7.4

1. Dec 4, 2012
    Don't listen to people arguing about bad speed or lack of options: The speed problem is a well documented collateral effect of the cracked version, and the original game in clean low/midrange systems runs perfect. Also, the game stood the test of time very well, and the port offers several customization options for modern PCs: High resolutions, up to 8xAA, and even 360 controller support.
  2. Sep 19, 2012
    I am waiting for this game for almost 10 years,this is a dreamcast masterpiece and now on pc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. Nov 12, 2012
    Played on Xbox 360, the game looks good, but on PC you can use additional filters, so it looks even better. It's weird that we don't have any kind of settings, like change graphics and stuff. The game goes easy on hardware, so I don't think this is a big problem. The widescreen resolution really improves the game, and with the HD resolution it looks gorgeous. Jet Set Radio HD really doesn't look like and old game, I guess SEGA was ahead of their time when they released it for Dreamcast.

And yes, we only have half of the original tracks and I do miss some one them, but AFAIK, SEGA tried hard to bring all the original songs, it's not their fault. Looking at the bright side, all the main songs are here and half of the soundtracks are new.

As in the original Dreamcast game, the camera drives you crazy sometimes, but now we at least have a second analog stick to help us to move the camera (if you're using a controller). I highly recommend to use a controller. I'm using my Xbox 360's wired controller.

The maps are kinda big, and once you get used to the controls you can grind all over it.

There are many graffiti's to collect, some are hidden in the map, some are easy to see but hard to get. I think that adds a lot to the game, you keep trying to get 'em all.

We now have achievements, I think that add some replay factor to the game. Also, there are some bonus videos and stuff. I miss the option to import images and use it as graffiti.

It's a great game, loved it in the past, loving it now. For just US$9.99 (R$14.99 in Brazil), it's a must buy.
  4. Dec 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Excellent single game in style and very beautiful even by the standards of today's graphics. The gameplay is exactly like the original dreamcast version and there is no downside to the game. Expand

There are no critic reviews yet.