Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising PC

8.7

1. Mar 26, 2011
    This game is great! Servers are still well populated and the game is still fun! Even for today's standards (2011) this game could beat any other. Good graphics, gameplay ,etc. Worth the buy!
  2. DerekS.
    Apr 6, 2004
    Demo is looking great... looking forward to the product.
  3. Mike
    Jun 12, 2004
    This game is great, i've been playing the demo.. im going to buy the retail version when i get the time/money.. heh. Its got all the great things a tactical fps needs.. and a great variety of things to do. Great game!
  4. CarlE.
    Jun 4, 2004
    This demo rocks! It has everything an FPS/Tact Shooter needs! Get the demo, it is very impressive.
  5. Chimp
    Jun 16, 2004
    Revolutionary.....the level design is perfection, and the day and night cycles give you a feeling of real war....there are so many different things you can do. I like being a sniper, taking a boat, driving it far out into the ocean, and sniping people from it.
  6. Cherub
    Jul 20, 2004
    This is just great game ! Ive played a lot in demo and decided to buy full retail version and.. WOW!! The Demo not even give you a feeling what really JO is like. Maps in full game are bigger and gameplay is more tactical. It has decent graphics and good support. If You buy it may sure You have the lateset version of the game (update option) - there is optional 1.2.0.10 patch whith boosts This is just great game ! Ive played a lot in demo and decided to buy full retail version and.. WOW!! The Demo not even give you a feeling what really JO is like. Maps in full game are bigger and gameplay is more tactical. It has decent graphics and good support. If You buy it may sure You have the lateset version of the game (update option) - there is optional 1.2.0.10 patch whith boosts performance and increses FPS ;). For me the best online game Ive playde - GET IT !! and well meet in jungle ;> Expand
  7. GHOSTMAKER=][=
    Jul 2, 2004
    The game the "battlefield" series wishes they were, NO LAG in games with 150 players in an area 50km sq, graphically superior and surprisingly undemanding of your system in comarison with BF Nam. ignore comparisons to more arcade games, you simply can't jump in and expect results, here be sim-war, and the untrained die quickly! if you are going to challenge the BF market, you betterThe game the "battlefield" series wishes they were, NO LAG in games with 150 players in an area 50km sq, graphically superior and surprisingly undemanding of your system in comarison with BF Nam. ignore comparisons to more arcade games, you simply can't jump in and expect results, here be sim-war, and the untrained die quickly! if you are going to challenge the BF market, you better do it in style. Novalogic has pulled it off big, is treating its customers with a lot of respect. if you are a fan of more serious action online, this is the bag you have been praying for! Expand
  8. JuanValdez
    Jul 6, 2004
    I enjoy online shooters as much as I enjoy a good cup of coffee. Let me just say that this game is like starbucks on crack - it is totally addicitve and will keep you up all night. Seriously, the game rocks and works best with teamspeak or ventrillo to make the squad tactics work right.
  9. JeffR.
    Mar 1, 2004
    This game is awesome it is a hybrid of black hawk down and Battlefield 1942 two of the best shooters ever. it will blow away all of the competion the day it comes out.
  10. MarcusH.
    Jun 18, 2004
    This game is soooo addicting....the landscape..the shooting...the vehicles...I love it!!! This is DEFINITELY a MUST-BUY!!!!
  11. MichaelC.
    Jul 3, 2004
    Joint ops is a slightly modification of delta force black hawk down but still surpasses the multiplayer antics of planetside and can well stick it to the battlefield 1942 series.battlefield games lack alot of flowing gameplay, on the other hand joint ops has fast respawn which makes it great if u cant be bothered waiting 17 seconds for a respawn on battlefield.The only reason i have markedJoint ops is a slightly modification of delta force black hawk down but still surpasses the multiplayer antics of planetside and can well stick it to the battlefield 1942 series.battlefield games lack alot of flowing gameplay, on the other hand joint ops has fast respawn which makes it great if u cant be bothered waiting 17 seconds for a respawn on battlefield.The only reason i have marked this product down is beacause it really uses the black hawk down gameplay and updated graphics engine.A part from these minor flaws it is a must buy for gamers that enjoy online team fps's Expand
  12. KelR.
    Jul 4, 2004
    If you love multiplayer action like me than this is your game. The landscapes are lush, the weapons and vehicles are realistic, and the action is intense. Games like this are are just the beginning of the next generation of video games. I did have to take off a point because there is no single player, and another because NovaLogic makes you have to have a copy of the game for each If you love multiplayer action like me than this is your game. The landscapes are lush, the weapons and vehicles are realistic, and the action is intense. Games like this are are just the beginning of the next generation of video games. I did have to take off a point because there is no single player, and another because NovaLogic makes you have to have a copy of the game for each computer on a LAN. Expand
  13. Nano
    Jul 6, 2004
    Well Done.
  14. Dimi
    Nov 19, 2004
    OK graphics, a sound that after a while becomes boring, but still a well-made title with great playability that can keep u awake for many hours, at least if you have someone to play with :)
  15. IanG.
    Mar 20, 2004
    wow!
  16. Donkey
    May 14, 2004
    This game is awesome! even tho it is a demo, i am buying it!
  17. RickyJ.
    Jun 11, 2004
    The demo of this game is better then any game ive ever seen.it is so fun and im defently getting the game the day it comes out on june 15 black hawk down used to be fun............well this is going to be way better.
  18. CharlesP.
    Nov 20, 2003
    When Blackhawk Down came out, I thought it was the best pc game available. Looking at Joint Operations I can say that this is going to be the best pc game out there. It's going to be tough to beat this game.
  19. Chopin
    Jul 15, 2004
    Dont listen to the reviews in the yellow. No functional vehicles besides transportation? I got bombarded on the beach by boats with grenade launchers, bombed by helicopters and mowed down by APCs the first time i played! horrendous load times? 20 seconds most....no more than call of duty and definitely less than UT2k4! But enough about that. The best part are the Co-op missions, because Dont listen to the reviews in the yellow. No functional vehicles besides transportation? I got bombarded on the beach by boats with grenade launchers, bombed by helicopters and mowed down by APCs the first time i played! horrendous load times? 20 seconds most....no more than call of duty and definitely less than UT2k4! But enough about that. The best part are the Co-op missions, because for the first time in any MP game ive ever seen, the squad tactics work and there is always someone of each class. If everyone goes sniper or runs around fragwhoring, you dont accomplish anything. In particular, try Operation Gothic Shield if you get the game. It's one of the most fun gaming experiences ive ever had. The day and night cycles, the sunset, the crickets, JO really makes you feel like your there. Expand
    Aug 23, 2004
    This is war... all other games should aspire to this! factors like 'spawn camping' and 'almost one shot kill' make the game more realistic then other games in its class.
  21. MattB.
    Mar 26, 2006
    I gave it an eight because i am kinda upset at the fact that there is no single player to this game...a game needs a single player to occupy you when you cant be on the internet i like the graphics and the online but it needs a single player.
  22. JaredB.
    Nov 14, 2003
    This game looks like bf1942 with way better graphics/maps and it provides foliage for ground troops. At this point it looks like one of the greatest games I've ever seen!
  23. Aug 26, 2010
    This game is old, but a classic. Huge maps, many drivable vehicle, and great online play modes. Advance and Secure is in my opinion the best mode ever created. I would have given it a ten if it wasn't for the fact that the anti-cheat engine is no longer updated and most servers are plagued with hackers. Other than that Joint Ops, is still one of my all time favorites.
  24. Jun 3, 2011
    Much agree with JohnHorkman. Picked this game up recently and is some of the best gameplay I've seen! Games to need to be made more often like this. I even showed it to a few friends (which were COD fanboys) and they thought it was the coolest game they've EVER seen! They felt jealus because they didn't have a PC good enough to run it. They are Xbox 360 nerds btw lol. ;) Look no furtherMuch agree with JohnHorkman. Picked this game up recently and is some of the best gameplay I've seen! Games to need to be made more often like this. I even showed it to a few friends (which were COD fanboys) and they thought it was the coolest game they've EVER seen! They felt jealus because they didn't have a PC good enough to run it. They are Xbox 360 nerds btw lol. ;) Look no further gamers! This is the way to go. Also, check out the Escalation expansion if you are getting this. Pure epicness and nothing more! Expand
  25. May 2, 2011
    Till this day this is one of the best multiplayer shooters out there, no question. The huge sprawling battlefields and really exciting game play makes this a fun experience. Strategy is key to this game, not a run n gun like COD etc. What I love most is that many of the servers have battles that have an almost unlimited time limit so you can technically play this game for hours on endTill this day this is one of the best multiplayer shooters out there, no question. The huge sprawling battlefields and really exciting game play makes this a fun experience. Strategy is key to this game, not a run n gun like COD etc. What I love most is that many of the servers have battles that have an almost unlimited time limit so you can technically play this game for hours on end with the battle still raging when you finally log off, unless of course one team captures all the checkpoints. I remember playing one battle that raged for 15 hours once, HA. The graphics are dated, but what do you expect from a game 10 years old? WELL worth buying, even today, the expansions are fun too, and their are TONS of mods for this. Also, check out the taunts.... they are hilarious. HOOO RAAAAA!!!! Expand
  26. Apr 21, 2012
    Even with the age of this game, it still out plays all the latest/modern games. With the ability to make custom maps, and the amount of people you can fill a server with(150+) it is still a great game. Can't stop playing it! This game even has a tournament that has been in existence since 2004, www.icjo.info
  27. Apr 22, 2012
    I have bought most FPS game to come out in Recent years All the COD and BF series, But within a couple of days, Im back with JO, It is by far the best FPS out there. The things you can do with this game is awesome, Moding is easy, Map building easy. We even have a tournament which is great. Anyone out there who rads this and doesn't have Joint operations should try it.
  28. Oct 4, 2013
    I love this game still. Good online multiplaye, lan, Radio Team Speak e.g I need back up, Good missions, Good stages.
    Get this game it's very good.
    Dam 148 words :D

1. What it does have, though, is rock-solid netcode and the most exquisite balancing and map design I've ever seen. [Aug 2004, p.104]
  2. It is much more suited towards the serious cyber solider rather than the ex-quake junky with its heavy dependency on tactics and planned strategies, and whilst it is far from perfect itself, the detail and depth offered in Joint Operations is quite exceptional to say the least.
  3. When it works it works well and offers a very challenging online experience. The fun is hampered by both horrendous load times and the fact that you need a high-end system to coax performance from the engine. There are also some issues with unbalanced units, rampant camping, and the lack of any "functional" vehicles other than transportation.