Max Payne 3 PC

7.6

1. Jul 16, 2013
    I'm a long time fan of the Max Payne games. Max Payne 1 blew my mind, Max Payne 2 was an awesome sequel, but Max Payne 3 is something completely different in a bad way. When I played Max Payne 3 the first thing that disappointing me was the lack of gritty atmosphere. I was hoping for something like in the previous Max Payne games, some sad, depressing music with depressed Max Payne talkingI'm a long time fan of the Max Payne games. Max Payne 1 blew my mind, Max Payne 2 was an awesome sequel, but Max Payne 3 is something completely different in a bad way. When I played Max Payne 3 the first thing that disappointing me was the lack of gritty atmosphere. I was hoping for something like in the previous Max Payne games, some sad, depressing music with depressed Max Payne talking every now and then. Next the story, simply putting it, it was cheesy as hell. Then the gameplay, why did they have to make it as a checkpoint game. The usual ''save whenever you want'' way is much better and less frustrating. The only good thing that I can say is about the graphics, they are pretty good, but that's it. A huge disappointment for me as a Max Payne fan. Expand
  2. Sep 18, 2013
    Literally the worst max payne ever... the history is normal ,but the Game is a big bunch of Lags issues .BUT THE WORST Thing in Max payne 3 is the multiplayer... For god's sake who's done that... Who decideded to that the guy who will be shot in a hand will be killed?! AND SOCIAL CLUB.. It's a bit complicated and boring
  3. Aug 2, 2013
    Bought during summer sales, one of the rare games that i find its a chore to play. many reviewers mentioned that the game has too many cut scenes and i share this argument. the game mechanics is also flawed, often a cut scene will leave you wide open to various assaults, which results to instant death on higher difficulties.

the games controlls are also bad, while mouse can be

the games controlls are also bad, while mouse can be calibrated to your needs the crosshair moves depending on where you are at cover. this leads to more frustrating moments where you pop up to take a shot only to realise that the crosshair is somewhere else

bullet time is also not used often cause its rather pointless, the cramped and dense surroundings would mean that majority of the time you will hit something and lay vulnerable to gunfire

dont buy unless dirt cheap, like steam sales
  4. Aug 7, 2013
    There is potentially a great game here, marred by excessive use of cut-scene's, many of which seem completely unnecessary and interrupt otherwise great action scenes.

The downtime in a game should be for exploration and recuperating but this game allows for little to none of that. While i understand that pacing is important, I found that the frequency with which control was taken from me served only to frustrate me.

Then, to further my frustration, the game decides that every time you enter a cut-scene you must switch to your pistol or smg to take out the baddies regardless of whether or not you are holding a rifle or not. then it would throw a tonne of baddies at you and laugh as you fumble around trying to get that rifle out again.

Just so many things done so wrong and it's a shame because the story and characters are so well done.

Avoid, it's not worth the Payne...
  5. Aug 22, 2013
    The best part of the game is it's graphics. Graphics however do not make a game. The story is forced and unoriginal being ripped from a subpar movie. Max payne deserves a better story than a sub par movie plot.
  6. Aug 19, 2013
    A frustrating and maddening game primarily because of the way it was implemented.

Cutscenes and slow-mo cams killed this game. You spend about 3 minutes shooting people and once you just about got into the groove, a cut scene ensues and it breaks the pacing. Another silly thing implemented was that you would automatically slow down when going past an object relevant to the game. Case in point: At some point you will be fighting in a building and you are meant to attach some objects to the pillars. You can be running around and all of a sudden, you just slow to a crawl simply because you are going past a pillar.

Slow-mo cams. The annoying part of the game is when you are just about to die, the game goes into some slow-mo mode that the devs must have thought cool, but it isn't. What's irritating about it is that you automatically do a flying lunge (often on your back) and the game slows down taking on some saturated look and you're left desperately hunting for the cross hair (which has changed position, often way off the mark because the view has switched to some awful position that often is behind a wall or such that you appear to be viewing things out of your arse) to kill the person who was causing you so much damage. Once that's accomplished, you end up remaining on the floor and in a dilemma because if you stand, you get hit and there's no option to reliably get back into cover or crouch automatically.

Next, scripted actions. When you enter any room or reload, you automatically end up with a pistol. No matter if you are carrying the baddest assed gun in the game, you end up with the pistol. This is fine for the early bits, but when you are faced with enemies wearing body armour and carrying assault rifles and outnumbering you 7:1, you don't want a puny pistol that has only 8 rounds in the mag. What's worse is that the time it takes to change means that the enemies are often right on top of you because that's the way the game was scripted.

Also, there's a strange bug that causes you to lose control of the keyboard and you end up defaulting into the aimed mode but you can fire or jump or anything except walk at a slow pace. This happens even in the midst of a firefight and has caused several reloads. Silly video effects like wavy cams, blue-red distortions and other necessary effects destroy all that's left of this once fun franchise (see Max Payne and Max Payne 2).

In conclusion, stay away from this and other Rockstar North games until they sort their sh it out. Better yet, wait for it to come down even lower in a couple more years when it's in the bargain bin or on some sale. Rockstar needs to be taught a lesson via their income statement to stop developing half-assed movies that masquerade as a game. If I wanted a movie, I'd pay for it (cheaper) and sit with my spouse in either the comfort of my home or in a theatre and eat chips and drink sodas and not frustrate myself with this movie-on-rails. That's right, you could hardly qualify this as a shooter even.
  7. Dec 11, 2013
    I do not like these cutscenes. With all this psycho filter You can skip some Cutscenes, others not.
    It is a complete waste of time.The gameplay is also horrible. The AI has a response time which is abnormally high.
    One could say the AI is good, no they bad. enemy running around like frightened chickens. Many opponents are triggered. And many gameplay elements are simply bad. If you
    Many opponents are triggered.
    And many gameplay elements are simply bad. If you are flying against an obstacle with Shootdodge it breaks off.
    Last Stand...if you have no ammo you can not use it. If you do not see your target, you can not use it.
    The bullets do not come out of the gun the game pretends it only .
    You can hit enemys when your weapon is stuck in a wall if your aiming dot points to them. But you can not hit an opponent when the weapon is stuck in a opponent, when the Crosshair does not point to him.
    The annoying weapon switching after every cutscene and you in the whole i can say that the gameplay is totally up .

Many battles after you start a cutscene. You can find yourself in the worst possible position behind a cover. Because Max is entered other rooms only in cutscenes. There is no opportunity for the player to play for an advantage.

The level design is really good very detailed. But for a third person shoot dodge game the maps are too small, they just do not fit the gameplay.

The game requires fast reactions and movements. But Max reacts like an old fat ass.

Not to mention the story compared to the other parts of Max Payne are just horrible.

Next time Rockstar, more Game and less Entertainment.
  8. Oct 1, 2013
    Here is summary of this "exciting" game. Cutscene (unskippable) playing time will be MUCH LONGER than your game play time. Cutscene, press mouse, cutscene showing the result of your shoot, move, cutscene, shoot, cutscene, player positioned in a dangerous position, shoot, custscene........... cutscene, cutscene, cutscene, cutscene, cutscene, cutscene, game ends.

Thank you for watching a boring film introduced by R*.
  9. Dec 4, 2013
    Welcome to a shooter-gallery that holds your hand and treats you like a drooling idiot!

I could mention and rage about the fact, that max payne took 100 steps away from his noir-feeling and awesome comic-strip-storytelling. I could rage about his MTV-like flickering tranistions in the unskippable chores of cutscenenes. I could hit my head against the monitor after the agonizing

I could hit my head against the monitor after the agonizing account-hell called "Rockstar Club".
    (after denying my fresh created account-data it gave me some random name and let me wait for another 15 minutes. Although my steam account should be enough!?)
    But I will start with the one (not even that) positive thing in this "Game":
    The Animations.
    Enemies move smoothly from cover to cover and dodge our bullets with well animated moves.
    But thats it. I can't think about one other nice thing the game contributed.

The Shootouts feel challenging but not right. Someone wrote that Max Paynes Cover IS the bullet-Time. And so it shouldn't feel so useless with forced in cover-mechanics and Insta-Deaths!
    The Gunfights are mostly a short coverbased casual-bore between the force-fed cutscenes.

The rest of the game seems to give a shat about he player and puts a fishinghook through our nose to drag us from one flickering cutscene to the next.
    Rockstar seems to think we are all brainless dumbsters. Too stupid to use a mouse and shoot at things.
    Best and most hilarious example is the first (short) "Tutorial" that makes us read how we move the mouse and press the left butten.
    Seriously!
    I couldn't believe how patronizing and blatant despising this looks.
    WTF?! You think I am too stupid to shoot at things in a shootergame?!

And why do you have to force me watching your flickering cutscenes for people with the attention-span of a hyperactive toad?! I can't even wrap my head around this anymore. This is just a proof of a failing gaming industry that chums up with the brainless crazies that swarm like zombies into a black friday shopping riot.

I really don't know if I have to feel sorry for you or feel angry. In either way I hope you get bankrupt after the cod-kiddies that consume everybit of your "interactive entertainment" are bored once more and need another stimulating kick in their burnt up synapses.

I regret even spending the little money on the autumn-sale on Steam for this abomination.

Max Payne 3. A maximum payne in the....
  10. Oct 19, 2013
    A bunch of shooting galleries inter-spaced with long cut scenes. Despite the decent graphics this game is simply not that entertaining. The fact that I had to sign up for a special account to play the game didn't help my opinion of the game.
  11. Oct 25, 2013
    How can people praise this game? It's mostly cutscene after cutscene, your lucky if you get to walk down an alley before going to another cutscene. I don't recommend this game at all, the little actual game play is nothing great and it's more of an animated movie.
  12. Nov 7, 2013
    The makers of this game must have paid the critics to get such a high score. This game is absolutely atrocious. There isn't a single aspect of this game that is fun, aside from the bullet time action. But even that get's old, when that is all you're doing.

The game's camera and visual effects get old after 10 min of play..and they get downright distracting and painful to look at the longer you play the game. And I use the term "play" very loosely here, because you mostly spend looking at crappy shaky camera cut scenes. with a bit of running around and then just shooting enemies over...and over again. This game has not redeeming qualities, because even the bullet time action gets old because you have to use it CONSTANTLY, because the cover system sucks, and there is no strategy involved at all.

I would give this game a 0, but I'll give it a 2 because bullet time is fun for about 5 min, and there is one water level that's a bit fun. Otherwise, don't bother playing this game, and for the love of god DON'T BUY IT! Spend your money on something you'll actually get to play and won't give you seizures.
  13. Nov 29, 2013
    This game is awful and I suggest not paying for this. At first, the game was crashing due to some "Rockstar Social Club" validation errors. After a few days of complaining a patch was released to fix the issues. I was able to play the game for a few days before it started crashing again due to "Social Club" issues. Also the gameplay is terrible and I concur with the reviewers thatThis game is awful and I suggest not paying for this. At first, the game was crashing due to some "Rockstar Social Club" validation errors. After a few days of complaining a patch was released to fix the issues. I was able to play the game for a few days before it started crashing again due to "Social Club" issues. Also the gameplay is terrible and I concur with the reviewers that mentioned the game plays more like a movie, than a game you're continously loosing control of your character. Expand
  14. Dec 25, 2013
    I've bought this game on Steam for €4.,95 and I enjoyed MP I II. This game really sucks. Time spend on this game will be either watching cut scenes or watching your self die. U die all the time so you just don't care about what happens next u'll die anyway for sure and spend 30+ tries to survive one encounter.
    High quality production in regards to story, graphics, voice acting etc. but
    High quality production in regards to story, graphics, voice acting etc. but the game still sucks. Like a Hollywood block buster where everything is repetitive and you just know what's gonna happen. Too much money and to little actual gaming. What a wasted opportunity.
  15. Feb 8, 2014
    This game is the definition of how stupid devs think players are. If you "die", you get a 98% autoaimed, 1 shot kill, superslowmotion, no more damaged, moment that the game makes shure that if you would miss the shot you would probably would have to get put in a mental hospital for how bad you aim. And if you have fought through a long area and have not much hp left and die? well let theThis game is the definition of how stupid devs think players are. If you "die", you get a 98% autoaimed, 1 shot kill, superslowmotion, no more damaged, moment that the game makes shure that if you would miss the shot you would probably would have to get put in a mental hospital for how bad you aim. And if you have fought through a long area and have not much hp left and die? well let the game respawn you just a few meter behind your death with full hp, making painkillers much more usless. And this is all on hard. The difficulty of the max payne games drops as the year they're made in increases.
    And not to mention the devs seems like they felt unoriginal enough to hop on the "lets pretend we came up with these locations in some far country where terrorist operate" train. The game has lost its original dark feeling of max payne 1 and 2. You are just a soldier working for others. And terrorists feel like killing people.
  16. Mar 19, 2014
    Very nice and moody graphics. But not the graphics is, what I'm rating. MP3 is a movie, but you have to press buttons and click your mouse to proceed. Looks like there's lot of work put in this product, but what's the most important, what made previous Max Paine great game is disappointing.
    Yes, I regret spending 7€ on this piece of software.
    Go get some of previous versions of this game
    Yes, I regret spending 7€ on this piece of software.
    Go get some of previous versions of this game and have some fun.
  17. Sep 21, 2014
    For the second time, I played through several chapters and saved, shut the game down, and came back later only to find that much of my progress had been wiped out. Again: I didn't go back to a specific chapter and I allowed the game to save as you are supposed to. I don't "have read-only enabled" or any other stupid **** I just played the game as intended, and lost half my progress.For the second time, I played through several chapters and saved, shut the game down, and came back later only to find that much of my progress had been wiped out. Again: I didn't go back to a specific chapter and I allowed the game to save as you are supposed to. I don't "have read-only enabled" or any other stupid **** I just played the game as intended, and lost half my progress.

**** Rockstar for **** all over the PC versions of their games. This will be the last Rockstar title that I buy.
  18. Oct 15, 2015
    The worst 3rd person shooter i have ever seen . No AI. bad graphics . meaningless faces. 1 man against 1000 kills atmosphere . Not a realistic game just a shooter for kid to have fun some time..
  19. Sep 27, 2014
    Awful.

Gameplay and interface are heavy consolized. You can't find here a rapid adrenaline action, like in previous games, just a hours of boring shooting from the covers. Plot is the worst part, even if not considering it as a part of Max Payne's story. Hollow, dumb and unmotivated narrative with bleak characters - they **** up even with Max. I pulled myself to end this game,
    Awful.

Plot is the worst part, even if not considering it as a part of Max Payne's story. Hollow, dumb and unmotivated narrative with bleak characters - they **** up even with Max. I pulled myself to end this game, because I started wanting to drop it after first hour - and the plot only making more blunt after it. Seriously, the one of the worst storyline in AAA-videogames ever, including Call of Duties.

Visual style and soundtrack scores solid 0/10
  20. Jun 13, 2016
    This game has been reviewed a zillion times so I’ll try not to repeat too much what has already been said, but Max Payne 3 has some big issues and one deal breaker that keeps me from recommending it.

I’ll start with the good. Max Payne 3 looks great and has terrific physics and fight mechanics. The mission areas have a lot of variety and are extremely detailed, and there are some well-designed action sequences.

Now for the not so good. The setting for the game, as many have said, does not fit with detective noir theme of the first two games. Gone is the graphic novel presentation, and the mean streets of New York have been replaced with sunny San Paolo. Max has gone from a creature of the night to a tanned, sunglass-wearing alcoholic. The very personal story that drove him in the first two games, the quest for revenge and answers for the murder of his wife and daughter, has been replaced by a far less compelling one where he is simply an outsider involved in someone else’s troubles. The plot surrounding the rich and politically powerful Brazilian family that hires him for bodyguard duty reminds me of a bad episode of CSI:Miami. In fact, I remember an old episode of CSI:Miami where they go to Brazil in a story surrounding Brazilian mobsters. Swap in David Caruso for Max Payne, and this is an episode of CSI:Miami. The characters in Max Payne 3 are all clichés, the dialogue is often bad, and there is no femme fatal like Mona in the first two games to press Max’s buttons. So what we are left with is Max moaning about his sad sack life while entangling himself in the affairs of people we don’t really care about. This is emphasized even more when Max shaves his head to go undercover and spends the second half of the game looking like Walter White from Breaking Bad. The only time Max Payne 3 harkened back to the classic first two games was in the two flashback chapters where Max is back in New Jersey. If only this whole game had taken place in New Jersey. I also missed the humor from the first two games, like when a couple of cops are sitting on a couch at the precinct watching an episode of ‘Lords and Ladies’, and complaining when Max blocks their view. When Max flips on a tv in Max Payne 3, all you get are CNN-like reports. The spirit of the original games just seems to be missing altogether in this one.

One of the big complaints about Max Payne 3 is with the excessive cutscenes, and it’s a valid one. I enjoy watching a good cutscene, but Max Payne 3 goes overboard to where it’s more an interactive movie than a game at times. Cutscenes at the beginning and end of a mission are fine, but when they are spread all through the mission it becomes a distraction and ruins immersion. It is no exaggeration that every time you walk through a doorway the game goes to a cutscene. There was absolutely no need for this. There was one time early in the game where Max is hurt and staggering behind his companion. The game would alternate between you controlling Max and the game moving Max along for you. Again, immersion-breaking as you feel like you are fighting the game for control of the character you are playing.

With all that said, Max Payne 3 was disappointing to me but still a very good third person action shooter, and I really enjoyed a lot of the fight scenes. The problem I had with the action was that toward the end of the game they kept ramping things up to where it just became unbelievable. There are times when Max is single-handedly fighting what seems like a whole army. I’m not complaining from a difficulty standpoint, I obviously got through it. But the first two games did a good job of scaling the action to the story, so it kept things reasonably believable. Max Payne 3 goes so over-the-top in the late going that it again wrecks immersion by turning it into an insane action flick. The finale feels like something out of Just Cause.

The deal-breaker for me, though, is the game’s save system. Rockstar, in their infinite wisdom, allows a single auto save with no backup. The game doesn’t even sync up with Steam Cloud. So if that save becomes corrupted, you are just out of luck. I loaded where I left off at the beginning of chapter six one day and found myself in the helicopter scene early in chapter 3. And the chapters four and five that I had unlocked were now locked. I looked it up online and found that this problem has been pervasive since the game came out four years ago, and Rockstar never addressed it. So I considered myself lucky since some people had whole games wiped out when they were in chapter 10, replayed from where I was and continued on. But I started manually backing up my game profile every time I exited the game. That is something you should never have to do because you can’t trust a game’s save system. For all its other flaws, this one is unforgivable and the main reason I have to give Max Payne 3 a thumbs down.
  21. Jan 10, 2015
    Ok... Es un análisis muy muy largo, así que lo resumiré aquí: Galería de disparos, frustración, repetir, cinemática, galería de disparos, frustración, repetir, cinemática, galería de disparos, pasar, cinemática, galería de disparos, y se repite hasta que terminas el juego.

Max Payne 3 es uno de los juegos mas sobrevalorados que eh visto en mi vida. Tiene tantos problemas... Tiene tanto que deja deseando....

Yo jugué a los 2 primeros Max Payne, el primero estubo... Bien... No era de lo mejor, tenia sus problemas pero entretenia. Luego llego Max Payne 2 y fue la ostia. Es un gran juego, tiene una historia interesante, con sus momentos comicos y oscuros, la ambientación oscura junto con un buen catalogo de amras y una banda sonora increible. El theme de Max Payne es uno de mis favoritos. Y me pregunto que paso...? !!¿QUE PASO EN ESTA SECUELA?!!
    Voy a comparar este titulo con los anteriores, especialmente MP2, por lo que va a sufrir. Así que empecemos.

Hablemos de lo bueno del titulo para ver lo poco que tiene a su favor. Los gráficos y el detalle de interiores, son muy buenos. Eh visto a gente por todas partes aclamandolos, puedes destruir múltiples objetos, ves las heridas de bala en todos los personajes, los personajes están detallados, y tienen detalles de cosas pequeñas como libros, computadores, letreros, sillas, etc. Sin embargo, llega lo malo... No puedes apreciar los interiores por que este juego es una orgía de balas y muerte. Siempre ahí alguien disparando, explotando algo, o tu estas mirando las CINEMÁTICA ETERNAS. Las cinemática ocultan los tiempos de carga... Y este juego tiene mucho tiempo de carga. Hay veces en las que casi termina la cinemática y me deja saltarmela por que ya termino de cargar despues de que la cinemática casi terminara, aparte de que duran mucho, algunas son inútiles. Un ejemplo de cinemática inútil son cuando te tiran una granadas de humo, si, el juego tiene que parar para admirar como te tiran una pta granada de humo... Y ni hablar de los momentos prefabricados que abundan.

Y que tal si hablamos de la jugabilidad? Empecemos por la I.A. Es decente... Usara cobertura normalmente, pero aveces van corriendo hacía ti como suicidas. Y ni hablar de la dificultad, se pasan con ella. Jugué en modo normal y aun así la dificultad llega a ser ligeramente superior que en el modo de dificultad inicial de MP2. Y la jugabilidad no a mejorado en nada. Es mas bien una refinación moderna y nada mas. No ahí sigilo, a pesar que el juego tiene algunas zonas donde la historia dice que ahí que ser sigiloso... No tiene el inventario de MP2, donde antes podías llevar un arma de cada tipo aquí te limitas a 3, 2 si usas 2 pistolas a la ves, por que Max no tiene un imán en la espalda como Lara Croft. En lo que mas evoluciona este juego es en que ahora si saltas es por tiempo infinito hasta que caigas, antes solo era por un instante, ahora es cuando tocas tierra, y añade una forma para evitar la muerte, que si tienes un frasco de pastillas puedes usarlo si matas al ultimo tipo que te disparo, una forma de quitar algo de frustración. Sin embargo, también la cagn con eso, casi siempre tu mirada estará en un ángulo imposible de darle, por lo que no podrás dispararle por que todo te esta tapando la vista.

Y ni mencionar lo que quitan de entregas pasadas, como el inventario infinito, el modo bullet time rápido que te permitía recibir menos daño y recargar super rápido de MP2, y la posibilidad de usar granadas, NO PUEDES USAR GRANADAS pero los enemigos si pueden...

Hablemos de la historia... Como empieza? Pues empezamos sin contexto matando a un tipo en un aeropuerto, y de ahí vamos al pasado, vemos que Max ahora es guardaespaldas y empieza un tiroteo, de ahí vamos 2 niveles mas y pasamos al pasado. La historia no tiene un enfoque, nos mandan al futuro en el inicio, después al pasado cuando Max es guardaespaldas, de ahí vamos a America donde antes estaba Max, volvemos al futuro, nos narran todo como si fueramos idiotas y no pudiéramos seguir la historia, no tiene enfoque y mas parece una excusa para matar gente. No sientes que haces nada en la trama, eres el que mira a Max por horas en las cinemática y cuando ahí que matar tomas el control... En MP2 también matabas y ya, pero ahí las cinemática duraban a lo mucho 2 minutos, por lo que al menos no sentías que tu tenias que hace algo en la historia, en especial por que las cinemática eran comics y distinguías la acción de la historia, aquí duran de 2 a 14, sin mencionar que son constantes ya que si pasas una viene otra sin parar. Y ya no son comics, ahora son cinemática modernas con el motor del juego.

Hablemos un poco mas de lo bueno... Siempre estas fuera de numero, eres tu contra unos 100 por mision. Dirán que es malo por que es frustrante... Pues si, es de doble filo, pero si usas el bullet time y tienes un lugar amplio no esta tan duro... Los corredores son lo malo...

De echo este juego tiene todo lo malo que puede tener un juego... Tiene corredores lineales, cinemática sin parar, no tiene formas de hacer al jugador interactuar con el mundo, hordas frustrantes con una dificultad fuera de mundo, una historia que no es interesante ni tiene un final decente, sus mecánicas no innovan en nada ni al menos ser nuevas en la franquicia, momentos prefabricados sin parar, alejar a la franquicia de su carril original, personajes sin desarrollar que vienen y van...

NO ES UN MAL JUEGO. NO LO ES. Pero tiene tantos cambios para mal, que no innovan, que te hacen esperar como si esto fuera el cine... Este juego no es un digno sucesor de MP2 y creo que esta tan sobrevalorado por que es similar a CoD. No eh jugado a CoD en mucho tiempo, ni en PC. Pero CoD son explosiones, hordas de enemigos, muchas cinemática, historia poco interesante y frustración por el MP. Como la frustración de la campaña normal... Puede que me equivoque en la comparación de CoD con MP3, pero aun así no es un buen juego. Es uno promedio... No es ni malo ni bueno... Es muy mediocre... Divertido aveces... Y decepcionante... Yo quería un nuevo capitulo de la historia gris de Max Payne, aquí apenas tiene mejoras, han removido cosas... Este juego tiene MP, seguro que es bueno, pero no tiene servidores dedicados este juego. No tiene servidores dedicados... Este juego lo recomendaría por 3 dolares, no mas. De hecho, si tienes para elegir entre MP3 o MP2 elige el 2. Max Payne 2 es un juego mejor, no estara tan actualizado, pero al final es mejor. Este juego...

Rockstar lo podría haber hecho mucho mejor... Pero es lo que es... Le doy un 05/10, es dolorosamente promedio, si llegas a jugar MP seguro mejora y llega a un 06/10, pero sin servidores dedicados ni muchos amigos con este juego no lo puedo jugar ni contar. Si tienes 3 dolares vale la pena, pero no mas, ni en broma... Me encanto Max Payne 2 y me duele que el 3 sea tan... Es un corredor de disparos, es casi un shooter genérico...
  22. Jun 24, 2014
    not really like the original good Max Payne 1 and 2.
    I really tried to like it...but i couldn't!
    Max Payne 3 is like a Trippe A cutscene, railroadshooter... You are forced to do Railroad like missions, you can't move like you want in missions (and you could move where ever you want in the good old max payne games, like in the hotel mission or the other crazy cool missions). Now you are
    not really like the original good Max Payne 1 and 2.
    I really tried to like it...but i couldn't!
    Max Payne 3 is like a Trippe A cutscene, railroadshooter...
    Now you are forced to walk in one direction and if you fail, reload at checkpoint and try again.
    There are also VERY ANNYOING Railroad missions, like you are sitting in a helicopter and you are forced to shoot enemys...if you fail, do it again WTF? I want move with Max payne and kill the enemys on my way!
    This is the worst thing they could do with the max payne series.
    I had not fun with the new max payne...the multiplayer was is okay, but the singleplayer isn't good...
    Like AVGN would say "WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?"
    Please go back to roots!
  23. Dec 3, 2014
    Too much cutscenes, boring playing and boring story. I literally haven't seen a game as overrated as this one. Waste of money. I am having hard time believing how people rate this game so high. It must be under 15 kids who never got the chance to play original 1 & 2. What a pitty. If you are a skilless kid who doesn't expect anything but shooting a gun and watching long videos from a game,Too much cutscenes, boring playing and boring story. I literally haven't seen a game as overrated as this one. Waste of money. I am having hard time believing how people rate this game so high. It must be under 15 kids who never got the chance to play original 1 & 2. What a pitty. If you are a skilless kid who doesn't expect anything but shooting a gun and watching long videos from a game, buy it. Otherwise, stay away. Expand
  24. Aug 13, 2014
    There is no Max Payne 3. It looks nice, it is out there along with all the other good looking games, it has all the whistles and bells for a good decent game, you know, the gangsta stuff R.star is good at. But this is not Max Payne 3. Play MP 1&2 and my affirmation will make sense.
  25. Nov 30, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Firstly, it makes no sense to see him so depressed about his family and Mona's death, if you finished the second one on the hardest difficulty she survived and came to terms with the loss of his family...
    Secondly, this games focus in on slomo gun-play, not narrative... and the comic book style of narrative delivery is replaced with long cut-scenes
    Thirdly, the focus Isn't on Max (and/or his relationship with Mona) it is on some rich snobs who employed him
    I could go on but, Its not a terrible game, assuming that you have NOT played the first two before otherwise itll be hard not to judge it harshly
  26. Dec 1, 2014
    I paid the game and the game got installed. It just didn't work on PC. Tons of people have issues with the Rockstar social club overlay.
    A few days after my purchase, I still can't play. The money I spent is not for entertainment. It was spent for doing quality assurance for Rockstar's social club.
  27. Jan 27, 2015
    Locked on cutscenes forced to watch over and over for challenge modes defeats the point in challenge modes i was not going to sit there for 3000 years rewatching the damn cut scenes to do that.

Bugs map level bugs weapon bugs model bugs texture errors all on 2 copies of the game even on 360 the story was ok COMBAT SUCKED compared to MP and MP2 Missed the comic style missed the Film

the story was ok

COMBAT SUCKED compared to MP and MP2
    Missed the comic style missed the Film noir scenes like in MP and Mp2

THIS WAS A CASH GRAB ON A ESTABLISHED NAME it was totally different game

Don't make another max payne you ruined it enough.....................
  28. May 15, 2016
    This game is good example why Rockstar Games should not touch games which they only publishing,i'm glad they didn't create sequel to the Manhunt because they will create shooting game with ultra cliche storyline.(I'm guessing Rockstar will change even platform into a shooting game about nothing...)
    Storyline is dumb,AI s*cks,there is not jumping,many bugs,you cannot use granedes or molotov coctails in singleplayer(only in multiplayer...) and there is cover system?This Max Payne for f*ck sake!Not GTA IV.
    R.I.P. Max Payne

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 13, 2012
    Max Payne 3 feels like a PC original, in a very good way. [Aug 2012]
  2. PC Master (Greece)
    Aug 31, 2012
    Its deviation from the mood instilled by its predecessors might annoy some purist fans, but Max Payne 3's undisputed quality standards in all accounts will make them look the other way and enjoy the game as it is. [July 2012]
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jul 29, 2012
    Max Payne is god and it really doesn't matter that he is not the fair one. He is the most interesting action character these days and the game itself is one of the best you can get. [July 2012]