Legends of Pegasus PC

• Release Date: Aug 10, 2012
1.5

Overwhelming dislike- based on 113 Ratings

1. Aug 14, 2012
    Legends of Pegasus has the potential to be a good game. But from what I've had opportunity to play so far it seems like it's in need of another few months of development and polish. I'm no newb at these sorts of games, but it's missing some of the features we've become accustomed to from games like Civilisation. The graphics are also a far-cry from what I was expecting (they wouldn't beLegends of Pegasus has the potential to be a good game. But from what I've had opportunity to play so far it seems like it's in need of another few months of development and polish. I'm no newb at these sorts of games, but it's missing some of the features we've become accustomed to from games like Civilisation. The graphics are also a far-cry from what I was expecting (they wouldn't be out of place from one of the later X-Com games), especially the planetary construction view.

The biggest issue I've had with it so far is the fact that you need an active internet connection to even start a single player game. Which thanks to issues with my Killer 2100 network card meant it took me a couple of days to work out what was affecting it. I've had to resort to using my motherboard's on-board NIC to get the game running.

In closing: Don't rule out this game yet, give it several months an hopefully it'll be in better shape.
  2. Aug 14, 2012
    Seems to be a trend now days to release 4x games totally broken, I don't know the story behind the scenes as to why LOP was released this way, but for them to post "The flood of problems has really surprised us" is a joke, at release the 1st episode that is a tutorial I encountered 4!! yes 4 game stopping bugs, everything from missing waypoints and stations not building to missing requiredSeems to be a trend now days to release 4x games totally broken, I don't know the story behind the scenes as to why LOP was released this way, but for them to post "The flood of problems has really surprised us" is a joke, at release the 1st episode that is a tutorial I encountered 4!! yes 4 game stopping bugs, everything from missing waypoints and stations not building to missing required tech.... and if that was a surprise then they did no testing, at least some others I could name who released games unfinished have at least admitted it and not posted statements that insult our intelligence.

That said I think it
  3. Aug 24, 2012
    This game shows promise but unfortunately has been made by a developer which has no idea what its doing. While the game is playable to a degree it does crash every hour. For me no problems occurred expect from crashing and some minor issues like Small and Large Repair docks being called Repair Dock with no hint of their size.

Game show promise but it should be given over to a more

Game show promise but it should be given over to a more experienced company to finish. This is NovaCore Studios first game and hopefully their last.
  4. Aug 21, 2012
    -Crashs to desktop all the time
    -most of features promised on the box & on website (even on amazon) are missing, like terraforming or NPC-races in the universe
    -no A.I. ingame (it builds 1 building - that's everything it currently does) -many features promised in teaser or preview videos in the internet (all official ones) are teasing things, which are NOT in the game -multiplayer
    -Crashs to desktop all the time
    -no A.I. ingame (it builds 1 building - that's everything it currently does)
    -multiplayer consists of crashs, out of syncs, not loadings savegames & it is not possible to finish a MP-Game at the moment, it is going to crash within the first rounds
    -no tooltips which explain, what something actually does
    -no explanation of how the game mechanics work, why do i need culture? How much culture do i need and what/how many do i need to build of sth. to maintain a specific state?
    -many buildings are doing nothing at the moment
    -awkward UI, which is one of the badest i have ever seen
    -there may be 2000 techs in the tech tree, but 99% of them a superfluous like gain 1% damage or sth. similar
    -within combats not moving ships are attacking not moving ships, that's boring like hell
    -the game is bloody unfinished & was never ever tested or played before
    -save-game system of the early 80s, loading savegames is not always working
    -campaign may be 40h long, due to the plot stoppers & bugs - like the techtree you are wasting most of your time with boring stuff and clicking "end turn" or wait for the real time fight to end, because not moving ships fire on other non-moving ships for several minutes & nothing is happening ....

There were already several patches, which improved the game a little bit, but it is still FAR away from playable or fun.

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
    Sadly, technical problems make this game nearly unplayable- it’s like Legends of Pegasus launched half-finished. Somewhere, deep inside, there’s a great game, with an interesting space-opera story, presented like a graphic-novel … but in the end, the worst alien menace in Legends of Pegasus is not the race of X’or or Arthrox but the bugs. And not like the bugs in Starship Troopers… [January 2013]
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Oct 29, 2012
    Legends of Pegasus game is perfect example of how to turn ambitious projects into something you do want to forget as fast as possible. [Oct 2012]
  3. PC PowerPlay
    Oct 11, 2012
    An impenetrable mess with almost nothing to recommend it. Cast this one into the void. [Oct 2012, p.73]