5.3

1. Oct 24, 2012
    A mix of the worst game design decisions in first-person shooters for last 10 years. Even Call of Duty manages to deliver better SP than this. Damn, even MoH 2010 SP was better in some ways. MP feels boring too, not much difference from 2010. I don't know why EA tries to "re-launch" MoH franchise and makes same mistake a second time. If you want to re-launch, make at least decent game, not this crap. Expand
  2. Oct 23, 2012
    Very boring FPS (typical **** from Electronic arts). Typical arcade FPS with low realism and the typical theme about killing "bad terrorists". The game is nothing knew for the genre and the single player part is very boring and run-of-the-mill
  3. Oct 27, 2012
    Waste of money I wish I knew before spending $80 on origin.....Just wasted money, time , effort..EA your MOH time is over sto living in the playstation era....EA are just as bad as UBISOFT releasing half **** software with no support......If EA screw up DEAD SPACE 3 then I'm not gonna by there crappy products....
  4. Oct 25, 2012
    LAME - that is the word that unfortunately came to me when playing both single player and multiplayer. I don't understand how people claim this game is better than MOH 2010 - I really enjoyed that game, especially multiplayer - so much more immersive than this effort. I was looking forward to this for a while but I don't think I can even get through the campaign let alone play more than a few minutes of multiplayer. Expand
  5. Nov 4, 2012
    This game is a load of garbage, buggy as hell, laggy as hell, unbalanced as hell, cluttered as hell and unoriginal as hell..What the hell was happening in Danger Close's mind eh? This game just ruins the MoH franchise..The single player? What the hell is that?
  6. Nov 13, 2012
    This Game is a very bad game! The Aiming is bad, the Maps are small, the teamplay does not work on it, the graphics is from 2-3 Years ago (where is the Frostbite 2 - Engine, it is lost), no feeling comes in this Game, you need no skill to get good in MP, you made Level 100 (the highest Level) in 30~40h, then you made all Classes and Weapons free, and then??? Then comes nothing more!
    The
    Modi´s are known from other Games: Homerun~Capture the Flag ...
    Nothing NEW, i will say, that MoH 2010 was better in Gameplay, Teamplay and Graphics!!!
  7. Oct 26, 2012
    I am a big fan of Battlefield 3 and I enjoyed Close quarters expansion a lot. I do not play singleplayer in any of this game so my experience comes only from the multiplayer part. I thought that this game will be another good addition to Battlefield since it uses the same engine and published by the same company. But don't get fooled, this is a cheap game with graphics worse than Call of duty and game play even more outdated. Maps are poorly designed they look like made up of squares and very claustrophobic and unattractive environment. Invisible limitations as for example you can't climb on the cliff in the middle of the map because of the invisible wall. I was shooting from the lying position and I got shot and kill camera displayed me in standing position when I was shot also when you die it looks like there is only 1 animation for death. Controls feel unresponsive, animation of the soldiers look very bad. I do not recommend this game to anyone and I regret spending my money on it! Expand
  8. Jan 26, 2013
    Zero score. One of the worst modern fps game i ever played. EA and Danger Close killed MoH franchise.
  9. Mar 3, 2013
    The Singleplayer is just what you'd expect from any military FPS game now a days. No, seriously, that's all I can say about it.
    If you played any Call of Duty or any other Military FPS with regenerating health and team mates that slow down your progress, you've played this game's singleplayer.
    The graphics are alright, sound design is average and the driving missions are actually pretty
    fun. But it's only 4-5 hours long, so there's not a whole lot of content that you can get out of it.
    Multiplayer is....pretty much the same thing you'd expect from any other military shooters with classes and unlocks. Gun play is decent enough, but the map design is just horrible and feels sloppily thought out. There's pretty much no open spaces, everything is tight and cornered.
    You're better off playing TDM on Battlefield 3. All I can say is that I'm glad that I got this game at a reduced price.
  10. Nov 11, 2012
    I wasn't even planning on getting this game, but it was discounted, and a friend urged me to. The lesson is twofold: there is a reason it was half off less than a month after release, and my friends are stupid. The single player campaign is forgettable, yet somehow manages to be tedious despite only being 5 hours long. All Warfighter really has going for it is a degree of authenticity, but when you view it through the prism of a supersoldier with regenerating health and unlimited ammo, it reduces the experience by a large degree. My point is this: Warfighter should have been a tactical shooter like Rainbow 6, not a Call of Duty clone. There are also a load of bugs. Multiplayer *looks* alright, and customization *looks* cool. I say looks because I am disconnected within 10 seconds of joining every match. Fun! Origin and the Battlelog are just as terrible as ever. Expand
  11. Nov 10, 2012
    Single player is a joke. The story is stupid and uninteresting. It's an interactive shooting gallery. I wonder, why the studio even spend time on developing the single player campaign. They should have it invested in the multiplayer part of the game. Anyway, I bought it for multiplayer, which has potential for fun. The idea of the fire team is good. And I had some fun until cheaters got to the game and destroyed it. Wallhacks and aimbots seem to be the standard on each server. And with the bad scores, EA is likely to drop support on this game fast. Two other frustrating things: The game crashes often. Playing through Battlelog is impossible because of bugs. Secondly, the menu system is really bad. The game is clearly unfinished, There are so much issues which should have never passed quality assurance. The bad single player and the quality and cheating issues make this the worst shooter of the past years. Expand
  12. Oct 29, 2012
    New type of review:

1. From load-to-gameplay (-3): - Unskippable opening splash screens (Company/Game/Engine logos etc.). - 4 menus to gameplay: - "Origin Login" (could've been done in backgroung), - "Press enter" (We can all agree that this menu can be wipped out of the face of gaming, once and for all), - Singleplayer/Multiplayer etc. options menu, -
    New game/continue etc. options menu. - Absence of option to instant "quit to desktop" from gameplay. - Longer waiting times, from load to gameplay due to all the above. - The many menus (2 or 3 level menus) and options increase/add to the general clutter.

2. Cutscenes/Loading screens/Gameplay (-2): - Unskippable cutscenes. - Unpausable cutscenes. - Difference between the cutscenes and gameplay video/graphics takes away deeper game immersion. - Transitions from gameplay-to-cutscenes-and-gameplay-again are rough/bad and instant without any fade in/out music or theme part. - Very bad women characters models.The men models were generic but OK for a FPS, but the women were just plain awful. - THE BEARDS.

3. Unfinished/Rushed-out feeling (-1)

-------------------------------------------------------- - Gameplay (6) - Graphics/Video (8) - Music/Audio (4) - Story (2) - Character Connection (2) - Overall game immersion (2) - Drama (2) - Action (6.5) - OVERALL (4) - Recomended Yes/No (No)
  13. Jun 9, 2013
    this game is awful. just dont buy it.
    singleplayer is just enemies popping out of cover and waiting to get shot for 5 hours.
    multiplayer is boring and doesnt offer anything new.
  14. Oct 26, 2012
    What a disappointment, I really have nothing good to say. I like the graphics and the sounds but thats it. The story is boring and repetitive. Seems like all the maps are based on each other, they are all boring too. If you played the MoH from 2010, you know what I mean. There is really nothing good about this game. MoH has gone in the CoD direction but with a little more realism and better looks. Still, a polished turd is a turd. Expand
  15. Oct 24, 2012
    tl;dr: Pass on this game, it is pathetic and if there were not an EA logo plastered all over the place, you might think it were a F2P indie game.

Full Review: I was excited about this game, truly. I am an avid BF player and, until MW3, an avid CoD player. I play both games competitively and I am, without trying to sound too arrogant, a very good player. I played the original MoH, and I
    marginally enjoyed it. The MP wasn't great, but it was manageable. I heard that this game was supposed to fix the problems of the previous game and be a great infantry shooter. Boy, was I told wrong. This game, being completely frank, is WORSE than MoH 2010, if you can consider that possible. The movement and aiming is sluggish, the menus are the most non-intuitive possible, the hit detection is atrocious, the damage is outlandish, and the overall gun play is probably the worst I have ever experienced in my 18 years of gaming.

On the bright side, the campaign is decent. But if you are going to spend $60 for a campaign game, at least buy one that will last you more than 5 hours.
  16. Oct 23, 2012
    This is a very generic shooter the usage of the frostbite 2 engine is laughable. Nothing like bf3 as far as engine use. This is really just a console port in 1080p. Graphics are bad and textures are bland compared to bf3 which we was told it would look better. Also EA wouldn't release any review copies prior to release and that should tell you something the game is ok at best.
  17. Nov 13, 2012
    An utterly uninspiring game that unfortunately will follow in the footsteps of the first and into my recycle bin. The campaign throws up very little of a challenge and can easily be completed in one medium sitting on the computer, however, will you be bothered to finish the campaign is another story entirely. I had to force myself to finish the game just to see if it got any better and unfortunately it didn't. Trying to carve a niche in the FPS market is difficult and you would think borrowing ideas from Battlefield and Call of Duty you could come up with a winning formulae, MOHW has proved that it is not that simple. This game is not worth spending any money on, there are much better examples and attempts at FPS on the Free to Play market. Expand
  18. Oct 24, 2012
    Great looking game, Mediocre sound effects and music, Great car chase scene. Ok good part over, Single player is very poor, Over the top totally unrealistic (Infinite ammo and grenades gg) Missions are very very bland, Run stop at shooting gallery kill 50 npcs move to breach door rinse and repeat. Voice acting is horrible and the cut scenes try to inject emotion but fails miserably,One thing though the car chase mission is actually really good shame the rest of the game is just shoddy.

Multiplayer is not so bad but with the other options we have for FPS fix this will take a back seat.
  19. Oct 26, 2012
    Same generic shooter we game every couple months. It Doesn't change anything, linear campaign and awe-full gameplay. Using the Frosbite 2 engine isn't making any better. It's like taking Battlefield 3 and creating a different story line. Very disappointed of what I got. I really liked the MoH 2010 and this? not even half of it.
  20. Nov 29, 2012
    I just finished the campaign and it was pretty terrible. I feel that they tried to cater to the Call Of Duty fans by desperately incorporating various mechanics and scenes.

Mechanics are wonky and all over the place. There is like.. 3 guns or something in the campaign and that disappointed me very much. Well not 3 guns exactly but there were so few. And most of them are bad.

Story is
    confusing and is your typical "'MERICA YEAH TERRORISTS BLOW THEMSELVES UP!!!" middle-eastern shoot-em up. You go to one area, fight a wave of dudes, go to another, fight another wave etc, very COD like.

Haven't tried MP yet, but I didn't get it for the MP. I also heard the MP is just as bad.

I did like the part where they tried to honor the soldier and keep it authentic. When you reload you actually don't rack the slide if you already have a round in the chamber, neato.

All in all, the game is pretty ****
  21. Oct 26, 2012
    Some scripts don't work for no reason and you have to start the mission from the very begining. If you want to quit the game you've just thrown to the PREVIOUS mission or the game just crash. The resolution sometimes changes with NO reason. I guess Danger Close hasn't finished their work. That's the question: why should I buy a piece of alpha version?
  22. DXR
    Oct 23, 2012
    A refreshing change from bf3 but I gotta say the multiplayer leaves a bit to be desired for me. With the launch day bugs aside...the maps are very small with minimal cover and are very, very linear and bottlenecked. You are rarely able to vault on top of rocks, rubble, vehicles, etc to sneak up on the enemy or find a good hasty ambush spot. Plan on always standing on the ground. There is also no environment destruction whatsoever. Wood or chain link fence in your way? Gotta hoof around it. Sure no one is expecting big open maps but to get from point A to point B you almost always have to decide between one or two tunnels, hallways, or narrow pathways to run down. There isn't much openhandedness. The gameplay feels slow but rounds go by extremely fast. Unless you run into a group of bad guys and happen to blast them away don't count on getting anything more than the UAV before getting killed again as the UAV requires you to be out in the open to even launch a majority of the time. If you enjoy the recon class don't plan on any good sniper nests, mastering bullet drop mechanics (basically absent), or finding any places to see enemies long range. If you play on a normal server everyone may as well have an ESP hack. If you are even remotely in someone's line of site you get a big red dot over your head. The semi-auto rifles are fun and effective once you unlock them. Granted, MoH is more in line with the classic FPS format and Warfighter definitely holds true to the MoH franchise, I didn't see much innovation here. Nothing MW:2 didn't achieve a few years ago. In my opinion...older FPS games were better designed and thought out. Seems like they focused more on the stats, social network, and loadout system than they did map design and gameplay. I understand it is better than MoH 2010 but since it is right on the heels of BF3 and uses the Frostbite 2 engine we know what it is capable of and Warfighter certainly doesn't take advantage of it to its full extent. It sits right next to it on battlelog...so I expected it to be at least at the same level. At the very least maps along the lines of Close Quarters but they are even more limited and confined than those. Fire teams are a great feature. If you are paired up with a buddy or a good player you can do some real damage. If you're with a tard consider yourself solo! I'll keep playing. It is very fun, extremely easy, and very approachable. It just won't replace the depth of strategy, amazing environments, and diversity in gameplay that I find in BF3. Expand
  23. Oct 28, 2012
    Poor game, this game was obvious rushed, but they had time to create the next map pack, the game is full of bugs and unbalanced weapons if your thinking of buying this game DON'T!, they're not going to fix this piece of junk, you cal also tell they let console idiots beta test this game because the amount of issues it has.
  24. Nov 2, 2012
    I had to revise my previous score. After trying to struggle my way through the SP campaign I find it appalling. If had never played an FPS before it might not have been so bad but this game is only a waste of time and money. I've heard that triple A titles are going away but I hope it's not to be replaced by triple C titles. Seems no one (besides gfx and sfx department) gave this title any love.
  25. Nov 4, 2012
    Thought the game was pretty average, the shooting mechanics were worse than the 2010 game, the driving mechanics were ok though. Then I exited the game for half an hour, after checking the mission select first and saw that I was on the last level. Then when I went back in, my save data was gone and I had to start again. I had been playing on Hard too. I tried to get support and got none. I have now uninstalled the game and hopefully trade it back in, I'd even trade it for a stick of gum probably Expand
  26. Jan 4, 2013
    One of the worst shooters I`ve ever played (only played multiplayer).
    The previous MOH tier 1 had a decent sp campaign with nice and up to date visuals, multiplayer maps with interesting settings but mostly failing design. With this new one they kept the failing design, and made it horrible. All this talk about frostbyte 2 and the graphics look outdated and far worse then in its
    predecessor..? How did they manage that. Nah, there must be a hidden agenda to produce this crap Expand
  27. Nov 11, 2012
    Probably FAIL of the year. Only good thing about it is Frostbite 2 engine and even this was spoled partly because poor level design! I preordered the game cause I liked MOH 2010 and was waiting for months release. Oh! What a disappointment and waste of money. Shortly... Worst and dullest single player lately. Multiplayer also very bad. If you like MOH rather play MOH 2010... It have both better SP and MP...
    Don't know how much gameplay is there becaue I was playing 30 minutes and uninstalled :(
  28. Oct 30, 2012
    multiplayer critica...Bien....la verdad esperaba otra cosa de este juego. yo buscaba algo realista algo distinto (veía algo distinto algo prometedor mi debut con MHO fue una desilusión ) y parece que todos los juegos van a seguir la linea del call of duty ("juego que para mi es una reverenda MIERDA!!!"). y bueno esto viene de EA. "que puedo esperar de esta gente".....
    si te
    gusta la mierda del cod o el bf3 ni lo pienses, seguro que te va a gustar como la gran mayoría de la gilada.....si buscas algo realista algo distinto a lo q se viene jugando este no es tu juego... (es mas estoy pensando en vender mi cuenta de origin)
    voy a seguir jugando a mis juegos favoritos RO2, cs:go, dod:s ......
  29. Nov 15, 2012
    No no no no no! Stuttering everywhere, broken cutscenes, broken physics (containers that fall like boxes on first level, wtf?), random crashes to desktop every other checkpoint, convoluted story thats says absolutely nothing nor is capable of getting a point across, short single player campaign, on rail levels and, i have to insist, LOTS of random crashes to desktop... in spite of all this Danger Close said the first patch will come with the first batch of DLC, around one month from now... **** you I'm getting my money back. Expand
  30. Oct 23, 2012
    A generic shooter nothing more, if you are looking for something new dont buy this game. 6 hours campaign, extremely linear, hand holding game (treats you like a child). Mediocre at best.

1. Dec 2, 2012
    Plot holes, broken scripting and offensive self-contradiction makes Warfighter one of the worst games we've played all year. [Dec 2012, p.85]
    Common military shooter with minor technical bugs shows all the elements we have seen before. We've expected much more from the legendary Medal of Honor series. [Dec 2012]
  3. Nov 29, 2012
    Due to unreliable scripts and other technical issues, bland and chaotic storytelling and stupid AI I played Warfighter strictly out of obligation and not for fun. Decent (but unbalanced) multiplayer is not enough to put other label than 'mediocre' on a game that was supposed to be a major hit. [13/2012, p.36]