Metro: Last Light PC

8.6

1. May 21, 2013
    I think it's really unfair people are giving this game 0 raiting. I must state it is a very well made and super fun to play. I played Metro 2033 throughout also played every Stalker game. So this is a very good new edition and i absolutely recommend it. Didn't come across any crippling bugs in my playthrough's but i did think Ranger Hardcore was a tad too easy for my liking aside fromI think it's really unfair people are giving this game 0 raiting. I must state it is a very well made and super fun to play. I played Metro 2033 throughout also played every Stalker game. So this is a very good new edition and i absolutely recommend it. Didn't come across any crippling bugs in my playthrough's but i did think Ranger Hardcore was a tad too easy for my liking aside from that solid game Expand
  2. Jun 4, 2013
    After my review of Bioshock Infinite and my references to Metro Last Light I now decided to put a Last Light review in too.

Story: based on Dimitri Glukowski's book Metro 2033, Metro Last Light is meant as the 2nd Part of the already known Metro 2033 Game. After Artjom has killed all dark ones in Metro 2033 he is now send out to find the last survivor and get in contact with him to

Story:

based on Dimitri Glukowski's book Metro 2033, Metro Last Light is meant as the 2nd Part of the already known Metro 2033 Game. After Artjom has killed all dark ones in Metro 2033 he is now send out to find the last survivor and get in contact with him to find out more about the dark ones and then has to kill him.
    But as usual not everything works as expected and so he gets into real trouble again with the faschists and communists. But enough of the Story itself.
    So from the kind of telling the story, Metro Last Light has a Half Life stile storytelling. So every person interacts with you and tells you whats going on, but you never reply to them ingame thats what I would see as the biggest issue in the game, because the story looses atmosphere through it. Only in the loading screens Artjom talks about whats happening.

Audio:

The audio is a bit of a two sided swort. There will be people complaining by the russian accent but others would say this is a necessary part of the game. I belong to the second ones, so for me this is not a point where Last Light looses score. But as I already told in story part, you protagonist never talks. Thats sad. Except of this, for a story telling shooter alle the weapon sounds and the environment sounds a really great an atmospheric.

Gameplay:

So gameplay I liked the very most. Is it changing your filters for your gas mask, or wiping the dirt out of you view until pumping up the electricity for your flashlight/nightvision this all fits so much into gameplay and is from my side the most ignored feature in most scores. So whenever the action began to start these elements made it a fight for survival which really kept me having fun on it.

Graphics:

Well the most pro argument why Metro is at least at the same meta score as Bioshock Infinite for me.
    I know most people would now say, yes but the Graphics are not everything. Thats right, but in a FPS Graphics are mainly the focus and not the story! So from the awesome lightning, detailed textures (espacially in the outdoor regions) and awesome animations of the characters this game is really one of the best looking games that you can play at this time. So especially for the PC version that is coming pretty close to Battlefields actual Frostbite engine!

Verdict:

So for me this is also a must play title. It also tells parts of the book Metro 2033 new and changes the story that far, that Metro 2035 will be based on the events in Last Light.
    The game is not too short, it took me about 15 hours I guess and I really enjoyed the twists and the awesome looking graphics.
  3. May 14, 2013
    Ok, so here's how you play it. Have a good rest, eat well, buy the game and shut yourself in a dark room with your gaming rig and some extra food. You can easily lose yourself there playing Metro, and you might as well lose your friends and relatives for that period of time... And thats okay it is the experience we've been waiting for since 2033 and the sequel is definitely worth it.
  4. May 17, 2013
    This game is so good I had to register to review it. This is such a refreshing addition to the FPS which has been dying under plot-less and pointless "Call-to-medal-of-battle-honour" games that have been churning out.
    This game gives so much in atmosphere, story and mood. After witnessing this world, the action is a nice addition and made all the better by the sense of purpose that the game gives. If you're bored by the homogenised, factory line FPSs that have been spamming the past few years this game is for you
  5. May 21, 2013
    The game is in some ways better than the previous metro 2033, on the other side some new features should be done differently.

Good things: - More types of monsters - the metro feels more alive, more is happening there. - New way yo take down human enemies, by knocking them unconscious. - Stealth system has improved, enemies must individually see you to know your location. and you

Good things:
    - More types of monsters
    - the metro feels more alive, more is happening there.
    - New way yo take down human enemies, by knocking them unconscious.
    and you will have a moment of doubt if you walk into light, if you get out of the light quickly the guards
    will doubt they saw you.

The less good:
    - The human enemy knockdown is too powerfull, it works on all medium armored humans.
    Will not work on heavy armored humans. It works both when you ar undetected as when you are
    detected. You can run towards the enemy and knock them unconscious. Just too powerful. Needs
    tweaking here.
    - Stealth needs tweaking too, enemies won't see you when you are right in front them. And you walks
    always 100% silent, that's not realistic. I miss the glass on the ground which made stealth a challenge
    in Metro 2033. In last light you can walk around without much problems, it lacks challenge.
    - In normal difficulty the throw knifes do not reflect of armor pieces, which did happen in Metro 2033.
    That's a shame really, that made it more realistic.

Overall I must say I enjoyed it. It's worth the 8. With some good tweaks it can be higher!
  6. May 14, 2013
    Thanks to the developers 4A Games and Dmitry Gluhovsky for the created world Metro 2033. Game Metro: Last Light is a gaming masterpiece!
    - This Slavic apocalypse
    - unique and unforgettable atmosphere postyader - gorgeous sound, excellent graphic level - lethal shooting - good optimization I have not experienced such an orgasm since the Stalker. Bravo 4A Games! I play on my
    - This Slavic apocalypse
    - unique and unforgettable atmosphere postyader
    - gorgeous sound, excellent graphic level
    - lethal shooting
    - good optimization

I have not experienced such an orgasm since the Stalker. Bravo 4A Games!

I play on my computer weak: Windows 7/32bit /Intel® Core™2 Quad/Q8400@2.66GHz, 3GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 220 GT 1GB.
  7. May 14, 2013
    In the post release wake of BioShock:Inf, I was expecting something way different and much worse from Metro: Last Light.

I got something very similar (not thematically, but mechanically) and just as good! Highly engaging shooter with appropriately timed cut-scenes to add some spice and character. Deep, engaging story based on the novel Metro 2033. Great weapon customization and

Highly engaging shooter with appropriately timed cut-scenes to add some spice and character. Deep, engaging story based on the novel Metro 2033. Great weapon customization and shooting with thrilling elements in a gritty, post-apocalyptic world. Great juxtaposition (had to use that word) of stealth and full-auto FPS. Highly recommended!
  8. May 16, 2013
    All I want from a game is a decent, mature story that I can interact and immerse myself in. The Metro series is by far one of the best games out there for this. I can spend hours just wandering around the stations listening to the conversations and getting a feel for life in the metro. This is not a generic first person shooter, this is the real deal. Style and substance.

If you're

If you're still reading this and not downloading it on steam, then you know what to do.
  9. BMF
    May 16, 2013
    This game is up there with Half Life 2, I don't really need to say more but I will. Metro Last Light is an extremely well realised world everything feels like a living breathing environment full of things to discover and people to meet. The graphics are top notch and killing both humans and creatures feels excellent and is very brutal. I recommend this game to anyone who fancies themselvesThis game is up there with Half Life 2, I don't really need to say more but I will. Metro Last Light is an extremely well realised world everything feels like a living breathing environment full of things to discover and people to meet. The graphics are top notch and killing both humans and creatures feels excellent and is very brutal. I recommend this game to anyone who fancies themselves gamers but even none gamers would be able to enjoy the great story and atmosphere. Expand
  10. May 14, 2013
    Awsome new dificulties and i like you can finish the game in stealh mode or can just kill anything you see.
    Great story,and i hope will be and sequel.
    Just one word:
    Awesome
  11. Ano
    May 14, 2013
    This whole "Ranger Mode" debacle aside, my experience with this game so far has been extremely good, and thats coming from playing 3 hours of 2033 and stopping because of how boring the combat was.

If you are on the fence about buying this, the game itself is fantastic, graphically its on par with Crysis 3 easily, especially the lighting. The sound quality is fantastic, and the

The sound quality is fantastic, and the atmosphere conveyed using the sound, especially around the various creatures in the game, has been nothing but a pleasure to the ears; though when in towns its hard to hear anyone talking to you about the plot line or otherwise with so much background noise, which is my main gripe with the game, but with subtitles its somewhat forgivable (don't expect great English voice acting).

By far the biggest improvement is the gun play, which has come leaps and bounds from 2033. The guns all have weight, and seem very fun, smooth and yet clunky all at the same time, which is good by and for the setting of the game and what weapons are available to you. I still wish monsters showed more impact when shot with a double barrel shotgun, or anything else for that matter, but overall its a massive step up, and I would argue the shooting to easily contend with the top shooters of todays video games.

The single best part of the game though is the atmosphere where I can gladly say they have nailed, down to every last detail. Its gritty, unnerving and wholly a joy and terror to explore the underground tunnels and its especially a treat to break the ground level onto the surface. I don't want to spoil anything more about this aspect of the game, but I would consider this game buy worthy just for the emotions it stirs in ones playing it.

I have not beaten the game, I'm merely putting my two sense in so that people whom have yet to play it have some base lane outside of game review websites. If you are wanting to buy the game, awesome, its well worth it and a massive step up from Metro:2033, it can also easily appeal to people whom maybe did not want or like the first game in the series. But if you are having hesitations, it may be worth renting or borrowing later down the road to test the waters. Also, I highly disagree with this whole "range mode" DCL, its simply another way to cheat gamers, and I will not be buying the upgrade.
  12. May 14, 2013
    Found this to be a very well made sequel to a fantastic survival horror franchise. The graphics, atmosphere, sound quality and level of polish really did it justice. Being able to slit enemy throats, I found especially pleasing considering the lack of in the first game. Gun-play is spot on and quite a bit smoother in comparison to the first game. Optimization was leaps and boundsFound this to be a very well made sequel to a fantastic survival horror franchise. The graphics, atmosphere, sound quality and level of polish really did it justice. Being able to slit enemy throats, I found especially pleasing considering the lack of in the first game. Gun-play is spot on and quite a bit smoother in comparison to the first game. Optimization was leaps and bounds better, considering getting the first game to run at acceptable frame-rates was very difficult even on a high end machine. On a side note who gives a wet turd about multiplayer when we finally get a survival horroresque game that did not turn into resident evil 6 Expand
  13. May 14, 2013
    Game is awesome. I am nearly towards the end and have found it to be substantially better than the first game. Fight mechanics and game-play have been greatly improved. This is one of the most immersive games I've played since....well, since Metro 2033. The musical score is great and adds to the overall experience. Enemies are more varied this time around, and so are the weapons. I seeGame is awesome. I am nearly towards the end and have found it to be substantially better than the first game. Fight mechanics and game-play have been greatly improved. This is one of the most immersive games I've played since....well, since Metro 2033. The musical score is great and adds to the overall experience. Enemies are more varied this time around, and so are the weapons. I see there are a lot of trolls around commenting in here who haven't even played the game and giving it a zero score, so I will give this a 10 to bring it back up. This is truly a great game. Expand
  14. May 18, 2013
    Metro Last Light is one of the best looking games in 2013 to date. It's combat is great even along with it's stealth combat. Atmosphere is amazing and makes you feel how tough living in this world really is, it shows how the last of humanity is holding up. It's just a dark world that grips you in. Story is very well told with a very well made intro to get you starting in and with anMetro Last Light is one of the best looking games in 2013 to date. It's combat is great even along with it's stealth combat. Atmosphere is amazing and makes you feel how tough living in this world really is, it shows how the last of humanity is holding up. It's just a dark world that grips you in. Story is very well told with a very well made intro to get you starting in and with an amazing ending to make you just go "wow". You will care for characters, and others. Helping others has it's own reward. Just remember that Karma is a The setting of last light is also fresh and new. Like, what other game lets you play in a post apocalyptic Moscow metro? None. This game delivers that and does it extremely well. Though Last Light has it's problems such as its really linear story, AI Stealth detection is a bit forgiving and off but not enough to ruin it for you. There are also technical difficulties that the developers can fix. And my biggest problem with the game is that its main characters voice does not use it in game but only in loading screens. I think if they put his voice in game, then dialogue would sound allot less awkward and better. Narrative would become amazing. Over all this game is a must own for any one looking into a well driven story, especially if your a metro fan. Expand
  15. May 14, 2013
    The game is absolutely amazing, a true work of art i loved the first one and this one is even better. It's all i was hoping for and even more. There are not too many memorable atmospheric games for me and the metro games are with the others at the top of my list, sure there still are some flaws, FOV settings would have been nice, voice acting isn't incredible, gun sounds haven't improvedThe game is absolutely amazing, a true work of art i loved the first one and this one is even better. It's all i was hoping for and even more. There are not too many memorable atmospheric games for me and the metro games are with the others at the top of my list, sure there still are some flaws, FOV settings would have been nice, voice acting isn't incredible, gun sounds haven't improved much etc... but this game is so damn satisfying it still gets a 10 from me.

The game is 100% smooth for me GTX670 maxed out without SSAA
  16. May 14, 2013
    Playing it in every possible way myself, watching it being played by others on youtube, reading news, reviews and comments and still want more of it. 10 10 10
  17. May 14, 2013
    Awesome game
    I like customization option.
    Interesting story.
    Love stealth mode.
    I like Drak Ones and Artyom's ability.
    I hope will be an sequel,this story deserve this.
  18. May 14, 2013
    I am loving this game so far. The graphics are absolutely stunning. The only thing that bugs me is that they incorporated SSA. Which is a really taxing antialiasing that isn't necessary; msaa would of sufficed. The reason i'm giving this a 9, is the story can be rather cheesy sometimes.
  19. May 14, 2013
    What makes my review worthy? Oh some very simple facts: I am Russain, I speak Russian, I read Russian, I played Metro 2033 and i am reading the book atm. This game is 10/10, at first i was bit uneasy with some of the new facial models but that is just because of an updated engine. The ability to customize my weapons actually made the bastard, well...less bastardy. All in all, this game didWhat makes my review worthy? Oh some very simple facts: I am Russain, I speak Russian, I read Russian, I played Metro 2033 and i am reading the book atm. This game is 10/10, at first i was bit uneasy with some of the new facial models but that is just because of an updated engine. The ability to customize my weapons actually made the bastard, well...less bastardy. All in all, this game did not disappoint me one bit, well worth the preorder. Idk why some "professional" reviewers gave it like a 70. AI is fine, sure could use some work, but still fine and seems to act fairly intelligent. 10/10 Buy it, play it, embrace the metro! Expand
  20. May 14, 2013
    It's really the best-looking game I've ever seen! It has everything that is needed to linear shooter atmosphere, story, gunfight or stealthy gameplay, awesome graphics... All you need is just sit back and let this game dip you in its world and you will have the most entertaining, creepy and honestly post-apocalyptic journey you can ever find
  21. May 14, 2013
    Atmospheric, personal, and vastly superior to its predecessor. Last Light is everything I could've hoped for. The new companion characters have real personalities, and are strong in a fight. Everything seems more polished and interesting, and the storyline really drives you to play through the whole game.
  22. May 14, 2013
    A really outstanding peace of work.. It's just like old 2033 all over again, just different missions and routes/locations a bit.. I need to give this 10/10 apocalyptic types are my most best 100% Keep it up!
  23. May 14, 2013
    A HUGE improvement over Metro 2033 back in 2010. Almost all of the negative aspects of that game have been fixed here. Mainly the stealth and shooting mechanics. Superb atmosphere that immerses you completely, with tons of creepy noises and stunning sights. The shooting actually feels great now and can compete with the best FPS's out there. The story is also interesting. DO NOT listen toA HUGE improvement over Metro 2033 back in 2010. Almost all of the negative aspects of that game have been fixed here. Mainly the stealth and shooting mechanics. Superb atmosphere that immerses you completely, with tons of creepy noises and stunning sights. The shooting actually feels great now and can compete with the best FPS's out there. The story is also interesting. DO NOT listen to the people that rate it 1's 2's and 3's etc bashing the game. They are talking complete nonsense. Most of these negative reviews will no doubt come from the "angryjoe ranger mode DLC debacle" band wagon jumpers. That is not a reason to bash the game, at all, end of. The publishers are to blame. Expand
  24. May 14, 2013
    My respect for Ukrainian developers. The game is incredible! The game is very high quality and incredibly atmospheric. such a complete immersion in the game I have not had. I love it!
  25. May 14, 2013
    As someone who played metro 2033, this game lives up to good expectations. The stealth system is definitely workable. As you sneak along you can unscrew light bulbs on the way. Makes for a fun, easier and very much playable game
  26. May 15, 2013
    rail-shooter, but due to the story (which is the best in this game) understandably so.
    what I find funny is this: many people give this game a low rating, BECAUSE there are NO open-world elements at_all, but... said people gave Bioshock Infinite high ratings and praised it although that game is as_much a shooter on rails, as is this one!
    the game is mediocre at best and it is

the game is mediocre at best and it is saddening because it could havbe been a great linear shooter, if it weren't for all those bugs, the bad AI and too many little things.

I really loved the first Metro 2033 this one just isn't as good... or I am not as forgiving as I have been before.
  27. Jun 6, 2013
    I find this game really linear, repetitive and borring. Story and climate its not enough to make it good and enjoyable experience. Its more like controlable movie with crap fighting interludes, than real fps game.
    STALKER series and Fallout series are far better than this.
  28. May 19, 2013
    I'm not sure what I hated worse, the game or the phony positive reviews! Honestly, if you read the reviews that are poor, they say the same thing. Rail-shooter, bad acting, bad story. Like there's always another actor with you all the time talking and telling you what to do incessantly... And there's 29 of 30 people who disagree? You feel like Deep Silver hired a bunch of guys to skewI'm not sure what I hated worse, the game or the phony positive reviews! Honestly, if you read the reviews that are poor, they say the same thing. Rail-shooter, bad acting, bad story. Like there's always another actor with you all the time talking and telling you what to do incessantly... And there's 29 of 30 people who disagree? You feel like Deep Silver hired a bunch of guys to skew the scores. Dirty business. Watch out on this one. If you still want to see for yourself, wait for the $20 sale. (It won't be long.) Expand
  29. May 15, 2013
    Talk about hand holding.... Artyom, pull the lever, Artyom shine your flash light, Artyom climb up the ladder, Arytom follow me. The game so "railroad track linear" anyway, you couldn't go anywhere else if you wanted to. Take notice of all the high user reviews. 90% of them have no review history. They just popped on the grid like Metro was the first game they ever played. CanTalk about hand holding.... Artyom, pull the lever, Artyom shine your flash light, Artyom climb up the ladder, Arytom follow me. The game so "railroad track linear" anyway, you couldn't go anywhere else if you wanted to. Take notice of all the high user reviews. 90% of them have no review history. They just popped on the grid like Metro was the first game they ever played. Can someone say "suspicious"? The graphics feel like the first Metro. They were cool then, but when you take a close look at the detail, it's so dated. The hallways have that computer precision geometry. The sound needs so much work.
    The atmospheric plays in the background, but the rusty elevator I'm riding is completely silent. Details details. Is it a game changer? Maybe maybe not, but as the little things start to accumulate, you realize how much you appreciate a game that has polish. Like the voice acting. It is bad bad. It sounds like the actors are reading directly from the script into the microphone. It's almost painful to listen to. Like when the lower ranking officer gets his dialog cut off by the higher ranking officer. You know, like when you're cut off mid-sentence? Except the low ranking guy just reads his script to the cut off point and there's a pause BEFORE he get's cut off? Little things. I like an immersive experience and what caught my eye about this game was all the reviews that say what a great feel this game has. It might, but the devil is in the details, and this game misses in some very pronounced ways. At least do yourself the smallest favor. Don't spend that fifty bucks because you may feel like I do. Paying top dollar is for games that live up to the score, and the scores on this game have been dubiously amped. It's not quite a money grab, but it sure leans that way.
  30. May 15, 2013
    This is barely a game, more than anything it is an interactive movie and I feel sorry for anyone the pre-ordered it. On top of that your hand is held throughout most of the game and whatever npc that is guiding you around won't shut up. No open world elements so go into this knowing that it is a 100% linear shooter, you have one path to go down and that is it. Very disappointing

1. Sep 10, 2013
    Metro Last Light improves on several of the originals shortcomings but also has a few of its own. Mainly the artificial intelligence needs lots of work otherwise Metro Last Light with its hybrid of quality action and engaging storytelling would maybe have been one of the best games of the year.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jul 9, 2013
    I do not recommend this to arachnophobiacs and story-lovers. Nonetheless, the game's atmosphere is so thick you are going to be just blown away. Furthermore, the game has outstanding battles. [Issue#231]
  3. PC PowerPlay