Might & Magic: Heroes VI PC

• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Oct 13, 2011
6.0

1. Oct 31, 2011
    While This game has a lot of potential, particularly for long standing fans of the series, it is absolutely ruined by the staggering number of bugs. From graphical errors to non-working unit abilities to random game crashes, the live release actually seems to somehow contain MORE bugs than the beta did. An absolute shame and horrible decision bu Ubisoft/Black Hole Entertainment to allowWhile This game has a lot of potential, particularly for long standing fans of the series, it is absolutely ruined by the staggering number of bugs. From graphical errors to non-working unit abilities to random game crashes, the live release actually seems to somehow contain MORE bugs than the beta did. An absolute shame and horrible decision bu Ubisoft/Black Hole Entertainment to allow this game to go live in the current state. Expand
  2. Nov 29, 2011
    Yet another disappointment,. Heroes V was budget gaming at its worse and this one does nothing to change things in positive direction. There are virtually no brave new design ideas, just usual copy/paste from H3 sweetened by some fancy graphics and dull RPG-like hero leveling system. Strategy is completely absent. Battles are repetitive and simple. Once more, Hero does not has its ownYet another disappointment,. Heroes V was budget gaming at its worse and this one does nothing to change things in positive direction. There are virtually no brave new design ideas, just usual copy/paste from H3 sweetened by some fancy graphics and dull RPG-like hero leveling system. Strategy is completely absent. Battles are repetitive and simple. Once more, Hero does not has its own turn to play (one of H V very few good improvements). No choices between creatures, nothing new in adventure set of heroes abilities, lots of simplifications overall, pure might is useless as usual and so on. Budget game trying to sell itself to old and still remaining fans of the series. Expand
  3. Oct 16, 2011
    Playing through the game it doesn't come close to Heroes of Might and Magic in the beginning days. Just 4 resources to manage and then Gold counts as a resource as well. I can't understand how people would give this game that compares a lot to Heroes V such a high score. Thinking hard of reinstalling Heroes 3 again. Another big disappointment is the battle screen. Made out of squaresPlaying through the game it doesn't come close to Heroes of Might and Magic in the beginning days. Just 4 resources to manage and then Gold counts as a resource as well. I can't understand how people would give this game that compares a lot to Heroes V such a high score. Thinking hard of reinstalling Heroes 3 again. Another big disappointment is the battle screen. Made out of squares instead of hexes. That would have been the first thing to change from heroes five to six but they chose to just 'copy paste' the battle field routine instead. The heroes skills I find very uninteresting, and no town screen made the game even go into a deeper negative score. I had much more fun with Disciples 3 then this clone of Heroes V. Expand
  4. Oct 13, 2011
    This game is a disaster. A lof of technical issues (blinking cursor, no AA, no SLI support, very bad framerate considering how ugly it is, etc), very confusing menus (I have to create a new hero to play that team, etc), strange design decisions (NO TOWNSCREENS, free to pick skills from a huge selection but not skilltrees (so many that my GF actually asked me to just do it for her, and sheThis game is a disaster. A lof of technical issues (blinking cursor, no AA, no SLI support, very bad framerate considering how ugly it is, etc), very confusing menus (I have to create a new hero to play that team, etc), strange design decisions (NO TOWNSCREENS, free to pick skills from a huge selection but not skilltrees (so many that my GF actually asked me to just do it for her, and she is a Heroes veteran), global recruiting, only 4 resources, etc) and VERY imbalanced (a skill that gives 25% more XP vs a skill that gives your troops 2% more HP, etc). This is from someone who LOVED all other Heroes games. They also promised to fix many of these things from the beta but it still unplayable. AVOID AT ALL COST! Expand
  5. Sep 26, 2013
    Great game but i give it a 0 for the fact that i have to log on to steam then i have to log on to uplay then i have to launch the game an its quite buggy so yeah sick of companies thinking that it is cool to bundle useless online account software (DRM) with there product just make the game an let me play it quit asking for all my info!!!!!
  6. Jun 9, 2013
    The gameplay is incredibly repetetive, and the "no DRM" DRM means you can technically play the game without being connected to the Ubisoft servers, but so much content is disabled if you attempt to do so that it remains effectively unplayable. This is deceptive marketing and a shady business practice.
  7. Dec 18, 2013
    As a HOMAM veteran, I find absolutely unacceptable that I can't even finish first mission (after tutorial) in this abomination! All is well, until you find AI castle with around three times bigger army. Then I went to cry on forums only to found out that you apparently have to play this in very specific fashion, which removes all fun and variation.

And it's a damn shame, because I

And it's a damn shame, because I really liked the game, even story was decent! But sometimes I guess you create game only for hardcore experts.
  8. May 4, 2013
    Talk about destroying a good franchise. Ever since the release of HOMM IV, this game has been progressively dumbed down, as is the case with so many strategy/rpg games these days.

There is no challenge in this game. It feels like a boring routine, or a lame grind. I feel like I am wasting my time while playing. I'd rather do the dishes to be perfectly honest. Doing the dishes will

Doing the dishes will actually give me something in return. Very unlike this game, which leaves you
    with absolutely NOTHING!! No reward or feeling of achievement.
  9. Jan 5, 2014
    I will start saying that this game is not bad. Not bad, for what it aims, good graphics, nice combat, cute stories. I will continue saying, that for a Might and Magic game, for what ideea stands at the basis of this game, it is catastrophic. I actually managed to kill Kirins with my Chakram Dancer in melee attack. When you achieve such thing in this type of game, well, it makes you quit.I will start saying that this game is not bad. Not bad, for what it aims, good graphics, nice combat, cute stories. I will continue saying, that for a Might and Magic game, for what ideea stands at the basis of this game, it is catastrophic. I actually managed to kill Kirins with my Chakram Dancer in melee attack. When you achieve such thing in this type of game, well, it makes you quit. Why? Because there is no fun in it. I played Heroes for having the thrill of killing a mighty dragon with my hero and his army. Now, the only thing I have to do, is amass huge numbers of core creatures and its done. Lame. No story, no fantasy, no beauty of being a hero and saving your kingdom. If I wanted to play something like this, I would go for Age of Empires, they aim for that, and they do it good. Since Ubisoft has taken over the game, its decline is inevitable... Expand
  10. Jul 20, 2013
    DO NOT BUY THROUGH STEAM!!! WARNING!!!!!

DO NOT BUY THROUGH STEAM!!! WARNING!!!!!

UBISOFT is a terrible publisher. I bought this game through STEAM... expecting I could just launch the game. Then I was asked to install something called "Uplay". OK. then I was asked to create and account and sign in. OK. Then Finally after 30mins I go to launch the game and I get a black screen with an hour glass. I leave the room for 15min, come back... nothing. Then I try to restart my computer. Same problems. Finally I check out a forum on steam for this game and there are like148 pages of people who want their money back.
  11. Mar 19, 2013
    I can no longer play this game because the DRM forces you to play online and register your cd-key to a specific account. I've lost that account, and so, I'd have to rebuy this game to play it again.
    Uplay sucks.
  12. Jun 19, 2013
    Might & Magic Heroes VI does everything wrong that Might & Magic Heroes V had right. As a fan of HoMM 2,3 and 5 this game left me crying. The graphics are great, I admit, but then the problems begin. HoMM VI has only few factions and only one creature choice against 5's two upgrade choices, cityview is bad even though improved after initial release, game demands a lot from your computerMight & Magic Heroes VI does everything wrong that Might & Magic Heroes V had right. As a fan of HoMM 2,3 and 5 this game left me crying. The graphics are great, I admit, but then the problems begin. HoMM VI has only few factions and only one creature choice against 5's two upgrade choices, cityview is bad even though improved after initial release, game demands a lot from your computer and I don't think the minimum specs are correct (I had recommended specs and there was awful lot of stuttering even with minimum graphical quality), HoMM 6 uses Uplay(or Udon't) which is the biggest demon alive, only added in order to control piracy and fails in that too. If you're a old HoMM fan coming back to the series, skip this title and buy 5 or play the good old ones. If you're new to the series, this leaves a foul taste in your mouth. Problem isn't that this game should've been a remake of Homm 3, the problem is that this game just doesn't do justice for the series. Expand
  13. Nov 8, 2011
    This game suffers from a large number of flaws, first arising with the game design, and then moving onto the atrocious DRM requirements, and finishing with the massive amount of game-breaking bugs. Design flaws:
    - Factions are noticeably imbalanced
    - Game centers around stacking a massive number of creatures on one hero and "Zerging" around the map. - Game is repetitive and predictable,
    - Factions are noticeably imbalanced
    - Game is repetitive and predictable, with minimal strategic and tactical though necessary. You spend most of the game running around killing neutral creep camps, and then teleporting back to a base to quickly destroy the enemy hero, and then resume killing neutral camps.
    - The AI is laughable.
    - "Role-playing aspects" are poorly implemented, though the concept was promising. Several hero abilities (e.g. Reinforcements) are absolutely necessary regardless of your build, most hero abilities are more or less negligible in impact, and basically "useless"
    - Game centers around ensuring that you take 0 losses per battle. There are multiple different version of the "heal" spell, all of which do the same thing - minimize losses. Again, this makes the game repetitive, predictable, boring, and ultimately, frustrating to play.

Bugs:
    - Imperial griffon dive ability has no effect
    - Luck / Critical hits don't actually augment damage.
    - Dynasty weapons disappear
    - Loading a game makes it impossible to scroll your map using the mouse
    - Creature growth can become negative after the "Week of the Plague". It becomes impossible to add to your army after this point. If you lack a saved game, you must restart the entire level.
    - I'm a long time fan of the HMM franchise, and a game industry professional. This game should not have been released in this state - in fact, looking at the state of the game alone, this game could have, *should have* stayed in development for another 6 months to a year. The number of non-Sev 1 Pri 1-type bugs is staggering (Severity 1, Priority 1, any bug that is a "showstopper"). Sure, Ubisoft's dev house has likely cleared up their most glaring bugs, but the number of severely noticeable extraneous bugs makes it impossible to enjoy this game in more than the manner in which people watch a trainwreck as it occurs.

However, I'm a resilient person, a die hard fan of the series, and someone whose true passion in life is gaming. I could live with some of these bugs. The hero skills that don't work, the creature abilities that do nothing, being unable to scroll the map using the mouse after loading, even the campaign map triggers that fire improperly and make the entire level impossible to complete. But this Conflux connectivity requirement is the most poorly implemented online-single play functionality I've seen. Look at Starcraft 2 as an example, in the future, of how you should design your PC campaigns to work with online functionality. All saved games should still be accessable without a net connection - especially if your own cloud servers are unreliable. This alone makes it clear to me, seeing as how Ubisoft only bothered to push Black Hole to do the minimum amount of work necesary to push this game out onto market, that this publisher really only cares about getting as much return from their investment as possible, even if they have to essentially scam their customers into buying a ****-poor excuse of a half-finished game. Rather than doing the honorable thing of taking at least a few months to polish up your product to please your customer base, you've alienated long-time fans of this series.

As things stand, I am never going to purchase another Ubisoft title again. I know people make threats like this and fail to follow through, but I promise that you will never see me buying another title with an Ubisoft logo anywhere near it. Furthermore, I am going to encourage my close friends and acquaintances to avoid purchasing Ubisoft products. Lastly, I am going to do my part to make sure that the Metacritic Score for this title truly reflects the quality and overall experience of this game. A score of 7/10 is simply too high.

UBISOFT: Hopefully, you will learn from your mistakes. Hopefully, you will learn to treat legacy franchises like HMM with the same sense of devotion and respect that your customers hold for them. Your customers deserve nothing less than developers and publishers who have a passion for each and every title they release. And, in the event that such passion and devotion is lacking, you should learn to opt out. You have no business working to release a title where your only interest is to take a respected name, to sully it, to release a poor mockery of what it should be, and then jump ship with as money as you can grab before the boat sinks.
  14. Nov 9, 2011
    I will not talk about the bugs, i simply will try to review the game!
    I will not talk about the bugs, i simply will try to review the game!
    I made a big mistake in buying this game and should have known better. In the aspect of game play and strategy nothing has changed since HOMM V. It comes out to be a boring routine: You eliminate all of the neutral armies on the map, defend against the AI heroes who come along now and then and from time to time conquer an opponent town. Sound like many other round based strategy games, but:

1) there are hundreds of neutral armies on the map and instead of making the game more interesting it gets more boring because all the battles are the same and repeating. So its more "working off the map" instead.
    2) the ai is absolutely predictable and non-challenging
    3) the role-playing part has been implemented very poor. No matter if you choose "blood" or "tears" u still can choose the same skills
    4) at the end you will always choose the same spells, because battling comes down to one goal: minimize losses (if at all). So you choose healing spells, spells that raise your armies (reinforcements or summon spells) and spells that will paralyze your foes (so u can heal)
    5) not even the story line is very deep nor interesting. It looks like some small stories were tried to be hammered together to one big story. Also the german voices are sometimes a little bit childish.

Very annoying is the fact, that when you accelerate the battle, the sound is accelerated as well: at maximum speed you hear only beeping and cheeping. I read it in a review and i thought "well, it will not be so annoying" but after playing some hours it does!

I am absolutely disappointed by this game and i regret having it bought! I have no clue, why it got so many good reviews by professional magazines and e-zines, i cannot recommend it at all!
  15. Nov 22, 2011
    This game sucks big times! Intentions were good but uunfortunately the result is a disaster! They removed useful features from HOMMV and replaced them with a bugged disaster. The graphics are very nice but I rather have a game that is playable but ugly than the opposite!
    My advise: Stay away!! BUT IF YOU must have the game, wait for the patches (and wait for at least 5, so you are sure that all the bugs are are gone - there are plenty of them!)
    There is no way this game has been pre-lease tested !
  16. Nov 12, 2011
    Not worth buying. I don't know why but this game bore me so much. Removed town screen was a bad move in my opinion. I think they really need to make patch fast. Sometimes if my internet conection go down the game is ends and that piss me off too
  17. Nov 7, 2011
    This game has a great opening, and the characters and story is both good (especially the undead one). However, the gameplay is linear and repetitive, and quickly you realize that you are forced to do the same things over and over and over again for hours. Even hard difficulty provides little challenge once you see true the retarded AI intellect, then you overtake armies twice your sizeThis game has a great opening, and the characters and story is both good (especially the undead one). However, the gameplay is linear and repetitive, and quickly you realize that you are forced to do the same things over and over and over again for hours. Even hard difficulty provides little challenge once you see true the retarded AI intellect, then you overtake armies twice your size without much difficulty. In our day and age we expect more flexibility and freedom from a strategy game, and when you find yourself steamrolling on easy difficulty just for story, then you realize the only thing keeping you is the role playing factor of the game, and even that has it limits when it can go hours between each story driven encounter. Expand
  18. Nov 16, 2011
    I am extremely disappointed. Played every version and liked each better than the previous. 1) 4 pages of tech issues 2) 100s and 100s of Bug posts
    3) No communication from the Publisher who has also disallowed the Devs to communicate on the forums and go through one proxy
    4) Imbalanced game play (certain race/class builds clearly OP to others) 5) Lacking imaginative spell trees
    4) Imbalanced game play (certain race/class builds clearly OP to others)
    5) Lacking imaginative spell trees (elemental, light, dark) as well as with the Might side (although I did not play Might)
    6) DRM Issues when playing the game and then losing connections and saves
    7) Very bad AI

and I could go on.

The only reason I gave it a 4 instead of a 1 is because this game CAN be a winner over time. Think of it as a scotch that needs to sit for 12 years. This game has the potential but needs a lot of work. Luckily with Skyrim, Batman, and SWToR out and soon to be out, I can wait out the game and not ruin my first time through experience. I like to play on hard, which is enhances my game play, was ruined by the imbalanced, repetitive builds, neutral battles and the AI is atrocious. The only folks that like this game is a small group of folks that probably have time invested in Beta and like doing the same thing over and over again.

I do hope that this game gets fixed. I believe they released an early beta version because the beta version right before release had less bugs. Its been over a month since release and not one word from Publisher speaks volumes. Are they working on the game? I dunno... i think they got their money and cut bait with a skeleton crew to fix a few bugs and string us a long. This is how I few a long with many other folks on the forums which is loaded with hate and discontent with a smattering of catering reviews. I just can see how someone can look a friend in the face and tell them to plop down $60 for a beta copy of this game. I would tell anyone listening that this game has potential... give it a few months when it will only cost $20 if not less, and read the forums. If they havent fixed the tech issues or loads of bugs, dont buy it unless your a long time fan of the series.

Very very disappointing that this prestigious title has been ravaged by shoddy work. The title, and more importantly the customers, deserve better treatment. If you dont think you can do the job, dont take it on. I find one aspect very telling... only one month after release, the first page of the forum is already showing signs of not turning over. Bad sign. I honestly cant wait to play the game when it is patched and maybe after an expansion.
  19. Oct 27, 2011
    Where to start?

Where to start?

With the sixth installment of this long running series, Ubi seems to have gone out of their way to utterly frustrate and alienate the people whom have kept this franchise alive for so long. Instead of developing a robust AI, they just have it cheat. Not just cheat, but cheat on a grand scale. Even on easy you get out-classed by the AI so fast it leaves only one strategy as a viable option. One viable strategy does not a strategy game make. Secondly, they tied a lot of the games better features to being able to connect to ubi online. Then they failed to have sufficient redundancy in their servers. Three times now in the first week of the games availability I have been unable to connect to Ubi's servers. The first time I did not know this hobbled the game and had to re-do the first two necro missions as as result. Also we seem to be heading backwards. The 3D rotatable camera is gone, the town screens are static and unimaginative, and having to waste skills gained by leveling up on spells is just plain wrong! We are down to one rare resource from four and then they have weeks with bonuses to resources that aren't there. As to this being more like HOMM III, if I want to play HOMM III I will play HOMM III. I do not want to shell out $50+ for a game I already have. New versions should be improvements on the last, not rehashes of whats been done already. And very poor re-hashes at that.

There is at least one area where Ubi has been consistent, and that is the utter lack of proper documentation. Given the fact the games release was delayed so MANY times the fact that the game is still this unfinished is inexcusable. If I thought for a second I could get my money back for this steaming pile of S**T I would. As i won't be able to the only thing I can do is not buy any Ubisoft games anymore. They have utterly ruined this fine series and the only thing we can hope for at this point is that this game falls so flat on its face that they sell it to another developer who will hopefully put it back on track!
  20. Dec 19, 2011
    I've been playing HOMM game since the original and this game simply goes from bad to worse over the last few iterations. Why are developers releasing games that looks like they are still in BETA? Graphics are better, but I don't see any improvement in either the story or gameplay. Most importantly, go resolve all the bug issues before you release this ****
  21. Dec 26, 2011
    Dreadful, dreadful game. The end of a fantastic series. I officially consider Heroes dead.

This game has changed everything great about the series, and has done nothing right. Even if we ignore the number of bugs that should, quite frankly, not even be present in the BETA of any game, the gameplay and design choices made here are dreadful. The beloved town screens are gone. There are an

The beloved town screens are gone. There are an unveliavable 5 races to choose from, the lowest number in the history of the series. The skill tree for the hero is nice, but giving every hero the same skills? That just leads to every hero always having the same ones, and others never being chosen.

The game punishes exploration and patience, and only one play-style will get you through against the cheating AI: Rushing. For those that play that way, that's great. Personally, I prefer to take it easy, build up my armies, and make sure I've uncovered the land properly. my playstyle has always worked, getting me through every campaign and map I've played since Heroes 3.

Somehow, the balance is completely off. You never have enough resources, building in your towns about half the time from the very first day, and then unable to recruit everything even in the second week. While the cheating AI opponent, of course, is already recruiting it's highest level creatures on day one, somehow.

Maybe for newbies to the series, this game can be fun, but for any veteran (and especially if you've played Heroes 3) I would recommend avoiding this game like the plague. It is dreadful.

Neither Ubisoft nor Black Hole are, quite simply, ever getting any of my money again.
  22. Jan 2, 2012
    I've been a supporter of the heroes of might and magic franchise since it's inception, and this installment has been the biggest disappointment of the series.

It seems, like so many other companies making games these days, that all the development money was spent on nice looking trailers and PR to hype the game, and the actual game was ignored. It plays like an alpha stage game. The animations are choppy/blocky, the amount of bugs is ridiculous. The voice acting and cutscenes are awful, and the storyline un-engaging. The camera control is also horrendous. I have a hard time understanding how some people claim this game is more like the original classics Heroes II and III, as in my opinion it is far from them.

If all the problems were fixed, this would be an ok game with nice visuals but a poor campaign, fans of the original heroes series should be dissapointed with the new races as they are not keeping with the originals at all however.

As it is now, this game is a CHORE to play, the bugs, bad animation, poor acting/cutscenes make it thoroughly unenjoyable. What a dissapointment, and shame on UBI, who is perfectly capable of backing some great games and this should have been no exception.
  23. Dec 17, 2011
    The only improvement I can see is graphic. For the game play it's only fun for a few first hours, after that the repetition of the battle will bore you.
  24. Nov 2, 2011
    Never gonna buy another MM game for under 10 dollars. Felt the game the wayyyyyyy stripped down compared to 5. Had to log into the archaic Uplay system in order to play, if uplay was down I couldn't access any of the extra material. Big fan of the series and I really do not like this game. The balance of the game is also horrible and the difficulty curve doesn't make any sense. AlsoNever gonna buy another MM game for under 10 dollars. Felt the game the wayyyyyyy stripped down compared to 5. Had to log into the archaic Uplay system in order to play, if uplay was down I couldn't access any of the extra material. Big fan of the series and I really do not like this game. The balance of the game is also horrible and the difficulty curve doesn't make any sense. Also buggy.... The worst thing they did was get rid of the dark elf class and had that retarded lotus group used instead. There aren't half the playable classes there would usually be. Ubisoft really really really disappointed me here.

This game is lammmmme.
  25. Nov 25, 2011
    The game looks good, there are many new features compared to the older games of the series and I think it has great potential... BUT it has the worst problem of all.... Bugs Bugs Bugs... The game freezes with no reason... It is completely unplayable... A good game wasted....
  26. Dec 3, 2011
    Might & Magic Heroes VI, what is there to say about it other than terrible? Nothing much in my opinion. This game is a complete let down just like the IV and V.
    I found myself playing this game for around 2 hours until I realised for a moment - hey what is a game which is similar to this game but only more compelling than this and has a ton of game play enhancements more than this one? I know, III. I will not move from III until Ubisoft can actually think about what made number 3 so great and create a game at the same tier - or higher - than this one. Heroes of Might and Magic III all the way!
  27. Jan 3, 2012
    Well I believe that all the positive reviews were written by company employees or some test group guys? most positive reviews state nothing and look like advertisement: "buy it buy it buy it!" Now about the game, IMHO part 3,4,5 were much better. There is no more fairy tail in this one, I just don't know how to describe it. Full 3-d game is cool, but the castles look really awful now, moreWell I believe that all the positive reviews were written by company employees or some test group guys? most positive reviews state nothing and look like advertisement: "buy it buy it buy it!" Now about the game, IMHO part 3,4,5 were much better. There is no more fairy tail in this one, I just don't know how to describe it. Full 3-d game is cool, but the castles look really awful now, more like a shack. I d recommend to play HoMM 3 or 5 once more, you ll get more fun. Expand
  28. Jan 5, 2012
    I have been playing the Heroes series since Heroes 2; I consider it to be one of my favorite games. However, Heroes VI is pathetic. It seems like a slapped together version of the games I know and love. No town screens? The story is awful, and even awkward at times. The leveling system is odd.. it is just missing all those things that I love about the old games. Don't waste your money.I have been playing the Heroes series since Heroes 2; I consider it to be one of my favorite games. However, Heroes VI is pathetic. It seems like a slapped together version of the games I know and love. No town screens? The story is awful, and even awkward at times. The leveling system is odd.. it is just missing all those things that I love about the old games. Don't waste your money. Hope that the next heroes is better.... Or, if you want to play a game from the Heroes series, try Heroes V, it came much closer to hitting the mark. Expand
  29. Mar 30, 2013
    Just installed the game tonight, and it's asking me to download a 1.2 Gig patch, No, now it tells me in order to play the game I have to create a Uplay account and download that game launcher. No. Maybe I'm new to PC gaming but that's a f***ing joke. Sorry, that's too much BS to go through.
  30. Oct 22, 2013
    It's staggering to see another attempt to improve a game from 1995 end in tears and vomit.

If you can see past the sea of bugs, you'll find a desert of gameplay, graphics, audio and whatever else might endear you to a game. Not a dessert, a desert. Do not eat it.

1. Dec 12, 2011
    This is definitely not the high point of the series. Someone may need to return to the old drawing board.
  2. Dec 4, 2011
    A damn fine - if at times somewhat unforgiving - turn-based game with strategic depth and hours upon hours of play. [Christmas 2011, p.52]
  3. Nov 30, 2011
    Engrossing exploration, diverse development, and challenging combat return in Might & Magic Heroes VI.