7.6

1. Fix
    Nov 21, 2012
    Little Inferno is unlike any game you've played before. I wouldn't consider myself a casual gamer, but I was entertained from beginning to end. Just sit back, burn different toys together to figure out the combos, and watch as a story unfolds.
  2. Jun 9, 2013
    What an experience. This is not a mind-bender like Braid, or a building physics puzzler like World of Goo. Little Inferno is a charming little tale told in a unique way, backed up with some satisfying burny gameplay. There are tons of items to unlock, and subsequently burn to a crisp. Through the three hours it took me to complete the game, I didn't get bored. It was hardly taxing on the brain, but wasn't the point. The amazing score tops off this spellbinding game. Just play it. Expand
  3. Nov 22, 2012
    I admit, I expected a very smart puzzle game and what i got was a very casual sandbox and i still liked it.
    It's a lot of fun playing around with the mechanics. But I would have given it a 7 at most. But then the ending came (after about 3-4 hours). And never has a game managed to make me question myself and the whole gaming world as much as in the final few minutes of this game. It's
    true, it's not really a game, it's a statement. An epic interactive story which makes you think and question the way games are played nowadays and how big corporations try everything to pull as much money as possible out of your pocket.
    You can also see it as a story of hope, a kick in the a** if you will.
    Some people don't want that from a game, i understand that. These people won't like it at all.
    This is a wonderful breath of fresh air and will not be forgotten very soon.
  4. Jun 2, 2013
    2D are back, this time with something VERY new! This is an alternative take on all those "Fireplace" apps you see on the app store, While most of those "Fireplace" apps are pointless crap, Little Inferno is far from it, it's a sandbox style burn-a-ton-of-crap game, there are over 100 items to burn and it's different every time thanks to the dynamic fire engine made specifically for this game, it spreads realistically and it's satisfying to watch, you can combine any of the 100 items to make a different outcome, you can even burn pictures of real people that the game can snap right off your facebook, the game has a subtle story and lightly plays behind you but isn't important at all, then there is the combo system that are the grunt of the game, experiment with different combinations to gain rewards:More items(Including 1-off items from the story)

This is not the sequel to World Of Goo, While the game is referenced multiple times, it's purely a fan factor inserted by 2D, This is again going to start a new genre of casual gaming that isn't dull puzzle games(Which lets be fair, World Of Goo started), for a £6 title, this game is worth every penny and right now, you can get it for £4 on humble bundle with 6 other great indie titles! The critic's do the game no justice, 2D attempted to make a dynamic sandbox fireplace game and they did it well too, This game is no more and no less than that and I found it incredibly entertaining and not once did a flaw jump out at me, thats why Little Inferno gets a perfect score!
  5. Mar 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Played this and found the game rather awesome (maybe because I just like to burn as many things as possible). The story is vague but that's what makes it unique and the little point and click adventure at the end throws some variation into the game, using some very cool narrative storytelling to finally explain what you have been doing all this time. A very unique, fun and thoughtful game. Expand
  6. Mar 15, 2013
    Generally, I just let people's opinions stand for themselves, but this game forced me to sign up on Metacritic to tell you this: this game stands perfect for everything it set out to do. This game, whether for 10 dollars or 4 dollars, at the price I bought it, is worth every single ounce of work you put behind that currency to buy it. It's relatively 4-5 hours long, depending on how long you wish to play with the effects and your ingenuity, but Little Inferno possesses the tones and themes of a classical literature piece. While at face value it either appears to be "yet another moody indie game" or just a sandbox waste of time, it slowly sheds this shallow skin, and when accompanied by such a moving and triumphant musical score, brings emotions to the surface. This game is not for everyone, but I will say that if you are either at an impasse in your life, waiting at the brink of something grand, or you are sitting stagnant for far too long, then it will resonate with you. The climax of the game is almost a religious experience, as if the tale of Oedipus embracing his blindness to shut himself off to the world, but played in reverse. Somehow, 2D Boy was able to keep me leaning forward, staring at a fireplace that had not changed for almost 4 hours. Truly, those who did not play till the very end are just like our friend Oedipus, earnest heart, but blind to the world. In short, this game surprised. I would recommend it. Also the gameplay is fun. Expand
  7. May 29, 2013
    Cool! Very addictive game Burn, burn, burn... I can't stop. I can't explain it. And it is foolish to bad grades, just because it does not puzzle. No one promised puzzle!
  8. Jan 13, 2014
    Genius work; piece of art. Little Inferno not only give the strange, creative and amazing gameplay but also lead you into one of the greatest gaming atmospheres I've ever played.
  9. Nov 23, 2012
    It's not really a game per-say, but whatever it is, it's totally fun and awesome. Admittedly you're out of luck if you want in-depth puzzle solving, but frankly it's not like there's a lack of that in this marketplace, what it does offer that's rare and unique is spirit and humor, and a genre defying twist of gameplay I want more people trying.
  10. Nov 21, 2012
    Little Inferno is a neat little game. It doesn't promise much and it delivers what it does: a fireplace simulator. Overall I enjoyed playing through it and I especially enjoyed the background story that was unfolded as I played. The only gripe I can think of is that it was a little too short. I played through quite conservatively, on and off, but if I'd have played in one sitting I would've finished it in about an hour. The price tag would need to be lowered significantly for this to be excused. Expand
  11. Mar 15, 2013
    A surprisingly good game! I purchased Little Inferno on sale from the developer's website (Tomorrow Corporation) for the sole purpose of getting the DRM-free version (the fact that it also came with a Steam version is entirely coincidental).
    If you are familiar with World of Goo, you will immediately notice that while Little Inferno is not related to World of Goo it is closely related in
    humor and style of gameplay because the designer is the same.
    I won't drop any spoilers, but I will say that if you like puzzles and nonsensical pyrotechnics then you may, in fact, enjoy this game as much as I did.
  12. Feb 21, 2013
    Part experience, part game Little Inferno takes a short while to start unfolding but the distinctive graphics, some nice emotional moments and some great music combined with some subtle (and not so subtle) satirical digs make this one of my favourite games of the past few years. And the ending is fantastic.
  13. Oct 12, 2013
    This game was great fun, and quite relaxing. Good soundtrack and cute back story. It kept me interested throughout and some of the explosive combinations are very funny.
  14. gic
    Jan 3, 2014
    With it's unique art style and puzzle combos this indie masterpiece is definitely more than meets the eye.
    To understand the title you'll have to completely dive into it's story, intriguing music as well as catchy details.
    It's only problem is lack of flow to keep some players interested throughout the whole experience -overall monotous idea of burning stuff might be one of it's magical
    components but it should have at least been accompanied with narration. Expand
  15. Dec 31, 2013
    Very nice game. Nice story and a funny games if you don't have much time and want to play a game. If you rage, its a very nice game to calm down! I can only rate to buy and try it out!
  16. Mar 18, 2014
    I am massively surprised about this games low score, from my experience, it's fantastic!

Pros:
    Charm
    Surprisingly emotional
    Unbeatable soundtrack
    FIRE!!!!

Cons:
    Item delivery times get tedious

Little inferno is unique, but can be slow at times...you can also burn a toaster, what more could you want?
  17. May 7, 2013
    Good game, maybe not worth the full price, because the gameplay is a bit monotonous. Apart from that, I really love the jokes in the game, and the burning of stuff is generally really fun stuff to do.
  18. Nov 19, 2012
    I would not call this a game in the traditional sense; instead it
  19. Nov 25, 2012
    Little Inferno is not a game. It is an experience to be had, with a message to be told. The environment and atmosphere settle you in and make you feel relaxed, and comfortable. Then, as the story unfolds, it gets more and more mysterious, and it becomes more and more suspenseful as you progress farther and farther. With hilarious touches of dark and light humor alike, beautiful graphics, and addictive gameplay, Little Inferno is a game I would recommend to anybody. But MAYBE not for $14.99. Collapse
  20. Jan 19, 2013
    Fantastical adventure of the metaphor value of game mechanics. It's truly amazing much substance can spin off a simple burning simulator. Pay for the abnegation, play for the commentary of the story on the game industry.
  21. Jan 28, 2013
    It's a cool indie game. A little overpriced right now so wait for one of those huge discount indie sale bundle things to get it. All in all I had a good time with it and spent a day playing it while it was snowing outside (clutch). It kept me warm while I got some laughs and had some fun. I don't see people playing this more than a day but it's relatively cheap so it is what it is as they say.
  22. Apr 20, 2013
    I've just finished it and I'm quite surprised about how much fun and surprises this game supposed to me.
    It's quite simple and slow paced, but is quite enjoyable playing relaxed and attending to the hidden story.
    Maybe I'm happier with it because I took it on a Steam offer, getting it for 2 bucks or similar...
    In my opinion, good game!
  23. Mar 15, 2013
    Yes, it's a short game with somewhat monotonous gameplay, yadda yadda. The story and ending MORE than make up for it though. I liken it to Portal 2 in that I personally found the puzzles tedious to traverse, but it was well worth getting through them to see the epic bits of the story in between. Much like Portal 2, it's one of those games where the experience will stick with you for a very long time. The gameplay is based around burning items, which drop "Tomorrow Bucks" so that you can buy more things to burn. There are combos to achieve and many items have unique effects when burnt, so that side of the game is surprisingly fun. What I don't like is that you have to WAIT for the items to be delivered. It's not too bad in the beginning when they only take about five seconds to arrive, but for the last items near the end of the game you have to wait around five minutes, which is absurd. There are express delivery tokens which each take about thirty seconds off the delivery time of a single item, that you can get from completing combos and sometimes from burning items. But there are never really enough of them so you will end up running out a lot and having to wait the full delivery time.

The music, is excellent. I actually have some of the OST in my music playlist. The story I won't spoil but trust me, it is very very good. As for the cost, on Steam it has almost halved since the release, now costing £6.99.

I can see why people thought that £12 was a waste of money for this, as it only really takes about three to four hours to complete. But despite all of this game's little flaws, even for that much money I have got WAY more enjoyment out of it than your average generic and brown shooter that costs three times as much, And especially seeing as the price has dropped, I would highly recommend this game.
  24. Apr 14, 2013
    I bought this game on a whim and I'm incredibly happy with myself that I did. I certainly don't regret it. I found myself completely immersed and entranced by the games universe that is filled with quirk and morbid charm. The gameplay is addicting and rewarding thanks to the combo system and realistic fire physics which makes burning objects extremely gratifying. This game took me only 5 hours to finish which is short but the ending alone really makes this game special for me. In fact, the ending to this game is probably one my favourite endings to any game I've played. Expand
  25. May 29, 2013
    Little Inferno is a unique gaming experience; that much is certainly true. Much like games like Doodle God or Little Alchemy, Little Inferno is about combining things; combining them, and then obliterating them with all-consuming fire. The game is darkly satirical, and it personally struck all the right chords with me. While the game is ridiculously simple in its one main form of interaction, it is strangely absorbing. A sick sense of morbid delight is elicited from you as you burn up sometimes cute, sometimes creepy toys and objects. The game has some strong themes reminiscent of Aldous Huxley's classic dystopian novel, Brave New World. While it provides cynical laughter over Huxley's pessimistic grimace, Little Inferno is genuinely moving from time to time, and upsetting and unnerving at others. Little Inferno's main problem is that it's rather short. My first playthrough (that is, from beginning of story to end, not a 100% completion mark) lasted a little over three hours. During all that time, though, I was either having fun or ruminating on the concepts the developers presented in a subtle, clever way. I do hate that, later in the game, when items get costlier, they also toke longer to generate; I would sometimes stare at my fireplace for a few minutes while they were shipped to me. It was an irksome stumbling block for my destructive habits. Finally, the final phase of the game was kind of slipshod. It felt tacked-on, rushed, and not altogether there. The final phase wasn't bad per se, or any less interesting than all the rest, it just introduced game play elements that didn't need to be there. Still, this game is worth experiencing, if only for the five hours spent revisiting the kid in you who used to burn anthills with a magnifying glass. Expand
  26. Aug 22, 2013
    Come on, everyone loves burning things! But seriously, this gameplay is very simple but strangely addicting and enjoyable. I expected good gameplay from this, and I got good gameplay. What I didn't expect was the story. I had no idea that a game like this could have a story. It was actually really deep and I really enjoyed it. It got me thinking, it really did. You need try this out, don't listen to critics, this game is amazing. Expand
  27. Sep 11, 2013
    I need just one word to describe this masterpiece: Art.

Little Inferno is more than a game. It is a way of communication between the developers and the player. It's far more than just burning random objects. You will be trapped by the beauty of the fire, by the depth of the story and by the epicness of the soundtrack.

Just play it, and you will experience one of the most engaging
    indie game ever made. My congratulations to Tomorrow Corporation "the Future is.... Tomorrow". Expand
  28. Dec 7, 2013
    This game is a fun little toy...You burn stuff. Thats all there is. The items do special stuff (Like credit card burst into money.) And there are some puzzle aspects in the game like combining items. But the part that I LOVE is the story and art design. the first 2 hours is you burning stuff but the last 15mins is a amazing story. I would wait tip this game is on sale it is not worth the price.
  29. May 15, 2014
    Who knew it could be so fun to burn stuff up? This game is good for 3 or 4 hours before you will get bored waiting for the packages to be delivered. Yay!
  30. Dec 25, 2013
    This successor of 2D Boy's first game World of Goo in my opinion is excellent. It certainly isn't for everyone, but it is an indie game, indie games are not for everyone. The art style and story telling are still in the same style that you are used from World of Goo. However the game play is certainly different.
    It is a game about burning items and while doing so it both mocks itself as
    well as the micro transaction trend in the gaming industry. Besides that it has an interesting story that is even more important than it was in World of Goo as well as more interesting. That is also necessary since without the story the game play alone wouldn't be enough to make this a good game, with the two combined it makes it an excellent game. Since it is often sold in the humble bundles you can get it for just a few dollars, for that price it is just perfect. A couple hours of fun and a nice story, going to the movies is more expensive and lasts shorter.

However if you don't care about a story a game is telling and only care about game play, this game probably isn't for you.
  31. Nov 25, 2012

1. Feb 6, 2013
    A short experiment based around a fairly oblique puzzle system, Litter Inferno succeeds as a compelling curio. [Feb 2013, p.75]
    Little Inferno has a story to tell. It has neither beginning, nor end. It sports but a few characters, and does not care for correct narrative structure. It will leave you with plenty of questions, all of them unanswered. But it will accomplish what few games can. It will mesmerize you. It will awaken your imagination and force you to think of your own ending. It will move you and make you beg for more! [February 2013]
  3. Feb 1, 2013
    Little Inferno's argument against games I would never elect to play left me rather cold. [March 2013, p.79]