Jack the Ripper PC

6.4

1. Dec 20, 2015
    This is a disappointingly average expansion and a missed out opportunity overall. The story is hardly interesting and barely fleshed out. The only new mechanic introduced is a fear system in which evil using a mix of hallucinogenic bombs, spikes, and the Indian version of iron knuckles to scare enemies into running away.There are "new"activities that are just reskins of the ones presentThis is a disappointingly average expansion and a missed out opportunity overall. The story is hardly interesting and barely fleshed out. The only new mechanic introduced is a fear system in which evil using a mix of hallucinogenic bombs, spikes, and the Indian version of iron knuckles to scare enemies into running away.There are "new"activities that are just reskins of the ones present in the main game. Gameplay is still fun but,strangely enough I experienced more glitches than in the main campaign. The screen would temporarily freeze while driving a coach and activities would reset for no reason at all. In the end I can't recommend this at its full asking price and give it a five out of ten. It's not terrible but it's not great. Expand

1. There is almost nothing good about the game, and, in fact, it’s one of the rare games I’ve played where I actually got mad at the ending. So if you notice some extra venom in this review, it’s because I’m writing it right after finishing the game.
  2. Jack the Ripper is a mixed bag. I was disappointed because the graphics are so enticing making the gameworld real and tangible but there isn't actually a great deal to do.
  3. The real problem here is that unchallenging puzzles, certain technical glitches, and somewhat tedious gameplay may even turn away bona fide aficionados of the genre, and, sadly, dishearten even the most devoted of fans with a rather disappointing and frustrating ending. And there's just no excuse for that.