7.4

1. Apr 17, 2014
    Minecraft is a great game which brings back memories from the 70's-80's. This game has revolutionized gaming. This game started off with noone playing it but now nearly everyone plays it. Players have modified it with Mini Games which is great. It has also given many Youtubers lot's of money including BajanCanadian etc. The multiplayer is really fun with 1000's of people owning servers there's shortage no choose from. Also the singleplayer is pretty fun too! I would recommend this game to anyone who is imaginative. Overall I give this game a 9/10 for a load of fun mini games and for being very addictive! Expand
  2. Apr 15, 2014
    I like this game because you can build everything what do you want...But there is just one problem...It's a block game I prefer realistic graphics ...
  3. Apr 14, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am ANGRY at all you negative reviewers out there, you overlook the influence on culture these days of Minecraft, comparing it to other games (BTW I am looking for the perfect game which you will find my Qualifications in the Profile) This has by far been the Crown Jewel of My PC games, It is near my perfect game standard and it is the closest one there. Also about it's influence on culture, this game has truly defined the true basic principle of open-ended games, I believe it even has created it's own genre. And other than that I believe you negative reviewers never even tried to venture within the game itself, you didn't even bother to look at the wiki, it may be buggy however it 's Success overshadows it's flaws. And by the way did you even care to look at modding this game? This game for me, has an almost infinite number of mods out there, so the game is extremely flexible. And by the way have you seen Terraria? If you like the game and you review this negatively, then you know what? Terraria was inspired By MINECRAFT. So in my view this game belongs with the great historic games, which have forever changed the world, and if you ask me, Minecraft has begun it's own gaming generation CONVERSATION OVER, PERIOD. Expand
  4. Apr 13, 2014
    This game can be very fun at 90% of times but when it is not it gets kind of boring, but like I said It is a very great game with all the new mini games and other things. I will say this I miss minecraft back then by back then I mean 1.2 after 1.2 it kinda went down by minecraft will always be a special game to me and it was 1 of the first pc games I bought and played even to this day I still play it and there graphics are pretty decent, so this game deserves a good rating! :) Expand
  5. Apr 12, 2014
    I have spent more time in and had more fun in this game than many other games, but eventually, I find, that you will lose enjoyment. You will try to cover this up with modifications or even modules, but eventually, your interest will collapse. You may revisit it in the future, but your enjoyment will never be as great or as extensive as it was initially. This is why I have given it an 8. I have loved this game, but no longer do... although when I loved it, it was one of the best computer experiences of my life, and I applaud that. Expand
  6. Apr 10, 2014
    Minecraft is a great game that never ends. You can be building houses in creative mode or trying to slay in ender dragon in survival. The possibilities are endless. My favourite part has to be making houses in creative mode though.
  7. Apr 7, 2014
    Minecraft is by far one of the greatest indie game ever invented. And I sure gives the inventor (Markus "Notch" Persson) a hell of a point. This voxel based sandbox game that is really fun to play. It increased people's creativity to create, explore, and other things you can imagine surviving with a more intense world. From the ALPHA phase, Minecraft was still nothing. But in the BETA phase, it already broke some records. First record, it was awarded the most popular game in BETA. The next record, shows that this game is the best sandbox game yet. Exploring the unlimited possibilities in the endless world of cubes. Crafting, Surviving, and Thriving. Making huge creations and make differences in this world. They also update the game eventually sometimes in 2 months time. And by my very critic, this game deserves a wonderful score of 10. Some people may say that this game is a waste of time. Well, it's actually a very great game to KILL some time. Some of the users/players of this game says that it lacked of gaming and it's made out of pixel. Some say it's the worst. The game is actually pixelated, but it's actually pixelated using cubes and blocks. That's why it seems so 3D. You can create endless creations and everything you want. But my surprise of this game it the multiplayer feature. It is really fun and enjoyable playing beyond the community and have fun by playing minigames. Or just doing a survival together with your friends. A 3D sandbox with a multiplayer feature? That's really fun for players that doesn't like being alone. I picked the three best servers so far, and the three of them keep amaze me anytime I go there. The best server so far is Mineplex by my opinion. The second is the Hypixel Network. And the third is The Hive. I really don't judge these servers because they are all good-to-play servers and all that, but in those critic, I'll judge them because this IS a critic. Apart from all of that, this is a wonderful game. I honored the creators of this game, which is TeamMojang, and I appreciate this kind of games. Indulging and exciting. Expand
  8. Apr 6, 2014
    The ones who say the graphics are bad, well, its your own fault for buying it. Always look at reviews and videos first. The game is meant to be full of pixels like that, its how Mojang intended it to be.
    Anways, this game is great, hours of play. You can say its a sandbox game, but it is not a sandbox, its a toybox! Lots of fun with it!
  9. Apr 5, 2014
    The open world, and the idea on this game is fresh.
    The simulation is great.
    But dont hope for a great graphics.
    Play for the gameplay.

This game contains tons of hours of play.
    And its a very very good game for your children creativity.
    Even adults build a working old flip flop computer simulator on this game.
  10. Apr 4, 2014
    My computer hyperventilates more often playing Minecraft than it does Mirror's Edge. My brain can't stand to have the same activity repeated every time I start up the game. I can't stand the community,"YOLO SWAG! YOU HACKER! STOP HACKING! STRAFING IS A GREAT STRATEGY! I HAVE NO LIFE! BUTTER IS GOLD! I'M SUICIDAL!" Worst of all, my friends ONLY have Mindcrap, so they beg me to play. Survival games. "PVP." The only two activities they enjoy on this game. Most people only like Minecraft because it's the only game they have. I got my friend Garry's Mod, AND HE NEVER PLAYS IT! WHEN HE DOES, HE DOES FOR FIVE MINUTES, THEN GOES AND PLAYS "SURVIVAL GAMES"! I could rant and rave all day about this game, but I'm tired and going insane from my Minecraft player friend. Expand
  11. Apr 2, 2014
    Minecraft us a fun game, in the beginning after a while it really begins to loose it's charm. It also irritates me that Mojang (the creators of minecraft) could make an AWESOME game out of This by wedding simple bit fun changes (making blocking effective, more types of armor/weapons and USEFULL NPC's) but instead they add carpets....
  12. Mar 29, 2014
    Wow, this game really restricts your creativity. I mean, all you can make are giant penises. I haven't jerked off in about two years because I'm so sick of seeing penises. I'm even afraid of my own penis now. I haven't changed pants in about ten years. Well, I guess I'm gonna go play some DickCraft. See ya big boy.
  13. Mar 29, 2014
    Minecraft is an amazing game. I remember hearing about it online and looking at what you can do in this game and when I finally got the game I was not disappointed a bit! I love the gameplay in this game both in survival and creative mode. I love survival because it gives me that feeling of exploration of going to build and craft things, fight monsters, go mining and when you complete hard tasks it can feel very rewarding. I also love creative mode because it's the opportunity to go around a create things that are huge and beautiful with almost no limitations; some things in creative do take a long time to make but when I am done they are very rewarding as well. I also love the music in this game and some of the atmospheres; however I will warn you that there are some really creepy things in this game. Overall, Minecraft is a masterpiece! I really wish people wouldn't bash this game just because they may call it too "mainstream" or something like that. The game is great, It also great to come back to this game after not playing it for a while. Trust me, I started playing this game back in 2012 and I am still playing it a lot today in 2014. Expand
  14. Mar 27, 2014
    After a while it grows on you a bit, plus everyone was telling me how great the building aspect of it is when I'm more into the adventure and mining of it. Although it still seems like the fans are the ones that carried this game...
  15. Mar 26, 2014
    Minecraft is a very good game because undergo frequent updates even with the final version. Is also a sandbox ie is INFINITE! Only flaws of the game is its weight and its price is $ 26.95.
  16. Mar 19, 2014
    A game that challenges you in one thing, and one thing only: creativity. With straight-forward combat, the only thing threatening is the environmental hazards (lava, long falls), surprise attacks from enemies (which can contribute to environmental hazards) and letting yourself being overwhelmed. The game can grow stale in many cases if you do not set yourself a goal, or if there is nothing to set a goal for you. This is where the community comes in.

Vanilla Pros:
    -Gives you a starter point so you understand the game
    -Tests you to for creativity
    -Marvelous things can be constructed and adventure maps can be made interesting through the use of redstone
    -The lego-style and blocks make building fairly simplistic

Vanilla cons:
    -No tutorials
    -Rather boring if you cannot set goals for yourself
    -Lonely on single player... and especially annoying with squidward villagers

Multiplayer + Community pros
    -PvP adds a nice adrenaline rush with traps, stalking and shadowing your prey
    -Mini-game community servers (such as the core server or the hive server) add lots of fun and randomness
    -the modding community allows for interesting mods, whether you want a challenge, something interesting, a slightly easier kind of game play, or simply a different look to the game

community cons:
    -like all games, idiots exist in the community and trolls are common. (known as griefers)
    -PvP can leave you depressed if you're not part of a community server and start out immediately, as people with plenty of diamonds and enchanted gear can kill you just as you try cooking iron
    -Server finding is rather irritating and LaN (local area network) server finding is unreliable

General game pros:
    -Still getting updates
    -Creativity is constantly improving
    -allows for useful applications in real life (Minecraft Teacher is an outstanding example)

General game cons:
    -Without creativity or ambition, the game makes you feel rather mindless and can turn stale
    -major updates (such as new biomes) can force you to abandon everything you've done on a different world to start from scratch on a new world for the content
    -resources can be tedious to obtain, especially diamonds (insanely rare sometimes) and obsidian (takes ages to mine)
  17. Mar 19, 2014
    I give Minecraft an 8/10 for a number of reasons. It resides as one of my absolute favorite hobbies as I use it for a creative outlet.(Yes, a hobby, as playing it feels more like a past-time than an actual "video game") The amount of potential that this game holds is beyond belief. It is not without it's faults, unfortunately, which keeps me from giving this wonderful game a perfect 10. I will also admit that Minecraft is not for everyone. I see a lot of contradicting reviews, and feel that it is best for me to be perfectly honest about the game.

Pros

*If you like sandbox games, this one is certainly worth a try. The limit is the sky. With each and every inch of the land at your disposal. The whole world is your play pen. Ive seen people create things from mighty fortresses of doom to beautiful cities to quirky pixel art.
    *If you like survival and exploration games, you might want to give this one a try. From spelunking for resources and raising livestock to exploration and fending off undead, the game does well in immersing the player in its 3d environment.
    *Multiplayer! I feel that this game is best experienced with others, wither you are working on a group creative project or exploring that dark and creepy cavern. I feel that Minecraft has a very personal feel to it, so what is better than being able to adventure with your friends or show off your greatest creations?
    *Minecraft has a vast modding community. If you feel that certain types of content in minecraft is lacking for your tastes, then you can probably remedy that with your choice from thousands of different mods created by the player base.
    *Visuals and sound. The landscape and biome generation can make for some absolutely stunning visuals. The music and dynamic sounds significantly add to the games wonderful immersion.

Cons

*First and foremost, Minecraft is created in Java. The engine is heavy, and very clunky. The game can take it's toll on even some of the best systems. Getting your fps higher than 60 can be nearly impossible without having a beast of a computer, which seems quite unnecessary for a game of this type.(Although performance does seem to have improved since the last major overhaul patch) It also tends to have its share of icky bugs.
    *There is absolutely no story, what-so-ever. If you are looking for a thrilling plot, then minecraft may not be for you.
    *survival will start to get a bit dull after a while if you aren't playing with mods or others.
    *A good portion of its online community is made up of children, and as such you will run into a lot of immature players who feel no remorse for destroying your progress. It takes quite a bit of effort to find trustworthy players online.
    *Progress in the game's development is there, but extremely slow.
    *Minecraft's default textures and graphics are very low res and blocky. While some may feel that it adds on to the game's individual style, others may not be to happy about it. (note that the textures can in fact be changed, as many players in the community have created some really stunning and interesting texture packs of all resolutions.)
  18. Mar 17, 2014
    Minecraft is a very unique game, but does it deserve this much acclaim?

Pros:
    It gives you total freedom
    Nice LEGO style graphics

Cons:
    Dull combat
    Boring gameplay
    It's more of a toy rather than a game

Minecraft does have its moments, but it's not quite the game I wanted
  19. Mar 15, 2014
    Was my favorite game for a long time when I was younger. I played 500+ hours.
    Its so much better with mod pack. if you have played it a fair bit get a mod pack. The best ones are from Technic or FTB.
  20. Mar 14, 2014
    Minecraft is a flawless game, though I do have a few suggestions for future updates.

1: Like most people on the MC forum, WE WANT FLOATING ISLANDS!
    2:In a past update, "The Biome Update" many new "biomes" are added to the massive sandbox. Some examples are, Savanah, Canyon and a Roofed Forest. I believe, there should be certain "mobs" (Creatures existing in the world) for each biome.
    Some examples are, Lions, Elephants,Heiynas etc. for the Savanah. I also have some suggestions for the Jungle biome, some being, Jaguars,Tigers,Monkeys,Snakes etc. Thank you for reading!

Herbertlives
  21. Mar 13, 2014
    This game is a really great game, but is a tad overrated. The features are excellent and gameplay is fun, but can get boring when in survival mode. While it's a great game, people glorify it too much like it's the Messiah of not just sandbox games and indie games, but as the video game industry as a whole. Fun for the whole family.
  22. Mar 12, 2014
    Everyone saying this game is terrible is completely missing the point of the game! Most of the negative reviews here either mention the "bad graphics", or how the game seems to be "un-finished" or "lacking features". The game is meant to be blocky with simple graphics, that is a major part of what makes the game special and unique! If you still feel the need for great graphics, go online and download one of many, many, many free user-created HD resource packs! And the game seems unfinished because it is!! The game will NEVER be totally finished, as the game developers have said many times in the past.
    If you're looking for more features or more interesting gameplay, there are hundreds, if not thousands, of 100% free player-made modifications (mods) and custom-made worlds creating various challenges, puzzles, and adventures. The awesome Minecraft community is what really makes the game - without all the custom-made user material, it would not be nearly as popular!
  23. Mar 12, 2014
    An amazingly addictive building game! The graphics almost made me ignore this game but a friend let me try it. Sometimes simple is the perfect formula. With the mountain of mods and texture packs out there you're sure to be able to customize the game any way you like!
  24. Mar 11, 2014
    Minecraft is truly a revolutionary game, its simple, yet you can do anything in it, people have taken it so far. The way they add new things all the time, for free of charge. Is so generous of the Swedish company. Its a very creative game. Anyone who would play Minecraft would know that its a game of a 1000 games. Anyone can play it young or old. There are plenty of servers. Many blocks and mods to keep you building. Also Minecraft has survival to survive the night and defeat the wither and the EnderDragon. It has to be the indie game that changed the gaming industry for a long time. The mechanics arent much, but its easy to learn. If you don't like the small blocky graphics there are resource packs that change the sounds and textures. It can go from around 3x3 per block/item, to 5012x5012! Its a great game to keep your kids away from shooting and violent games. Its very cheap and you dont need much to play the game. It runs on Mac, Windows, Linux. You need at least 2gbs of RAM and around a few MegaBytes of space. I highly recomend the game, its fun to bring friends and family closer. :) Expand
  25. Mar 8, 2014
    Este juego es la prueba de que un buen juego no necesita los super graficos realistas, circulos o esferas ni mucha complicacion solo un par de pixeles, cubos, redstone, minas y CREEPERS!
  26. Mar 7, 2014
    Minecraft! An extremely repetitive, yet attractive game towards a lot of the younger audience. Minecraft is fun to play at first, but then when you get tired of it, you take a break and go to the mods. The modding community is quite amazing. It offers many advancements to the game, and brings in a ton of extra hours of playtime. Overall, this game is EXTREMELY addictive if you like sandbox survival games, but atrocious if you don't. Expand
  27. Mar 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love the game its multi player is endless and the creations never stop it just keeps going I see so much more of this game in the Future and the mods just make so sophisticated and in single player you can experiment and find new strategy's to do some specific thing and conquer the game in a year its awesome and I love it Expand
  28. Mar 6, 2014
    Minecraft is one of my favorite games of all time and i can explain why, first the graphics. Though the graphics are blocky they have a certain charm to them that can not be explained. The gameplay is a lot of fun taking different twist to sandbox games unlike games like GTA and Saints Row instead of running around killing people you create buildings which can take up a lot of my time. The music is great especially the piano pieces. and the multiplayer is my favourite part of this game with the community creating several games modes which is fun for all. Overall, Minecraft is a wonderful game that every PC gamer should experience once in their lives 10.1/10 Expand
  29. Mar 5, 2014
    Minecraft is THE open world game! It promotes your creative side. But it gets booring after awhile and the enemies are irritating (fortunately you can switch off all enemies, if you want). Dying is also annoying...
  30. Feb 23, 2014
    Useless. Just one word to describe it. Is a game that can entertain you for 3/4 hours before that you realize that your life can go on without build cubic virtual houses in mud and crap.
  31. Feb 22, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. +Nice Gameplay+
    +Great Graphics+
    +Magnificent Open World+
    +Great Visuals And Design+
    +Fun Multiplayer Mode+

Minecraft is not only nice, it's marvelous game and perfect to build and create with your own freedom. Minecraft is pleased for people to play with.
  32. Feb 22, 2014
    Ah, good old Minecraft... I honestly don't know where to start with this one. Discussing Minecraft in a negative manner is extremely dangerous thanks to the amount of drooling drones that will defend this game to their last breath. Hmm... Well, let's break this review up into multiple categories.

1. Graphics
    This is a very subjective and sensitive topic to elaborate on. It all comes
    down to your personal opinion. Some people like Minecraft's 'retro' graphical style, and some people say it's disgusting. But games aren't all about the graphics, right? Well, maybe for some people... Don't worry though, the vast modding community surrounding the game has come up with many fantastic texture mods to suit your needs. Hell, you can even make a texture mod yourself if you wanted to. Personally, I think the original textures look bland and boring, but I digress...

2. Sound
    The sound design for Minecraft is nothing short of a masterpiece. Whether smashing a block, or listening to the game's soundtrack, you'll instantly be satisfied. I haven't found one person that doesn't like Minecraft's vast soundtrack. It has a calm and soothing tone to it. Sometimes you'll hear creepy cave wind sounds when mining, or hear running water when near a stream. It's definitely one of the better things about Minecraft. There are many different sounds modifications as well.

3. Gameplay
    Minecraft's simplistic nature is what makes it so easy to pick up and play. Well, when you learn the different crafting recipes of course. But this fact is also it's greatest downfall... After you've conquered every dungeon and cave, found every mineral and treasure, and built your own little town, there's not much left to do. The game has no plot or purpose, it's just kind of there for you to paint your own world on the canvas of your own choosing. I'm simply saying after doing this same process over and over, it starts to grow on you. It becomes less and less exciting for every diamond or rare goodie you find. Don't worry though, there's tons of mods to keep you interested, right? Eh, most of the mods are focused on making the game even easier than it already is so... it's a mixed bag. It all comes back to your own opinion.

4. Community
    This goes without saying... Minecraft's community is horrible. Lemme give you some insight on what kinds of 'people' I've come across.

A. Extremely immature children that think they know everything and anything about the world.
    B. Teenagers that have no life outside of coming home from school and sitting on their computer.
    C. Adults in their 30s and 40s that haven't quite grown up yet.
    D.(EXTREMELY RARE) All around good people that respect fellow players and the game itself.

So yeah, another mixed bag... Eh, this topic is pretty pointless. It'll only serve to get more mindless drones to thumb down this review because they can't accept the truth.

Conclusion...
    All in all, this game is not horrendously bad... It has it's flaws, but let's be honest... The only thing that has kept this game afloat in recent years is the vast modding community that adds new content regularly. The original developers, Mojang, have become greedy and lazy, and are just letting the community do their work for them. The only thing they seem to add to the game are more bugs and glitches. I am appalled at the childish behavior by the main developers on social media sites... But the matter of the fact is, money changes people. It makes them evil. That's a fact we can all agree on...

Thanks for reading guys. I appreciate you taking time out of your day for my review. To all the mindless drones, go ahead and thumb this down into oblivion. I really don't care.

-Starkiller94
  33. Feb 21, 2014
    sweet! I got a Minecraft Upgrade Code and I can't believe it actually worked! Hit up http://minecraft.cardcodes.net

Read more at http://minecraft.cardcodes.net/#8fLBLbTJgYXC1Hsg.99
  34. Feb 16, 2014
    A once fantastic game, Minecraft over the time has hit a sudden decline every since certain things were added, removed, and changed. Some for the better, and for the worst. Some like it, others do not but I'm in the middle, a decline from when I first played it---which was a 9.
  35. Feb 14, 2014
    A great educational and creative game that allows the players to do and build whatever they want in a virtual infinite space. But be warned: if you are not a creative person, you'll get bored really fast.
  36. Feb 6, 2014
    The 1.8 "adventure" update was this games downfall, they took a sandbox game, and attempted to turn it into a rollplay game. The only thing it achieved was making me quit Minecraft, sad to see such a great game get buried under the dirt.
    Edit: Apparently they made it so you can revert to the old, better versions of Minecraft. So that's a plus! Upped my rating from a 1 to a 5.
  37. Feb 5, 2014
    Nearly 4 years after "release", Minecraft continues to update with new features demanded for by the still very active community of modders and map designers. While initially lacking some features that could have made the game more enjoyable; the majority of those features have now been added. The chief complaint from those that have clearly not played the game is that the graphics are terrible and that reason alone is enough to avoid the game. If you ever actually play the game you realize that the block design was by choice as well as for convenience and in no way affects the way you play the game. Everything is designed to fit with the blocks, the enemies, the tools, even the watermelons are square! Although I have moved on to the Feed the Beast pack due to the shear amount to do it in; Minecraft is definitely worth your time. Expand
  38. Feb 4, 2014
    This game is one of the best games of all time. It provides so much variety that constantly people are coming out with mods and texture packs to make this game great. And they update it occasionally too to keep the gamers playing the game and to have new people start playing.
  39. Jan 28, 2014
    Having played this game since it's alpha stages, I can tell you they have done a good job of updating and keeping the game a little different. The possibilities are pretty much endless; you can play any genre you want on this. Of course, unless you download a texture pack, it all looks the same. But for being able to play any genre there has got to be some disadvantage right? Yes, of course there is. If in survival, you must collect and build, but in creative you just have to build. So if you want a puzzle game, you have to make. And if you want a fighting arena you have to make it. Luckily there are multiplayer servers that you can play on that build all these things for you to play at. Another cool thing about minecraft is it's ability to mod it so easily. The game was designed to provide ample entertainment without mods, but with them you can get anything you want out of this game. As some have said, you don't really have a goal, as you are stranded in the middle of no where. But at first, there are goals. Build a house, collect materials, craft cool items, etc. Also, achievements get you something to work for. Also, the Ender Dragon is most peoples ultimate goal, and it takes a very long time to get to have a chance against it. Afterwards though, they leave it up to you to decide what happens next. Luckily with rather frequent updates you can explore new areas and meet new creatures. So if you like a very very unrestricted game, Minecraft is the way to go.And for only around 30 dollars, you can't really go wrong. For a sandbox game, Minecraft is the top choice. Expand
  40. Jan 27, 2014
    I know, I know, I am incredibly late on this one. I've played Minecraft for years now, and it is not only a game that revolutionized the Gaming Industry and especially the Indie industry. It is one of the most addictive, rewarding experiences you will ever play.
    If you haven't play Minecraft, what the hell are you waiting for? And trust me, the PC version is the one you want. First,
    almost every computer in the world runs it, you don't need a megalodon with high-tech specs to run the game. Second, don't **** about graphics. Minecraft is a beautiful game. It's blocky art stile is charming, and seeing a sunset for the first time with the eclectic piano music behind is just mesmerizingly beautiful.
    The objective in Minecraft is to survive. Or at least it is in "Survival" mode. As you progress through the game, you will progress in things like building a house, hunting monsters or going to hell. Everything can be for nothing in a blink of an eye (When you are dead, YOU ARE dead). You must orientate yourself in the random generated world, find shelter and food, and protect yourself from the creatures of the night. At moments it is thrilling, at moments scary, at moments funny. You never know what is going to happen in a typical Minecraft day.
    Then you have "Creative" mode. In this mode, you can do whatever you want with the blocks you want. Build a giant diamond mansion, and why not shape it like a yatch? How about farming zombies? The limit is literally your imagination.
    Minecraft also offers a multiplayer service. You can either play with friends or join a server to play something with the community. Want to play Hunger Games, Block Hunt and many other games with people from all around the world? Then the multiplayer experience is perfect for you. The variety of things to do and see is amazing.
    Minecraft is easily one of the jewels of this generation and of gaming history. It isn't ambitious and still, it feels like the biggest-scaled game ever made. It is always updating, expanding to keep things fresh, and it truly is the Indie Game that revolutionized the industry.
  41. Jan 26, 2014
    Now these are my words coming from my mouth. This is my opinion review. I gave Minecraft a 9/10 because Jeb was put in charge. Minecraft was better when Marcus "Notch" Pearson was in charge. Jeb turned Minecraft over to it's "darkest zone". The only good thing about all of this is that Jeb put a down grader in the launcher. I love Minecraft, but am disappointing in what Jeb has done with Minecraft. I wish that Notch would come back and Jeb would be co assistant. Notch, please come back and fix Jeb's "new game". Expand
  42. Jan 26, 2014
    The game started out fine, don't get me wrong. But as it updated more and more and more, it became clear that this game is just a cash cow. There is nearly no actual new content in these updates and it's pretty horrible, really. The only good thing about this game is the building aspect. To say that Terraria is a shameless Minecraft ripoff is an insult to humanity.

This is without a
    doubt the most overrated game of all time and if you want an actually, you know, FUN game, check out Terraria. It's cheaper and still better in pretty much every aspect, except that it's 2D except of 3D but that isn't necessarily bad. Expand
  43. Jan 25, 2014
    I loved Minecraft 2009-2011, but then the community peed on me. On me and a lot of other players. It got demolished by these "youtube stars". Stars, but about to go supernova. Please, stop, its disgusting. About the game, it was fine until you play a lot of it, not its so horrible. Best was around 1.8, then it was ****
  44. Jan 22, 2014
    How this crap is getting such scores. It doesn't have plot, graphics are **** (I mean really ****), don't know about soundtrack (if there is any), but **** me, there is only gameplay. I am giving 0/10 just to bring the balance, it should have 60/100 score.
  45. Jan 19, 2014
    GAME ON Paracha ZAHUYACHENA JAVA SCRIPT **** DEVELOPERS HUESOSY the game is played only schoolchildren and pirates!! READ BIBORAN SHAME! **** game! shame!**** game! shame!**** game! shame!**** game! shame!
  46. Jan 15, 2014
    Minecraft is often criticised for not containing guns, unless modded. this is no reason to let your opinion go sour. The game itself is very versatile; it is playable on Pc, Xbox, Apple, Android, Ps3, Ps4, and has many spin-offs. whichever version you choose to play, minecraft has the same drift; you have a character, usually customisable, who spawns into a seemingly endless world of cubes, with only your imagination as the limit. It is a great game for people of all ages, from children to elderly, as it stimulates different parts of the mind, especially creativity.

It's really quite remarkable.
  47. Jan 14, 2014
    if you know all the things you can do in this awesome game... its the most free world game in history and also includes the possibility of make your own mechanism whit redstone, in creative or in survival.
  48. Jan 12, 2014
    This is my favourite game! I think I've been playing this since 2012 and I have enjoyed every single second of it. Games don't need fancy graphics to be fun. THANKS MOJANG!

-James
  49. Jan 6, 2014
    I can't even begin to describe how enjoyable this indie game is. I will always know Minecraft to be the game that invented infinite worlds. No matter what you do in Minecraft you'll never get bored. Because, as previously mentioned it has infinite worlds! Multiplayer is extremely fun, and you can also have LAN worlds so you can play with you're friends who are on the same network.
  50. Jan 5, 2014
    Minecraft is an unoriginal game that made millions. I mean, what game have you NOT seen that evolves placing blocks? The combat is broken, with you having no hands, no polished feel to it (all you do is spam the left click button), and the AI for enemy's is retarded. All they do is walk up to you and do damage with no animation, and if you place a block in front of them, they just stay there stuck. Another thing bad about Minecraft is that if you want to host a server, YOU HAVE TO DOWNLOAD A SEPARATE PROGRAM. You have to download the java server file, and drag and drop and make folders... IT'S SO HARD TO MAKE A SERVER! Why didn't Notch the fat man just put the server maker in the game? Also, with the Minecraft multiplayer, ALL Triple A servers BEG YOU to pay VIP which can cost to about $20-$50.
    With VIP, you gain an overpowered advantage to player who play free, by getting overpowered weapons, overpowared armor, that stuff. BUT. If you are VIP, you are allowed to KICK somebody OFF the server so you can join! Fat pigs.
  51. Jan 4, 2014
    Minecraft gets really boring after a few hours. Without any objective given, you quickly lose interest in playing. The developers don't even care about the game and the community has to make mods in order to give it some variety. Also, the combat is horrible, you can't talk to NPC's, enemy AI is garbage and building structures becomes tedious after a while.

Minecraft is terribly
    overrated and Youtube is polluted with videos of little kids making Let's Plays of this game in hope to earn a quick buck from subscriptions. A shameless ripoff of Infiniminer and doesn't do anything original or interesting to be considered worth playing. Expand
  52. Jan 4, 2014
    This is one of the best games I have ever played, period. It is true that plain vanilla may get boring after a while, but this is where the amazing community, mods, and servers come in! There is truly infinite possibility in this game, and I would definitely recommend it for anyone willing to give it a go.
  53. Jan 3, 2014
    This is a game the same way lego is a game- meaning, it isn't. This is a building simulation which is ultimately the most overrated game of the decade. Graphics, controls, and UI are all absolutely horrid- but it's an indie sandbox, so naturally that's enough for those who hate anything made by a big company to love it. If this game was made by EA, every person praising it would instead be talking about how horrible it is. Too bad this era's of gamers are more interested in gaming politics than they are in actual games.

And queue the flood of terrible but cheap or free indie games.
  54. Jan 3, 2014
    Ahhh, Minecraft... you know... all those gamemodes, all those epic constructions, the amazing comunity out there. All that stuff is really awesome. And you can just play with one or two friends on a server made by YOU. Minecraft is an amazing game for 10 years old guys or even for 30 years old men (and woman). It's obviously worth the 19,90$. The only reason I give 9 as score for this game is because of the development. The game has lots of bugs that the developers know about (their all around minecraft forums). And they just update the game when the discovered bugs reach a critical state. Expand
  55. Jan 3, 2014
    This is an entertaining, very casual game. There are few limits on what you can do with this game and an Internet connection. Even without the on-line parts of the game, the game can keep you occupied for a long time. The controls are easy to learn, and the game is easy to understand. You are only limited by your imagination.
  56. Jan 2, 2014
    minecraft is fun at first but gets way to repetitive after your first few times playing though it. trust me every time you start a world you chop down a tree look for coal then make your first base. it fun for the first time but after a few times it really turns you off of the game
  57. Jan 2, 2014
    This game is the best game of all time in my opinion, from the Alpha which was back in the day a fantastic game alone, it just kept on getting better through Beta and now in full release it is still being updated and content being added which is just one of the reasons this is the only 10/10 I have ever given. All the mod packs and mods which have been made from this game such as Technic and Feed the Beast have just added so much more replayability. The moving soundtrack fits absolutely perfectly with the game and is still being added to. The soundtrack is slow, calm and has a fantasy element to it like no other. That was just the singleplayer the multiplayer servers add even more, with custom plugins and game modes such as survival games or just mining and building with friends the multilplayer greatly increases the playtime. There is much more to add such as the enormous amount if mobs neutral and hostile and the immersive day to night cycle which really fits in with the game. The only problem with this it was quite hard and still is to set up a server for your friends to play on but that has gotten allot easier. This is the only game Xbox 360 & PC combined I have spent 1000+ hours on playing. Expand
  58. Dec 31, 2013
    Very good game, Indeed it was. Its is one of the best games I've ever played. Expand
  59. Dec 31, 2013
    I have played Minecraft since the early Alpha stages, and the game is amazing and has been all the way through my experience. The people who do not call this a full game do not know what they are talking about because as far as i know over 13 Million people think it is. (that's how many have bought the game) It's classic, it's creative and it's a great way to spend a rainy day or a whole holiday! It's great fun alone or with friends. The only thing that i can complain about is how it became after it's release, the game was at it's top around the Beta 1.6 time. Expand
  60. Dec 30, 2013
    Minecraft is one of the best if not the best game I have ever played. It has a vast world to explore and plenty of weird and interesting mobs (animals). Although it did get a tiny bit repetitive, Minecraft has me so addicted that I can't stop playing.
  61. Dec 30, 2013
    The game is very fun to play and can become additive spending hours and hours playing it and it never gets boring, get a friend and start building your own world of blocks
  62. Dec 30, 2013
    Pros:
    -If you love a good sandbox game, this is one of the better one's I've played. Open-ended play with the option to change difficulty if you get bored or run into a tight spot with mobs (though I am to understand those players steeped in the world of little pixels find switching to "peaceful" mode an abomination )
    -It's great for kids and adults alike, offering endless gameplay and
    nearly endless adventure.
    -Updates are usually always improving the game, or fixing bugs and providing new tidbits or items to find
    -Controls are simple on the PC and once you learn it's pretty hard to forget it.
    -You can alter how the game looks, the rendering distance, and most of the usual basic controls of a game.
    -Lots of help can be found on the Minecraftwiki site, among other places, if you find yourself confused about how to craft something or what you should be aiming for next.
    -You can leave this game for a month or for a day, and when you start up again, it's right where you left off and you can usually pick up where you left off.

Cons:
    -There are so many things to do and see, people who are more action-oriented will be disappointed until you can get to the Nether, or face one of the two end bosses' that I'm aware of.
    -Diamond seems, at times, very very hard to find, as it should be; but players might get discouraged after days of spelunking only to come back with a chests' worth of cobblestone.
    -Unless you have a speedy computer, the game can get a little glitchy and slow. The good thing is that there are different rendering options.
    -This can be a time-sink, and at the end of a day's worth of play, you realize you have done nothing in the sometimes less interactive real world. Set a timer or a goal if you're a person who easily falls into hours of gameplay and you have other things to do!

Overall: I love this game, and games like this that are open world. That said, a couple more milestones or achievements to point lost players in the right direction might be helpful to some of the younger players who want to "beat" the game.
  63. Dec 29, 2013
    Minecraft is probably going to be the hardest thing to review because sometimes the community pushes me to call it a horrible game but sometimes it can be addicting so well i'll give it a 5 because the developers are making horrible decisions with a game that has much potential. But it's not entirely the devs fault Minecraft is a 6 to 12 year old magnet and since the devs listen to the people who don't actually know what their talking about we have a game that's aging very quickly for the people like me who have played it for 3 years. Expand
  64. Dec 29, 2013
    I love Minecraft, I love it for how open it is and how much you can actually do. I'm more of a fan of the creative and the building side of things. This game is great for that! With free upcoming updates every few months increasing the features, items and blocks. People who tend not to like minecraft usually do not play for long enough. You have to build to a certain level until you cannot stop and admire your creation. Minecraft also carry's what other of its followers do not. The ability to create various contraptions using a redstone system (A wiring type of system) alongside rails and other tools to help you implement uses into things you make. I already give this a 10 just for that. That isn't all, it includes survival and multiplayer in which is huge with it's own game modes, RPGs and survivals. I'm sure I haven't covered everything but from my experience it is one of my favorite games. Expand
  65. Dec 28, 2013
    Been playing Minecraft since Alpha and continue to enjoy it. This is a game that will never stop evolving. The developers are constantly adding new things and I have never gotten bored of the build-box gameplay. Are you creative? You can literally build anything. Are you an adventurer? The randomly generated maps are huge and offer tons of things to explore. One minute I'm building my farm, the next I'm spelunking in a cave system that seems to never end and is rich in ores and materials. The survival element just adds icing to the cake, having to fend of the likes of skeletons and zombies to stay alive at night. Fun for all ages! Expand
  66. Dec 26, 2013
    Let's start by saying this game is pretty good. The building is easy and looks good. You can add mods to change parts of the game. Modding is very easy to do. Multiplayer keeps you playing for a long time. Generally, most of the mobs are somewhat difficult. It also allows for many different ways to play such as adventure maps, multiplayer custom gamemodes, and more. Anyone starting this game would certainly enjoy it, and for a long time. But let's get to the bad.

Why this game is also pretty bad. First off, gameplay. When I am at the diamond age, what is there to do? Sure there is building, but making buildings gets boring after some time, and really doesn't do much. Sure there are bosses, such as the Ender Dragon (Boring: Swoops down every 5 minutes, and has the knockback of the devil) and the Wither (interesting, but the beacons just make the game more boring and easy: Pretty difficult to kill, gathering the materials needed to make the wither can be extremely annoying and boring), but the ender dragon barely gives you anything that is needed, and the Wither drops a star to make the beacon which makes a easy game even easier. Sure there is multiplayer, but seriously, it does get boring after a long time (Like all games do when you overplay them). Sure there are mods, but that isn't part of the game, and most make the game even easier. Sure there are new updates, which aren't very interesting, and add mostly annoying things to the game, and the developers aren't so nice/good. Take Jeb for example which says "If you don't like the game, then don't play it." Why is that bad to say? Because that means he doesn't care, and wants money since he already knows you bought the game. Then he takes bad community output from players who don't care for gameplay and want a game that is easy. I'm not even going to get into recent updates. Disgusting.

Overall, I enjoyed the game a lot, and it started a new style for gaming and graphics.
  67. Dec 22, 2013
    Très bon jeux un peu répétitif. Le seul but de ce jeux est de briser et placer des blocs. Je suis tané de passer mes journées miner, et quand je vais sur des serveurs muti, ca lag parce que j'ai 2Go de ram (je fais du 10 fps en solo et du 2 fps en multi). Mais en solo, très fluide!!!!!!
  68. Dec 22, 2013
    Highly original, massive fun with high replayability and an amazing modding community. Whilst the game may lack visuals, a storyline and contains numerous bugs, it is still massively addictive and fun. The fact that it makes up for these shortcomings (that would be big negatives in any other game) proves that the degree of enjoyment is truly extraordinary.
  69. Dec 20, 2013
    Is one of the best games i ever played. The graphics are pretty nice but the gameplay is the center of the game. IT'S AWESOME. But there is a problem in this game: there are a lot of 5-6 years old kids playing this game bad players. The updates are really heavy
  70. Dec 19, 2013
    This is one of, if not THE best game I've ever bought, i know single player gets really boring unless you have mods, but playing with your friends is what keeps this game going, multiplayer is really good as well but there are some lag issues depending on your connection and this is one of those games where lag can get you to rage quit, a really good sandbox, you can make some great structures on there, i think the only reason why people don't like it is that they look to the negatives, they haven't tried the good servers
    over all, great game, i recommend you try it out, look for mods you may like and some good servers.
  71. Dec 16, 2013
    Minecraft is a very cool role playing game. I often play it, almost everyday. That is because this game is very good. Graphics was also good even if all things were like polygons but the gameplay is awesome. I have created a blog post for my minecraft review and you can kindly visit it in ...
  72. Dec 14, 2013
    it is the best sandbox open world game, however is far too complex and luck is required in the current version 12/12/13, it will most likely end up that you no life this game or die and restart over and over until boredom this game was amazing back in the day of 1.7.2 when it peaked.
  73. Dec 14, 2013
    This is a game that I can't even begin to say how amazing it is. While bringing back the good old pixely graphics, if that's a word, you can make whatever your mind thinks of. Castle, Mushroom Kingdom, you name it. This game has infinite possibilities and with a creative mind, this game CAN'T go wrong. Also, the online multiplayer is just flat out AWESOME! You can play with a thousand people at a time! If you get this game, it will be extremely hard to not say: Just one more block. Expand
  74. Dec 12, 2013
    The PC version of "Minecraft" is fantastic. It's a brilliantly designed 3-D game. You can play by yourself and construct houses, explore caves and fight mobs. You can also play online and build together with your friends, PVP with other online players, or just explore the beauty of Minecraft together with friends. Definitely a recommended game for young and old.
  75. Dec 10, 2013
    Minecraft deserves a good score. It may be made out of blocks, but it's still a good game. Minecraft is a perfect example of gameplay over graphics. There is tons of things to do. There is not limits to what you can build. Some people think that all you do in Minecraft is mine. But really, there is so much more. Hunting, crafting, building, and of course, mining. With over 1,000,000 sales, this game really get a high score on lots of people's lists. The only major problem is the multiplayer servers. Big servers tend to have people and even staff that don't follow the rules, and makes it T or M rated instead of 10+, so I do suggest your child that may play this, have caution.

This game deserves my 9 out of 10 and a place on my top 3 games list. Don't pass this up people. you won't regret it.
  76. Dec 7, 2013
    Graphics 9/10
    Blocky but that's what makes it great
    Replay ability 10/10
    Infinite world, infinite hours of gameplay
    Gameplay 9/10
    You do whatever you want within the games limits
    It's a sandbox game
  77. Dec 5, 2013
    Pros: ● Infinite Worlds, wander endlessly, break or place anything, whenever you want, wherever you want. ● Always receiving updates, (new stuff being added), thus never becoming old. ● Great Graphics for its genre! ● Challenging in certain aspects. ● Suitable for any age. ● Easy to create a multi-player server and play with friends/ family. ● Plenty of building options ● Unique from other games, has no story, you make your own story.
    ● Very easy to download and install.

Cons:
    ○ Consumes too much resources on your PC.
    ○ Render Distance is too short.
    ○ Redstone creates lag. (i7 Intel Processors are the best for handling Redstone)

Copy and paste the link in your web browser to download and play the demo:: https://minecraft.net/
  78. Dec 1, 2013
    Minecraft is a great game, it has excellent gameplay and sure, the graphics aren`t top but ever heard the term "gameplay is better than graphics". This game completely describes this...Ill give you an example, would you want to play a 8-bit game like Legend of Zelda or Mario or play a game which is high def but is a game about Justin Bieber. You think about it.
  79. Nov 28, 2013
    A really great game! I have had this game purchased in 2012 Spring, and I still play it! The graphics are the style of the game! Plus you can change the textures of the graphics by getting texture packs/ resource packs, if you would like a more realistic theme.
  80. Nov 25, 2013
    Minecraft haven't conquered me in the pc edition, i like to play in the Xbox 360, even with all the mods that the PC edition have.
    Just like, you don't have any instruction, it's like mojang saying to you Learn by yourself !!!
    Altought if you know how to play, you are going to love it.
  81. Nov 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. While Minecraft is everybody's cup of tea, I doubt anyone can deny that it's an important step into new territory. minecraft has 3 awesome versions: pocket edition,xbox edition and the best of all,minecraft pc. Expand
  82. Nov 22, 2013
    Don't even get me started with Minecraft PC Game Legends loves Minecraft and we are addicted to playing it you'll have to be crazy not to like this game on all platforms mainly PC and Mac. I love every thing about the game the mobs, the imagination and the fact that there are no rules an you can do what ever you want to do with out any one saying you can't. This game gets a perfect ten without a doubt. Expand
  83. Nov 20, 2013
    This game is great, if you don't have it, why not? It's legos for adults. Not only is it fun to build and create, they constantly add more content to the game. Minecraft has been a game that I constantly go back to and find myself engrossed in days and weeks of crafting and building.
  84. Nov 20, 2013
    This game is amazing, with new updates every few months, that get rid of some old bugs. People complain about graphics, but there's more to enjoy, because you can do almost, or a lot of things that you normally wouldn't be able to do in any game you'd find.
  85. Nov 20, 2013
    I love minecraft good for building having fun and is way better then roblox and in minecraft it is all fun and no stupid ads always poping up and I love playin with my pals is the best game ever
  86. Nov 18, 2013
    Decent combination of exploration and building. I don't regret buying it for $12, though I only sometimes play it. It's lots of fun if you find a good server, and build a home, compound, or village with 2 or more friends, like in a LAN party setting. Playing alone can be somewhat tedious you might ask yourself "what am I doing, there is no objective, what objective should I make?" I confess it has those limitations, but with friends you can make your own objectives. So my advice.. play with friends. Expand
  87. Nov 17, 2013
    A fast and fluent endless world to build and create. Cheap price with no membership (as of this date), where you rightfully get what you paid for. An aspect of the game that was difficult to grasp was the multiplayer, which I feel is a big essential for "not getting bored" during a never ending game play experience. Of course, servers and what not have been well understood by many long-term players, but newer players (i.e. Me, when I first played) don't understand the server concept well enough to actually know how to connect themselves in other worlds. Mojang is aware of this, and rumors of implementing a new, easier to understand multiplayer system is in play. I think people of all ages should give this game a go, as it might be worth your while. Expand
  88. Nov 16, 2013
    This game gives to you total freedom: Play as you like, do the "job" finishing the game, or simply explore the world building big and strange houses! You'll love it, if you loved Lego years ago. It's an enormous and very fun sandbox game, that represents the top of Indie Games. VIRTUALINN.IT
  89. Nov 15, 2013
    This game is amazing and revolutionary. It changed the world. there has never been any game like this one before so I am giving it a 10. this is one of those games that you can play forever and never get sick of.
    highly recommending
  90. Nov 13, 2013
    this game is thought of as the best building game around by a lot of people but when you think about the fact that the graphics are bad you place down cubes and half cubes and its still thought of to be the best how low are you standards for a building game then.they have to be really low may be the best of its kind but its not a very good game still
  91. Nov 12, 2013
    it is an spectacular game. awesome grafics, awesome monsters, awesome materials, just one thing i dont like. to play multiplayer you need to pay 20 dollars!??! I know not all games are free but minecraft doesnt have a long gameplay. so 20 dollars is too much.
  92. Nov 6, 2013
    I'm going to come out of the Hedgerow of the gaming industry and really say the truth of what I think of this game, I don't like it I think it's boring I made a house out of mud, wow cool. I'm sorry They are blocks, I can easily make these 'Top' rated builds with my eyes closed, there's no still involved only placing of blocks and patience.

Mojang's games are terrible only Minecraft
    managed to shine because it's 'okay' hell i don't think it is and before you strike me down everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

I love multiple genres of games, this just doesn't shine off the dome I'm sorry, at-least i'm not getting paid to lie about how good it is.
  93. Nov 6, 2013
    This is going to be the most non-biased and detailed review you are going to read. I will talk about Minecraft, a pixelated, blocky, survival themed sandbox RPG that consists of creation and destruction.

I am going to start of with the graphics. I know it may look dated and pixelated, though the sheer idea is in a way, genius. No one ever thinks to make a pixelated 3D game, for one.
    There is like a line of separation between pixelated 2D and polygonal 3D. This makes it memorable. Secondly, it reduces lag. You claim it's a buggy mess. I tell you it's really not that bad. The bugs that are there are minor and being fixed by constant updates. You may think it was because they were indie developers and so they couldn't, or they were too lazy, but I tell you it wouldn't of been too hard to make it super polished. Still, you can choose whether you want to love it or ate it. You can add texture packs if you really dislike it, though you'd need a super computer for some of the better high-res ones.

Now, about the world. It's fully destructible. It's made of cubes. The former is the cause of the latter, because these were indie developers. I'm not saying they couldn't of, but they didn't. It definitely works, and makes exploration workable. They don't have Assassin's Creed type character movement, but the destructibility makes it workable. It means there is a type of strategy to what you do, and let's you get creative. The creation is good for the most part, but since it's made out of cubes, and they all have to exist on this 3D grid, it definitely creates spatial problems. For example, making a car like object is impossible, even though you can use minecarts, which needs to have rails placed before hand. In the end, it's still brilliant. You can create and destroy in Minecraft, as well as create functional things with redstone, Minecraft's electronics equivalent. This makes Minecraft the most creative game ever made, while letting you use strategy.

Minecraft has no story. You make your own goals, but there are challenging areas and enemies that have been implemented to help you make them. Singleplayer is fun and will keep you hooked, but multiplayer is just great. You will have some trouble setting a server up if you want to play with friends, but after the setting up, it's fairly easy to start it again. You can create traps in Minecraft, and it's good in singleplayer to fight enemies (that need better AI, although being worked on), but it's best when you use it in multiplayer.
  94. Nov 5, 2013
    This game is great, I'm highly addicted to it so don't get me wrong with lower than excellent rating. Not really mod friendly, or, not mod community friendly. Apparently the java is a devil to code with b/c each update requires mod overhauls; the mod websites are plagued with malicious coding to lure people to install browser hi-jacking software. How is this relevant you ask? Steam has a wonderful mod installation/update method, so at this phase in the games history, a Mahjong approval system is really a must, b/c this game can keep the entertainment flowing with a little more flavor in the vanilla. Expand
  95. Nov 4, 2013
    Minecraft is one of the most revolutionary games out there. The open worlds are AMAZING. There is so much to do now with 1.7 just came out. It is so worth the cash. Go get it now.
  96. Nov 3, 2013
    (Caution everyone who dislikes this is a 4-10 year old)

Now, where can even start? First of all Graphics are horrible. Second of all gameplay: NONE. 3rd of all the community is 4-10 year olds. SERIOUSLY, OVER 7 MILLION KIDS PLAY MINECRAFT. I could say over a billion bad things about this game. This game deserves a worse score than roblox.
  97. Nov 2, 2013
    [9.1] Minecraft is what you make it and much more. An incredible idea that was executed flawlessly, Minecraft is the best of its genre and can easily rival major titles. Minecraft proves that while simplicity might be requisite in an indie game, it can be used to make something much greater. It takes a massive world, a player, and produces an infinite number of solutions. Exploration is always overlooked in video games. Developers focus on things like mechanics, challenge, variety, interactivity, and visuals, but don't realize that if given an environment that allows players to freely conquer each of those aspects, their work is done. All a player needs is tools and the internet, because someone will gain enough interest in a game to learn everything about it, and the resulting cascade is a devoted fan base. Expand
  98. Nov 2, 2013
    I wrote before that this game is completely awesome and outstanding. Well, I got bored of it. It can be really repetitive when you play more like a year, almost every day. Still a good game, though. If you never played it you will love it.
  99. Nov 1, 2013
    This is the most overrated game I have ever played. It quickly got boring after a while. I swear, this is not where creation games should go. And the fanbase of this game is worse than the fanbase of CoD hating on every person who gives even the smallest disliking to this game. And worst of all, the terrible YouTube channels like SkyDoesMinecraft make this game worse.
  100. Feb 10, 2012
    MINECRAFT (V.1.0 REVIEWED): An indie game that you guys have been waited for. After playing the BETA version, I can't wait for the complete version to be released. Unfortunately there's a little disappointment here. Is it just me or the Minecraft is getting more RPG-ish? I mean what's with all these potions and boss battles? I just want a simple game that allows me to mine stuff and make my own mining company. I liked that kind of game, especially when it's in the First Person Perspective. Oh yes, there's the BuildCraft mod. I want that mod to be the whole game! I just want miners and assistant for me just to.. You know, mine stuff? I liked the idea of dungeons and abadoned structures inside the world, but the game just can't focus on the mining aspects, but instead it's focusing on Dungeon Crawling RPGs. I think that's what the game was supposed to be, but I want more mining options in the later version. That's my main problem in the game. But so far, it's an Okay game. I can't rate it higher because this simple game can't run in a simple netbook. So one suggestions to Mojang, can you guys built-in the Optifine mod inside the game? There are tons of mods that can fix the game and tweak the game too, but the Vanilla isn't a recommendation for you guys. It's addicting, but disappointing too. I'm sorry guys, I love you Notch, I love you Minecraft, but I'm expecting more than just a Dungeon Crawling Adventure. I want you guys to focus on Mining. That's all. [6/10] "Okay" Collapse

1. Feb 6, 2012
    The 1.0 version of the indie phenomena is still obviously unfinished and flawed in many ways, but it's so easy to forget that when you're building your dream castle, exploring scary caves and vast mountain ranges and having a great time in its blocky world.
  2. Jan 30, 2012
    While Minecraft may not be everybody's cup of tea, I doubt anyone can deny that it's an important step into new territory.
  3. Jan 29, 2012
    A must-play title - as much a part of videogaming as it is anything else. [Issue#118, p.102]