5.8

1. PeterW.
    Sep 5, 2008
    A game with truly great potential, I fully expected this to well in the high 8s and low 9s. Most critics will have knocked a few points off for lack of polish, but in my experience of the game its lacking more than just the polish, the game simply isn't finished. On the PC the game is bugged to the point of being unplayable. If this game had been in production for perhaps just A game with truly great potential, I fully expected this to well in the high 8s and low 9s. Most critics will have knocked a few points off for lack of polish, but in my experience of the game its lacking more than just the polish, the game simply isn't finished. On the PC the game is bugged to the point of being unplayable. If this game had been in production for perhaps just another month, with an emphasis on tweaking the AI and converting the game to PC properly (Higher resolution support etc) I would still be playing this game, singing its praises and not taking it back to the store. Save your money folks, its not worth buying now, although perhaps it will be if they get round to some aggressive patching. Go play Spore. Expand
  2. AurelianoF
    Sep 11, 2008
    Horrible looking game. I just wasted 80 bucks for this and i'm really dissapointed. I've been waiting for 3 years for the sequel.. Do not waste money on this The game is totally unfinished. Online has region lock Anti-Aliasing and wide-screen doesn't work either. Don't waste your time. I learned my lesson.
  3. CPCP
    Aug 31, 2008
    Lets see this game got a good flagshipping. Remember folks this is a sand box game. Civilians are immortal. No vehicle or character customization. If you count two pairs of outfits your an idiot. Removal of local co-op play. Removal of fire mechanics. Cutscenes are from 1995. Lack of polish and complete features that should be standard in sand box games these days. (EX Civilians Immortal, Lets see this game got a good flagshipping. Remember folks this is a sand box game. Civilians are immortal. No vehicle or character customization. If you count two pairs of outfits your an idiot. Removal of local co-op play. Removal of fire mechanics. Cutscenes are from 1995. Lack of polish and complete features that should be standard in sand box games these days. (EX Civilians Immortal, Can't duck or cover) Sound quality is poor, what the hell is up wth guns sounding like toothpicks cracking? I remember a developer a long ass time ago on the CoD forums telling people that when you want to give firearms that "Ooomp" sound get a more powerful weapon, even if it doesn't fit the firearm in the game. Buidlings still crumple. Repetitive as fuck button mashing game every time you want to steal a vehicle. And my worst gripe is that this shit was released on LAbor day weekend so that people wouldn't be able to read reviews for it until after Monday. Clever marketing there from EA, making sure that no one knew how bad this game was going to be until they could make a profit. Expand
  4. walters
    Sep 5, 2008
    Super buggy. There's no satisfaction in shooting in this game because the weapon sound effects are so poor. Awful menu systems. Terrible AI. I can't believe how much went wrong with this game.

Mercenaries 2 is like a newsstand; it has a lot of issues. Still, I can't deny that there were some hootin’ and hollerin’ moments. For every time I cursed the stupid AI, I cheered at the demolition of another building.
    Mercenaries 2 has lived up to its expectations to be a fun and crazy game about having a hell of a time in a war zone.
  3. Great in small, explosive doses, particularly with a friend, but longevity is unlikely to be one of its strong points. [Nov 2008, p.106]