5.2

1. Jul 21, 2012
    Just finished the Game with the Extended Cut, then compared it on Youtube with the original ending. I can see why many people didn't like the ending, there really are a few too many things left open in the original ending. The Extended Cut is therefore a nice addition to give players more closure. However, I have to say, that this is one of the most beautiful games I've ever played andJust finished the Game with the Extended Cut, then compared it on Youtube with the original ending. I can see why many people didn't like the ending, there really are a few too many things left open in the original ending. The Extended Cut is therefore a nice addition to give players more closure. However, I have to say, that this is one of the most beautiful games I've ever played and definitely does not deserve the criticism it got about it's ending. I personally loved all the endings, even though I only chose the bad ending to see what it was like, normally I wouldn't choose it. This game is an amazing and perfect conclusion to the Mass Effect Trilogy and true fans will love it like I did. Mass Effect 1 had the most epic ending, Mass Effect 2 was the most epic game overall and Mass Effect 3 was the most beautiful of them all. Also, since it mainly used music from the first and second game and didn't show that many more additional good soundtracks (apart from the beginning and the end of the game) I give this game a 9 out of 10. Well done Bioware and thank you! Expand
  2. Jul 23, 2012
    i enjoy the game especially if you upload save game from ME2... maybe the original ending doesn't give much closure, the free extended cut DLC in other hand give much more satisfying ending... ill give an 7/10 but with the extended cut DLC ill give 9/10...
  3. Jul 28, 2012
    The Mass Effect trilogy is just amazing and Mass Effect 3 is one of my favorite games ever. It shines in every single aspect but one: the ending. Sadly, this outstanding game was slightly ruined by an inconsistent ending. Anyways, the whole experience is really great, and everyone should give it a try.
  4. Aug 6, 2012
    There are a few honest reviews on here who are not trolling bioware for the ending of ME3. Heres my honest opinion. Mass effect 2 was a terrific game, it had great progression, great squad missions and an amazing long ending all leading to a pretty great boss fight. One of the best games Ive ever played. Mass effect 3 brought some terrific editions to the series, the best of which isThere are a few honest reviews on here who are not trolling bioware for the ending of ME3. Heres my honest opinion. Mass effect 2 was a terrific game, it had great progression, great squad missions and an amazing long ending all leading to a pretty great boss fight. One of the best games Ive ever played. Mass effect 3 brought some terrific editions to the series, the best of which is the mutiplayer. That aspect alone gives the game much more credibility but if you just into single player than your still in for a great game but not as great as ME2 but a long shot. The intro is epic, the art is amazing, the music is great, and its optimized so well it runs at an incredibly smooth framerate at 5760 x 1080 resolution which says a lot. The immersion was great during the midgame, missions are very fun and well thought out, the voice acting is great and beleivable, the characters make you care about the universe and saving it so all they needed to do was wrap up this great series with an equally great ending which isnt easy but weve come to expect it. Without spoiling the ending, it had one great moment that I loved and the rest of it fell very short. Nothing at all connected to the player from their choices and it feels very lazy and very non unique to me and left a sort of dissapointment in the end. Despite that though, it was a great experience and the multiplayer ahs kept me coming back fro more for almost 50 hours now. On top of that Bioware has been giving FREE updates with maps, characters, and weapons and they released a better ending for FREE. All this equates to a fair 8.5 or so but ill round up to a 9. Expand
  5. Aug 9, 2012
    I think it's absorlutly unfair, to give Mass Effect 3 a score under seven, simply based on the ending. Mass Effect 3 is like the other games in the series, an amazing game! Everything that leads up to the ending, is superb, every mission is fantastik, the graphics is fantastik, the characters, the environments, just superb. The ending was patched up by the extendet cut DLC, but yes .. itsI think it's absorlutly unfair, to give Mass Effect 3 a score under seven, simply based on the ending. Mass Effect 3 is like the other games in the series, an amazing game! Everything that leads up to the ending, is superb, every mission is fantastik, the graphics is fantastik, the characters, the environments, just superb. The ending was patched up by the extendet cut DLC, but yes .. its still not as great as i would have liked, but its definitely acceptable now. The multiplayer is also pretty good. I personatlly play Mass Effect for the single-player, but the multiplayer is a nice feature when you have completed the game, and just need some more Mass Effect.
    All in all, Mass effect 3 is a great game, which is absorlutly worth buying.
  6. Aug 17, 2012
    I really liked this game and the whole series. The game play was similar if not the same as mass effect 2.
    The only thing that upset me was massive plot holes in the ending and the lack of user input to customize the ending. I liked the story line and dialogue, it was all great. I don't know why people are giving it a 0 .. or anything lower than 5.. If the ending was more powerful with a lot more effort, this would be an easy 9 or 10.
  7. Aug 18, 2012
    I really enjoy this game and have started and done multiple playthroughs. The one big minus is the ending. It's not a bad ending, but it's simply not as good as the rest of the game, so that does make it feel like an anti-climax. But apart from those final five minutes, I always had a hard time turning off the monitor to go to work, because I was constantly pumped, wanting to see what wasI really enjoy this game and have started and done multiple playthroughs. The one big minus is the ending. It's not a bad ending, but it's simply not as good as the rest of the game, so that does make it feel like an anti-climax. But apart from those final five minutes, I always had a hard time turning off the monitor to go to work, because I was constantly pumped, wanting to see what was next. Yes, it does feel that good while playing. Just those last minutes leave you with a feeling of "That's it?!"

Mind you, the free Extended Cut DLC did make the ending slightly better, and I can't wait to see what the upcoming Leviathan DLC brings. I don't expect it to be as good as the Shadowbroker DLC from ME2, that would be expecting too much, but I certainly expect it to come close to the Kasumi DLC in quality.
  8. Aug 22, 2012
    The Mass Effect series contains some of the best character writing in video games, period. You will never feel so close to and feel so deeply about NPCs in any other game. The hatred expressed on this site is a kind of perverse testament to that---people cared so deeply about the game that they are willing to troll because the ending hurt their feelings. But do not make the same mistake:The Mass Effect series contains some of the best character writing in video games, period. You will never feel so close to and feel so deeply about NPCs in any other game. The hatred expressed on this site is a kind of perverse testament to that---people cared so deeply about the game that they are willing to troll because the ending hurt their feelings. But do not make the same mistake: the ending will make you sad and maybe angry, not because of bad writing, but because it is so unconventional and involves so much loss.

The number of onboard conversations with the crew has exploded since ME2, and I would say the dialogues are the best of the series, save except for the amazing Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC for ME2, whose excellence was not topped in ME3. There were a few too many corny references to famous lines from ME2 such as "calibrations" and "definitely worth it" that slowed down the dialogue at times.

The gameplay is a slight tweak and improvement on the ME2 experience. I would say that I am about done with the ME style of gameplay---spamming singularity+warp combinations has definitely gotten too old by the end of the game. There is much gnashing of teeth in the endgame on Insanity, but well worth it.

Well done, Bioware---I hope that you keep true to yourself and don't bend too much to the rage expressed here and elsewhere.
  9. Aug 24, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 is an amazing game. Unlike popular opinion. The only gripe i have is of course the ending, purely because it's slightly behind par compared to the endings of other bioware games. But for me I view the game as a series of endings that tie off all the loose threads throughout the series. Which is something most people seem to have difficulty understanding. The gameplay isMass Effect 3 is an amazing game. Unlike popular opinion. The only gripe i have is of course the ending, purely because it's slightly behind par compared to the endings of other bioware games. But for me I view the game as a series of endings that tie off all the loose threads throughout the series. Which is something most people seem to have difficulty understanding. The gameplay is thoroughly enjoyable and the visual's are usually pretty good as well. Even the multiplayer is surprisingly great. One of the few multiplayers of recent games that I've enjoyed. Expand
  10. Oct 2, 2012
    If you enjoyed ME 1 and 2 you will enjoy this game. The game looks great and the fighting is fun. I agree that the initial ending was not good but the revamped ending was very good. Also the game was much more action oriented than RPG and the dialogue did not change the story at all. In fact you can play the game without making any choices in the conversation if you pick to play the gameIf you enjoyed ME 1 and 2 you will enjoy this game. The game looks great and the fighting is fun. I agree that the initial ending was not good but the revamped ending was very good. Also the game was much more action oriented than RPG and the dialogue did not change the story at all. In fact you can play the game without making any choices in the conversation if you pick to play the game as an action game. All in all a great game. Expand
  11. Oct 2, 2012
    I have enjoyed the ME franchise as it progressed and liked each one a bit more than its predecessor. The game, if you play it to its fullest, is as long and complex as its predecessors and the story is well written. I know that there were a lot of people who felt let down by the ending but I found it to be not only appropriate but tense and meaningful. I have yet to play the revisedI have enjoyed the ME franchise as it progressed and liked each one a bit more than its predecessor. The game, if you play it to its fullest, is as long and complex as its predecessors and the story is well written. I know that there were a lot of people who felt let down by the ending but I found it to be not only appropriate but tense and meaningful. I have yet to play the revised ending and have picked up the DLCs but not played those yet either. The multiplayer is an interesting addition and quite fun as an addition to the game. I guess, given the visceral negative reviews, that the mere presence of EA has given rise to instant dismissal of what I think is a well done game. Expand
  12. Oct 3, 2012
    I loved both Mass Effect games that came before this one. I kept saves all the way from 1 through 2. After finishing Mass Effect 3 I understand why people are upset. I thought "Bioware won't let me down" I wanted to see this trilogy through to the end. I got to the end and it didn't matter, because there are no differences between the endings.
  13. Oct 8, 2012
    Mass effect 3 has his flaws but overall it's a great game. Bioware has exceeded as always with their story telling till the end. If you ever think that is a unfair assumption then consider the fact that their biggest selling point of the game since day one is that your actions matter. This is completely taken away in my opinion by the progress bar instead of adding as many upgrades orMass effect 3 has his flaws but overall it's a great game. Bioware has exceeded as always with their story telling till the end. If you ever think that is a unfair assumption then consider the fact that their biggest selling point of the game since day one is that your actions matter. This is completely taken away in my opinion by the progress bar instead of adding as many upgrades or doing hero missions and hoping for the best. Also in accordance to the ending I would've preferred a sequence of screen-caps and text like fallout did which would go over your choices and their consequences in more detail instead of being rewarded your choice of 3 different colors. Ignoring the dismal ending the story and universe in my opinion is more realized and alive then any other game or even movie for that matter, I'm a Star Wars fanboy and I enjoy the mass effect universe better. The game play through the games have gotten simpler and more casual per sequel but the gameplay is still as strong as ever. That's why I give this game a 9 of 10 Expand
  14. Oct 11, 2012
    Some of you may be new to the mass effect series and want to purchase the game, however the amazingly low score in the user section can be a very big turn off. However do not listen to the user reviews on this site!! or any other site on the internet!! This game ooozes brilliance. Let me shine some light on how the gamer community works, they love to **** about anything, and everything. IfSome of you may be new to the mass effect series and want to purchase the game, however the amazingly low score in the user section can be a very big turn off. However do not listen to the user reviews on this site!! or any other site on the internet!! This game ooozes brilliance. Let me shine some light on how the gamer community works, they love to **** about anything, and everything. If a game doesn't innovate, it sucks, if it does innovate, it sucks as well, they can never be pleased, which is why this game has been so badly reviewed, they didn't like the ending. Just because you didn't like the ending does not warrant down grading the ENTIRE game. Mass Effect 3 is a brilliant game, the soundtrack is incredible, the combat is fun and fast paced and (contrary to gamer belief) the story was excellent and I really connected with the characters in the story. I implore you to enter this game with an open mind, not clouded by the hate of the gamer "community" and see this game for what it is, it may have drifted from its RPG roots but I think for the better with my play style, I've thrown hours into ME3 and enjoyed every second of it. The leaving Earth scene is both awesome and saddening at the first time and sets the tone of desperation for the story to come, the Reapers are a terrifying and brilliant foe and the gameplay represents a challenge in many areas of the game. I didn't even think the ending was bad at all, when I finished it I put my controller down in contentment without realising it would be so badly bashed by whiners everywhere. ME3 is well worth a play through for anyone who would rather enjoy a game than complain about it. Bioware really put their heart into this game and it deserves the recognition from the community it never received Expand
  15. Oct 31, 2012
    It's six months after release and I finally played and finished the game with the extended DLC endings.

Guess I'm going to be in the minority who believe it was an excellent gaming experience. The cinematics, story (touching bases or bringing back old primary characters into the story), music and combat fights were epic and top-notch. I had all the DLC content that ended up being about 35 hours of game play which I felt gave me good value for my purchase.

As far as the endings, I thought they were fine. I'm not sure what else you could have done with the story. I'm glad that Bioware didn't go with the cop-out "it was all just a dream" ending - could have been easy for them and they probably wouldn't have received a fraction of the grief. I went and looked at the original endings on YouTube and think that people who gave the game a "zero" or "one" score have some serious problems separating gaming life from real life. It simply wasn't that bad. And even if it had been the worst ending in gaming history (go look at the ending of Far Cry 2 if you want to see that), the rest of the game should have warranted at least a 6-7 score from reviewers. At least those who give honest reviews instead of trying to be spiteful.

But I do give props to Bioware for listening to the complaints and coming up with some additional ending media. They didn't have to do that, but they did.

I only have two real complaints - 1) the "duck and cover" command (spacebar) was problematic. Often I would use that command, end up behind a barrier and I couldn't move away from it - or at least without some difficulty. A bad guy would flank me and blast away and there was nothing I could do. And 2) the log-in sequence to the EA/Origin was atrocious. Nearly a 5 minute boot-time for everything to be up and running and synched. Ridiculous...

In a nutshell, the whole series is a one of the best gaming experiences a gaming enthusiast can play and ME3 was the crown jewel of the 3. Put aside what you've heard from naysayers and if you haven't played the game, give it a shot - and start from the beginning. You won't be disappointed.
  16. Nov 3, 2012
    Fantastic game - combat and presentation are simply at the best and this game sets a new standard to 3rd person shooter games, for sure! The story itself, while I agree that the ending is confusing somewhat, is still awesome and I don't think it's bad and frankly with the new free "ending" DLC, things feel a lot more clear. Even if you won't like the ending - it's not something thatFantastic game - combat and presentation are simply at the best and this game sets a new standard to 3rd person shooter games, for sure! The story itself, while I agree that the ending is confusing somewhat, is still awesome and I don't think it's bad and frankly with the new free "ending" DLC, things feel a lot more clear. Even if you won't like the ending - it's not something that affects the rest of the game IMO and thus you shouldn't miss this game just because of a small section of it! Expand
  17. Nov 4, 2012
    Opening cinematics will set the tone, for what will be an amazing adventure. The story was great, the game play was great. My only complaint was that it was too short, but I suppose the old adage "always leaving them asking for more" probably applies in this instance.
  18. Nov 13, 2012
    One of my favorite game trilogies of this generation, Mass Effect 3 is a fun action RPG game although it's definitely more action then RPG now, The story is fantastic, the characters are some of the best in any game series and the combat, classes and gameplay in general are very enjoyable, the ending was definitely a low point for the series, but since playing the free extended cut DLC forOne of my favorite game trilogies of this generation, Mass Effect 3 is a fun action RPG game although it's definitely more action then RPG now, The story is fantastic, the characters are some of the best in any game series and the combat, classes and gameplay in general are very enjoyable, the ending was definitely a low point for the series, but since playing the free extended cut DLC for it I am happy with where mass effect 3 has ended for Shepard's trilogy and I look forward to seeing where they go with Mass effect 4. As I said, Mass effect is probably my favorite series from this generation and I would recommend it to anyone who likes a good story with deep and interesting characters whilst also having good length and good gameplay. Expand
  19. Dec 29, 2012
    Come one people! i don't normally write reviews, but i felt compelled to, because the game was really enjoyable, no idea why so many are complaining about the ending, it wasn't that bad, i enjoyed the game and found myself captivated throughout my playtime, there's no reason to trash the game if the story line didn't meet your expectations, its a phenomenal experience. i had very littleCome one people! i don't normally write reviews, but i felt compelled to, because the game was really enjoyable, no idea why so many are complaining about the ending, it wasn't that bad, i enjoyed the game and found myself captivated throughout my playtime, there's no reason to trash the game if the story line didn't meet your expectations, its a phenomenal experience. i had very little performance issues, and i highly recommend this if you enjoyed the other two titles, don't let the user reviewed put you off trying this out, for once the game critics got it right. Expand
  20. Jan 19, 2013
    Spoilers on the ending:

Look, moral choices are good, but having a 'Good' and 'Bad' scale to regulate them, is horrible. Thus, the paragon/renegade polarization is a terrible mechanic. HOWEVER, the ending to this series is its redeemer. Having absolutely everything burn is a way to hold up the small moral choices of the series as ultimately pointless. The binary morality of the
    Spoilers on the ending:

Thus, the paragon/renegade polarization is a terrible mechanic. HOWEVER, the ending to this series is its redeemer. Having absolutely everything burn is a way to hold up the small moral choices of the series as ultimately pointless. The binary morality of the series is therefore undermined.

I imagine the one brain cell of EA got up on the wrong side of the bed and thought to reinvent Mass Effect at the end, and I for one commend it for its efforts.
  21. Mar 7, 2013
    True. The ending storyline didn't live up the the incredible standards we have become used to with the Mass Effect series. I was upset with the ending the first time I finished the game. But i've completed the game 3 more times(with the slightly improved new ending they made for free DL) and I now realize that the ending is a small 1% of a game that is otherwise a very enjoyable work ofTrue. The ending storyline didn't live up the the incredible standards we have become used to with the Mass Effect series. I was upset with the ending the first time I finished the game. But i've completed the game 3 more times(with the slightly improved new ending they made for free DL) and I now realize that the ending is a small 1% of a game that is otherwise a very enjoyable work of art. 9/10. Loses 1 point for ending storyline. Expand
  22. Mar 29, 2013
    I don't know what the people who poorly rated this game were thinking but this is one legendary game. It immersed me in the first couple of hours and I can't leave ME3 for long hours once I start to play it. Despite a few flaws (especially the same button used for cover, running and jumping over obstacles), this game is pure FUN and it surely deserves my score of "9".
  23. Apr 5, 2013
    I do not think the story is as bad as most people think it is. I also think it its always up to the developers how to end the story. The overall gameplay is good, it is getting better since ME1 and ME2. Many of the scenes are touching and sad. It is a shame I did not play it on release. Thanks Bioware, for this epic journey.
  24. May 24, 2013
    I must say, this game starts very poorly (even worse than ME2) and it probably has the worst ending of any of the hundreds of games that I have played. It also doesn't provide much direction at the beginning, so if you play without using a wiki (like I did) you can miss out on a lot of content that I would have liked to play. That said, I have no other complaints about this game. WhileI must say, this game starts very poorly (even worse than ME2) and it probably has the worst ending of any of the hundreds of games that I have played. It also doesn't provide much direction at the beginning, so if you play without using a wiki (like I did) you can miss out on a lot of content that I would have liked to play. That said, I have no other complaints about this game. While you don't get as many squad members, you can still develop meaningful relationships with them throughout the game. The world is fantastic. I'm probably going to be crucified for this, but I think the Mass Effect story/universe is superior to both Star Wars and Star Trek. Its not perfect, but it is still a shining example of what sci-fi should be, and is definitely worth a play, just don't have your hopes too high for the ending. Expand
  25. May 29, 2013
    I loved this game. The combat is smooth and flows very well. The story is enthralling and pulls you to the edge of your seat, and contrary to what most people say the end is good. It could have been better but I still liked it. Now i never played the game till after the extended cut ending was released so I don't know what it was like before, but the extended ending game me a sense ofI loved this game. The combat is smooth and flows very well. The story is enthralling and pulls you to the edge of your seat, and contrary to what most people say the end is good. It could have been better but I still liked it. Now i never played the game till after the extended cut ending was released so I don't know what it was like before, but the extended ending game me a sense of closure that I need for this series. Ignore the low user rating and play this series from start to finish and enjoy the amazing story that BioWare made for us. Expand
  26. Jun 14, 2013
    First of all, the user score for this game is in no way indicative of the quality of this game. Mass Effect games are very different in the world of gaming as they are a hybrid of several different genres. Obviously Mass Effect games are RPGs, but they also incorporate FPS, adventure, and even strategy elements all into one game. The best part of the Mass Effect series is that you get toFirst of all, the user score for this game is in no way indicative of the quality of this game. Mass Effect games are very different in the world of gaming as they are a hybrid of several different genres. Obviously Mass Effect games are RPGs, but they also incorporate FPS, adventure, and even strategy elements all into one game. The best part of the Mass Effect series is that you get to know the characters well. Whether you like the character or not, you know them very well by the end of the series and become connected to some of them. Another great thing about the series is that every player has their own Shepard that they can come to identify with as well. Their are many things that I like in ME3 when compared to the other games in the series. First of all, the graphics look much better, especially in gameplay itself. The storyline is pretty good. If you've played the first two games of the series, you could probably predict some of what was going to happen, but after putting at least 50-60 hours into the first 2 games, this is probably to be expected since you knew this was the final entry of the trilogy. As far as combat goes, as with the other games, it can be as difficult or as easy as you want it to be. I've found different classes to be much easier to play because certain enemies are overly strong at the higher difficulty levels and certain classes make it much easier to defeat those particular enemies. The decisions of this game are heavily influenced by past actions, much more so than ME2 as ME1 and ME2 actions both have a large effect on decisions in this game. A lot of controversy surrounded the ending of this game, and it did certainly deserve some controversy, as when I first finished the game I sat and stared at the screen for 5 minutes in disbelief. I do encourage every player to look into the ending more, there's a lot of stuff out there which is interesting. For example, I find "indoctrination theory" to be a good explanation. The amount of emotion that this ending caused shows the amount of passion that this series creates. I really believe this series is a must play for anyone who likes games because I think it has a little something for everyone. This game is not perfect, if the ending were better if would be close. I give this game an 8.5, but it will show up as a 9. Lot's of angry people reviewed the game two seconds after they finished it and were upset. There are also people who fell in love with the original game and don't like how 2 and 3 play. ME1 is very different, and ME2 and ME3 are similar but with slight differences. Expand
  27. Jun 20, 2013
    Mass Effect 3 is a good, good, good game. Yes, the part of the ending with the child makes no sense (not to spoil-y I hope). But other than that, Mass Effect 3 is a great accomplishment in gaming. With ME 3, Bioware found a good balance between action and RPG elements. For RPG fans, there is a long list of skill trees to mess around with and weapon modification to match your gameplayMass Effect 3 is a good, good, good game. Yes, the part of the ending with the child makes no sense (not to spoil-y I hope). But other than that, Mass Effect 3 is a great accomplishment in gaming. With ME 3, Bioware found a good balance between action and RPG elements. For RPG fans, there is a long list of skill trees to mess around with and weapon modification to match your gameplay style. They removed the class limitation on weapons and simply let you choose which of the pistols and rifles you want to use. All of the powers have been balanced so that all classes are equally viable on the hardest difficulties. All in all gameplay has been greatly improved from ME 2. The story is still great. You have less squad members than ME2 but they are more fleshed out. If you haven't played the first two games a lot of the story might be lost on you but for people have played both ME1 and ME2 in order, ME 3 finishes up the Story arcs of each character(s) in a beautiful and cathartic way. You have a lot of influence and involvement with how the stories end which increase the player's investment in the game. I plead with you, dear reader, ignore the bad user reviews and give this game a chance. Expand
  28. Jun 24, 2013
    Great game. Ending was meh. It definitely improved with the free dlc, but the ending still wasn't great. Other than that though, a simply legendary game worthy of your money. Seriously go buy it. Be sure to play the whole series in order though
  29. Jul 3, 2013
    Best Game series out there, great story and better and better gameplay for each game that tops in Mass Effect 3

Abilities on different carracters that can be used in combination with each others, gameplay that makes you want to play just to play. A awesome story with characters you build a great personal relationship to, great laughs and great sorrows, that makes you go 35-45hours straight skipping work/school and forgetting to eat and sleep.

Sadly people cant seem to review the game as a whole and focus on the ending that could be better, but even with the endings there is very little to put a finger on as a whole.
    Still it not even that bad a ending, just not how people want it to end making them butthurt, that they dont get a sugar sweet ending.

I read trough afew critics in the "red" and alot of the stuff i just cant reconize from my playtroughs.
    Some state the exact opposite(Lies? but why?) of how the game works, some state the character acting and story is bad, even though i think both tops even the top end movies we have on the market today.

This game made me play the ME1 and ME2 several times over to get the different coices and i have 5-7 playtroughs of the ME3 game itself, and besides that the surprisingly good Multiplayer i used a good 1000hours om itself.

This game has been worth every penny!
  30. Jul 5, 2013
    Mass Effect 3 (2012)

Mass Effect 3 ist ein Science Fiction/Action Rollenspiel. Es ist die Fortsetzung und der Abschluss der Mass Effect Trilogie. Wie bereits sein Vorgänger, basiert das Spiel auf der Unreal-Engine 3 und wurde ebenfalls von BioWare (Baldur's Gate, Dragon Age) entwickelt. Der Publisher ist Electroic Arts. Das Spiel wird wieder aus der dritten Person gesteuert, sodass
    Mass Effect 3 (2012)

Das Spiel wird wieder aus der dritten Person gesteuert, sodass man einen guten Überblick über das Schlachtfeld hat und die Gestaltung der Spielfigur direkt erkennen kann. Die Spieldauer beträgt ca. 40 Stunden.

Nachdem im ersten Teil ein abtrünniger Spectre (sowas wie Geheimpolizei mit unbeschränkten Befugnissen) namens Saren aufgehalten wurde, eine Reaper-Invasion zu initiieren (Reaper Maschinenvolk mit der Absicht alles Leben auszulöschen) und im zweiten Teil die Bedrohung der Kollektoren (von Reapern indoktrinierte Spezies) neutralisiert wurde, konnte es das Maschinenvolk nun doch schaffen in die Sonnensysteme der Völker der galaktischen Allianz einzudringen.

Als Commander Shepard sieht man nun erneut der Gefahr ins Auge, einer gewaltigen Übermacht gegenüber zu stehen, die alles einsetzten, um das Leben in der Galaxie auszulöschen.
    Zusammen mit altbekannten Charakteren aus Mass Effect 1, sind die Völker der Allianz zu vereinen um den Reapern eine finale Endschlacht zu bieten. Dabei trifft man des Öfteren auch auf alte Bekannte aus dem zweiten Teil der Trilogie, die einem Aufträge anbieten und Unterstützung im Kampf gegen die Reaper zusichern.

Durch die Möglichkeit Spielstände aus den vorher gespielten Teilen der Trilogie zu importieren, kann der Verlauf der Story sich ändern, da z.B. einige alte Crew-Mitglieder nicht überlebt haben oder Entscheidungen anders getroffen wurden als die Standardeinstellungen eines neuen Spielstandes es darstellen würden.

Das Spielgeschehen kann maßgeblich beeinflusst werden durch eine Vielzahl verschiedener Entscheidungsmöglichkeiten, die den Spieler stellenweise mit z.B. ethnischen und moralischen Fragen konfrontiert. Durch ein "Gesinnungssystem" kann man so zu einem rücksichtslosen Tyrannen oder aber zu einem hilfsbereiten Helden werden.
    Zusätzlich bietet das Spiel die Möglichkeit sowohl als männlicher als auch weiblicher Charakter das Geschehen zu erleben. Dies verändert ebenfalls das Verhalten der Crew-Mitglieder.
    Der Wiederspielwert des Spiels ist also enorm.

Durch weitere DLC's (Downloadable Content) erweitert sich die Story. Jedoch sind einige dieser Erweiterungen mit Kosten verbunden, bieten aber dementsprechend auch mehr Inhalt.

Alles in allem übertrifft dieses Spiel trotz Neuerungen im Kampfsystem nicht die Vorgänger, zieht jedoch auf Augenhöhe. Für Mass Effect Veteranen ein Muss. Science Fiction Liebhaber und Rollenspiel Fans werden auch voll auf ihre Kosten kommen.
  31. Jul 11, 2013
    This game, well, is the conclusion of an incredible journey. All the Bioware team made a great work, overall.

The game features great graphics and a captivating storytelling (even if the best one is in the second chapter IMHO). It is so fast paced that it can be exhausting at high difficulties. The finals, this time, are FINALS and even if they may leave you with disappointment (or tears, like my case) are original and EPIC.

Multiplayer is OK, but I would definitely exchange it for more "single player".

So, why nine? Actually, I would have liked to give a 8.5, but 9 is for the excellent references and the emotions I felt while playing. Anyway the game is a bit buggy now and then and some things seem to have been completed in a hurry. Anyway this won't ruin the experience at all.

Want the best experience? Buy all the trilogy and "grow up" your Shepard. For me has been the best non-real experience of my life till now.

Keelah se'lai!
  32. Jul 12, 2013
    After hearing a lot about how Mass Effect 3 fell short of Mass Effect 2, I came in expecting something totally different than it delivered and in the best way. Mass Effect 3 picks up a bit after the events of Mass Effect 2 concluded. Shepard has somehow got himself free from Cerberus and grounded on Earth by the Alliance. Mass Effect 3 shows how dark the series can get allowing for theAfter hearing a lot about how Mass Effect 3 fell short of Mass Effect 2, I came in expecting something totally different than it delivered and in the best way. Mass Effect 3 picks up a bit after the events of Mass Effect 2 concluded. Shepard has somehow got himself free from Cerberus and grounded on Earth by the Alliance. Mass Effect 3 shows how dark the series can get allowing for the series to end very strongly.

Gameplay: The game has updated its style, mainly when on a mission. The cover system has dramatically improved and both armor variation and the number of weapons has dramatically increased. The AI does get caught up quite a bit and this can lead to wasting a lot of medigel, but you can at least run over and help them up without the use of it. Most of the other mechanics of the game are the same, but missions now impact how ready your forces are to fight the reapers, which I thought was an excellent addition similar to that of Fable 3's, but much much better. There is also the improved scanning system where you just scan from the galaxy map, but in some systems this will alert the reapers.

Graphics: Mass Effect 3 has gotten a bit of a face lift allows for more detail in almost everything and it looks brilliant. While the graphics are not the best, I don't think I've seen such a beautiful Sci-fi RPG to date.

Story: The campaign takes Shepard to the far reaches of the galaxy, but sadly not all of it. I went on quite a few side missions and I never felt that I went as far as I could have. However, this is made up with some of the incredibly painful decisions you are forced to make. Most of those decisions are toward the end, but they will make you second guess yourself and even regret them. Then comes the infamous ending, which I thought was probably one of the most dramatic and depressing endings to a trilogy I have experienced. No spoilers, but if you were expecting a happily ever after, you will be disappointed and or surprised.

I'm not quite sure why this game has received such bad reviews, I have played the entire trilogy through and I feel that each game brought something new and exciting to the table and Mass Effect 3 was no exception. You will not find an experience equal to that of this trilogy and if you are on the fence as to whether or not to buy it, go buy it and enjoy the many hours of brilliance it will give you.
  33. Aug 9, 2013
    4.8 as a user score just because the ending was disappointing. I can't believe people are saying the last 10 minutes ruined the entire game for them. I wonder what the user score would be if this game had a good ending. I'm glad Bioware released the Extended Cut; if they didn't my score would be a bit lower. This was a stellar sequel and all the ones and twos out of 10 are just immature.4.8 as a user score just because the ending was disappointing. I can't believe people are saying the last 10 minutes ruined the entire game for them. I wonder what the user score would be if this game had a good ending. I'm glad Bioware released the Extended Cut; if they didn't my score would be a bit lower. This was a stellar sequel and all the ones and twos out of 10 are just immature. As a long time gamer I'm used to disappointing endings; its a common weakness in video game storytelling. Nevertheless an amazing title on Bioware's part, it still gave us a stellar story and characters. So they incorporated more action and gameplay elements? Get over it. Video games aren't supposed to be interactive movies. Expand
  34. Aug 13, 2013
    Time will only tell how great this game actually is. I don't understand the bias of some people here, you can't just low-grade spam reviews for a game just cause you don't like the ending. There is at least 4-5 factors when you judge something, so even if the ending is the worst possible, it can't seriously lower the grade for more than 1-2 points. And ME 3 is great in every possibleTime will only tell how great this game actually is. I don't understand the bias of some people here, you can't just low-grade spam reviews for a game just cause you don't like the ending. There is at least 4-5 factors when you judge something, so even if the ending is the worst possible, it can't seriously lower the grade for more than 1-2 points. And ME 3 is great in every possible aspect, let's get that clear for start. It is improved compared to ME 2 in a lot of ways, gameplay, graphics, you name it. There is lot more diversity between classes, when you play a class it actually feels like your playing that certain class, unlike ME1, where every class was just a different mix of same abilities. As for the ending issue, it has been updated and made downloadable for free. I can understand that you are not very sympathetic towards greediness of EA company, or that the ending made your efforts while progressing trough this really fun game kind of useless, but you wouldn't even get there if it wasn't well worth it. Expand
  35. Sep 5, 2013
    To be honest...in my opinion...Mass Effect 3 isn't worse than 1 or 2. All games of Mass Effect's Trilogy are on the same level. I must say I didn't feel dissapointed playing this game, I was having fun since the first action to the last one. I can't understand why there are so many negative opinions.
    The main plot is nothing special but it's still good. Don't forget there are secondary missions which are just the cherry on the cake.
    "Terrible writing" I don't agree. For sure the best one is in Mass Effect 1 but we can't ignore this game because of it.
    Graphics Really Why we must care about it so hard... Anyway it doesn't look so bad and I am sure it's gonna be better in the next one. I am just worried about the fact "Shepard Era" is over. That's the only 1 thing which can hurts..
    Give this game a chance and don't forget it's part of trilogy even if you don't like it so much.
  36. Sep 9, 2013
    As we all know the anger is there over the ending, and when I first played through it I was as vocal in my displeasure as anyone else. But after adding the extended cut, (which if nothing else tries to help things) and playing it through with readjusted expectations as part of the trilogy, I have come to love 90% of it. Visually it is superb, the overall story keeps you engaged and theAs we all know the anger is there over the ending, and when I first played through it I was as vocal in my displeasure as anyone else. But after adding the extended cut, (which if nothing else tries to help things) and playing it through with readjusted expectations as part of the trilogy, I have come to love 90% of it. Visually it is superb, the overall story keeps you engaged and the characters you know and love don't disappoint.

My only gropes are: (The ending, but as I have already said I can live with it with a little help from my post story imagination)
    The lack of tactical choices; I wanted Shepard to control the Normandy in fleet battles and make big decisions on how to roll out the battle. And fire that awesome cannon!! :D
    The multiplayer element, which although is very good in its own right, should not impact at all on the single player.

But don't get this game wrong, it IS Mass Effect and IS a very, very high quality game.
  37. Sep 18, 2013
    I'm not go to sit here and tell you Mass Effect 3 is perfect. I won't sit back in my chair and explain how it "Doesn't follow a storyline." Spoiler yes it does, as with Mass Effect 2, discussion you made all the way back in Mass Effect come into play. This is whole heartedly Mass Effect. Now dos the Arrival DLC give some crap intro to the next game? Yes. Does it matter that they wanted toI'm not go to sit here and tell you Mass Effect 3 is perfect. I won't sit back in my chair and explain how it "Doesn't follow a storyline." Spoiler yes it does, as with Mass Effect 2, discussion you made all the way back in Mass Effect come into play. This is whole heartedly Mass Effect. Now dos the Arrival DLC give some crap intro to the next game? Yes. Does it matter that they wanted to explain it at all and release several online and magazine based articles detailing the events for those who didn't want to play? Also yes. They wanted to take the intense Third Person shooting that we saw in Mass Effect 2 and the more heavily driven RPG that we saw in Mass Effect, they then added meaningful weapon customization, upgraded cover, armor, and shield elements, and spiked the difficult. After playing ME3 on hardcore ME2 insanity was a picnic.

But then we come to the elephant in the room. What about the endings? Are all those who felt betrayed be an ending 5 years old. I didn't have one problem with how they did the ending. They we trying to be artful and mysterious much like Kubrick in the movies. In fact movies have several examples of why you don't need to see every little detail. Do I like the new endings, yes. Well now for the outrange that was a relatively good (maybe great) horde mode multiplayer. I got 4500 force because I made go choices in the other 2 games. I still went through the multiplayer because it was fun, do you need to micro purchase. Well do you need to make them in any other multiplayer. It's not just EA every major multiplayer has come out with something like this so you can not and may not fault them.

And now I come to the part where I get to be an mean. I don't know when you preordered your copies... but my collector editions were reserved for 9 months. I was one of the first if not the first to Pre-order the collector's edition from GameStop. It was $100 to get it day one and I was happy to pay every bit of it. It made my year along with Skyrim it was my top play game.
  38. Nov 26, 2013
    It's been a year since this game was released, and still people cannot get over the ending. If I ask someone if they've ever played Mass Effect, the answer is usually a no, because they're uncultured swine, or because "The ending of 3 sucked, so I never started." I am truly disappointed with BioWare's fans. This studio gave us one of the greatest sci-fi stories (and universes) of allIt's been a year since this game was released, and still people cannot get over the ending. If I ask someone if they've ever played Mass Effect, the answer is usually a no, because they're uncultured swine, or because "The ending of 3 sucked, so I never started." I am truly disappointed with BioWare's fans. This studio gave us one of the greatest sci-fi stories (and universes) of all time. It was lauded by critics and consumers alike. People developed actually feelings toward these characters. All of this is overshadowed by an ending that disappointed. Mass Effect 3 is a good game. There, I said it! Come at me Internet! Yes, it is a little more action/shooter oriented than the previous two, but hey, it's the third installment of a trilogy. This game was aimed at hard core fans (don't you dare disagree!) and those who were breaking in to the franchise, so it's obvious that they would want to up the ante, to appeal to those action game junkies (Thanks, Activision.). But why, WHY all the hate? Please everyone, don't penalize the experience just because of a conclusion that you didn't enjoy. People would've been distraught not matter what they did. I feel like most of these negative reviews are people just getting wrapped up in the internet fervor, not actual, unbiased reviews. I personally loved the ending up through the final choice, though I feel the results should have been expanded, but guess what? They did! BioWare appeased the masses with a free-of-charge expansion that provides better clarity. Anyways, what I'm trying to say is, if, by chance, someone reads this, I hope I can inform some lucky person with an interest in RPG's to not worry and to have fun, to see through all the bitterness. I can sleep better at night knowing I introduced someone to a new, exciting world. Thanks BioWare, and Reader, ENJOY! Expand
  39. Jan 2, 2014
    Mass Effect 3 gets a bad rap, I'm here to say that it is the best of all the Mass Effect games. ME3 combines the best elements of the first two installments: it takes the vastly improved game play of Mass Effect 2 and makes it even more fluid, more stream lined and more exciting. I appreciated the slightly expanded level-up system and weapons choices, even if still lacking from the ME1Mass Effect 3 gets a bad rap, I'm here to say that it is the best of all the Mass Effect games. ME3 combines the best elements of the first two installments: it takes the vastly improved game play of Mass Effect 2 and makes it even more fluid, more stream lined and more exciting. I appreciated the slightly expanded level-up system and weapons choices, even if still lacking from the ME1 days. I didn't care for the graphics upgrade between 1 and 2, but I appreciated the overhaul in this one.

Story-wise, ME3 succeeded where its predecessor failed. The fact that BioWare decided not to encore 15 hours of utterly unengaging "team building" was a great start. The plot feels less like a grocery list, and more like an actual moving timeline, where Shepard really is interacting with the galaxy at large and taking actions that effect it. The old crew is mostly back, and the Normandy is an alliance ship again. All is right with the world. I didn't struggle to find a reason to care. This game rediscovers the clarity of purpose that the series began with.

I hear grumblings about how the Mass Effect storyline simply became too linear, and that complaint might be valid. I never said the game was perfect. I still prefer linearity to whatever the hell ME2 was supposed to be. It might not be very RPG-like with the little things it does, but it is still very much an RPG in the bigger picture. You made a lot of choices in 1 and 2 that are going to directly affect 3 and you're going to make more choices in 3. It's easy to forget how many branching story lines there are a play in this series and the kind of effort BioWare put into making sure the player feels fully invested in whichever one they might find themselves in, and as always, the script and voice acting is top notch.

Are the last 15 minutes of the game unworthy of the Mass Effect series? Yes, it's all true. It's sad to see that the ending completely lacked the thought and care that the rest of the story got throughout the saga, but the ending has it where it counts; the final mission is difficult and thrilling, even if the bits following it fail to win hearts.
  40. Jan 5, 2014
    I did not played this before extended cut expansion DLC so i don't know old ending. The game is a fair Mass effect game its content may not be as rich as ME2 but it is fun to play as a continuation.
  41. Feb 5, 2014
    A truly great ending to the Mass Effect trilogy. The extended endings help though, since it’s easier to understand what happened. Seen the original endings and they truly were identical, the new ones feel better.
    All in all, all the third game felt like a great finale to the Shepard trilogy. Definitely makes the trilogy end on a high note.
    Now, on to Mass Effect 4.
  42. Feb 27, 2014
    It's not perfect, but Mass Effect 3 is a fantastic game. It improved on ME2 in several ways and took some steps back in others, but at its core, I feel like it's a slightly different kind of game. 2 had a very personal and intimate feel, assembling an elite team for a deadly mission. 3 is much more grand and sweeping in its scale and scope, and therefore has a less focused story.

The

The gameplay has seen a steady sense of improvement throughout the series (remember how awkward the first one was to actually play?) and the RPG elements make a more pronounced appearance in the third game, though it is still largely a shooter with some skill progression. The shooting mechanics are more fluid and the weapons and abilities more diverse. The sound design and voice acting are both fantastic (mostly), as is the art design.

As for the writing, I feel like the writers manage the the more intimate and moment-to-moment writing more effectively than the large, overarching plot. the way the Normandy's crew interact with each other and move around on board makes the ship feel much more alive than ever before. There were plenty of nice touches, from meeting old friends to little in-jokes and fan service. Unfortunately it seems like the team wrote themselves into a corner with all of the branching decisions in past games, and not all of them paid off in meaningful ways.

And finally, there's the ending. I didn't like it. I thought it was a cop-out and honestly it made next to no sense and was very thematically different from the rest of the story. It was unsatisfying and some of the fan-made theories that cropped up afterwards were much better. However, I respect the creative team's position and think that DEMANDING a new ending is childish and a sign of "gamer entitlement." The extended cut made the ending as good as it could have been without fundamentally changing it and in the end, it really is about the journey and not the destination. I had a blast playing though this game as well as the whole series. ten minutes of unsatisfying drivel at the end is a bummer, but this is still one of my favourite series of all time, and I wont let that ruin the hundreds of hours that I've poured into it.

All in all, this is a Mass Effect game and I can look past awkward design choices and some poor writing to just enjoy the ride and hope for more in the future.
  43. Mar 9, 2014
    Well what to say?
    Besides the bad ending and only 3 different choices who are quite the same Bioware created in my opinion the best part of the series.
    Its clear that they have failed how the three parts come together in the end but nearly everything from 1&2 was improved. The combat and skill system kicked ass. 10/10 (but only cause i leave out the ending, this is only for the
    Well what to say?
    The combat and skill system kicked ass.

10/10 (but only cause i leave out the ending, this is only for the gameplay and athmosphere)
  44. Mar 16, 2014
    I'll try to make this short: if you are into ME games, you must buy this one. Simply because the game is pretty great. I'd risk saying its the best one of the series but the ending kinda killed the joy of many players around the world. Could've been better, but crap happens. Some people might understand it, some won't. Still, a great game and deserves the respect of being a good ME game.I'll try to make this short: if you are into ME games, you must buy this one. Simply because the game is pretty great. I'd risk saying its the best one of the series but the ending kinda killed the joy of many players around the world. Could've been better, but crap happens. Some people might understand it, some won't. Still, a great game and deserves the respect of being a good ME game. Hopefully EA/Bioware will learn from their mistakes and not screw up their next installment. By that I mean, not making redundant, bleak endings and launching day 1 DLC's. Expand
  45. May 20, 2014
    Cons:
    EA published, less RPG feel compared to the first one.
    The ending was originally so ambiguous that they had to DLC patch it. No matter what decisions you made during the course of the 3 games there’s only 3 actual endings which are kinda similar to one another. Pros: Great characters, great story, nice decision system, fun gameplay, immersive atmosphere, great sci-fi universe,
    Cons:
    EA published, less RPG feel compared to the first one.
    The ending was originally so ambiguous that they had to DLC patch it.

Pros:
    Great characters, great story, nice decision system, fun gameplay, immersive atmosphere, great sci-fi universe, politically charged & nice classes to choose from. Great & addictive multiplayer.
  46. Jun 26, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 5.1 User Score....Seriously?

As a conclusion of the trilogy is a good ending and it is in the same level of the previous chapters. This is the end of a EPIC sci-fi history drama about friendship, love, tolerance, perseverance, fight, sacrifice and life and talk about what makes human, with a lot of philosophical background. Is the game perfect? For me, yes. Because is the only game that made me to be close to jump in tears in several moments. Its full of inspiring moments.

In the third part i feel like they focused more in the narrative aspect, with a great screenplay, and althought there arent fights like previous chpaters, i didnt miss it. In the technic aspect is true that uses the same motor and textures but...why to change what it works?

Dont let the bioware haters confuse you, its a great game. How someone objective can even put a 0 or 1 to this game?? Its ridiculous. I dont know if they are angry about the end or what. Or maybe the didnt play it at all. Anyway they should go to the doctor...

About the ending is true that is a bit weird end, and maybe not what most wanted or expected, but at least is an original and unpredictable end. Not so bad as people say.
    This chapter is a solid 9 for me. The complete trilogy is a perfect 10, and the best experience ever played in a PC (and i played a lot of games along the videogame history)
  47. Jul 5, 2014
    mass effect 3 is just amazing the gameplay is just a blast one of my favorite stories but the characters aren't the best and the ending wasn't as good as anybody hoped overall amazing game with few flaws
  48. Sep 6, 2014
    I can sum this game up in one sentence....... Great game terrible ending.

Mass effect 3 takes the refined combat of ME2 and adds further improvements out of the entire trilogy I feel that ME3 has the best and most balanced combat system. The main storyline is strong right up until priority sanctuary where it takes a steep nosedive. Overall Bioware plays to its strengths ME3 has a
    I can sum this game up in one sentence....... Great game terrible ending.

The main storyline is strong right up until priority sanctuary where it takes a steep nosedive. Overall Bioware plays to its strengths ME3 has a strong cast of memorable characters and a meaningful storyline that makes ME3 a nearly perfect end to Shepard's stroyline.

That said ME3 does have its problems
    1) Fetch missions are quite lazy and feel like an afterthought to the campaign
    2) Poor animations at times characters will jerk and do physically impossible things head twisting being a memorable moment
    3)Galaxy at war was not fleshed out and had no meaningful impact other than a red/green/blue ending (expanded on slightly with the Extended cut).
    4) Kai Leng was poorly implemented and felt like a joke. Easily one of the more frustrating moments of the game given that he is made out to be your equal but is laughably stupid most of the time which makes his cutscene wins over you incredibly frustrating.
    5) A more personal one for me was the treatment of Ashley Williams she had just two scenes and was only usable after the first half of the game.

I've had this game since release but have chosen to review not to give it the score I think it deserves and not one based on the disappointment I had after release. The reason I can give it a 9/10 is due to the fact that the problems only represent 10% of the game and as such I enjoyed the other 90% enough to give it a good score.

This is a great game and even though I believe it deserves a 9/10 I cannot help but focus on the negative aspects of the game.it has to be the worst ending to a game that I have ever played. Get it right with DAI Bioware!!!!!
  49. Sep 24, 2014
    Mass Effect 3 is a phenomenal experience, and a fitting end to the Mass Effect trilogy. The stakes have never been higher, the action never as intense, and by the end of the game, when you arrive back at Earth with every fleet you've gathered and finally bring the fight to the Reapers, it would be hard to not at least cheer for the Galaxy that you've known and loved for three games,Mass Effect 3 is a phenomenal experience, and a fitting end to the Mass Effect trilogy. The stakes have never been higher, the action never as intense, and by the end of the game, when you arrive back at Earth with every fleet you've gathered and finally bring the fight to the Reapers, it would be hard to not at least cheer for the Galaxy that you've known and loved for three games, finally putting aside old grudges and conflicts to work together as a united force. Bioware also hasn't held back in the emotional scenes of Mass Effect 3, from the opening scene where a Reapers destroyer mercilessly destroys a shuttle escaping with a child on board, to the deaths of many main characters and the nightmares that Shepard goes through, this game really pulled at my heartstrings. Of course, there is the ending, which caused much controversy for its abrupt end without providing resolution to long time fans of the series, however as I only played the game after the release of the Extended Cut DLC, I was satisfied with the ending, it was not the best way to end the series, but it was fine in my honest opinion, and overall, Mass Effect 3 was one of the most amazing and compelling games I have ever had the pleasure of playing. Expand
  50. Oct 9, 2014
    I love the end of the game. It is so courageous, anti-mainstream and philosophical like a special final of a good movie. And: No, I don't also like the ending of the television series "Lost".
  51. Oct 25, 2014
    Epic is the word you will use to describe the youngest of the trilogy. Mass Effect 3 is a near-perfect ending for Bioware's huge galaxy, contains many significant improvements over its predecessors. You cannot complain about its story, its ways to develop characters, its graphic and its gameplay which focused more on RPG elements, along with remarkable voice-captures and soundtrack. It isEpic is the word you will use to describe the youngest of the trilogy. Mass Effect 3 is a near-perfect ending for Bioware's huge galaxy, contains many significant improvements over its predecessors. You cannot complain about its story, its ways to develop characters, its graphic and its gameplay which focused more on RPG elements, along with remarkable voice-captures and soundtrack. It is one of the most awesome moments in gaming history, killed a little by some of its plot hole, but you'll never forget it when it comes to the most satisfying universe's faith ever created. Expand
  52. Nov 3, 2014
    i thought this was a great game, not as good as the first story wise but just as good as the 2nd. i still think the combat in 2 and 3 are far better then the first game (the first game's combat always felt like a chore you had to trudge through. it was just horrid never a fun fight accept for the final fight with reaper Sarren)most people seem to forget that ME3 tried to bring back somei thought this was a great game, not as good as the first story wise but just as good as the 2nd. i still think the combat in 2 and 3 are far better then the first game (the first game's combat always felt like a chore you had to trudge through. it was just horrid never a fun fight accept for the final fight with reaper Sarren)most people seem to forget that ME3 tried to bring back some elements from ME like the weapon moding.
    i have no complaints about this game tho the ending left a bad taste in my mouth but i will not let that ruin the game for me like most people have.(tho i am sad my Male Shepard didn't get to settle down with Tali)
  53. Dec 17, 2014
    "Epic Defined"
    ---------------
    Mass Effect 3 is a superb game that wraps up most of the story arcs of each races across the Mass Effect universe, the storyline here is certainly better than Mass Effect 2 but it gets overwhelmed by 2's amazing characters and endgame. Shut up and listen, the great things this game does overall easily overshadows the flaws it has. ---------------
    "Epic Defined"
    Mass Effect 3 is a superb game that wraps up most of the story arcs
    of each races across the Mass Effect universe, the storyline here is
    certainly better than Mass Effect 2 but it gets overwhelmed by 2's
    amazing characters and endgame. Shut up and listen, the great things
    this game does overall easily overshadows the flaws it has.
    ---------------
    PROS:
    + Superb Storyline That Defines "Epic"
    + Difficult Choices That Decides Galaxy's Fate
    + Commendable Level Design
    + Meaningful Side Quests
    + No More Repetitive Resource Mining
    + Reputation System Is More Engaging
    + Strong Writing & Character Interactions
    + Impressive Visuals
    + Many Promotional Contents
    + Far Less Loading Times & Load Screens
    ----------------
    CONS:
    - Walks Away From Most RPG Mechanics
    - Poor Sidequest Management
    - "Day One" DLC Is Surprisingly Good
    - Lacking Squad Roster (EPIC FAIL)
    - Awful Character Creation
    - Multiplayer Feels Flat But Fun
    - Teammate AI Lacks Common Sense
    Extended Cut - 8/10
    Omega - 6/10
    Leviathan - 9/10
    Citadel - 9/10
    ================================== GAMESCORE: 9.8 - "TRIUMPH" ==================================
  54. Nov 19, 2014
    A good game with a disappointing ending. To be honest, I never really believed the hype about how every choice throughout the series would have a huge effect on the end result of the game, so in the end I wasn't really disappointed. I do think the gameplay is a nice balance of the better combat mechanics of ME2 with the customization options of ME1, though.
  55. Mar 7, 2012
    For longtime fans of the series the story doesn't disappoint, regardless of how 'dumbed down' the combat and user-interface has become since Mass Effect 1, for those invested in how there Commander Shepard's story ends, they will not be disappointed!
  56. Mar 7, 2012
    This is to all those people who have major concerns regarding Mass Effect 3, especially after Dragon Age 2 since that abomination basically killed the whole series for me. So yes, I was also worried about auto-dialogue and lack of quality textures/animations. When you begin ME3 it's hard not to cringe when Anderson is running in Vancouver.

+-But at the same time the storytelling feels

+-But at the same time the storytelling feels more fluid and immersive. I have to admit that I'm only in the Citadel at this point but no "mission completed" screens so far. Yes, there are less dialogue options but it doesn't really take away from the experience during the opening act. Conversation wheel isn't the most important thing when things are exploding and you are trying to take down enemies but if it continues like this inside hubs...well then it will be really annoying.

++I also have to say that ME3 is by no means a cakewalk. I'm playing on insanity at the moment and so far the fights have been more challenging than in ME2. The AI has clearly improved.

++You also have weapon customization so that's an improvement from ME2.

-I do dislike how you perform so many actions with only one button (spacebar). Sometimes I'm accidently rolling around like an idiot eventhough I just want to perform a simple action.

In a nutshell : Gameplay is better and visuals are not great by todays standards (I miss the film grain effect).

At this point it's a solid 7.5-8 and definitely worth a buy. :)
  57. Mar 7, 2012
    Game is good. Ofcourse it has bad grapics and animations because Bioware didn't give a single **** about it but it's interesting. I don'r remember the last time i was so interested in the game. Plot is **** but good enough to justify it. Characters are neat even if they have so much drama. I liked the game but i don't think it was the best one. ME2 is still the best in the series.
  58. Mar 8, 2012
    Just finished it, and it took me according to the game 19:10 which is roughly the same amount of time it took in the previous 2 games. While the game is great, and I really like the new combat system, it tends to get repetitive towards the end. Enemies are pretty limited in variety and missions all seem to have similar objectives. Its still worth playing although I would avoid paying fullJust finished it, and it took me according to the game 19:10 which is roughly the same amount of time it took in the previous 2 games. While the game is great, and I really like the new combat system, it tends to get repetitive towards the end. Enemies are pretty limited in variety and missions all seem to have similar objectives. Its still worth playing although I would avoid paying full price off Origin (in Australia) as it's a lot cheaper to just get it in store.

I was mildly disappointed in the lack of squad mates, for most of the game i was limited to 5, and while this will vary with some players it did seems a bit of a small selection to choose from. I won't say anything about the story apart from that I enjoyed it, but not as much as the first installment, but it is still at the typical Bioware standard. While I haven't bought the DLC I really do not see it as being a major problem it really just like any other paid DLC in the mass effect series, while it adds new information and interesting things about the mass effect universe. It is in no way required to enjoy the story and you will not notice its missing presence.

Overall a decent ending to a great series, well worth your time and money, but by no means perfect.
  59. Mar 8, 2012
    I've only been playing for five hours and I'm hooked. SP is fantastic -- the plot, dialogue, visual effects, leveling, fighting -- and MP looks promising too. All the meaningless 0 scores this game suffers on Metacritic -- just ignore them. I played around 200 hours between ME and ME2, I've played KOTOR, I've played DAO and DA2, I'm a lover of the FPS of Crysis and the legendary RPGI've only been playing for five hours and I'm hooked. SP is fantastic -- the plot, dialogue, visual effects, leveling, fighting -- and MP looks promising too. All the meaningless 0 scores this game suffers on Metacritic -- just ignore them. I played around 200 hours between ME and ME2, I've played KOTOR, I've played DAO and DA2, I'm a lover of the FPS of Crysis and the legendary RPG series, Diablo 2. This game easily trumps them all. Especially if you're a lover of the lore because you've played through the earlier games in the series. Don't cheat yourself. Buy the first one and play it through, then the second, then the third. They're all excellent and I can't think of a more compelling universe ever made -- Star Wars only gets props because it was first (and Middle Earth too, of course). And ME3 will still be around 100 hours of gameplay afterward when you've properly prepared yourself for it, to enjoy it for all it's worth. Expand
  60. Mar 12, 2012
    ...Every day, with every post i see on BSN, I'm starting to be more and more certain: bioware planned everything. They are geniuses, and the knew how fans are going to react. They hid the clues, they knew we are going to unravel the thing, piece everything together. I pity people who are going to finish the game in the future, because they'll not experience the evolution that is happening...Every day, with every post i see on BSN, I'm starting to be more and more certain: bioware planned everything. They are geniuses, and the knew how fans are going to react. They hid the clues, they knew we are going to unravel the thing, piece everything together. I pity people who are going to finish the game in the future, because they'll not experience the evolution that is happening on the forums, and in everones mind. I recommend every single person who finished the game to join Bioware Social Network in 'Story and Camaign discussion'.
    I'm raising my rating from 1 to 6 now, and when everything people think is confirmed, I'm going to give the game 10 out of 10. BW, you are amazing.
  61. Mar 9, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What I liked: Weapons and Armor choices were good, but no real details on the weapon upgrades before buying and limited to 2 mods didn't make any sense.
    Graphics and Combat improved but overuse of spacebar still a problem, got killed too often for standing when I wanted to crouch
    Squad members have better powers but combat AI is still limited, they can often stand right next to you as you get shot in the back and not do a thing to help - attack/guard commands would be helpful at a bare minimum
    What I really didn't like: (Spoiler Alert)
    Couple of glaring oversights and poor storyline choices: Romanced Tali in ME2 and 3, she was hesitant but ultimately accepted Legion, yet as a respected Quarian Admiral, when faced with the freeing of the Geth, resorts to complete cowardice and suicide? Even with decently high Paragon score, unable to convince anyone otherwise. OK, Geth Alliance, Quarian mass extinction - BUT, later before the final battle, Tali joins me in the Captains Cabin for a last interlude?, or was she a GHOST? but she's dead I'm telling myself... In the end, I chose to detroy Reapers, and with it go all the Mass Relays AND Synthetic life such as the Geth whom I had previously allied. Final movie shows Mass Relays exploding, and sending the Normandy crashing - presumably from all the Tech being destroyed - My argument is this, with All the Synthetic life destroyed, with the Normandy effectively destroyed, WTF is Edi doing walking off the Normandy - what is she if not Synthetic life? With her main systems on the Normandy trashed, she should be non-functional.
    Limited Romance Choices, really wanted to go for the reporter...

P.S. ME1 was great if a little tiring with all the walking... ME2 was near perfection...
  62. Mar 9, 2012
    Before playing Mass Effect 3 , i went through the first two installments once more with a completley new character in order to have the "Mass Effect" expirience fresh in my mind and for better or worse i could judge ME 3 better comparing it to the previous games so here are my 2 cents : This game confuses the hell out of me in terms of quality , there where plenty of moments where my jawBefore playing Mass Effect 3 , i went through the first two installments once more with a completley new character in order to have the "Mass Effect" expirience fresh in my mind and for better or worse i could judge ME 3 better comparing it to the previous games so here are my 2 cents : This game confuses the hell out of me in terms of quality , there where plenty of moments where my jaw dropped as the story progressed , and there others that felt out of place , forced upon me (but the bad ones weren't that many in my opinion).While the quality of the story is good , it feels like i've taken more of a backseat in this 3rd game because it is more streamlined (a thing that i do not understand , this was the chance for BW to go all out on decision making since its the last game , and didn't have to worry about the hellish writing that would have entailed into making a 4th installment) .I could go on for some time about the pro's and cons but to make it short : The story is fantastic , the score that accompanies it is marvellous , there are a few plotholes that will annoy fans of the series , don't think will bother those who just want to play this last one. The gameplay mechanics are decent , but ME was never supposed to be about the shooting part , they've put in some more rpg elements (not that much really) but its still better then ME2 in that area. The graphics are good , definetly not ugly taking into consideration its based on a 7 year old engine. The score as i said previously , is fantastic the voice acting is what you would expect from the previous games ( Great) but seems less of it . To be fair , i knew that Bioware had a tough job in front of them in wrapping up this trilogy , they set the bar high with the quality of the previous games and an ever harder job pleasing the fans (myself included) regarding the end of the trilogy . While the game indeed wraps up this fantastic series , and answers many questions it also raised new ones , leaving me longing for more , as such i believe this game should have a place in your collection because it definetly deserves it , but at the same time it does leave you "hanging" Expand
  63. Mar 9, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love this game! Mass Effect 3!
    I enjoyed ME2 a lot. I haven't played ME1. Its too outdated graphics looking old game. ME3 has a good solid story and RPG ish elements. I like the combat system a lot with the power abilities. Many classes.
    I love Garrus
  64. Mar 9, 2012
    The bad:
    1) Relationships were pretty rubbish
    2) Jack and Miranda barely had any lines 3) You can't have a Krogan on your squad 4) Some graphics glitches Other than that, I think it was the best game in the series by far. I can see where everyone is coming from when they criticize the ending, but that is because they're basing their reviews on some ludicrously high imaginary standard. As
    The bad:
    1) Relationships were pretty rubbish
    2) Jack and Miranda barely had any lines
    3) You can't have a Krogan on your squad
    4) Some graphics glitches

Other than that, I think it was the best game in the series by far. I can see where everyone is coming from when they criticize the ending, but that is because they're basing their reviews on some ludicrously high imaginary standard. As it is bioware has put out an excellent game that is still far superior to most other games on the market right now. Other people seem to be upset because their shepherd decisions ultimately don't impact the ending - to which I can only respond - *obviously*. You're in a life or death conflict on a galactic scale. I don't see why your petty conversations should impact the fate of the *galaxy*. I enjoyed this game a lot, and the multiplayer is loads of fun. Storyline was great, had a good buildup, and handled suspense very well. My only criticism, in addition to the list above would be that I felt there could have been more. It was a phenomenal game, but knowing bioware I think they could have done better. For that reason and the reasons above I give this game an 8/10.
  65. Mar 10, 2012
    Just in a few words: this game was killed by crappy ending.. I like everything in this game, from the beginnig and up to the end. Awesome cut scenes, good writing, interesting plot-everything we loved in previous games of this series. Also, graphics and combat system were improved. It's very dynamic and spectacular. Everything was alright.. until the ending. It kills not only this game.Just in a few words: this game was killed by crappy ending.. I like everything in this game, from the beginnig and up to the end. Awesome cut scenes, good writing, interesting plot-everything we loved in previous games of this series. Also, graphics and combat system were improved. It's very dynamic and spectacular. Everything was alright.. until the ending. It kills not only this game. It kills every game of the series at all. It kills every decision i've done from the first part. I didn't expected to see happy end, it would be too naive, but i didn't expected to see THIS! (Despite the fact that i had the best ending). Every ending is awful, i saw it on youtube. I was a biggest fan of BioWare.. Until now. Go to hell, Mass Effect 3, you made me cry.. Expand
  66. Mar 10, 2012
    I haven't had such an emotional experience from a sci-fi game before, and believe me, I've played quite a few of them. Mass Effect 3 is where everything in ME1 and ME2 falls into place. While not completely perfect, its still one of the best games I've played. Heres a comprehensive breakdown of what I think about the game:

Graphics: Its engine is pretty much the same as Mass Effect 2's,

Graphics:
    Its engine is pretty much the same as Mass Effect 2's, with a small overall tweak to make everything prettier when it needs to, and bleaker when the situation calls for it. Weapons firing, explosions all have that oomph and everything looks very polished from beginning to the end. It may not have reached the standards that the latest and greatest have, but it still looks very nice. I've noticed a few texture loading issues, but it doesn't detract from the overall experience too much. Lip synch is an occasional issue as well, slightly amplified by the game's focus on dialogue, but really, it doesn't really damage the game all that much.

Story
    I wonder why everyone hates the last 5 minutes. Personally, I thought it was such a powerful and emotional experience. I get that your 'training' didn't matter, but it IS a partial RPG game, not a pure shooter. Anyway, the whole thing was epic, powerful, and got me quite emotionally invested. Unexpected twists in unexpected places that involve unexpected people constantly kept me from being bored, and many situations and repercussions from the first two games kept the nostalgia going. There are some plot points that didn't satisfy me, but these are minor details. The ending was quite unexpected from a game like this, and personally it was quite satisfying. It does however hurt replay value, since it is quite drawn out.

Gameplay
    Bioware seems to have taken the shooter portion of ME3 all the way. Headshots, accuracy, cover.. all the bells and whistles of the modern shooter seems to have found its way into the game. Improved AI made fighting a more interesting experience then before. There are some questionable decisions like rocket troopers and snipers that take your shield down nearly immediately, making it life difficult players who want to charge in and melee everything. The new player skill-centric combat also makes the previously useful allies less effective. Often, the only reason I take a character over another in a mission is because I believed they would have some interesting reaction to the mission (e.g. original cast in a familiar place), or, if there is no such connections, a single ability I would like to use against specific enemies, like Overload against shields. Its still fun, but its less ... Mass Effect, for lack of a better phrase. The improved AI also made some biotic skills really powerful, and some really useless. For example, in my playthrough, Shockwave has become so difficult to hit anything that I stopped leveling it, while Overload, being instant and potentially kills anything with one hit, became really powerful. I really hate the new husks by the way, they're annoying and doesn't give any sense of satisfaction.

Sound
    Great music, great sound effects. The orchestral score, with the techy feel, adds to the impact of the whole game. No game quite moved me the way the end of the first sequence did, especially with the emotionally charged music playing. One can find that portion of the game in the free demo, just a quick fyi. Sound effects pack punch, gun fire, lasers, huge ass cannons, grenades, all explode and shoot with the oomph that one expects from a Bioware game. Voices are done very well, with the all star cast performing admirably. There is this odd need where I had to crank my speakers way up, but that might just be my setup.

Multiplayer
    I've never really played Horde mode before, so I don't really know what most reviewers are talking about. Anyway, ME3 Multiplayer has you teaming up with three other guys to fight waves after waves of enemies. Your performance is determined as a team, how well you did, with things like not dying as bonuses, headshotting alot, using a certain weapon, etc. Its limited to a single mode, with a bunch of maps. Each wave can consist of different objectives, including kill everything, defend a point, kill specific targets, activate a bunch of nodes. Its not as exciting as a PVP multiplayer, but it entertains for awhile. It has a side goal of increasing Galactic Readiness percentage, which may or may not impact the ending you get. I'm not really sure if its possible to get the best ending without multiplayer, but looking at my own playthrough its a tall order.

Conclusion
    Its not the best game ever made, but it certainly doesn't deserve the 1s and 2s that meta users are giving it. I liked how they took ME1 and 2 decisions into considerations, and it boggles my mind how much data it needed to take into consideration, since I'm a game programmer. In short, its a great last entry to a great trilogy. =)
  67. Mar 10, 2012
    Im surprised by the user review of this game. Even though i believe the critic review is normally to high, or "bought out", this game is by no means a 10, but is also by no means a 0-5. It isnt perfect, but its a fun game, the story falls short of the first 2, but the game play is right up there. I think the people giving the low scores are focusing their entire reviews around the few badIm surprised by the user review of this game. Even though i believe the critic review is normally to high, or "bought out", this game is by no means a 10, but is also by no means a 0-5. It isnt perfect, but its a fun game, the story falls short of the first 2, but the game play is right up there. I think the people giving the low scores are focusing their entire reviews around the few bad things about the game. I had a very enjoyable 30 hours my first time through and i plan to do it again right away! Would recommend this game to all action/rpg fans, and even more so to previous ME fans! Expand
  68. Mar 11, 2012
    The game is an absolute masterpiece through through the beginning to the climax. However, in the end it becomes apparent that the writers had a vision for a sort of Greek tragedy for the series, complete with a deus ex machina and endings that vary from "really dark" to "kinda dark." There is no happy ending, no real catharsis for Shepard. However, it is not the darkness that bothers me asThe game is an absolute masterpiece through through the beginning to the climax. However, in the end it becomes apparent that the writers had a vision for a sort of Greek tragedy for the series, complete with a deus ex machina and endings that vary from "really dark" to "kinda dark." There is no happy ending, no real catharsis for Shepard. However, it is not the darkness that bothers me as much as the execution of the resolution. It feels so convoluted and illogical considering the themes and narratives that have taken place through the 3 games. In fact, it would make more sense to me if the so called "resolution" turned out to all be a dream. The game itself is very good. The level design was much improved over previous installments, and storytelling wise they generally did an excellent job creating a story that could account for all the possible Shepards. Not everyone from previous games are available as squadmates, but I felt they generally all got enough screen time to do good by the fans. Overall, it was a very engrossing and enjoyable experience, up until the last 5 minutes or so. Because of that, I have to bump it down from a 10/10 to an 8/10. Expand
  69. Mar 11, 2012
    All in all a decent game, nothing special. Good voice acting, decent graphics/sound, memorable charcarters (good and bad) and a somewhat thought through story. I dont get the why people are so angry about the endings? Yeah they arent happy, with kittens on the top, but so what? I would rate this game at 6, but since Lance Henriksen is thrown into the mix.... I cant help it: 8 points to Mr. Bishop.
  70. Mar 11, 2012
    This is more Mass Effect in every way. If you enjoyed the first two games, I can see no reason why you would not enjoy this game. It has the same epic story, solid characterization, and awesome ambiance that made Mass Effect great. Sure it has its weak areas but this game is without question worth a lot more than the 3.5 user rating that it currently has here.
  71. Mar 14, 2012
    The start of the game does a poor job at setting the atmosphere, this doesn't hold and the mid to later parts of the game are fantastic. But the end simply didn't work for a story with so much personal investment in the trilogy. I can say for sure that no game has ever elicited a stronger emotional response from me but ultimately it's left me feeling rather negative. Could have beenThe start of the game does a poor job at setting the atmosphere, this doesn't hold and the mid to later parts of the game are fantastic. But the end simply didn't work for a story with so much personal investment in the trilogy. I can say for sure that no game has ever elicited a stronger emotional response from me but ultimately it's left me feeling rather negative. Could have been utterly amazing but blew it at the last hurdle. Expand
  72. Mar 11, 2012
    Great journey, great story, amazing storytelling and satisfying narration. Too bad the disastrous, illogical, inconclusive, retarded and shameful ending(s) brought down not only the whole game but also your whole adventure through all three games. In the final minutes of the amazing story of Shepard, the critically acclaimed choices made through all games are forgotten in favor of anGreat journey, great story, amazing storytelling and satisfying narration. Too bad the disastrous, illogical, inconclusive, retarded and shameful ending(s) brought down not only the whole game but also your whole adventure through all three games. In the final minutes of the amazing story of Shepard, the critically acclaimed choices made through all games are forgotten in favor of an arbitrary choice between three generic and uninspiring endings. Expand
  73. Apr 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After finishing the game, I do have to say that the ending was good and bad. It really struck home in the emotional aspect but the fact that there's no way to save Shepard and that fact that all three endings are identical besides some colors and graphics overlays, makes me disappointed. It also seems like NOTHING I did throughout the game really had any effect on the ending. All that time spent gathering resources and military strength didn't really do anything except unlock ending options. I still loved the entire game but it definitely could have been better. Expand
  74. Mar 12, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Game itself is almost perfect. I think even better then mass effect 2. The problem is that i am na huge fan of franchise and i played everything related to this game, so i expected good ending based on all choices and effort i made during previous game-play. That didn't happened. Last ten minutes of game came from blue and reduced everything to three choices. I was dissapointed and don't want to play it again. Expand
  75. Mar 12, 2012
    I didn't like how the game had day1 dlc, but that the only thing i didn't like (and btw if u just change an ini file u can unlock the dlc) anyways everything else is good about this game, multi-player is good, single-player was awesome, except how the multilayer affected the single-player, anyways i loved almost everything about it, even the ending, a real ending to a game for once.
  76. Mar 12, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When I first read of the low scores on MetaCritic, I assumed that the fuss was over the Day One DLC, and that gamers were venting (wrongfully, imo) by bombing the site with low scores. While the Day One DLC still has a lot of people steamed, it's clear now that the real problem is the ending(s) of the game. The problem is not that it's negative/sad/depressing/somber/etc., but that it was really poorly implemented (almost identical video for three endings? WTF?), that it really doesn't offer Shepard a choice that's in character, it doesn't give players closure on what happens to everyone (NPCs, the rest of the galaxy, Earth itself...), it dismisses almost all of the choices the player made in the game and in fact is so brief that it feels like it was just tacked on at the 11th hour. Don't even get me started on how multiplayer is shoved down the player's throat if they want to achieve the "best" possible ending--I could be wrong on that, but my bar was green all the way and Shep still went down hard. Anyway, I'm giving a good score (not great, but good) because the other 95% or so is simply some of the best storytelling Bioware has done, and the voice over work and characters are employed to tell this last part of the tale so well. To have a single game generate such a strong emotional reaction from its fanbase speaks very well of how well it was crafted--which is all the more reason why so many are angry at the final ten minutes or so. Anyway, hope Metacritic doesn't cut out all of the negative reviews here, because they're passing a message loud and clear to the developer and publisher about what the fanbase/formerly loyal customers consider to be really half-assed work. Want to sell some DLC? Fix it. Expand
  77. Mar 13, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 seems to have a lot of haters. I see no reason to give it a low score for the early DLC and I'm not even going to waste my time explaining why, as for the ending I understand why people are mad about it and it may take off some points, but you can't pretend you didn't enjoy the game over the grudge of not getting the ending you dreamed of. I do however, agree that this wasMass Effect 3 seems to have a lot of haters. I see no reason to give it a low score for the early DLC and I'm not even going to waste my time explaining why, as for the ending I understand why people are mad about it and it may take off some points, but you can't pretend you didn't enjoy the game over the grudge of not getting the ending you dreamed of. I do however, agree that this was not the best game in the series for the story. It is however a great game overall from the amount of fun I've had playing through it. The action was intense, the story wasn't the greatest but I still enjoyed it, and of course they always fixed the problems with the last game, so overall Mass Effect 3 is a solid shooter RPG and still an essential game to the series. They may have made choice making less noticeable of importance, and of course focused more on the combat rather than the love of the story, which I believe was a big mistake. However, I still enjoyed the game very much and feel that I've gotten a good game for my money. They could have improved on the story, choice making, and of course not done a half ass job on the ending. Though I have to say if anything, this game deserves to be in the green. It's not as amazing as Mass Effect 2, but it's not a failure either. Expand
  78. Mar 14, 2012
    Great game. Yeah it is not perfect sometimes the dialogues feel dull, there is absolutely no innovation and the last 15 minutes of the game really sucks including the endgame cut scene. But overall this a great game. The story besides the ending is wonderful. Action part of the game is good and the multiplayer is decent. If you are expecting an action third person shooter with a greatGreat game. Yeah it is not perfect sometimes the dialogues feel dull, there is absolutely no innovation and the last 15 minutes of the game really sucks including the endgame cut scene. But overall this a great game. The story besides the ending is wonderful. Action part of the game is good and the multiplayer is decent. If you are expecting an action third person shooter with a great story and few rpg elements or if you like Mass Effect 2 this is a game for you. Expand
  79. Mar 14, 2012
    I get where people are coming from with the hate, but it's not about the ending, it's about the journey. And as a game ME3 is a really one thing apart. The missions are varied, the characters are (once again) solid. There are really memorable missions, and some moments that would evoke some man-tears. Bioware manages to create some epic scenes, which surpasses everything you've seen inI get where people are coming from with the hate, but it's not about the ending, it's about the journey. And as a game ME3 is a really one thing apart. The missions are varied, the characters are (once again) solid. There are really memorable missions, and some moments that would evoke some man-tears. Bioware manages to create some epic scenes, which surpasses everything you've seen in ME2. (The battle for the Citadel was still the best moment in the entire series in my opinion.)

If you loved ME1, and liked ME2, you surely will enjoy at least ME3.
    The ending is probably entirely different from what you might expect; it lacks closure. Yes, there are some plotholes in the final hour of the game. But it's still a solid gold game. The characters I've grown fond of my not have said their goodbyes to me in a way i would like, and in the end, all your choices don't really matter to anyone, except for when ME4 comes out.
  80. Mar 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In preparation for this release I played through Mass Effect 1 and 2. As with the first time I played the games I was impressed by their storytelling, gameplay, and general polish. The choices I made felt like they affected the game world in a variety of ways and my interactions with various characters changed the tone of the story, even if the inevitable confrontation with Saren and the Collectors was preordained. Opening up Mass Effect 3, the first thing that struck me was that the weight of all of my previous decisions was built into the game. Every character I saved in Mass Effect 2 remembers me and the trials we went through, those that I didn't save were conspicuously absent. The sympathy I showed the Rachni in ME1 was put to the test early, and my 90+ hours of trying to fix the genophage finally met fruition. At times the choices in this game can be paralyzing- Bioware has done a good job of making the options true "tough choices"- set against the backdrop of trying to rally the various races and military forces in the universe together to fight the reapers, Shephard must occasionally decide between those things which help the war effort and those things which are the "good" thing to do. You'll learn this early on when asked to send biotic children to the front lines or not- Do you take this powerful weapon that risks the lives of a group of gangly teenagers, or do you keep them safely away from the front lines? Do you make your military stronger, or do you preserve your humanity?

The ending requires special mention because I think that it is unfairly maligned. It is not a "happy ending". Shephard does not fly off into the sunset, a woman (or man) on his arm, smiling confidently as his enemies erupt in flame behind him. This is the end of the story, and "success" is measured in terms of humanity's survival not Shephard's. The emotional impact of ending the story is artfully done, and in many ways the cries that have come up from the community are the result of actually being impacted by a game's ending (which is not something the gaming community is used to).

As for the plot holes that people talk about, I urge players to play through the entire series if they are legitimately aggrieved. Sovereign's dialog explains much of the Reaper's motivations, as does the Collector dialog in ME2. It makes perfect sense so long as you assume that the Reapers aren't lying about their motivations or intent.
  81. Mar 15, 2012
    Fantastic finale to a series I have enjoyed from beginning to end. A gripping story as usual and a satisfying ending to the trilogy. Some minor flaws that don't take away from a thoroughly enjoyable gaming experience.

Excellent gunfights with a decent cover system. Interesting characters (new and returning) with unique and fascinating backgrounds and fates. Some choices you make actually do seem to have significant consequences on the final outcome. Well-paced action with lots of side missions to keep you busy between completing primary objectives. Completing every aspect of the game can take upwards of 20 hours for full completion. Satisfying ending options that bring the Mass Effect trilogy to an epic conclusion.

Some negatives include the fact that there is no significant improvement in visuals. Pretty environments and models more graphics options and higher-resolution textures in some areas would have been nice (eg. armor and player bodies in general). Some minor graphical glitches and missing textures but nothing too serious. Some side missions descriptions are a little unclear as to what your objective is and how to accomplish it. Also, some way to keep track of an inventory of items you've collected for side missions would have been nice.

Overall, I was very happy with this game and how it brought the Mass Effect trilogy to a close. The story is just as good as it was in the first two games, the graphics are pretty good, and there aren't any game-breaking flaws. It really gives you the sense that the fate of every sentent being in the galaxy is resting on your decisions. I recommend this game especially to someone who has played the previous installments.
  82. Mar 16, 2012
    The gameplay of this game is great, it builds on both of the previous games and refines the gameplay into a perfect, challenging whole. The story for the most part is great, really great, it has emotions and is really engaging and the characterisation is great. However then you get to the last 15 minutes of the game it it ruins everything. It was great up to there, but then it gets ruined,The gameplay of this game is great, it builds on both of the previous games and refines the gameplay into a perfect, challenging whole. The story for the most part is great, really great, it has emotions and is really engaging and the characterisation is great. However then you get to the last 15 minutes of the game it it ruins everything. It was great up to there, but then it gets ruined, a great game up to that point, but the ending sequence leaves a sour taste in your mouth. Expand
  83. Mar 16, 2012
    Too much EA not enough Bioware.

Too much EA not enough Bioware.

The previous game (ME1&2) decisions have very little quantifiable effect, seems like rather than implementing all of the carry over they just fake it by having some scripted vocal moments acknowledged the decision, but to add no over all game effect. The combat and character building further builds on ME2 and is slightly improved. The weapons selection felt about right, and the class system feels about the same as ME2, maybe more refined and defined. The story starts strong and seems to hold up until you realize that you spend more of the game dealing with Cerberus and building the army than actually fighting the reapers. The army build felt generic and ineffectual on the very short battle for against the reapers. The fight for earth was also extremely short and disappointing. I was also let down by the ending but I won't spoil it.

Overall, it doesn't seem like they made the game they set out to. The decision and force/team building mechanics felt partially implemented, or implemented to give the illusion of choice/consequence. The game is suppose to be about the battle for earth, but there really is no battle, there is a war, but the player doesn't get to enjoy much of it. The ultimate resolution also felt very generic, a little to "chosen one" for my taste. It is a decent game for $60 and the DLC does add to the experience but overall it was a slight letdown having played ME2 for the first time a few days before ME3 launched and immediately transitioning to ME3.
  84. Mar 17, 2012
    Game is very enjoyable overall. The production quality is absolutely epic. Pros: Gorgeous graphics, great sound and voice acting, fun missions and well written for the most part. Cons: Some really annoying bugs like Shepard getting stuck in the **** talking to Joker and cover fire bugs getting stuck while trying to run a gauntlet take away from the fun a little. I was veryGame is very enjoyable overall. The production quality is absolutely epic. Pros: Gorgeous graphics, great sound and voice acting, fun missions and well written for the most part. Cons: Some really annoying bugs like Shepard getting stuck in the **** talking to Joker and cover fire bugs getting stuck while trying to run a gauntlet take away from the fun a little. I was very disappointed with the ending - the whole game felt just awesome and the production quality of the ending was superb but the ending itself was such an enormous anti-climax. Maybe there'll be some reason to the choices made that are evident later in Mass Effect 4. Another amazing title overall from the Bioware stable. Expand
  85. Mar 17, 2012
    Mass effect is an amazing series, and ME3 does well to live up to it's stirling reputation. While the plot has a few holes in it, anyone thinking that the first 2 did not, is sadly blinded by fanboyism. The game retains the move towards 3rd person shooter that the series made in 2, this feels more fluid and clean. The inclusion of MP added some life to the game, but beyond affecting myMass effect is an amazing series, and ME3 does well to live up to it's stirling reputation. While the plot has a few holes in it, anyone thinking that the first 2 did not, is sadly blinded by fanboyism. The game retains the move towards 3rd person shooter that the series made in 2, this feels more fluid and clean. The inclusion of MP added some life to the game, but beyond affecting my Galactic Readiness, I cant see myself playing this for long.
    While a great many people are upset with the ending, I found it to be quite satisfactory. You'd swear that the ending was "it's all a dream and everything you been through is for nothing". But the game ends with a conclusion to the current story, and leaves the future very much in the air. All in all, a great game, of the spirit of Star Control 2. Just dont expect perfection. The minor holes in Plot, and bugs in the game keep my scone below the 9, it would otherwise deserve.
  86. Mar 18, 2012
    Okay, I get it. You didn't like the ending. You didn't have that many choices. I understand. People fail to realize that this game is about the art of story telling that has player input, not that this is a story that the player has control of, making it dance like a marionette. This game is a beautiful work of art with fast-paced and innovative gameplay. The three-game story arc immersesOkay, I get it. You didn't like the ending. You didn't have that many choices. I understand. People fail to realize that this game is about the art of story telling that has player input, not that this is a story that the player has control of, making it dance like a marionette. This game is a beautiful work of art with fast-paced and innovative gameplay. The three-game story arc immerses you in a world that is so detailed and lifelike that you can't help get lost in it, and to me, that's what's important. Meaningful characters, intricate gameplay, and RPG-style player input all add together to create probably my favorite game of all time. And remember, folks: the ending of the game isn't the entire game. Expand
  87. Mar 26, 2012
    I don't understand the negative user reviews for ME III. I think the professional critics are correct to rate it highly. I'm an experienced gamer for RPGs and MMORPGs, and I consider ME III to rate among the highest in emotional impact. The weaknesses I would cite are minor. I would certainly recommend playing the first two episodes in the series because that facilitates understanding theI don't understand the negative user reviews for ME III. I think the professional critics are correct to rate it highly. I'm an experienced gamer for RPGs and MMORPGs, and I consider ME III to rate among the highest in emotional impact. The weaknesses I would cite are minor. I would certainly recommend playing the first two episodes in the series because that facilitates understanding the story and developing an emotional attachment to certain NPCs. Episode III has a complex plot in which individual missions can have enough emotional impact that I need to rest between them. It's not primarily a shooter, more an extended drama in which you control the plot dynamics to a respectable degree. I strongly recommend this to grownup gamers who are attracted to space opera. I will agree that the ending was the weakest part of the series. Part of my disappointment relates to the passivity... if I wanted to watch TV I would do that; gaming is better than TV because it makes you active in shaping the dramatic experience. I gather EA is working on improving the ending and I hope they'll find ways to make it snappier! Expand
  88. Mar 18, 2012
    ME3 was a genuinely enjoyable experience as far as games go. I prize control freedom above most other attributes of a game, and Bioware has nearly perfected the combat controls with this final edition of the series. I rarely felt as if my character was getting hung up on walls or doing things that I wasn't commanding it to do. ME3 is going to define the RPG/Shooter hybrid genera goingME3 was a genuinely enjoyable experience as far as games go. I prize control freedom above most other attributes of a game, and Bioware has nearly perfected the combat controls with this final edition of the series. I rarely felt as if my character was getting hung up on walls or doing things that I wasn't commanding it to do. ME3 is going to define the RPG/Shooter hybrid genera going forward. In terms of gameplay, there is nothing to dislike about ME3. The game is at least as big as ME2 and the stunning graphics and audio really pull you into the universe. There is absolutely no reason that this game doesn't deserve a solid 10/10... if you were to consider only the game-side of ME3. The only reason why I'm giving the game an 8/10 is because I, like many others, didn't really appreciate the story's flustered conclusion. I don't expect RPG's to read like an Orson Scott Card novel, but the end of Mass Effect was truly one of the most disappointing endings of any book series that I've read or any game series that I've played in recent years. The ending felt rushed, poorly imagined, and anticlimactic.. It didn't give me the feeling of accomplishment that a 5-year long trilogy probably should have given. The ending also pens (in neon ink, underlined, and in bold) the penultimate closure to the series. It's difficult to imagine Bioware trying to create a new story arc around ME3's ending, which tells me that they want to ditch the franchise entirely, which frankly would make zero sense from a business point of view. Anyway... all of this shouldn't scare you away from the game. ME3 is absolutely worth playing, and I highly recommend it. Expand
  89. Mar 19, 2012
    Community drama and imagined personal slights aside, it's a really good game that suffers from a general lack of production rigor. If you've played any recent Bioware game, you should have some feel for what I mean. Gameplay is excellent except for the buggy/grind filled ME1 style side quests and journal problems, though not as bad as ME1. The dialog and cinematics are some of the bestCommunity drama and imagined personal slights aside, it's a really good game that suffers from a general lack of production rigor. If you've played any recent Bioware game, you should have some feel for what I mean. Gameplay is excellent except for the buggy/grind filled ME1 style side quests and journal problems, though not as bad as ME1. The dialog and cinematics are some of the best in the series. The dialog can be hackneyed in places, and there are some cinematic bugs, but it's 90% gravy. The last 10 minutes of the game have some really bad presentation issues, and they tread roughshod over sensitive ground. Watch the ending(s) on YouTube before you play if you're a fan of the series. Expand
  90. Mar 19, 2012
    This was a solid game. It was thoroughly fun for most of the game. I loved the combat gameplay, the customization options with the armor, guns, squad, and RPG skill tree. What i was less than happy with was that so many of the missions that were sidequests were simply to fly your ship to another galaxy and click on a planet and find the spot and click. I would much rather have had theThis was a solid game. It was thoroughly fun for most of the game. I loved the combat gameplay, the customization options with the armor, guns, squad, and RPG skill tree. What i was less than happy with was that so many of the missions that were sidequests were simply to fly your ship to another galaxy and click on a planet and find the spot and click. I would much rather have had the squad actually go onto the planet, have to fight my way to the prize and then obtain it. It would've made the side missions much more fun and extended the re-playability of the game. Another thing is they should have allowed for you to have an option to skip cinematic scenes instead of forcing you to watch certain ones. Overall though this was a very fun game that had the potential to be great with a few tweaks. Bioware did a good job with this one. The ending that everyone is getting upset over is something I do not understand. I had no issue with there being a conclusion to the character and played through all three endings. This was the best shooter/RPG I have played since Borderlands was released and I was pleased with it overall. Expand
  91. Mar 20, 2012
    I absolutely loved ME3. Best in trilogy, boy what a journey. They really pulled it off. Large scale epicness all the way. Really blew me away. I had not expected that at all. And I don't understand the hate about the ending at all. I loved the ending and seeing what happened to the Normandy (without spoiling anything).

One aspect of the game that's really disappointing is the Multiplayer

One aspect of the game that's really disappointing is the Multiplayer though. Huge letdown. It almost made me cry. We don't need another damn survival game with endless of enemy waves, with no real purpose. It gets real old, real fast. No dedicated servers, no chat system(besides voice), no real goal, stupid random unlocking system. Different enemies, yes, but in the end it makes no different. Different maps, yes, but in the end they're exactly the same in different colors and backgrounds.

Where's the co-op missions? cause this can't be it. I really hope it will be added later on. If you're gonna add Multiplayer, you better do it right!
  92. Mar 20, 2012
    Let me clarify at this point that I have always been a big sci-fi fan in all forms it comes (I love star trek, Arthur Clarke and Isaac Asimov novels etc) so I became in love with the ME universe since the 10 first gameplay minutes of the first one. I bought the game 3 days after its European release so I was full of user critic terror about it's quality. Now that I have complete it I couldLet me clarify at this point that I have always been a big sci-fi fan in all forms it comes (I love star trek, Arthur Clarke and Isaac Asimov novels etc) so I became in love with the ME universe since the 10 first gameplay minutes of the first one. I bought the game 3 days after its European release so I was full of user critic terror about it's quality. Now that I have complete it I could say that it really was a descent and fun game to play. Yes, there were bugs. Yes, there are plot holes. Yes, the all multiplayer thing is a mess. Yes, it has lost almost all the RPG elements ME1 used to have. But it was Mass Effect all right. The story and cutscenes are amazing, the gameplay and graphics are great (if you don't like many explosions and surround sound effects in your game you should ask for Steel Magnolias: The game).The hardcore-RPG fans may wait in tremor for their beloved upcoming point-and-click action of Diablo 3 but they have no right to call it â Expand
  93. Mar 21, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am deeply dissapointed with all the other reviews on this site, most of them focus on one thing. or 2

First off you don't give your rating to a game because of it's ending and it's ending only. Don't do that, nor day 1 DLC that does not matter of the quality of the game only the price.

A good review focuses on 3 Main things

-Graphics
    -Story
    And most importantly
    - The gameplay.

They give all the Pros and Cons of all 3 main things.
    Now what's with the people bashing on CoD on a Mass Effect 3 Review? seriously? you can mention a game on a review only IF the game has something to do about it. But i'm afraid that Mass Effect 3 has NOTHING to do with Call Of Duty. So enough

Now for my Review: (I will only review the singleplayer for now)

Part 1-

The Graphics

The Graphics got some detail improvements that you can't really notice untill you look at it. The textures on the character resolutions are better, the shadows are crisper than mass effect 2. The level designs are sound way less linear, it gives you some space to move around in many different places, and they look good

However, there are some 2D pictures you can see at the beggining of the game that really dissapoints you. Apparently Bioware haven't spent much time improving the background details that they should have.
    The running animation doesn't look natural, it looks more like "Creature-ish". However the Cutscene animations are better than the in-game ones.

Summing the Graphics up

+ Higher resolution character detail
    +Better shadowing +Better level design
    - Bad Background
    - Bad In-game animations

Lets go to the Story Part

The Space Opera is back with another good story, but let's not jump to the ending now ok?

Mass Effect 3 Story overall gives ou a bunch of hard decisions that may change your game ending forever, the story may develop differently along the choices you make along the game.
    Yes not all things that you did on ME2 or ME1 matter on the final game. but some REALLY do per example some Things related to legion might bring you peace between the Quarians and the Geth.

Giving you 2 powerfull allies for the battle of the Earth.
    The most thrilling and exciting parts of the game are the quiet ones, they actually make you feel like if you were commander Shepard. The cutscenes are very well made and match with the soundtrack that gives it it's proper feel.

Now the ending was a major Dissapointment to everyone who played it, there are multiple plotholes and the lack of choices in it.

Story Overall

+Variety of decisions (before the ending)
    +Good cutscenes.
    +Good Quiet parts of the game with excelent Combination of soundtrack
    - Bad Endings
    - Only a few of the decisions you make on the previous games matter a bunch Gameplay: The gameplay is the same as mass effect 2 with some improvements Like a better melee combat, Variety of modifiable weapons and armor. Letting you customize your shepard as you want. and a better level geometry, not so linear anymore. But the AI is dumb as always +Better melee combat +Modifying weapons and armor +Better levels -Bad AI I'll give Mass Effect 3 an 8 out of 10 because that's what i think it deserves because selling DLC on day 1 SHOULDN'T involve on reviews
  94. Mar 22, 2012
    Overall this was an amazing and emotional game. It is a lot different from 1 and 2, the graphics are beautiful and the game play and combat are more fun, however it seems really dumbed down compared to the other games, more like a gears of war style adventure game. Had there been more rpg elements, better quests, and a better ending i would give it a 10/10, the ending did ruin the entireOverall this was an amazing and emotional game. It is a lot different from 1 and 2, the graphics are beautiful and the game play and combat are more fun, however it seems really dumbed down compared to the other games, more like a gears of war style adventure game. Had there been more rpg elements, better quests, and a better ending i would give it a 10/10, the ending did ruin the entire series for me though... Expand
  95. Mar 23, 2012
    I just finished Mass Effect 3 tonight. I have no idea what all the drama is about. I thought the endings were fine. What i did have a massive problem with thought was the lack of character subplots for your crew. Sort of made the typical experience just a bit more shallow. I also cannot and will not forgive Bioware for including FAFFING NINJA'S in Mass Effect. I like Ninjas just as much asI just finished Mass Effect 3 tonight. I have no idea what all the drama is about. I thought the endings were fine. What i did have a massive problem with thought was the lack of character subplots for your crew. Sort of made the typical experience just a bit more shallow. I also cannot and will not forgive Bioware for including FAFFING NINJA'S in Mass Effect. I like Ninjas just as much as everyone else. But not in mass effect. Oh and theres too many sexual innuendos in the opening parts of the game, that dont really fit into the story, to make it totally clear bioware are pandering to gay people. There is so much gayness until the middle of the game. Still. they did manage to improve on the graphics, sound and surprisingly gameplay. The closing experience also left a positive note, so an 8. Ps. I'm not fan of bioware (quite dislike them at the moment actually) or mass effect, just wanted to see the close the trilogy, so my expectations could have been lower than many people here. Lucky me then?? Expand
  96. Mar 24, 2012
    Played several times ME1 and ME2, to get a varied experience and it worked in those games, even if I knew how the game played out, ME3 not so much, Game play is very familiar and improved with the combat rolls and powerful imported characters(you get EXP bonuses for imported characters, a nice reward), conversations seem less trite and can be very humorous or candid, but the charactersPlayed several times ME1 and ME2, to get a varied experience and it worked in those games, even if I knew how the game played out, ME3 not so much, Game play is very familiar and improved with the combat rolls and powerful imported characters(you get EXP bonuses for imported characters, a nice reward), conversations seem less trite and can be very humorous or candid, but the characters themselves seemed boring even my old friends seemed boring this time. The pacing is good, but the Citidel "Go Fetch" sidequests are really silly, but you want to do them for money and EXP of course but they aren't fun, and for some reason you can miss the conversation completely as there is no cursor it appears in your Journal after you ran by that person, quirky, Story progress under the Reaper darkness gathering forces for the end, Normandy is completely overhauled in Alliance spartan them, gone is the bright clean Cerberus Normandy, although its the same ship. Sound is incredible, Gameplay very good, Story Above Average, Graphics on PC nice but need more settings, Input controls, you know the PC has more than 5 buttons right? apparently BIOWARE forgot, no vehicles to drive around, was hoping to get a MAKO, not that hovercraft tho, DAY 1 DLC for an important story crewmember, not cool at all, RPG elements like building your powers, weapons and armor are very good and I like how the loadout affects your power charging times, but still can't equip other members or your squad how you like, they still specialize in two weapons. Some great new Characters, Loved James, big musclehead Marine, great battlebuddy. ENDING>>>>>>>>>>>>OMG>>>>>>>what your hearing is true, the ending is truly Bazaar, its hard to explain, doesn't matter what choices you make or have made, its Bazaar. Leaves you feeling empty at the end. I love ME series but gotta score it how it made me feel at the end, 90% of the game is pretty good, although Cerberus totally whacking out was hard to swallow too. buy it if your a Sheperd Fan but you too will be singing the Sheperd blues in the end. Expand
  97. Mar 29, 2012
    I can't and will never understand how other fans of Mass Effect series found this game to be a let down. Bioware is changing the endings with a DLS/Patch in april, but regardless of that fact I still found the endings satisfying. Yes the various endings to this game weren't led up to by previous decisions within the game series, that being said they weren't "Bad". I Loved this game just asI can't and will never understand how other fans of Mass Effect series found this game to be a let down. Bioware is changing the endings with a DLS/Patch in april, but regardless of that fact I still found the endings satisfying. Yes the various endings to this game weren't led up to by previous decisions within the game series, that being said they weren't "Bad". I Loved this game just as much as the previous ones in the series. Sure its my opinion but enjoy the experience people, Bioware has taken one of the top 5 spots on my favourite game developer company's, and I respect and loved them and their work. Also another note that people seem to not understand, the multiplayer is NOT REQUIRED to get the best endings, You can unlock the others threw longer and better play threw out the singleplayer campaign. Please people before you storm off and call this masterpiece crap do some research. Expand
  98. Mar 31, 2012
    Fans of the first two Mass Effect games might find the return of the weapons/mods system a little frustrating and the dialogue a little lacklustre and forced. Aside from those two things, the rest of the game is on par with the previous two: action, adventure, awe-inspiring cinematics. The decisions made by your Shephard do have serious consequences in the third game but no one seems toFans of the first two Mass Effect games might find the return of the weapons/mods system a little frustrating and the dialogue a little lacklustre and forced. Aside from those two things, the rest of the game is on par with the previous two: action, adventure, awe-inspiring cinematics. The decisions made by your Shephard do have serious consequences in the third game but no one seems to want to recognise that fact, focusing instead of how little impact they have on the very final cut-scenes and decisions of the game. I don't see any reason why they should.

Regardless of how much people think the ending was disappointing or pick on a few minor problems with the game mechanics, ME3 is still a very good game and hardly deserves a zero score. It falls short of being a 10 experience, but play it through, finish it, give it a few days and you'll start to appreciate how good the game actually is.
  99. Apr 1, 2012
    The good: great galactic apocalyptic story (albeit a bit weird at the end), excellent third-person shooter action with varied enemies and situations, lush environments, excellent voice-acting, multi-player is surprisingly addictive and frenetic.

Slightly annoying: wearing a type of armour that boosts your shields has a visor, meaning that in some of the "emotional" cut-scenes you can't see Shephard's face! Also, I hate not having a button specific to "cover". The amount of times I got stuck to a wall or something and I didn't want to! Also, when you're speeding around in the Normandy and get spotted by the Reapers, it's not much fun trying to evade them as their ships are somehow faster. Finally my one criticism of the multi-player option is that the environments could have been more varied, plus it would have been nice to have to fight a combination of enemies, such as Cerberus and Reapers etc ..

The bad: The game is possibly a little too easy, so it could have been slightly more challenging, especially at the end. The ending is, as you all know by now, a little bit "WTF", and I agree that its ambiguity is ultimately a bit frustrating.

1. Apr 11, 2012