9.1

1. Apr 19, 2014
    The graphics may be bad (which doesn't matter to me) but if you want to buy this game your money will be well spent its a masterpiece and few games can rival it.
  2. Mar 1, 2013
    This is where it all started. A game which is half a movie. This game is the basic standard on how modern games have to be done with Incredible and emotional story with amazing action. Any gamer will be amazed by this masterpiece. Unfortunately the game is old so the graphics are pretty bad now. I hope they remake this masterpiece.
  3. Oct 18, 2010
    A revolutionary exercise in both gameplay and storytelling. Simply put, one of the best (and most important) games ever made. Very few games have as many memorable and emotionally tense set-pieces as those that are found throughout this game, and the boss battles still hold up as some of the best in video game history, really only arguably surpassed by its own sequels (specifically, MGS3).A revolutionary exercise in both gameplay and storytelling. Simply put, one of the best (and most important) games ever made. Very few games have as many memorable and emotionally tense set-pieces as those that are found throughout this game, and the boss battles still hold up as some of the best in video game history, really only arguably surpassed by its own sequels (specifically, MGS3). In short, this is a classic in every sense of the word, and an experience that no one should ever miss out on. (In regards to the specifics of the PC version: The addition of the VR missions is awesome and endlessly fun, but this game merits a gamepad, without a doubt. Go pick up some cheap usb wired controller (used 3rd party 360 wired controllers are a surprisingly good bet), and play this game correctly. Only other gripe about this version is that all the FMV's are not visible; that might just be my computer/copy though.) Collapse
  4. kyuud
    Nov 19, 2008
    The best game I have ever played besides MGS4 nd Final Fantasy X ... however I suggest playing the PS1 version. you can notice the difference in reviews.
  5. ChrisK.
    May 30, 2006
    I wonder how outdated these votes are. The PC version of Metal Gear Solid for the PS1 is no different in story or audio. Everything is kept the same, however, graphics may be boosted up a bit. But really, what I like about the game is the extra features. Mines came with a second Disc which contained many different missions for a couple of categories. VR Training... Mystery... Ninja... I wonder how outdated these votes are. The PC version of Metal Gear Solid for the PS1 is no different in story or audio. Everything is kept the same, however, graphics may be boosted up a bit. But really, what I like about the game is the extra features. Mines came with a second Disc which contained many different missions for a couple of categories. VR Training... Mystery... Ninja... etc. etc. The storyline in both games will entertain you, scare you, or make you laugh. Expand
  6. WayneM.
    Jan 5, 2006
    This is undoutdably the best game ever produced i would do ant ting to play this game agin my brother destoryed my copy this this legendary game.
  7. BillC.
    Sep 22, 2005
    Looks like the old ps game.
  8. TheTwo
    Dec 20, 2003
    The best game ever. The only thing that makes this game get away from perfection is graphics, everything else is flawless. And is much better than it's sequel.
  9. Justhadtorate
    Jul 27, 2003
    I am gonna buy this game soon for PC even tho the graphics sux compared to the games we have to day :( I know how grea8 the game is so i am gona buy it anyways, i have substance for pc already and a gamepad!!! well i ma looking froward to it coz SUBSTANCE rulez for the pc even tho its a slappy port :'( hope the this game is ported better even thos the graphics look horible :D
  10. AmirA.
    Mar 30, 2002
    A want how a play tne missions heliport fpr game metal gear solid.
  11. KarlA.
    Jan 14, 2002
    I am waiting for the new Metal Gear Solid 2 to come to the PC world so I can feel the rush that I felt in the first game. All the games that I have played have been fun and packed full of action, and I have heard that this is the best thing out there.
  12. ClarkM.B.
    Jan 1, 2002
    I think that Metal Gear Solid is one of the best games ever! All the different weapons and items combined with the great storyline and enjoyable gameplay, it makes for a great game. I think the graphics are great except that their mouths don't move when they talk, and their eyes don't really look like eyes, but all the rest makes up for it! In my opinion this is a excellent I think that Metal Gear Solid is one of the best games ever! All the different weapons and items combined with the great storyline and enjoyable gameplay, it makes for a great game. I think the graphics are great except that their mouths don't move when they talk, and their eyes don't really look like eyes, but all the rest makes up for it! In my opinion this is a excellent game, and I give it a 10/10. Expand
  13. ClarkM.B.
    Jan 1, 2002
    I really like the storyline and gameplay. In my opinion this is one of the best games ever!
    I also like all the different weapons and items in the game. The graphics are great, but their mouths don't move when they talk' and their eyes don't really look like eyes. But the rest makes up for it!
  14. TheGamer
    Aug 1, 2001
    This is one of my favorite games ever. The story line was awesome and so was the voice acting. It ticks me off that this one person gave it a fifty out of one hundred. Man, what the hell is your problem. Anyway, I just wanted to tell the people out there that if you don't have this game, buy it, buy it now. You'll be happy that you did.
  15. KaldeaW.
    Jun 30, 2001
    This game is by far the greatest game ever! It combines action/ adventure and sheer espionage all into one beautifully crafted game The game has not only a compelling and original storyline, but you get to know the characters. The game is worth every dollar.
  16. KaldeaW.
    Jun 30, 2001
  17. Oct 18, 2010

1. PC gamers who have had no prior exposure to this game will definitely want to take a look, as this is still the same great game it always was.
    This is the definitive version of Metal Gear Solid and it's only available on the PC. Go tell your console owning buddies and watch 'em cringe.
  3. For those unfamiliar with the title, this is a chance to check out one of the better console games ever made, warts and all.