8.0

1. Jan 28, 2014
    This game was and still is my childhood. Good thing it's available to PC users on Steam for only 9.99 USD. MC2 is one of the few games that I still play despite the fact that it's eleven years old. I doubt I'll ever quit playing it, even though the brutal AI raised my blood pressure quite often. :)
  2. Sep 24, 2014
    I´m playing this game over years now and it still makes fun !
    There are like 2 new Career´s for this game avianle and 2 moded Versions for this game with new textures Car and so on...
    BUT !!! the best is if u will Play CTF(Capture The Flag) online with the Veloci :D
  3. Nov 22, 2011
    Yesss. To all who are here to hate about the controls, driving physics, lack of customisation etc. This isn't meant to be deep. Where it shines is in the exceptionally well-designed cities of LA, Paris and Tokyo which have a great variety of routes, fun, fast and exciting. The characters you come across are pretty varied. The game does get harder as you play thorugh. I never managed to complete the last race. Lots of races, fitting soundtrack and superb progression throughout. Only Rockstar could've made such a creative and variety-rich game. Expand
  4. Feb 22, 2014
    One of the better arcade racer titles to emerge from the import tuner craze of the early to mid 2000's.

The racing in this game is phenomenal. If you're not playing this game at 1920x1080+ at 60fps, you're missing out on something truly spectacular. It's breath taking at high speeds, and you can really feel your heart pounding as you swerve in and out of heavy traffic through tight and
    wide streets alike, all commonly filled with a mass of destructible objects (pedestrians included!) and the occasional 'first-time-play' trap, which will more than likely leave you restarting the race and trying again.

Midnight Club II has a fantastic, pumping soundtrack filled with plenty of electronic and rap to boot while you blaze through the streets of the game's three main cities: Los Angeles, Paris and Tokyo. All of which are completely unique, vast and thoroughly detailed with their own neat little charms.(Although, I think Paris was the odd one out of the bunch)

As you progress further and further, the difficulty in this game increases as expected, but not to an overwhelming level. It feels just right for the kind of game it is. You may notice that in the earlier races, you had no trouble obliterating the competition and jumping from race to race, but soon enough you'll find yourself restarting the same races repeatedly to ensure you don't make critical mistakes that could cost you a first place position.

As for the mass of varied vehicles in this game, I can say that they all are a pleasure to drive in their own right. You generally unlock a new car every third race, but it's up to you whether or not you'll use it. I often found myself leaning towards the FWD cars, as they had a tendency to handle better than their RWD counterparts in tight places and usually boasted blistering acceleration, however there were times that I felt I absolutely needed a RWD car, especially during highway races. I felt I experienced a good balance of the two main drive train types available, especially when taking into consideration that no two vehicles in this game feel or drive the same.

Overall, it's a really fun game that gives you a solid amount of content. For me, personally. It only took me 13 hours to complete the game 100%, but I feel it was worth it. (I have seen others take as long as 25 hours, however) Especially considering the low price of $9.99 on Steam, making it a steal. It's barely aged, and it's a true classic among arcade racers. Pick it up!

1. The depth comes in the form of controlling the vehicles, navigating the city streets and discovering shortcuts.
  2. A well-designed and entertaining street racer - "Midtown Madness" on steroids. [Oct 2003, p.102]
  3. The right choice for anyone who's out for an action-packed arcade racer with smooth gameplay and miscellaneous tasks and challenges to complete on the road. The accent in this game is on addictive, high-paced arcade-style driving.