• Publisher: 1C
  • Release Date: Oct 25, 2012
6.9

1. Oct 26, 2012
    If you liked the first game or Armord Princess you'll love this. the game uses the same engine but the mechanics are evolved. In my opinion this is the best game in the genre right now. If you like strategy games try this out!
  2. Feb 19, 2013
    First, I completely sympathize with the argument concerning the price of the game. It's an expansion pack and should probably cost around $20. If you want to wait for a sale on Steam it's understandable. It is however, a dense lengthy, and well thought out expansion.
    + It's far longer than the average complete $60 game. The first four zones (the start island) can take upwards of 15 hours if you enjoy the story and explore all of the nooks and crannies. It's an adventure.
    + The soundtrack is brand new. It's incredible.
    + While the graphics are essentially the same as the last two games, they are improved. The environment is lush. The colors are appropriate and mood inducing.
    + The combat seems more sleek and refined. They did implement quite a lot of new battle mechanics, but they feel unobtrusive enough. You have time to learn them slowly, and can win fights without them easily. I don't find myself taking two turns after killing 90% of the enemies to group my soldiers around a paladin for a prayer healing session.
    - One of the new systems does not seem as well implemented as it could have been. The rally sessions for your troops before battles is odd at first.
    + The story feels a lot more like a novel than the other KB games. It's a more channeled experience, but I feel like they take care of it appropriately.
    +The rage summon system is unique to this game. It's more similar to the summons in the fist Kings Bounty.
    I do love these games so my opinion is a little biased, but I do highly recommend this game if you like the other two. I got chills with the ominous music playing at the start of zone three during your lengthy conversation with the king of the zone. There are a lot of moments like that if you get wrapped up in it. I'm nerdy for this game. It's too much fun to give a lower score.
  3. Nov 2, 2012
    This game surprised me unprepared as I didn't know that it's about to come out, so when I found out that the game will be released (it was like 15 hours to release) I purchased Valhalla Edition as pre-order. Got the game for nice 17 Euros and I wasn't thinking too much before I bought it. Now I'll tell you why. First, I wanted to restart original series playing - Legend and finally tryThis game surprised me unprepared as I didn't know that it's about to come out, so when I found out that the game will be released (it was like 15 hours to release) I purchased Valhalla Edition as pre-order. Got the game for nice 17 Euros and I wasn't thinking too much before I bought it. Now I'll tell you why. First, I wanted to restart original series playing - Legend and finally try Orcs ond the March (I haven't tried it yet since I bought the crossworlds just after finished very long Armored Princess) so this was a natural selection. The previous games were so great that I had no doubt that this is going to be hit as well. The graphics stays the same - great! I loved it in the original so I can quickly navigate what is what. Gameplay - definitely enhanced, I agree rune system is not the most helping but sometimes helps you to finish the combat without loses or kill powerful unit on low life. The rest remained same but I like it. Be honest, if you change the game too much there would be always angry mob saying "it's completely changed!" and if you don't change it too much there will be angry mob saying "nothing change, not worth of money". The one thing is true and that's why I put 9 is that some things are not polished yet, various mistakes in spells or repeating combats - bugs in general kinda make this game not absolute top in technical course of thinking. Already released new patch with TONS of fixes but still some work to be done but it was overall problem in previous games (those games are really complex - incredible amount of calculations is required).
    As big fan of the series I still strongly recommend this game as it expands further previous games in story, locations and character bios as well it provides countless hours of fun! Hey did I mention that you'll get flying horse short after you start the game?
  4. Nov 2, 2012

King’s Bounty: Warriors of the North is a great addition, much more rich in content than Crossworld and with a much better value-for-money ratio. [December 2012]
    Appealing, long-lasting and funny RPG strategy is exactly the same as its three previous parts. Next time we'd like some innovation. [Christmas 2012]
  3. Dec 14, 2012
    On top of the great strategy gameplay, Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North offers a great value with its $30 price tag. The worst thing that you can say about it is that it doesn't deviate much from King's Bounty: Armored Princess, besides a few details and a few conveniences – or is that the best thing that you can say about it? After all, Armored Princess was an excellent game.