LUXOR Evolved PC

8.4

1. Jul 31, 2012
    I had a blast playing Luxor Evolved. The retro looking graphics is great, boss fights are challenging. Luxor Evolved offers hours worth of gameplay and lots of replay value.
  2. Jan 17, 2013
    I'll admit I have some problems with this Luxor. I've played the others and I enjoy them thoroughly, but this one should have been a little easier. Right off the bat (on the first level) you're guarding your tower from the snake of balls and it feels like every level you get by by the skin of your teeth. It can be intriguing to some people I suppose, but it was just a little too stressfulI'll admit I have some problems with this Luxor. I've played the others and I enjoy them thoroughly, but this one should have been a little easier. Right off the bat (on the first level) you're guarding your tower from the snake of balls and it feels like every level you get by by the skin of your teeth. It can be intriguing to some people I suppose, but it was just a little too stressful to me, especially since Luxor has been more casual than action in the past. However, the art is beautiful (even though it lags the game up at points), and the gameplay and sound effects are rather satisfactory. I'd probably give this game a 9 if it weren't for the unnecessary difficulty, but overall it's still a fun little game. The achievements are fun to hunt as well. I got this on sale, and I'd only recommend getting it on sale, if you pay $9.99 for this I can't promise you'll get your money's worth when comparing this to other $9.99 titles of the same genre. Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

1. PC Gamer UK
    May 11, 2012
    For its price and playability it's well worth a look. [June 2012, p.97]
  2. May 6, 2012
    Traditionalist puzzle gamers should probably take a pass on Luxor Evolved, but those who enjoy the arcade classics - or their modern remixes - will probably enjoy it. However, keep in mind that it may be the kind of game that's good for a few hours of play, but not something that you'll come back to time and again when you're looking for a puzzle challenge.