6.8

1. SethB
    Nov 16, 2009
    This campaign was not made for campaign mode. Why some people didn't know from Valve's pre-DLC-release announcements, I don't know. This wasn't made to be long. The whole purpose of "Crash course" was to, quote on quote, "Provide a complete and satisfying VS. mode experience in under 30 minutes." And it did accomplish just that. However, it doesn't feel quite the This campaign was not made for campaign mode. Why some people didn't know from Valve's pre-DLC-release announcements, I don't know. This wasn't made to be long. The whole purpose of "Crash course" was to, quote on quote, "Provide a complete and satisfying VS. mode experience in under 30 minutes." And it did accomplish just that. However, it doesn't feel quite the quality as the first five campaigns. That is the only reason i gave it a 7. People need to realize why it was short. to provide a fun and quick VS. mode playthrough. So your not sitting there for 4 hours in VS. mode playing through a five map campaign. Expand
  2. Mar 26, 2011
    -This is not a Review for THIS Campaign, it is a review for the entire L4D Franchise-

L4D is getting somewhere, maps are updating, weapons are being added and Bug-Fixed, and the Community is makin' several Good maps. L4D is a TRUE zombie game. You're stuck in a tiny closet, banging the door, calling out for help, as zombies are breaking in from the back, How Survival Horror should be!

L4D Borrows alot from Silent Hill once you think about it. The protagonist's are Every-Day-People. The settings are everyday places, and the monsters are all creepy and dis-comforting.

True zombie game, and one of the few good Co-Op titles in existance.
  3. Apr 23, 2011
    Crash Course is a rather mediocre update for one of my favorite games, Left 4 Dead, made by Valve. It still has the same great gameplay and atmosphere, but now the story has changed for the better. The game takes place immediately after the first campaign, No Mercy, where you got saved by a helicopter. As the name suggests the helicopter crashes and you need to find another way out of theCrash Course is a rather mediocre update for one of my favorite games, Left 4 Dead, made by Valve. It still has the same great gameplay and atmosphere, but now the story has changed for the better. The game takes place immediately after the first campaign, No Mercy, where you got saved by a helicopter. As the name suggests the helicopter crashes and you need to find another way out of the city.

Now I have two major complaints:

1. The maps are bigger and allow you to take different routes. While this allows for more strategic approaches it also becomes easier to get lost and it also doubles the amount of siderooms you need to check if you want to get all the weapon upgrades.

2. There are only two maps and it only took me and a chum thirty to forty minutes to get through this campaign, but looking back at complaint number 1 I should probably be thankful for that.

The game is still exactly the same good and it's fun, but if you are an xbox-owner then don't bother paying for this. I didn't have to because I have the PC version of the game, but if you don't then take off three points from my score.
  4. KurtC
    Oct 8, 2009
    Really Jared?" I love your stupid rant on the games A.I." Not... Of course the computer A.I. for teammates are ridiculous. But, seriously. Who plays with Computer Teammates? But if the game only had single player and it was offline, might as well rate it a 3.. But, it's an online multiplayer game with Co-Op and Versus, dude! I hate playing by myself it just gets so boring, and the Really Jared?" I love your stupid rant on the games A.I." Not... Of course the computer A.I. for teammates are ridiculous. But, seriously. Who plays with Computer Teammates? But if the game only had single player and it was offline, might as well rate it a 3.. But, it's an online multiplayer game with Co-Op and Versus, dude! I hate playing by myself it just gets so boring, and the map itself is short... I beat it in a jiffy with Expert mode by myself. But when playing online with friends, the whole experience changes, and it really does. I laugh more with my friends, and we all scream when the hordes come and takes one of us down. But if you like to be a loner, and play by yourself with stupid A.I. bots, then go ahead. Just don't rant on the DLC or the game for your own stupidity if you haven't tried mulitplayer with friends. Expand
  5. MilesW
    Oct 9, 2009
    Overall Crash Course is ok. It is kind of nice having a shorter to play when you are a little crunched for time. The level design is somewhat crowded and the weapon and item placement is extremely predictable (as aposed to the other campains). Overall this campain leaves me wanting more.
  6. Dalek
    Jan 3, 2010
    A decent campaign but only 2 maps? It's quite short but the thing I like about it is that it takes longer to travel instead of 5 mins rushing. It's ok, but I expected more maps!

Crash Course doesn't change the basic nature of Left 4 Dead, but like most good content packs delivers a jolt of energy into an existing gameplay formula. It's something any fan of the original is sure to appreciate, and caters to people who don't have the time to invest in a full Versus playthrough on one of the original campaigns.
  2. The expansion of Left 4 Dead is just that, an expansion. This is a new campaign, more than two episodes in the case of PC users, is free. A good initiative to spur even more arousing interest in Left 4 Dead 2.
  3. It's a decent update featuring more the same.