Left 4 Dead 2 PC

8.5

1. May 15, 2016
    Very good game about Zombie . Left 4 Dead 2 has got very good multiplayer , awesome graphics for 2009 and in this game very many blood and zombies . This game is too severe . In this game can treat friends in multiplayer . This game is very interesting and funny despite the fact that the cruel . 8/10 . Very good zombie game . Very Much better than Dead Island and a little bit worse thanVery good game about Zombie . Left 4 Dead 2 has got very good multiplayer , awesome graphics for 2009 and in this game very many blood and zombies . This game is too severe . In this game can treat friends in multiplayer . This game is very interesting and funny despite the fact that the cruel . 8/10 . Very good zombie game . Very Much better than Dead Island and a little bit worse than Dying Light . Expand
  2. AWG
    Jun 17, 2013
    This game is almost perfect. Maps are really well-done and compelling, missions are fair and graphics are well defined. I don't like new characters very much (Nick is the only good one, and I'd pay to watch him fight alongside Zoey, Francis and Bill) but the fact that Left 4 Dead 2 includes all the campaigns and levels from the first game makes it just awesome. I really can't find a flaw.This game is almost perfect. Maps are really well-done and compelling, missions are fair and graphics are well defined. I don't like new characters very much (Nick is the only good one, and I'd pay to watch him fight alongside Zoey, Francis and Bill) but the fact that Left 4 Dead 2 includes all the campaigns and levels from the first game makes it just awesome. I really can't find a flaw. 9 out of 10. Expand
  3. Nov 25, 2014
    Game: Left 4 Dead 2
    Genre: First Person Shooter Horror
    Developer: Valve System: PC Total Score: 91/100 Value Score: 91/10 • Story: 8/10 • Characters: 9/10 • GamePlay: 10/10 • Graphics: 8/10 • Sound: 10/10 • Music: 6/10 • Length: 10/10 • Replay Value: 10/10 • Player Value: 10/10 Pros +Storyline and characters are a bit more appealing than the first game +Includes Left 4
    Game: Left 4 Dead 2

• Music: 6/10
    • Length: 10/10
    • Replay Value: 10/10
    • Player Value: 10/10

Pros
    +Storyline and characters are a bit more appealing than the first game
    +Includes Left 4 Dead 1 characters and maps
    +New Special Infected
    +New Weapons
    +Designs of items changed and can be reverted back to original for both L4D1 and L4D2 maps.
    +Multiple modes include Survival, Versus, etc which add more value to the length and replay value
    +Multiple map, character and enemy skin designs available including the official Capcom Resident Evil 6 Enemy skins
    +Both private and public maps available - private maps enable you the option to do cheats and edit the overall game
    +A lot of available mods from a huge community

Cons
    -Does not include the cutscenes from L4D1
    -Does not include some of the glitches/aesthetics often used in the first game (only available in the GOTY edition of L4D1)
  4. Jun 22, 2016
    2/13/2012: If you don't have this game already, then allow me to smack you upside the head for not buying one of the greatest cooperative games ever made. As I can personally attest, there is no faster way to make friends then to survive a zombie apocalypse together. It's probably a good way to meet chicks, besides. As per their style, Valve delivers a teasing emergent narrative that2/13/2012: If you don't have this game already, then allow me to smack you upside the head for not buying one of the greatest cooperative games ever made. As I can personally attest, there is no faster way to make friends then to survive a zombie apocalypse together. It's probably a good way to meet chicks, besides. As per their style, Valve delivers a teasing emergent narrative that encourages the players to tell their own story, while putting the tools in their hands to seriously ♥♥♥♥ up whatever is standing between them and their goal. When I first played L4D2, coming off of the first game, I was immediately kicked in the ♥♥♥ for thinking it was going to be the same game. The new special infected, more aggressive common infected, gauntlet crescendo events and other elements meant that this game was a whole hell of a lot harder. And in the end, it ending up being better, too. Now we've got new (and old) campaigns, new gametypes, and new stories to tell every time you play. Expand
  5. Jul 31, 2012
    L4D2 makes the first L4D feel like a demo. The PC version boasts 5 new campaigns and all the L4D1 maps plus a brand new map called Cold Stream included for no extra price. The game looks beautiful and it includes a ton more stuff than the first. A must buy for zombie killing fanboys
  6. Mar 3, 2012
    For fans of the traditional LAN party, rejoice, for now there is a game built from the ground up for co-op! Just make sure your friends sign a contract to say they'll continue to play this game for the next couple of years or so to get your money's worth! :)
  7. ERB
    Dec 3, 2013
    Left 4 Dead 2 is no doubt a great sequel upon the original Left 4 Dead 1.Left 4 Dead still looks the same as Left 4 Dead 1 but the biggest difference between these 2 is that The game play in Left 4 Dead 2 is better than that of Left 4 Dead 1 and there are new campaigns and maps in here.Especially The Dark Carnival campaign.The Carnival campaign is fun to play and this is my favoriteLeft 4 Dead 2 is no doubt a great sequel upon the original Left 4 Dead 1.Left 4 Dead still looks the same as Left 4 Dead 1 but the biggest difference between these 2 is that The game play in Left 4 Dead 2 is better than that of Left 4 Dead 1 and there are new campaigns and maps in here.Especially The Dark Carnival campaign.The Carnival campaign is fun to play and this is my favorite map.There are even more zombies here added in this game.Like the Jockey.The Jockey is like Left 4 Dead 1's hunter but the difference between the Hunter and The Jockey is that the hunter can jump very high like an assassin who will get you from above and once he catches you he will trap you and keep attacking you until you die unless someone saves you and kills the hunter.The Jockey is a zombie that cannot jump high but he or she is one of the scariest disturbing zombies I have ever seen in games.The Jockey is a zombie that laughs scary and once he or she catches you he will do a horse ride on you and while he is on top of you riding you,you will be like be under his control and he can force you to go where It likes to go and while he is riding you he will be attacking you in the head until you die or get saved by a team mate.

The Spitter is also a new zombie which spits green goo at you and even if your just standing in the goo you will get intense damage and you will die if you stay under the goo for too long.The Charger is also a new zombie which looks a little like the strongest zombie in this game The Tank.Now the charger charges at you and if you got caught by him he will choke you and slam you to the ground until you die.

Those are some of the new zombies in this game.Now lets talk about the characters in this game.In Left 4 Dead 1 there is Bill,Francis,Zoey, And Louis.In Left 4 Dead 2 you will have some new characters here.The new characters are Coach,Nick,Rochelle,and Ellis.Those are the new characters in this game.

Lets talk more about the game.The game play is not the only thing good about this game but the story in this game is good as well.I can't tell the story because maybe you will now about it and you will lose interest in this game.The game is fun and enjoyable especially the multiplayer.You can either be a zombie or a survivor in this multiplayer game.Which is fun!Left 4 Dead 2 is a great sequel and it gets a 10/10 from me.A great score for this game.This game is fun and I recommend you gamers to buy this awesome game and try playing It.I promise you this game is fun and you will enjoy this game.
  8. Apr 21, 2014
    one of the best cooperative games ever, and it has zombies. Awesome. it uses the same engine as other valve games of course, which has a specific charm that I love even though it is not graphically beautiful. its not a realistic zombie game either, but its not intended to be, its intention is to be a fun destroy all sons of **** kind of game, which succeeds in wonderfully. Valve is knownone of the best cooperative games ever, and it has zombies. Awesome. it uses the same engine as other valve games of course, which has a specific charm that I love even though it is not graphically beautiful. its not a realistic zombie game either, but its not intended to be, its intention is to be a fun destroy all sons of **** kind of game, which succeeds in wonderfully. Valve is known to give great story telling as well, which it doesn't do in this game, but still awesome even though not necessarily a masterpiece Expand
  9. Jan 29, 2012
    The amount of free updates you recieve on the PC is astounding. Valve quality stamp, coupled with the amount of user content available makes this game a total blast. One of the best co-op games around, if not the most replayable ;) . Go buy for 20$ on steam or in stores!
  10. Nov 6, 2014
    The blood, the gore, the mods, the Fun, Oh my god this game is awesome. I didn't play Left 4 Dead one but when I saw steam had the sequel for £3.74 I jumped out of my seat. I do also own it on the Xbox 360 but none of my friends on that have this game.
  11. Rem
    Dec 3, 2015
    Following up on 2008's multiplayer funfest just a year later, Valve hopes to bring the masses with a compelling and addicting zombie survival shooter in Left 4 Dead 2, and they succeeded oh so well. What may seem like a ding off the point scale is how similar everything in Left 4 Dead 2 feels compared to the first. Almost all the game mechanics have been almost unchanged and the whole gameFollowing up on 2008's multiplayer funfest just a year later, Valve hopes to bring the masses with a compelling and addicting zombie survival shooter in Left 4 Dead 2, and they succeeded oh so well. What may seem like a ding off the point scale is how similar everything in Left 4 Dead 2 feels compared to the first. Almost all the game mechanics have been almost unchanged and the whole game at a glance seems to be a simple reskin. But the real meat and flavor derives from how Valve makes the small changes and gives you so much more to play with. A quadrupled arsenal that includes melee weapons, weapon buffs, special ammo, new special infected, better map designs, a southern twang setting, better setpieces, improved graphics after just a year, a plethora of modes, and improved balancing rocket Left 4 Dead 2 into a multiplayer masterpiece. It's how you refine a game while gaining a new identity after a single year in production. Like the first, the second game's most tantalizing feature is a completely dynamic AI that changes the game experience everytime you play, and relying on your coop partners is the absolutely only way to succeed. If one were to go lone wolf, sign your grave cause the undead are unforgiving. If the first Left 4 Dead never grabbed you with its simple Point A to Point B zombie survival romp with a completely dynamic gameplay and AI, then Left 4 Dead 2 will do little to change your mind. But the sequel has gallons of fun with friends to offer and zombie guts needed to fill it. Expand
  12. Jan 12, 2016
    Quite possibly one of my favourite games of all time. Everything about this game is just excellent. If for some reason you haven't played this game yet, It's well worth the ~£10-£15 price tag.
  13. Sep 5, 2011
    Years on and this is still one of the BEST co-op shooters available... ok the graphics are workmanlike, but Source is gettting way too long in the tooth to ever look top end...accept that sacrifice for everything else being super fast with tonnes of sharpened gameplay and high replay values thanks to it's huge modder community (on PC) supplying hundreds of free campaigns, how can you go wrong?
  14. Mar 25, 2013
    Left 4 Dead 2 puts you in the shoes of one of four survivors Rochelle, Coach, Ellis, and Nick and makes you kill hordes and hordes and HORDES (maybe even hordes) of the undead! Why is it so fun, you ask? Because everything works. The visuals are as you'd expect them to be from a Valve game, the co-op is immersive, the levels and maps are different of multiple play throughs and theLeft 4 Dead 2 puts you in the shoes of one of four survivors Rochelle, Coach, Ellis, and Nick and makes you kill hordes and hordes and HORDES (maybe even hordes) of the undead! Why is it so fun, you ask? Because everything works. The visuals are as you'd expect them to be from a Valve game, the co-op is immersive, the levels and maps are different of multiple play throughs and the shooting feels so natural you'll actually feel like every bullet counts. Expand
  15. Jun 24, 2015
    A Fantastic game to play with your friends and with strangers! A bit glitchy here and there but overall Valve Corporation have really shown their capability with L4D2
  16. Nov 2, 2015
    Left 4 Dead 2 is definitely a great follow-up for its predecessor; with new infected, new maps, new characters, and others. But just like the first title of its series, the graphics and the atmosphere of the game should've been more darker and creepier, like any post-apocalyptic environments that we can imagine. Besides from that, I find no new notable game play elements either
  17. Nov 28, 2012
    Left 4 Dead 2 warms you up with a single player campaign and then has long multi-player replay value. The match-finding service could be improved for casual players. Anybody that doesn't play L4D2 enough to use the infected properly will often be kicked if they end up on a team of expert players.
  18. Dec 4, 2010
    With new campaign, new levels, and new weapons, Left 4 Dead 2 is as good as its previous version. Although I did not like the new backgrounds and graphics. They were just horrible. But the game still gives me the creeps.
  19. Jun 26, 2012
    I'm not a pessimist, but when after buying Left 4 Dead 2 on Steam, I was a little unsure of how it would be. The first aspect that worried me was the change in overall theme from a grounded city setting to a more diverse, but campy deep south America. Once I bought it however, I can safely say that L4D2 is still as fun as ever. So what has changed you ask? Quite a lot has been changed: theI'm not a pessimist, but when after buying Left 4 Dead 2 on Steam, I was a little unsure of how it would be. The first aspect that worried me was the change in overall theme from a grounded city setting to a more diverse, but campy deep south America. Once I bought it however, I can safely say that L4D2 is still as fun as ever. So what has changed you ask? Quite a lot has been changed: the visuals and sound are improved; you can now use melee weapons; there are more guns; there's a better sense of progression and of course, more gore. This is probably the goriest game I have ever played; if it were a normal shooter about shooting soldiers instead of zombies then I might have felt a bit guilty. There is a problem I have with L4D2 though: teaming up with friends on-line and ploughing your way through hordes of slavering zombies may be entertaining, but it's also repetitive and quickly becomes quite tedious to play. The campy setting also seems to have taken away some of the emotional impact from the game. Overall, even though this is probably Valve's weakest game I've played, it still stands tall and proud over most of the junk which the game industry churns out and as a co-op experience, I thoroughly recommend it. Expand
  20. Sep 1, 2013
    The best co-op and zombie game ever the graphics are decent and the gameplay is great it is built for the PC as well the DLC is great bu the mods and free campaigns are so good and the Steam Workshop items really make it your own game
  21. Nov 18, 2013
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2)

(If the single player is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no multplayer) (If the multiplayer is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no single player) Gameplay (2/2) Visuals/Story (1/2) (If the visuals are better than the story, review this section as if it had no story) (If the story is
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2)

Gameplay (2/2)

Visuals/Story (1/2)

Accessibility/Longevity (2/2)

Pricing (2/2)

Wildcard (+1)

22. Jan 24, 2016
    Great. Just great. Great characters, zombies, graphics and multiplayer.

Complaint of course: The death animation is so SO bad. In L4D, the original, the death animation was great, now its bad. But if thats the biggest problem in this game, then it cant be that bad.
  23. Jul 5, 2013
    this is one of the most amazing zombie games ever.gameplay is fun,multiplayer is cool,graphics are very good for an 2009 game.the blood is sick.there is nothing wrong with this game.its the perfect sequel to a game that i think is average(left 4 dead 1).buy this and you wont regret it.
  24. May 9, 2012
    Left 4 Dead 2 is bloody, fun and really successful. Not only multipalyer is fun, even the single player is fun. It doesn't want hard specs and It's amazing. The only bad thing there is that It doesn't have checkpoint in single player. Overall, it is amazing! (9.1)
  25. sft
    May 22, 2013
    Resurrect Bill Vol 1

Resurrect Bill Vol 1

I just love the original Left 4 Dead. It’s a simple yet effective (and in my case addictive) game. So I started Left 4 Dead 2 with very high hopes. And I haven’t been disappointed. Valve have improved almost everything. We have 4 new survivors and the location has been moved to the deep south. The campaigns are considerably longer due to larger maps. More challenging tasks have been introduced and the zombies come thicker and faster than ever. There are several new “specials” to deal with, along with some new weapons, including melee weapons ranging from cricket bats to machetes. L4D2 looks even better than the original and there are some great in-game events: the use of weather as a hindrance to your progress in the Heavy Rain campaign is particularly inspired. It’s also a good deal more difficult than the original. So, pretty much everything about L4D2 is superior to L4D1. Except for the survivors. For me they lack the character of the original team, and although Valve have lived up to their deserved reputation for the quality of the dialogue I just don’t find them as engaging as the original 4. The chat between the survivors in L4D1 is full of great one-liners which helped build the bond with the player, even though you know they’re just bots. Obviously this hardly matters when playing with other people but I wish, nonetheless, that the original characters had been carried over from L4D1. Still, L4D2 is a great game. Play it. Now!
  26. Sep 9, 2010
    This is is trully amazing than L4D.
    There are lotta improvements ,gameplay, and a bit storylines too....
    The graphics are nice too....but i think the Valve company is too rushed about this game bcoz this game release after 1 year making a L4D...... The multiplayers is great but lag can cause the people to go annoyed....like the incoming attack. Bugs and glitches are not much since
    This is is trully amazing than L4D.
    There are lotta improvements ,gameplay, and a bit storylines too....

Bugs and glitches are not much since the updates were released.
  27. Dec 21, 2011
    A fun game overall. Boring and dull when playing with bots, but great when playing with friends. Wouldn't mind if there were more campaigns or other content though, as the game is quite short. All the campaigns can be replayed alot however.
  28. Sep 14, 2011
    New zombies, new maps and more weapons! YES! But, for some odd reason I find the game play different. I actually find the original more appealing. The graphics look better as in better looking versus more advanced graphics. The characters aren't that appealing either. It seems a bit rush and too soon. Left 4 Dead 1 just got off the ground when this was released! Shame... But the games still good.
  29. Nov 30, 2013
    This is a strong sequel that adds some good new features without changing the fundamentals of the original. There are new items, weapons, characters, weapons, levels and the like as well as new music. The only real problem is that the core experience tends to get quite repetitive as all you're really doing is shooting, shooting and more shooting to get to the safe house or rescue point.This is a strong sequel that adds some good new features without changing the fundamentals of the original. There are new items, weapons, characters, weapons, levels and the like as well as new music. The only real problem is that the core experience tends to get quite repetitive as all you're really doing is shooting, shooting and more shooting to get to the safe house or rescue point. However, the experience is great for the most part and can definitely be a whole lot of fun, especially with friends in co-op. Expand
  30. Jan 15, 2013
    Eerily similar to L4D, this game does not deserve to be called a "sequel". A fraction of the updates in TF2 could have created this game from it's predecessor L4D. Regardless, it is rather enjoyable and scary. There is nothing like the feeling you get when a boomer pops out from a corner and screws up your vision. Multiplayer is a veteran's game, so you better know what you're doingEerily similar to L4D, this game does not deserve to be called a "sequel". A fraction of the updates in TF2 could have created this game from it's predecessor L4D. Regardless, it is rather enjoyable and scary. There is nothing like the feeling you get when a boomer pops out from a corner and screws up your vision. Multiplayer is a veteran's game, so you better know what you're doing before joining ( a lot of people are very rude to noobs, which is honestly the worst part of this game, so if you can get past that you're golden). I bought this on sale for $5, and would have gladly paid $20 for it. The biggest problem with the multiplayer is that gameplay ends up being one-sided. There are 2 teams, and players enjoy stacking a lot. You'll often find yourself with utter noobs or else with extreme experts, in which case the game becomes anti-competitive. You can simply quit when this happens and join a fairer game, so I would highly recommend this 9/10. Expand

L4D2 delivers multiple improvements over its predecessor, and I get to keep all my fingers and toes.
    It remains one of the most distinctive co-operative titles out there, and allows for some of the most nerve-searing team-based multiplayer gaming on the market.
  3. Whereas once we treated Left 4 Dead as a stopgap between Half-Lifes, this is no longer a weird little side project with modest expectations, and Valve is confident enough to play around with it, safe in the knowledge that you can trust your players. Left 4 Dead proved it. And whereas that game had a personality, this one is overflowing with it.