4.4

1. Oct 10, 2012
    I am a big fan of Jurassic Park and have had some playtime with many jurassic games and even own about 3 myself, but this game is much different than I expected and not in a good way. It's not the standard RPG, or side-scroller, or FPS, or anything I ever played. It's plays like you're watching an interactive movie. I admit it is fun, but I find myself just sitting at my desk, head in oneI am a big fan of Jurassic Park and have had some playtime with many jurassic games and even own about 3 myself, but this game is much different than I expected and not in a good way. It's not the standard RPG, or side-scroller, or FPS, or anything I ever played. It's plays like you're watching an interactive movie. I admit it is fun, but I find myself just sitting at my desk, head in one hand at times, and watching the game unfold, and when prompted I press a buss or two. Some times I even get to move my mouse to investigate, but this is definitely not a action RPG. It's a story-driven action-prompting interactive movie and I cannot recommend nor can I recommend. My personal opinion is to try a demo first or go on youtube and see how the game works. this game might not be for everyone, unless you're a real jJurassic Park fan. I like this game for the aesthetics, entertainment and storyline. Expand
  2. Jan 8, 2012
    This game is indeed like an interactive movie. It's a bit cheesy and unrealistic, but I found it to be quite fun. If you're a big fan of the Jurassic Park movies, then I would suggest picking up the game, but definitely not for full price! Wait til it drops down a bit (which I'm certain it will do soon). it could be better and would definitely be a lot more fun if it were more of an actionThis game is indeed like an interactive movie. It's a bit cheesy and unrealistic, but I found it to be quite fun. If you're a big fan of the Jurassic Park movies, then I would suggest picking up the game, but definitely not for full price! Wait til it drops down a bit (which I'm certain it will do soon). it could be better and would definitely be a lot more fun if it were more of an action game rather than a "how fast can you push this button" game. it is fun to play it with someone watching though, so that you can laugh and make fun of it together/enjoy it for the movie-like experience that it is

tl;dr: it's an interactive, cheesy movie, but fun.
  3. Dec 24, 2011
    It's bad that I keep reading these user reviews about how they felt the game should be and what it should have included, and because it didn't meet those specific expectations, it was a terrible game. Honestly, reviewing the game itself, ignoring my preconceptions, it wasn't that bad a game. Yes, this is NOT the traditional adventure game with lots of difficult puzzles or even anIt's bad that I keep reading these user reviews about how they felt the game should be and what it should have included, and because it didn't meet those specific expectations, it was a terrible game. Honestly, reviewing the game itself, ignoring my preconceptions, it wasn't that bad a game. Yes, this is NOT the traditional adventure game with lots of difficult puzzles or even an inventory. This is a game full of QTEs and some minor puzzles. It feels like more of an experience than a game in many ways, and it kept me engaged the whole time because I knew that, at any moment, I'd be forced to quickly respond to a QTE. I felt the story was done justice, though I haven't read the book or watched the movie in a VERY long time (haven't read the book since before the first movie was ever released!), and if I wanted to watch the movie again I'd do that instead of trying to play this game. The game is a separate story arc, happening at the same time as the original book/movie.

My gripe with the game is that sometimes the QTEs are just plain not fair. There is no indication to what you're going to have to be hitting in some cases, and you'd just have to blindly guess and have a lot of luck to ever get them right on the first try. For example, a left arrow with a single ring always means hit left once. But a left arrow with a double ring SOMETIMES means hit left twice but other times means hit left followed by a different direction. And this I would forgive if there was some tolerance for wrong keys in this system, but there are times where if you do not hit the right sequence within quarter second, you fail. Telltale, if you ever do another game with QTEs, go look at Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy. It's another adventure game relying HEAVILY on QTEs, but they never cheat the player. I enjoyed the QTEs for the most part, but there were times I just got pissed off and stopped having fun because I wasn't even clued in to what was going to happen.

The other small problem I have had issues with is my mouse disappearing if I pause. I don't even have to alt+tab out of the game, and my drivers are all up to date. It's just a rather random glitch.
  4. Nov 24, 2011
    If you approach this title as an interactive movie instead of an interactive game you'll have a very enjoyable experience with a decent story, passable graphics and fantastic voice acting. Jurassic Park fans will certainly love what feels like a "canon" installment in the franchise. If on the other hand you're looking for a game with a "modern" feel, you will have to look elsewhere as theIf you approach this title as an interactive movie instead of an interactive game you'll have a very enjoyable experience with a decent story, passable graphics and fantastic voice acting. Jurassic Park fans will certainly love what feels like a "canon" installment in the franchise. If on the other hand you're looking for a game with a "modern" feel, you will have to look elsewhere as the gameplay is very simplified and non-varied, desperately in need for more puzzle experiences. Expand
  5. Dec 5, 2011
    Nice game/interactive movie. Good to sit back and relax to after a normal intense game playing session. Ok graphics and great sound. Takes about 5-7 hours to complete with a little replayability getting all the gold medals. Pity theres no vibration when using a 360 pad and a few graphical stutters here and there.
  6. Nov 23, 2011
    This game is one for fans. I know, because i am one, and just completed it. Story is awesome in the context of JP, graphics are fine for what they're trying to do (don't understand why people complain about these lol). What i do have a problem with is some of the button press sequences are too fast, probably by design, so that you get to see the dinosaur deaths they put so much time intoThis game is one for fans. I know, because i am one, and just completed it. Story is awesome in the context of JP, graphics are fine for what they're trying to do (don't understand why people complain about these lol). What i do have a problem with is some of the button press sequences are too fast, probably by design, so that you get to see the dinosaur deaths they put so much time into making, and they get some replayability out of it if you want to get your gold medal. That's cheap. Would have given it an 8 for the story if it wasn't for that mechanic (requiring you in some instances to see the same death sequence over and over again to learn the button presses). Expand
  7. Nov 18, 2011
    This game is by no stretch perfect. The graphics are reflective of Telltale's pedigree. The music, aside from the cues referencing John William's score, is poor. Billy Yoder and Miles Chadwick are some of the more obnoxious characters in gaming. But as a Jurassic Park fan, this game had great fan service; the game was very evocative of the films, suspenseful and thrilling, despite theThis game is by no stretch perfect. The graphics are reflective of Telltale's pedigree. The music, aside from the cues referencing John William's score, is poor. Billy Yoder and Miles Chadwick are some of the more obnoxious characters in gaming. But as a Jurassic Park fan, this game had great fan service; the game was very evocative of the films, suspenseful and thrilling, despite the limited control. The characters (despite the two mentioned) are very likeable and fleshed out. This game is worth playing if you love the initial Jurassic Park film, and are interested in revisiting Isla Nublar. Expand
  8. Nov 20, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Good: The game stays true to the first film, the characters have their own fascinating stories, a couple of interesting cliffhangers, many blood pumping moments and being able to access scenes easily is a great feature.

Bad: The game has many lag problems, a few game mechanic bugs that need sorting out, each episode are a little shorter than you may have thought and why is there no special guest appearance?

Read my full review here: http://www.nave360.com/review/jurassic-park-the-game-pc/
  9. Dec 17, 2011
    What game is an interesting idea for some adventure. The game reminds us of the classic adventure games that are not np.TPP and do not show what is not known, however, shootings, etc. The game is just an interesting idea, and only at the beginning looks really interesting, but the longer we play the game we see that this is not such a production and creators have to learn a little more.What game is an interesting idea for some adventure. The game reminds us of the classic adventure games that are not np.TPP and do not show what is not known, however, shootings, etc. The game is just an interesting idea, and only at the beginning looks really interesting, but the longer we play the game we see that this is not such a production and creators have to learn a little more. The game is too simple, it shows too many quick time events, and is simply too shallow. My rating - 6 / 10 Expand
  10. Jan 31, 2012
    I really don't understand the hate. This game is actually pretty fun besides its flaws. QTE is a bad thing, I really despise them in a "normal" game (sometimes it's ok I guess, I'm looking at you Shenmue and God of War) but if you use them wisely in an adventure game just like Heavy Rain it can be good. Here it's good.
    Jurassic Park has a good idea, telling the story behind the story. The
    Jurassic Park has a good idea, telling the story behind the story. The story and characters are kinda cliché and cheasy but I like it like that it works fine. The action is what got me, the tension when you have dinosaurs behind trying to kill you is like the movie. You really feel like playing a part of the first Jurassic Park movie.
  11. Feb 17, 2013
    movie-game and it's intresting
  12. Jun 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I checked the spoilers box as a courtesy for anyone who really wants to play this game knowing nothing about the story but honestly, there's not really any spoilers in this review...

Knowing that Telltale games only makes one style of game, I had already expected it to play more like an interactive movie than any other game genre. Gamers of the arcade generation might remember Dragon's Lair which is pretty much the father of this type of game. I loved Dragon's Lair.

There are 2, seemingly balanced gametypes in Jurassic Park: The Game
    One type is an action sequence where one must hit buttons or hold buttons when prompted in order to avoid dying. The thing I love most about these sequences is that if you miss the buttons or hit the wrong ones, you get to see some of the most brutal dino kills ever imagined, along with a fair amount of reaction shots from other characters. Really, guys.. People crushed, bent it half, bitten, shredded, chewed-on, dragged away, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. Death is rarely censored and I think you can even see shadows most of the time if the camera pans away from the CG characters.

The other gametype is more investigative. Telltale does a lot of this and very well (i.e.: Back to the Future, The Walking Dead) You play as pretty much every character in the game to try to figure out how to get in and out of locked rooms, sticky situations, etc. but there isn't much off a challenge. Instead of conrolling any characters, you swap between "scenes" and then sort of pan around and hit the buttons that fade in when something interests the character. There's also a speech menu that lets you talk to other characters or call to them to maybe throw a switch or check for dinos. It's not as fun as being able to walk a 3rd person character around with the thumbstick, but it's much more artistic and since the game feels like a movie, that's pretty cool. I give it an A for effort but it kinda blows compared to the way you control characters in other Telltale games.

The game is long enough for what it is. Don't pay much money for it. Buy it on sale on steam or rip it from a friend or something. Each episode is written by different people and you can really tell if you play the game start-to-finish in a few days time (or one sitting for that matter). Some of the character's personalities are different in some episodes than they are in others. The result is you picking choices in favor of a character you like but then hating yourself for it when they turn out to be a dick later. This may have been their intention but something's off. I might not be describing it right but I'm pretty sure it would've felt right if one person or team of people wrote the entire game and didn't have the responsibility separated into full episodes (of which there are 4)

I was pleased to hear and recognize the voice of Jason Marsden (voiced the dragon in Miyazaki's Spirited Away, and was on pretty much every teen sitcom in the 90's) but I hate his character. The rest of the voice acting is either stinted or really cliché and it many times cheapens the story. I'm sure that's the director's fault.

Episode 1 is the best one because it starts you off linking you with the 1st JP movie. You get to investigate where Newman from Seinfeld got ate by the spitter. I knew from the movie exactly where to find the shaving cream can the whole time but i had to get my dumb character to figure it out for herself before i could dig for it. The homage is fantastic.

Music and sound is great. Love the dino sfx. The t-rex roar is on point!
  13. Feb 13, 2012
    This is a game much better approached as an interactive story-telling feature. I have no doubt that those who bought this expecting a similar experience from previous Telltale games were severely disappointed. However, looking at the user reviews I didn't expect much. That said, I was pleasantly surprised with a little fun and a good way to kill a few hours. Not much more substanceThis is a game much better approached as an interactive story-telling feature. I have no doubt that those who bought this expecting a similar experience from previous Telltale games were severely disappointed. However, looking at the user reviews I didn't expect much. That said, I was pleasantly surprised with a little fun and a good way to kill a few hours. Not much more substance than that, but it does show how much expectations color the reception of a piece of media. Expand
  14. Nov 20, 2013
    Jurassic Park was actually a pleasant surprise for me… The thought of a whole game based on interactive cut-scenes similar to those we have in the Resident Evil’s and Tomb Raiders had me relatively unimpressed, however you find yourself engrossed in the action. It’s like watching an animated movie which allows you to join in. Telltale has a very unique set of ideas for games and I canJurassic Park was actually a pleasant surprise for me… The thought of a whole game based on interactive cut-scenes similar to those we have in the Resident Evil’s and Tomb Raiders had me relatively unimpressed, however you find yourself engrossed in the action. It’s like watching an animated movie which allows you to join in. Telltale has a very unique set of ideas for games and I can honestly say I have enjoyed this to an extent… Is it the most action packed game? No… Does it have replay value? That’s debatable… But I would definitely recommend it for a change of pace; it makes a refreshing change when you can’t be bothered with yet another shooter! Expand
  15. Jul 3, 2014
    Jurassic Park is a real mixed bag. Ostensibly, this is an adventure game that follows a story running parallel to the first movie. The characters, for the most part, aren't bad and the story is a reasonably well written excuse to take you through all the iconic settings of the movie. The graphics aren't show stopping, but they are clean, clear and effective which is exactly what you want.Jurassic Park is a real mixed bag. Ostensibly, this is an adventure game that follows a story running parallel to the first movie. The characters, for the most part, aren't bad and the story is a reasonably well written excuse to take you through all the iconic settings of the movie. The graphics aren't show stopping, but they are clean, clear and effective which is exactly what you want. The problem is in the gameplay. Telltale have dropped their usual Point and Click / Third Person hybrid gameplay in favour of the Interactive Movie type gameplay we saw in Heavy Rain. How much you enjoy Jurassic Park will depend very much on how much you like that kind of interaction. Personally, I found it limiting. Too often you feel as though you aren't really in the game, merely offering limited input when things get rough. It's not awful, certainly, but it feels more like the sort of Mid-90s Multimedia CD-ROM Merchandise rather than a modern Triple-A video game. Expand

1. Jun 9, 2012
    Jurassic Park: The Game is a bad interactive B-movie that takes place in Jurassic Park, in which you'll mindlessly and without any tension ram buttons. A historically bad game.
  2. Apr 22, 2012
    The game is most certainly not for everyone - especially not with a $30 asking price for a massive pile of Quick Time Events - but those who loved the classic film back in the '90s should find it worthwhile, with a nicely thrilling tone, strong use of the setting, and just a hint of TellTales' sense of humor.
  3. PC Master (Greece)
    Mar 1, 2012
    Jurassic Park has as much to do with adventure games, as dinosaurs have to do with modern times. Save your money and don't encourage its developers, lest they decide to make a sequel… [February 2012]