• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Oct 13, 2011
6.1

1. Nov 1, 2011
    This is a very well made game. Very fun, many, many hours of story driven game play (quite long). Some of the bad reviews are astoundingly vapid. Many are obviously from players that have not played it long enough, or are merely having technical issues. There have been patches, and the game runs beautifully for me. An absolute joy of a game. More should be like this...
  2. Oct 13, 2011
    First I want to dispel some of the myths you'll find in the mixed and negative reviews:
    1. You can move your units before battle, but you need to get a skill to do it. Had the reviewers who argue this isn't possible played beyond the tutorial they would have learned this.
    2. I do not have any graphical glitches whatsoever. It may be a driver issue for some, I'm running a Radeon 6970 so it might be an nVidia issue or something who knows.

Okay so I really love this game. I think the graphics could be better and I think it's tough for the developers because so many people just want them to remake HOMM3. So for myself the really only issue I have with the game is no random maps and I'd like to see an option for even higher quality graphics.

The new things they've brought in are quite welcome. I'm a huge fan of the massive skill tree. The previous option left you with random choices when you leveled up and you couldn't build the character you wanted. The tutorial shows you how to do just about everything so there's no need for confusion. The voice acting and music is good, and I also like the combat. So all in all a good game. I'm really excited to try out the multiplayer. And just a friendly reminder to all the whiners giving this a 0: you can place your troops, but it's a skill that you get when you level up. Play more of the game before you review it.
  3. Oct 15, 2011
    Two feedbacks
    - game remains true to its HOMM core, which is a plus
    - having to install Uplay and have, again to cope with UbiSoft features outside of the game is a real pain in the a*s...

As a result: don't buy and enjoy the previous versions until ubi drops this stupid strategy...
  4. Dec 25, 2011
    I am enjoying this game, but the complaints do have merit. Fun but dumb. There's not a lot of depth to the strategy... Even simple stuff like flanking bonuses are absent. The designers should play some table top minis. Serious glitches exist. Example: Level 2 went unsolvable because of a rigid cut scene schedule. Music is mediocre, graphics are fine but not ideal. EDIT: I am taking thisI am enjoying this game, but the complaints do have merit. Fun but dumb. There's not a lot of depth to the strategy... Even simple stuff like flanking bonuses are absent. The designers should play some table top minis. Serious glitches exist. Example: Level 2 went unsolvable because of a rigid cut scene schedule. Music is mediocre, graphics are fine but not ideal. EDIT: I am taking this down a point after the latest patch did not fix a host of serious problems. Expand
  5. Oct 13, 2011
    I don't get it. Where is the strategy? What happened to city building? Where are the tactics? Why is every map a random spawn of my troops in entirely illogical patterns. My Bowmen stood right out in the open and wiped out before they get off a second shot...and you can't alter it. They just "spawn" .Where is the thought in that - either from the developers or from the user. I loved 3,I don't get it. Where is the strategy? What happened to city building? Where are the tactics? Why is every map a random spawn of my troops in entirely illogical patterns. My Bowmen stood right out in the open and wiped out before they get off a second shot...and you can't alter it. They just "spawn" .Where is the thought in that - either from the developers or from the user. I loved 3, enjoyed 4, grew to like 5...which is a good thing, as 3 and 5 are what I'm playing again, this untactical/unstrategic tripe spent 7 hours and 22 minutes on my hard-drive before being wiped. If you like TBS games, get Domininions 3 instead and leave this ultra dumbed down drivvel for ultra dumbed down people to play Expand
  6. Oct 13, 2011
    Suprisingly good. I LOVED HoMM III as we all did, and hated IV and V, however this is remarkably good, and goes back to its roots more. It doesnt offer much new, although it feels very polished and well thought out. The game looks amazing in play, the graphics and animations really blend well, its not an easy game, and the AI whilst not genius level seems to offer a decent challenge forSuprisingly good. I LOVED HoMM III as we all did, and hated IV and V, however this is remarkably good, and goes back to its roots more. It doesnt offer much new, although it feels very polished and well thought out. The game looks amazing in play, the graphics and animations really blend well, its not an easy game, and the AI whilst not genius level seems to offer a decent challenge for learning the game. You will get at least 40 hours play in single player alone. All in all a good addition to this series. Expand
  7. Oct 14, 2011
    Suprisingly good as other have stated before. I am one of these HoMM III fanatics and I love that they have moved back to their roots and improved on what was already there.

The hero skill trees, new levels, beutiful graphics. It's nice. I don't like the music though. They should have different themes for the different factions. Now it feels more like I'm playing Uncharted with all these

The hero skill trees, new levels, beutiful graphics. It's nice.
    I don't like the music though. They should have different themes for the different factions. Now it feels more like I'm playing Uncharted with all these african bongos and crap. Great gameplay, good visuals, great improvements and poor music summarizes M&M: H6.
  8. Oct 21, 2011
    I really want to like this game...but the combat is so tedious. There's virtually no strategy. The fact that there's an auto-battle option says it all: the developers understand combat is rote and dull. Add to that the same world map exploration that's been used for years and years and you get a boring game. There's nothing new here. Granted, the graphics are ok, but Disciples III bests itI really want to like this game...but the combat is so tedious. There's virtually no strategy. The fact that there's an auto-battle option says it all: the developers understand combat is rote and dull. Add to that the same world map exploration that's been used for years and years and you get a boring game. There's nothing new here. Granted, the graphics are ok, but Disciples III bests it graphically. This isn't a horrid game...just not a good one at all. I cannot recommend it. Sigh... Expand
  9. Feb 20, 2012
    I would have though it a challenge to make a bad heroes game. I have enjoyed all the series, until now.
    Somehow they have made the game so linear that it is no longer enjoyable for me. They may as well have made it a rolling demo. The graphics etc are ok but it is the gameplay itself that seems to have been sorely overlooked. Absolutely terrible.
  10. Sep 26, 2014
    Do NOT buy this game! It has been THREE years and there is still a bug which apparently has been there from the beginning and which causes the screen to just go black. You can still see the mouse cursor and hear music but you can't progress and at least I wasn't able to Alt+Tab out of the game, also unable to launch the task manager. I had to start the log off process and interrupt it inDo NOT buy this game! It has been THREE years and there is still a bug which apparently has been there from the beginning and which causes the screen to just go black. You can still see the mouse cursor and hear music but you can't progress and at least I wasn't able to Alt+Tab out of the game, also unable to launch the task manager. I had to start the log off process and interrupt it in order to kill the game! Such severe issues are questionable even right at release. But three years afterwards?! Completely unacceptable! Expand
  11. Oct 14, 2011
    Solid Heroes game, although not a lot of innovation here they did improve a lot of things. The best thing about it is that the campaign is way better than any other Heroes game I've played. It's relatively easy (at least as far as I've played it) but the storyline is good which is what I'm looking for in a roleplaying experience anyway.

For anyone who enjoys Heroes of Might and Magic

For anyone who enjoys Heroes of Might and Magic type of games, I would recommend this to you. It's not revolutionary but it's a fun game. I also like the fact they force you to conquer forts to take over mines and lumbermills etc, makes it much less tedious than previous Heroes games when you had to constantly send your armies to take back all the mines and lumbermills that the AI stole from you.
  12. Nov 7, 2011
    This game has a great opening, and the characters and story is both good (especially the undead one). However, the gameplay is linear and repetitive, and quickly you realize that you are forced to do the same things over and over and over again for hours. Even hard difficulty provides little challenge once you see true the retarded AI intellect, then you overtake armies twice your sizeThis game has a great opening, and the characters and story is both good (especially the undead one). However, the gameplay is linear and repetitive, and quickly you realize that you are forced to do the same things over and over and over again for hours. Even hard difficulty provides little challenge once you see true the retarded AI intellect, then you overtake armies twice your size without much difficulty. In our day and age we expect more flexibility and freedom from a strategy game, and when you find yourself steamrolling on easy difficulty just for story, then you realize the only thing keeping you is the role playing factor of the game, and even that has it limits when it can go hours between each story driven encounter. Expand
  13. Oct 13, 2011
    Great game! It does not change the old good mechanics of previous installment of the titled, but adds some minor flavors to change the experience. It has stunning graphic and excellent music. There are also some minor changes that I do not consider to be improvements, like lack of the alternative upgrade paths, but as far as I remember they came for the Hom&M V with the addon, so maybeGreat game! It does not change the old good mechanics of previous installment of the titled, but adds some minor flavors to change the experience. It has stunning graphic and excellent music. There are also some minor changes that I do not consider to be improvements, like lack of the alternative upgrade paths, but as far as I remember they came for the Hom&M V with the addon, so maybe will come here in this same manner, Overall it is the only game published this year that made mi stick before monitor for longer than few hours. Expand
  14. Oct 14, 2011
    While fifth installment had dubious design decisions just like this one, it still had a spirit of the series. This one feels like something entirely different, even though most of mechanics remained. This should've been named as Heroes : Something, because its content is too small to be considered full sequel. Overall, it may be a nice timekiller to wait for Skyrim, still it nowhere nearWhile fifth installment had dubious design decisions just like this one, it still had a spirit of the series. This one feels like something entirely different, even though most of mechanics remained. This should've been named as Heroes : Something, because its content is too small to be considered full sequel. Overall, it may be a nice timekiller to wait for Skyrim, still it nowhere near the magic of HOMM3 masterpiece and it also lacks the technical edge and innovations of HOMM5. Expand
  15. Mar 19, 2013
    I can no longer play this game because the DRM forces you to play online and register your cd-key to a specific account. I've lost that account, and so, I'd have to rebuy this game to play it again.
    Uplay sucks.
  16. Oct 15, 2011
    best heroes game since HOMM3....having a blast! screw the haters. It has great music, great visuals, incredible interface and it has achievements which always make a game better. It sticks to its roots, its challenging, long, and well thought out. I dont know how ppl can say the voice acting is good, imo, its atrocious and probably one of the worse in video game history. Other thanbest heroes game since HOMM3....having a blast! screw the haters. It has great music, great visuals, incredible interface and it has achievements which always make a game better. It sticks to its roots, its challenging, long, and well thought out. I dont know how ppl can say the voice acting is good, imo, its atrocious and probably one of the worse in video game history. Other than that, minor flaws such as a blinking cursor thats really annoying. In short, BUY the game and support it. Its great and that intro, is just so beastly. Expand
  17. Oct 15, 2011

It could be compared to Heroes of Might and Magic 4 of the series, improving the game in some areasAs a longtime fan of the Heroes of Might and Magic series... Heroes 6 gives very mixed feelings but is still fun, while it looks beautiful keeping faithful to the HoMM style graphically when it comes to the creatures and heroes unfortunately it also changes some things for the worse.

It could be compared to Heroes of Might and Magic 4 of the series, improving the game in some areas while detracting from it in others.

For example one of the welcome improvements is not having to hire heroes just to run relay courses to deliver hired troops so you don't spend a lot of the time just moving them around the map.

Seems there were attempts to simplify (dumb down) other parts of the game, seen in the towns and their building menus etc. You don't get to see the building added to the town so it feels hollow and arbitrary, like you're checking boxes rather than building a town so there's no longer the satisfaction of watching your town grow and improve, instead all you get are a few icons.

The campaigns have 20 missions which seems decent but only 4 per campaign which doesn't seem nearly enough to level up your hero and get attched to them. For example by the end of the first campaign after letting the hero grab every available experience point he'd only reached level 9, it felt as if the moment he was start to step out of the small fry zone it was over and you have to start all over with the next.

After 2 campaigns the story isn't great and the writing seems a little childish, they also seem to have a thing for trying to squeeze in a talking bird for some reason. The voice acting isn't stellar but with those lines I doubt any voice actor could shine.

There are a few smaller shortfalls, as simple as the font being to small in high resolutions and it seems like the view can't even be rotated which makes 3D rather pointless, may as well have stuck to 2D and given more attention to the detail and graphic art style.

Even so it's still fun and enjoyable.

Though there is is a dark cloud over it thanks to Ubisoft. If you aren't permanently connected to the internet and try play in offline mode the game constantly rubs it in your face, splattering red text in many places about "offline mode" and even goes as far as to deny you using items or skills because you aren't letting it raise the phone bill or just aren't permanently connected to their servers. Expand

18. Oct 18, 2011
    Good graphics, quite nice AI, but the rest of game feels like its in pre-beta stage. No town screen, just some pop up window, it kills a good feeling of building city which all previous HoMM games had.Music is meh, they should look at HoMM 2 music as guide. Recruiting units is lousy done, you don't have much clue about unit stats. Technical issues are quite annoying, blinking cursor,Good graphics, quite nice AI, but the rest of game feels like its in pre-beta stage. No town screen, just some pop up window, it kills a good feeling of building city which all previous HoMM games had.Music is meh, they should look at HoMM 2 music as guide. Recruiting units is lousy done, you don't have much clue about unit stats. Technical issues are quite annoying, blinking cursor, locking of screen, then heroes , towns and resources randomly disappear. Everything feels like its half-baked, and you will have a feeling like developers wasn't really into this game, its not total disaster, but it does leave a bitter taste. Expand
  19. Oct 15, 2011
    The truth is, this game is only about 50% finished. Intentionally, or not, there are no town screens anymore, just town 'pop up windows' so all the joy of building a big great city is killed right there. (HOMM3-5 had this).

There is also no way to view your new units before you get them into battle, as the recruiting screen is just icons and numbers (HOMM3-5 had this). There is no

There is no animated spellbook, just a list of spells (HOMM3-5 had this).

There is no random map generator (HOMM3-5 had this).

So, many of these thing are essentials for a HOMM game. Trademarks almost. Why take away the immersion that these factors add is beyond me, but it sure as hell takes 5 points from my rating.
    Or maybe Ubisoft is just greedy as hell, and wants to sell 2 more expansions to the game to make it barely playable. Mark my words, all the obvious shortcomings are going to be implemented in the expansions.This is nothing else than a beta version of the game forced to go out to get money. I mean, the cursor is still flickering for no good reason, I saw that HALF A YEAR AGO in a beta video! That cant be that hard to fix... The models are detailed, but the edges are horrifying , and no anti-aliasing option is available.
    Leveling heroes is confusing and imbalanced, as some skills are way OP. On the other hand, in order to make the skill tree huge and what not, you have the same skills in 2 forms (i.e one adds +2 magic skill, other +3), also this is going to make you play your heroes always the same way, and not adapt to the skills your hero gets, which in my opinion is not that good, but this is subjective.

BIG imbalances in the game (tier 3 human unit can ressurect allies WTF) Now, HOMM6, or MMH6 has a few improvements over the 5th one:

-The adventure map is better. Scrolls faster, it is much easier to spot all the things, monsters, items, so on.. (Maybe due to the fact that you CANT rotate the camera?). But still, a + in my book...

-Turns go faster, the AI plays faster, always a good thing.

-More artifacts for the hero, that actually make sense

Also some big changes that in my opinion are neither good or bad, pretty much not needed, superfluous:

-Leveling the hero, you choose the skills. (Makes me always play the same way, some skills are just better than others)

-Reduced number of resources to 4. (Simplifies the game, although that is not necessarily good, also now you need 2 of each mine, so same thing)

-Blood and tears thing. You being good or bad is going to grant you one or two more spells or abilities, and change the way your creatures look like. (Not a bad idea, but the 2 upgrade choice from Tribes of the East was practically the same thing)

-new units.(Well, someone may say refreshing, but still it is all the same, you get used to it in an hour, and using more of the old units, with only a few new ones, maybe new abilities would be better for the game)

All in all, this game has potential to one day, be better than the 5th installment, if the developers make the essentials available again, will never be better than HOMM3, and in the end, has many new features that really dont change anything.
  20. Oct 18, 2011
    Quite good heroes game, but contains plenty of bugs(just quickload the game and try searching your hero :)), there are much waiting times between turns, and the story is very boring. The enemy heroes are very computing and coward, but this is common in heroes games. The interface is a bit chaotic, but the square in combat mode are very disgusting? Why couldn't they make something nicer?
  21. Jun 16, 2013
    A very good game which has greatly improved with the latest patches released, such as the inclusion of the city view. Not enough good in history, in the other sections a very worthy successor to the series. VERY recommended.
  22. Oct 25, 2011
    This game is awesome, im loving everything about it. best game i've played in long time. If you value your social life dont buy it, or you will get sucked into heroes for weeks :]
  23. Nov 2, 2011
    10/10 i love the new gameplay. I played heroes III for the longest time and I love how they uncomplicated resources and added more rpg aspects. It is very fun and is worth buying.
  24. Oct 17, 2011
    I have been a fan of Might and Magic all the way for the first game. My first impression of this game choose have been better, it has some technical difficulties and it didn't seem feel quite right after playing a few hours. And I hate the Ubisoft game launcher. But this game has grown on me, it's quite addictive actually. The game uses some of the old Might and Magic music just a littleI have been a fan of Might and Magic all the way for the first game. My first impression of this game choose have been better, it has some technical difficulties and it didn't seem feel quite right after playing a few hours. And I hate the Ubisoft game launcher. But this game has grown on me, it's quite addictive actually. The game uses some of the old Might and Magic music just a little different, a remixed if you will, And i LOVE IT. At first it fleet like a 5 score game, but my end score after getting used to the game since it has been quite some time since a Might and Magic game. I think this game deserves score 8. Expand
  25. May 25, 2012
    Great game, played the first 3 games in this series but skipped the past 2 as my life was too busy when they came out. Its pretty similar to the previous games I've played and still has the same feel to it yet updates the graphics and adds some new gameplay features to it. This is one series that has not lost its way as time has evolved, I'm sick of sequels to classic games thatGreat game, played the first 3 games in this series but skipped the past 2 as my life was too busy when they came out. Its pretty similar to the previous games I've played and still has the same feel to it yet updates the graphics and adds some new gameplay features to it. This is one series that has not lost its way as time has evolved, I'm sick of sequels to classic games that streamline away the features that I liked about the originals. Expand
  26. Nov 5, 2013
    A decent improvement on the previous game in the series but with 2 major problems. The DRM system is terrible. Basically you have to be logged on in order to play properly. When the server is down (as while I write) you can't play at all. If the connection drops (which happens mysteriously frequently considering I have a very good broadband), you immediately get kicked, losing yourA decent improvement on the previous game in the series but with 2 major problems. The DRM system is terrible. Basically you have to be logged on in order to play properly. When the server is down (as while I write) you can't play at all. If the connection drops (which happens mysteriously frequently considering I have a very good broadband), you immediately get kicked, losing your progress. The next problem is the bugs. It has taken more than 2 years to correct a bug so fundamental it beggars belief where mana costs rise to ridiculous levels making the game unplayable. (You can play, you just can't use a lot of your skills, and you can't reassign them either). This happens in the first chapter of the main campaign. How did they not spot it? Even though it has finally been fixed, they didn't bother to include a utility that would have taken half an hour to write, to correct your savegames, which are now corrupted. To ruin a good game like this is lunacy. Expand
  27. Oct 20, 2011
    Initial score was a 5, bumped it up to 6 after I fumbled through their UI enough to get some custom games (skirmishes) going. At first I was a tiny bit (was never a big deal) put off about the no town screens but trust me when I say it just doesn't matter after you play for a few hours, you don't miss it, largely because you realize it wasn't necessary, it didn't add anything butInitial score was a 5, bumped it up to 6 after I fumbled through their UI enough to get some custom games (skirmishes) going. At first I was a tiny bit (was never a big deal) put off about the no town screens but trust me when I say it just doesn't matter after you play for a few hours, you don't miss it, largely because you realize it wasn't necessary, it didn't add anything but prettyness. Technically, after you fumble through the current town building screen once or twice you realize it really does what it sets out to do well. Tbh, same goes for the skill/spell trees. At first I hated them, granted I'm still not a fan of the UI in general, navigating around the game after first install literally was nearly enough for me to not even bother getting into the game. But after you force yourself through a game or two, once you familiarize yourself with the menu's and UI, I hate to admit it (because my first score was a 5, hence all the 'no' votes) but the game is good. Now my score is in the green, 7. Expand
  28. Dec 17, 2011
    The only improvement I can see is graphic. For the game play it's only fun for a few first hours, after that the repetition of the battle will bore you.
  29. Oct 17, 2011
    The game itself is good (not that it could be better, much better), almost all gameplay mechanics changes didn't break the game. But the story is the absolute disaster - dialogues and voices (maybe voicing is ok in english version, i get the localized RU from steam) are beyond terrible. I was actually enjoying the storylines of the preceding HMM games, but in HMM6, while listening to theseThe game itself is good (not that it could be better, much better), almost all gameplay mechanics changes didn't break the game. But the story is the absolute disaster - dialogues and voices (maybe voicing is ok in english version, i get the localized RU from steam) are beyond terrible. I was actually enjoying the storylines of the preceding HMM games, but in HMM6, while listening to these awfuly voiced and extremely stupid dialogues, all i can feel is embarassment.
    Also, the game itself is very buggy yet, i believe they will fix all major bugs shortly, but prepare to reboot your PC often (i get consistent video driver crashes, despite having the latest one). Some bugs are kinda game-breaking and not related to technical issues (some triggers go off and you cannot launch them again, but they don't start game events that they should start) so you better save your game very often.
    Uplay with it's absurdly long syncing times just adds insult to injury.
  30. Nov 2, 2011
    Never gonna buy another MM game for under 10 dollars. Felt the game the wayyyyyyy stripped down compared to 5. Had to log into the archaic Uplay system in order to play, if uplay was down I couldn't access any of the extra material. Big fan of the series and I really do not like this game. The balance of the game is also horrible and the difficulty curve doesn't make any sense. AlsoNever gonna buy another MM game for under 10 dollars. Felt the game the wayyyyyyy stripped down compared to 5. Had to log into the archaic Uplay system in order to play, if uplay was down I couldn't access any of the extra material. Big fan of the series and I really do not like this game. The balance of the game is also horrible and the difficulty curve doesn't make any sense. Also buggy.... The worst thing they did was get rid of the dark elf class and had that retarded lotus group used instead. There aren't half the playable classes there would usually be. Ubisoft really really really disappointed me here.

This game is lammmmme.
  31. Nov 11, 2011
    I actually believe that this game is quite a lot of fun. I played all HOMM games and this would be my 2nd to third. First in a lot of aspects is the 3rd part and 2nd and 3rd depending onn aspects would be No. 5 and this. The fights are nice. Models look realistic. Game-play is nice as well. there are some choices I find a little bit disappointing (spells and spell system execution f.e.)I actually believe that this game is quite a lot of fun. I played all HOMM games and this would be my 2nd to third. First in a lot of aspects is the 3rd part and 2nd and 3rd depending onn aspects would be No. 5 and this. The fights are nice. Models look realistic. Game-play is nice as well. there are some choices I find a little bit disappointing (spells and spell system execution f.e.) but overall this is a nice decent new addition to the HoMM universe. The story is actually quite nice and well made. Better then anything in 4, 5 or 2. So do give it a try. You will like it. Expand
  32. Oct 14, 2011
    Ok, well something went wrong with the rating on my, much more extensive and robust review so to correct that injustice, in summary, great title, worthy successor of the Heroes brand.
  33. Oct 13, 2011
    FANTASTIC game.... Way better than 5, or even 3. While there are a few minor bugs (blinking cursor) it's by far the best in the series. More games like this need to be made.
  34. Mar 14, 2012
    When I first tried the game I was thinking it was bad, too easy to heal and leveling became bland. Then I realized I could customize the difficulty and how much gold you start with. And then I started to notice a lot of things different to Heroes 5 and how I didn't miss any of them. It feels like a game made by fans of the game who have brainstormed a tonne of improvements and have put inWhen I first tried the game I was thinking it was bad, too easy to heal and leveling became bland. Then I realized I could customize the difficulty and how much gold you start with. And then I started to notice a lot of things different to Heroes 5 and how I didn't miss any of them. It feels like a game made by fans of the game who have brainstormed a tonne of improvements and have put in the hard work to deliver a polished experience, with tonnes of customization, and well thought out balanced game play. Maybe not the best Heroes game for its time, but definitely an improvement and an evolution over the previous games. Really good job, Black Hole, keep making em like this, I don't know how anyone can not like this, big ups for a really good game!! Expand
  35. Oct 14, 2011
    Great game, played the beta a lot and as a player that has played this series since it came out of the cradle I must say this installment is great, I love the new talent progression of the heroes and how you can customize to your hearts desire, the combat is fast and fun, it reminds in many good ways of the old HOMMIII but more polished and has something to offer for a broad audience, manyGreat game, played the beta a lot and as a player that has played this series since it came out of the cradle I must say this installment is great, I love the new talent progression of the heroes and how you can customize to your hearts desire, the combat is fast and fun, it reminds in many good ways of the old HOMMIII but more polished and has something to offer for a broad audience, many fun hours awaits in this game! Expand
  36. Oct 13, 2011
    It's great Might and Magic Return, good graphic, audio, interface, gameplay and great story. Music of Paul Romero is beautiful. Voice of actors is amazing. Big game for 40-60 hours, it's giving a lot of fun!
  37. Nov 2, 2011
    A lot of flaws in the game discourage the desire to play it. I understand the difference between bugs and flaws of programming code. Bugs is the undocumented features of the programme.But when developers can not test documented skills and weapons it is a carelessly published product.
    Very sad but the developer and publisher has released the crude product.
    There is no reason to trust them more.
  38. Oct 21, 2011
    First of all, I want to say that I'm a hardcore gamer and I play the Might and Magic since the second game of the franchise - Might and Magic II: Gates to Another World. I still remember when they launched the first game of the Heroes spin-off. So I think I know a little about this game to rate it, as it follows. Many people look to HOMM3 as being the masterpiece of the spin-off in such aFirst of all, I want to say that I'm a hardcore gamer and I play the Might and Magic since the second game of the franchise - Might and Magic II: Gates to Another World. I still remember when they launched the first game of the Heroes spin-off. So I think I know a little about this game to rate it, as it follows. Many people look to HOMM3 as being the masterpiece of the spin-off in such a way that nothing after that was worth. Well, it is partially true, but now we have a game that contests that conservative vision. When Ubisoft published HOMM4, I don't think it had assimilated the spirit of the game, so what we saw was a huge implementation of graphical aspects, in detriment to the gameplay the fans expected. But Ubisoft honored its tradition of being so attentive to detail and bought us HOMM5, that wasnt as good as HOMM3, but it was a improvement over HOMM4. And now, two versions later, a much experienced and respectful Ubisoft delivered this game, that mix both the gameplay of HOMM3 and gorgeous graphics, adding new features that actually contributes to the fun of the game. Everything is this game is meant to be big and it does deliver this sensation. I'm in love. 10 Expand
  39. Oct 13, 2011
  40. Apr 13, 2012
    I bought the deluxe edition of this game Friday night on Steam. Too bad for me: the product key didn't work; while I wait for Ubisoft to respond to my issue (Monday at the earliest), I'm stuck being unable to play the game I already purchased. I've never experienced an issue activating a product through Steam, so I blame Ubisoft's launcher. What's worse: I was even "temporarily banned"I bought the deluxe edition of this game Friday night on Steam. Too bad for me: the product key didn't work; while I wait for Ubisoft to respond to my issue (Monday at the earliest), I'm stuck being unable to play the game I already purchased. I've never experienced an issue activating a product through Steam, so I blame Ubisoft's launcher. What's worse: I was even "temporarily banned" due to "excessive requests" (I tried the key with and without hyphens). I just wanted to warn fellow gamers that you may be in for some frustration if you plan to buy the game and play it right away! I also felt that this issue was directly related to the game's playability, hence appropriate to include in a review.

That being said, I've played the game's demo for a decent amount of time, and I have (mostly) positive things to say about it. If Ubisoft responds appropriately to my issue, I will come back to edit this post and give a proper review of the full game.
  41. Oct 14, 2011
    Excellent continuation of cult game! It is even more cards of monsters of abilities and pleasant atmosphere! In a word it is good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  42. Nov 2, 2011
    Unlike other reviewer, I didn't get any bugs while playing this game. I think it's a good release which stands strongly in the veins of HOMM but it's lacking in newness. It's mostly built to be a multiplayer game I think, which I'm not a huge fan of. The campaign is fairly short but you get to play many races. Overall, not impresive but still enjoyable.
  43. Oct 20, 2011
    I was a big fun of Heroes 3 but after playing 4 & 5 i was disappointed. But then i played Heroes 6 and i remembered again the good old days, In some reviews i read that it has a difficult to understand gameplay, guys this is not true, you have to be both a noob and a retard not to understand how the game works. I love the achievements and the online features. The graphics are great andI was a big fun of Heroes 3 but after playing 4 & 5 i was disappointed. But then i played Heroes 6 and i remembered again the good old days, In some reviews i read that it has a difficult to understand gameplay, guys this is not true, you have to be both a noob and a retard not to understand how the game works. I love the achievements and the online features. The graphics are great and colourful. Ok the story and the heroes names suck a little bit but the point is,this game is quite enjoyable. Expand
  44. Oct 13, 2011
    My opinion it is possible to hate, curse and all the works, but it's the best part of the Heroes after 3, and even challenge is real hard, all the guys who are angry, tell me the game ... terrible shortcomings lock you say, and what with this? type is the main gameplay feature. Dumb AI? I do not want to disappoint you but Heroes has always been a project in which you want to play withMy opinion it is possible to hate, curse and all the works, but it's the best part of the Heroes after 3, and even challenge is real hard, all the guys who are angry, tell me the game ... terrible shortcomings lock you say, and what with this? type is the main gameplay feature. Dumb AI? I do not want to disappoint you but Heroes has always been a project in which you want to play with friends (Ie living people), simplification of the resource, delirium, they all did the right thing. Maybe someone will complain about the fights, so they are 2 times the beam 5 and 4 combined, and if we take the pumping and 3 next to no cost, because you can actually create individual character, and his mother is cool. Multiplayer is beyond praise, the idea of â Expand
  45. Oct 13, 2011
    This game is a disaster. A lof of technical issues (blinking cursor, no AA, no SLI support, very bad framerate considering how ugly it is, etc), very confusing menus (I have to create a new hero to play that team, etc), strange design decisions (NO TOWNSCREENS, free to pick skills from a huge selection but not skilltrees (so many that my GF actually asked me to just do it for her, and sheThis game is a disaster. A lof of technical issues (blinking cursor, no AA, no SLI support, very bad framerate considering how ugly it is, etc), very confusing menus (I have to create a new hero to play that team, etc), strange design decisions (NO TOWNSCREENS, free to pick skills from a huge selection but not skilltrees (so many that my GF actually asked me to just do it for her, and she is a Heroes veteran), global recruiting, only 4 resources, etc) and VERY imbalanced (a skill that gives 25% more XP vs a skill that gives your troops 2% more HP, etc). This is from someone who LOVED all other Heroes games. They also promised to fix many of these things from the beta but it still unplayable. AVOID AT ALL COST! Expand
  46. Oct 13, 2011
    A true successor of the Heroes series. The game play is smooth and the graphics is just fantastic. Combine that with the excellent music and you get a true heroes atmosphere.
    There are very good innovations in the game, like the area control. You don't have to chase the weak enemy heroes capturing your mines over and over again, you just have to control the Towns. The duel mode is great, i spent countless hours with it during the beta and will continue to do it in the released game.
  47. Oct 13, 2011
    Apart from the town screens and a few bugs (soon to be fixed, I trust), this game is brilliant. Graphics, animations story and combat are all optimal, UI & level design are fine and there is a good balance between new stuff and legacy aspects of the MMH series.

Go for it !
  48. Oct 13, 2011
    Come on guys, 0 for this game? Honestly, I can understand nothing will beat H3 in your nostalgic eyes but I've been following the H6-related news (including the various dev diaries), and after playing it for a sufficient amount of time, I can assert that Ubisoft DOES care, and that Black Hole could teach quite a few lessons to your beloved Bioware. How can you praise Dragon Age II that isCome on guys, 0 for this game? Honestly, I can understand nothing will beat H3 in your nostalgic eyes but I've been following the H6-related news (including the various dev diaries), and after playing it for a sufficient amount of time, I can assert that Ubisoft DOES care, and that Black Hole could teach quite a few lessons to your beloved Bioware. How can you praise Dragon Age II that is clearly an insult to Bioware, and smear H6 in the same post? H6 has room for improvement - the GUI and especially the town screens obviously come to mind - but this game is true to the soul of the Heroes series, remarkable for its overall quality, and most of its innovations will probably become "legacy" features. I'm giving it a 10 to balance the undeserved zeroes, but it certainly deserves between 8 and 9 Expand
  49. Oct 13, 2011
    My opinion is simple: it's awesome. Hungarian developers created really nice game. Design, graphics, gameplay - everything was made perfectly. New chapter of Heroes deserves the highest ranking.
  50. Oct 13, 2011
    Lots of technical issues (couldnt' run it at a decent framerate, on lowest settings on a intel quadcore and gt 440). The game itself has dumb AI and fails to innovate or bring anything new to the table at all. The UI is also very confusing, and there is no skilltree for spells. I suggest you pass on this game.
  51. Oct 13, 2011
    Fantastic game! If you like HOMM 3 then this is the game for you. Beautiful graphics (if you see people say they are no good they must be running the game on a 1995 build computer). Excellent character development, no more crossing your fringers in HOPES to get the skill you need. Plays like any other HOMM turn based game, dont let other people fool you by saying there is no strategyFantastic game! If you like HOMM 3 then this is the game for you. Beautiful graphics (if you see people say they are no good they must be running the game on a 1995 build computer). Excellent character development, no more crossing your fringers in HOPES to get the skill you need. Plays like any other HOMM turn based game, dont let other people fool you by saying there is no strategy as the strategy is the exact same as the past HOMM games. This is a must buy for those who really enjoy the HOMM universe. The music is magical, graphics fantastic, beautiful character animations and art, revamped castle UI (much needed from HOMM 5). A must have. Expand
  52. Oct 13, 2011
    0?! praising Dragon Age 2??!! Seriously I don't get it...

0?! praising Dragon Age 2??!! Seriously I don't get it...

I have played Heroes VI for a couple of days now and I felt at first that there were no BIG changes but little by little I noticed subtle but smart moves from previous Heroes such as a new ability system, advanced classes, boss fights, persistent items from map to map, the Conflux online thing. The graphics and animations look really amazing but the game has still some bugs but It's usually the kind of game that gets patches. The story is actually pretty cool, the only downpart is the town screen, it's missing the visuals for all buildings... ahh yes, I'm playing on hard mode and AI is making it a nice challenge. Anyway for any Heroes lovers and those who want to play the best turn-based strategy around, you can go for this one blindfolded.
  53. Oct 13, 2011
    I have played and followed Heroes since number 2, unfortunately all games after number 3 is a downhill. This installation is not an exception, the major flaws is the lack of town building graphics and the lack of placement of troops in the tactical/battle situation. And I dont like the eastern european names they use on the heroes, like Svalka, Svetalna and so on. I think the story aboutI have played and followed Heroes since number 2, unfortunately all games after number 3 is a downhill. This installation is not an exception, the major flaws is the lack of town building graphics and the lack of placement of troops in the tactical/battle situation. And I dont like the eastern european names they use on the heroes, like Svalka, Svetalna and so on. I think the story about Heroes shows the dark side of the gaming industry, get a label and milk it by using mediocre studios to develop it. Expand
  54. Oct 13, 2011
    One more turn, one more turn... I'm going to play this one for nights... this is a social life killer... :) the game is amazing, it's such a pleasure to jump back into a Heroes game, the musics are fantastic!!! Gotta go back and discover who killed that knight duke!
  55. Oct 13, 2011
    This game is great. Don't trust the negative reviews, they didn't play enough of the game to properly review it. I loved all of the games in the series and this one is the second best after III.
  56. Oct 13, 2011
    I have played Heroes since the 3rd one and enjoyed 4 and 5. However not counting 3 of course this is probably the best one I have played. Graphically, performance, UI, customization I love it a little sad about the city screen but it will be there in a few patches. I would recommend this game for sure. Good Job Ubisoft!
  57. Oct 14, 2011
    Great game. One can argue that this is an old school game with lack of innovation. But for a heroes player it is full of innovation while keeping the good old heroes formula that has made the whole series one of the best in the genre. I would've given it 10 if they had made a proper town screen, but apart from that, it almost feels like Heroes III.
  58. Oct 14, 2011
    Well. If you are old enough to love HOMM3, it won't fulfill your demands. However, avoid at all cost??? Not at all. If you are a fan, this game offers what you got already. Fun. Nothing to shocking, surprising or annoying. Small changes for menus and skills and a slightly better but more demanding graphics. An 6~8/10 would be fair depending on how you like the improvements on a legend gameWell. If you are old enough to love HOMM3, it won't fulfill your demands. However, avoid at all cost??? Not at all. If you are a fan, this game offers what you got already. Fun. Nothing to shocking, surprising or annoying. Small changes for menus and skills and a slightly better but more demanding graphics. An 6~8/10 would be fair depending on how you like the improvements on a legend game such as HOMM3. Expand
  59. Oct 14, 2011
    Like all good turn based games, its hard to not play just 1 more turn. Time flies by and I am enjoying every minute of it. I am not an avid follower of the series as many here are. But, if you are like me and enjoy turn based games too, then I recommend this title because it is a decent game and you don't have to have played the previous ones to enjoy it. I am a testament to that.
  60. Oct 14, 2011
    If one should find an exaggerating metaphor for this outrageously gripping new title then it should be that this game is the best thing since the invention of sliced bread. Many generations after us will hail this title as the crown of turn-based strategy gaming dethroning the infamous and undeserved monopolist Heroes of Might & Magic 3 basically over night. Starting with the trimming ofIf one should find an exaggerating metaphor for this outrageously gripping new title then it should be that this game is the best thing since the invention of sliced bread. Many generations after us will hail this title as the crown of turn-based strategy gaming dethroning the infamous and undeserved monopolist Heroes of Might & Magic 3 basically over night. Starting with the trimming of fat like unprecedented level of detail and interactivity contained within the town screens of its predecessors - which usually promoted nothing but unwarranted levels of immersion - going to the removal of the obscenely random Random Map Generators and the time-saving components as simultaneous turns in multiplayer responsible for the rush mentality in the turn-based strategy gaming community of today alongside useless chaff like faction diversity it is without doubt that what the user is being graced with is a cornerstone in game design and the new reference product for the Might and Magic series. One may only look in awe at the stunning and thrilling dialogue sequences packed into compact dialogue windows of unseen beauty or just be shaken with emotions as the protagonist characters invite the player into an epic story emblazoned with wooden yet heart-rending narration. While you band together with your friends online to go together or against each-other you will learn the virtues of patience as the game bestows upon you first-class, seamless and fluid-as-molasses hotseat play experience no matter the game mode you have signed up for. After you have witnessed first-hand the devotion and dedication poured into this game while enjoying the heart-pounding experience of the well-balanced and cleverly revised battle system turning every unit into a melee one then you know you are in for a deal of the most awesome kind. Bristling with innovations while retaining long-loved features such as the chasing of unshackled enemies all over the map this game has surely has tons of replay potential left yet to be unearthed. Finally tearing to shreds any kind of nostalgia felt towards in-franchise competitors nearing over a decade in age this leaves only one loving verdict: Ten points! Expand
  61. Oct 14, 2011
    Mmh6 is a very good game - better than all older heroes!
    Many changes but good changes make this game very playable and give heroes series fresh air.
    Give this part a chance then you will see that i have right:)
  62. Oct 16, 2011
    There are way to many wrong facts about this game out there. You CAN move your troops before battle, only you need the "tactics" skill as mentioned before. Many people are complaining about the difficulty level. You can start with one of five campaigns so all of them start easy, BUT if you play this game longer then 120 min like some people wrote, you will find the later missions somewhatThere are way to many wrong facts about this game out there. You CAN move your troops before battle, only you need the "tactics" skill as mentioned before. Many people are complaining about the difficulty level. You can start with one of five campaigns so all of them start easy, BUT if you play this game longer then 120 min like some people wrote, you will find the later missions somewhat challanging. I am a HoMM veteran myself (started with II ) and i like this game. Many changes are just comfort, like town portal for every faction or recruiting your troops all in one city. But i like them. Expand
  63. Oct 14, 2011
    If you can make it to work, game is full of bugs, only good thing is environments but again to a lot of people it has texture flickering bugs. Story is Spanish soap-opera. It has one faction less than HOMM V, plus a lot of things that made HOMM successful are excluded. I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone its a shame to publish something like this after HOMM V - Tribes of the East. AndIf you can make it to work, game is full of bugs, only good thing is environments but again to a lot of people it has texture flickering bugs. Story is Spanish soap-opera. It has one faction less than HOMM V, plus a lot of things that made HOMM successful are excluded. I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone its a shame to publish something like this after HOMM V - Tribes of the East. And town screens... wait what town screens? Expand
  64. Oct 14, 2011
    I am going to go ahead and give this game a 10 to offset some of the idiocy here mainly due to misinformed players who own the game and have not played it enough in order to give the game a proper review. Troop placement is a SKILL point. Mouse issues can be fixed by turning OFF vsync.

Tthe deep, hero customization through Good/Evil lineage, skill trees, and items make for a very dynamic experience. Long story short Heroes VI is a GREAT addition to the series and should be picked by up any fan of turn based strategy.

Town screens are just a minor gripe and I'm not bothered by it much to be honest so im not going to hop on that bandwagon. I am actually liking "zones of control" and resource consolidation. The graphics are superb and the musical score is strong.

Gameplay is not much different from other heroes games of the past. Animation speeds are fully adjustable to your liking.

Game is well deserving of 9/10
  65. Oct 14, 2011
    I signed up just cause of this game, just cause of so many *bleep* rated it 0 for no good reason. This game is beautiful. The music is beautiful. The graphics is nice and enjoyable. The gameplay is pretty much what were used to in previous HoMM installments. The development of your heroes has changed for the better, as this part of the game is now deeper and you are able to choose moreI signed up just cause of this game, just cause of so many *bleep* rated it 0 for no good reason. This game is beautiful. The music is beautiful. The graphics is nice and enjoyable. The gameplay is pretty much what were used to in previous HoMM installments. The development of your heroes has changed for the better, as this part of the game is now deeper and you are able to choose more specifically how you want your heroes to evolve, and what they're going to be good at.

Yes, the city screen isn't as big and enjoyable as before, but that is really my only gripe with this game so far, and the pluses of this game far surpasses the minuses. So I'm gonna go ahead and give it a solid 9.

Very enjoyable game
  66. Oct 14, 2011
    I played the demo - which must have been seriously lame compared to the full game - and hell I loved it. I only registered here to tell you guys: that only map I could use in the demo version gave a 100 times more fun and brainstorming than the entire HoMM V. (my fav is still IV tho, don't throw rocks at me :) )
    Anyways, what I don't understand is all the complaints on the town screen...
    Anyways, what I don't understand is all the complaints on the town screen... okay, you can't play with sunbeams like in HoMM V (and I'm sure almost every single one of us here did that at least a few times :D) but apart from that, you got an awesome interface to manage your troops and your castle/fortress/whatever. The bonus strategical options - like the territories, outposts, different handling of mines - made it more like a strategy game than an RPG - which was my main pain in HoMM V. :) So after ONLY playing the demo, I still loved it much more than the prequel, haters should play Strongold 3, I'll buy the full version in the very moment I'll have enough money for it :)
  67. Oct 15, 2011
    I waited this game for a long time. What can I say, in the first impression is WOW. I like it so much. Now I spend then 20 hour game-play, and I feel more depth of tactics and skills. It's very impressed me. They made a fresh air of this franchise, but not lost their soul. When you play and say "just one more turn", that's remind me a good memories! That's what I need (for a heroes fun)!I waited this game for a long time. What can I say, in the first impression is WOW. I like it so much. Now I spend then 20 hour game-play, and I feel more depth of tactics and skills. It's very impressed me. They made a fresh air of this franchise, but not lost their soul. When you play and say "just one more turn", that's remind me a good memories! That's what I need (for a heroes fun)!
    GRAPHICS 96/100 (in this genre)
    Graphics it's amazing, especially the adventure maps (of course in high setting). Some reviewer talking about graphics issue (zoom in, and not looks like Crysis - dude this is not FPS - different technology -and you don't play strategy in fps mode), or glitches (graphic driver problem or lowend PC settings)? I don't understand why. They have bad luck about hardware or driver (or system spam) I think. (UBI referred about bug fix - some people have black screen, or laptop issue - they will fixing). But this is not about game, these are technical problems, what they can fix (Look at Rage - what they got from PC users - on consoles no problem, no tantrums). From that view is not objective the critics. When you can play the game in long time, then you able to discover lot of fun-factor (20 hour not so long to discover every aspect of the game!), and beauty visual.
    Units and map visual are closer to the H3, and leave H5 cartoonish style. This create more serious feeling, and more familiar to the adult audience. (Don't forget H1 released 1995 - that children are parents now.)
    - When your hero walk over the bridge, and you see cascade seem to fall into the depths.
    - You move into the swamp and feels like in sleep hollow movie.
    - You don't wanna leave the dungeon because of beauty.
    What can I say :)
    In this game have lot of different battle area. Some very memorable and some just decent. Effects are nice, but some are very common. I wanted to see some (like in FinalFantasy) huge facedropper effect, or more creative stuff for magic. User interface is ok, very clever and transparent. Icons are nice. BUT I miss the magic book! Scrolling! Of course TOWN SCREEN - what happened, and why? I want full screen town, with lot of detail - come on 2011! (There have rumor about townscreen fix in the future patch - I hope so)
    ANIMATIONS 99/100 (in this genre)
    I like the units animations. Very detailed, and full of life. There have new animation (which was not previously): defense, or critical hit.
    There have humor too. When your troop waiting so long, then start fun animation. :))
    On the adventure maps need some critter - create more life!
    CUTSCENES 80/100 (ingame - PC games)
    Compare to the other AAA hyped title, for example Deus Ex, it's much more decent and polished (especial lipsync). There are lot of them, and not the same at all. Nice touch to story telling, but not every aspect. (-20)
    MUSIC 100/100
    In the 25th anniversary we hear lot of familiar tunes from Might and Magic series. This make me chill, goose-skin, and brake up good memories :) Nice touch.
    VOICE AND SOUND (80/100)
    Voice acting (in this industry) are very decent. Some a bit over/under played, but the average are good. Sound nothing special, just fine. Maybe some missing (example: ship movement have no sound)
    GAMEPLAY 90/100
    Area control, new (not random) skill system, dynasty ability, new race are fresh and exciting. AI fast and sometimes more challenge. (This AI more complex than before.) Hard mode sometimes insane (Be careful: AI in this mode cheating with more resource and units!)
    Town upgrade, and unique buildings are fine (new game tactics for online). Market very clever and easy to use. (Full Townscreen usage more fun.)
    There have hotseat and online mode for living AI :) Duel is fun, just need more level, and opportunity to create unique army.
    TECHNICAL (85/100)
    In my machine this game are stable. Graphics smooth. I would like antialising. Save is very fast.
    Loading or closing the game sometimes a bit long (somthing online issue I think)
    Some dude show about incompetency:
    UNIT PLACING BEFORE BATTLE - Is it POSSIBLE, if you have a special skill for that!
    THERE IS ALSO NO WAY TO VIEW YOUR NEW UNITS
    - Dude where are your eyes? On the Unit window there have a button to show your unit in close, and you can rotate. (OMG)
    THE CURSOR IS STILL FLICKERING FOR NO GOOD REASON
    - That's just on some configuration, how I saw on some forum. Of course this fix coming, as soon as possible, if you read UBI forum. BIG IMBALANCES IN THE GAME
    - That judge in a few hour play? Oh, and what Heroes was balanced in release? I remember H3 needed 3 addon/patch (year after year) and still not so balanced. I take 10 score, because some "kid" playing as troll and crash the normal count. These dude need to live in middle Africa or Afghanistan for a couple of year - or just playing enough to know the depth of the game...
  68. Oct 16, 2011
    The last heroes of might and magic iplayed was number 2 and i was too young to understand the game but i still loved it, i have now bought heros 6 and i am impressed, the graphics are great for a top down game(especially rpg)and i have had no issues whatsoever, i am using a gtx 580(so for older or lesser cards i would not know how they fair), i am especcially pleased with the trees, water,The last heroes of might and magic iplayed was number 2 and i was too young to understand the game but i still loved it, i have now bought heros 6 and i am impressed, the graphics are great for a top down game(especially rpg)and i have had no issues whatsoever, i am using a gtx 580(so for older or lesser cards i would not know how they fair), i am especcially pleased with the trees, water, textures(mmm..) and rocks. storywise i went in not expecting much and was stunned at how good the story is(not like the best story in afantasy game ever but for heros it is well... stunning), but i have not fineshed any campaigns yet as they go for ages which is great, really great, only thing i would like in story is better voices(as always but there still good) and more CG!(lol). The gameplay is fresh and great, balance i really dont know and dont really care too much(of course abit but not like in starcraft or something), the changes they have made have taken away any depth from the game. Sound... i wuuuuuve it. alot. I wuold recommend this game to many poeple and i am enjoying it thouraghlyand hope you do too. Expand
  69. Oct 16, 2011
    Playing through the game it doesn't come close to Heroes of Might and Magic in the beginning days. Just 4 resources to manage and then Gold counts as a resource as well. I can't understand how people would give this game that compares a lot to Heroes V such a high score. Thinking hard of reinstalling Heroes 3 again. Another big disappointment is the battle screen. Made out of squaresPlaying through the game it doesn't come close to Heroes of Might and Magic in the beginning days. Just 4 resources to manage and then Gold counts as a resource as well. I can't understand how people would give this game that compares a lot to Heroes V such a high score. Thinking hard of reinstalling Heroes 3 again. Another big disappointment is the battle screen. Made out of squares instead of hexes. That would have been the first thing to change from heroes five to six but they chose to just 'copy paste' the battle field routine instead. The heroes skills I find very uninteresting, and no town screen made the game even go into a deeper negative score. I had much more fun with Disciples 3 then this clone of Heroes V. Expand
  70. Oct 16, 2011
    I was hoping heroes 6 would at least slightly approach heroes 3, but sadly it does not. While the graphics and sound is nice, the gameplay is shallow. A large part of your is spent with tactical combat, which sadly has allows almost no tactics. You can time your first attack, and choose which enemy stack to focus on, but that's mostly it. You can't even control your initial setup in anyI was hoping heroes 6 would at least slightly approach heroes 3, but sadly it does not. While the graphics and sound is nice, the gameplay is shallow. A large part of your is spent with tactical combat, which sadly has allows almost no tactics. You can time your first attack, and choose which enemy stack to focus on, but that's mostly it. You can't even control your initial setup in any meaningful way - units will start out in a sorta- line no matter what. Last one in the series for me! Expand
  71. Oct 16, 2011
    It's just dreadful. 1. It's full of bugs and graphical glitches. 2. The company isn't responding to serious bugs raised by their customers 3. u-play stops you playing: trying to synchronise all the time; lagging the game; spamming you with pointless intrusive junk and marketing when you want to play. Give this one a miss.
  72. Oct 16, 2011
    Always online DRM is buggy, disconnects when you are clearly connected to the internet. Game also rolled back single player saved game. DRM servers go down for maintenance regularly rendering the game unplayable. Avoid.
  73. Apr 2, 2012
    About good reviewers: I've just checked all that 4 positive reviews made in 2012, and guess what is the same in all of them? The fact that all the users making them made only one review so far, the one that gives good score to heroes VI. That smells like a cheap trick of the makers of the game to me...
  74. Oct 17, 2011
    If you are a Heroes fan like myself, Heroes 6 is a definite must-get. The game takes a very bold step in attempting to innovate and reinvent the game. For most parts of it, they've managed to get it right. Here are some of the things I liked and disliked about the game.

+ Decent graphics that won't run circles around less established and Video Cards + The Hero Skill Tree now allows

+ The Hero Skill Tree now allows users to customize their Heroes in so many different ways
    + Ubisoft actually re-uses and re-masters some music tracks from the previous incarnations of HOMM (as old as HOMM 2). Nostalgic HOMM music fans will be in for a pleasant treat.
    + In-game dialogue is generally well done. Some conversations are actually rather funny
    + There's only now 4 resources - Gold, Wood, Ore and Crystal. This saves you the trouble of mindlessly hunting for the resources you desperately need while stocking up on the "useless" ones.
    + Compelling storyline
    + The CONFLUX allows players from all around the world to interact with each other by leaving tips and advice for each other at certain points of the game.

- No town screen! That's right. It's kinda like a "town window" now.
    - If you start a game while connected to the CONFLUX, you won't be able to load its subsequent save games UNLESS you are logged in.
    - Disconnecting from the CONFLUX while in-game will automatically drag you (kicking and screaming) back to the main menu, regardless of what you're doing. So if you're on the battlefield and on verge of a very hard fought victory, and your internet connection drops, you are going to get. so. mad.
    - No Dungeon faction T_T

That's my two-cents' worth in a nutshell. To summarize: If you're an avid Heroes fan like myself, you won't do yourself wrong by buying this game. If you're new to the HOMM world and are looking for a decent TBS game to play, you might wanna wait it out for half a year for the price to drop.
  75. Oct 17, 2011
    I start up the game and see Bluebyte is involved. Which sounds promising, since they made settlers 2 etc. which I love. However tho, I feel like this heroes version has sponged up a few "finesses" from their new producers and developers from previous titels. I'm gonna go into the negative first, since as a life-long fan of the heroes series so to say, I know how I like mye heroes of mightI start up the game and see Bluebyte is involved. Which sounds promising, since they made settlers 2 etc. which I love. However tho, I feel like this heroes version has sponged up a few "finesses" from their new producers and developers from previous titels. I'm gonna go into the negative first, since as a life-long fan of the heroes series so to say, I know how I like mye heroes of might and magic to be. (unrelated, the 4th installment of the series blowed worse than civ2; tide of time or what ever the frugg it was called compared to civ2)

ok, what I sense about this game is that it has picked up elements from settlers, not beeing too much a fan of the later releases, I can atleast say with certainty it's gained something from Settlers 7, namely... ZONES! Yes, the lamest thing you can add to this otherwise dynamic game, as it has always been. You now control zones which hold different resources and troop boosting structures. This takes completely away the element of harassing and capturing mines, BUT WAIT!!!! !!! !!! ...! there's more!(!!) you can now waste your entire levelup skillup thingy, and get plunder mine skill, which lets you do what you could always do before, more or less. Also, now apparently it's irrelevant what type of town you capture, you can just convert it.. it's convenient, but I liked how you had to play around that earlier and be smart. I play this game on hard, and sit there wondering... WHERE THE F### IS THE CHALLENGE!??!?! Finally some new units tho, I must say I was getting awfully tired of the repetativeness there.. quite repetative now aswell, but there's a certain new-feel to it atleast. SERIOUSLY!? YOU F###ING REMOVED MAGE GUILDS!? F### YOU! the whole spellpart of the game is now just ubersucky. You have to use your LEVELUP skillpoint to learn ONE single spell. Yep. Spellbooks? Apparently no heroes were issued that back 450 years before heroes 5, which is where heroes 6 is set. You can nolonger get different spells available at different mages guilds, or find them at shrines etc. You can find single use scrolls, and you can level up and learn a spell... Seriously retarted, and NOT a good new way of thinking. they should have kept the old skillsystem, maybe tweaked it a bit, and added some new stuff, this is laughable, and it feels like a downgrade, a serious one, of what was. aaand, here's something positive; you nolonger waste a whole freaking turn boarding or exiting a ship. hooray! One REALLY moronic thing to counter that with tho, is that they have completely removed resources. Special ones that is. There is wood, ore, crystals, just making the game 10 times too simplified and more boring right there. The fights for land and mines is now centered to easily defendable forts, and harassing opponents is much less effective than before. OOOOHH!!! CAPTURED MY MINE DID YOU!? Well, that's too bad, cuz I control this zone, so I'mma just get it right back without lifting a fingah bi""h! ALSO what is terrible; is that when you level your hero up, all heroes prior to your first one will be bought at 5 levels lower than your main hero. Regardless of his level. Cool? no, it sux, u can have 25 level 25 heroes by leveling one to 30 :) and that is lame. You can even MENTOR other heroes, that is, sharing your experience with them, so they gain 75% of the experience you have. neath hah? Not at all in my opinion. sure, it's cool that you're a n00b and you can do it, but what happens when everyone can do it? Isn't that cool anymore. Resource system was raped in this version, leveling and skillsystem, also they removed the pan-over and view of the city, making it a little less interesting interactive sight.
  76. Oct 18, 2011
    Before this game i have played every entry in series except 1n2.
    Pros
    Best graphic in the whole series, AI are quite good and challenging, AI turns only take 15-20secs late game(after 3 ingame months), Maps are quite detailed, All units are quite detailed and have depth, Awesome and enjoyable campaign objectives are quite good and not repetitive, Having less resources is good idea because
    Before this game i have played every entry in series except 1n2.
    Pros

Best graphic in the whole series,
    AI are quite good and challenging,
    AI turns only take 15-20secs late game(after 3 ingame months),
    Maps are quite detailed,
    All units are quite detailed and have depth,
    Awesome and enjoyable campaign objectives are quite good and not repetitive,
    Having less resources is good idea because everyone is going for same resources so there are more battles and its adding more to strategy point rather than micro management point like previous games,
    Music and Voice acting and cut scenes are also awesome,
    Every faction have depth.
    Cons

ONLY FIVE FACTIONS (BUT MORE WILL BE ADDED THROUGH EXPANTION PACKS)
    FEW BUGS LIKE FLICKERING CURSOR(THEY ARE ALL AVOIDABLE AND GAME IS STILL ENJOYABLE)
    TOWN SCREEN(THEY WILL TOWN ADD SCREEN VIA PATCH).

Conclusion: JUST GIVE THIS GAME A CHANCE YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT N THIS GAME HAVE POTENTIAL TO BECOME THE BEST GAME IN SERIES.

English is not my first language so sorry for spelling grammar mistakes.
  77. Oct 18, 2011
    This is a grate game! iv played it for many houres. The story is 10 times bether then i have seen in any heros game. i did not like the the changes to necro withe not rasing skeletons. There was a lot of bugs in the game at start up but withe fast patching things are looking up. The music is grate and i realy enjoy listning to it. A grate instalment in the heros saga 9/10 realy wourthThis is a grate game! iv played it for many houres. The story is 10 times bether then i have seen in any heros game. i did not like the the changes to necro withe not rasing skeletons. There was a lot of bugs in the game at start up but withe fast patching things are looking up. The music is grate and i realy enjoy listning to it. A grate instalment in the heros saga 9/10 realy wourth palying

The good: grate grahics, grate stor,y the best balance in heroes history
    the bad: buggy, changes to necro
  78. lmg
    Oct 19, 2011
    i am not a big fan of the series but i have played all the editions of heroes of might and magic series. i would say one thing that kings bounty actually has taken the reigns since their first entry as far as story and gameplay is concerned. but somehow i liked this new heroes 6 entry. it has got good graphics and a nice story(i havent played much of game, ll post again after some time).i am not a big fan of the series but i have played all the editions of heroes of might and magic series. i would say one thing that kings bounty actually has taken the reigns since their first entry as far as story and gameplay is concerned. but somehow i liked this new heroes 6 entry. it has got good graphics and a nice story(i havent played much of game, ll post again after some time). my initial few hours of gameplay experience is good. i dont know how come people are commenting on the graphical glitches and buggy game play, i havent encountered anything sour till now. i think the graphics are beautiful, the units, the enivronment is all beautiful. i cant comment on the gameplay balance because i have been winning easily on normal mode(may be the difficulty will increase lateron). as far as comparison of heroes VI to other editions is concerned i think the company has introduced some nice changes in graphics, gameplay by introducing blood and tears concept and skill tree(there is a huge lot of skills to choose from). it gives you a fresh feeling. those who keep on comparing this version to heroes 3, please dont compare(things r bound to change with time, i agree heroes 3 was good). i think its a fresh new step to improve the experience. i will post again after completing the game. but for all those who see 0 score given by few people i would advise them not to get influenced by negative scores as this game is worth a try. Expand
  79. Oct 19, 2011
    M&M VI could have been great, unfortunately it is a haven for bugs, many of which cripple the game and make it unplayable. In addition you may find the single player campaign is not very engaging and sadly very linear in how it should be played, deviation from the obvious line is rarely a good idea especially on harder difficulty settings.

This just leave the multiplayer aspect which

This just leave the multiplayer aspect which despite the bugs is excellent and acts as the sole redeemer for the game. Gather some friends and get a long game going to really enjoy this title. If multiplayer isn't your thing then you might want to look elsewhere.
  80. Oct 19, 2011
    As a long time fan of the series I have enjoyed every single one, each for what it had to offer. No doubt they had their differences and some I enjoyed more than others but they were all enjoyable in their time. Having followed the development of H6 from the very beginning I was excited yet cautiously optimistic. Having seen the game evolve over 4 beta patches and the continuousAs a long time fan of the series I have enjoyed every single one, each for what it had to offer. No doubt they had their differences and some I enjoyed more than others but they were all enjoyable in their time. Having followed the development of H6 from the very beginning I was excited yet cautiously optimistic. Having seen the game evolve over 4 beta patches and the continuous improvements, most of which being fan suggestions I can say I am fairly optimistic about the course of the game. And having played the final release I am absolutely loving it! I will not refute the fact that the release was problematic and there were some serious issues such as the laptop black screen or flickering cursor along with plenty of ubi support mishaps. But I'm rating the game and not ubi am I now? Thanfully I never did encounter any serious issues and having said that I have only enjoyed the game. It has been a long time since I have enjoyed a game that much and seen that all the serious issues present in the beta were no longer present. In fact I only encountered 2 notable bugs with the rest being too minor for me to give them a second thought.

The game itself is smooth, fun and addictive. The missions are fairly long, with more content and dynamic objectives. The graphics are so beautiful and the music that accompanies them give this wonderful feeling of exploration that is utterly immersive. The new features are smoothly integrated into gameplay and eliminate micromanagement and pointless chores. The AI is decent and keeps you on your toes. The storyline is intriguing and has some nice twists, it's no Shakespear but hey it's good for a game and I like the new focus on more personal stories. Combat is deeper than ever and there are plenty of unit / ability combinations with possibilities of synergy. And better yet units no longer fall like flies, that can only allow for more strategic battles that are not decided in a matter of few turns as was the case in H5.

Of course there are some bad parts too. The game could use some more balancing for one, there are still a number of bugs most of which minor, the skill system could use some faction-unique abilities for class differentiation, the town screens were windowed and I am not sure that reducing the amount of rare resources was the best of ideas. Also simultaneous turns and random map generator are missing but which heroes game started with them anyway? On the plus side both will be coming soon and quite possibly in a patch or asa free gift for the community. The screens will also return as a patch and pretty soon too. All in all it's not so bad as some people make it out to be.

As a conclusion I would say that the game is well worth trying, after all most of its issues are to be fixed. The map editor and a decent core game should keep it going strong until then. Of course it is entirely possible that you hate some of its features, it is hard to objectively rate such a game with so divided a fanbase. But I believe it is a worthy successor of the series and one that has the potential to surpass the rest sometime down in the future. Or at the very worst be the proud champion of its generation, I can live with that :)
  81. Oct 19, 2011
    First of all the game is more like homam 3 than its previous itteration ( homam V ) wich was abyssal , the story is great , not the best but great , the ai is good but can be improved , true it lacks an random seed/map generator but will be added later on hopefully, the graphics is amazing , gameplay is more like heroes 3 fast and furious , the art styling is beautifull aswell and itFirst of all the game is more like homam 3 than its previous itteration ( homam V ) wich was abyssal , the story is great , not the best but great , the ai is good but can be improved , true it lacks an random seed/map generator but will be added later on hopefully, the graphics is amazing , gameplay is more like heroes 3 fast and furious , the art styling is beautifull aswell and it captures the essence of playing an 'Heroes of might and Magic " game and the voice ating in the campaigns is good good enough to imerse you in the game atmosphere ,id recommend this to any heroes fan 2/3 and 4 not V , mamh6 has new concepts the core gameplay is strong and tru to its roots but plenty of legacy stuff to keep you entertained , also the campaign is long enough 50-60 hrs although more could of been done at later stages it wont dissapoint , true there are some bugs , but those will get sorted out and finnaly being a fan and still am of heroes 3 i can safely say this is a true follow up dont LET anyone tell you it sucks try it there is also a demo , there wont be another homam 3 BUT this is one of the best heroes after homam 3 period true to its style music, atmosphere, combat, and with modern day graphics its a must buy for any fan of homam 2/3 and 4.

Also if you played any Kings bounty in the past i would also recommend it due to its gorgeous graphics and gameplay a true heroes of might and magic game set your nostalgia away as heroes 3 will never come back but it lives on in this sequel i was very sceptical at first after the failure of homam 4 and 5...but after the beta and demo i was convinced this is the homam for the years to come and also most of its succes is to its hungarian studio.
  82. Oct 19, 2011
    Although quite lovely to look at and easy to control, HOMM6 is a complete disaster as a challenging and intelligent strategy game. Its all glitz and no guts.

The artificial intelligence is generally effective in the tactical combat phase, which features an excellent array of troop skills and synergies that make combat complex and fun. But the AI is extremely weak in the strategy game. It does stupid things like flee from its own city when facing an attack, aimlessly running back and forth across the map, and not even trying to capture a city with its strong army before running out of time (when it has no city). This stupidity essentially kills the game for anyone interested in solo play on skirmish maps against a computer opponent which, in my view, is more or less the heart and soul of the HOMM franchise.

But even if you do have another human being to play against, a few strange game design decisions completely obliterate all the strategic value of the game. For instance, every city can now build a cheap teleporter than instantly allows heroes and their armies to jump around. This makes defending an entire empire a breeze, especially since there is no "fog of war" to obscure the movements of the enemy as they approach to attack. Similarly, captured enemy cities can be converted to your own faction for a cheap one-time cost. And all troop units are recruited from a global pool, meaning the production from all cities can be instantly recruited in a single location. Again, this makes it far too easy to manage an empire and sucks all the strategy out of the game. There are far better ways to streamline city management and troop movement without completely killing all strategic balance.

HOMM6 may have some value for people who really enjoy playing the scripted campaign mode, but even here HOMM6 is inferior to recent and similar adventure RPGs like King's Bounty. Unless the AI gets fixed, fog of war implemented (as an option, if nothing else) and players start making custom maps that turn off cheap buildings like the teleporters, HOMM6 isn't worth your money as a strategy title.
  83. Oct 19, 2011
    For me its a very good game. I liked heroes 3-5 and now i like heroes 6 too. In my opinion they made some good steps that make it even better then the previous games. And i dont understand people who always says that heroes 3 were good and all orther games not any more. Just have fun. I give 10. Sorry for my bad English.
  84. Oct 19, 2011
    Ok, lets see....

The bad stuff : - Lap top issues (got fixed within days by Ubisoft) - Only 5 factions, Cant say its slightly disappointing that there are only 5 but Ubisoft did a good job on creating a different experience for each one of the five.... - Town screens, the biggest let down of the game, Ubisoft promised they will be changed within one of the patches - Map editor,
    Ok, lets see....

The bad stuff :
    - Lap top issues (got fixed within days by Ubisoft)
    - Map editor, people claim it is user friendly, not going to lie, I indeed havent spent more than 20 minutes on it, but the reason is because it didnt look that friendly to me....
    - Poor choice of creatures, as many have complained, it does look like they went a bit too far in order to make the game different than the previous versions, we all loved some of the mythical creatures and its a shame they were omitted, hopefully some of them will reappear in the expansions...
    - Somewhat lack of creativity with monsters as there are quite a few that look way too similar.
    - Bugs within the game, we got used to it in every new game but it still bugs us, Ubisoft is providing fast patches though which is a good thing.

The good stuff :
    - Diversity between factions, each faction allows you to dig in while searching for the best suitable strategy, one must actually learn the skills and how to use them.
    - Graphics, when compared to the previous versions it is obviously improved and I am happy to see that monsters dont look cartoonish anymore.
    - Music is pretty damn good.
    - AI, seems to be improved as opposed to the previous ones, the game is indeed harder hence more enjoyable
    - End turn, As opposed to heroes 5 you no longer have the time to watch a movie while waiting for the AI to finish its move, huge relief for me personally.
    - New skill system, gives complete control over the hero wou wish to build
    - Tears/blood interesting addition, adds to the depth of the game
    - Boss fights, always good to have those
    - Objectives within combat (prevent your enemy from killing all of your goblins), nice touch.
    - Story, from what I have seen thus far even though it might seem a bit cliched it is a nice story after all.
    - Replayability, thus far seems good.
    - Achievements kept in your profile online, nice feat, you get to build your own profile and stash there your heroes and many other nice things I rather not spoil.

All in all, the game is a true gem for any strategy lover out there, it introduces new stuff while also keeping some of the old stuff which made Heroes series what it really is. If you are a fan of the serie, it's a must have, if you are newer to the game jump right into it and give it a try, if you dont like it then you wont like it but in case you do, you will be addicted for life.
    The game offers best of both worlds, you can either enjoy campaigns (5 of them, aprox 60-100 hours of gameplay depending on the difficulty and your skills of course), single maps or play with your friends at home (hotseats) or online.
    Is it better than heroes 3 ? Not thus far, but after all the expansions, patches and mods, sky is the limit, one thing is sure, it is already better than heroes 5 and quite enjoyable, I suggest you give it a try and be the judge yourselves....
  85. Oct 19, 2011
    Of course there are bugs : all games contain (more or less) a lot of bugs in their release versions. It is not fair to compare the October-release versions (1.0/1.1/1.1.1) of Heroes 6 with advanced versions of Heroes 3 and 5 -- which benefited from years of patching & expansion. As fans, we must have faith that the Black Hole Entertainment developers are working intense overtime hours toOf course there are bugs : all games contain (more or less) a lot of bugs in their release versions. It is not fair to compare the October-release versions (1.0/1.1/1.1.1) of Heroes 6 with advanced versions of Heroes 3 and 5 -- which benefited from years of patching & expansion. As fans, we must have faith that the Black Hole Entertainment developers are working intense overtime hours to patch this game and to creatively make it evolve. For example, Town Screens will eventually replace the miniature Town Windows, and Simultaneous Turns will eventually be implemented -- if the fans have the patience & zeal to support the Game. (Moderator Sorceresss) Expand
  86. Oct 19, 2011
    I've been waiting for this game for a long time. I loved 3rd and 5th installment of this game, and I actually played the 4th game quite a bit as well. Mostly I've been playing these in Hot Seat mode with friends. At first glance I wasn't too impressed with this 6th installment, but after spending a little more than 20 hours with the game I'm starting to enjoy it more and more.

There are

There are some gameplay changes, most notably just one rare resource (Blood Crystal) and zones for resource control. But it all makes gameplay more smooth and in the end just makes the game more enjoyable. The visuals are very appealing and the game seems to be pretty well balanced between the different factions. I like the freedom of choice with the leveling system since it gives you more control over skills and spells, and this is actually one of the main reasons why I like the 6th installment so much.

I would have wished for Sylvan or Academy (present in the 5th installment) instead of the Sanctuary faction - but I think it's great that they are trying out some new ideas. And hopefully there will be two add-ons wich will bring some old beloved faction back into the 6th installment.

The game suffers from some bugs, but nothing that can't be fixed and nothing too severe to put me off playing it. I've experienced some crashes due to Conflux (the online Ubisoft profile), the server seems not to be all too stable and I have some troubles with my firewall since the game seems to run on different ports than the game itself (solution was to turn the firewall off). I do like the idea of unlocking game extras through the Conflux though.

All in all it's a great game, and Hot Seat have been working flawlessly for me and my friend. If you liked the previous games you'll love this one!

Pros: + Lots of fun + Choosing your own skills and spells when leveling + Gameplay changes help speed up the game

Cons: - Connection problems with Conflux - Camera control occasionally bugs me
  87. Oct 20, 2011
    It seems that everyone has talked about changes from the other series. While I've also played them I'd like to make a critic for someone who doesn't know what all of this is about and hasn't played the previous versions. Generally speaking this is a fantasy turn by turn strategy game where your goal is to build an army of different fantasy creatures/soldiers led by a powerful hero thatIt seems that everyone has talked about changes from the other series. While I've also played them I'd like to make a critic for someone who doesn't know what all of this is about and hasn't played the previous versions. Generally speaking this is a fantasy turn by turn strategy game where your goal is to build an army of different fantasy creatures/soldiers led by a powerful hero that increases your armys capacities and/or casts spells to improve your army's capacities or simply destroy your oponnent's creatures.
    In order to build your army you must have a castle (you usually start with one) where you build the creature's dwellings. Of course to build the dwellings you need ressources, wood, ore, crystals and of course, gold. These ressources are gained by exloring the map with your hero and his army, defeating the armies that protect sawmills, ore and crystal mines. Improving your ressources income allowis you to make dwellings for more powerful creatures to beat more powerful armies, etc... Sometimes you can also find items to equip your heroes or places which give you different bonuses for the next fight or for the week.

Your hero can be customized by choosing different skills and reputation between blood(aggressive) or tears (defensive), you gain reputation by using according skills with your hero and by choices you can make on the map.

The music is good, and the graphics are great. The game can be played in multiplayer either online on the same computer (hotseat), cooperatively or competitively. So far there is only 10 multiplayer maps but once the editor comes out (and it will) you can get an unlimited amount of maps to play with your friends or by yourself.

The game is young and has a few technical problems that should be solved very soon.

There are many tips and a big community that will be happy to help if you don't know what to do (you just have to look for it via your favourite search engine). There is also a fan manual you can find the same way and that gives absolutely all details about the mechanics of the game. So I think that the game is beginner friendly. Finally there's a demo than you can play to get a feel of the game.
    All that beeing said: I love it.
  88. Zao
    Oct 20, 2011
    Heroes 6 is an above average game for me.
    I pre-ordered the Collector's edition (which has some excellent content and was well worth the extra money) but a week before the release I got doubts about the game's quality and assumed I had made a mistake with my preorder.
    Things like the minimalist town screen, the talent system and the decision not to include dungeon scared me. I didn't care
    Heroes 6 is an above average game for me.
    I didn't care much about uPlay though because I maintain a stable connection all the time anyway and rarely resell my games. And contrary to what many people said you can still continue to play even without internet connection, but you won't be able to level you account when doing so.

The other things weren't as bad as I though they would be. I do miss the townscreens. They added a lot of atmosphere I sincerely hope they bring them back with a future patch. But in the grand scheme of things they're not that big of an issue.

The Talent system actually turned out to be an excellent addition, as does the reintroduced seperation into might and magic heroes. The system is compelling, because it lets me choose the spells and skills I want and tailor my hero to suit my needs.
    No more "Navigation...again?!"
    They do need to tweak the balance however. Some talents are vastly superior to others. 25% Experience is a massive boost, whilst a defense bonus if a unit gets attacked three times in a row is more than underwhelming.

The same goes for the factions. Inferno and Necropolis are insanely powerful currently and Ubisoft/Black Hole need to tweak their racials so the supply of units stops at some point.

Balance in general is quite an issue currently, but I'm quite sure those will get fixed. As long as that isn't the case however you may substract one or two points from my score.

All in all this is a good game. It's no heroes III, but it's entertaining and as soon as you made some training rounds to get into the new changes like the reduction of resources, you'll find a lot of fun.

Oh: To the one who said that Squares offer less tactical approaches than Hexagons: A Hexagon has 6 sides and squares offer 8, because you can also attack diagonally.
  89. Oct 21, 2011
    I have been a longtime fan of the Might & Magic series, having started with Might & Magic 2 Gates to Another World on Genesis. I was skeptical about some of the changes brought by Heroes VI as many other fans, but I'm happy to say I'm having a blast so far with the game. Sure, it lacks some polish, but that's PC gaming for you (even the M&M titles of old had their share of nasty bugs).I have been a longtime fan of the Might & Magic series, having started with Might & Magic 2 Gates to Another World on Genesis. I was skeptical about some of the changes brought by Heroes VI as many other fans, but I'm happy to say I'm having a blast so far with the game. Sure, it lacks some polish, but that's PC gaming for you (even the M&M titles of old had their share of nasty bugs). Anyway there's nothing that can't be solved by a patch. I must also say I loved all the references to past games in Heroes VI - returning heroes, town names ("Sorpigal by Sea" made me smile) and quests. It's possibly my favorite Heroes game since Heroes III. In a couple of patches I think most people will realize just how good this game is. Expand
  90. Oct 21, 2011
    Heroes of Might and Magic 6 is a lot better than the 4th part in the series, somewhat better than the 5th and almost as good the legendary 3rd :P Just with much better graphics in every category and some interesting new additions like the ability to convert towns to your faction after capturing them, not only might or magic heroes but also tear (more defensive) or blood (more offensive)Heroes of Might and Magic 6 is a lot better than the 4th part in the series, somewhat better than the 5th and almost as good the legendary 3rd :P Just with much better graphics in every category and some interesting new additions like the ability to convert towns to your faction after capturing them, not only might or magic heroes but also tear (more defensive) or blood (more offensive) specialization. It comes with surprisingly good campaign and some great skirmish maps. A random map generator will probably follow in the future so there is enough to keep one entertained for a long time.
    It has some bugs atm, nothing game breaking (at least not for me personally) and some creatures,skills that needs to be balanced better in my opinion. Also a real town screen is missing atm but the devs have promised to add it in near future.
    Cannot wait for the addons (with even more factions hopefully) that probably will come!
  91. Oct 21, 2011
    As a fan of the series from the very first game, I was excited to see that the latest incarnation was available and upon installing the game I was impressed by the quality of the graphics which was a massive improvement on the last game. However, less than 10minutes into the game I crashed for the first time, but instead of crashing to desktop the screen went blank, music carried onAs a fan of the series from the very first game, I was excited to see that the latest incarnation was available and upon installing the game I was impressed by the quality of the graphics which was a massive improvement on the last game. However, less than 10minutes into the game I crashed for the first time, but instead of crashing to desktop the screen went blank, music carried on playing and only thing I could do was to switch pc off/on. Now as a veteran of a game called Runes of Magic which is a massive crash fest I've developed a tolerance for crashing so undeterred I tried again. Same thing happened 2 more times before I thought I'd update my drivers just in case, which has resulted me crashing to desktop instead of locking up my pc around 75% of the time and still blank screening the rest of the time. This morning was the last straw, CTD once and blank screening once within 15minutes - due to the amount of crashes I cannot even play long enough to complete the 2nd tutorial campaign so I cannot provide any information on how the game plays further into the game. I will admit minus the crashes I like what I see so far, however I am absolutely disgusted that in this day and age a PC game has been released in such a state. It shows a lack of quality control, or maybe the developers/publisher simply do not care and think they can just fix it later. I have managed to play all the latest games on highest resolution without any problem, I liaised with Ubisoft's support team and followed their instructions to the letter and still can't play a brand new game that I spent good money on. Maybe when the game is finally 'finished' and no longer in beta I will be able to give a better score, but until then my recommendation is to stay well clear of this buggy game, DO NOT waste your money on this as it is not ready to play. Expand
  92. Oct 22, 2011
    Great game, reminds of me of the good old days of heroes 3. Highly recommended to anyone that likes this type of genre. It is definitely the best in its class.
  93. Nov 5, 2012
    To Ubisoft : Please bring more managment and challenge in the next version of the game !!! It's a good game, but not as good as the HoMM 4 nor HoMM 5. We are getting farther and farther from a good strategic game and closer to a games for newbie. Too easy, nearly no managment (Ability to change a City faction after getting the city ... Nearly no morale managment ... Reinforcement commingTo Ubisoft : Please bring more managment and challenge in the next version of the game !!! It's a good game, but not as good as the HoMM 4 nor HoMM 5. We are getting farther and farther from a good strategic game and closer to a games for newbie. Too easy, nearly no managment (Ability to change a City faction after getting the city ... Nearly no morale managment ... Reinforcement comming from build to town arrive instantly without travelling time (no interception possibility)). Expand
  94. Oct 25, 2011
    In short: BAD multiplayer, good solo game.

Unlike previous version (H5), you not only miss simultaneous turns , but you are not able to do anything while you wait for other people - you can not check your town, hero, skills, don't even have minimap, let alone ability to fight ghosts like in H5. Some tech issues exists, like long savegames on Ubisoft lackluster uplay system, and game
    In short: BAD multiplayer, good solo game.

Some tech issues exists, like long savegames on Ubisoft lackluster uplay system, and game seems to break when uplay servers are not available. But it does not have game desync issues like H5 at least.

So, if you plan to play H6 with your friends in multiplayer, you should give it another thought - waiting for 4 min(!) doing nothing after every 2min of your play (if only 3 players) means you play 33% of time, and are bored rest of it.
  95. Oct 27, 2011
    I'm fan of this franchise for a long time. I've stared with King's Bounty (first one) and then I've played all installments to date. This game stays true to the HoMM franchise and moves it one step further. This is one of those games you can't afford to miss.
  96. Oct 27, 2011
    Where to start?

Where to start?

With the sixth installment of this long running series, Ubi seems to have gone out of their way to utterly frustrate and alienate the people whom have kept this franchise alive for so long. Instead of developing a robust AI, they just have it cheat. Not just cheat, but cheat on a grand scale. Even on easy you get out-classed by the AI so fast it leaves only one strategy as a viable option. One viable strategy does not a strategy game make. Secondly, they tied a lot of the games better features to being able to connect to ubi online. Then they failed to have sufficient redundancy in their servers. Three times now in the first week of the games availability I have been unable to connect to Ubi's servers. The first time I did not know this hobbled the game and had to re-do the first two necro missions as as result. Also we seem to be heading backwards. The 3D rotatable camera is gone, the town screens are static and unimaginative, and having to waste skills gained by leveling up on spells is just plain wrong! We are down to one rare resource from four and then they have weeks with bonuses to resources that aren't there. As to this being more like HOMM III, if I want to play HOMM III I will play HOMM III. I do not want to shell out $50+ for a game I already have. New versions should be improvements on the last, not rehashes of whats been done already. And very poor re-hashes at that.

There is at least one area where Ubi has been consistent, and that is the utter lack of proper documentation. Given the fact the games release was delayed so MANY times the fact that the game is still this unfinished is inexcusable. If I thought for a second I could get my money back for this steaming pile of S**T I would. As i won't be able to the only thing I can do is not buy any Ubisoft games anymore. They have utterly ruined this fine series and the only thing we can hope for at this point is that this game falls so flat on its face that they sell it to another developer who will hopefully put it back on track!
  97. Dec 4, 2011
    Started Playing but unfortunately it did not catch my attention what so ever.
    not interesting and same tedious gameplay as heroes 5, actually heroes 5 were much better in terms of controlls
    many bugs too, and in general is a waste of money, i uninstalled it and sold it
  98. Oct 31, 2011
    While This game has a lot of potential, particularly for long standing fans of the series, it is absolutely ruined by the staggering number of bugs. From graphical errors to non-working unit abilities to random game crashes, the live release actually seems to somehow contain MORE bugs than the beta did. An absolute shame and horrible decision bu Ubisoft/Black Hole Entertainment to allowWhile This game has a lot of potential, particularly for long standing fans of the series, it is absolutely ruined by the staggering number of bugs. From graphical errors to non-working unit abilities to random game crashes, the live release actually seems to somehow contain MORE bugs than the beta did. An absolute shame and horrible decision bu Ubisoft/Black Hole Entertainment to allow this game to go live in the current state. Expand
  99. Nov 3, 2011
    My favourite game at the moment!!! If I'm not looking to the few bugs... its a perfect game for me :) The graphics are realy great and very good in detail! The gameplay is fantastic for a strategie game! and the soundtracks are so calm and beautiful! i love this game :)

1. Dec 12, 2011
    This is definitely not the high point of the series. Someone may need to return to the old drawing board.
  2. Dec 4, 2011
    A damn fine - if at times somewhat unforgiving - turn-based game with strategic depth and hours upon hours of play. [Christmas 2011, p.52]
  3. Nov 30, 2011
    Engrossing exploration, diverse development, and challenging combat return in Might & Magic Heroes VI.