5.2

1. Mar 12, 2012
    Decent all-around game, multi-player is a plus, but the ending leaves a lot to be desired.

If you liked ME1 and 2, you'll love ME3 until you reach the ending. Then, you'll be curious if you just screwed up and there's a better ending that you didn't know about. Then you find out there isn't, that Bioware just took a dump on your chest and your all out of soap.
  2. Mar 12, 2012
    The gameplay: Pretty decent. Makes some much needed improvements to weapon and armor customization. The need for a workbench was a little stifling, and you couldn't customize your armor pieces-- only which pieces you wear. Dialogue was decent, but there was almost NEVER a middle "neutral option". Too much auto-dialogue as well. Paragon/Renegade choices didn't really come into playThe gameplay: Pretty decent. Makes some much needed improvements to weapon and armor customization. The need for a workbench was a little stifling, and you couldn't customize your armor pieces-- only which pieces you wear. Dialogue was decent, but there was almost NEVER a middle "neutral option". Too much auto-dialogue as well. Paragon/Renegade choices didn't really come into play until well past the middle of the game.

The graphics: Good looking game. Animations, however, seemed robotic at times and lip synch was often painfully maligned. I'd say this was a step backward from ME2.

The story: This is where things get really dicey. Older characters from ME2 only make quasi-cameo appearances, which irked a lot of people. The choices you made in the past two games mattered to some extent-- some more than others. For instance, I know that your choice on whether or not to save the Rachni queen or not was supposed to have a decently large impact on the game. As it turned out, it really doesn't. The Rachni under her control simply contribute to your military strength score and are never seen again. Okayyyy.....

Character development is decently well done. There are some gut-wrenching choices you can make that can result in characters dying in very emotionally striking ways.

So what's wrong? It's hard to explain just how sour things turn around the last hour of the game. Imagine if at the end of Return of the Jedi, Luke woke up in his bed on Tattoine only to realize the entire series had been a dream. Granted, that's not exactly what happens in ME3-- but it's the same sort of self-destructive ending. The ending is so nihilistic that it essentially invalidates everything that you've done in ME1 and ME2. It does this while creating EGREGIOUS plot holes and trampling over everything that had been established in the prior games and even lolBooks.

Bioware claims that there are 16 endings, including several hidden ones. This is fallacious. All of the endings are based on the same 3 main "endings", which are all VERY similar in the first place. I could rant for hours about just how poorly this ending was carried out, but I digress.

Check out this poll to see the general consensus regarding the endings and take solace in knowing you are NOT alone:

Overall, the game was probably a 7/10 overall until the ending. The carelessness of the ending, the way that it comes out of left field and creates massive plot holes, and the complete and unavoidable destruction of the ME universe's unique attributes essentially invalidate the entire series. With no point in resisting, why replay the game at all? With that in mind, the game earns a 0/10 for me.
  3. Mar 12, 2012
    this is probably one of the worst endings to a trilogy I have ever seen. Its not that the ending is sad or not what I "wanted" I could deal with that. Its the fact the the whole last 15 minutes is full of dozens of plot holes that make no sense and gives us absolutely no closure or clue what the hell happened, it just goes straight to the credits when you would expect some more info. Ifthis is probably one of the worst endings to a trilogy I have ever seen. Its not that the ending is sad or not what I "wanted" I could deal with that. Its the fact the the whole last 15 minutes is full of dozens of plot holes that make no sense and gives us absolutely no closure or clue what the hell happened, it just goes straight to the credits when you would expect some more info. If you bought the game already, then your like me and pissed off and out of 60 bucks. ( if its the PC version)

If you haven't bought the game, either play a friends copy or wait 3 months until game stop is so stocked up on returned copies that you''ll get a 80% discount on it. Graphics - 9/10 - Great Graphics
    Sounds 7/10 - Voices for most part are great, music is horrible Story 7.5/10 until last 15 minutes then it goes to a 0/10
  4. Mar 12, 2012
    You probably think that most of the people on here are just bombing the score, or tolling. But, go play Mass Effect 1 and 2 and then play 3 and I try to come back here and give this a good review. The endings alone are enough of a complaint to warrant outrage
  5. Mar 12, 2012
    As a player who has spend hundreds of hours replaying different possible paths in previous Mass Effect games, I can attest that the 'choice' of endings in this game have basically both killed my desire to further pursue Mass Effect titles and to seriously call into question the judgement of Bioware as a game development studio.

The ending sequence to this title must have passed before

The ending sequence to this title must have passed before hundreds of pairs of eyes within the company before going live; the fact that it made it out the door in this state is... largely unforgivable. Plot holes the size of Texas, a nonsensical story twist that just leaves players confused at the end, and an utter lack of closure for the trilogy, the characters, the galaxy, etc, with any 'choice' of ending.

I WANTED to love this game; instead it leaves me feeling ill and abused.
  6. Mar 12, 2012
    the first time i played the game i was like dam its amazing can wait to see what else they will make. mass effect 2 followed and it was amazing 2. then came mass effect 3 and it looked like an amazing game,just like a giant chocolate candy,you start to bite and realize how good it is but then in the end you get to a feeling which is bad and nasty tasting, which spoils entire candy andthe first time i played the game i was like dam its amazing can wait to see what else they will make. mass effect 2 followed and it was amazing 2. then came mass effect 3 and it looked like an amazing game,just like a giant chocolate candy,you start to bite and realize how good it is but then in the end you get to a feeling which is bad and nasty tasting, which spoils entire candy and slowly kill you. mass effect 3 managed to ruin the entire 5 years of game series in less then 10 minutes. dont get me wrong the 95% percent of game is good but the ending is the most important part and they managed to s$%^w it up. for me mass effect was always about the choices you make and how they reflect on the outcome, but in me3 your choices not only don't matter but they only effect the color of the ending. Game doesn't offer any closure or answers to questions, rather it raises alot more questions then we used to have.
    Spoiler alert:
    Just a note for those who romanced Tali, they didn't even bother to show you her real face, instead u get a crappy picture in a frame in your captain cabins, shame on you bioware, never shall i buy another game from you not untill you fix this or at least until the evil reapers let you go( by reapers i mean the evil empire of EA games)
  7. Mar 12, 2012
    This entire game would get a 10/10 game of the year rating had Bioware decided not to totally INVALIDATE well over 100 hours of gametime spent across all three games in the trilogy. The ending to this game was totally illogical, bad story content, and gut-wrenchingly vague - no epilogue, no conclusion - it feels like Bioware took 100s of hours of our lives, just to hoodwink us in the end.
  8. Mar 12, 2012
    Full of glitches, the PC version is slightly better than the console one, which is nearly unplayable. For those that play Mass Effect for the rpg elements I recommend playing something with more storytelling like Pac-Man or Tetris. Also, your "choice has consequence" thing is not really true, as you can see when you reach the ending. An unfortunate ending for an once great game.
  9. Dev
    Mar 12, 2012
    I am truly disappointed with this game. I loved the mass effect series, and was looking forward to this game for some time. The conclusion of this game makes absolutely no logical sense. This ending has not only ruined the re-playability of this series it also ruined all the time I spent on the mass effect series. I have no idea why bioware opted out like this but I feel cheated andI am truly disappointed with this game. I loved the mass effect series, and was looking forward to this game for some time. The conclusion of this game makes absolutely no logical sense. This ending has not only ruined the re-playability of this series it also ruined all the time I spent on the mass effect series. I have no idea why bioware opted out like this but I feel cheated and foolish for believing in them. Expand
  10. Mar 12, 2012
    Do not waste your money. Bioware has gone the way of most developers and are only in it for the money now. They have established a fan base and exploited them in every possible way. The more hardcore fans will defend Bioware but will lose faith over time to the lack of respect Bioware has for them. EA was the worst thing to happen to Bioware and this game is the nail in the coffin. TakeDo not waste your money. Bioware has gone the way of most developers and are only in it for the money now. They have established a fan base and exploited them in every possible way. The more hardcore fans will defend Bioware but will lose faith over time to the lack of respect Bioware has for them. EA was the worst thing to happen to Bioware and this game is the nail in the coffin. Take your money somewhere else to a company that values its relationship to its customers. Tanking this score is the best thing you can do for this company now. DO NOT BUY Expand
  11. Mar 13, 2012
    Quoting SacredJefe from ign comments:
    Quoting SacredJefe from ign comments:
    "Fans of the ME series are mad because there are GLARING plot-holes in the endings and because NONE of our decisions in the three games MATTERED in the end. No matter how you played the game, there were only three endings with slightly different variations that were only barely noticeable. Bioware promised us sophisticated endings, not this crap where every ending is pretty much the same damn thing with different color lights. Ignore the people who say "we" deserve better, because the matter of the fact is MASS EFFECT deserves better."

it sure deserves better.
  12. Mar 13, 2012
    Plot is very bad.Endings are epic fail.This is just First-person-shooter with a number of useless dialogs.
    This is worst game of this trilogy.0 from 10.
  13. Mar 13, 2012
    Downloadable Content on release, outdated graphics from 2008, and extremely buggy gameplay where everyone in the future can turn their heads 180 degrees. Avoid this game. Not only does it charge extra for DLC on release day, it also contains an incomplete ending which will require furthur DLC to be purchased. A massive con. Simplistic controls (entire game consists of spacebar) are alsoDownloadable Content on release, outdated graphics from 2008, and extremely buggy gameplay where everyone in the future can turn their heads 180 degrees. Avoid this game. Not only does it charge extra for DLC on release day, it also contains an incomplete ending which will require furthur DLC to be purchased. A massive con. Simplistic controls (entire game consists of spacebar) are also among its many problems. Expand
  14. Mar 13, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm sure you heard it all before. If you haven't then:

Hold the line.
  15. Mar 13, 2012
    It seems like we have another da2 situation in our hands... a game that has been ruined for the purpose of appealing to all the brainless people in the world, just to make more money. Congrats...
  16. Mar 13, 2012
    I don't think that the ending of game is everything, but that one pissed me off. Game was nice, also big plus for dialogs. Most of characters was uniqe and outstanding. If BioWare create new ending, with pleasure i will play once more. But for now my rating is 1.
  17. Mar 13, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I haven't played through to the very end yet, but I'm close. Like heading after the reapers close... And I'm not sure I want to see what happens.

I had high hopes for this game. They confirmed we were getting Liara back, our old friends would be making appearances, and everything would get some closure. Instead, we got a sort of mish-mash of short stories with the occasional ParaRene choice to make us feel like we had an impact. Right. I regret going strictly Paragon now because in the end, it didn't make a difference.

There are no side quests (every quest ties into the main quest whether it is priority or not. Given the circumstances I understand, but they could have done soooo much more with an apocalyptic epic like this *could* have been). I was expecting Fallout 3NV levels of exploration on some of the planets, you know, saving refugees, rescuing civilians, taking down the occasional reaper... The closest thing we got was hopping from Cerberus base to Cerberus base, watching a thresher maw eat a machine, and try to slowly roll out of the way of a laser.

But, there is no exploration. At all. None. I scanned every planet in every cluster and they even dumbed that down to an obscene amount.

Stories that we BEGGED them to continue (or start) they barely even acknowledged (Samara anyone? Joker? Other past romances that stop in their tracks? Inequality between Manshep's level of choices and Femshep's? They can give him two homosexual options but unless you saved Kaidan, Femshep gets no heterosexual ones? It doesn't make sense.)

Overall, I see why they delayed the release. This could not have competed with Skyrim for GoTY. It's too short a game, even on 'normal' mode, and I found myself looking at the quest log at one point and realizing that I finished twenty or so of them just from my lackluster one probe sweep per planet and asteroids-style Reaper avoidance. Truly epic entertainment....

Honestly, it's a decent game as far as your "rally your allies and fight the evil overlord" sort of piece goes, but it's not what I was expecting from the Mass Effect finale. This is something I would have expected over on FanFiction.net.

And that's my only consolation - we writers will be able to weave our own tales now that it's over. Shame they didn't give us much to work with.

I'm looking forward to the next BioWare title, but I don't think that ME3 is going to get the amount replays that the first two did.
  18. Mar 13, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The final conclusion of what was an epic series is pathetic and disappointing. As a fan of the Mass Effect games, which were truly inventive, creative and ground breaking, I expected so much more out of the finale. But instead, EA Games and Bioware failed to deliver. For three games, players shaped the fate of the galaxy through their actions, decisions and choices. This was what Mass Effect was at heart, choosing your own path, crafting your own story, and facing the consequences of your actions. And for three games, players expected that their self made paths within the game would determine the fate of the Galaxy. But rather it's the opposite. The last 10-15 minutes of the game throw out the qualities that made the Mass Effect games so amazing. What I mean is, despite all the work and effort you put into the three games, everything you did does not matter. Your actions throughout perhaps 100 hours of gameplay boil down to a general, and universal ending. Despite what it may initially appear, there is only one true ending. Granted this ending has tiny tweaks depending on whether or not you played multiplayer or downloaded some iOS app, but these differences are so puny, so miniscule, that it is almost unnoticeable. This game is a slap in the face to the fans. Expand
  19. Mar 13, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm only rating this down so much, because Bioware and EA need to pay attention. The rest of Mass Effect 3 up until the end was great, dare I say even fantastic with a few flaws. The biggest flaw during the main game was how they treated the romances from ME2, especially Thane, Miranda, Jacob and Jack. Thane doesn't even get a Codex entry in the game, for God's sake. His romance is treated almost identically to the friendship path in ME3. But by far the worst part of the game is the end. It's extremely poorly written and seems like it was smashed together with little thought for plot continuity or even coherence. It also relies on one of the biggest and most unforgivable deux ex machina's I've seen in a long time in the god/child/AI, which is ironic because deux ex machina of course means god from the machine. If that was supposed to be a little joke on Bioware's part, it's not funny. I was so disappointed by the end of this game that I felt physically sick. We fans were more than just let down; we were slapped in the face by an ending that seems like little or no thought was put into it at all, that doesn't take into account any of our choices and doesn't fit in with the narrative the previous games had been expanding upon. Bioware, your fans deserve better, and that is not entitlement. It is a simple fact. Expand
  20. Mar 13, 2012
    Game is Excellent until..... the Ending the last part of the game is rushed and then the ending makes you feel angry, sick og just plain weird as in WTF happend there?

Plain and simple the game is a total failure that makes the two previous games feel like **** games that had no point to them. such a sad sad ending for what was going to be the most fantastic Trilogy game to date. From

From this point onward I will never buy a bioware game again nor will I sub to their mmos i've allready unsubbed from SWTOR becaus of the utter redicules states these two games have been given to us in.

I cannot see Bioware being an active game makeing company in 3 years from now if this continues for I for one will Never EVER support this new "EA" direction that Bioware has taken with all their games lately Dragon Age 2 definently started showing this to me directly but just sick I feel now is allmost impossible to describe.

Please do not support Bioware again if you must have their games dont buy them atleast.
  21. Mar 13, 2012
    One of the worst endings I've ever seen. To think that a masterpiece like the first Mass Effect has become this pile of excrement, it's heartbreaking.
  22. Mar 13, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. *spoilers*

Last night I was so excited because I was at the final mission. I was thinking to myself, "This is the best game I have ever played." Tonight I feel saddened because I went from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows. The ending was cheap. I am fine with the 3 choices provided at the end but the execution was miserable. You get 3 almost identical scenes with a lousy text message at the end asking you to buy more DLC. I know the only real way to effect change is to vote with your dollars so I will be boycotting all future bioware games. It's a sad day to be a gamer when it's clear the companies would rather try to exploit you to buy more DLC than provide a good ending to a series they put so much work into.
  23. Mar 13, 2012
    All I can honestly say is I am not impressed this feels rushed in story and graphics. This game takes risks where they didnt need to be taken. Af far as I see it a lot of their choices were for a quick money grab nothing more IE day one DLC etc. The seem to have pushed a whole lot of peoples wrong buttons and enraged/upset etc them I see why in many ways. I honestly loved part one andAll I can honestly say is I am not impressed this feels rushed in story and graphics. This game takes risks where they didnt need to be taken. Af far as I see it a lot of their choices were for a quick money grab nothing more IE day one DLC etc. The seem to have pushed a whole lot of peoples wrong buttons and enraged/upset etc them I see why in many ways. I honestly loved part one and enjoyed part 2...Part 3 is a disgrace and I cant even find enough of interest to finish it.. Expand
  24. Mar 13, 2012
    It was the best game I'd ever played, since Pong, but frankly the ending boiled down to Choose Your Own Adventure "Pick a color. All rails lead to Page 37" ruined the game as well as killing the replayability of ME1 and 2 for me. Why bother making a new Shep, with new decisions, if it's all running to one of three railroad tracks? All the Twitter teases about "if you knew what wasIt was the best game I'd ever played, since Pong, but frankly the ending boiled down to Choose Your Own Adventure "Pick a color. All rails lead to Page 37" ruined the game as well as killing the replayability of ME1 and 2 for me. Why bother making a new Shep, with new decisions, if it's all running to one of three railroad tracks? All the Twitter teases about "if you knew what was coming you'd save your copy forever" don't mean much to me. I rate the game by what's on my computer, not what hypothetical DLC that might come later. Many players are also concerned that the 3 endings are a scam to leave players needing to "buy the rest of the ending" in a DLC. If a free DLC comes out that finishes the game logically and in a way that my choices and accomplishments matter again, then I'll change my review. Expand
  25. Mar 14, 2012
    Played the whole series and each game multiple times. The series as a whole, defined gaming for me. But the ending ruined the franchise and what it stood for. Just read the link below.

26. Mar 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Steaming pile of crap.
    I just played the Mission where you are forced to choose between Quarians and Geth. It's a lie. there is no choice. Either way is inconsistent with the choices made in the previous game. Hours of forced cinematics, no real game play based on choice. It's like a weekend of bad D&D with the worst power-tripping DM ever.
    This game sux all ass and I refuse to play to the end.
    DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY! Bioware is ****
  27. Mar 14, 2012
    Origin, content removed to make gamers pay even more from the game, multiplayer that affects your single player ending, absolutely **** ending. This game is the poster boy of how EA has sunk the mighty Bioware.

Wait until you get a 90% discount if you want to finish the trilogy. Avoid like the plague otherwise.
  28. iao
    Mar 14, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 was such a disappointment. Really just feels like they're just trying to get money without giving the product in exchange. Nothing that you do in the game actually matters, the endings are incredibly similar and unsatisfying. The release-day DLC was just a slap in the face on top of it all.
  29. Mar 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. My verdict is; Avoid this game at all costs. Do not buy it. Do not play it. Stop at ME2 and make up a happy ending.

On the PC, the game runs smooth and never crashed. It is also possible to finally have a Same Gender Romance Arc in ME 3, sadly, this is where the game's pros end.

The story was one of repeated loss. The player is constantly seeing old friends sacrifice themselves so that Shepard can complete the current mission objective. Twice, there are two very poignant sacrifices that emotionally cut deep Mordin Solas and Eve and then later Tali vas Normandy. The finale is emotionally devoid because of the repeated numbing the player has taken by that point and after waiting 2 years, the ending is extremely frustrating and a cause of great indignation.

30. Mar 14, 2012
    The game was OK, There was some interesting story decisions to make and the action was pretty nice. multiplayer is pretty fun, all the classes are very different from eachother but adept can solo everything. all of the endings are terrible, i am no longer supporting, EA, Bioware, or origin.
  31. Mar 14, 2012
    It gets a zero from me. Bad ending, your choices do not matter, disappointing relationship . If you like the Mass Effect series do not play this third installation it negates the whole series.
  32. Mar 14, 2012
    A forgettable experience! From its copy and paste level & characters its copy and paste waves of enemies, frustrating controls over its run and cover system (binded to space on PC). Its like EA/Bioware forced the Devs to design multiplayer, kinect and dlc instead! Mass Effect 3 leave you with a real hunger for a more then lackluster experience. The trouble with this game steamsA forgettable experience! From its copy and paste level & characters its copy and paste waves of enemies, frustrating controls over its run and cover system (binded to space on PC). Its like EA/Bioware forced the Devs to design multiplayer, kinect and dlc instead! Mass Effect 3 leave you with a real hunger for a more then lackluster experience. The trouble with this game steams from its re-write, and I'm guessing corporate or hierarchical interference overwhelming common sense and appealing for a money grab. Was a shameful display I was really looking forward for Mass Effect 3 but I had my hopes dashed when I first read about the script leak last year! Expand
  33. Mar 14, 2012
    I'm not saying the ending should be changed, nor should there be a DLC... this game is dead and done with. I hope it rots in hell with an ending like that.
  34. Mar 14, 2012
    I signed up at metacritic just to write this review. It's awful that metacritic gives this game a 93 rating on some top screens, based on the reviews of 13 "critics." The spread here between a 9.3 critic score and a 3.6 user score is the largest I've ever seen. This game is the most annoying game I've ever seen.

I'm going to this trouble because I absolutely loved Mass Effect 1 and 2,

I'm going to this trouble because I absolutely loved Mass Effect 1 and 2, and I was really pumped for 3. But 3 is a DISASTER!

1. Paid $50 for store version plus $25 for game guide. I can't return it because I wrote my Origin password on the insert with the validation code. The game guide got a cracked spine the first time I opened it! Low quality all the way.

2. I'm a sophisticated computer game player and computer programmer, with more than 25 years of experience. This darned game took me 2.5 hours to install! All kinds of problems.

3. I was so beat down after that, I punted after about 15 minutes. I just didn't like the feel of the initial sequence.

4. The game expects you to buy DLC content concerning a critical element of the game (the precursor aliens) right off the bat! The DLC was promoted the day the game was released! That is incredibly greedy and stupid. I never buy DLC unless I really like a game AND have finished what I bought at high price.

5. The Origin intermediary program is insane! Having selected an option at some point during the install to have this automatically start when I reboot my computer, there is no way to turn it off.

6. The game is almost impossible to run. After getting a successful install, off the $50 of DVDs I purchased, it takes 15 minutes or more to start the game! You can't just play the game you bought. You have to have Origin running (Electronic Arts's version of Steam) and it takes forever for it to log on and validate your password. Then, after the game loads, it doesn't start until it logs onto separate Electronic Arts servers. That can take more than 30 minutes!!!!! In my case this morning, it took about 8 minutes, but I've seen people complaining that at high-volume periods like Saturday night it can take more than 30 minutes. What in the heck is up with that??? Why do I need to be logged onto EA at all to play the game I just bought!!!???

7. After a full install, it is impossible to run the game offline. Most civilized systems permit this. For example, I bought Skyrim in November and was able to run it for four months offline of Steam, after getting the initial patch. Origin is a very stupid program.

8. I'm on a crappy satellite Internet location in a rural location, and the Internet connection goes down rather regularly during rough weather. But I can't play Mass Effect 3 during bad weather. That sucks. I paid $75 to buy the game and the game guide. I should be able to play it offline! (And I should be able to play it on a laptop during travel, etc.)

9. When I tried to start the game this morning, Origin insisted I had to install a 16 GB update!!! WTF? I just bought the game with physical DVDs a few days ago. No way is such a patch required. The stupid Origin program obviously thinks I need to download the entire darned game, even though I've already got it installed! By the by, on my Hughes satellite Internet connection, if I did a download like that, it would knock me off the Internet for a couple of days.

10. Finally, in the ever-growing list of fantastic aggravations, I learn from the manual and the initial game screens that I start out with all of my "war assets" in the "galactic war" set at 50%. That means ALL of the essential allies I am gathered are gimped to one-half. The ONLY ways that can be upgraded is to start with an end-game save from Mass Effect 2, or to play many, many hours of mulitiplayer combats.

Well, I can't import a Mass Effect 2 save, because the computer I was using for that was destroyed by a particularly virulent virus. And I don't want to play multiplayer combat exercises, and I couldn't do it even if I wanted to, due to my current crappy and laggy satellite Internet connection.

So, in other words, this crappy game, after collecting so much money, forces me to have such inferior troops that it may be impossible to win the game.

************* I'm VERY sore about this! I feel VERY ripped off and abused by a greedy and stupid company.
  35. Mar 14, 2012
    First, I have to say that I have never been more disappointed in a video game. Honestly, after I beat the game to see that they all differed only by the color of the leaves, I regret wasting $60 on it. Unfortunately, I bought the PC version, and I couldn't even trade it back in.

Mass Effect wasn't a mediocre game: it was legendary. It stressed choice and consequence, shaping a galaxy through the choices you, as the player, made. I played the first two, and absolutely adored them. The storyline was unique, cutting-edge. The characters and the relationships formed between companions and crew members were realistic and brilliant. I recommended the games to everyone I knew. Now, I'm telling trying to tell everyone not to waste their money.

The weak storyline of the third game could have probably been overlooked if it was followed by the truly epic endings everyone expected. Unfortunately, the endings were the complete opposite. Thinking about how much time I wasted on this game makes me sick.

I completely agree with most of the reviewers here: the story in the third game was weak and completely lacking; character interactions were minimal and disappointing; there were HUGE plot holes, and even the cutscenes were bad. I'm sorry, but last time I checked this was Mass Effect, not a Battlestar Galactica rip off. And the shiny Reaper child made from The Force? Give me a break.

I really, really regret buying this game and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Play the first two and make up your own ending; it's sure to be LOADS better than Bioware's.
  36. Mar 14, 2012
    ME3 is really worst ME series

i want to refund Deluxe

ME3's Ending lacks consistency

and only color magic ending

i'm so disappointed

i never will buy Bioware games
  37. Mar 14, 2012
    Absolutely and completely disappointed. I played the first two games and thoroughly enjoyed them, the feeling of my decisions making a difference to the outcome of the overall story was great. I was also thoroughly enjoying watching the final story unfold - even with, lets not kid, the lack of proper dialogue between missions and lack of dialogue options with characters and randomAbsolutely and completely disappointed. I played the first two games and thoroughly enjoyed them, the feeling of my decisions making a difference to the outcome of the overall story was great. I was also thoroughly enjoying watching the final story unfold - even with, lets not kid, the lack of proper dialogue between missions and lack of dialogue options with characters and random civilians (a real step back from what the ME series is about, UNFORGIVABLE!! Those side quests were horrendous, listening in for them? Absolutely no involvement. Just like a couple of the quests from ME2 on Illium.) and the lack of armor and armor mods/weapons mods etc featured in the first game which were 'to come back'. I would have given the game a 7 at this point. And then I got to the ending. What a pile of horse manuere! It went aggainst everything we were promised. The decisions made in the first and second game meant absolutely nothing to how the finale played out and were quite minimal to how the mid-game played out, instead of an unforgettable climactic satisfying ending we got "DOOR ABC, YOUR CHOICES DON'T MEAN ANYTHING TO ME" rubbish.

My recommendation to anyone who has played ME1 and ME2 and hasn't picked up ME3. As many below me have stated, stay away, its a huge let down to the franchise.
  38. Mar 15, 2012
    No changes after Mass Effect 2! pattern pattern pattern pattern pattern pattern pattern pattern pattern pattern pattern pattern pattern pattern pattern pattern pattern pattern pattern pattern pattern pattern
  39. Mar 15, 2012
    Bioware disappointed again. This time - the last time. I dont understand where the high score from critics come from - its a proof of how deeply this industry is corrupted. The list of critics who support this **** is simply a pay list.
  40. Mar 15, 2012
    I'm disappointed in you bioware. I'd have given your game a 10/10, really, it was fantastic seeing the drawing together of so many different plot points. Until you broke it at the end.
  41. Mar 15, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 is a cemetary of hopes.
    1. They promised us to remove terrible mining system but gave us even more boring and annoying one.
    2. They promised that every our descicion will matter. No descision affects ANYTHING in the game. More to this - all your previous descicions from ME1 and ME2 are discarded and you are forced into almost linear storyline. 3. Your actions have no
    Mass Effect 3 is a cemetary of hopes.
    3. Your actions have no result - should you cure genophage or decide to keep it - THAT DOES NOT AFFECT ANYTHING.
    4. Only your score matters, endings decided Deus Ex style - you just have 3 descicions that determine what ending you get, and your score determines your survivability.
    5. The endings is one of the most terrible in game history. To the point where people will gladly buy DLC with a single new ending.
    6. Renegade and Paragon scales are completely useless in the game.
    7. the game degraded from RPG-Shooter to Shooter with a bit of RPG elements.
    It is common for such projects to attract unrealistic expectations from fans but here we have a situation when even features, promised by developers were not fulfilled or implemented awfully.
    As Dragon Age 2 was a disappointment, Mass Effect 3 is a disappointlent of 2012. I only hope new Bioshock will not fail us.
  42. Mar 15, 2012
    I actually find myself disagreeing with many of the reviewers here: the bulk of the game was rock solid storytelling, filled with the harsh choices and consequences you have come to expect from Mass Effect. The story ventured into emotionally wrenching territory more times than I can count, even several times with NPC -to-NPC dialogue. If you hear two characters talking, keep leaving andI actually find myself disagreeing with many of the reviewers here: the bulk of the game was rock solid storytelling, filled with the harsh choices and consequences you have come to expect from Mass Effect. The story ventured into emotionally wrenching territory more times than I can count, even several times with NPC -to-NPC dialogue. If you hear two characters talking, keep leaving and coming back until you hear their whole story and then google it if you still don't get it, you won't be disappointed. The character-driven subplots have fitting, satisfying endings that never fail to bring a tear to one's eye (the emotion represented by the tear changes).

HOWEVER, bioware tried to be clever with the ending and failed more completely than I ever would have imagined possible. I always feared a trite ending, but what ME3 contains is far worse. Not "worse" as in "dark", "worse" as in "doesn't achieve any goal which an ending might be expected to achieve" and "makes a mockery of the entire series". An ending is supposed to bring a certain amount of closure, it's supposed to be the culmination of decisions made throughout the story (in ME's case, choices you get to make). ME3's ending HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CONSEQUENCES OF THE CHARACTER'S ACTIONS (well, you can choose between 3 nearly identical endings, but the choices I'm referring to are the ones you made over the entire series). Parts of the ending make little to no sense (in order to make sense of them you have to inject MAJOR plot points that AFFECT the story) or simply yell "hah, nothing you did mattered" in your face. We were promised differently (explicitly, several times). BioWare, what were you thinking?!?!?!
  43. Mar 15, 2012
    C`mon really? Mass effect died with Mass effect 1 - period.
    Bioware u`r really lacking quality - Dragon age 2 - a joke, SW:Tor - after experiencing 2 lv 50 Chars, absolutely crap when it comes to MMO, Mass Effect even worse - hopefully Blizzard stays at the top of expectations..
  44. Mar 15, 2012
    NON. Apres une trilogie si rondement menee sur le plan scenaristique, les 5 dernieres minutes sont catastrophiques. Aucun libre arbitre, des cinematiques baclees et quasi-identiques peu importe la direction selectionnee par le joueur. Bref, le nom de Mass Effect se fait salir comme un malpropre sur une conclusion qui bafoue les codes de la serie.
  45. Mar 15, 2012
    An embarassment. Do not release an unfinished game, pure and simple. Extremely buggy multiplayer, and an incomplete story. The inevitable $10 DLC that will conclude the game's story is nothing short of a scam.
  46. Mar 15, 2012
    Fantastic game in almost all senses of the word. Great story, great characters, great gameplay, but then it all gets ruined by an awful ending. I mean bad. If you do buy it, stop it right after Shepard talks to his crew before the final push and don't go further.
  47. Mar 16, 2012
    This game is a slap in the face to Mass Effect fans and rpg gamers alike. This game is so bad not only does it make for a horrible game, it completely derails the entire franchise with its massive failure during the climax and massive plot craters with extremely weak writing. The intense talent of Drew Karpyshyn and the masterful writing he penned in gone and now dudebro one liners andThis game is a slap in the face to Mass Effect fans and rpg gamers alike. This game is so bad not only does it make for a horrible game, it completely derails the entire franchise with its massive failure during the climax and massive plot craters with extremely weak writing. The intense talent of Drew Karpyshyn and the masterful writing he penned in gone and now dudebro one liners and weak dialogue and plot abound. Choices mean nothing, the loot system is weak and insulting, there is no inventory....this game is a complete mess. Do not buy, avoid this game at all costs Expand
  48. Mar 16, 2012
    I love the series but the ending waste all of this. If a better ending falls soon and free in a dlc, i change my note, i hope so. Sorry for my english i'm french.
  49. Mar 16, 2012
    You know that time in ME1 when you had to choose whether or not to kill the Rachni? I sat there for a few minutes weighing the options. Remember when you had to decide whether or not to kill the council? Or when you had to decide to kill the heretic geth? Or whether or not to save the collector base, saving or killing the quarians and geth again, curing the genophage, Samara orYou know that time in ME1 when you had to choose whether or not to kill the Rachni? I sat there for a few minutes weighing the options. Remember when you had to decide whether or not to kill the council? Or when you had to decide to kill the heretic geth? Or whether or not to save the collector base, saving or killing the quarians and geth again, curing the genophage, Samara or Morinth??? Yeah none of that mattered at all. Hope you didn't actually get emotionally invested in any of those choices like I did or you might just break the disc after the impossibly poorly put together ending. I will never play ME1, 2, or 3 again because I know the ending boils down to red, blue, or green so all the decisions you made are pointles... Oh yeah and hope you didn't like any of your romances as they really really don't matter. Expand
  50. Mar 16, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'd feel guilty about rating the game a 0 when it is such a good game, if it wasn't for the fact that the ending was purposefully a complete and absolute disaster and the aftermath is just worse. Add to this the reused generic assets (for things like Tali's portrait from Getty pictures and the ending slide with the stargazer from the cover of some power metal band's album) that are just inexcusable for a AAA title. Expand
  51. Mar 16, 2012
    Publisher lied to the fans, there is no choice, nothing you do matters, worst ending to a series in gaming history. I have never been more disappointed in a game in my life, having spent over 100+ hours playing all 3 in the series only to be lied to like this. Do not buy any Bioware game.
  52. Mar 16, 2012
    When I see all these glowing reviews by game websites giving it nigh perfect scores, its glaringly obvious that their integrity and objectivity is compromised. In fact its almost comical how much the websites try and cover for its flaws. My favorite was one where they condemned bioware changing the endings because "oh its art you'll ruin it by changing the ending." I like to think that ifWhen I see all these glowing reviews by game websites giving it nigh perfect scores, its glaringly obvious that their integrity and objectivity is compromised. In fact its almost comical how much the websites try and cover for its flaws. My favorite was one where they condemned bioware changing the endings because "oh its art you'll ruin it by changing the ending." I like to think that if somehow a 6 year old drew a big turd on the Mona Lisa, the museum would do everything it could to restore the painting by TAKING OUT THE BIG TURD ON IT. What they are really praising isn't the game it is the amount of money they received in advertising from the game's publisher. Mass Effect 3's ending (because its really only one) is a slap in the face, a total disgrace to the brand. Whoever the lead writer was for the ending, and whoever gave the okay for that crap needs to be fired. Furthermore I've never encountered an ending that made me hope for a cliched "It was all a dream" sequence as much as this one. This ending is so poorly put together it is on par with the likes of Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions, wer're talking total plot and lore breakdown. The final offense was the after credit sequence which just adds insult to injury. The only person that could of made a poorer ending was George Lucas. Expand
  53. Mar 16, 2012
    The game is absolutely top notch until the ending is reached and you're presented with 3 choices. 3 choices which completely dismiss any decisions you've made prior in any of the 3 games. There are 3 ending scenes with no closure and a convoluted, out of character plot which disregard the franchises key themes. This destroys any motivation you may have to replay this game-or any of theThe game is absolutely top notch until the ending is reached and you're presented with 3 choices. 3 choices which completely dismiss any decisions you've made prior in any of the 3 games. There are 3 ending scenes with no closure and a convoluted, out of character plot which disregard the franchises key themes. This destroys any motivation you may have to replay this game-or any of the other ME games. Expand
  54. Mar 16, 2012
    I reserve a score of 0 for games that are either non-functional, incomplete or grossly incompetently made. Mass Effect 3 fits squarely in the 2nd category. Rather than bring a conclusion to the Reaper threat, the game introduces a Deus Ex Machina ending (in the traditional greek sense). There's no final confrontation, no closure given, just 1 poorly made ending with 3 different colorI reserve a score of 0 for games that are either non-functional, incomplete or grossly incompetently made. Mass Effect 3 fits squarely in the 2nd category. Rather than bring a conclusion to the Reaper threat, the game introduces a Deus Ex Machina ending (in the traditional greek sense). There's no final confrontation, no closure given, just 1 poorly made ending with 3 different color explosions (Literally, I'm not exaggerating here). It really does feel incomplete, and as a result does not deserve a formal review until the finished product is released. Expand
  55. Mar 16, 2012
    I am going to describe this game as accurately as I possibly can. First up I am going to say that this game is not an RPG anymore. They are describing it as an Action RPG, but you cannot roam around anymore (like around the Normandy, speaking to crew members, mining planets, commander Shepard's room ect ect). It is your standard third person shooter with upgrade elements from hoard gamesI am going to describe this game as accurately as I possibly can. First up I am going to say that this game is not an RPG anymore. They are describing it as an Action RPG, but you cannot roam around anymore (like around the Normandy, speaking to crew members, mining planets, commander Shepard's room ect ect). It is your standard third person shooter with upgrade elements from hoard games such as Bulletstorm or or The Darkness. I would in fact compare the game mechanics to The Darkness, because as you shoot and kill you gain points to upgrade. This game is more action adventure/third person shooter, and not an RPG by any scope of the imagination. You would not compare this game to something like The Witcher 2 or even Skyrim, as this game is more along the lines of Bulletstorm, I don't think it can even be considered a free roam game (like the Assasin's Creed ) This is a third person shooter with upgrade elements, such as, like I said, Bulletstorm or The Darkness II or even Red Faction Armageddon. Second of all the graphics look really bad. Mass Effect 2 looks better than this. The textures are all smeared and blury, and it runs so good on my computer that the characters look like and move as if they were made out of paper. Mass effect 1 probably looks better than this, probably, but most likely, I have all three games and can make a comparison. This is a really bad game and the reviewers did not give it a more just review because they were obviously paid off. This company just made it's money out of your impulse. What you bought ladies and gentlemen, was the mere illusion that this game was going to live up to it's predecessors. They fooled you by making you place pre orders with false advertising, and now you won't get back your money they technically stole. We commonly know ploys like this as "Scams." Expand
  56. Mar 16, 2012
    Breaks cannon, massive plot holes, incomplete game. While this is the final chapter in one of my most cherished series, there is very little that remains after a botched ending that can be considered good.
  57. Mar 16, 2012
    This is not a game it's a hoax.And I mean it in the most blunt and direct way.It doesn't matter whether the game is good or bad,it's completely irrelevant.The game is purposely DESIGNED to be flawed in the end.The head writer and game director should be charged of felony because this is criminal punishment thing.Really.They sell a product as it is funcional when a matter of fact is that itThis is not a game it's a hoax.And I mean it in the most blunt and direct way.It doesn't matter whether the game is good or bad,it's completely irrelevant.The game is purposely DESIGNED to be flawed in the end.The head writer and game director should be charged of felony because this is criminal punishment thing.Really.They sell a product as it is funcional when a matter of fact is that it is not and can only be used ONCE.They are lying to the consumers.And I must repeat that this is not some vague"artistic"take on the game quality,it really isn't .You can see that the game is purposely made the way it is by the fact that ONLY last 5 min. of it are made in a way that completely makes pointless all you ever done in the game and previously 2 games.No wrighter can do this on accident.Its impossible.This is just a crook covering his tracks.BECAUSE if RPG at the very end has completely opened resolution witch is denied of all internal,external or any kind of logic patterns,the only purpose of that kind of consolation of story narrative is to PURPOSELY DESTROY everything that has build up to it.And when someone is selling you this its time to call the cops.DO not buy this game,DO not watch this game,report it.I'm absolutely disgusted calling myself a writer knowing that out there is someone called Mac Walters who DELIBERATELY denied RPG of its replayability,making people on forums such as BWN docile and depressive only so that EA can shorten lifespan of game to a cach-go for multiplayer and further consummation(which is not cheap) of more of the same broken one-time to use pile of crap. Expand
  58. Mar 17, 2012
    Lack of player agency is the theme of this game. Between all the reduced roleplaying options and scripted combat events, you'll get constant cutscene killed by enemies as though they're the dragonborn. Then there's every time they bring out Kai Leng, a book antagonist, and you get to watch Shepard flop around, not use any biotic or tech powers you may actually have, and generally beLack of player agency is the theme of this game. Between all the reduced roleplaying options and scripted combat events, you'll get constant cutscene killed by enemies as though they're the dragonborn. Then there's every time they bring out Kai Leng, a book antagonist, and you get to watch Shepard flop around, not use any biotic or tech powers you may actually have, and generally be terrible until Leng leaves. This is how Bioware does a recurring antagonist. I felt more like I was reading a book about Kai Leng than playing a game about Shepard every time they trot this guy out. Expand
  59. Mar 17, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Good:
    1. Weapons upgrade system. 2. Getting squadmate's abilities.
    3. Umm, reaching here, but the war effort meter gave me some motivation to visit all the systems.

Bad.
    1. Your choices in the previous games get retconned.
    2. The cover system is totally stupid and can get you killed if you just want to leap over an object.
    3, The space bar is the default interact button for everything (Blizzard is dumbing down their button schemes too to pander to casuals)
    4. The game will try and force you to go homosexual, freaking Garrus made a pass at me and wouldn't leave me alone! Cortez gets all emo on you and wants to hold hands with you every time you see him.
    5. More retcons: Ashley was a man? So where does that come out in the game? Oh it doesn't, it's just something a writer said in an interview later. 6. Stupid boss fights: Fight a giant Reaper dreadnought and blow it up solo when it takes a whole damn army and loads of missiles to blow one up in the final chapter. WTFPWN Leng in both both boss fight against him using shield drain and maxxed out inferno rounds.
    7. Stupid Ripped Off Ending: Instead of a stupid boss fight (which would have been preferable at this point) they give you a half an hour of UNSKIPPABLE CUTSCENES and then give you a choice of three endings which have no bearing on your progress in the game. Yeah, that was satisfying.
    8. DAY ONE DLC! Yeah, the greedy A-holes want to touch you up for another $10 after you already kickd them the $60. Good job EA.
    9. Stupid missions are all the same. Go in a base, kill a bunch of dudes that rush you. Collect data, mats, or some dude and get back to the ship. Timed missions have no timer. It doesn't matter, all of the missions are stupid easy.
    10. The exploration system got even more simplified so that 100% exploration can be achieved in about an hour.
    11. The War Resources Meter has no effect on the game. I freaking rescued the Volus Dreadnought, and I wanted to see it deployed in the final battle. It was no where to be seen. You liberate a bunch of viscous gangs for T'Lara for the war effort and it has absolutely no consequences. You also free T'Lara's murderous associate from jail and nothing negative happens after she swears to go on a killing spree. You don't even get in to any trouble with Bailey the head of C-Sec about it. Basically, nothing that isn't directly linked to the main story affects the game.
    12. I have a top of the line PC and the game graphics are crap. Artifacting and noise everywhere.
    13. The final encounter with the elusive man is a JOKE. Choose the renegade option or die and restart. LOL!!

I played this game in order to complete the trilogy and make use of my game saves. The whole thing was a serious let down from the minute I saw the message about the day one DLC. All three endings that I had involved Shepard dying in some way and even though they attempted to give you some closure by talking to the characters on a vid screen before embarking on the last mission, it just felt empty and that the sacrifice was for nothing. If you are just learning about this series, just pass on it. It's not worth the investment as the experience degrades seriously as the game progresses from box to box.
  60. jat
    Mar 17, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. the game retroactively ruins the entire mass effect franchise. You will not want to play the games again, you will not want to buy dlc, you will not want to read the books, and you will want to punch bioware in the nuts.

The endings boil down to basically 1 ending where none of your choices matter, and you get 0 closure. Everyone dies, and the implications for the rest of the universe are just depressing. Of the endings you get, its basically the same 1, with 3 colors (6 slight variations, but not really) of the promised 16 different endings.

Gameplay and multiplayer are entertaining, and the campaign has some well written dialogue, up until the final few minutes.
  61. Mar 17, 2012
    Nothing hurts more than to lose time, money, and personal investment when it comes to an ending five years in the making. Here's a short list of the ways I feel used by Bioware/EA.
    -My money means nothing to them. It does not matter how much I have spent on their project, but only that I could possibly spend more if tricked into thinking I'll get what I paid for.
    -The story was ignored
    -The story was ignored during a key portion of the game. The ending. Nothing that I could invest into the game would make the outcome any different. That is a kick to the face of every gamer alive. I did not buy a game to be told I should shut up and watch.
    -Shepard was the most human I had ever seen him. I loved how fragile my role was in the series and how much he relied on his team. When it mattered nobody who was fiercely loyal to him had his back. Apparently they all sought fit to run away when the galaxy needed them most. Does hope die with Shepard?
    -The theme is self sacrifice... self sacrifice... self sacrifice... etc etc etc but to push that theme onto the customer's wallet is freaking atrocious.
    -This list goes on just like DLC will be released for a dead franchise.

Although beating dead horses seldom brings them back to life I hope EA/Bioware will understand that this horse is being beaten because it deserved to be beaten. Nobody will forget it and it will live on in the minds of everyone who felt strongly about their experience. Let it serve as a warning that any great piece of art if put to pasture by an owner who only cares about money will watch the art die sickly and without love.
  62. Mar 17, 2012
    Every iteration of Mass Effect BIoware seem to actively looking to "simplfy gameplay". From the herady heights of Baldurs Gate 14 years ago - to this generic simpletons game "Gears of War Lite". In another 20 years Bioware will be releasing a stunning graphical representation of Pong - and still having the nerve to call it an RPG. There is so little to Mass Effect 3 - gameplay wise I wouldEvery iteration of Mass Effect BIoware seem to actively looking to "simplfy gameplay". From the herady heights of Baldurs Gate 14 years ago - to this generic simpletons game "Gears of War Lite". In another 20 years Bioware will be releasing a stunning graphical representation of Pong - and still having the nerve to call it an RPG. There is so little to Mass Effect 3 - gameplay wise I would rather spend my time on one of those free Java game sites. Rubbish - and made all the worse by the fact it bears the name of the once mighty Bioware - Along with the generic and shallow "Star Wars t OR" this game goes straight to the back of my games cupboard, to be tossed out when the day comes that I don't wince at the waste of £35 Expand
  63. Mar 17, 2012
    This game is a prime example of why the video game industry is dying--not by sales, but by soul. Release day DLC is an insult to consumers and this is exactly what this game has done. 60 Dollars isn't enough, they want more of your money upfront for the "full" experience, but we all know they will release DLC after DLC to try and milk as much money as possible from you. Just play MassThis game is a prime example of why the video game industry is dying--not by sales, but by soul. Release day DLC is an insult to consumers and this is exactly what this game has done. 60 Dollars isn't enough, they want more of your money upfront for the "full" experience, but we all know they will release DLC after DLC to try and milk as much money as possible from you. Just play Mass Effect 1 and leave it at that. Expand
  64. Mar 17, 2012
    WE WILL HOLD THE LINE!!!
    As a sign of protest, I advise everyone to boycott reviews of ME3. If proper DLC is delivered our reviews can be changed to positive ones.
    RETAKE MASS EFFECT 3
  65. Mar 17, 2012
    Would have been a solid 8 or 9 had the ending not succeeded in ruining the entire story that the trilogy had been building up to. Quite saddening to see the disappointments BioWare continues to churn out (Dragon Age 2, and now this), and I can't help but think EA is the culprit. I miss the days when BioWare actually meant quality roleplaying games.. Unfortunately, it seems those days areWould have been a solid 8 or 9 had the ending not succeeded in ruining the entire story that the trilogy had been building up to. Quite saddening to see the disappointments BioWare continues to churn out (Dragon Age 2, and now this), and I can't help but think EA is the culprit. I miss the days when BioWare actually meant quality roleplaying games.. Unfortunately, it seems those days are long over. Expand
  66. Mar 17, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 is a very entertaining game that follows closely the formula of ME2, but there are several MASSIVE PROBLEMS with it. I would recommend you do NOT purchase it at this time.

If you consider yourself a loyal fan of the series, and appreciated the direction of the stories in the previous games, there is an excellent chance you will find the endings deeply unsatisfying. There is currently a campaign underway to convince Bioware to add an alternative to the current endings. You can find out more by searching for Retake Mass Effect. Multiplayer is a component Bioware decided to include with this game. Normally this wouldn't be a concern for single player focused players, but a player's participation in MP has a direct effect on your SP experience, specifically the ending. Even if you are a completionist type of player who carefully goes through the game checking everything, you may not have enough of a certain score to achieve the "best" ending if you do not play multiplayer. For those without a reliable internet connection, this is a serious problem.

The day one DLC is a sore point for many gamers. While I would not call the content "necessary" for full enjoyment of the game, your squad would seem fairly bare without the inclusion of the character in this dlc, and considering the free squadmate offered very soon after Mass Effect 2's release, there is no reason this couldn't have been free as well (aside from corporate greed, which is exactly what this is).

Finally, a smaller complaint, but one I suspect many fans will be upset about. A certain character's true appearance is revealed in this game. If you are a long time fan you will know exactly who I speak of. Let's just say the reveal is quite disappointing, and it involves photoshop. All these issues (minus the MP) are based on my own opinions. I have been a big fan of the series since the beginning, and 99% of the trilogy has been an absolute blast. I don't expect Bioware to remove or change the offenses I have listed above, but I would sincerely appreciate an alternative. If you share my opinion on some of these missteps, I would again ask that you do not purchase the game at this time. Affecting Bioware and EA's profits is the best way to voice your opinion.
  67. Mar 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Mass Effect 3 - perhaps, greatest disappointment in my playing life. There are good moments in him, but them criminally small. On all basic elections from previous parts a scenario writer spit(Did you set about in slivers the base of Collectors? And in headquarters of Cerberus however use works "from that remained". Did you kill queen Rachny in the first part? Reapers-Rachny however will appear in the third.) From an ideal command from the second part there is nothing - her members appear pair of one times for a game, are a how hardly not parody on itself and thank God if fervor in a shot does not die. Be kind to love the personages of ME1 dull tossing of as if parodying casual personage Gears of War and AI....but now in the body of robot! Reapers from a galactic threat goes to the quite stupid bosses, maintaining the pair of rockets. (Teleport on Citadel, one place from where they can be destroyed one only ordinary Reaper guards) But all of it grows dim as compared to the monstrous ending, that turns all clock conducted after three parts in puke, the choice of color of this puke is only given you. All game you collected troops for a battle that so not happened, the final amount of these troops influences only on the insignificant differences of finishing roller. Explaining nothing, entering some idiotic God-child, Bioware allow titles and suggest to buy DLC.Here thank you! Good moments like permission of conflicts between different races and pair of deaths of especially favourite personages only show what could be ME3 if it were not for replacement of scenario writer and desire to do quickly continuation of successful series, instead of that to do a really good game. Sadly, that to say. Expand
  68. Mar 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Experience the beginning, middle, and end of an emotional story unlike any other, where the decisions you make have absolutly no influence in your final experience and outcome.

Probably the worst ending of a videogame I ever seem, and totally against the spirit of the Mass Effect series. It will stop you from replaying it, because no matter your actions, the end will remain almost the same.
  69. Mar 18, 2012
    This game should be judged as two separate entities awkwardly conjoined rather than one whole individual entity. The first part consists of the first 99.9% of the game, of which the story telling, the build up to the climax and the tension were all very well done, as expected for the final title to this series, and would earn a maximum score. HOWEVER, the last 0.1%, also now known as theThis game should be judged as two separate entities awkwardly conjoined rather than one whole individual entity. The first part consists of the first 99.9% of the game, of which the story telling, the build up to the climax and the tension were all very well done, as expected for the final title to this series, and would earn a maximum score. HOWEVER, the last 0.1%, also now known as the infamous "last 10 minutes" was a very poorly executed of what is a brave and interesting concept, which had failed so catastrophically that the last part can get but zero score. Unfortunately, as the whole product is not whole without an ending, and the ending is but a fraction of the whole, the two scores must add up, however it must be "calibrated" for weight of importance. As the "definitive" end to the hitherto awesome series, the ending, despite its short length in this epic journey, has the heaviest weight, not only in the series concerning Commander Shepard, but also the entire franchise based on the story and trials of the Commander (as Bioware announced no future spinoffs will be based past the events of ME3), therefore its massive disappointment wiped away all the hard earned high score to bring the total down to 0, rounded down. This is not due to some petty tantrum but rather a summary of how that single misstep has probably destroyed the franchise's future, as already many have lost incentives for a second playthrough for ME3, let alone a replay of the first games, thus replayability has been thoroughly killed off. In addition, further spinoffs for the franchise in the future will suffer from similar disincentives due to them all inevitably based before the events of ME3, or at least before the last 10 minutes of it. Therefore, this franchise is lost, and lost because of this game, Mass Effect 3, or more precisely, the "last 10 minutes". I would like to take this space now to sincerely thank Bioware's staff for their time and effort to make these games, that it had been a wonderful journey, and that I really appreciated it. HOWEVER, that does not mean I will not deliver a scathing review on their products where and when it is needed. Expand
  70. Mar 18, 2012
    Worst ending in the videogame history for the best trilogy in the videogame history. The last 10 minutes of Mass Effect 3 ruins the whole trilogy. I don't even want to play with ME1 or ME2 because of the ending of ME3, this is why I give a 0/10. Without the ending the game would be 10/10 for me.
  71. Mar 18, 2012
    I was a huge fan of the Mass Effect franchise (and Bioware games in general). Honestly, I even really like SWtOR. But Mass Effect 3 was a huge disappointment! What I hated most: 3. Meaningful interactions with most of your love interests from ME1 & ME2 reduced to unsatisfying cameos, 2. New movement options for Shepard in combat that can be horribly frustrating because they all shareI was a huge fan of the Mass Effect franchise (and Bioware games in general). Honestly, I even really like SWtOR. But Mass Effect 3 was a huge disappointment! What I hated most: 3. Meaningful interactions with most of your love interests from ME1 & ME2 reduced to unsatisfying cameos, 2. New movement options for Shepard in combat that can be horribly frustrating because they all share the same key as the one used to enter cover (i.e.: I have several times tried to sprint through a door only to find myself rolling back and forth between one side of the door and another, or attempting to leap over cover to flee attackers only to have the game decide I would rather "go into cover" on the wrong side, etc.) and worst of all 1. Three almost identical but horrible endings that totally ignored all of my choices made in the saga up to that point. In my opinion, they not only removed 100% of ME3's replay value (I played ME1 & ME2 dozens to times) but tainted the rest of the saga for me. As far as I am concerned, Jar Jar Binks did less to ruin Star Wars... After all, I did not sink 100+ hours into playing Star Wars after being told my choices would carry through and they would matter! And putting further salt in our wounds, these endings were abrupt, incongruous with the pace and story of the games up to that point, and glaringly inconsistent with established canon (For instance: If one Mass Relay detonating in The Arrival took out an entire star system what does losing ALL of them mean to the survivors in the galaxy?!!! How about a little QA, guys?) If EA/Bioware have any hope of painting themselves out of this corner, I would suggest they look on the Internet for all of the threads discussing "Indoctrination Theory" and deliver us a DLC to 'fix" the endings along those lines ASAP. I know, it is your "art" and your "artistic vision", blah, blah, blah... But you sold the whole ME franchise with the promise of "Real choices that make a difference. Honestly, guys, for ME3 it is time to live up to that. Expand
  72. op8
    Mar 18, 2012
    ADVICE (to ppl who have'nt finished the game): Stop playing 10 minutes before the end....seriously!! ...you will be happier. The ending will infect your brain with a malignant non-operable cancer that will then ruin the ENTIRE trilogy for you, meaning any replay of any of the games will feel utterly pointless.Mass Effect should deserve a 90% score for being one of the best action sci-fiADVICE (to ppl who have'nt finished the game): Stop playing 10 minutes before the end....seriously!! ...you will be happier. The ending will infect your brain with a malignant non-operable cancer that will then ruin the ENTIRE trilogy for you, meaning any replay of any of the games will feel utterly pointless.Mass Effect should deserve a 90% score for being one of the best action sci-fi trilogies we have available to us, but goddamnitt, why did they have to ruin it with such a ridiculously lazy ending!! Expand
  73. Mar 18, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 continues the engaging and wonderful traditions of the first two games in the series... right up until the finale. Without including any spoilers, I wish I could say that I just didn't like the end, or that the I didn't agree with the way BioWare chose to finish their masterpiece. Instead, the ending trivializes everything that made this series wonderful and nullifies anyMass Effect 3 continues the engaging and wonderful traditions of the first two games in the series... right up until the finale. Without including any spoilers, I wish I could say that I just didn't like the end, or that the I didn't agree with the way BioWare chose to finish their masterpiece. Instead, the ending trivializes everything that made this series wonderful and nullifies any replayability. Mass Effect 3... none of your decisions matter. Skip this one if you loved the first two. Expand
  74. Mar 18, 2012
    After completing the game one has to wonder whether Bioware diverted all their resources to Star Wars - The Old Republic. One can only hope that is the excuse for this ending to the series. Regardless of the excuses or, perish the thought these "endings" were actually planned out, the Nihilistic ending made me regret having spent time even bothering to develop a character. Perhaps it's aAfter completing the game one has to wonder whether Bioware diverted all their resources to Star Wars - The Old Republic. One can only hope that is the excuse for this ending to the series. Regardless of the excuses or, perish the thought these "endings" were actually planned out, the Nihilistic ending made me regret having spent time even bothering to develop a character. Perhaps it's a joke. Or a calculated business move to offer DLC that lets you have an ending where you actually have some impact. As such this mess is such a shame for what had been such a promising series. In my humble opinion it is that bad. And it's sad. Not the sadness of any ending but the saddest thing in the world: Wasted potential. The wasted potential from a sloppy meaningless ending to an otherwise previously well executed series. I have lost the will to replay Mass Effect due to the ending. If that was Bioware's (and/or EA's) intentions, then well played EA/Bioware. I won't bother to return. If this is the same attention they plan for other games then I wish them well. I will not be playing them. Expand
  75. Mar 18, 2012
    Probably the worst ending to a video game series I've ever seen. What happens in the last 15 or so minutes completely contradicts the previous ~150 hours of gameplay for all three games.
  76. Mar 19, 2012
    "We purposely made the ending awful so we can make up for it in the DLCs"

Go kill yourselves Bioware. A perfectly good game ruined by a garbage and cliche ending. It's quite literally like they're trying to ruin the game.
  77. Mar 19, 2012
    What disappointing in this game is what simple actions that can make this game atleast 50% better or more,such a good series like this should not be rushed and should be a lesson to bioware about the effects of rushing good games (cough dragon age ii)
  78. Mar 19, 2012
    I just do not understand how they can write such amazing dialog for this one, and then completely botch the ending. The other two games didn't feel nearly as alive and real as this one and it was a lot of fun to play... but the ending was just horrid. Shame on you Bioware.
  79. Mar 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great game until ending.....

which color do u like? oh, doesn't matter, everybody screwed

u take nothing back....

It's only just a lie....

what's more, they think this is a good idea....
  80. Mar 19, 2012
    I love the previous games in the series but ME3 is a disappointment in so many ways. Firstly, I can not import my Shepard's face from ME1 and the game also has bugs all over. Also, the ending of the game is astronomically bad; it goes against everything Shepard has done in the previous games and what Mass Effect-series has really been about. Players choices do not matter at all in the end,I love the previous games in the series but ME3 is a disappointment in so many ways. Firstly, I can not import my Shepard's face from ME1 and the game also has bugs all over. Also, the ending of the game is astronomically bad; it goes against everything Shepard has done in the previous games and what Mass Effect-series has really been about. Players choices do not matter at all in the end, all you get is pretty much a one and only ending. An ending that has plot holes as big as black holes, no conclusion and just leaves you empty. I can't believe Bioware actually did this. It's so bad. Expand
  81. Mar 19, 2012
    I'm almost ready to take it back and demand a refund. Most will comment on the endings, but the fact is, nearly the entire game is linear to the point of being comical. Frankly from what I can gather, none of your decisions in ME 1 or 2 have any real meaning past dialog or EMS changes in ME3. There is so much extra opportunity built in that anyone can pick the game up and play through itI'm almost ready to take it back and demand a refund. Most will comment on the endings, but the fact is, nearly the entire game is linear to the point of being comical. Frankly from what I can gather, none of your decisions in ME 1 or 2 have any real meaning past dialog or EMS changes in ME3. There is so much extra opportunity built in that anyone can pick the game up and play through it nearly identically as if someone had imported their save game. You can recruit the same species and complete the same quests. Expand
  82. Mar 19, 2012
    Bioware keeps ruining it's name again doing demands of EA . Another huge disappointment sequel to a wonderfull RPG . First KOTOR then DAO and at last ME . This is last time buying a bioware game before reading user's critics .
    ME is not a RPG it is just a FPS including a cheap tv movie story or reverse . Choices (including your choices from ME1 and ME2 ) do not effect anything major in the game . They told about 14 different endings but all looked same to me , just colour difference ::)) .
  83. Mar 19, 2012
    unless something is seriously done to fix this game i will never buy from bioware again. they were my favorite company and now they are my most hated
  84. Mar 19, 2012
    This is the first metacritic review I have ever done as I have never felt inclined to do so before on any previous games. Mass Effect 3 was nothing short of the biggest disappointment in recent gaming history, the day one DLC was insulting to the fan base to say it nicely, the ending was a sheer abomination that has disgraced the franchise terribly with Casey Hudson simply going on to talkThis is the first metacritic review I have ever done as I have never felt inclined to do so before on any previous games. Mass Effect 3 was nothing short of the biggest disappointment in recent gaming history, the day one DLC was insulting to the fan base to say it nicely, the ending was a sheer abomination that has disgraced the franchise terribly with Casey Hudson simply going on to talk about more dlc to be released pre game ending that doesn't address any of the current issues. All in all it's honesty 120+ hours of my game time I'd rather have back Expand
  85. Apr 4, 2012
    The whole game, except the last five minutes, is above average. It has some GREAT moments and some considerable shortcomings, The technical department is poor, the few improvements over the previous game are balanced by many flaws, which become obstacles during gameplay. Action could be a lot of fun, too bad you only have one button to crouch, run, and jump over obstacles. Most of theThe whole game, except the last five minutes, is above average. It has some GREAT moments and some considerable shortcomings, The technical department is poor, the few improvements over the previous game are balanced by many flaws, which become obstacles during gameplay. Action could be a lot of fun, too bad you only have one button to crouch, run, and jump over obstacles. Most of the times you'll die it's going to be because of this. Some good moments about the plot, but some errors and contradictions are very easy to notice. The soundtrack, that's probably the only thing that really went right. Given all this facts I'd give it a 7/10 BUT: the ending. The plot becomes meaningless, all your choices: discarded. The explanations are incredibly dumb at best, and even if you assume it was all just a dream, or an indoctrination induced vision, it keep not making sense. Even if it did, you still don't see what happens to the galaxy you learned to love in the course of three games. What you get is the same cutscene, with an explosion of a different color based on a choice you make in the last 30 seconds of gameplay. This is no hyperbole, it's actually what you get. The whole plot is based on something the devs explicitly said they would'n do: add a "kill reapers" button. They aren't even above adding the cliche child dying seeking some easy drama, and getting shepard out of character a bit more. I'd make it 4/10 then, even with no reasonable plot it's still a nice action game with some control issues and a few good moments with your old companions, right? No, because a game is not just the final product. Everything reeks of the scent of some money-craving horrible beast. You get day one DLC that is already on disk. That character was intended to be meaningful to the plot, and you can see why: it's a prothean. But they just accepted to sacrifice some of the plot meaningfulness so that it could be an optional you could sell. As you finish the game, a message appears: you are reset before you start the last mission, and you're invited to buy some DLCs to further shepard's adventures. This behaviour is unacceptable. Remember when DLCs were stuff they made months AFTER the game was released, and you got to play THE WHOLE GAME simply by paying its price? Maybe it's me, maybe I should't have standards. But I do, and so do many people. That's why after a second playtrough I'm modifying my review and giving this a zero. That's why this game has such a low score. I understand you may really want to play this, but DO NOT BUY. These people can only understand money. Expand
  86. Mar 19, 2012
    Simply put, this game lived up to every expectation I had for the finale. It's everything I could've hoped for and more. Why such a low score then? Simple. The ending. As almost every other review says, the ending was such a colossal disappointment it ruined the series for me. It negated every other aspect of the past 2 games and simply was the worst ending to a video game I've ever seen.Simply put, this game lived up to every expectation I had for the finale. It's everything I could've hoped for and more. Why such a low score then? Simple. The ending. As almost every other review says, the ending was such a colossal disappointment it ruined the series for me. It negated every other aspect of the past 2 games and simply was the worst ending to a video game I've ever seen. If Bioware were to patch their ending with a DLC package it'd be fine. Just to be clear, the game does not have 16 different endings. It has 1 ending which varies in a few small details. In the end it's all the same. And it's all terrible. Don't get this game until they patch the ending.

10 for the whole game. -9 for the ending. Leaving us with a score of 1.
  87. Mar 19, 2012
    No point in avoiding the obvious...ME3 is really a good game on its own... except for the ending. Wich is simply what matters most if u are making a ending to a triology that envolved allot of emotional investment, letting the player create the story as it goes... The entire ME game was focussed around this feature, and made it so very compelling. Choose to do A resulted in B. Or choose C?No point in avoiding the obvious...ME3 is really a good game on its own... except for the ending. Wich is simply what matters most if u are making a ending to a triology that envolved allot of emotional investment, letting the player create the story as it goes... The entire ME game was focussed around this feature, and made it so very compelling. Choose to do A resulted in B. Or choose C? Everything u did needed some carefull thinking...made u invest in characters... In the end it felt like u were writing ur own epic Scifi Novela filled with plots - action - romance ... And what happened? Frodo came to mount Doom and was about to throw the ring into the lave, just as Sauron revealed he had a failsafe switch that teleports the ring back to him and voila!!! Sorta how this felt... no matter how i enjoyed the series, wich i did, and credit for that. The feeling i have now is one of total disappointment, flustered, sad... Of all the ways it could have gone i cant think of a worse conclusion to this epic tale. In wich i thought i made a difference. I am left with confussion, 'hate'... Only to be greeted with a grand message from BW/EA to buy more DLC when released... Shame on u... Expand
  88. Mar 19, 2012
    Gave it 0 not just because the ending dismantles the whole third part of the franchise, but effectively renders vain and misguided the previous 2 installments. None of the choices matter, none of the endings are accurate and follow the established lore and rules of the game universe.
  89. Mar 19, 2012
    The Good-
    -ME 3 i found to be a decent combination of the first 2 with adding back in slightly more rpg aspects from the first game such as more weapons and armor and the tighter gameplay of the second.
    The Bad- -Certain aspects of the game felt like several steps backwards, such as the animations which is absolutely atrocious, to removing the gun holstering so you can't view your
    The Good-

The Bad-
    -Certain aspects of the game felt like several steps backwards, such as the animations which is absolutely atrocious, to removing the gun holstering so you can't view your surroundings even if no enemies are around.
    -If you have kept your saves from the first and second ME, like i have, and looking forward to to see how your choices will effect the end of the trilogy, don't bother. The end of ME 3 will hit you like a powerful kick to the nards when you realize you that your choices did not matter and the trilogy is ended with more questions then answers. Conclusion-
    -Its quite an accomplishment to pull of an ending so bad that it ruins the whole series. Its just that bad.
  90. Mar 19, 2012
    The final 10 minutes of this...ugh,.. game?... is what I remember instantly when I think of Mass Effect 3.
    For the series to be one of the best space cRPG ever despite minor issues, for the ME3 for most of it's part living up to it's title, last moments of this game has redefined my entire perception of the series.
    I can't bring my self to start this game again, In fact I can't even
    I can't bring my self to start this game again, In fact I can't even think of replaying the whole trilogy as I intended. Animations have some issues, Quest Log is complete mess and some moments are disappointing. But the "great" finale ruins absolutely everything I loved about this series.
    It is first time ever something like this happened to me in 16 years of gaming. Mass Effect 3 left a very bad taste in my mouth and for that reason I give it ZERO score.
  91. Mar 19, 2012
    Until about the last 15 minutes of ME3, it wasn't just a 10 - it was a 100. But the last 15 minutes are so awful that if I could give the game a negative score, I would. It completely invalidates everything you worked so hard to accomplish not only in this game, but in ME1 and 2 as well. I have zero desire to play any of the ME games ever again as there is no point. Nothing you do, theUntil about the last 15 minutes of ME3, it wasn't just a 10 - it was a 100. But the last 15 minutes are so awful that if I could give the game a negative score, I would. It completely invalidates everything you worked so hard to accomplish not only in this game, but in ME1 and 2 as well. I have zero desire to play any of the ME games ever again as there is no point. Nothing you do, the choices you make, or the relationships you build make any difference whatsoever in the outcome of ME3. The entire series now might as well never existed to begin with! AGH! Expand
  92. Mar 19, 2012
    Not only did the ending ruin THIS game for me, but I cant even bring myself to play the previous games. It literally brought me to tears in places, but the last 5 minutes devolved into utter nonsense and bad logic. I'm ashamed that I actually paid for this travesty, I should have just let my imagination end the series.
  93. Nov 22, 2012
    Very Stupid ending options! even with the dlc that is supposed to fix it. You suck Bioware. Graphics are trash, animations are low grade. Almost everything sucks in this game.
  94. Mar 20, 2012
    The game itself is a really good game, with good combat and good conversation options. Weapon choices and customization add a great variety, whereas different armour types and moves ensure the player can play exactly as they want to play. The characters are fully evolved and draw great depth, creating what could have been the best game of the year. If I could have stopped a second beforeThe game itself is a really good game, with good combat and good conversation options. Weapon choices and customization add a great variety, whereas different armour types and moves ensure the player can play exactly as they want to play. The characters are fully evolved and draw great depth, creating what could have been the best game of the year. If I could have stopped a second before the ending, it would have been 10/10. However then there is the ending. This ending respresents something complete unknown to Mass Effect, gives no closure or reasoning, has no basis for being there, and completely and utterly ruins the game. In fact it ruins Mass Effect 1 and 2 as well, as how could anybody restart the series with this kind of appalling disgraceful ending? Expand
  95. Mar 20, 2012
    One of the most profoundly disappointing endings to any story in any medium. The writers removed the cornerstone in which the entire story was built upon - choice and consequence. So, the entire building comes crashing down at the end. In the end, none of the choices your character makes throughout three games matter. All the relationships you've built are meaningless. There is noOne of the most profoundly disappointing endings to any story in any medium. The writers removed the cornerstone in which the entire story was built upon - choice and consequence. So, the entire building comes crashing down at the end. In the end, none of the choices your character makes throughout three games matter. All the relationships you've built are meaningless. There is no closure in the relationships made, whether between LIs or squad mates. They never come to fruition, and there is no resolution. ME3 was advertised to have a multitude of outcomes based upon players' choices. That's what originally made the Mass Effect franchise such a great success. The finale should have raised the player to great heights or taken the player to despair... and everywhere between based upon the consequences of the player's decisions throughout the entirety of the series(Paragon, Renegade, or somewhere in between). BioWare should have finished their remarkable work on the strengths that it was built on. Choice and consequence. It seemed like a given, but...

You leave the game feeling complete and utter disappointment. It is truly remarkable how an ending can be so profoundly and remarkably bad. It truly destroys the franchise entirely. This is not an easy thing to say, as I've loved the series from the start. There is no replay value at all.

BioWare has ruined years of work in the last ten minutes on what should have been one of the greatest RPGs of all time. It will be a study in the future on how not to end a story franchise.
  96. Mar 20, 2012
    The game itself is pretty good, not great, not awesome, pretty good. That's it. But the ending. Oh my God the ending. If you have been playing Mass Effect DONT PLAY THIS ONE. The ending will utterly leave you in complete shock and dismay at the sheer level of laziness, stupidity, condescension, and incoherent plot holes that you will find in the ending. Literally EVERYTHING about theThe game itself is pretty good, not great, not awesome, pretty good. That's it. But the ending. Oh my God the ending. If you have been playing Mass Effect DONT PLAY THIS ONE. The ending will utterly leave you in complete shock and dismay at the sheer level of laziness, stupidity, condescension, and incoherent plot holes that you will find in the ending. Literally EVERYTHING about the ending is completely GOD AWFUL. Stay away from this piece of shi*. First they make us pay for "DLC" to have the prothean squadmate, that hackers reveal is already on the disc and no one needed to pay for it, and now this??? Just vote with your wallets and stay away from this horrible horrible middle finger to the fans. Expand
  97. Mar 21, 2012
    Just echoing what I'm sure many others have said. The game itself is OK. It's not nearly the 10 that bought off critics seem to be giving it. It's simply a mediocre shooter with above average dialogue. But. The ending. Not only is it amazingly bad, but in order to make it even slightly less **** you'd have to grind at the horde-mode multi-player. In a single-player game. Boycotting BiowareJust echoing what I'm sure many others have said. The game itself is OK. It's not nearly the 10 that bought off critics seem to be giving it. It's simply a mediocre shooter with above average dialogue. But. The ending. Not only is it amazingly bad, but in order to make it even slightly less **** you'd have to grind at the horde-mode multi-player. In a single-player game. Boycotting Bioware from now on. Expand
  98. Mar 21, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I over-enjoyed the game. My mistake is that I gave this game an early 10... That is until the moment the harbinger laser hit the party. Honestly i am holding myself a lot not to go berserk and start swearing. So i will keep it...civilized. It not about Shepard's bad fate. I kinda liked it that he died to save the galaxy at any case. What i don't like at all is the whole "Lost" concept. The last 15 minutes of the game IS NOT mass effect. It is a combination of poetry, lucid dreaming, huge (black hole size) plot holes and the message you get after the credits " Congratulations, Shepard destroyed the Reapers and saved the galaxy. You may now continue to play DLC and **** and then you can play just before the attack on Cerberus Base. This proves that there is no "indoctrination" concept and that the end is as it is. I am extremely frustrated with Bioware. You destroyed the trilogy by creating 15 minutes of a total confusion. Maybe the reapers indoctrinated the Bioware staff so they couldn't finish the game. Not to comment the day one DLC: From Ashes. Aye...From Asses that is... Since its coming from EA its definitely " FROM ASSES". Fix it now. Not asking, not petitioning, but...DEMANDING. Expand
  99. Mar 21, 2012
    I rarely review anything, I prefer to enjoy things myself (after paying such a large amount of money, for my income). But Mass Effect 3, just destroyed many things I was proud of about the whole series.

First of all, beware of buying the game because of Origin. A blunt attempt to battle Valve, a bad one at that. Secondly, connecting the multiplayer portion of the game to your personal

Secondly, connecting the multiplayer portion of the game to your personal single-player experience and directly influencing your final score (thus the endings you can get), is just an awful way to promote the multiplayer part. And it's not even a small addition to the score...

That doesn't mean much though, because as thousands have said before me, the ending is just despicable. Plot holes, no personal influence, not making much sense, seriously rushed and totally disappointing to anyone who has actually connected with the game. People are actually thinking of alternative theories, just to fool themselves that the ending was logical.

This really feels like Dragon Age 2 (which had 5 dungeons in total and they were recycled in every way), Bioware having disappointed once again.
  100. Mar 21, 2012
    what the hell? Does this website not believe in paragraphs? I just seperated everything I wrote and it was still all jammed together. Too long didn't read, is the main reason no one reads user reviews.

1. Apr 11, 2012