Mabinogi PC

• Publisher: Nexon
  • Release Date: Mar 1, 2008
7.3

1. Dec 10, 2014
    I'm damn near tempted to uninstall it...I get that maintenance has to be done once in a while but this thing is CONSTANTLY having connection problems and other tech issues...It frequently crashes, it frequently generates error messages...and too many connectivity issues. Out of AT LEAST 50 attempts to play, I've only managed to get it to work a total of 5 times...and that was 50 tries perI'm damn near tempted to uninstall it...I get that maintenance has to be done once in a while but this thing is CONSTANTLY having connection problems and other tech issues...It frequently crashes, it frequently generates error messages...and too many connectivity issues. Out of AT LEAST 50 attempts to play, I've only managed to get it to work a total of 5 times...and that was 50 tries per session.

I was going to come on here and say if you haven't played it yet, I recommend it...but now I'm not so sure. The only thing I can tell you is that it is a pretty decent MMORPG...but that is if, and I do mean a BIG IF...you can ever get it to work.

So, my recommendation is...if you download this game, and you can hardly get it to work...don't waste your time...uninstall it and delete it...because that's what I'm going to do if I can't get it to work in the next few days.

And don't bother trying to contact support either...they're constantly down too.

It's a good thing I don't have a PREMIUM account or otherwise sank money into this, because I'd be a HELLUVA lot hotter about it than I already am.

So, if you have this game and don't have the issues I do, good for you...enjoy.

If you experience what I did, however...well...let's just say you have been warned.
  2. Jun 16, 2013
    A slowly dieing, sandbox free-to-play MMO. It had potential at its release but evolved into a moneysqueezing online Birdcage. Unless you spend 15 dollars a month, you wont have even half the benefits. It is crowded with the same people that have been playing this game since the start. Everyone, who still had a clear mind, stopped playing it a long time ago.
    Nexon keeps recycling the same
    Nexon keeps recycling the same events and squeezing out the last dime of the players. Do not touch it as a new player.
  3. JS
    Oct 20, 2009
    Definitely NOT worth a ten. Even though it is "free to play", expect to move at a snails pace if you do not pump money into the game. The majority of players I know spend more than $15 dollars a month on this game, and that's as much you pay for WoW. Positives: "Social Game" (as social as a bunch of anime kids can get ie if you are obsessed with Link/Naruto/Bleach/Roleplaying, Definitely NOT worth a ten. Even though it is "free to play", expect to move at a snails pace if you do not pump money into the game. The majority of players I know spend more than $15 dollars a month on this game, and that's as much you pay for WoW. Positives: "Social Game" (as social as a bunch of anime kids can get ie if you are obsessed with Link/Naruto/Bleach/Roleplaying, you're golden) Many Skills: But its either master a few slowly or master a lot very, very, very slowly. And some are worthless/flat out unprofitable for the first 10 levels (and some even after that). Events: This game does have events constantly, and event items bring a pretty penny or make you popular for a while, if you would rather have popularity than money. Negatives: AP: Free players will never get enough. Heck, playing players will never get enough. Skill Leveling: Ex. Rank C (low rank) Potion Making: Make potion with gold herb-doing this 200 times will only get you 60% towards next level. Then you have to make 700 more potions to level up. And thats making each ONE at a time, and with around a 40% fail rate. :( Company:Very immature player base, will roleplay out loud, will spam inappropriate things through chat (mainly stupid crap) and will be all around unpleasant. Very much a pre-teen player base. "Free to Play": If you plan to play this and pay nothing, expect many, many, MANY hours of grinding, weeks of waiting, and having any friends who pay to inadvertently leave you in the dust. Also, herbalism will require you to at least get to know somebody w/ money that has bought a herb pig. And this is all coming from a free player who has been playing since the NA release, and has reach at least rank A in every skill, save a few magic ones. Multiple characters, mind you. Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

1. PC Gamer
    Mabinogi offers a lot of engaging play for a free game, but you'll quickly wish that its "free" price tag included WASD controls. [Aug 2008, p.74]
  2. Mabinogi is a great MMO for gamers who aren't looking to grind levels or raid 20 man dungeons for epic loots, but rather enjoy a colorful, online world that gives the player a sense of freedom when it comes to developing their character.