6.6

1. Apr 11, 2013
    When I picked up this game at a "discount" recently (5 dollars off the original price when it was first released) I was hoping it was going to be a competitive release to Rome: Total War. I couldn't be more wrong. This ancient "strategy" game makes it frustrating for one to control numbers of soldiers of any significant size, and it fails miserably at presenting ancient warfare in any realistic manner. Roman legions are given commands moving about in mobs and not in any orderly fashion whatsoever, representing barbarians more than any type of a civilized empire. Now I have the problem of trying to sell this title knowing that I wont get even a quarter of the price I paid for it. Boy, did I screw up! The game is a let down, but the cover looks cool!
    Cheers.
  2. Apr 16, 2013
    A micro-management nightmare, is putting it lightly. This game needs an update, badly. I got lost first in the complex HUD with tiny print and difficult controls. Hotkeys are difficult to remember and out of place for this sort of game, while the tactics of the game are non-existent.

1. Legion isn't so much a bad game as it is a rather dull one that doesn't quite know what it wants to be.
  2. A paper-thin manual "beer and pretzels" strategy game set during the age of Rome. [Sept 2002, p.82]
  3. It has all the form of a great epic game but when put to the test, misses the chance to capture victory.