7.4

Jan 2, 2007
    A mediocre game at best. Buggy AI,. Graphics become insanely choppy on a multi-processor or hyper-threaded processor box. The fix involves alt-tabbing out, and changing the processor affinity via Windows Task Manager, a problem still unacknowledged by the publisher. Poorly tested mission goals force you to dump your nice vehicle and solve the problem in the way that the developer A mediocre game at best. Buggy AI,. Graphics become insanely choppy on a multi-processor or hyper-threaded processor box. The fix involves alt-tabbing out, and changing the processor affinity via Windows Task Manager, a problem still unacknowledged by the publisher. Poorly tested mission goals force you to dump your nice vehicle and solve the problem in the way that the developer imagined. Plays like a console port, no PC save function, must hike back to a save point before exiting the game. Expand
  2. PhyL.
    Oct 4, 2006
    OK so the controls could have done with a bit more work and I really miss gamepad support but this game is FUN. The map is huge with no loading screens and the draw distence is stunning. First impressions make for a comparison to San Andreas and it fails but after a couple of hours you see it in it's own right and there are many ways it puts GTA to shame. It's hard to understand OK so the controls could have done with a bit more work and I really miss gamepad support but this game is FUN. The map is huge with no loading screens and the draw distence is stunning. First impressions make for a comparison to San Andreas and it fails but after a couple of hours you see it in it's own right and there are many ways it puts GTA to shame. It's hard to understand the negative reviews unless people are basing their judgments on the demo, I can only say that the retail is way better with most of the irritations ironed out. Excellent game. Expand
  3. Nov 12, 2011
    Approximately 180 miles south of here a certain Mr I. Newton will be spinning in his grave. Luckily for him he can't get out and play this thing. Actually I'm doing the game a disservice. It is tremendous fun for a few hours. After that it's all downhill like the opening parachute jump. It's best not to take this game too seriously (if that's even possible) and then you will have a prettyApproximately 180 miles south of here a certain Mr I. Newton will be spinning in his grave. Luckily for him he can't get out and play this thing. Actually I'm doing the game a disservice. It is tremendous fun for a few hours. After that it's all downhill like the opening parachute jump. It's best not to take this game too seriously (if that's even possible) and then you will have a pretty good time until you get bored with an extreme bout of deja vu. I toyed with 6/10 but decided on a 7 because I laughed a lot, and arsing around, seeing what stupid thing you can do next appeals to the kid in all of us. Expand
  4. TomM.
    Mar 16, 2007
    Worst game I have ever seen, lots of bugs, the A.I is predictable and there is no such ting as ragdoll. People die and fall down like they do on CS 1.6. Its just too bad they didn't finish the game, it could have been so much better if the bugs were fixed and if they made a better job with the missions. The idea is not bad.
  5. Elpresidenti
    Sep 25, 2006
    Just Cause is beautiful to look at and the island you play on is huge, from the start you havo total freedom of the island and if you want an idea on how big it is ,I would probly say that you could fit San andreas, Liberty city, and the island of farcry onto it. missions are ok and the physics are out of the window, My grip with this game is the pathetic control system, you can give all Just Cause is beautiful to look at and the island you play on is huge, from the start you havo total freedom of the island and if you want an idea on how big it is ,I would probly say that you could fit San andreas, Liberty city, and the island of farcry onto it. missions are ok and the physics are out of the window, My grip with this game is the pathetic control system, you can give all the controls new keys but for some odd reason if you have a 5 button mouse you are unable to use buttons 4 & 5 as well as the middle mouse button for anything. also lets say you set deploy parashute to the pagedown key and from time to time you can press that button to deploy the parashute BUT let say you press the stunt key to jump out of the car and onto its roof, well the parashute key now changes to something else, im sure once you get your head around how to redefine the controls and things start to make sence you will find just cause enjoyable. oh one last thing the game does not have joystick support so its mouse and keyboard all the way. Expand
  6. Daveydje
    Sep 25, 2006
    It's basically a GTA clone, but not a bad one. The stunt mode is pretty good, even it does defy the laws of physics... jumping out of the cockpit of a plane and onto the wing, and parachuting to your target is great fun. The missions seem decent enough. It's one of those games which has some faults, but is still a good laugh.
  7. MagnusLund
    May 6, 2009
    89 vehicles that all look and handles like poop.
    250.000 acres of tropical island that all look the same.
    303 unimaginative and bland missions. this game is truly about quantity over quality....sadly. the rest of the stuff- AI, Combat, controls, sounds, graphics, story, gameplay etc etc. can all be summed up in one word: TERRIBLE. the game gets 1 point for the parachuting/para
    89 vehicles that all look and handles like poop.
    250.000 acres of tropical island that all look the same.
    303 unimaginative and bland missions.

this game is truly about quantity over quality....sadly.

the game gets 1 point for the parachuting/para sailing which is the only thing that they have done right in this game.

in other words, stay the hell away from this game, even if you find it as a bargain deal, like I did, it's still not worth the money. AVOID AT ALL "CAUSE"(ok lame pun but whatever :-P )
  8. BlorgB.
    Jan 21, 2007
    I bought this game, wich was my first mistake....couldn't belive how a tilte like this can be shipped. Its way to buggy on a 360 ...and I've heard its even worse on the PC. Gameplay is mindless, I've played freeware better than this.
  9. Chris
    Jul 19, 2007
    Bad controls. no storyline. a cheap,shallow GTA spin-off.
  10. Nov 24, 2013
    If you like GTA, Don't EVER buy this game, it will bug the Hells out of you (Story, graphic, characters motion, music, everythings). Buy San andreas instead.
  11. JhonBogerty
    Oct 15, 2006
    Bought it, sold it, regretted ever looking at it.
  12. Sam
    Aug 31, 2007
    Demo was fun but the game got boring after just a few hours. GTA ripoff, no storyline. Every mission was "kill this guy" or "retrieve this item."
  13. DavidP.
    Aug 26, 2006
    What a disapointment! Months of hype, excellent pictures and some fanstastic video and we end up with a turkey! If this demo is indicative of the finished games then I wont be wasting my money. The AI is basic, the "freeform" exploration actually punctuated with new missions and constant barrages "complete the mission" the vehicles are impossible to drive and despite playing this over and What a disapointment! Months of hype, excellent pictures and some fanstastic video and we end up with a turkey! If this demo is indicative of the finished games then I wont be wasting my money. The AI is basic, the "freeform" exploration actually punctuated with new missions and constant barrages "complete the mission" the vehicles are impossible to drive and despite playing this over and over again I have yet to discover the grappling hook ! It is also seems to lurch from extreme difficulty ie land self on moving car and kill god like boss, to arcade simplicity when taking on 100's of tooled up police who will barely damage your own god like health! All in all a game best avoided if the demo is anything to go on. Expand
  14. SourceCS
    Dec 19, 2008
    The good things:
    You can be a passanger, when hp is low slomo activates, lots of stunts, mounted guns on vehicles, multiple weapons that you can switch between (in a vehicle ofcourse), nice graphics, good features in PDA. Weapons, vehicles, guns ar availabel in safe house and they are diffrent in every safehouse, parachute feature is great, lock'on target feature.
    The Bad things:
    The good things:
    The Bad things:
    Every time you change graphics you have to restart, laggy on low graphics (high graphics gave me best performence), nothing to do in free roam besides kill, get bounty, hijack. Tereble controls when sweeming under water, borring missions, borring gameplay, bad hadlings on a ground vehicles, Lame AIs, retardet pursuits.
    I rated 3 cause it's borring. The game is woth attention, but not worth buying it
  15. Keydub
    Oct 15, 2006
    Almost as bad a Driv3r! DO NOT BUY THIS GAME ITS TERRIBLE, stick with GTA San Andreas its still the best!
  16. Keydub
    Sep 24, 2006
  17. BaddogM.
    May 20, 2007
    Grapple a helicopter and then crash it into a volcano, parachuting out at the last second, to land on a moving vehicle and car surf to freedom. If you don't have fun playing this, then you may well have part of your brain missing.
  18. Stallin
    Nov 8, 2006
    Even though the amazing world you have to deal with and some very interesting acrobatics that u can do , you always have the feeling that something misses. I think that if a creator could combinate the world of the just cause and the feeling that creates you an episode of the grand thief auto series , then we could speak for the bast action game ever. But just cause by itself wont be this game!!!
  19. PeterA.
    Oct 20, 2006
    Great fun and exciting stunts. I've done all the liberations on the entire island.
  20. Dane
    May 13, 2007
    Anonymous reviewer said it all... blatant PC port with horrible save function and several bugs that affect play (like the stuttering). Still, beneath al that lies a very fun game with some amazing visuals.
  21. JustinT.
    Jun 7, 2007
    I thought the whole game was cool the helicopters and being able to go arouns the island and adventure its just cool idk who wouldnt like it. its all action packed i love it. but of course my computer stoped playing it for some reason it wont even load into the game any more i think its cas my computer has windows xp 64 bit.
  22. SvenS.
    Oct 10, 2006
    To me this was a great experience, the action is mindblowing, the graphics is amazing. Buy this game!
  23. Michael
    Mar 20, 2007
    Really awesome. Somewhat far-fetched stunts and physics, but that is what makes part of the game fun. The graphics are good, the landscape is really beautiful and -huge-. You can fly helicopters, airplanes, drive speedboats, tanks, motorcycles, Vespas, control battleships and hummers and more. 10/10
  24. JohanH.
    Oct 11, 2006
    Great game! Love the action and graphics!
  25. Exors1stFeerontak
    Oct 13, 2006
    The Game is so awsome. The stunts are just so mind blowing. The game kinda lets you down. All the space is 70% Junglw and sea wich kinda sucks. The space could have been used a little more creativley...the A.I is terrible ! The game engine is really great if it was used wisley the game would have had a 10/10. For some reason Rico is pratically invincible. The graphics are great and you The Game is so awsome. The stunts are just so mind blowing. The game kinda lets you down. All the space is 70% Junglw and sea wich kinda sucks. The space could have been used a little more creativley...the A.I is terrible ! The game engine is really great if it was used wisley the game would have had a 10/10. For some reason Rico is pratically invincible. The graphics are great and you really don't nead a powerfull machine to play it. If a level editer came with it, lots of bonus content would be on the net. Another problem is the enemy character models are poorley detailed and body's, particles and other static objects wich are destroyed disappear so quickley...nevertheless the game still rocks so buy it... Collapse
  26. MikeL.
    Oct 8, 2006
    Just Cause isn't bad at all. It's just over-the-top action with realism as an afterthought. When you play it, though, you realize it could have been so much more.
  27. JamieS.
    Sep 24, 2006
    Close .... but not quite. They made a beautiful, interesting, large world that you want to explore only to find it filled with poor animation and AI. When you first parachute down, you feel like it's black&white ..an enormouse world that opens before you. But in your first gunfight, when a car pulls up on a beach and baddies inside "fade" into view rather than actually getting out, Close .... but not quite. They made a beautiful, interesting, large world that you want to explore only to find it filled with poor animation and AI. When you first parachute down, you feel like it's black&white ..an enormouse world that opens before you. But in your first gunfight, when a car pulls up on a beach and baddies inside "fade" into view rather than actually getting out, you are disappointed.. and when you're hit with a hundred shots in the gunfight and still not dead, you're incredulous. And it gets worse. In other gunfights, people pop up and down like jack-in-theboxes... How can they make a world that feels and looks so real, then screw it up so badly? Seven points for trying. It's a damn good engine, and you COULD make a good game with it. But you didn't. Better luck next time guys Expand
  28. StevenS.
    Apr 13, 2007
    cool tricks in game and graphics are goood!! .. lightning is good to .. 10+
  29. GunnarK.
    Aug 5, 2007
    Fun game and good graphics.
  30. KasperM.
    Nov 19, 2006
    The game is awesome. The stuns are amazing, the land is enormous. The graphics are not amazing, but absolutely not bad.
  31. KonstantinosL.
    Aug 27, 2006
    The game has pretty good action, although with the battle scenes max payne freeze bullets style would be enjoued too. And also a coop of mayhem would have been even more thrilling, doing missions with a friend. Thanks, Cool Game, Im buying it.
  32. Sep 1, 2013
    [5.6] Just Cause focuses far too heavily on copying Grand Theft Auto and really doesn't flesh out its mechanics like it could (which the second game does perfectly). The game is barely playable, with a simplistic combat system, poor driving, and generally bland gameplay. None of the game's elements work well together, and the only thing that this game benefits from is a decent open world.[5.6] Just Cause focuses far too heavily on copying Grand Theft Auto and really doesn't flesh out its mechanics like it could (which the second game does perfectly). The game is barely playable, with a simplistic combat system, poor driving, and generally bland gameplay. None of the game's elements work well together, and the only thing that this game benefits from is a decent open world. Play the second game. Expand
  33. Sep 30, 2014
    It is not a good game for shooting type ,i don't like it.....the soldiers keep on coming here and there ,after even we shoot them .....the still come again and again ....
  34. AyricD.
    Apr 9, 2007
    Bad port... probably fun on console
  35. k-oz
    Nov 6, 2007
    A pretty good try at doing something creative, but just not good enough. the stunts, even though creative, get repetitive after a few hours of gameplay. mission designs should be able to give the player a bit more freedom. the physics suck to the core! and rico is downright invincible and dies only when mowed down by a vehicle. also the game starts to stutter after an hour of gameplay orA pretty good try at doing something creative, but just not good enough. the stunts, even though creative, get repetitive after a few hours of gameplay. mission designs should be able to give the player a bit more freedom. the physics suck to the core! and rico is downright invincible and dies only when mowed down by a vehicle. also the game starts to stutter after an hour of gameplay or so. one of the few good points to the game is the island itself which is really pretty, but too eventless to actually bother exploring. some of the vehicles are fun to ride too. Expand
  36. Adam
    Mar 25, 2007
    Poor controls, no support for widescreen, and graphics are disappointing. Can't believe I spent $35 dollars to run around what feels like a deserted Island.

1. You’ll have a fun time breaking the law to overthrow a government and not even know who you’re working for.
  2. It may not be the deepest kid in the class, but it sure does know how to have fun at recess.
  3. Just Cause adds some crazy skydiving, car surfing, and a grappling hook that lets you parasail, but its storyline missions are kind of dull and predictable. [Jan. 2007, p.72]