8.1

1. Oct 26, 2013
    A few missions in, I've played several Lego titles before but this is by far the best. Love the comedy, the diversity of characters and charming visuals. Making the game a sandbox was a fantastic move, as flying characters in previous Lego games kinda sucked when flying in two dimensions.

Love the addition of voice actors including some from the actual films and shows, the dialog is often hysterical and adds to the slapstick style of Lego games.

Minor flaws like lack of a skip cut scene button and archaic save system keep it from being a 10. I would also have loved a LAN option for the PC title as working with the one keyboard between two people can be a little taxing. Also, mouse controls please
  2. Oct 23, 2013
    I havent played a lego game before and I am in awe.
    It feels like i'm watching/playing a playstation 4 title
    The attention to detail, the insane amount of playable characters (all with their own unique abilities). The Hollywood level animation and visuals. And its actually challenging Theres a moment in this game where the linearity (awesome though it is) stops and your brain
    I havent played a lego game before and I am in awe.
    It feels like i'm watching/playing a playstation 4 title

And its actually challenging

Theres a moment in this game where the linearity (awesome though it is) stops and your brain learns of the scope of this game.

Its just plain fun in cinematic form

Will be checking out Lego Batman 2. I hear its just as much a labor of love
  3. Nov 17, 2013
    I'm fan of lego games and have play batman, lotr and harry potters lego games. This one is just everything that we love about lego games. I bought it on steam and had no installation issue.
    Great game
  4. Nov 25, 2013
    One of the best lego games of the year ..huge free roaming map with a variety of characters to chose from the story is interesting and funny in some way ....to good to be true Wish super man and batman were back in the game
  5. Jan 6, 2014
    Excellent game for both Adults and children. I you are a Marvel fan you can't pass this up. However, just like lego batman 2 the direction of the game starts to fall apart quickly after you complete the main missions. It took my kids about 2 hours to beat those. But, other than that, the writing and translation of comic book abilities to lego universe was top notch.
  6. May 3, 2014
    gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood Expand
  7. Mar 10, 2016
    Great fun in multiplayer. Amusing dialogue and voice acting, fun and challenging (sometimes too challenging) puzzles, and a great range of characters and details.

Split screen works really well 95% of the time, but sometimes it will get a bit confused. Some of the puzzles give you no information at all on how to solve them, and we actually had to look up how to get around a few

Some of the puzzles give you no information at all on how to solve them, and we actually had to look up how to get around a few whilst we were playing.

Graphics are sharp and consistent, and the levels are very nicely designed. The recreation of New York in lego is fantastic and a lot of fun to just drive around.

Mr Fantastic is gross.
  8. Feb 2, 2016
    Even though LEGO Marvel Super Heroes does not go far from what defines a LEGO game, you cannot deny the fact that this game is an insanely enjoyable ride.
  9. Jan 21, 2015
    LEGO Marvel Super Heroes is the first LEGO game I've ever played. And it's worth playing. The story is about the heroes, trying to stop Magneto, Doctor Doom and Loki's evil. The story was awesome with super cool cutscenes and fun levels. I've heard LEGO games are best played with a controller but playing with keyboard wasn't awful. The game is an open-world. After the missions you canLEGO Marvel Super Heroes is the first LEGO game I've ever played. And it's worth playing. The story is about the heroes, trying to stop Magneto, Doctor Doom and Loki's evil. The story was awesome with super cool cutscenes and fun levels. I've heard LEGO games are best played with a controller but playing with keyboard wasn't awful. The game is an open-world. After the missions you can explore New York City with the big number of playable heroes and villains, complete side quests for gold bricks, buy red bricks, unlock other characters and vehicles, save Stan Lee. The game is totally awesome, but some of the characters were disappointing. Expand

1. PC Gamer
    Jan 31, 2014
    The huge selection of great characters is scrumptiously entertaining from start to finish. Too bad it's a Lego game. [March 2014, p.74]
  2. Nov 28, 2013
    LEGO Marvel Super Heroes didn't step out of the Lego specimen, which, however, does not prevent it to offer a splendid gaming experience, especially in its cooperative multiplayer game. Moreover, this is one of the best games out there you may leave to your children without any concern.
  3. Nov 25, 2013
    LEGO Marvel Super Heroes is a good game that generates a lot of fun. Unfortunately in comparison with two previous LEGO games it doesn't look that great. This "brick Marvel" is one of the best recent superhero games, but at the same time is a mediocre "LEGO platformer" game. Comic book fans should be pleased with Traveller's Tales' effort, but LEGO fans should keep playing The Lord of the Rings.