- Summary: Defend your shuttle against a variety of crazed alien species as they mutate, corrupt the ground or even turn your crops against you. Load up on weapons, bring your friends (drop-in/drop-out co-op) and take the battle to them. If it gets too crazy, turtle up behind your defensive perimeterDefend your shuttle against a variety of crazed alien species as they mutate, corrupt the ground or even turn your crops against you. Load up on weapons, bring your friends (drop-in/drop-out co-op) and take the battle to them. If it gets too crazy, turtle up behind your defensive perimeter and assume direct control of the lasers.… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
McDROID - Greenlight Trailer
Autoplay On Off
Aug 14, 2014In truth, this writer wasn’t overly excited at the prospect of playing McDROID when they first read into it – more fool me. While I still harbour reservations about its long-term appeal (a product of the genre’s repetitive nature more than anything) McDROID is an excellent tower defense romp with enough candied charm to keep you coming back.
Jan 20, 2016Tower defense aficionados will definitely like this game. It has a unique (but intuitive) control system and a deep strategy element. It’s even fun in multiplayer, thus making originality and lack of modes its only weakness. It’s a significant weakness, though.
Positive: 3 out of 3
Mixed: 0 out of 3
Negative: 0 out of 3
Mar 3, 2013I have spent multiple hours in this game already and i believe i will spent much more (even though i have finished the maps on allI have spent multiple hours in this game already and i believe i will spent much more (even though i have finished the maps on all difficulties long time ago already ).
Any Tower Defense fan should try this game out (there is a demo available, and the game price is not expensive neither).
If you are not a TD fan you should try it out anyways because you might be pleasantly surprised!
- a surprisingly good mix of rts, tower defense, action shooter, rpg+ some other genres :)
- the available maps are well thought, allowing for fun both single-player and coop
- rating 10 from a player who generally dislikes tower defense/rts games (me )
- nice graphic and great soundtrack
- could have more maps/lvls… Expand
Oct 15, 2014The first question you may have, what kind of game is McDroid?
It has you buying and placing Towers but also shooting monsters yourself... soThe first question you may have, what kind of game is McDroid?
It has you buying and placing Towers but also shooting monsters yourself... so that kinda sounds like 'Santum' which is another take on the TD-genre.
In my opinion it's not a tower-defence game, even though you do place Towers to protect your base. it's more an action game to me. Many TD-games i've seen revolve around you making a maze for the monsters to run thouugh, but there's none of that in McDroid... thankfully.
If you like Plants vs. Zombies, you may like McDroid, because that game is so damn qute/funny you forget its TD.
I've spent hours uppon hours in this game trying to beat the harder levels playing by myself. The challenge goes from easy to hard, to allmost insane. The game also has a Coop option, which turns the odds towards the players, making it easier the more your are (up to 4), you can also learn some wery good tricks from watching how the other players do.
● nice cartoony Graphics
● (hidden or obvious) jokes (in signs or in the voice acting)
● multiple strategies to complete levels
● consistency, (the harder versions of the levels, start out as you left them on the easier difficulty)
● multiplayer latency… Expand
Oct 19, 2014I think Mcdroid created a new genre. It's not only a tower defense it's an action game with turrets. After the first 3 levels, action reallyI think Mcdroid created a new genre. It's not only a tower defense it's an action game with turrets. After the first 3 levels, action really picks up and you can feel the power of this game. The hordes of enemies always keep you alert. You can deploy many strategies or just run around with a bunch of guns on your back.
Furthermore when you finish a level, the mission becomes available in challenge and nightmare mode which reminded me of the good old Doom.
Kudos for the Coop, I was not expecting multiplayer for that kind of game but it's really fun to play nightmare with a bunch of friends :D
Great Game! = GG… Expand