7.7

1. Nov 7, 2012
    (Reader beware, the adoration this game has created in it's fans has caused many of them to become so distraught by an admittedly poorly executed final ending, that many fans have forgotten the brilliance of the games as a whole. In time, those who recover from their bitterness will admit to the outstanding qualities that his game series possesses.)

The most brilliant sci-fi trilogy
    since Starwars: Episodes IV-VI. An incredibly immersive universe, fleshed out in brilliant graphic style and superb story telling. Don't take my word for it, pick up the series and prepare to be engaged for days and days.

I can honestly say that the series as a whole will forever impact the personal and professional aspects of the gaming world for years. Critic's of video gaming who claim that games are not a true art have never seen a game like this.

Story 10/10
    The sheer volume of backstory that was developed for this series is absolutely overwhelming. The universe has been completely imagined and discovering the rich history and scientific musing is one of the most enjoyable aspects of this game. The actual story that takes place as you play the game seems as if it was pulled from an award winning novel or film. You will never forget the parallels you discover, the choices you make, and the characters that develop before your eyes.

Music 10/10
    The OST for this game is absolutely brilliant. Even the ambiance in many of the games areas only add more immersion. The few tracks by The Faunts in the game are perfectly suited for the Neo-Milkyway.

Gameplay 8/10
    If any criticism could given for this series, it lies in some of the game-play mechanics, although many of the issues players had with the first game's game-play were effectively addressed by the developers in the second and third games. But don't be dissuaded, the story easily makes up for any lacks in initial lacks in gameplay.

Graphics 10/10
    Pushing the boundaries of style and beauty while remaining playable and many older or less expensive PC systems, this series leaves nothing to be desired in terms of its aesthetic value. As you move through the battlefield the effects and firepower are impressive displays, only serving to enrich your immersion.

Value 10/10
    Why is this game such a great buy? Other than all of the reasons listed above, it has re-playability. Every choice made can be made again, differently. Every ally lost has a chance to be saved. There are several classes with unique abilities to be mastered.

Overall this game series may very well be my favorite Action-RPG of all time, but don't take my word for it, pick up the series and prepare to be engaged for days and days.
  2. Nov 15, 2012
    I am writing this review to help readers wade through the mounds of bad reviews and get to the heart of the matter which is: Mass Effect Trilogy is one of the best buys for your money, a great single player and epic multi-player experience. I played the ME1 single player campaign 11 times through, ME2 3x through and ME3 3x through. I have spent roughly 700 hours playing the multi-player which is FREE and they keep adding new content weekly. No other game can boast that. Anyone who reviews this series and gives it a 7 or under is harboring a personal grudge of some sorts. Most bad reviews have stemmed from some hardcore fans who did not like being forced to make tough choices at the end of Mass Effect 3. I must admit, I wanted more or different options myself but it was an epic experience nonetheless. Buy This Game if you are looking for Hundreds of Hours of fun and an unbeatable story experience. Expand
  3. Apr 15, 2014
    Some best traveled RPG elements game, with a best mechanic from Unreal Engine 3. The worst part is, when you choose line between to go with "Don't ask, don't tell" line where you can screw up with men-seeking-men instead of men-seeking-women, while men, was having fun with men-seeking-women, women-seeking-women, or women-seeking-men....

There are no critic reviews yet.