5.7

1. Feb 12, 2018
    I'm purely rating this game for it's amazing game-play, overall awesome coherent story, character writing and amazing characters that offer a lot of content. Obviously the ending didn't satisfy many fans but considering the scale of the war which the story depicts, became 10 fold in size since the first game, we could all appreciate the somewhat realistic ending. In terms of innovation,I'm purely rating this game for it's amazing game-play, overall awesome coherent story, character writing and amazing characters that offer a lot of content. Obviously the ending didn't satisfy many fans but considering the scale of the war which the story depicts, became 10 fold in size since the first game, we could all appreciate the somewhat realistic ending. In terms of innovation, not much happened, but was there it was definitely quality over quantity. Expand
  2. Jan 17, 2018
    This is a (very) good game. I actually consider this to be the best third person shooter I have ever played. That said, gameplay is not everything, especially when it comes to Mass Effect. While the gameplay has been improved ten-fold, everything else feels... lacking. It's not bad, it's not great, just lacking. I didn't have a huge problem with the ending, I think it's fitting enough, butThis is a (very) good game. I actually consider this to be the best third person shooter I have ever played. That said, gameplay is not everything, especially when it comes to Mass Effect. While the gameplay has been improved ten-fold, everything else feels... lacking. It's not bad, it's not great, just lacking. I didn't have a huge problem with the ending, I think it's fitting enough, but I can definitely see the problems with it. Expand
  3. Dec 12, 2017
    I have not played this game standalone so I cannot say how exactly I would score it but most likely as a 7. Having played this for the first time as the trilogy one after the other I see this as one of the best experiences I have had in gaming. The combat is the best in the series and the game just keeps upping the stakes until you get to the point everyone is dissatisfied with. Sure, II have not played this game standalone so I cannot say how exactly I would score it but most likely as a 7. Having played this for the first time as the trilogy one after the other I see this as one of the best experiences I have had in gaming. The combat is the best in the series and the game just keeps upping the stakes until you get to the point everyone is dissatisfied with. Sure, I wouldn't have minded more effort put into large number of outcomes that would be possible in the end but overall most of it does not matter because it should not matter. This whole game was a huge undertaking and i appreciate everything that went into the final product... even if it let some areas fall by the wayside. In the end this series is about Commander Shepard stopping the Reapers and nothing else. Take from that what you will. Expand
  4. Nov 29, 2017
    Mass Effect 3 is good game. I think is even better than first ME. Gameplay has been improved, there is still some good characters but it's no secret that the plot is worse than the other Mass Effect. But it's good game after all.
  5. Jul 23, 2017
    ME 3 is the worst game in trilogy. It starts with:
    "You are Shepard; This is your gun; I hope you know, how to shoot; Good luck, buddy".
    And it ends with:
    "You have 3 endings, just take your favorite color and see, for what are you paid your money".
    ... But... There is only one ending. Changing only color...
  6. Jun 22, 2017
    I spent more than 160 hours in this trilogy. Bought all available DLCs to date, always bought the most complete version of the game. And as a such hardcore Mass Effect fan I must say that I'm nothing more than sad. I had high expectation towards the trilogy ending. But ME3 did the impossible, they just screwed up the series.
    I can't do anything but laugh from some magazine reviews that
    I can't do anything but laugh from some magazine reviews that says that ME3 is a proper ending to the series. Sadly many reviews don't even understand the idea behind the game, or just forgotten how awesome ME and ME2 were. The user's score can't lie, just compare ME and ME2 user's score to this one.. it speaks by itself.
    The combat is too much simplified, the game is about go to the planets, scan, delivery assets and sometimes do some mission. And that's it, no epic bosses, no epic battles, even my last section of game had a taste of "common battle". The games looks rushed, no proper characters involvement...

Didn't think Bioware would miss twice.. first my deception with Dragon Age 2, now this? Why would you guys screw up Mass Effect? It's supposed to be THE epic trilogy. Be the benchmark, the reference to follow, simply the best. But today, Mass Effect is just one more.

The 3/10 score is due to the hard work I saw in Bioware trying to do the game, sadly the execution failed. A lot.
  7. Jun 21, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Звёздные Войны от мира игр:часть третья.

Сюжет,вот тут случился прокол причём сильный,ну то есть сам по себе сюжет неплохой,но если бы Дрю Карпишин всё таки сам закончил его,то это могла бы быть игра с самым сильным сюжетом в мире,но увы всё не так,7,5/10.Графика для 2012 года уже не очень но терпимо 7/10.Геймплей,просто опять стал лучше и красочней 8,5/10.Диалоги так же интересны 9,5/10.Система диалогов пострадала и стала скучней,Шепард слишком часто сам отвечает за себя,но это РПГ и так быть не должно 6,7/10.Музыка,звуки,атмосфера тот же шедевральный уровень 9,7/10.Сайд квесты хорошие,это максимум что могу про них сказать 8/10.Так же,это самая драматичная часть серии,буквально за все твои ошибки в предыдущих частях тебе приходится отвечать и видеть смерть своих друзей,если ты что-то сделал не так,сделано это очень сильно,не заметишь как пойдут слёзы,от того что какой-либо персонаж погиб.Что могу сказать в заключении отличную игру погубила концовка,а если её не считать,то 8,6/10.Как вы могли понять я не считал,так как игра слишком сильно понравилась!
  8. Jun 19, 2017
    Unable to surpass its predecessor, Mass Effect 3 nevertheless successfully delivers the final chapter of Commander Shepard's epic galactic quest, albeit an imperfect one.
  9. Jun 10, 2017
    Great game. i have spent a lot of time on this title. It has a great story with memorable characters. Good gameplay with lots of possibilities during missions and best cut scenes with good dialogs.
  10. May 31, 2017
    Is the Mass Effect trilogy as good as people make it out to be when criticizing Andromeda?
    I haven't played Andromeda, so I can't say from experience how good or bad it is, but to say that the Mass Effect Trilogy was better seems to me more an attempt to spite Andromeda rather than draw a fair comparison. Take ME 3 as an example.
    Rehash of Lord of the Rings. All the mass effect

Rehash of Lord of the Rings.
    All the mass effect episodes based on Lord of the Rings. There is a threat on an epic scale against which only you can do something special to defeat it(ME1: Conduit; ME2: IFF, ME3: Crucible). Nobody appreciates the seriousness of the threat, either because nobody believes you(ME1) or trusts you(ME2/3) or because of politics(ALL). You have to gather forces and support often against the odds(ALL). The enemy always has some very powerful fighters(Ringwraiths) and corrupts your allies(ALL). Every next episode you have lost your hero status and nobody believes you even though by ME3 you have thrown the damn ring into mount doom twice.
    The only difference is that ME1 has actually got an interesting adversary with a personal story(Saren) and an interesting arch nemesis(Sovereign), while ME3 has nobody(no the illusive man isn't interesting and has no personal story and Kai Leng is a misplaced character).

Boring side missions and ambush tactics.
    ME3 basically follows two paths: the central story and side missions. The central story leads to situations which are at least interesting.
    It is, however, the side missions which are trite. They follow the same pattern almost every time. You enter an area that is clearly set up for multiplayer games, you have to pick up something or activate/deactivate something which will trigger an ambush, which consists of enemies appearing out of thin air and sometimes on top of you. Most of the time you can't setup for defense because they play a movie that takes you and your squad mates out of cover.
    This pattern of springing ambushes plagues the whole game and is the single most mechanism it uses, even in the main battles. I don't mind ambushes once in a while, but using it in almost every encounter is aggravating.
    To extend the often brief encounters, they have you look around for upgrades that are spread around over the area and which can't be bought. Imagine five minutes of battle followed by few more minutes of you roaming around to find stuff, then going to the next area doing five minutes of battle and searching that area again. If it wasn't for the need for upgrades, the money, and the experience, I would have skipped these boring missions altogether.
    What is even worse is that almost every side missions ends with Admiral Hackett telling you that they will send a special team to the place you just liberated or conquered to protect it against further enemy incursions.

Exploration dud
    All three ME have you explore the galaxy. Which sounds great, but in practice are fetch quests of the most annoying kind. In ME 3 it comes down to having to find planets while dodging pursuit and battling fuel shortage to find war assets, credits, and items. There is not feel of exploration. Planets are just presented as a picture with a side story.

Unskippable story sequences
    The game is beset with unskippable movies. Which is okay unless you want to try out classes or have to redo a battle. You can only try a class after having watched ten minutes of babble.

Limited Squadmates
    ME 3 has the gall to offer you only four squadmates to pick from or possibly six depending on how you play out a certain encounter or decided on someone. All the others are from DLC's, temporary or dependent on your save game from ME2. Some DLC's are still not free up to this day!

Boring Classes
    The classes in ME have a few effective powers and so you to do the same thing every time. The only other way of playing is to play a different class, which forces you through ten minutes of unskippable sequences.

The ending
    I don't mind the ending itself, but to force a favorable ending by having you collect all war assets is downright bad, especially when you have to import a savegame from a previous game to have a better chance for a good end. This forces a player to do all the boring side missions and the trite exploration and play through another game. Endings should depend on story choices and, possible, strategic decisions.

Kai Leng
    A special mention of badness is Kai Leng, which is a character dropped into the game from some Asian setting with Katana, who is so obviously scripted not to die and be awesome cool at your expense. You're expense because you are scripted to be stupid when faced with his awesomeness.

ME3 is a mediocre game at best and hailing the whole trilogy as superior to Andromeda seems laughable: ME has always been mediocre. so it is no surprise if Andromeda is mediocre too. But then again I haven't played Andromeda so I can't judge.

There is much more to tell, but I ran out of space.
    Re-evaluated in 2017
  11. May 19, 2017
    It gave me feels.
    especially the game opening.
    It's mostly a pretty solid game. it surely had it's issues with the endings and it still does even after they totally reworked it.
    But mostly, it is a very good game.
  12. May 17, 2017
    This was as close to a perfect score as I've ever given it feels like Bioware has trimmed what little fat was left in Mass Effect 2 and what is left is as slick and focused as a RPG/Action cover shooter thingy is ever likely to get. The story is outstanding, the characters deep and real and the combat as good as anything that has come before it. On its own Mass Effect 3 is a superb gameThis was as close to a perfect score as I've ever given it feels like Bioware has trimmed what little fat was left in Mass Effect 2 and what is left is as slick and focused as a RPG/Action cover shooter thingy is ever likely to get. The story is outstanding, the characters deep and real and the combat as good as anything that has come before it. On its own Mass Effect 3 is a superb game but played as a trilogy seeing the evolution from one game to the next it is nothing short of a masterpiece. Expand
  13. May 13, 2017
    Game: Mass Effect 3
    Genre: Third Person Shooter - RPG
    Developer: Bioware/EA System: Steam (PC) Total Score: 91/100 Value Score: 9.1/10 Length of Playthrough: 56 Hours • Story: 10/10 • Characters: 10/10 • GamePlay: 7/10 • Graphics: 8/10 • Sound: 10/10 • Music: 7/10 • Length: 10/10 • Replay Value: 10/10 • Player Value: 9/10 Pros +All of the storyline aspects that made
    Game: Mass Effect 3

• Music: 7/10
    • Length: 10/10
    • Replay Value: 10/10
    • Player Value: 9/10

Pros
    +All of the storyline aspects that made the first two games continue along with that the option to load up a save data from Mass Effect 2
    +DLC content is packed and great pieces of content seen in the series
    +Most of the gameplay mechanics from Mass Effect 2 are retained with some items from the original Mass Effect showing up with the same effects
    +Multiplayer mode which allows you to play against other players in a gun fight
    +A lot of replay value due to the fact that you can affect the conversations between characters
    +Some cutscenes and character interactions depend on the actions you took in the first two games
    +4 different endings

Cons
    -DLC prices are horrible, the overall cost of all the main story DLC equals out to the price of one new game
    -A lot of glitches occur some of which affect certain sidequests from being unplayable and some glitches that trap you and making you unable to move
    -There are instances where the sound or music overlap with another
    -The freedom to customize your equipment for the most part is there but you do not have as many options or freedom to customize as in Mass Effect 2
    -The ending is whatever you want to it to be regardless of what choices you have made throughout the game or series.
  14. May 12, 2017
    Jumping right into here!

Story --------- The story in Mass Effect 3 is the ending of a trilogy, and by so there’s a lot lost for those that haven’t played the previous games and I would recommend anyone coming to play the series not to start with the third as it looses a lot of its depth and meaning. However for those that don’t have a save and yet have played the other games, well
    Jumping right into here!

Story
    ---------
    The story in Mass Effect 3 is the ending of a trilogy, and by so there’s a lot lost for those that haven’t played the previous games and I would recommend anyone coming to play the series not to start with the third as it looses a lot of its depth and meaning. However for those that don’t have a save and yet have played the other games, well that’s up to you. I played my first playthrough with a save and liked it, I did it this time without and preferred it over the other.

Having played this game twice over, I found myself liking the second time more. Which I give it a lot of credit for. From what I’ve read is that people dislike the shadow sequences of the story, in which I have to disagree. It doesn’t just give a great ending to a trilogy it also shows a side of game you don’t often see, the deep artistic side of storytelling. However, taking the opinions of others into account, I can see where they might be coming from. As the same with watching a movie, you expect a certain type of movie from certain series.

The lack of choices in the other as well, good and true. Having only around three large choices, in all of it. One of which turns into three branches. With an over collection of points that don’t actually give you anything at all in the end. Which is regretfully bad.

Considering all the points at hand and a strong personal opinion for the artistic I’d give the story a strong 8.

Graphics & Animations
    ----------
    Alright, frankly this can always be a bit difficult to come back to. Having played ME:A and games like Witcher 3 and coming back to criticize it can be next to impossible. So instead I am rating the graphics not on how they are but how they aged.

The aging of the graphics is done well, there isn’t a point where you feel that this or that is bad. Apart from perhaps some shadow quality, which I ain’t too picky about as well as some outfitting on the stale side characters.

The graphics especially the cinematics in the game are astounding and live well up its time, so if you're concerned about graphics holding up, having played to many older games and just haven’t been able to finish them. Perhaps titles such as Deus Ex 1, then you have nothing to fear from ME:3 at this point in time 2017.

However the animations in this game are sadly enough.. Stiff, really stiff. You feel like everything is moving a bit too slowly, running and dodging. I don’t personally have any experience with soldier gear or battle suits but wow if I were getting shot at by a giant metal monster from the sky wanting to end all life so to speak, I’d be running twice as fast and throwing myself into cover and not taking a whole five seconds trying to get over a box which is barely knee high.

Gameplay
    ----------
    Well, what can I say about the gameplay.

While there is some position commanding in this game, it frankly falls quite short as the AI aren’t good at all. I felt more than not being the only person on my team that could actually do something, and the AI’s were there to soak up some bullets while I do everything.
    However that might be a little unfair as the game does give you, companion skills which can also be leveled up and combo used with your own and such can be extremely vital to use in the right time.
    But all in all, its pretty much luck that it falls into as you move from enemy to enemy, your companions suppose to be protecting your back but for some reason let that one enemy get behind you and kill you with two shots.

Companions are strong in this game, though I feel them being slightly more on their own mindset throughout this entire game, however, I have to approve of this. Though it might feel like your second priority it makes a lot of sense that you are at this time and point, while their homeworlds get decimated or their families are lost to them. A certain depth to them, which I personally wanted to see more of and acted out a bit more. Though I can’t imagine many people, would’ve liked that.

4/10. Thankfully they did better.

Music & Sound
    ---------------
    The music in this game is absolutely brilliant, one of the best track lists I’ve heard. Memorable to the day you finish your first playthrough, tingling nostalgic feeling when you come to it. This team has to commanded, with fitting tracks to fitting cinematics bringing a new level of depth and emotions to the scene.

The voice acting in the game is superb, especially from Joker which handles going from joking, to sad to even angry in a truthful way while many of the others do just as well.
    Giving an applause to all of them.

Trying to judge this game has been difficult to eye opening and I hope it leaves something to be speculated for the future generations to come. I'd play it again, with a different class.. In the future.

6,25 good enough
  15. May 9, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There are some things that are just so dam stupid about this game... If you spend millions on a finely tuned graphics engine, you would there be some cool boss fights or something other then the exact same mobs over and over gain. The worst part of the game is the missile battery defense level at the end where they just add more high HP mobs instead of coming up with anything interesting. The result is a frustrating terrible experience where its you VS an dumb AI enemy's HP bar over and over again,thinking the whole time, these stupid monkeys who got this far and gave up by the last level.... Screw you level designers resorting to that, you are huge idiots. Just look at all the 0 reviews below.... speaks for itself. Expand
  16. May 4, 2017
    I FINALLY got around to beating Mass Effect 3 (and thus completing the trilogy), and I have to say that I loved it. I am a completionist who spends HOURS on a single play through doing every single thing possible. It took me over 80 hours to beat each Mass Effect game. I only played each game through one time, but I played each game on the hardest difficulty setting possible ( InsanityI FINALLY got around to beating Mass Effect 3 (and thus completing the trilogy), and I have to say that I loved it. I am a completionist who spends HOURS on a single play through doing every single thing possible. It took me over 80 hours to beat each Mass Effect game. I only played each game through one time, but I played each game on the hardest difficulty setting possible ( Insanity for ME2 and ME3, and veteran for ME1 because that is the hardest difficulty setting available on your first play through). Expand
  17. May 1, 2017
    When i look at this game after DA: Inquisition and ME: Andromeda, i understand that it was pretty good. And even such level is now unattainable for Bioware.

Changed my score from 5 to 7/
  18. Apr 29, 2017
    Just finished the game last night. I am still processing everything so I may come back later and add/edit this. I played ME:A all the way through and then decided to binge-play the trilogy as I never completed it in the past. It was well worth the 2 weeks or so it took me to get through the entire trilogy. Here are my thoughts:

This was the first time I actually wept from playing a

This was the first time I actually wept from playing a video game. No other game has tugged on the heart strings like this game and I am not the type to cry over movies and games. The music in 2 & especially 3 is just phenomenal and really works well to bring out the emo's.

Yes, there are problems with the game but it's the characters hands-down that make this game great. More than the story, more than the combat (which is pretty fun in 2 &3 ), more than the graphics, it's the relationships that you develop with the characters that are unforgettable. You really do care about them and if/when one if these characters is killed, you feel the loss for real.

Regarding romance, it tore me up that I had to choose between 3 women, all of whom I really loved. I had to chose one and it killed me to break the hearts of the other two. This is not a bad thing as it illustrates the emotional impact the game has on you.

As for the story, it's difficult to say much about it here without spoilers. Overall, I think BW did a good job with it. Especially in making you feel like things were utterly hopeless at times, going against insurmountable odds. I was disappointed in my own ending the first time through playing it blind. I felt a little cheated by my choice for reasons that I can't really divulge here. After the game ended, I went back through the long ending sequence a few more times selecting the other endings and then spent several more hours researching the endings and their meanings.

Combat was kind of "meh" in 1 but became fun in 2 and was polished up in 3. I played on normal difficulty as I was more into the game for the story and characters than the fighting but wanted to have some challenge to the fights. Most encounters were pretty easy to get through but there were a few times that I had to work for it. If I replay the series at some point, I'll probably go insane mode. Also, I was vanguard all the way through.

There were things about the game that disappointed and frustrated me as well which is why I am not giving it anything higher than an 8. I think the DLC is way too expensive for a 5 year old game. I played the digital deluxe edition with the included DLC and I decided to purchase the Kasumi DLC as I really liked her character but opted not to pay the high price for the other stuff.

It should be noted that I watched Christopher Odd play the series along with my own play through, only watching him after I completed the missions first so I was able to experience some of the missing DLC through him. If I decide to replay the series in the future, I may spring for some of the other DLCs but I've already purchased 1 & 2 on Steam back in the day and paid for the Origin annual sub so I feel like EA has gotten enough of my $.

In conclusion, whether or not I ever play the series again, it will leave a lasting impact and I will consider the trilogy to be one of my most memorable gaming experiences.
  19. Apr 25, 2017
    I got to play it via the Origin access program, which seems like a good idea, yet falls short in still requiring you to purchase huge DLC-s via a stupid points system. No way to conveniently buy or play the whole package, and 5 years after release the game's still ridiculously overpriced. Plus, it is not featured on Steam or other platforms besides the uncomfy Origin. EA really did makeI got to play it via the Origin access program, which seems like a good idea, yet falls short in still requiring you to purchase huge DLC-s via a stupid points system. No way to conveniently buy or play the whole package, and 5 years after release the game's still ridiculously overpriced. Plus, it is not featured on Steam or other platforms besides the uncomfy Origin. EA really did make things worse for Bioware (aside ruining the DA franchise).

But to come to the game - I actually feel they nailed so much of what was missing in previous games. There's an actual sense of threat and sorrow, and awesome dream scenes that act as a premonition to Shepard's death. It's all rather beautiful. Lots of different consequences to choices. Killing off a former squad mate just because you couldn't explore the system she was on, after which she had been indoctrinated, is pretty impactful (yes, you don't need cutscenes or dramatically done cinematics to make things impactful, sometimes just the opposite works better).

Some fans are troubled by the "bad" ending and sadness all abound, yet those are same kind of people that love and hate George RR Martin for the red wedding et al. They probably don't distance themselves from story enough, or don't see worth in dealing with hard subjects (a "turn a blind eye" kind of folk).

I really was rather surprised by the overall quality of the game. It does what it's meant to almost perfectly. A shame EA is shamming customers from money still, with a 5 year old game with new AAA price tagged DLC. A bother.
  20. Apr 24, 2017
    EXITING!!!
    Fantastic game! Very interesting plot with amazing plot twists,wonderful Role Playing and cool combat system.
    I can't imagine better final of Mass Effect.
    P.S: About endings:with DLC Extended cut they are very good.
  21. Apr 21, 2017
    In short if you've played previous part you'll know exactly what's coming your way. If you have not than there's no real reason to pick it up before playing the previous ones.

This is the final chapter in the Sheppard trilogy. The reapers arrive just as you've warned everybody. And yet everyone is surprised. And it's up to you again to save the galaxy. This game definitely feels more

This game definitely feels more linear than the previous. With the reaper imminent danger most of the stories are for you to gather allies for the war. There are just a few missions you could skip but why would you really. The core mechanics are pretty much the same. You fly around the galaxy, land on planets and do missions. The missions consist of you fighting through the ranks of enemies completing different objectives in order to gain allies. Nothing really changed from the previous parts. The combat is very much cover bases - occasional grenades will make you change specific cover but that's about it. The special powers as well as your team mates feel like they're just there but not a real game changer. I think I just got bored with it.

Outside of that you'll get a scanner - not really sure if it was available previously - that you can scan your vicinity in order to find artefacts and stuff. But that can alert the reapers so you'll need to evacuate soon or they'll catch you. Pretty annoying mechanic - luckily one that you don't and probably will not use during the game.

The one other change is that you're presented with a war room where you can observe the allied power you have recruited. However this part confused me and apart from looking at single bar - indicating probably when you get enough allies for final mission - it's pretty much useless as well.

Visually it might be a bit better than previous instalments however the animations are quite wonky, especially the running animation - this was even more visible since last game before this I played was Metal Gear Solid V which had superb animations.

The ending - the most commonly criticized part - is not as bad as I've anticipated, but not good as well. It's just meh.

Overall there were cool moments but the game didn't capture me. I'm glad I've played it but I don't expect ever coming back to it.
  22. Apr 20, 2017
    All in all a very enjoyable game. Its a gears of war in a mass effect shell. There is almost no RPG elements in this game and by the end nothing that you did in the two amazing ME games before did matter.

The game was very rushed when it could have been fantastic if only they gave it more time. The action in this game made it fun to play and am not kidding when I say it felt like I was playing Gears of war.

This was as big of a disappointment as Dead Space 3. EA lost it soul by the time they released DS3 and ME3 they never came back from that fail. Ever since they kept releasing pure sh*tty games.
  23. Apr 18, 2017
    The day BioWare just stopped trying. Sometimes I think that every single person from Electronic Arts hates me personally. Why else would they brutally murder two of my favorite game developing companies?

1 out of 7: zero effort.
  24. Apr 17, 2017
    Mass Effect et son univers éveillent une affection particulière : après tout le héros Shepard porte le nom (hasard ou coïncidence ?) du premier Américain lancé dans l'espace, un type éclipsé par ceux qui sont allés sur la lune... Et quand on a un vaisseau beau comme le Concorde (un Concorde de l'espace) et qui s'appelle en plus "Normandy" comme notre feu vaisseau Normandie, ça sent bon leMass Effect et son univers éveillent une affection particulière : après tout le héros Shepard porte le nom (hasard ou coïncidence ?) du premier Américain lancé dans l'espace, un type éclipsé par ceux qui sont allés sur la lune... Et quand on a un vaisseau beau comme le Concorde (un Concorde de l'espace) et qui s'appelle en plus "Normandy" comme notre feu vaisseau Normandie, ça sent bon le camembert tout ça (et j'adore toujours un bon calendos fabriqué... en Normandie).

Troisième fois que je le termine (après deux fois sur 360) et l'interface de la version PC est à mi-chemin entre celle du premier Mass Effect (très bien pensée) et celle du deux. Toujours pas de manette mais un jour peut-être, ils comprendront chez Bioware, qui sait... c'est parce qu'ils préfèrent les consoles et ma foi, je les comprends un peu quelque part.

Toujours est-il que le bond graphique est très sensible depuis Mass Effect 2 : le moteur Unreal est parfaitement maîtrisé et ça tourne tout à fond à 60 im/s. Pas mal pour un jeu du début 2012. Quelle conclusion en tout cas que ce Mass Effect 3 : passionnante, grandiose, épique. A la narration parfaitement orchestrée s'ajoutent des combats parfaits (et tactiques), une ambiance sonore au sommet, une musique (toujours électro en majorité) réussie et un doublage français impeccable.

J'ai essayé le mode multi-joueur qui fait malgré toutes les tentatives de Bioware, très pièce rapportée mais qui remplit son office de passe-temps vaguement divertissant et parfaitement inutile dans un jeu de rôle. Reste que s'appliquer sur cet aspect a eu un effet positif sur la maniabilité excellente durant les combats -on dit ça bien sûr pour se rassurer, tout ce temps passé sur le multi ne l'a pas été sur le solo... mais quand le résultat est là, peu importe...

La fin étendue -ou enrichie- précise quelques points qui restaient flous ou sujets à l'interprétation, elle a un peu la qualité de ses défauts : ce qu'elle précise n'est pas forcément ce qu'on avait interprêté. Mais comme elle reste optionnelle, ce n'est nullement un souci, bien au contraire.

En tous les cas, quelle joie de finir cette trilogie avec le même personnage et toutes les décisions que l'on a pu prendre et d'en voir les effets se perpétuer en cascade d'un épisode à l'autre ! on ne s'en lasse pas et c'est toujours la nostalgie qui vous prend les tripes au générique de fin de... Mass Effect 3 ! Merci Bioware.
  25. Apr 11, 2017
    UNPLAYABLE on 1080p, 1440p or 4k. The HUD DOESN'T SCALES WITH THE RESOLUTION. On 4k it's soooo small i can't EVEN **** SEE IT. Also the worst ending in video game history.
  26. Apr 8, 2017
    Увы это больше не РПГ, а унылый шутерок, сюжет банальный - мы опять собираем силы для последней битвы а абсолютно убогая концовка сливает в утиль не только третью часть, но и всю трилогию вместе с ней - жаль, но Биовар своими руками зарубили все на корню.Увы это больше не РПГ, а унылый шутерок, сюжет банальный - мы опять собираем силы для последней битвы а абсолютно убогая концовка сливает в утиль не только третью часть, но и всю трилогию вместе с ней - жаль, но Биовар своими руками зарубили все на корню.
  27. Apr 7, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Im changing my score for this game as after playing the Mass Effect Andromeda I realised there have been enough improvements to ME3 to warrant a better score. I am glad they put out the extended cut and that the modders put out a great mod with a better ending. Now I can play this game more. Thanks Bioware and modders! Expand
  28. Apr 4, 2017
    This game is like the same as the second part. Incredibly much tied to the characters, DLC is a very interesting and add a lot of points to the box the last part of the story about Shepard. Many interesting points were cut, a lot added. Not all for me is absolute good and absolute evil, not all, but this part I definitely like.
  29. Mar 29, 2017
    The final story of the Mass Effect Trilogy delivers on the long anticipated main villains that were pulling the strings from the last two games. The lore and conspiracies that surrounded these puppet masters are now gone, with the long awaited arrival and mass invasion of the Reapers. It's very clear that this is a fight for the survival of the galaxy with an "us vs. them" mentality thatThe final story of the Mass Effect Trilogy delivers on the long anticipated main villains that were pulling the strings from the last two games. The lore and conspiracies that surrounded these puppet masters are now gone, with the long awaited arrival and mass invasion of the Reapers. It's very clear that this is a fight for the survival of the galaxy with an "us vs. them" mentality that puts Commander Shepard in the heart of an all-out galactic war with the Reapers.
    Game play, the graphics and soundtrack are all top notch. The combat mechanics have under gone more improvements from the cover based system of its predecessor. Combat is much quicker and more accurate with a new grab melee attack system, the ability to sprint without fatigue, and a dodge roll capability that all help make combat more fluid in ME3.
    Mass Effect has always been about the characters, conversation, story, and exploration with the characters being ME3’s strongest attribute. Most of your previous characters return just as fleshed out as they were with the second game. There are a couple of newbies: James Vega, and another (Spoiler) who both have interesting personalities and backstories but their characters suffer only from being introduced so late in the series. There are no loyalty missions, so most of the bonding Shepard has with his/her squad mates have already been established by their history together.
    The story although an improvement on ME2's, still has its plot holes. (Examples: Kai Leng, and ME3's ending of course). The Plot of the story is good and it immerses the player for much of the game until the last 40-60 minutes of the story with the plot faltering completely by the game’s conclusion.
    One of ME3’s biggest drawbacks is the stripping down of the ME conversation abilities that Shepard has had in previous games. Conversations have been deprived to just two choices for much of the game with many conversations taking place without any player interaction. This leaves the player with less involvement in making decisions and it streamlines responses of other characters or events. Exploration has been completely gutted from ME3. It’s understandably so giving that there is a full scale galactic war going on, but it is something that is noticeably lacking given that it has always been part of ME’s formula.
    Lastly, ME3’s ending is one of the biggest misfires ever seen in a story’s ending with an incoherent plot, its inability to tie up loose ends, and give a satisfying and logical conclusion. The ending leaves much to be desired and it puts a huge black mark on an otherwise well-made and emotional story. In short, the ending is terrible.
    Mass Effect 3 had the potential to surpass even the original ME had the conversation ability been intact, less plot holes in the story, and had a good conclusion; ME3 could have easily been the best of the trilogy, but instead it's the weakest. Even with its setbacks, ME3 is still a good solid game 8/10
  30. Mar 26, 2017
    Okay yeah, character customisation is utter pants, some of the animations are bad, like the NCP drinking from a bottle he stuck in his eye, and another one who appears to have some horrendous body wide tic. But I can live with that.
    But the two things that disappoint me are the plot - or lack of it, and the dumbing down. Don't bother bringing your brain to this ME party - you won't be needing it.
    All the basic good stuff from ME is there, and some improvements. And yeah, I probably will play it to the bitter end, but no, I won't be pre-ordering ME 5 if there is one.
    The dialogues, OMG, who wrote this snooze fest? And padded out with soooo many repetitive and pointless conversations.
    And the basic premise, finding new homes - there is no urgency, nor strong motivation of 'all of mankind will die if you don't sort this Ryder'. It's more like an adventure holiday where you repeat the same adventures, just in a different location.
    Also, I don't feel my answers and decisions really make any difference, where are the massive moral dilemmas? Where are the REAL character choices?
    The technical issues are, well technical issues. What I'm finding hard to forgive is the lack of heart, the heart of the ME franchise, an immersive story with well designed characters.
  31. Mar 23, 2017
    Space opera of the computer gaming world. The best PC game trilogy. Story telling and narrative at its best. A piece of art, a classic and its legacy will endure. Long may the trilogy be remembered.

The ending is much to be desired and put us on course for the very poor ME: Andromeda. It could have ended in a more polished manner allowing the franchise to continue.
  32. Mar 22, 2017
    [Some mild spoilers about the ending.]

I understand why this game is not that popular among some of the fans, specially if you played it before all the DLC came out. Personally, I only experienced the Mass Effect games recently so maybe I had a better first impression on the trilogy, specially ME3, because the DLC really added a lot to that game. I think people who were expecting a
    [Some mild spoilers about the ending.]

I think people who were expecting a different ending allowed their whole experience be ruined when they didn't get what they wanted. I did feel really depressed when I finished ME3, but not because I thought the ending was bad. I actually liked that there is basically no perfect ending. Every choice has pros and cons and it's up to you to choose which one you think fits your Shepard best. I think this was why this game got so much hate, people got so resentful that even though the game as a whole is just as good as all the other ME games, they still rate it as a 0 just because the ending wasn't all sunshine and butterflies. Talk about being bitter.

I've grown attached to my female Shepard and she is probably my favorite protagonist of all time now. Did I want her to happily ride off into the sunset with all squad members? Of course. But considering the scale of the story and the reapers as a villain, I think it would be unlikely and illogical to have that perfect ending. I think I wouldn't get as emotional as I did when those credits rolled.

Overall, really good game and a perfect close to the trilogy and to Commander Shepard's story. ME3 only made my love for these characters grow even more, specially those who were with Shepard since game 1. It's really amazing to see how far they have come and how strong their relationship has become over the course of the trilogy. I'm going to miss them. I can always go back and replay it all, but it will never be the same thing as experiencing it for the very first time. I envy the people who will get to have that chance.
  33. Mar 22, 2017
    A let down in story, but not bad. solid gameplay........................................................................................................
  34. Mar 20, 2017
    3RD entry in one of my favorite games. Writing isn't that good, but gameplay is.

Pros + Character emotions seem ok. + World + The gunplay and engaging in combat seems a lot more improved than in ME1, is more fun and doesn't feel stiff. Cons - Dialogue wheel, I prefer to see texts in sentences to select. Yeah I just really hate dialogue wheels in games. - The item

Pros

+ Character emotions seem ok.

+ World

Cons

- The item management in your inventory is a bit terrible.

- No looting like in ME1.

- No open planets to explore driving a vehicle like in ME1.

- MP has P2P instead of dedicated servers and no server browser list.

- Micro-transactions in MP, I remember good ol' days when devs used to give dlcs like this for free like maps and gear. Shame on your greed EA/Bioware.
  35. Mar 20, 2017
    That's the end... there has been Much debate about the ending, yeah, we could do better, even necessary. But what we have is not so bad.
    The game has changed, and now it's more action than RPG. And this is disturbing. Dialogues are simpler and less interesting than Shepard.
    The reapers are already on Earth and we must destroy them once and for all. Epic! But the game felt so epic as we would like. I became more bored. In the story we combine race. Interesting jobs became less and more boring shooting. The combat system is even more improved, but we are forced to shoot very much.
    New characters boring, and the old friends and familiar, but still more sad. Although one scene with Garrus is very touching.
    The plot is full of intrigue. Everything is simple and straightforward. This part is weaker than the previous two, but still it is the same native Mass Effect.
  36. Mar 13, 2017
    Never forget that ending :(
    10 for all of the game up until the ending. 1 for the ending. Bioware managed to destroy 100+ hours of great gameplay across all 3 parts of the trilogy with last 10 minutes of the game. Impressive achievement, but I don't like it.
    The game is awesome in every aspect up until the very end. Don't know why Bioware did this but they did. They killed DA
    Never forget that ending :(

They killed DA franchise with DA2 and now this. Not pre-ordering any Bioware game. Will wait until reviews come in
  37. Mar 7, 2017
    Extremely disappointing ending to an otherwise great game series in which the developers spend more time and effort in shoving marxist propaganda in their game then staying true to the lore and the universe.
  38. sft
    Feb 26, 2017
    Still not quite the full kilo

Still not quite the full kilo

I have a somewhat ambivalent relationship with the Mass Effect games. I’ve enjoyed all of them but that enjoyment has been tempered by frustration, mostly with the combat mechanics. MASS EFFECT 3 is no exception to this rule. The cover mechanics in ME2 were an improvement over those in the original game but in ME3 they have messed them up. For some crazy reason they’ve bound 3 vital actions (cover, roll, and storm (sprint)) to a single key (I believe this may also have been the case with ME2 but I don’t recall it being so annoying). This is a monumentally stupid design choice. (Now that I’ve finished the game I discover that there is a work around for the PC version – if only I’d looked earlier.) And yet, despite this, I still had fun battling the Reapers and their cronies. Aside from this the RPG elements seem to have been played down a little and there’s an option to water them down even more, so that it plays as more of an action game (I didn’t try this option, so I don’t know exactly how different the experience is). Personally, I don’t see the point in this as this is where the Mass Effect games score highly – in the RPG elements. It’s the characters, the strong story, and the detailed universe that draw you in, and make you become invested in the outcome for all concerned. And ME3 is very effective in all these areas. As always there’s lots of background information to absorb as well, if you choose to do so. The graphics are reasonable for a 2012 game (although they don’t stand out as exceptional in any way) and the voice acting is good for the most part. Overall ME3 is a worthy addition to the franchise (I won’t get into the debate regarding the ending, as this is not the ideal platform) and I look forward to Mass Effect: Andromeda.
  39. Jan 21, 2017
    Great storytelling and a breath taking finale offsets the gameplay shortcomings.

The gameplay has more RPG elements than ME2 but still not as good as in ME1. The weapon upgrades and mods are nice. Unfortunately, all but 1-2 maps were dumbed down to rail shooter territory. The quest system is a little bit of a setback compared to ME1-2. The less handholding is nice but it is hard to

The quest system is a little bit of a setback compared to ME1-2. The less handholding is nice but it is hard to tell if the mission is even completable at that point of the game. Some stuff is way too vague and gives no hint. This leaves their completion up to dumb luck.

The discussion options are dumbed down to the point of being eliminated completely in some casual conversations. This usually leaves a Paragon option and a Renegade option without middle ground. Finally, some conversation option results completely out of character continuation.

While many criticize the ending, I found them fantastic (extended cut). No cleat good or bad. From a moral point of view, all can be supported and dismissed. They are almost in philosophical heights. It is also very bold. Not your usual "happily ever after" fluff. It delivers proper dramatic writing.

Without the endings, the game would be 5-6. With that 15-16. The only reason I can't give 10 is the handling of DLC. It is, hm, poor and even insulting.
  40. Dec 21, 2016
    Key: 1 = Poor, 3 = Average, 5 = Great

Graphics 5
    Audio 5
    Characters 5
    Story 4, the ending was a minor let down, but reasonably improved in a later release. Overall one of the best stories I've journeyed through, even years later tugs on the heart string. Such a great adventure.
    Controls 5
    Intuitiveness 5
  41. Nov 17, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game spat in the face of all true Mass Effect fans. My carefully chosen choices from the previous ME games didn't matter in the end. I refuse to play a Mass Effect game without Shepard. Shepard IS Mass Effect. Expand
  42. Oct 26, 2016
    Despite the ending its a still bloody great game. They brought back some of the RPG bits from original Mass Effect which is nice. Combat now feels like in a proper third person shooter. There are some writing decisions i find difficult to understand and why they were taken, but then again im nor the developer nor a writer and its their creation and their decisions which i can respect atDespite the ending its a still bloody great game. They brought back some of the RPG bits from original Mass Effect which is nice. Combat now feels like in a proper third person shooter. There are some writing decisions i find difficult to understand and why they were taken, but then again im nor the developer nor a writer and its their creation and their decisions which i can respect at that, but not fully accept.

Game once again takes you a memorable journey with characters you love and some new ones you might not like at all, but even after the somewhat anti climatic ending i still love this game and the emotions it pulled me through i wont forget.

You cannot bash it and call it a bad game simply because of its ending, if you do so, youre a bloody fool who's an embarrassment to the Mass Effect fanbase and damaging its reputation for no good.
  43. Oct 22, 2016
    I'm a huge fan of the Mass Effect series. I love Mass Effect 3, not as much as Mass Effect 2 though. Despite the ending (I modified it. I didn't want to finish the game with the original one.), the decent multiplayer and the confusing quest system, the game was fantastic. The graphics and gameplay feel very polished. The decision making was so INTENSE! The story was PERFECT! Okay, I wouldI'm a huge fan of the Mass Effect series. I love Mass Effect 3, not as much as Mass Effect 2 though. Despite the ending (I modified it. I didn't want to finish the game with the original one.), the decent multiplayer and the confusing quest system, the game was fantastic. The graphics and gameplay feel very polished. The decision making was so INTENSE! The story was PERFECT! Okay, I would probably give it an 8 because of the marketing decisions, but I know that this wasn't Bioware's fault. Neither the ending. Expand
  44. Sep 11, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is the most stupid story and bad graphics (technically).In the story there are inconsistencies:What boy?What kind of catalyst,like a boy?Why did you decide to kill Shepard?Why at the end of destruction,when Shepard survived the destruction of the reapers in the video Shepard (Fe)Male alive,the ending was not added in the Extended Cut DLC?As one of the passions I realized that he(She) still alive?Why are the eyes of Shepard in the Control ending and Synthesis lit?And why they made a new ending Failure?After all, they said they don't want to create a new ending?These questions are not answered.That strange in-game Shepard's dream of those who were lost, and even in the final at the shepherd appeared hallucinations,even the Extended Cut DLC,the developers have added that was justified by the "Theory of Indoctrination" from the fans.I don't understand the game made a profit of 1.85 million copies,but for some reason they decided to do the alternate ending,or they are too lazy to do that or they decided to do it to spite fans of the series.I don't care what Casey Hudson decided to kill the main character,in a few years ago,a person should be their choice and I'm glad that a fan of Mr.Fob to do the alternate ending MEHEM.Mass Effect 3 is one of the worst games of 2012. Expand
  45. Aug 24, 2016
    Excellent ending worth the whole Shepard's franchise. The story holds the level of previous ones, characters perfectly written with more interesting lines to tell. Hollywood-like action, taking your breath away and touching ending exquisitely parted to be the best franchise of all times.
  46. Aug 16, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A pesar de todas las criticas me pareció un gran final a la historia de Shepard, muchos momentos épicos, derrame muchas lagrimas, tal vez después de tanto arriesgarse esperaba un final cliché feliz, aunque hubiera sido obvio prefería eso, pero bueno tiene sus cosas buenas cada final. Muchos diálogos, las misiones secundarias son muy mejorables, gráficamente no es nada del otro mundo pero es bonito de ver.
    Los DLC son una obra maestra (mas el de la Ciudadela), un gran final para esta saga.
  47. Jul 22, 2016
    I speak of game with all DLCs. The end of the game is unimaginable in previous Mass Effect, but very original and interesting. The graphics are more than enough, and it is noteworthy that works twice fluid Mass Effect 2 on the same PC.
  48. SVS
    Jul 15, 2016
    Когда я думаю о "МЕ3", у меня в воображении непременно возникает такая примерно сцена:

Центральный офис "Биовар". На стене - огромное табло с надписью: "До релиза - N дней". Все суетятся, носятся, сталкиваются друг с другом. В собственном кабинете сидит Начальник - глаз дергается, руки дрожат, всюду бумажки и прочий хлам. Появляется такой же взмыленный Помощник. П.: Босс, у нас

П.: Босс, у нас проблемы!
    Н.(ядовито): Да неужели?
    П. (протягивает Боссу очередные бумаги): Вот! Никак не успеваем закончить в срок эту линию.
    Н. (нервно): Ну так постарайтесь!
    П.: Уже сделали все возможное.
    Н.: Так сделайте невозможное!
    П.: А на невозможное ни людей нет, ни денег.
    Н. (Хватаясь за голову): Ох ты, Господи! Ну, ладно, что ж делать. Вырезаем линию.
    П.: Так ведь, босс... Без нее половина сюжета летит вверх тормашками.
    Н.: А то я сам не знаю! Ну, напряги сценаристов. Поставь им ведро кофе, пусть ночь не поспят и к завтра что-то придумают.
    П.: Да что они придумают за ночь-то, да на кофеине?
    Н.: Без разницы, лишь бы к утру готово было.
    П.: А тут еще проблемка, босс. Вот, здесь в миссии этот момент какой-то корявый получается...
    Н. (не дослушав): Да ты прикалываешься! Мы тут основной сюжет бензопилой кромсаем, а ты ко мне пристаешь с какой-то побочной миссией. Оставляй все как есть или убирай на фиг, как хочешь, но чтобы при мне о такой чепухе и не заикался!..
    Ну и т. д.

Вот за такое отношение к делу - заслуженная оценка 0/10.
  49. Jul 6, 2016
    Gameplay : 9
    Graphics : 9
    Story : 8
    Sound : 9
    Overall : 9
  50. Jul 3, 2016
    Mass Effect 3 è brillante. E' esattamente tutto quello di buono che è stato costruito con i primi due capitoli, meno le noiose esplorazioni di pianeti vuoti (del primo) e noiose (e dannose per il tunnel carpale) scansioni per la raccolta di risorse.
    Quindi: gameplay OTTIMO e vario (perchè permette sia l'approccio più action di un TPS che quello strategico della gestione di risorse sul campo), storia mai banale dall'inizio ALLA FINE (lo sottolineo, visto che la più grande critica mossa a Mass Effect 3 è che il finale non rispecchia le azioni intraprese dal giocatore - anche se fosse, si confonde un videogioco con un film, il videogioco non è la destinazione ma il viaggio che si intraprende), aspetti tecnici sia video che audio OTTIMI, atmosfera eccellente, aspetti RPG sicuramente non hardcore ma comunque efficaci. Pertanto, Mass Effect 3 è un MASTERPIECE.
  51. May 20, 2016
    An insult & slap in the face to anyone who played the first two games in the series. It takes everything that made the first two games great & throws it out the window for some stupid multiplayer cover shooter Gears of War clone. And the ending is the absolute most disgusting thing I've ever seen in any modern video game to date. Even with the so called "Remastered Ending" that stainAn insult & slap in the face to anyone who played the first two games in the series. It takes everything that made the first two games great & throws it out the window for some stupid multiplayer cover shooter Gears of War clone. And the ending is the absolute most disgusting thing I've ever seen in any modern video game to date. Even with the so called "Remastered Ending" that stain will never be wiped from anyone's mind who experienced it. Every time I think "Mass Effect" now, all I can see is that Go Buy DLC message. Never buying another Bioware or EA game again. Expand
  52. Apr 26, 2016
    This Review is not paid by EA. This review is my personal opinion of the game itself.

Ever since I started playing Mass Effect, the very first one I love the beauty Bioware has put in this game. Even though EA rushed the ending and Bioware had to fix it up with the extended cut, I feel like: "What an Amazing Ride and Wonder does the series give me. I loved the trilogy so much that its like another Star Wars DVDs on Blu-Ray 1080p. Although I will miss my favorite characters: Garrus, Tali, Liara, Wrex, Grunt, Miranda, Leigon, Thane, Joker and Kaidan. My own Avengers team in a Mass Effect game. I will miss them so much. I hope in the future Bioware will put some references to our favorite characters (mine and yours) in the following future of Mass Effect games. I cannot wait to see what comes up next to our next Adventure: Mass Effect: Andromeda.

9/10 (I was not paid by EA, this is my own opinion and review of the game itself. If I were paid by EA I would make a Youtube Video about it.)
  53. Apr 25, 2016
    Way better than ME2 imo. It has some strong points and weak points but the biggest let down is the well known crappy ending, where all your choices didn't count which makes it one of the most unsatisfying endings in video games history. Plus the plot holes and things that are not right with the game codex.
  54. Apr 3, 2016
    A marvelous game in it's own right, it has been it's own worst enemy in becoming so popular and the focus on the monetization of the game. A decent end to the series, but it just falls short of being perfect.
  55. Mar 26, 2016
    Disclaimer:
    I've played the first and second Mass Effects with all of the story DLCs and played 55 hours of Mass Effect 3 clearing the story and all story related DLC. RPGs are one of my favourite genres.
    Intro: On Mass Effect 3 we once again take the role of Commander Shepard tasked yet again to save the universe from a threat we've been warning them about for the past 3 years and
    Disclaimer:

Intro:
    On Mass Effect 3 we once again take the role of Commander Shepard tasked yet again to save the universe from a threat we've been warning them about for the past 3 years and almost everyone chose to ignore the warnings.

What I liked:
    - The story - it's a good story except for the ending, more on that later.
    - Decisions that I made on ME1 and ME2 impacted how the story developed in ME3.
    - Minor improvements to the TPS mechanics.
    - I just had a single crash during my 55h of gameplay. This was a great improvement over ME2 where it crashed a lot!

What I didn't like:
    - The ending - this is a really bad ending, on a series based upon choice and consequences and after ME2's ending being based upon on decisions of the entire game this ending just doesn't fit the game. Basically every choice you ever made is thrown out of the window and you get to choose between 4 default endings. Worse than that, none of the endings fitted my playstyle because I was the ultimate paragon, my Shepard made peace everywhere and saved everyone and there's not a single ending good enough for the good I've been doing to the Mass Effect universe.
    - No menu hotkeys: a hotkey for the journal and squad menus were much appreciated in the first Mass Effect. Why aren't they in the second game? Why isn't there any way to add them?
    - Graphics seem somehow worse than Mass Effect 2. This may be because the Alliance's colour theme is darker but overall I got some weird shadows and graphical glitches.

Conclusion:
    This game is good if you completely ignore the ending. I really enjoyed closing the sub-plots of the different alien species in the universe and I absolutely loved the climax of my romance with Liara.
    The ending just ruins what was a great experience until then.
  56. Feb 29, 2016
    Considering what's sometimes said about it, I've never found it all that bad, the lack of controller support for PC is by far my largest dissapointment, but, so did 1 and 2 lack it, and like 2, there's a pretty solid mod out there to give it you back.Things I like, the combat in this is much improved over 1/2, it works smoother, there's more characters and more to do. Things I don't, theConsidering what's sometimes said about it, I've never found it all that bad, the lack of controller support for PC is by far my largest dissapointment, but, so did 1 and 2 lack it, and like 2, there's a pretty solid mod out there to give it you back.Things I like, the combat in this is much improved over 1/2, it works smoother, there's more characters and more to do. Things I don't, the characters are at times remarkably shallow, and so are their corresponding plots, the climax is, a little unclimatic to say the least. But, overall, gotta say I had alot of fun playing this, and in a world where there's slim pickings as far as RPGs are concerned, it's certainly one of the better ones Expand
  57. Feb 21, 2016
    Amazing sci-fi story. Like playing Star Trek with your own ship. Past Decisions carry over.

Graphics: 9
    Game play : 10
    World Design: 9
    Content: 9
    Immersion: 10
    Story: 10
  58. Feb 14, 2016
    The weapon customization isn't perfect, neither is the fighting, it is all third person cover based, and the original ending was a little confusing. I know that this is not a generally agreed on opinion, but I think that after all of the free dlc fixing some of the plot points I actually quite like ME3 and thought it was satisfying and very fun and I have played through it multiple timesThe weapon customization isn't perfect, neither is the fighting, it is all third person cover based, and the original ending was a little confusing. I know that this is not a generally agreed on opinion, but I think that after all of the free dlc fixing some of the plot points I actually quite like ME3 and thought it was satisfying and very fun and I have played through it multiple times and it always provides at least a somewhat new experience. I know many still dislike the "Extended wrist cut ending" but I thought it was pretty good. Expand
  59. Jan 22, 2016
    Mass Effect 3 is a schizohprenic conclusion of the serie's contradiction. The Mass Effect, seeing it in its full spectrum, seems to go in two separate ways - backwards and forward at the same time. While the gameplay part of the series was progressing into more and more competent pop-a-mole TPS, reaching a strong mediocrity with moderate speed of the fights and a better encounters' design;Mass Effect 3 is a schizohprenic conclusion of the serie's contradiction. The Mass Effect, seeing it in its full spectrum, seems to go in two separate ways - backwards and forward at the same time. While the gameplay part of the series was progressing into more and more competent pop-a-mole TPS, reaching a strong mediocrity with moderate speed of the fights and a better encounters' design; the storytelling and writing departments were slipping into the pit of awfulness of tumblr level of quality. No, really. I hope you didn't cringe too much at the "persuasion" of Saren in the first game, because Mass Effect 3 is really thousand times worse. It's so bad, that they even copy-pasted the said scene with the Illusive Man. There are still some average bits that can be counted in favor, like solving the Genophage and uniting the Geth with their old folks - in fact they feel like they were written by absolutely different people that wrote the major parts of the main quest - like the wunderwaffe, a living Protean or the Reapers invasion itself, not to mention the ending. I think it's enough to said that they efficiently turned the Reapers from vague masterminds of unknown, through the "I will get you next time Gadget!" cartoony villains, into space dragons with their own zombie hordes. What I'm saying is that the premise that was present in the first game, a premise for fantasy space-opera with s-f paint all over it was lost in favor of generic high-fantasy shlock where tumblrian fan-service was more important than its integrity itself. Enough said that the first two games are absolutely irrelevant after the first minute of the third game, since apparently all the Reapers needed were 5 years to reach the galaxy and take it in a matter of weeks. Sovereign and Harbringer are pretty dumb, if they tried to pull some more elaborate schemes (it's a fan-fic level of quality I've mentioned earlier) that were equally pointless and stupid. Why to activate the Citadel and uncover yourself in trying to do so, if in other case you need and extra 5 years to reach all of the Galaxy? Why to collect people to "build" a Reaper (there's some cartoon science right there) and then when you finally have material, time and safety to do so (after the invasion) to abandon the idea all together and just sit there doing nothing?
    Do you know what's the biggest irony here? That despite the absolutely garbage writing with some cherries among it, I enjoyed the third game the most of the three, The pop-a-mole part keeps you involved enough to finish the game, assuming you start on the Insane difficulty (anything less is pointless). It's the worst game overall, because the ratio of good vs bad is off the chart, unlikely to the first Mass Effect, that is sitting in one circle of mediocrity altogether.
    You can see that there was little thought and work put into the technical side of the game. The texture quality was really sub-par, voice acting is just terrible (accompanied by awfully written lines it gives a really bad outcime) and don't even let me start to talk about animations.
  60. Dec 31, 2015
    This game is a massive shift towards the worse, after the great first two games. The RPG element is completely gone, exploring is gone, character development is gone, all your decisions in the first two games are for squat as you get the same, **** rage-inducing ending. All those great choices you had to make, the Rachni's survival, Wrex, Samara/Morinth, Mordin's data, they are allThis game is a massive shift towards the worse, after the great first two games. The RPG element is completely gone, exploring is gone, character development is gone, all your decisions in the first two games are for squat as you get the same, **** rage-inducing ending. All those great choices you had to make, the Rachni's survival, Wrex, Samara/Morinth, Mordin's data, they are all inconsequential as you get the same **** ending anyway. Don't get me started about the ending, it's got to be the worst ending to one of the most anticipated games ever. I was worried about ME3 after the horrible experience of Dragon Age 2, and all my fears have come true. This is a rushed, terribly dumbed down game which feels like an insult to the dedicated fan base that Mass Effect had built in the past. All in all, the worst possible experience possible if you were a fan of the first two games. Please stay away. Expand
  61. Dec 1, 2015
    Great game, the decisions, the music its a shame that the cr@ppy ending wasnt fixed with the dlc but it its a good game overall, people need to realize that besides that ending it has been a good ride with shepard and his crew...
  62. Nov 29, 2015
    I don't understand the bad critics. This is a good game. Maybe the ending is not the best, but not as bad as they say. Sure I will play with it some times.
  63. Nov 17, 2015
    I've come across this comment on the "Mass Effect 3 ending controversy" - "I didn't know the ending was bad until I read it on the Internet".

This is a "review" inspired by my yet another walkthrough, when - yet again - the story for almost each character was unique, the different class choice resulted in very different playing experience, and the ending provoked some thought. One of

One of the best games I played.
  64. Nov 12, 2015
    Well, I'm sorry, but this is disgrace to franchise. So, let's be reasonable and mark pluses and minuses of this game
    Pluses:
    - The Soundtrack. Marvelous - Graphics. It's ok, but who care about graphics anyway? - Feeling of Galaxy united. Game has some closure Minuses: - Plot holes, plot holes everywhere (Fixed with EC DLC) - Combat and Role-Play systems sucks. It's action-RPG, not
    Pluses:
    - The Soundtrack. Marvelous
    - Graphics. It's ok, but who care about graphics anyway?
    - Feeling of Galaxy united. Game has some closure

Minuses:
    - Plot holes, plot holes everywhere (Fixed with EC DLC)
    - Combat and Role-Play systems sucks. It's action-RPG, not Call of Duty. The best of all 3 games this system was in original Mass Effect.
    - Galactic map. Fly to the system, collect artifact and then escape the Reapers - it's so redundant.
    - And of course, that ending. Now, in the end of year 2015, when Mass Effect Andromeda teaser revealed, I never re-completed Mass Effect 3 after Extension Cut DLC release. For me, franchise is ruined with that ending
  65. Nov 2, 2015
    The game has the best combat out of the series and is probably the most fun when it comes to weapon and armor choices. NEVER play the game to completion without the extended ending and even then you will probably just choose to make up an ending for it. No your choices in the other games rarely mattered despite what they told us.

The game does deserve a better score if you decide to

The game does deserve a better score if you decide to play just this one game in the series probably a 10 out of 10. If you decided to play the entire series you will wish this game never existed due to the ending they gave us. The ending however is not the sole reason a game should be scored however it did kill my 10/10 down to a 7/10.

Multiplayer is extremely fun and addicting I literally bought a used PS3 to play it with my brother for a while on his ps3.
  66. Oct 24, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The awesome game series with nice story... destroyed by the ending...
    In every minute of the game I was so excited. Even at the last mission. But the last few minutes of game was terrible. It made that I'm still confused because the ending was weird?
    Anyway. Good game destroyed by the ending. The worst ending in game ever.
  67. Oct 16, 2015
    I rate this game at a zero out of ten. I loved ME 1 and 2. I loved the character interactions, the choices, the worlds they made. ME1 had amazing words and vistas to see, and lots of them. ME2 had better game-play and amazing voice acting. Both games filled me with suspense and trepidation concerning the Reapers and the all out battle to come. ME3 did not deliver for this all out, beI rate this game at a zero out of ten. I loved ME 1 and 2. I loved the character interactions, the choices, the worlds they made. ME1 had amazing words and vistas to see, and lots of them. ME2 had better game-play and amazing voice acting. Both games filled me with suspense and trepidation concerning the Reapers and the all out battle to come. ME3 did not deliver for this all out, be all- end all battle with the Sentient machines. The ending(s) were the biggest letdown I have ever experienced. My recommendation: Do not get this game.

For all of the hype, the writing was appalling, thanks to the lead writer Mac Walters. The entire mood of the game, the characters and interactions, even the ending was nothing but pathetic doom and gloom. There is no "win", merely completion of the game (which has absolutely zero replay value). What could have been the best game in history turned out to be a massive let down that leaves you wondering if you messed something up to get such a disgraceful ending.

BioWare has lost the spark. Sadly, the talent that made wonderful and fun games have all left. While the visual artists did a good job (with the exception of 8-bit running models and worse graphics than ME2) the stories that brought us joy and fun and the feeling of fresh and new worlds are simply not there in ME3. The overall arc/plot of this game is horrendous - clearly indicating a lack of skill and / or talent from the writing leads.
  68. Sep 23, 2015
    Now that I have been able to actually play it, I thought I'd post about the actual game. I'm not going to go into any spoilers, but I will address some of the furor about the game in the end.

First off, the gameplay is probably the worst in the series. Control is a mess. A single control is used for running, ducking into cover, mantling, and using. Nothing is worse than running

First off, the gameplay is probably the worst in the series.

Control is a mess. A single control is used for running, ducking into cover, mantling, and using. Nothing is worse than running down a hallway to put some distance between you and an opponent and get caught near a wall or ledge and duck into cover, or having to stop to use an interactable object. Simply stupid. There still is no jump option, but a double click of the said "universal" button will cause you to make a dive roll. While melee attacks make an appearance, it's totally useless with the "universal" button, except in surprise.

Missions finally received a notification on the map, but only the important ones. Hell, you have to actually keep track of side quests on your own. You woun't know if you completed a sidequest until you try to go back and do it again. There is no notification that you have what you need and are allowed to turn it in. Some of these are actually worth turning in for the assets they provide.

Inventory is even more opaque than ME2. While they did have a comparison guide that showed the difference between your equipped item and an observed item, it's done in bars and not numbers. Call me simple, but I prefer numbers to bar graphs. This is where ease of information ends. Once you have a certain brand of weapon, you can then purchase the next in the series (I, II, III, IV, V), but all it says is that it improves the item. Doesn't give any specifics on what is improved, or give comparisons to justify the cost. WHEN you find the weapon makes no difference in it's ability. The crappiest shotgun in the game isn't found until late the second act and it costs more than the better selections to upgrade. So price does not equal benefit.

Level design is questionable, at best. Some is just downright mindboggling. It's like the level designers had no idea how the mechanics of the game would function. Few are designed reasonably well, good flow and logical objectives with just enough variety to allow for varied gameplay. Most of the time, run and gun is simply the best option. After a while, you get locked into the mindset of run and gun when they try to force you into a different mindset and you have to die before realising that you needed to go easy this time. There was simply more bad than good here.

Saying that the difficulty was cranked up is a like saying 1.01 is technically greater than 1.

For all the complaints about the ending, it's not really a surprise that it ends the way it does. This game promised unprecedented agency, but realistically speaking couldn't deliver within the formats it was targeting. The ending, viewed through a lense of time and complaints past, really highlights that it was a big furor for all the wrong reasons. The ending was completely viable as an ending. An anticlimactic ending. The omissions in narrative aside, the whole story was well done. This is about the only thing that was.

The rest of the game is what was messed up. This whole climactic build up that was pretty much spent in a cutscene. A cutscene that is the same in every way, no matter what the play though. No, I'm not talking about the red/green/blue ending, but the assault on Earth. All the running around you did meant nothing to the game other that what color ending you got. There is no pitched battle for Earth. I honestly expected some movement around the globe to take back strongholds and then finally attack the the main objective.

Nope, just a final board upon landing. The moments of fighting among the your various rallied troops is but a passing nod to what you did. The real loss of the illusion of agency wasn't the ending, it's everything that built up to it. None of it mattered. If you rallied factions A, B, C, E, and G and lost D and F. No biggie. Didn't cost you anything, but MAYBE a missing person to talk to. Hell, one faction is pretty much completely missing even if you had not done any of the others.

Maybe if each faction was tasked with taking back a part of Earth and was as long as the final objective and the final objective was twice as long, it might have felt like an accomplishment. As it is, the final level is noticeably short and plainly evident that what you did meant nothing. I never once thought to myself, "I'm sure glad I have faction X at my side in this fight!" Doesn't matter. That is the real problem.

TL:DR - Story good. Gameplay bad. EA failed to deliver in gameplay what the excellent narrative provided.

Shame.
  69. Sep 21, 2015
    Thank you, Bioware, for Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3, for unforgetable story, characters, gameplay and the time spent while playing it.
  70. Sep 15, 2015
    The storyline was epic, well until you had to make the choice, then it became an dramatically epic failure unless you had HEMEM dlc, no it wasn't that they made it an epic failure it was your team mates being utter morons like those who wrote the so called AI for them, good thing the experts aren't leading our soldiers in real life, bileware you might want to hire real experts in modernThe storyline was epic, well until you had to make the choice, then it became an dramatically epic failure unless you had HEMEM dlc, no it wasn't that they made it an epic failure it was your team mates being utter morons like those who wrote the so called AI for them, good thing the experts aren't leading our soldiers in real life, bileware you might want to hire real experts in modern combat techniques to write the programming or send the one's they have now to train ISIS fighters then at least they would be useful, since that way ISIS wouldn't be able to hit the broadside of the planet Expand
  71. Sep 11, 2015
    I really REALLY wanted to love this game, I've been a long time fan of the series.

I will say this game expanded upon the high points of the series like combat, the great lore and story behind the universe. However after almost $200 dollars into the series and a number of playthroughs I find the 3rd installment to be a mockery of the actual idea behind the game itself. I also hate to

However after almost $200 dollars into the series and a number of playthroughs I find the 3rd installment to be a mockery of the actual idea behind the game itself. I also hate to rehash the same things everyone else says but the ending was terrible, I would've liked more after all the time invested in the story, my choices to mean more than a choice between three colors of fireworks.

I would also point out before the first game came out a much more compelling story was planned but somehow leaked onto the internet and was exchanged for the story we have now.
  72. Ume
    Sep 10, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The worst game in the series by a wide margin. Every place you visit is just corridors with cover all over the place. Mars? Palaven? Rannoch? Once you get to the locations, it could be anywhere. Nothing about them stands out. The dialogue is painfully bad, the story and pacing are terrible, even previously beloved squad members are just disappointing this time. None of previous choices matter at all, and the ending to the trilogy? Well, it's just...dumb. Do yourself a favor and don't waste money on this piece of corporate shill. Expand
  73. Sep 8, 2015
    I waited a long time to play this game, mainly because of Origin and the low ratings. I was right about Origin, but wrong about the ratings. Mass Effect 3 is a great addition to the ME series.

+ Story: Like the previous ME games, ME3 also has a great story. The final two hours are almost like a movie. Yes, I would have made the ending different, too, but honestly, it's not THAT bad and giving less than a 7 or 8 rating because of it is ridiculous. I played the extended version.
    + Characters: The series has always had some of the best and most believable characters and it hasn't changed.
    + The game has moved the series forward technically by a lot. Movement, shooting, the interface - it all looks and feels much better.
    + The presentation (graphics, sound, cutscenes, videos) is fantastic.
    + Your choices from the previous games are all saved and there are many new ones to make.
    + Lots of customizable weapons and armors.
    + Good NG+ implementation.

- DLCs. Just stop this **** When I pay for a game, I want all of it.
    - Origin: Origin is useless crapware, like Uplay. Always online sucks. Let me play the single player without internet. I will never pay the full price for Origin games, but rather wait until they're for sale.
    - The ending: It was delivered flawlessly, but there are definitely some things about it that don't make a lot of sense.

In the end Mass Effect 3 is an outstanding game that provides dozens of hours of entertainment with a somewhat controversial ending.
  74. Aug 10, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have always enjoyed Mass Effect universe, and first two games... I also liked this third installation, but there were some issues I have had...

First, I really hate the special events you can see only if you have the specific save imported from ME2... I really wanted to have peace between Geth and Quarians, now because of it, Tali killed herself, and I still am blaming myself for it. It is fun to have a correlation between games, but it shouldn't have such big effects, IMHO.

Second, the fighting mechanic was a bit buggy, taking cover gets weird time to time, and I get shot at easily during those buggy moments (even die) I cannot remember if previous versions had this issue.

Third, the story was OK, ending scenes were copies of each other, which I didn't like. The problem was the forced multiplayer into the single player game with this readiness effect. Even though there is such a forced issue, the reward for getting 4000+ points with high RE ratio, was just to see Shepard in the final scene for a split second. I think there should have been more storytelling in the end.

And finally, fourth, I really wanted it to be longer... I finished it in 2 days, in which I tried to talk to everyone and finished every side quest, together with all DLC content. Still took so little time to finish, I think with ME1 & ME2 style exploration stuff would make a longer game than this.

Still it was fun, and loved to see this lovely universe BioWare created, hope EA won't destroy the fun further...
  75. Aug 6, 2015
    Mass Effect 3 is not the best game in the series, but it's definitely a good one. Left alone the whole ending controversy, the game is excellent. Choices, especially the one between the Geth and the Quarians, are still pretty difficult and intriguing. A much larger variety of guns are brought into the game, and they give the game a sense of progress. The combat is fast and exciting, thoughMass Effect 3 is not the best game in the series, but it's definitely a good one. Left alone the whole ending controversy, the game is excellent. Choices, especially the one between the Geth and the Quarians, are still pretty difficult and intriguing. A much larger variety of guns are brought into the game, and they give the game a sense of progress. The combat is fast and exciting, though sometimes in some side missions it can get repetitive. Mass Effect 3 also has the atmosphere of apocalypse that Mass Effect 1 and 2 don't. The desperation and struggle of the whole universe can be easily felt. The ending, after the Extended Cut, is okay. It's still a lot worse than the epic battle in Mass Effect 2, but it does make some sense and gives us a final conclusion about Shepard and the whole Reaper mystery. Overall, it's a finale that doesn't reach the level of Mass Effect 2 but still pretty satisfying and powerful. Expand
  76. Jul 19, 2015
    Perfect game with a perfect ending. The critics are usually too simple-minded to accept an ending that did not go as to their expectations. Many critiques expected that in the end they will be perceived as heros and everything will be "resolved". The ending was nothing like that and I loved it about the game. It is acceptable for movies to end like this, but not for a game?
    Mass Effect 3
    Mass Effect 3 is also the best game in the trilogy in my opinion - a rare thing for something to only get better.
  77. Jul 13, 2015
    There is no way to review this game fairly. So much is so good about it, and so much is so terrible about it. I will do a pros and cons list as I think that's the only way to really get an idea for what you are getting into. Before I do, let me state for the record that Mass Effect 2 was and still is my favorite game of all time. Let me also give you some advice - if you are playingThere is no way to review this game fairly. So much is so good about it, and so much is so terrible about it. I will do a pros and cons list as I think that's the only way to really get an idea for what you are getting into. Before I do, let me state for the record that Mass Effect 2 was and still is my favorite game of all time. Let me also give you some advice - if you are playing this for the first time, use the MEHEM mod. It is the only way to salvage the ending. Either that or let Marauder Shields cut you down and never watch the actual ending. You'll know when it happens.

PROS
    Excellent art
    Excellent combat
    Excellent dialogue
    Excellent DLC
    Great moments in the story. Legion on Rannoch always makes me tear up. Same with Mordin on Tuchanka.
    Great dialogue. Drunk Tali FTW.
    Marauder Shields.

CONS
    The ending. The extended cut does nothing to address the problems. Anybody who thinks it does is simply not paying attention.
    Cut corners(femshep running out of combat animations are a good example)
    Kai Leng. Why am I afraid of a dude with a sword when I literally have a computer sword on my arm and/or space magic and guns?
    Horrible dialogue. See Kai Leng. See also James Vega. See also Miranda. See also Jacob. Again.
    Blatant cash grab(you win! Buy DLC!)
    Star Baby.
    The Illusive Man going from excellent bad guy with believable motivations to total moron absentee landlord.
    Streamlined combat. I miss the Blue Suns. I miss getting hit with biotics.
    Kai Leng again.
    Lack of character differentiation in cut scenes(I'm a biotic, why am I always(or ever) pulling a pistol? And why is my pistol always the crappy one I NEVER use?)
    Bullet sponges are not a good gameplay mechanic. Ever. Banshees could have been so much scarier. They ultimately just bore and/or infuriate me.
    The ending(guys, the ending is AWFUL. There is a reason for the terrible reviews)
    Lack of choice(5 or 6 real choices, everything else just goes the same)
    Lack of consequences(see also lack of choices)
    Female characters that look like they were based off a 13 year old's fantasies(See EDI cameltoe, See also Liara boobs, see also Ashley default outfit)
    Killing characters that I worked to keep alive HARD in ME2 offscreen is a sin(sorry Kelly)
    Planet scanning is not a side quest.
    No variety in hub worlds, just the citadel. I want my Illium back.
    Kai Leng again(Bioware, I get that you wanted a cool villain. But the douche to scary ratio is too high, partly because he's not scary(see swords don't scare my space gun wielding badass) and partly because he is full douche)
    Star Baby again.
    Dat ending.

Do I play Mass Effect 3 multiple times? Yes. Do I always feel cheated each time? Yes. But I always end up playing it again. Bioware and EA, somehow you have found a way to give me disappointment on demand. I pre ordered this game, and this game has guaranteed I will never pre order a game again. Continue doing business this way and you will not stay in business. This game has very much earned its user score.

On a side note, you can very clearly see what is wrong with game journalism today by comparing the user score to the curated score. This game made me stop looking at journalist reviews, period. You have proven that you cannot be trusted to be honest.
  78. Jul 7, 2015
    I am a HUGE Mass Effect fan, and I got so say that the third is the best. It's combat system has been improved a lot, it's amount of dialogues are numerous, it's humor is great, and it's story awesome!

However, a few mentions about it's flaws: It's a shame that it doesn't give you the chance to involve any of your previous party members from the second game. Even if some of them has

However, a few mentions about it's flaws:

It's a shame that it doesn't give you the chance to involve any of your previous party members from the second game. Even if some of them has good reasons, it should still be an option to include them, and take the consequences of them joining you.
    The ending which a lot of people are mad about are worth mentioning as well. I personally love the explanation of why the reapers do the cycles, it makes sense, especially from a machines cold couculations. However, what disappointed me the most, what the unresolved matter with the Illusive man. Everything in 2 and 3 points to that he has a plan with the reapers that could be useful and effective, but morally screwed, but he is just indoctrinated for no reason, which is a huge letdown for me.

Those are the two main reasons that I don't give this game a 10/10, because it just remove some of the best things in Mass Effect that could have made it completely epic.
  79. Jun 30, 2015
    An amazing game with a disappointing ending. Bioware flopped, big time. The multiplayer is very enjoyable, and the game itself will keep you on the edge of your seat. Players who start with 3 will probably think this to be one of the best games of all time, and it is in a sense. However, long time fans will be let down with the ending. Having believed for years that your actions in 1 and 2An amazing game with a disappointing ending. Bioware flopped, big time. The multiplayer is very enjoyable, and the game itself will keep you on the edge of your seat. Players who start with 3 will probably think this to be one of the best games of all time, and it is in a sense. However, long time fans will be let down with the ending. Having believed for years that your actions in 1 and 2 will somehow impact the outcome you will be faced with the reality that this isn't so, and that the endings aren't even that different.

Take what you will from this, the hype mislead it's fans. And bioware is still paying for this.
  80. Jun 24, 2015
    After reading some of these comments... how can some people give this a rating of 0 because of the ending? So 20 minutes of gameplay out of 24-30 hours of gameplay is a good reason to give this a 0, 1, or even a 2. I know some have given good explanations for their ratings but some are just biased to read.

The fact is. I had fun throughout this entry of mass effect, it is weaker than

The fact is. I had fun throughout this entry of mass effect, it is weaker than the other 2 but it was a hell of a ride for me. The problems I had from this game though were 3 things. Lack of character interaction, mission and side missions and the ending. So lack of character interaction really bothered me because in mass effect 1 or 2. You could be able to talk with your squad after every mission and you could talk about them, you would talk about their family, their personal lives and etc. and you could choose to what to say. But what mass effect 3 really does is that they give these one directional liners which does talk about what's going on with the mission. But it takes away your ability to choose conversation options which is a real letdown in my opinion. 2nd complaint is the missions and side missions. Although the priority missions make sense to the story. The side missions and journals fell like a chore to gain war assets so that you can thrive for that "prefect ending". Unlike journal/side missions in mass effect 1-2. They would either consist of exploration, fighting baddies and etc. But mass effect 3. Most journal missions are achievable by scanning which is also a let down.

And lastly the ending is the biggest problem to the series. Ya sure the ending sucks but it is difficult to end off a kickass trilogy. (I couldn't even think of any better endings as well.) I don't know why this ending was made. The 3 choices are stupid and dumb if you think about it. It should have been. Activate the crisable and let it do it's job. There shouldn't have been those 3 endings. It felt like bioware was going toward the deus ex style of ending but failed. And the extended cut doesn't help at all... it just explains stuff in detail but doesn't change the initial ending. Starchild was also a nuisance as well... ever since I went up in that elevator and saw starchild, I knew the ending was bad.

But honestly overall, I had a great time playing this game, the game's combat was entertaining and there was so much stuff that made the game so memorable. Bioware did let me down in a way... but I was happy I played this game. I had the chance to not to buy this game despite reading the hate reviews on this game. But I did and I don't regret any of it.
  81. Jun 23, 2015
    I will short, the best gameplay of the three, very epic scenes between characters, customization of weapons and armor remarkable and moments in the story really incredible. Now the relationship between characters is much shallower, the role component goes unnoticed, no exploration and really very linear, the dialogues an LIMITED decayed quite often a good choice and a bad choice. and aI will short, the best gameplay of the three, very epic scenes between characters, customization of weapons and armor remarkable and moments in the story really incredible. Now the relationship between characters is much shallower, the role component goes unnoticed, no exploration and really very linear, the dialogues an LIMITED decayed quite often a good choice and a bad choice. and a disastrous end. Expand
  82. Jun 19, 2015
    I'll only list the bad things about the game because everything else was ace.

- Poorly written and implemented ending
    - lack of an ending boss fight
    - autodialouge even though dialogue was a strong point in the game; would have preferred the usual cinematic dialogue
    -need more sidequests(personal pet peeve)
    -lazy writing in some areas like Cerberus

9/10 game though.
  83. Jun 19, 2015
    ME3 was damn near a masterpiece. Was the ending bad? No. But was it terribly implemented? Yes in all ways. If after having a field day at an amusement park end with some guy throwing up on you, you consider it to be the "worst day ever" you didn't deserve to go, and that's what the ME franchise has been. ME1 was great, had it's hiccups but where it shined was the sense of scale, it'sME3 was damn near a masterpiece. Was the ending bad? No. But was it terribly implemented? Yes in all ways. If after having a field day at an amusement park end with some guy throwing up on you, you consider it to be the "worst day ever" you didn't deserve to go, and that's what the ME franchise has been. ME1 was great, had it's hiccups but where it shined was the sense of scale, it's combat fell short. It was fine but we needed more. ME2 was great in characters, you felt more for your squad then you ever did before, in return you lost alot of that scale, but still great. ME3 took from both and ended with something almost spectacular. Felt bigger than 2 but not as big as 1, characters were almost as good as 2 way better than 1, and it's combat blew 'em both outta the water. That ending though. Expand
  84. Jun 17, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As the follow up to probably my favorite game of all time and the conclusion to an epic trilogy that gripped me from its first moments, Mass Effect 3 had a lot to live up to in my eyes. Now several years removed from its release and the controversy over the ending, I feel like I can finally look back on it objectively. The game gripped me from the first moments of play and had me on the edge of my seat up until about the Thessia mission. Kai "Plot Missiles" Leng was the first sign of danger and by the time I got to the end, I experienced pretty crushing disappointment. In trying so hard not to go for a conventional ending, Bioware fumbled at the goal line in the last play of the Superbowl. I was devastated. They could have given us the ending everyone expected - Shepard dies but destroys the Reapers and saves the galaxy - and that would have been good enough for me even if cliched and expected. Instead, we were left with a mess that was only marginally improved when they released the extended ending dlc. So why the high rating? Two things primarily. First, the multiplayer, which I went in not expecting to care for but came to love. It was slick, fun, and engaging, with great gameplay and I had so many hours of fun with it. Second, despite the fumbled ending, most of the game was indeed great. I didn't love the ending, no, but this game was still worth it, and it is still part of probably the greatest video game series of all time in my humble opinion. Expand
  85. Jun 16, 2015
    The only bad thing in that game was that THAT ! ENDING !!!!!! WHY ?!?! EA WHYYYYY!!!!! Everything in this game was amazing . Anyway i will rate 10/10 because it is amazing. :-)
  86. Jun 6, 2015
    After 2 or 3 years and 2 computers, I still cannot even truly start this game. Near the beginning, during the tutorial there is a door. It refuses to open. I can't fairly rate the rest of the game, but so far what I have personally experienced is:
    Un-skippable cutscenes
    Poor Controls A game breaking bug at the beginning of the game Weird physics and general glitchyness (Sheppard
    Un-skippable cutscenes
    Poor Controls
    A game breaking bug at the beginning of the game
    Weird physics and general glitchyness (Sheppard noticeably sunk into the floor for example)
    Poor graphics control (Got motion sickness? Good luck.)
  87. Jun 4, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A pesar de que el final fue confuso y algo inesperado para los fans de Mass Effect, creo que este juego supera a los anteriores en cuanto a jugabilidad e historia. Hay momentos en los que disfrutaba mucho mas ver las cinematicas de Mass Effect 3 que una pelicula. Momentos de tristeza y felicidad que me mantuvieron DENTRO del juego y sentia que vivia dentro de la Normandia. Pero lo que simplemente me dejo sin palabras son las acciones heroicas que Shepard pudo lograr realizar, tales como la cura de la **** la solucion al conflicto quarianos - geth, todos los problemas que se habian presentado en los anteriores Mass Effects.

Mass Effect 3 no se merece un 5, se merece mucho mas, creo que hay personas que estan exagerando un poco, solo siguen a la "masa" y realizan criticas negativas. Uno de los mejores juegos que he jugado, 10/10
  88. Jun 1, 2015
    wtf was that ending??? The game is very fun... unite the galaxy to fight the reapers. But that end?? **** it. don't have words to describe how **** this end was.
  89. May 29, 2015
    I gave it a 9/10 only because the free DLC made that wtf! ending more bearable and much time has passed. I have forgiven all the insults - like that we don't understand art - and all the empty promises made by Hudson during the years before release - like 'there will not be an End Reapers Button!' and 'your choices will matter' - uhm... yeah...
    ME3 is a very good game if I look at what's
    ME3 is a very good game if I look at what's in it and forget my - hyped by Bioware- expectations.
  90. May 21, 2015
    Estubo OK.
    Realmente la jugabilidad es genial y sus cinemáticas tambien, pero, no encontré tan enganchante el juego a final de cuentas y el final, es algo decepcionante e incluso creo que es el mismo que he visto en el 2.
  91. May 19, 2015
    A lot of people criticise the ending of ME3. Okay, there are better endings for a game. Nevertheless this is a really good game. Gameplay is as expected, the skilltrees (thank you bioware) got a bit larger then in ME2, graphics are good and story is thrilling.
    Unfortunately the characters lack depth in comparison to ME2. For me, this was much more an issue then the ending of the game. The attachment you had to your crew in ME2 is missing completely. Sometimes I even avoided people on the Normandy, because they were unsympathetic.
    But it still is a good game.
  92. May 15, 2015
    The game play felt more like a action game than a Epic Space Role Playing Game this time around. They dumbed everything down massively, why I have no ideal. I kept playing and playing, to get to the end which, you simply should not even do. Once I did get to the end, even with the extended ending, it makes you feel as though all the hundreds of hours you spent with Mass Effect 1 and 2 wereThe game play felt more like a action game than a Epic Space Role Playing Game this time around. They dumbed everything down massively, why I have no ideal. I kept playing and playing, to get to the end which, you simply should not even do. Once I did get to the end, even with the extended ending, it makes you feel as though all the hundreds of hours you spent with Mass Effect 1 and 2 were a complete waste of time. The ending of the game destroys the entire series, and makes you feel as though the entire series was a waste of time. For some bizarre reason, the makers of the game defend this ending, even though it ruins the entire franchise. Expand
  93. Apr 20, 2015
    Less choice. Less rpg elements. Bad story. Loved Bioware. can't believe this is the same company that made jade empire and kotor. i guess all good things come to an end.
  94. Mar 29, 2015
    Behold Mass Effect 3, a victim of greed, the "good enough" approach, and America's corporate devil assuming direct control (yay puns) of an innocent Canadian developer. Mass Effect 3 had the potential of being a masterpiece, and even showed signs of it- BioWare improved the combat system, adding new guns, keeping the epic old ones (Mattock FTW!!!), and adding heavy melee, combat rolls, andBehold Mass Effect 3, a victim of greed, the "good enough" approach, and America's corporate devil assuming direct control (yay puns) of an innocent Canadian developer. Mass Effect 3 had the potential of being a masterpiece, and even showed signs of it- BioWare improved the combat system, adding new guns, keeping the epic old ones (Mattock FTW!!!), and adding heavy melee, combat rolls, and instant kills from cover. The graphics are truly stunning, the new enemies are challenging and sometimes can scare your socks off, and BioWare brought back the awesome characters from previous games- Garrus, Grunt, or anyone you didn't kill. But what mainly brought the game down was the all-too famous ending (or endings). Even with the Extended Cut DLC (which is a cheap way to squeeze even more $$$$$ out of you, it only adds a few lines to the "ending"), it's basically like a magician saying, "Pick a card! Any card!" It's basically just choosing between A, B, and C (and D with EC). The worst part: It's littered with plot holes. For the sake of those who haven't played it yet, I won't say too much about the ending, but I can assure you, it's one of the worst endings in video game history. What also brought the game down was the INSANE amount of DLCs. There's literally like 14 DLCs! It's crazy! Why on Earth must someone pay more for a game that's already theirs?! Also, characters like Jack, Miranda, Kelly, and Jacob were like completely left to hang and dry. In the end, Mass Effect may be addicting for its sweet game-play, and interesting characters, but the rest of the game just sends you away empty.

So yeah. EA Mass ef*cked Mass Effect 3. Or at least they came very close to doing so.
  95. Mar 28, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is incredible the gameplay is good, a fluid combat system. I loved the missions the game is unfortunately hated I think it deserves good reviews.The three problems I have with the game is the ending and the way the devolpors reacted to it the fact that the ending had to be dlc is terrible.the other thing I dislike is the betrayel of fans with the javik dlc,the fans wanted this important piece of lore the protheon.
    He is a poor character with a disrespect for all character.overall a great game it deserves more positive attention
  96. Mar 26, 2015
    People heavily criticize this game for its ending, but I found it to be fairly consistent with the rest of this sequel's content - contradictory, confused, cliche, and just horribly written.

It's painfully obvious that Bioware lost some valuable people in all departments after ME2, and that while Mac Walters did a decent job as a character writer in the past, a lead writing position is beyond his current abilities. I mean, Mass Effect never had Pulitzer-winning content but when all the fun and well-established character is sucked out of a series by genuinely BAD dialogue and truly ridiculous story elements, it's a damn shame.

Positives? Great combat, some epic setpieces (squandered unfortunately), and a sense of closure. The guns feel and sound better than ever. Quickly dodging from cover to cover, or launching quickly over barriers with a double-tap of the spacebar is great. The quality and variety of new enemies is very good. The multiplayer is ACTUALLY FUN - though not too varied.

The maps are good, though rarely memorable.

Most cutscenes are impressive.

The new character of Javik is great. The fact that you only get him with the From Ashes DLC is RIDICULOUS. Should be included with the base game as he adds a significant amount of context and depth to the story.

Negatives? Terrible new characters: James Vega - bodybuilding Jersey Shore dudebro, Diana Allers - pointless embedded journalist in a little rubber dress, Kai Leng - evil space ninja (not kidding). WTF Bioware. Maybe these characters are supposed to somehow be canon, but were just introduced and utilized poorly - my point that they are terrible in this game still stands.

The faces of many of the characters have been changed from ME2, and simply look bad. Joker comes to mind right away. What the hell is going on with his mouth? This is an inexplicable step back from the models and animations in ME2.

Model glitching and bad camera during dialogue. (You'd think they'd have figured this out by now.)

Painfully bad and cliche dialogue with terrible pacing. Mac Walters loves cheesey Hollywood military action movies, apparently. He's about as good at re-creating their content as a 14-year-old boy though. Doesn't stop him from trying. Moral choices seem tacked-on and weird, but that's probably just the writing.

Disappointingly dumbed-down inventory and leveling for the sake of console kiddies. Not much RPG left, but that could be said for ME2 as well, I guess.

More overpriced DLC horsecrap. We hate you for good reason, EA. You should figure out a way to monetize that.

ME1 is one of my favourite games of all time - even with its blemishes. It's a damn shame this series had to end (Yes, I know about ME4 - but after this, I'm done with this series) with a wet noodle of a game that is a mere shadow of what it should and could have been.
  97. Mar 25, 2015
    I loved this franchise, but they really crashed and burned this game, no longer do you feel like you're going on an adventure exploring a galaxy, no longer you get the feeling of your choices making an impact in your game
    Most redeeming feature is the Multiplayer, that's still pretty fun
  98. Feb 28, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Amazing, better than mass effect 2 in my opinion. Generally loved the ending which was mature and bleak (ie realistic). Genuinely bioware has greater a galaxy in which you actually enjoying spending your time and where you care about the characters and their futures, which is a triumph in my opinion. There is certainly good replayability here to recruit the different races etc. honestly cannot fault this game. The ending was bound to be controversial but with the free extended cut dlc I honestly believe it was awesome start to finish. Expand
  99. Feb 25, 2015
    I had to post a review on this because of how many people rated a zero. the game was great, yeah its hard to follow up ME1 and ME2, but thats why the series is great. I dont need to detail the game, the franchise speaks for itself. sorry to the haters that it didn't meet your expectations, sounds like a user error.
  100. Feb 25, 2015
    It is worth 6 or 7, but since I loved ME1, and since ME2 is in my top 5 best games ever, I give it an 8. I guess that the devs'contract mentionned a "multiplayer experience", that forced them to give up too much of the RPG aspect...
  101. Mar 6, 2012
    As a big fan of multiple RPGs, and fan of the first two Mass Effect games, this game does not live up to current RPG standards. The plot is unusually boring, the gameplay is surprisingly lacking, the graphics and animations have barely been touched since ME2, and worst of all the game's ending is the biggest let down I've witnessed in years. The most outrageous thing about ME3 is that theAs a big fan of multiple RPGs, and fan of the first two Mass Effect games, this game does not live up to current RPG standards. The plot is unusually boring, the gameplay is surprisingly lacking, the graphics and animations have barely been touched since ME2, and worst of all the game's ending is the biggest let down I've witnessed in years. The most outrageous thing about ME3 is that the day one downloadable content contains information that is crucial to the series as a whole. This game was the biggest letdown to me in years, and I almost feel as if I have been ripped off. Collapse

1. Apr 11, 2012