Miasmata PC

• Publisher: IonFX
  • Release Date: Nov 28, 2012
7.7

1. Jan 5, 2013
    The game is pretty and mysterious, and I like that. But the recommended hardware on Steam needs to be reevaluated, my computer is a lot better than what they listed but I still got a kinda choppy fps. It's not a huge deal though. The main reason I give it a 7 is that the game is incredibly slow and easily becomes boring. Other than that, it's fun to look at and explore around the island.
  2. Dec 10, 2012
    To be honest, I did not expect much from this but I actually got more then I expected. For something that was made by only two people it is a mile-stone in achievements as graphics go, as it is a completely new engine. The idea is original and the story is simple. Sadly however, I cannot stress enough at how slow you progress throughout the game because you are only doing one thing,To be honest, I did not expect much from this but I actually got more then I expected. For something that was made by only two people it is a mile-stone in achievements as graphics go, as it is a completely new engine. The idea is original and the story is simple. Sadly however, I cannot stress enough at how slow you progress throughout the game because you are only doing one thing, collect plants. As another person said, it IS literary a bush walking simulator. However it does have it's shining points. I applaud the graphics for two people and design. A lot of the scenery is beautiful and it does get you thinking about the islands previous inhabitants. If you do not mind the snail like pace progression and the repetitiveness of it and know that all you really do is just walk and walk and walk through an island, then you should pick it up. A major downfall is the price and the system requirements. Expand
  3. Jan 2, 2013
    I turned the graphics down and such, so that's all fine. But my only problem is that the camera is constantly slowly moving to the left. I don't know why it's doing that, and even if I unplug my mouse, it continues to move left.
  4. Gua
    Apr 6, 2014
    It's not perfect and pretty hardcore. But I love graphics in it. I love open world exploration and atmoshere in it. In Miasmata I really feel that I'm in woods. Probably someday I will finish it once more.
  5. Nov 29, 2012
    This game is very different then other games I have played. Normally I stay away from indie games due to the poor quality of most. Miasmata was a game that I bought because of Steam Greenlight. I was not disappointed. The game looks very good for being an indie game (puts some AAA titles to shame). The game-play is very interesting. The world is open and fun to explore. As light487 said,This game is very different then other games I have played. Normally I stay away from indie games due to the poor quality of most. Miasmata was a game that I bought because of Steam Greenlight. I was not disappointed. The game looks very good for being an indie game (puts some AAA titles to shame). The game-play is very interesting. The world is open and fun to explore. As light487 said, it is a bit low on the frame per second area, but I was able to fix this by lowering a few things, and many of the issues will be fixed via a patch most likely. I recommend this game to anyone looking for something different. PROS: Good graphics, large open-world, interesting map system. CONS: Some Frame per second issues, but those can be fixed if you lower a few settings (Sky quality and water)

OVERALL: For 15 dollars, this is a great game that shows a lot of promise. To anyone thinking of buying the game, just do it. You won't be disappointed. I know I was not! 9/10!

1. Mar 17, 2013
    Miasmata is definitely a unique experience, and as the work of two people it’s actually a hell of an achievement. It’s a game with ambition, which should be rewarded even if it occasionally falls short of the goals it set for itself.
  2. Feb 25, 2013
    A unique and engaging game of exploration, that manages to be challenging without any real combat or puzzles. It can also be quite tense and scary, as you're being stalked by a lone, but very dangerous, predator.
  3. Feb 11, 2013
    Miasmata is a great survival horror, bold enough to drop the player in a peculiar and deep game experience, built around suspense and fear. The contrast between the bucolic atmosphere and the sensations of dismay is so peculiar that every fan of the genre should give it a shot.