7.0

1. Feb 27, 2012
    From the first seconds of the opening cinematic, you can tell that the voice acting is going to be bad. And it is. The main character's voice doesn't even fit the character, if you ask me. Puzzles devolved into pixel hunting (after no item from my inventory was getting me anywhere), and that's just plain poor design. To top off the suckiness, I didn't much like the interface and the gameFrom the first seconds of the opening cinematic, you can tell that the voice acting is going to be bad. And it is. The main character's voice doesn't even fit the character, if you ask me. Puzzles devolved into pixel hunting (after no item from my inventory was getting me anywhere), and that's just plain poor design. To top off the suckiness, I didn't much like the interface and the game wasn't funny. At all. I'll give the game a 1 because it runs. If you're jonesing for something Monkey Island-esque, try Jolly Rover. That one was actually well-made and fun. Expand

It's an enjoyable romp of a point and click adventure, it manages to maintain a fun sense of humour, and it is the perfect antidote to the domination of instant gratification in first-person shooters and real-time strategy games.
  2. Jack Keane is the most enjoyable point-and-click adventure I've played in a long time. It will appeal to almost every adventure fan, as the puzzles gradually get harder, while the game successfully reproduces the vibrant, humorous and slick atmosphere and antics of beloved classics of this proud genre, like Sam & Max and Monkey Island.
  3. Actually worse than "Ankh" in many respects.