• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Oct 13, 2011
6.1

1. Jul 27, 2013
    This game uses uplay and you're only able to connect when they have their (dns) servers in order (you can copy the ip-address to your etc/hosts (in the hope it won't change) to increase you chance of being able to play it.

After I bought it, it took 2 days before I actually could login. Annoyingly it blames the problem on the user side while there is clearly something wrong on their side.

The game is turn based strategy (TBS). You have a 'hero' that can assist your army with spells etc. And your army consist of the typical 'stack' of soldiers, archers etc. For those not into TBS your army consist of various creatures and the same kind of creatures are visible as one single creature on the battle field with a number besides them. Once you deal enough damage you can kill a few of the creatures lowering the number and the strength of your opponent. Once they all die, it's game over (and you can reload) or you can resurrect your hero (later on in the game). You can save your game at any time.

The graphics are pretty good and the interface very polished. Apparently a lot of time was spent on the details.

You have a number of points to move, after that your opponent moves. Every time, you 'waste' time moving, your opponent grows stronger. In the 'normal' difficulty it seems the opponent quickly becomes too strong, if you choose the wrong way around the map.

Unfortunately after having some fun with the first map the second map became up until now impossible to win. I tried different tactics and sometimes I get a little further than the other. However no matter what I do (I have set difficulty to the easiest level there is) the AI spawns so many creatures that it becomes impossible to win.

Thinking I did something wrong I decided to check some forums and you know what, there are many gamers out there with exactly the same problem. Fair enough there are people who have seem to have beaten it by just choosing the right skills, reloading the game when they lost any of their creatures on the battle field etc. That doesn't seem like a whole lot of fun to me.

The game should be balanced if I choose certain options it might be a bit harder but not impossible to win. If I can fight some groups I encounter that shouldn't make the map impossible to win (which it seems to do because you loose your army and win gold but with that gold you can't buy a new army so you're left with nothing).

Sad, the game looks great but it is more of a chore than it is fun.
  2. Oct 22, 2013
    It's staggering to see another attempt to improve a game from 1995 end in tears and vomit.

If you can see past the sea of bugs, you'll find a desert of gameplay, graphics, audio and whatever else might endear you to a game. Not a dessert, a desert. Do not eat it.
  3. Oct 21, 2011
    As a fan of the series from the very first game, I was excited to see that the latest incarnation was available and upon installing the game I was impressed by the quality of the graphics which was a massive improvement on the last game. However, less than 10minutes into the game I crashed for the first time, but instead of crashing to desktop the screen went blank, music carried onAs a fan of the series from the very first game, I was excited to see that the latest incarnation was available and upon installing the game I was impressed by the quality of the graphics which was a massive improvement on the last game. However, less than 10minutes into the game I crashed for the first time, but instead of crashing to desktop the screen went blank, music carried on playing and only thing I could do was to switch pc off/on. Now as a veteran of a game called Runes of Magic which is a massive crash fest I've developed a tolerance for crashing so undeterred I tried again. Same thing happened 2 more times before I thought I'd update my drivers just in case, which has resulted me crashing to desktop instead of locking up my pc around 75% of the time and still blank screening the rest of the time. This morning was the last straw, CTD once and blank screening once within 15minutes - due to the amount of crashes I cannot even play long enough to complete the 2nd tutorial campaign so I cannot provide any information on how the game plays further into the game. I will admit minus the crashes I like what I see so far, however I am absolutely disgusted that in this day and age a PC game has been released in such a state. It shows a lack of quality control, or maybe the developers/publisher simply do not care and think they can just fix it later. I have managed to play all the latest games on highest resolution without any problem, I liaised with Ubisoft's support team and followed their instructions to the letter and still can't play a brand new game that I spent good money on. Maybe when the game is finally 'finished' and no longer in beta I will be able to give a better score, but until then my recommendation is to stay well clear of this buggy game, DO NOT waste your money on this as it is not ready to play. Expand
  4. Oct 13, 2011
    It's great Might and Magic Return, good graphic, audio, interface, gameplay and great story. Music of Paul Romero is beautiful. Voice of actors is amazing. Big game for 40-60 hours, it's giving a lot of fun!
  5. Oct 19, 2011
    Although quite lovely to look at and easy to control, HOMM6 is a complete disaster as a challenging and intelligent strategy game. Its all glitz and no guts.

The artificial intelligence is generally effective in the tactical combat phase, which features an excellent array of troop skills and synergies that make combat complex and fun. But the AI is extremely weak in the strategy game. It does stupid things like flee from its own city when facing an attack, aimlessly running back and forth across the map, and not even trying to capture a city with its strong army before running out of time (when it has no city). This stupidity essentially kills the game for anyone interested in solo play on skirmish maps against a computer opponent which, in my view, is more or less the heart and soul of the HOMM franchise.

But even if you do have another human being to play against, a few strange game design decisions completely obliterate all the strategic value of the game. For instance, every city can now build a cheap teleporter than instantly allows heroes and their armies to jump around. This makes defending an entire empire a breeze, especially since there is no "fog of war" to obscure the movements of the enemy as they approach to attack. Similarly, captured enemy cities can be converted to your own faction for a cheap one-time cost. And all troop units are recruited from a global pool, meaning the production from all cities can be instantly recruited in a single location. Again, this makes it far too easy to manage an empire and sucks all the strategy out of the game. There are far better ways to streamline city management and troop movement without completely killing all strategic balance.

HOMM6 may have some value for people who really enjoy playing the scripted campaign mode, but even here HOMM6 is inferior to recent and similar adventure RPGs like King's Bounty. Unless the AI gets fixed, fog of war implemented (as an option, if nothing else) and players start making custom maps that turn off cheap buildings like the teleporters, HOMM6 isn't worth your money as a strategy title.
  6. Dec 4, 2011
    Started Playing but unfortunately it did not catch my attention what so ever.
    not interesting and same tedious gameplay as heroes 5, actually heroes 5 were much better in terms of controlls
    many bugs too, and in general is a waste of money, i uninstalled it and sold it
  7. Oct 21, 2011
    I have been a longtime fan of the Might & Magic series, having started with Might & Magic 2 Gates to Another World on Genesis. I was skeptical about some of the changes brought by Heroes VI as many other fans, but I'm happy to say I'm having a blast so far with the game. Sure, it lacks some polish, but that's PC gaming for you (even the M&M titles of old had their share of nasty bugs).I have been a longtime fan of the Might & Magic series, having started with Might & Magic 2 Gates to Another World on Genesis. I was skeptical about some of the changes brought by Heroes VI as many other fans, but I'm happy to say I'm having a blast so far with the game. Sure, it lacks some polish, but that's PC gaming for you (even the M&M titles of old had their share of nasty bugs). Anyway there's nothing that can't be solved by a patch. I must also say I loved all the references to past games in Heroes VI - returning heroes, town names ("Sorpigal by Sea" made me smile) and quests. It's possibly my favorite Heroes game since Heroes III. In a couple of patches I think most people will realize just how good this game is. Expand
  8. Nov 2, 2011
    Unlike other reviewer, I didn't get any bugs while playing this game. I think it's a good release which stands strongly in the veins of HOMM but it's lacking in newness. It's mostly built to be a multiplayer game I think, which I'm not a huge fan of. The campaign is fairly short but you get to play many races. Overall, not impresive but still enjoyable.
  9. Oct 19, 2011
    M&M VI could have been great, unfortunately it is a haven for bugs, many of which cripple the game and make it unplayable. In addition you may find the single player campaign is not very engaging and sadly very linear in how it should be played, deviation from the obvious line is rarely a good idea especially on harder difficulty settings.

This just leave the multiplayer aspect which

This just leave the multiplayer aspect which despite the bugs is excellent and acts as the sole redeemer for the game. Gather some friends and get a long game going to really enjoy this title. If multiplayer isn't your thing then you might want to look elsewhere.
  10. Feb 24, 2012
    Well, i was in mind this game will revive old HoMM 3 style in series.
    But i failed, they just removed classic town, completely destroyed old mechanic and added new graphics.
    No, that's not a game i was waiting for a long time.
  11. Nov 14, 2011
    loved how they made it less complicated. they did a great job with this. really brought me back to the fun I had with heroes 2 on DOS and heroes 3. to be honest the last two heroes game sucked this time they did it right imo.
  12. Jan 2, 2012
    Well what can I say. I am a heroes fan. A big heroes fan. In fact it was heroes that got me into gaming in the first place. So this sequel is pretty important to me. And it doesn't disappoint. No it isn't a total blowout and epic shocker of a game. It is exactly what you come to expect of a heroes game. Its fun. The music is amazing (very nostalgic to past games). The game doesn't takeWell what can I say. I am a heroes fan. A big heroes fan. In fact it was heroes that got me into gaming in the first place. So this sequel is pretty important to me. And it doesn't disappoint. No it isn't a total blowout and epic shocker of a game. It is exactly what you come to expect of a heroes game. Its fun. The music is amazing (very nostalgic to past games). The game doesn't take much risk and sticks with the tried and true formula with a few changes. The lack of a townscreen was annoying at first but seeing as the entire interface is built up of small windows (kind of like the source engine menus) the new townscreens make sense. They are fast and painless making going back into the fight (or exploration/domination or whatever else you are doing) that much easier. There is a shift from multiple heroes to a single all purpose hero that takes a bit of getting used to. No more massing heroes and creating relays of heroes going back and forth. One hero is actually enough. With town portals your hero can be everywhere at once. The new skills system takes some getting used to but that because it isn't a typical rpg setup. Instead your hero is exactly who you want him/her to be. The hero has the skills you want and need. A might hero can heal troops (or burn them depending on your preference). And a magic hero can use advanced tactics and war machines (if you want it). There are very few restrictions in the level up menus.
    The creatures got upgrades/revamps. The new creatures fit right in (like the blazing glory for haven that becomes a one fairy army later on) and yes the sanctuary faction (naga) lives up to the hype. Also every creature has its own abilities (learn them if you wish to win later campaigns) and are affected by spells differently. For example the heal spell is very useful for your own troops (if you're haven) but direct it at the inferno faction and it becomes your main offensive spell of a sudden. The campaign is actually worth playing now and doesn't feel as just a clever way of introducing the next map. There are down sides. The occasional glitch will appear almost everytime you play. Nothing game breaking (lets not jinx it though) but are a minor inconvenience (- 1 point there).
    The online conflux is a mess and can be intimidating. Best advice is play the campaigns online (you can carry over certain artifacts between missions) and if the servers are down play skirmishes. There are enough maps to keep you occupied until the servers come back up. (-1 point also).
    Overall this game is still heroes at its core. Just with a different (not new just different) coat of paint. It still stutters at the same places and runs like a dream in others. The combat is fun. The campaign is worthwhile. No its not the best in the series or a game of the year contender but its a great game to pass the time and at is heart its still heroes and that whats most important.
  13. Feb 11, 2012
    The best of 6! Now you can recruit all troops in any city, you can teleport heroes between cities more quickly, exists more abilities, good storyline, great quests, more variety of troops and artifacts.
  14. Oct 13, 2011
    I don't get it. Where is the strategy? What happened to city building? Where are the tactics? Why is every map a random spawn of my troops in entirely illogical patterns. My Bowmen stood right out in the open and wiped out before they get off a second shot...and you can't alter it. They just "spawn" .Where is the thought in that - either from the developers or from the user. I loved 3,I don't get it. Where is the strategy? What happened to city building? Where are the tactics? Why is every map a random spawn of my troops in entirely illogical patterns. My Bowmen stood right out in the open and wiped out before they get off a second shot...and you can't alter it. They just "spawn" .Where is the thought in that - either from the developers or from the user. I loved 3, enjoyed 4, grew to like 5...which is a good thing, as 3 and 5 are what I'm playing again, this untactical/unstrategic tripe spent 7 hours and 22 minutes on my hard-drive before being wiped. If you like TBS games, get Domininions 3 instead and leave this ultra dumbed down drivvel for ultra dumbed down people to play Expand
  15. Oct 25, 2011
    This game is awesome, im loving everything about it. best game i've played in long time. If you value your social life dont buy it, or you will get sucked into heroes for weeks :]
  16. Nov 11, 2011
    I actually believe that this game is quite a lot of fun. I played all HOMM games and this would be my 2nd to third. First in a lot of aspects is the 3rd part and 2nd and 3rd depending onn aspects would be No. 5 and this. The fights are nice. Models look realistic. Game-play is nice as well. there are some choices I find a little bit disappointing (spells and spell system execution f.e.)I actually believe that this game is quite a lot of fun. I played all HOMM games and this would be my 2nd to third. First in a lot of aspects is the 3rd part and 2nd and 3rd depending onn aspects would be No. 5 and this. The fights are nice. Models look realistic. Game-play is nice as well. there are some choices I find a little bit disappointing (spells and spell system execution f.e.) but overall this is a nice decent new addition to the HoMM universe. The story is actually quite nice and well made. Better then anything in 4, 5 or 2. So do give it a try. You will like it. Expand
  17. Nov 2, 2011
    10/10 i love the new gameplay. I played heroes III for the longest time and I love how they uncomplicated resources and added more rpg aspects. It is very fun and is worth buying.
  18. Apr 17, 2012
    If you love repeatedly being kicked off in the middle of a battle and starting over and over again as Ubisoft's DRM server repeatedly goes down for days on end, this is the game for you. If instead you like games that you can actually play -- go ahead and skip this one and any Ubisoft title that uses their astoundingly bad DRM server -- which is never online, and quits your game when itIf you love repeatedly being kicked off in the middle of a battle and starting over and over again as Ubisoft's DRM server repeatedly goes down for days on end, this is the game for you. If instead you like games that you can actually play -- go ahead and skip this one and any Ubisoft title that uses their astoundingly bad DRM server -- which is never online, and quits your game when it can no longer talk to you. I have nothing to say about the gameplay -- because I cannot actually play the game as long as the 'Conflux' server is down.

Good job losing another customer, Ubisoft.
  19. Oct 15, 2011

It could be compared to Heroes of Might and Magic 4 of the series, improving the game in some areasAs a longtime fan of the Heroes of Might and Magic series... Heroes 6 gives very mixed feelings but is still fun, while it looks beautiful keeping faithful to the HoMM style graphically when it comes to the creatures and heroes unfortunately it also changes some things for the worse.

It could be compared to Heroes of Might and Magic 4 of the series, improving the game in some areas while detracting from it in others.

For example one of the welcome improvements is not having to hire heroes just to run relay courses to deliver hired troops so you don't spend a lot of the time just moving them around the map.

Seems there were attempts to simplify (dumb down) other parts of the game, seen in the towns and their building menus etc. You don't get to see the building added to the town so it feels hollow and arbitrary, like you're checking boxes rather than building a town so there's no longer the satisfaction of watching your town grow and improve, instead all you get are a few icons.

The campaigns have 20 missions which seems decent but only 4 per campaign which doesn't seem nearly enough to level up your hero and get attched to them. For example by the end of the first campaign after letting the hero grab every available experience point he'd only reached level 9, it felt as if the moment he was start to step out of the small fry zone it was over and you have to start all over with the next.

After 2 campaigns the story isn't great and the writing seems a little childish, they also seem to have a thing for trying to squeeze in a talking bird for some reason. The voice acting isn't stellar but with those lines I doubt any voice actor could shine.

There are a few smaller shortfalls, as simple as the font being to small in high resolutions and it seems like the view can't even be rotated which makes 3D rather pointless, may as well have stuck to 2D and given more attention to the detail and graphic art style.

Even so it's still fun and enjoyable.

Though there is is a dark cloud over it thanks to Ubisoft. If you aren't permanently connected to the internet and try play in offline mode the game constantly rubs it in your face, splattering red text in many places about "offline mode" and even goes as far as to deny you using items or skills because you aren't letting it raise the phone bill or just aren't permanently connected to their servers. Expand

20. Oct 21, 2011
    I really want to like this game...but the combat is so tedious. There's virtually no strategy. The fact that there's an auto-battle option says it all: the developers understand combat is rote and dull. Add to that the same world map exploration that's been used for years and years and you get a boring game. There's nothing new here. Granted, the graphics are ok, but Disciples III bests itI really want to like this game...but the combat is so tedious. There's virtually no strategy. The fact that there's an auto-battle option says it all: the developers understand combat is rote and dull. Add to that the same world map exploration that's been used for years and years and you get a boring game. There's nothing new here. Granted, the graphics are ok, but Disciples III bests it graphically. This isn't a horrid game...just not a good one at all. I cannot recommend it. Sigh... Expand
  21. Feb 20, 2012
    I would have though it a challenge to make a bad heroes game. I have enjoyed all the series, until now.
    Somehow they have made the game so linear that it is no longer enjoyable for me. They may as well have made it a rolling demo. The graphics etc are ok but it is the gameplay itself that seems to have been sorely overlooked. Absolutely terrible.
  22. Dec 25, 2011
    I am enjoying this game, but the complaints do have merit. Fun but dumb. There's not a lot of depth to the strategy... Even simple stuff like flanking bonuses are absent. The designers should play some table top minis. Serious glitches exist. Example: Level 2 went unsolvable because of a rigid cut scene schedule. Music is mediocre, graphics are fine but not ideal. EDIT: I am taking thisI am enjoying this game, but the complaints do have merit. Fun but dumb. There's not a lot of depth to the strategy... Even simple stuff like flanking bonuses are absent. The designers should play some table top minis. Serious glitches exist. Example: Level 2 went unsolvable because of a rigid cut scene schedule. Music is mediocre, graphics are fine but not ideal. EDIT: I am taking this down a point after the latest patch did not fix a host of serious problems. Expand
  23. Nov 1, 2011
    This is a very well made game. Very fun, many, many hours of story driven game play (quite long). Some of the bad reviews are astoundingly vapid. Many are obviously from players that have not played it long enough, or are merely having technical issues. There have been patches, and the game runs beautifully for me. An absolute joy of a game. More should be like this...
  24. Nov 3, 2011
    My favourite game at the moment!!! If I'm not looking to the few bugs... its a perfect game for me :) The graphics are realy great and very good in detail! The gameplay is fantastic for a strategie game! and the soundtracks are so calm and beautiful! i love this game :)
  25. Oct 16, 2011
    I was hoping heroes 6 would at least slightly approach heroes 3, but sadly it does not. While the graphics and sound is nice, the gameplay is shallow. A large part of your is spent with tactical combat, which sadly has allows almost no tactics. You can time your first attack, and choose which enemy stack to focus on, but that's mostly it. You can't even control your initial setup in anyI was hoping heroes 6 would at least slightly approach heroes 3, but sadly it does not. While the graphics and sound is nice, the gameplay is shallow. A large part of your is spent with tactical combat, which sadly has allows almost no tactics. You can time your first attack, and choose which enemy stack to focus on, but that's mostly it. You can't even control your initial setup in any meaningful way - units will start out in a sorta- line no matter what. Last one in the series for me! Expand
  26. Oct 17, 2011
    I start up the game and see Bluebyte is involved. Which sounds promising, since they made settlers 2 etc. which I love. However tho, I feel like this heroes version has sponged up a few "finesses" from their new producers and developers from previous titels. I'm gonna go into the negative first, since as a life-long fan of the heroes series so to say, I know how I like mye heroes of mightI start up the game and see Bluebyte is involved. Which sounds promising, since they made settlers 2 etc. which I love. However tho, I feel like this heroes version has sponged up a few "finesses" from their new producers and developers from previous titels. I'm gonna go into the negative first, since as a life-long fan of the heroes series so to say, I know how I like mye heroes of might and magic to be. (unrelated, the 4th installment of the series blowed worse than civ2; tide of time or what ever the frugg it was called compared to civ2)

ok, what I sense about this game is that it has picked up elements from settlers, not beeing too much a fan of the later releases, I can atleast say with certainty it's gained something from Settlers 7, namely... ZONES! Yes, the lamest thing you can add to this otherwise dynamic game, as it has always been. You now control zones which hold different resources and troop boosting structures. This takes completely away the element of harassing and capturing mines, BUT WAIT!!!! !!! !!! ...! there's more!(!!) you can now waste your entire levelup skillup thingy, and get plunder mine skill, which lets you do what you could always do before, more or less. Also, now apparently it's irrelevant what type of town you capture, you can just convert it.. it's convenient, but I liked how you had to play around that earlier and be smart. I play this game on hard, and sit there wondering... WHERE THE F### IS THE CHALLENGE!??!?! Finally some new units tho, I must say I was getting awfully tired of the repetativeness there.. quite repetative now aswell, but there's a certain new-feel to it atleast. SERIOUSLY!? YOU F###ING REMOVED MAGE GUILDS!? F### YOU! the whole spellpart of the game is now just ubersucky. You have to use your LEVELUP skillpoint to learn ONE single spell. Yep. Spellbooks? Apparently no heroes were issued that back 450 years before heroes 5, which is where heroes 6 is set. You can nolonger get different spells available at different mages guilds, or find them at shrines etc. You can find single use scrolls, and you can level up and learn a spell... Seriously retarted, and NOT a good new way of thinking. they should have kept the old skillsystem, maybe tweaked it a bit, and added some new stuff, this is laughable, and it feels like a downgrade, a serious one, of what was. aaand, here's something positive; you nolonger waste a whole freaking turn boarding or exiting a ship. hooray! One REALLY moronic thing to counter that with tho, is that they have completely removed resources. Special ones that is. There is wood, ore, crystals, just making the game 10 times too simplified and more boring right there. The fights for land and mines is now centered to easily defendable forts, and harassing opponents is much less effective than before. OOOOHH!!! CAPTURED MY MINE DID YOU!? Well, that's too bad, cuz I control this zone, so I'mma just get it right back without lifting a fingah bi""h! ALSO what is terrible; is that when you level your hero up, all heroes prior to your first one will be bought at 5 levels lower than your main hero. Regardless of his level. Cool? no, it sux, u can have 25 level 25 heroes by leveling one to 30 :) and that is lame. You can even MENTOR other heroes, that is, sharing your experience with them, so they gain 75% of the experience you have. neath hah? Not at all in my opinion. sure, it's cool that you're a n00b and you can do it, but what happens when everyone can do it? Isn't that cool anymore. Resource system was raped in this version, leveling and skillsystem, also they removed the pan-over and view of the city, making it a little less interesting interactive sight.
  27. Oct 15, 2011
    The truth is, this game is only about 50% finished. Intentionally, or not, there are no town screens anymore, just town 'pop up windows' so all the joy of building a big great city is killed right there. (HOMM3-5 had this).

There is also no way to view your new units before you get them into battle, as the recruiting screen is just icons and numbers (HOMM3-5 had this). There is no

There is no animated spellbook, just a list of spells (HOMM3-5 had this).

There is no random map generator (HOMM3-5 had this).

So, many of these thing are essentials for a HOMM game. Trademarks almost. Why take away the immersion that these factors add is beyond me, but it sure as hell takes 5 points from my rating.
    Or maybe Ubisoft is just greedy as hell, and wants to sell 2 more expansions to the game to make it barely playable. Mark my words, all the obvious shortcomings are going to be implemented in the expansions.This is nothing else than a beta version of the game forced to go out to get money. I mean, the cursor is still flickering for no good reason, I saw that HALF A YEAR AGO in a beta video! That cant be that hard to fix... The models are detailed, but the edges are horrifying , and no anti-aliasing option is available.
    Leveling heroes is confusing and imbalanced, as some skills are way OP. On the other hand, in order to make the skill tree huge and what not, you have the same skills in 2 forms (i.e one adds +2 magic skill, other +3), also this is going to make you play your heroes always the same way, and not adapt to the skills your hero gets, which in my opinion is not that good, but this is subjective.

BIG imbalances in the game (tier 3 human unit can ressurect allies WTF) Now, HOMM6, or MMH6 has a few improvements over the 5th one:

-The adventure map is better. Scrolls faster, it is much easier to spot all the things, monsters, items, so on.. (Maybe due to the fact that you CANT rotate the camera?). But still, a + in my book...

-Turns go faster, the AI plays faster, always a good thing.

-More artifacts for the hero, that actually make sense

Also some big changes that in my opinion are neither good or bad, pretty much not needed, superfluous:

-Leveling the hero, you choose the skills. (Makes me always play the same way, some skills are just better than others)

-Reduced number of resources to 4. (Simplifies the game, although that is not necessarily good, also now you need 2 of each mine, so same thing)

-Blood and tears thing. You being good or bad is going to grant you one or two more spells or abilities, and change the way your creatures look like. (Not a bad idea, but the 2 upgrade choice from Tribes of the East was practically the same thing)

-new units.(Well, someone may say refreshing, but still it is all the same, you get used to it in an hour, and using more of the old units, with only a few new ones, maybe new abilities would be better for the game)

All in all, this game has potential to one day, be better than the 5th installment, if the developers make the essentials available again, will never be better than HOMM3, and in the end, has many new features that really dont change anything.
  28. Oct 16, 2011
    Always online DRM is buggy, disconnects when you are clearly connected to the internet. Game also rolled back single player saved game. DRM servers go down for maintenance regularly rendering the game unplayable. Avoid.
  29. Nov 10, 2011
    First you do not have the right to rate it zero.It is not zero,even if you hate it.
    So i make some balance.
    So i make some balance.
    Come on guys, 0 for this game? Honestly, I can understand nothing will beat H3 in your nostalgic eyes but I've been following the H6-related news (including the various dev diaries), and after playing it for a sufficient amount of time, I can assert that Ubisoft DOES care, and that Black Hole could teach quite a few lessons to your beloved Bioware. How can you praise Dragon Age II that is clearly an insult to Bioware, and smear H6 in the same post? H6 has room for improvement - the GUI and especially the town screens obviously come to mind - but this game is true to the soul of the Heroes series, remarkable for its overall quality, and most of its innovations will probably become "legacy" features. I'm giving it a 10 to balance the undeserved zeroes, but it certainly deserves between 8 and 9â
  30. Oct 20, 2011
    I was a big fun of Heroes 3 but after playing 4 & 5 i was disappointed. But then i played Heroes 6 and i remembered again the good old days, In some reviews i read that it has a difficult to understand gameplay, guys this is not true, you have to be both a noob and a retard not to understand how the game works. I love the achievements and the online features. The graphics are great andI was a big fun of Heroes 3 but after playing 4 & 5 i was disappointed. But then i played Heroes 6 and i remembered again the good old days, In some reviews i read that it has a difficult to understand gameplay, guys this is not true, you have to be both a noob and a retard not to understand how the game works. I love the achievements and the online features. The graphics are great and colourful. Ok the story and the heroes names suck a little bit but the point is,this game is quite enjoyable. Expand
  31. Mar 4, 2013
    Takes alittle time to fully understand how full the game is. Such a fantastic game!!!!!! I love the Might Magic series! (long time fan). Such an immersive super experience!!!! good magical graphics, audio, interface, gameplay and stories. Music Voice acting is amazing. it's giving a lot of fun! Always room for improvement. But as for a long-term fan the game truly builds ALOT ofTakes alittle time to fully understand how full the game is. Such a fantastic game!!!!!! I love the Might Magic series! (long time fan). Such an immersive super experience!!!! good magical graphics, audio, interface, gameplay and stories. Music Voice acting is amazing. it's giving a lot of fun! Always room for improvement. But as for a long-term fan the game truly builds ALOT of improvements into the series. Mainly, the customization and role-playing element is alot more in-depth through out the game. For me anyway I would recommend. Expand
  32. Nov 8, 2011
    This is an excellent addition to the series. Taking the music score from the previous games, adding additional functionality to the interface and implementing the dynasty bonus amazing. Great job. there is of course some minor glitches to the game but patches will fix that. Fully customizable heroes for campaigns was a nice touch as well. Nothing is ever going to compete with heroes 3This is an excellent addition to the series. Taking the music score from the previous games, adding additional functionality to the interface and implementing the dynasty bonus amazing. Great job. there is of course some minor glitches to the game but patches will fix that. Fully customizable heroes for campaigns was a nice touch as well. Nothing is ever going to compete with heroes 3 but this is definitely a great step in the right direction. I rate a solid 9 due to some minor glitches and the ridiculous numbers of haters. Expand
  33. Jan 6, 2012
    The last of the series, MMH6 brings a lot of change in the gameplay mode.Still,with this changes comes the bugs.In my opinion,the bugs and the town windows are the only bad things in this game.These things may change with work from the developers and with great support from the fans.
  34. Nov 20, 2012
    The game is visually an improvement from V in practically every way. Too bad then the gameplay is worse. First - its difficulty is stupid. Even on Easy, either playing campaigns or free missions, you're consistently assaulted by hordes of enemy heroes with impossible levels and numbers of creatures. Really, game? Is this supposed to be fun? The "veterans" suggest the OneAndOnly strategiesThe game is visually an improvement from V in practically every way. Too bad then the gameplay is worse. First - its difficulty is stupid. Even on Easy, either playing campaigns or free missions, you're consistently assaulted by hordes of enemy heroes with impossible levels and numbers of creatures. Really, game? Is this supposed to be fun? The "veterans" suggest the OneAndOnly strategies to counter that, but is this the way to play on Easy? Nope. In my opinion, gone is the free exploration, destroyed by enforced tension. Second - skills. Heroes skills are badly balanced. You level a hero in not an optimal way, you're lost on 3rd or 4th campaign scenario. Sorry, should this happen? So, to recap: good graphics, bad balance, bad gameplay experience. Expand
  35. Dec 1, 2012
    I have been a huge fan of this franchise. It makes me feel exceptionally old to think about how many years ago I played the first Heroes of Might and Magic. I purchased II, III, IV, V, and most recently VI, but I have played every game in the series. As the series has progressed, there have been great improvements as well as disappointing setbacks. V was one of the most innovative of theI have been a huge fan of this franchise. It makes me feel exceptionally old to think about how many years ago I played the first Heroes of Might and Magic. I purchased II, III, IV, V, and most recently VI, but I have played every game in the series. As the series has progressed, there have been great improvements as well as disappointing setbacks. V was one of the most innovative of the series. The beautiful 3d rendering and ability to spin the camera view were wildly successful innovations. The only real complaints anyone could make about V was that the races were not very well balanced, there were not enough custom maps / NO custom campaigns, and the game could sometimes be glitchy before the patches. VI is as radical a departure from V as V had been from previous versions of this game. Many of the innovations in V that were great have been removed, e.g. No more 3d maps/battlefields, no more control over camera angle. For those who played V you will immediately think the controls are broken because you cannot swing the screen around and look at different angles. The campaigns are fun and challenging, the new powerup/levelup scheme is innovative and interesting, if not a bit troublesome to get used to. The biggest reason this game is getting only a 6 from me is because the game is glitchy... severely. The game was released unfinished(perhaps in beta), and over a year later the bugs have still not been worked out. This is shameful. I have been trying to enjoy this game and find myself frustrated with a game that sometimes crashes for seemingly no reason. Ubisoft needs to get its act together if they want loyal fans of the series to buy VII. I am not saying not to buy this. I have no regrets about the purchase, but I waited till the game went on sale. If I had paid $60 for this, the score would have been a LOT lower. Expand
  36. Jan 25, 2013
    Played single player campaign for 30 minutes, and then game disconnected for no reason (internet was fine). It booted me from my game to the main menu without the option to save my progress. Un-installing and wishing I had my $15 back.

Pros: +Graphics look great from the 30 minutes I got to play +Looks like another solid installment of the HOMM series Cons: -Always on DRM that

Pros:
    +Graphics look great from the 30 minutes I got to play
    +Looks like another solid installment of the HOMM series

Cons:
    -Always on DRM that randomly disconnects you won't let you play the game you paid for without kicking you out to the main menu without saving progress.
  37. Jan 3, 2013
    Got this game on sale. I love tactical rpg's, action rpgs, advancing characters, leveling up, finding loot etc
    This game offered no customization to me whatsoever, couldn't even pick my hero, every choice was virtually chosen for me from what I played. there was no depth really (to the point I played) in customization such as skills weapons, load-outs etc. Got so sick of it I uninstalled it, Some may argue that the "depth and customization" come later in the game. frankly I'm not grinding hours in a boring game to find out if that's true. extremely dissapointed, actually so disappointing I created a metacritic account just to share how much I hated the experience.
  38. Apr 9, 2013
    They actually killed the series for its simplifications for youngsters and stupid idiots. Want to play in Heroes? Play 3 or 5 of the series, and this YOBA-imperfection to remove the dogs.
  39. Feb 22, 2013
    I loved HoMM V, but this game is just a pile of c**p, not entertaining AT ALL. Talking about strategy? Lol, this game has NONE. On Hard difficulty, the A.I. "cheats" constantly during the campaign, ignoring mines, resource collecting and such. No matter how fast you catch them, they will always have a stronger army, enough money to convert your cities or to buy full stacks of units, evenI loved HoMM V, but this game is just a pile of c**p, not entertaining AT ALL. Talking about strategy? Lol, this game has NONE. On Hard difficulty, the A.I. "cheats" constantly during the campaign, ignoring mines, resource collecting and such. No matter how fast you catch them, they will always have a stronger army, enough money to convert your cities or to buy full stacks of units, even if you conquered 5 of out 6 of their cities. This happens on normal difficulty also. --So, no matter how carefully you plan your "strategy", it means absolutely nothing, since the game is about being smashed, outnumbered or simply ambushed by the A.I.. THEN, you reload the map and start again to win, by learning from your "errors". Rinse and repeat. --Most of the campaign maps force you to rush to your enemies with your main hero, before they outnumber you. Meanwhile, with a second hero and/or third hero(often with no army at all), you wander on the map collecting resources and hoping not to be ambushed in your main cities before you can buy portals. No mistakes allowed: you fail a single move and you're f***ed: the A.I. is now marked as "lethal" and you have no way to catch up, because resources don't mean a f**k to them. Again, you have to reload the map and learn from even your smallest mistakes. --This has nothing to do with "strategy", it's all about EXPLOITING the game when you know every place on the map already, like a FPS on rails. If i am a good "strategist", I expect myself to be able to overcome the enemy on my first try or to have a chance to survive a small mistake or an ambush, even if I don't know anything about the map. To be honest, when facing a new campaign map, the path you choose and your general strategy don't mean a flying s**t, since it's mostly about rushing through the shortest way (that you can't see) and having the right skills to overcome the huge enemy armies, that will be huge no matter what you do. HoMM6 leaves no space for exploring or for creative moves. There is one way and way only to win, that you will learn game after game on the same map and you have to be quick moving that way because rhe clock is tickling. The only workaround is setting custom options to lower the A.I. unit generation, aka: lower the difficulty just to enjoy a videogame. --"Hardcore" gamers will love this and tell you this game is easy as pie: they're lying, it's not. And it's not entertaining also, it's like being at school with a nasty teacher, giving you bad grades until you "learn" to play A.I. style, like a trained monkey. --If you like this kind of game, buy it, it's your money. To me is just a loss of time, I play games to be entertained, i have a job already. --As if all that was not enough, they managed somehow to worsen the graphic from HoMM5 and the game is full of bugs, both graphical (when you fight along a high ground, you often stumble in a messy terrain that overlays grid and units) and about units, like units that are unable to use their special ability or that miss it at all. Lucky me I buyed this game on a Steam sale. Expand
  40. Oct 14, 2011
    If you can make it to work, game is full of bugs, only good thing is environments but again to a lot of people it has texture flickering bugs. Story is Spanish soap-opera. It has one faction less than HOMM V, plus a lot of things that made HOMM successful are excluded. I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone its a shame to publish something like this after HOMM V - Tribes of the East. AndIf you can make it to work, game is full of bugs, only good thing is environments but again to a lot of people it has texture flickering bugs. Story is Spanish soap-opera. It has one faction less than HOMM V, plus a lot of things that made HOMM successful are excluded. I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone its a shame to publish something like this after HOMM V - Tribes of the East. And town screens... wait what town screens? Expand
  41. Oct 15, 2011
    Two feedbacks
    - game remains true to its HOMM core, which is a plus
    - having to install Uplay and have, again to cope with UbiSoft features outside of the game is a real pain in the a*s...

As a result: don't buy and enjoy the previous versions until ubi drops this stupid strategy...
  42. Oct 13, 2011
    I have played and followed Heroes since number 2, unfortunately all games after number 3 is a downhill. This installation is not an exception, the major flaws is the lack of town building graphics and the lack of placement of troops in the tactical/battle situation. And I dont like the eastern european names they use on the heroes, like Svalka, Svetalna and so on. I think the story aboutI have played and followed Heroes since number 2, unfortunately all games after number 3 is a downhill. This installation is not an exception, the major flaws is the lack of town building graphics and the lack of placement of troops in the tactical/battle situation. And I dont like the eastern european names they use on the heroes, like Svalka, Svetalna and so on. I think the story about Heroes shows the dark side of the gaming industry, get a label and milk it by using mediocre studios to develop it. Expand
  43. Oct 13, 2011
    Lots of technical issues (couldnt' run it at a decent framerate, on lowest settings on a intel quadcore and gt 440). The game itself has dumb AI and fails to innovate or bring anything new to the table at all. The UI is also very confusing, and there is no skilltree for spells. I suggest you pass on this game.
  44. Oct 14, 2011
    While fifth installment had dubious design decisions just like this one, it still had a spirit of the series. This one feels like something entirely different, even though most of mechanics remained. This should've been named as Heroes : Something, because its content is too small to be considered full sequel. Overall, it may be a nice timekiller to wait for Skyrim, still it nowhere nearWhile fifth installment had dubious design decisions just like this one, it still had a spirit of the series. This one feels like something entirely different, even though most of mechanics remained. This should've been named as Heroes : Something, because its content is too small to be considered full sequel. Overall, it may be a nice timekiller to wait for Skyrim, still it nowhere near the magic of HOMM3 masterpiece and it also lacks the technical edge and innovations of HOMM5. Expand
  45. Apr 2, 2012
    About good reviewers: I've just checked all that 4 positive reviews made in 2012, and guess what is the same in all of them? The fact that all the users making them made only one review so far, the one that gives good score to heroes VI. That smells like a cheap trick of the makers of the game to me...
  46. Oct 16, 2011
    It's just dreadful. 1. It's full of bugs and graphical glitches. 2. The company isn't responding to serious bugs raised by their customers 3. u-play stops you playing: trying to synchronise all the time; lagging the game; spamming you with pointless intrusive junk and marketing when you want to play. Give this one a miss.
  47. Jul 11, 2012
    HEROES of M&M 5 was better in every aspect.

If you're new to the series, go with 5, as 6, while it has some neat features, is garbage in comparison.
  48. Apr 13, 2012
    I bought the deluxe edition of this game Friday night on Steam. Too bad for me: the product key didn't work; while I wait for Ubisoft to respond to my issue (Monday at the earliest), I'm stuck being unable to play the game I already purchased. I've never experienced an issue activating a product through Steam, so I blame Ubisoft's launcher. What's worse: I was even "temporarily banned"I bought the deluxe edition of this game Friday night on Steam. Too bad for me: the product key didn't work; while I wait for Ubisoft to respond to my issue (Monday at the earliest), I'm stuck being unable to play the game I already purchased. I've never experienced an issue activating a product through Steam, so I blame Ubisoft's launcher. What's worse: I was even "temporarily banned" due to "excessive requests" (I tried the key with and without hyphens). I just wanted to warn fellow gamers that you may be in for some frustration if you plan to buy the game and play it right away! I also felt that this issue was directly related to the game's playability, hence appropriate to include in a review.

That being said, I've played the game's demo for a decent amount of time, and I have (mostly) positive things to say about it. If Ubisoft responds appropriately to my issue, I will come back to edit this post and give a proper review of the full game.
  49. Oct 20, 2011
    Initial score was a 5, bumped it up to 6 after I fumbled through their UI enough to get some custom games (skirmishes) going. At first I was a tiny bit (was never a big deal) put off about the no town screens but trust me when I say it just doesn't matter after you play for a few hours, you don't miss it, largely because you realize it wasn't necessary, it didn't add anything butInitial score was a 5, bumped it up to 6 after I fumbled through their UI enough to get some custom games (skirmishes) going. At first I was a tiny bit (was never a big deal) put off about the no town screens but trust me when I say it just doesn't matter after you play for a few hours, you don't miss it, largely because you realize it wasn't necessary, it didn't add anything but prettyness. Technically, after you fumble through the current town building screen once or twice you realize it really does what it sets out to do well. Tbh, same goes for the skill/spell trees. At first I hated them, granted I'm still not a fan of the UI in general, navigating around the game after first install literally was nearly enough for me to not even bother getting into the game. But after you force yourself through a game or two, once you familiarize yourself with the menu's and UI, I hate to admit it (because my first score was a 5, hence all the 'no' votes) but the game is good. Now my score is in the green, 7. Expand
  50. Jul 18, 2013
    HOMM6 is a solid, enjoyable continuation of the franchise. Patched, and carrying complementary DLC in the Gold Edition, this game boasts a very large skill tree for each faction, which means plenty of things to unlock and plenty of reason to explore the game. Graphics are beautiful. Music and sound are fine. Cut scenes do the job. The tactic battles are well balanced and campaigns haveHOMM6 is a solid, enjoyable continuation of the franchise. Patched, and carrying complementary DLC in the Gold Edition, this game boasts a very large skill tree for each faction, which means plenty of things to unlock and plenty of reason to explore the game. Graphics are beautiful. Music and sound are fine. Cut scenes do the job. The tactic battles are well balanced and campaigns have LOTS of content. My only real qualm with the game is the simplest detail of the MOVING mechanics for the heroes which is very clumsy and can make it hard to end turns. In all other areas very well built. A game that will give fans of the franchise TOO many hours of enjoyment. Orctowngrot timtimjp@yahoo.com Expand
  51. Jul 22, 2014
    I would like to say I could enjoy this game, but before I could play I was required to create and account in a stupid platform called Uplay. After patiently providing personal information and creating and account the Uplay "service", it crashed and I was completely unable to enjoy the game.

I contacted support and was not very lucky. I think the company has excellent game creators but very bad marketing people. I encourage everyone who has had problems with Uplay and had problems playing Ubisoft games to complain here. They might listen and make their games accessible to the people who actually buys them.
  52. Sep 26, 2014
    Do NOT buy this game! It has been THREE years and there is still a bug which apparently has been there from the beginning and which causes the screen to just go black. You can still see the mouse cursor and hear music but you can't progress and at least I wasn't able to Alt+Tab out of the game, also unable to launch the task manager. I had to start the log off process and interrupt it inDo NOT buy this game! It has been THREE years and there is still a bug which apparently has been there from the beginning and which causes the screen to just go black. You can still see the mouse cursor and hear music but you can't progress and at least I wasn't able to Alt+Tab out of the game, also unable to launch the task manager. I had to start the log off process and interrupt it in order to kill the game! Such severe issues are questionable even right at release. But three years afterwards?! Completely unacceptable! Expand
  53. Jun 16, 2013
    A very good game which has greatly improved with the latest patches released, such as the inclusion of the city view. Not enough good in history, in the other sections a very worthy successor to the series. VERY recommended.
  54. Nov 5, 2013
    A decent improvement on the previous game in the series but with 2 major problems. The DRM system is terrible. Basically you have to be logged on in order to play properly. When the server is down (as while I write) you can't play at all. If the connection drops (which happens mysteriously frequently considering I have a very good broadband), you immediately get kicked, losing yourA decent improvement on the previous game in the series but with 2 major problems. The DRM system is terrible. Basically you have to be logged on in order to play properly. When the server is down (as while I write) you can't play at all. If the connection drops (which happens mysteriously frequently considering I have a very good broadband), you immediately get kicked, losing your progress. The next problem is the bugs. It has taken more than 2 years to correct a bug so fundamental it beggars belief where mana costs rise to ridiculous levels making the game unplayable. (You can play, you just can't use a lot of your skills, and you can't reassign them either). This happens in the first chapter of the main campaign. How did they not spot it? Even though it has finally been fixed, they didn't bother to include a utility that would have taken half an hour to write, to correct your savegames, which are now corrupted. To ruin a good game like this is lunacy. Expand
  55. Dec 2, 2013
    After buying this game on Steam I have only been able to play it around 30% of the time thanks to the obtrusive UPlay and Conflux DRM. When they're not glitching out the game, the Conflux servers are down and I'm completely unable to save.

Meanwhile, pirates are able to download the Skidrow version and play the game and save whenever they want! Screw you, Ubisoft. Lesson learned.
  56. Jun 24, 2013
    Well this game had really horrible start. At release it was full of bugs and glitches. If devs waited at least half year longer and fixed these bugs this game would not be so hated. To day, after patches, HOMAM VI is really good heroes game. HOMAM 3 are still superior, but heroes 6 got some interesting new ideas and really great graphics. Both Campaigns and quick scenarios are good. IWell this game had really horrible start. At release it was full of bugs and glitches. If devs waited at least half year longer and fixed these bugs this game would not be so hated. To day, after patches, HOMAM VI is really good heroes game. HOMAM 3 are still superior, but heroes 6 got some interesting new ideas and really great graphics. Both Campaigns and quick scenarios are good. I still hope that we will see more than one expansions. Only 5 cities 6 with exp. is a little few in compare to Homam 5 (8) or Homam 3 (9). Expand
  57. Jan 9, 2014
    This game could be great, but broken gameplay (thanks to unwanted expansions) and the horrible Uplay experience have left me more than certain that I won't be buying any more ubisoft titles.

The only saving grace is that I only paid $9 on steam at boxing day. I played the demo, and it was super fun, seemed a reasonable difficulty, and was well done. Well, after purchasing the gold edition (only $2 more than regular, why not right?) the game did a 180. Starting with the absolutely attrocious Uplay interface. The game will launch successfully less than 50% of the time, usually it will just freeze and I have to End Task, and restart. Then, assuming the Uplay network is actually up, I get to play.

If the Uplay system IS down, which happens quite regularly so far and from what I've read you do have the ability to play, but most of your features won't be available (dynasty traits for eg.).

Once I started playing the full version I noticed 1 HUGE change from that of the trial version, and it's a real game changer YOU CAN'T HEAL..............

So basically you're trying to bum-rush the NPC to cap it's forts/towns before it gets too strong. Never mind trying to do any side quests at your leisure, there is no leisure. The longer you wait, the stronger the npc's get, and since you can't heal every small "winnable" battle just whittles down your army and piddles them away. You cannot MAINTAIN your army, all you can do is basically buy all the heroes and transfer their units to your main hero, or hope that friendly NPCs choose to join your cause.

There are ways to win, but when you first start out you have to feel your way around the map and find out what to do and where to go, so basically you're going to be reloading and trying to replay the same maps over and over again until you figure out the magic formula that makes it click. Using the right skills, the right timing, and the right path. Yay.....said no one.

In it's current state (Jan 2014) this game is extremely broken and dissappointing and I don't recommend it to anyone. A real shame because just a few small mechanics wreck the entire game and it could have been so good.
  58. Feb 28, 2015
    - only 4 resources
    - town view in HOMM V is waaaay better
    - can't zoom to see the creatures' details during the battle
    - no skill tree
    - forts make our cities too easy to defend
    - healing, healing, healing ... too much healing. It is possible to conquer half of the map without loosing any creature
    + still a Heroes game
  59. Mar 14, 2013
    Bought the game when it was quite new, took a long break, and have played it a lot in late 2012 early 2013. (Completed all 1.0 campaigns one of the dlc's). After some of the biggest bugs have been worked out and townscreens added, I think it's an ok installment to the HOMM series. I like the creatures, interesting creature compositions in most factions, bosses, many cool spells evenBought the game when it was quite new, took a long break, and have played it a lot in late 2012 early 2013. (Completed all 1.0 campaigns one of the dlc's). After some of the biggest bugs have been worked out and townscreens added, I think it's an ok installment to the HOMM series. I like the creatures, interesting creature compositions in most factions, bosses, many cool spells even though you may end up with building every hero pretty much in the same way (many spells feel mandatory). The AI can be very unbalanced. On some maps it feels like you need to either rush their base or rush some sidequest for bonuses like +buildings in your town, or in other ways oblige to some pattern that you just can't know about before already playing the map. Other maps are more straight forward. This creates an imbalance for me, where the hard/unclear objective maps would require an additional playtrough if attempted on normal/hard, but when I face an easier map on the easy setting it feels like I breeze trough with no challenge at all, making it boring that way. If the AI was more consistent and there were a few more factions included, this may have been the best game in the series to me at this point. I can see that they tried to include what we liked from III fix some arguably unfun things about that game (like excessive resource management, shipping troops around, lowlevel enemies chasing your mines). The DRM is also a minus to me. Expand
  60. May 27, 2013
    I gave this game a 5/10 because it is a broken game. The single player experience is fantastic, however if you plan to play with anyone else, look for another game. Multiplayer games will inevitably end up "Out of Sync" a problem that this game has had since launch and has never been fixed.
  61. Jul 15, 2013
    HOMM6 feels like a redesign of good old Heroes 2. From HOMM3 and onwards till part 5, the additions to the game in terms of units and possibilities created more and more clutter and damaged the game's balance. This sixth installment includes a full revamp of hero progression, and simplifies many aspects of the game while adding challenges to the actual combat mechanics, with many moreHOMM6 feels like a redesign of good old Heroes 2. From HOMM3 and onwards till part 5, the additions to the game in terms of units and possibilities created more and more clutter and damaged the game's balance. This sixth installment includes a full revamp of hero progression, and simplifies many aspects of the game while adding challenges to the actual combat mechanics, with many more tactical options as before. To me, this is exactly the focus that this game needs, and it plays as a highly streamlined version of Homm2. Which, in my opinion is a good thing. Expand
  62. Dec 3, 2014
    As a game Heroes 6 is good,better than 4 and 5 but because it is internet depending it can be irritating at times.Still not as good as Heroes 3.It is very challenging even at easy mode and that is not a good thing for me.
  63. Dec 23, 2014
    Personally, I do not understand the large number of negative comments on the game, especially if you browse Steam's reviews... 90% of the complaints about the game all stem from Uplay. I will admit, having an additional DRM can be slightly (and I mean slightly...) irritating, but honestly? People are giving the game 0/10 due to it and it has absolutely no real affect on the gamePersonally, I do not understand the large number of negative comments on the game, especially if you browse Steam's reviews... 90% of the complaints about the game all stem from Uplay. I will admit, having an additional DRM can be slightly (and I mean slightly...) irritating, but honestly? People are giving the game 0/10 due to it and it has absolutely no real affect on the game itself... It's not stopped me playing it, nor has it stopped me downloading patches etc, it simply opens up a new client when you run the game.

So, that pet peeve down, the game itself:

Graphically, the game does look nice and so far the story has been at least average. The voice acting is pretty poor I'll admit, but the cheesiness of it kind of adds to the games charm.

The gameplay is much as you would expect from the style of game. Does it get repetitive? Sure... But so do other HoM&M games and similar games such as Disciples etc. The combat is pleasant enough, though enemies have a tendancy to completely ignore units right infront of them and make a bee-line straight for your ranged units.

That's my only real complaint, and it could be rectified by adding in some form of opportunity attack should a unit move whilst adjacent to a melee unit.

I haven't played the MP and chances are I never will as I rarely have time for this sort of game online, but as a whole, the game's kept me pretty occupied for the last couple of days since I bought it, so I would definitely recommend, particularly if you can get hold of it whilst it's on sale.

So, I would personally give this an 8/10. It could be argued as 6-7/10, but due to the number of unfair reviews, I am willing to give it a bit higher.
  64. Nov 15, 2013
    Could easily be a 9 but I put 6 because of its broken Uplay server.. Seriously why do I have to be online to play single player game? Why do I have to be online to use dynasty weapons? why do I have to be online so that I can save my game? You know, I wouldn't complain here if your online server actually works! I bought this game ~3 weeks after its launch because I heard about its buggyCould easily be a 9 but I put 6 because of its broken Uplay server.. Seriously why do I have to be online to play single player game? Why do I have to be online to use dynasty weapons? why do I have to be online so that I can save my game? You know, I wouldn't complain here if your online server actually works! I bought this game ~3 weeks after its launch because I heard about its buggy online system, was happy and felt lucky that I didn't bought it too early.. BUT! After you launch the latest ~2Gb DLC content, your server has experiencing problems for 2 weeks!! seriously? For about 2 weeks I can't play a damn thing! This is so frustrating. This game is so fun but apparently it is ruined by the stupid DRM just like many other games these days. Again, I wouldn't complain here if your DRM actually works. I guess for games like this, I will nvr buy them at their launch day. Expand
  65. Jan 5, 2014
    **Disclaimer: I've been a fan of the HOMM series since the mid '90's, so this review is a bit biased.

This game might have scored a 9, if it weren't for a couple of issues. I've owned this game for about a week now, and this is the second night in a week that I've been unable to connect to the Conflux servers (which give access to more content than is generally available). While I can still play custom games, I can't continue on in my campaign--the only option I have is to start a separate, presumably offline-mode one.

I understand that companies are interested in protecting their properties via online requirements--but if they should decide to do so, at the very least they should have their servers up on a regular basis so that you can -actually play the game-.

Besides that, the game is fine. I was skeptical at most of the changes, but I've found some of my fears to be unfounded. For instance, dropping down to four resources hasn't really bothered me as much as I thought it might...and having to take over forts/cities in order to control mines just changes the dynamic so that you've got to focus on said properties--basically, it's harder to change ownership, but once you get it, it's harder to lose ownership as well.

I'm missing some of the vast variety of buildings, plus the ability to have heroes learn spells by visiting some of those buildings and cities as well. I miss running heroes around and getting them uber-powerful.

The storyline is old-hat fantasy stuff, with orcs that don't use connecting words, heroes that all have British accents and the like. There's a handy little "skip" button that I like to use for the cut scenes, but unfortunately there's no way to automatically skip the little animation that plays when one of your stacks gets a critical hit. Seeing it two or three times is fine--the fortieth time gets a little bit weary.

On the positive side, the graphics are light-years beyond anything that they've been before, the maps are huge, the sound is atmospheric, and beyond the ridiculous Conflux issues, I would argue that this is a suitable advancement of a series that has devoured as many hours of my life as any other.
  66. Sep 9, 2014
    I don't like the removed resources, but besides that it's a fast paced and enjoyable to play. I can recommend this game for every Heroes fans, don't know why some people HATE this game. The story telling is great as well, and thumbs up for the crow! ;)
  67. Mar 19, 2014
    Love Might and Magic. Love this game aswell. Very creative and addictive! Fun and addictive! :-)

----------------------------------------------------
  68. Feb 21, 2015
    This game has a lot of bugs. The game crashes a lot, especially during load time. The game play and graphics are the same as Heroes V. If you recently played Heroes V, don't bother getting this one. There are a few new features, like new maps, weapons and skill sets, and that's pretty much it.

1. Dec 12, 2011
    This is definitely not the high point of the series. Someone may need to return to the old drawing board.
  2. Dec 4, 2011
    A damn fine - if at times somewhat unforgiving - turn-based game with strategic depth and hours upon hours of play. [Christmas 2011, p.52]
  3. Nov 30, 2011
    Engrossing exploration, diverse development, and challenging combat return in Might & Magic Heroes VI.