7.4

1. Feb 6, 2015
    this game is SO REPETITIVE IS KILLS MY BRAIN. you start a survival game get wood build a house, get stone, get iron and get diamonds. then it just gets really boring. also its for 9 year olds
  2. Mar 15, 2015
    Microsoft need to add a warning label which warns players that the game may become boring after months because the players would soon start to want to have more variety for the game until they release an update which adds a load of potentiality. It would have made sense to price the game for $9.99 instead of the overpriced $26.95.
  3. Mar 17, 2011
    Minecraft is just one of those games that has limitless possibilities. The basic concept can be described as a massive world of legos. From spawn, you can build whatever you want with the resources you find. Of course, there are many mods that allow people that arent so crazy about the scavenging for resources to simply build without obstruction. You can share your masterpieces with yourMinecraft is just one of those games that has limitless possibilities. The basic concept can be described as a massive world of legos. From spawn, you can build whatever you want with the resources you find. Of course, there are many mods that allow people that arent so crazy about the scavenging for resources to simply build without obstruction. You can share your masterpieces with your friends, or download user-created mini-games and puzzles within the minecraft universe. MInecraft is perfect for any one who is creative and enjoys building to expressive themselves. Unlike Lego's, we can play this without feeling (and looking) stupid. Expand
  4. Nov 20, 2011
    Fun and original. I have spent many hours building and exploring these randomly generated worlds. And with the ongoing improvements, I keep coming back for more .
  5. May 17, 2012
    If you play game just because of how pretty it is then you probably won't like this one. At first I was turned off by the blocky 80's look of the game. However, my son wanted it on the 360 so I got it for him. I sat down and played it for a while and realized it was a lot of fun. I then went out and bought the PC version. Yes, there are bugs. However, I haven't seen any lag yet orIf you play game just because of how pretty it is then you probably won't like this one. At first I was turned off by the blocky 80's look of the game. However, my son wanted it on the 360 so I got it for him. I sat down and played it for a while and realized it was a lot of fun. I then went out and bought the PC version. Yes, there are bugs. However, I haven't seen any lag yet or any FPS issues. As a sandbox game, it is a blast. Expand
  6. Jul 10, 2011
    This game is the best game i've ever played. I've been hooked on it for 2 years, starting from early alpha.
    Even better in multiplayer! I've had so much fun with this game. This review doesn't explain how the game is good, im just saying... YOU MUST GET THIS GAME!
  7. Jul 17, 2011
    Pretty damn hard to say anything bad at all about this game. I love building things even on the classic servers where there's no survival. I find the regular survival Minecraft enticing as well. I enjoy building shelters and waiting out the night. Maybe I just like sandbox games in general.
  8. Sep 1, 2011
    Minecraft is an amazing game that is updated frequently. Its definitely worth playing. The game play style is extremely addictive. I would recommend this game to anyone out there. The graphics arent a problem, in fact the graphics define minecraft and makes it unique. The graphics remind me of good games I used to play. The game is also very expansive and complex. The terrain is infiniteMinecraft is an amazing game that is updated frequently. Its definitely worth playing. The game play style is extremely addictive. I would recommend this game to anyone out there. The graphics arent a problem, in fact the graphics define minecraft and makes it unique. The graphics remind me of good games I used to play. The game is also very expansive and complex. The terrain is infinite and once an update has been patched, nearly every bug is purged from the game. It is easy to play and content is added frequently. Expand
  9. Dec 11, 2011
    Minecraft is a game that grabs you or revolts you. Of course, I can see how many people dislike how simple and dull the game may look. But too all of you who complain about the game's look, I say: Go back to playing Crysis. If you like hyper realistic but bland and repetitive games, fine. But don't dare to touch this gem of a game with your greasy, filthy hands, you spoiled, snotty kid!Minecraft is a game that grabs you or revolts you. Of course, I can see how many people dislike how simple and dull the game may look. But too all of you who complain about the game's look, I say: Go back to playing Crysis. If you like hyper realistic but bland and repetitive games, fine. But don't dare to touch this gem of a game with your greasy, filthy hands, you spoiled, snotty kid!
    Minecraft is simply the sandbox genre in it's purest form (yet). There is simply no limit to this game, literally and figuratively; the world you walk around in is endless, as is the creativity of both the player and the community (in the form of mods and custom maps).
    I have been playing this game endlessly, alone, with friends or on a big server with dozens of co-builders. There are no clans, no pvp maps, no strategic games... unless you want it to be.
    Whether you like to fight, build or socialize, it's all possible, because everything is possible in Minecraft.
  10. Feb 1, 2012
    In my opinion, Minecraft was fun and Notch was being a cool guy and listening to his fans and adding stuff on their opinions, however the fun stopped when the full game was released. The full game didn't have much news things then anticipated, just beta but with like 10 new things. Minecraft had its time in the sun at around beta when all was well and everything was fun however the "FullIn my opinion, Minecraft was fun and Notch was being a cool guy and listening to his fans and adding stuff on their opinions, however the fun stopped when the full game was released. The full game didn't have much news things then anticipated, just beta but with like 10 new things. Minecraft had its time in the sun at around beta when all was well and everything was fun however the "Full Game" was quite disappointing and that just made me think that it wasn't worth playing. I liked it for like 2 weeks but that's it; the game is still crawling with bugs and the promising "Full Version" was a complete let down. Expand
  11. Nov 21, 2011
    While this game is fun at first, it quickly loses it's steam. The developers don't take the game seriously, they would rather sit around in the office all day, playing games, promising features they never deliver on. It would be great to see a serious developer who isn't full of themselves take this game on and make it into something really great. It has SO MUCH potential. The onlyWhile this game is fun at first, it quickly loses it's steam. The developers don't take the game seriously, they would rather sit around in the office all day, playing games, promising features they never deliver on. It would be great to see a serious developer who isn't full of themselves take this game on and make it into something really great. It has SO MUCH potential. The only great thing about this game is the community, they have MADE the game with all the mods and support. The developer has simply profited off everyone else's hard work. Expand
  12. Nov 11, 2011
    Lightning + pig = zombie pigman. Need I say more?? Just an awesome game. So simple. So complex. So addictive. So going to go play it right now..........
  13. Nov 20, 2011
    Very Fun, yet simple game. Getting friends together, Getting some microphones, and collecting those precious resources to survive in your new habitat. mining for new materials, such as Gold, or Diamond, for making of the better tools, until you get the best of the best. then, it doesn't even end there! , until you finally have a tower 100 blocks high, and as far as the eye can see, youVery Fun, yet simple game. Getting friends together, Getting some microphones, and collecting those precious resources to survive in your new habitat. mining for new materials, such as Gold, or Diamond, for making of the better tools, until you get the best of the best. then, it doesn't even end there! , until you finally have a tower 100 blocks high, and as far as the eye can see, you dont end your journey! this game had me pre-occupied for hours upon hours This is truly and amazing adventure. BUT, it could be better. until it gets some sort of goal that needs achieving, such as a campaign, then that one point shall rest with me. I have faith, however, that soon enough there will a story line waiting for us. Expand
  14. Nov 21, 2011
    Gameplay: 8 - Great. Minecraft. Addictive? Yes. Deep? No. Minecraft's building mechanics are amazing, but the combat is terrible. However, the combat is hardly the focus. Minecraft is about diggyholeing, crafting, and creating. In those areas, Minecraft shines.
    Story: N/A.
    Story: N/A.
    Graphics: 6 - Okay. Minecraft's blocky style is great, and extremely endearing. However, the vanilla textures are so terrible that it is nearly nauseating. Even 16x16 texture packs vastly improve the looks of the game (Recommended: Painterly and Wayukian), and with higher-res packs, the game can look beautiful (Recommended: Dokucraft, LB Photorealism).
    Sound: 7 - Good. Minecraft is a scary game. The sound of a creeper is the most terrifying things on the planet. The music of Minecraft, however, is strange.
    Overall: 7 - Good.
  15. Nov 26, 2011
    Minecraft have it's flaws.The total lack of a tutorial and a better guidance for the player certainly can put some gamers lost in the vast world before them. However, what we have here is the birth of a new game genre which inspired other game developers to create similar games (the most famous is Terraria). Despite the blocky and pixelated graphics (or better saying: Voxels) Minecraft isMinecraft have it's flaws.The total lack of a tutorial and a better guidance for the player certainly can put some gamers lost in the vast world before them. However, what we have here is the birth of a new game genre which inspired other game developers to create similar games (the most famous is Terraria). Despite the blocky and pixelated graphics (or better saying: Voxels) Minecraft is another proof you don't need a PS3 or DX11 graphics to make a game good and entertaining. Sure, sometimes you get lost and bored when you don't know what to do, but as long you have a goal to do in this game it'll never get boring. Be building (or reforming) a home, crafting new items, spelunking the caves searching for rare minerals, wandering in the vast world or just creating or recreating a mansion or whatever you want to do in the Creative Mode.

Also despite the blocky graphics, Minecraft CAN scare you. Specially when you're venturing in the mines. Nothing more scaring than digging for minerals in a mine when suddenly you hear a "sssss" right behind you before you're victim of a explosion (and dies) or when you turn around a dark corner just to see a big and furry spider lunging at your face.

In the end, Minecraft is a game for creative and intelligent gamers who can see what lies behind a world made of blocked and "ugly" grafics. In my most honest opinion, if this game don't deserves a 10. Then no other game deserves it.
  16. Nov 27, 2011
    Maybe you're looking for a game and you've heard of minecraft. You might be thinking right now, "oh yeah, I heard it's alot of fun, a 95 on metacritic, AND all my friends have it!" The reality is, it's just not a fun game. I mean, yes, it is fun for the first time where you're wondering around trying to survive on what resources you can get - but after a couple hours you will stop andMaybe you're looking for a game and you've heard of minecraft. You might be thinking right now, "oh yeah, I heard it's alot of fun, a 95 on metacritic, AND all my friends have it!" The reality is, it's just not a fun game. I mean, yes, it is fun for the first time where you're wondering around trying to survive on what resources you can get - but after a couple hours you will stop and thinking to yourself, "WHY am I DOING this?" there is no purpose but to run around and dig all day. watch out, though, for there are npc's that will attack you! No worries though, for the combat is flawed and not fun, and you can easily get away by digging a hole in the ground. There are no tutorials - so you'll be spending your time watching YT videos of how other people do it - which is okay, no big deal, but that will spoil the fun for you and it will ruin the critical moment of the game. "What about the multiplayer? The mods?", you might be saying. While the mods might be fun and add SOME re playability, there isn't much too it, that goes for the multiplayer, also, because really what else could you do with the multiplayer? Oh - that's right, dig & survive. This game is fun for a couple hours but it is not worth $20 - or however much it is worth now. You will be severely disappointed. Expand
  17. Dec 28, 2011
    Besides the game looking 20 years old, it is merely Lego on your computer screen. Only 6 year olds should be playing it as everyone else should have grown out of the need to put block on other blocks to make a castle or boat which does nothing, but alas, many have not.
  18. Jan 2, 2012
    Don't be fooled by the media attention and hype surrounding Minecraft : It is an incomplete mess of a product - I'm not even calling it a game, it's only intention from day one was to line Notch's grubby pockets with more gold. The game is supposed to have a "retro" feel to it, it was meant to be a "fresh" new indie game which "innovated" the genre. Pay little attention to any reviewDon't be fooled by the media attention and hype surrounding Minecraft : It is an incomplete mess of a product - I'm not even calling it a game, it's only intention from day one was to line Notch's grubby pockets with more gold. The game is supposed to have a "retro" feel to it, it was meant to be a "fresh" new indie game which "innovated" the genre. Pay little attention to any review which uses any of these buzzwords. For anyone that played any games which could be defined as retro, you would understand that these games made best use of the graphics they had available to them at the time. Some of them could even be described as visual masterpieces. Minecraft feels like somebody who has never played a retro game in their life before and with little knowledge of the genre has rushed together an abortion of a better game. Every single video game is supposed to have a point, a purpose or a goal for the character or players to achieve. It could be as simple as "deactivating a bomb" or far more complex like the complete storylines found in many modern RPGs. What is the point of Minecraft? What is the player striving to achieve? Nothing. There is no point to anything in this game. Why are villages randomly spawned in the deserts? Can you even interact with the NPCs you find? You can't. There is no purpose to them whatsoever - If you attack them.. they do nothing... you cannot trade with them, they own no items and wander around aimlessly. If this game was still in a beta stage I could appreciate that this is work in progress. But it isn't... This is what the game developers actually want you to play.. this is the display of their talents for the world to see. The only pro of this game is the music, which although it is only a single track it is very soothing to dig away to in the middle of the night. Playing this game online with friends was supposed to be the clincher, but that really gets boring after a while, especially once you realise how poorly made the combat system is for this game. Even if every other aspect of this game was the same, if the developers had even bothered to introduce a decent combat system then I could appreciate this game for what it is, and even give it a better score. However the fact that the developers had left such a poor combat system - which was supposed to be one of the primary features of this game - seems to round this game off as a rushed product with no real intention of being decent. I recall retro games from the 1990s with hundreds of different combat features that wound the audience into the web of the games story. But minecraft only has ONE single click attack... that is it. You must beat your opponents to death with an array of different weapons (4 or 5 different coloured swords) and that really is it. Once you have a full set of Diamond armour pretty much any attacks made by NPCs against your character is made redundant and that makes the game far too easy - where is the replay value in that? Diamond armour can also be made only an hour or two into a game so there isn't even a challenging aspect for combat in this game. Expand
  19. Feb 1, 2012
    Minecraft is a creative and fun game. Unlimited world space. and you can build whatever you want in this game. Ive spend over 100 hours playing this game. Great job Notch!
  20. Mar 7, 2012
    I am going to give this game a 5/10 because it is a good game, but has shipped incomplete. Things have gotten better through patches, but the fact that it shipped incomplete is bad. My other issue with this game is that there is not a lot of enjoyment with single player, but most of the fun comes from playing with friends online. It has become an industry standard that a friends list isI am going to give this game a 5/10 because it is a good game, but has shipped incomplete. Things have gotten better through patches, but the fact that it shipped incomplete is bad. My other issue with this game is that there is not a lot of enjoyment with single player, but most of the fun comes from playing with friends online. It has become an industry standard that a friends list is included, however in this game it is not. A great game with some serious holes. Would recommenced this game to only people who I though would enjoy it. Expand
  21. Sep 10, 2012
    Minecraft offers a blend of creativeness, action and now RPG-like elements such as enchantments, experience points in a package game well worth the price. The additional modding community increases the content of the game tenfold. My only gripe is with how poorly this game runs due to it being written in java.
  22. Mar 25, 2012
    This is a very bad game, I have never played a game as bad as this one in my whole entire life, in addition this game looks like it was made in a day by a 2 year old. DON'T BUY THIS GAME YOU WILL REGRET IT !!!
  23. May 2, 2012
    Minecraft, when in BETA, was an incredible fun start to bringing old graphics back into the world. It was actually fairly stable too. But now since it's become more popular, Java has turned bad on it and now all the modifications and the community have ruined how it works. It's just not Minecraft anymore. Sorry guys.
  24. May 15, 2012
    A mediocre sandbox game with alot of potential that it never tried to live up to.
    The game lacks content instead giving you a bland sandbox to play in with nothing to do in the long term except play with lego blocks and find diamond.
  25. May 22, 2012
    Minecraft is sandbox in its purest form. You can do whatever you want or follow its small story line to defeat the Ender Dragon. You decide. One of the most fun aspects of this game is manipulating the mechanics to create insane creations. Honestly there is nothing that annoys me about this game besides that it has consumed many hours of my life. I'm giving it a 9 instead of 10 onlyMinecraft is sandbox in its purest form. You can do whatever you want or follow its small story line to defeat the Ender Dragon. You decide. One of the most fun aspects of this game is manipulating the mechanics to create insane creations. Honestly there is nothing that annoys me about this game besides that it has consumed many hours of my life. I'm giving it a 9 instead of 10 only because for those that don't have the sandbox mentality it is difficult to understand this game. It is pure sandbox and some gamers would like at least a little direction while playing. Expand
  26. Jul 15, 2012
    My feelings for vanilla Minecraft are mixed. The huge, limitless world is stunning, and the ability to create almost anything you want is awesome. I think the best thing about Minecraft is its endless possibilities, especially when you factor in the huge assortment of mods that have been made for the game. I would rate Minecraft with mods (Technic Pack, etc.) a 9/10, but vanilla MinecraftMy feelings for vanilla Minecraft are mixed. The huge, limitless world is stunning, and the ability to create almost anything you want is awesome. I think the best thing about Minecraft is its endless possibilities, especially when you factor in the huge assortment of mods that have been made for the game. I would rate Minecraft with mods (Technic Pack, etc.) a 9/10, but vanilla Minecraft is sort of becoming a real let down, as the updates are getting fewer and fewer since the game was released and without all the cool mods, vanilla Minecraft does start to get a bit boring. However, I still strongly recommend this game for its huge potential, and as for the graphics: who cares? I am a big fan of realistic graphics, but in my opinion, anyone that would ignore a great game just because of old graphics is a fool. Besides, Minecraft with realistic graphics would need a supercomputer to play. Expand
  27. Aug 16, 2012
    This game was revolutionary when it came out. It was original and yet retro with the basic graphics, however with later updates the game went downhill. Notch had good intentions when he started but he seems to have been corrupted by the money. The single player is fun enough to play but becomes boring somewhat quickly. Multiplayer held out some hope for this game with multiple players andThis game was revolutionary when it came out. It was original and yet retro with the basic graphics, however with later updates the game went downhill. Notch had good intentions when he started but he seems to have been corrupted by the money. The single player is fun enough to play but becomes boring somewhat quickly. Multiplayer held out some hope for this game with multiple players and plugins. The $10 beta price was amazing for this game but $30 is too much. However if you are good with computers Minecraft mods really make this game shine. They can range from fixing simple bugs, to adding new ores, mobs, blocks, and player modification. Which goes to show you that the community can make a game so much better for than the company. If you aren't good with a computer then this game is not worth it but with mods this game becomes absolutely amazing Expand
  28. Oct 2, 2012
    The FACEBOOK of level design. Facebook, and before that MySpace and web"blogs", made having your own 'webpage' available to everyone. Minecraft makes level or map design available to everyone. In the past this was limited to people who could understand the design tools for a given game. They've simplified it enough that everyone can create, and the people flocked to them, in some casesThe FACEBOOK of level design. Facebook, and before that MySpace and web"blogs", made having your own 'webpage' available to everyone. Minecraft makes level or map design available to everyone. In the past this was limited to people who could understand the design tools for a given game. They've simplified it enough that everyone can create, and the people flocked to them, in some cases not even sure why they loved this 'game' so much. Guitar Hero tapped in to that for music. The question we should each be asking ourselves is probably: what's the next creative activity that we can make so brain-dead simple, that we'll all want to do it? Because like my friend Thomas is fond of saying, "this isn't really a game, it's a system for tapping into a deep seated cognitive bias: that we all want to create."

Perhaps story writing can be simplified further. In a way, blogs, D&D, TheSims, Civilization, and Neverwinter nights have made that possible, but it isn't yet easy enough to link words, and music, and visual content. So are you going to be the next multimillionaire? Hopefully this will inspire someone.

(What shall we call it? Storycraft? BookBook? :))
  29. Jan 1, 2013
    This game is sure to be a standard in video game history. It has no limits, truly, to what you can accomplish. although down the road it does become monotonous and repetitive, the fact that this game is raw creation makes it a very powerful game and tool.
  30. Jul 5, 2013
    Minecraft is a unbelievable game with so much great game play. You can build whatever you want and battle monsters and go play with friends. Not to mention modding and the crazy server mini games like on the shotbow network. There's no end to what you can do! I find it hard to get bored of it!

With it constantly being updated, also being one of the highest selling pc games of all time, Minecraft is one hell of a game, and is worth the money!
  31. Aug 10, 2014
    First of all it's very lonely game. I am talking about single-player, of course. You can't get this sense of loneliness in any other game. And for me it's very enjoyable.
    Secondly, it's beautiful game. Not talking about graphics, but style. Rain, snow, night - everything is really well-made.
    And thirdly, feel of discovery is awesome.
    Its a great game and you should at least try it.
  32. Oct 21, 2013
    Minecraft gives you so many options on what you want to do. You can choose the creative side and build your masterpiece, or you can fight with friends and compete in mini games.
  33. Dec 7, 2013
    Graphics 9/10
    Blocky but that's what makes it great
    Replay ability 10/10
    Infinite world, infinite hours of gameplay
    Gameplay 9/10
    You do whatever you want within the games limits
    It's a sandbox game
  34. Dec 30, 2013
    The game is very fun to play and can become additive spending hours and hours playing it and it never gets boring, get a friend and start building your own world of blocks
  35. Jan 3, 2014
    This is an entertaining, very casual game. There are few limits on what you can do with this game and an Internet connection. Even without the on-line parts of the game, the game can keep you occupied for a long time. The controls are easy to learn, and the game is easy to understand. You are only limited by your imagination.
  36. Mar 8, 2014
    Este juego es la prueba de que un buen juego no necesita los super graficos realistas, circulos o esferas ni mucha complicacion solo un par de pixeles, cubos, redstone, minas y CREEPERS!
  37. Sep 28, 2014
    Welcome to the wonderland of blocks! Gather some wood, build you a house, and watch out for that creeper! This is the ultimate survival game where you build! Don't like to survive? Switch to creative mode, and build yourself some pixel art! Feeling lonely on your island? Set up a server or join somebody's server! Welcome to Minecraft!
  38. Mar 18, 2015
    Decent for 8years olds i dont like minecraft cant believe somebody watching minecraft omgomg look its SSundee but anywaylets get back to game
    Bad Stuff:
    -No Story
    -Whats The point building? There is no point building.
    -Looks very old.

-Good things:
    -Mods make the game a bit better
    -1.7.2 Version improoved the game.
  39. Jan 29, 2011
    This game is amazing! I really can't wait for this game to be fully released. At it's $14.98 US price tag, this game should not be missed. I am very surprised there are not hundreds or thousands of reviews for this game as popular as it has been recently. The creator has sold over 1 million copies of the game and it is still in beta! That is how great this game is. This game is by far theThis game is amazing! I really can't wait for this game to be fully released. At it's $14.98 US price tag, this game should not be missed. I am very surprised there are not hundreds or thousands of reviews for this game as popular as it has been recently. The creator has sold over 1 million copies of the game and it is still in beta! That is how great this game is. This game is by far the best indie game I have even played! A must Buy! Expand
  40. Sep 6, 2011
    Flawless. I can't even describe how much fun Minecraft is, and with the impending Adventure Update and Official Release I think it can only get better. It's truely the ultimate sandbox. Some people complain about the graphics, but that's nothing I found annoying. You have blocky pixels for a blocky game, if you wanted groundbreaking graphics then you should try Crysis 2. And if you aren'tFlawless. I can't even describe how much fun Minecraft is, and with the impending Adventure Update and Official Release I think it can only get better. It's truely the ultimate sandbox. Some people complain about the graphics, but that's nothing I found annoying. You have blocky pixels for a blocky game, if you wanted groundbreaking graphics then you should try Crysis 2. And if you aren't quite satisfied there are thousands of texture packs available for download. Expand
  41. Feb 1, 2011
    Minecraft is an excellent game, no doubt about it. The gameplay is simple yet completely addictive, enough so that most people can play it for hours and not get bored. However that being said, it's novelty will wear off after a while. There's only so many things you can do with a bunch of blocks. This game is definitely well worth the price of admission, though, because you will mostMinecraft is an excellent game, no doubt about it. The gameplay is simple yet completely addictive, enough so that most people can play it for hours and not get bored. However that being said, it's novelty will wear off after a while. There's only so many things you can do with a bunch of blocks. This game is definitely well worth the price of admission, though, because you will most likely play it for longer than most blockbuster titles while paying less than half the price. Expand
  42. Feb 26, 2012
    The game that basically has redefined the sandbox genre. You can almost do anything you want. I could rant and rave on what is good, but my favorable score show show that. I'm going to write the short-comings because people need to understand what they are gonna either miss or want.

Firstly, when you get in the game, you can do whatever you want, but that is a downside. For the not very creative people (like me), it is hard to keep playing the game when I don't have an end-goal to achieve. You can explore FOREVER and will get lost and if you die and are lost? Say good bye to whatever you were carrying.

Secondly, from the beta days to now the weekly snapshots, it has gone from a creative little world to an adventure mode that has again no goal. You can explore and find a village, but it doesn't necessarily help you. You can enchant weapons/items to help you, but it isn't necessary. It gives you freedom to do what you want, but with no guidance, what's the point?

Thirdly, Mods and add-ons. The game does a great job with allowing the player to do what they want, but it gets outrageous. They allow people to add their own texture packs, but not the mods to allow users to accomplish their personal goals quicker. For example, what if I am building a tower? I need a "flying" mod so I don't need to worry about falling and dying. Every update/release you would have to re-install the mods. I know Mojang does not specifically support the mods system, but since EVERYONE is using them, why not just add that in?

The multiplayer in the game is great, and can be amazing when you have a server filled with people who help each other, but you always get griefers who want to watch the world burn.
  43. Mar 28, 2011
    just to start you off, this game is AMAZING!!!! the concept is quite simple, yet even more effective than quite a few games, even games you have to pay $60 or so for. Though the single player is absolutely great for the first little while, it does eventually get boring, however, as most games do, the multi player makes it worth the $15 or $20 bucks you pay to own it for life. The best partjust to start you off, this game is AMAZING!!!! the concept is quite simple, yet even more effective than quite a few games, even games you have to pay $60 or so for. Though the single player is absolutely great for the first little while, it does eventually get boring, however, as most games do, the multi player makes it worth the $15 or $20 bucks you pay to own it for life. The best part of this game is how excellently it executes the creative side of your brain, you must think of how you make items using different items and in what pattern they must be in, or how exactly you can make a pyramid almost a third of a mile wide. Overall this game deliver something like no other ( except for dwarf fortress and infiniminer.) some may use an argument such as " oh, it is really pixely!!!" this is a comment which should be thought about, for each map is 8 times the surface of the earth which is 51,200,000,000 cubic meters... that would take low resolution in order to handle that much. Expand
  44. Jun 17, 2011
    Bad Graphics, Lame and Not worth my time when I have better games to be going on with are some of the comments I am usually associated with regarding this game. But Nieve people who believe this are sincerely misled, the graphics are what give this game it's unique retro feel and those of you out there who do not believe this do not give the game a chance which it very much deserves! TheBad Graphics, Lame and Not worth my time when I have better games to be going on with are some of the comments I am usually associated with regarding this game. But Nieve people who believe this are sincerely misled, the graphics are what give this game it's unique retro feel and those of you out there who do not believe this do not give the game a chance which it very much deserves! The general jist (if that's how you spell it) is to both Mine and Craft..Duh! You must mine the raw elements needed to advance in the game IE; Diamond, Iron and Coal. And then Craft tools out of these elements to use against fighting zombies, building houses and generally advancing through the game! Firstly you a spawned at a random spot in an infinitely random world which is always one of a kind. Your primary objective on the first day is to build a shelter and make pretty basic tools to copinside with the onslaught of various amazing mobs that are coming your way at dusk. The mobs consist of Creepers- Exploding Green Penis looking things. Skeletons- which shoot a lot of arrows at you from the darkness Zombies- Which are err...Zombies and Spiders- Which are spiders. Most of these can be seen while you are adventuring the countless caverns that are laid randomly underneath your world! So Overall An amazing game which offers countless hours of enjoyment without you even thinking about It.. A must buy! Expand
  45. Dec 31, 2011
    It features simple, intuitive, and interesting mechanics easily learned on the fly, yet it features an emergent depth of gameplay. I must say this game is a masterpiece even in this late alpha stage
  46. Aug 20, 2011
    There are never too many great building games. Minecraft is one of the best. If you played with legos in your childhood you've got to love this. The idea is simple, put blocks and remove blocks. This easy mechanism allows you to create whatever you want. And it's cheap too.
  47. Nov 24, 2011
    One of the best games ever made. The only reason it is really getting hated upon is because of its art style and updates. Both of which are nothing to complain about even if you don't like the game.
  48. Nov 24, 2011
    We are really close to the end of the world for this kind of game being appointed as the best PC game of the Year. If it was appointed for best game for your Windows 95 I would try to accept, because it's not a game, it's a tool. I don't see any elements that appoint this as a game, it's more like a 3d map editor with disguised monsters and horrible AI. The graphics isn't the problem, theWe are really close to the end of the world for this kind of game being appointed as the best PC game of the Year. If it was appointed for best game for your Windows 95 I would try to accept, because it's not a game, it's a tool. I don't see any elements that appoint this as a game, it's more like a 3d map editor with disguised monsters and horrible AI. The graphics isn't the problem, the "game" is the problem and such high metascore for a map editor... Well it's a joke. Expand
  49. May 7, 2012
    kiddies need to flame this game because it has bad graphics.

kiddies need to flame this game because it has bad graphics.

u never played diablo 2, nes, snes, c64 and this old things did you? u cant imagine how awesome minecraft is because u guys think its overrated without playing it for even one hour. just shut up kids and nonames born after 1980 and play your boring games that require zero skill and brain. minecraft is for the creative ones in our society, like me. but there are like 10% of humans only that can even imagine what to build in this game. dont be disappointed guys, you are just dumb people that cant imagine the great things you can do with this game. play your **** and shut the **** up if real gamers are playing.
  50. Nov 27, 2011
    This is just amazing, there is so many things you can do, but few updates then this will be completed. Minecraft maybe need story or something but community will help you mods, servers, texture packs, those is why this is so damn good and without those, this is still very good game.
  51. Nov 22, 2011
    BEST GAME IN HISTORY. A very creative game that takes long to get bored. It is huge open map where you can do anything, whenever i want for e.g i can even save in the middle of the map and then chose to join that map again. It's just amazing too amazing took me a long time to get bored of it and in the 1.0 full release everything i want is there
  52. Nov 23, 2011
    I'm one of Minecraft's earliest followers and players. It first came to my attention in the summer of 2009, and from the very first screenshot I knew this game has more potential than anything released in the past 5 years. It is such a shame most of the potential was wasted. The game was still on the right track in the first months of 2010, with /indev/'s release and the addition ofI'm one of Minecraft's earliest followers and players. It first came to my attention in the summer of 2009, and from the very first screenshot I knew this game has more potential than anything released in the past 5 years. It is such a shame most of the potential was wasted. The game was still on the right track in the first months of 2010, with /indev/'s release and the addition of crafting, fighting and resource-oriented gameplay. Unfortunately, from that point onward the game didn't change one bit. Sure, new blocks were added and mobs were created, but that is all just framework around the same shallow concept of building a shelter and mining for diamonds. If you enjoy legos, you'll probably enjoy Minecraft. If you seek a real GAME, or at least a decent resource collection and management game, you should look somewhere else, because Minecraft isn't for you. Expand
  53. Jul 11, 2012
    Minecraft... It's spread like some plague. Every kid on the block now loves Minecraft. diamond pickaxe this an' Yogscast that. At one point, I was one of those people but now, I've lost interest.
    With update after update Mojang put in little things, from TESTIFICATES (thats what I call them now :P) to new biomes, but to be honest, It isn't enough!
    If you don't know what Minecraft is,
    If you don't know what Minecraft is, you've probably been living under a rock, but for those 3 people...
    Minecraft is an open-ended experience where you wander around a bright and colourful world composed of blocks: this is a major characteristic of Minecraft because the game allows you to break the aforementioned blocks with tools to get materials. You can then use these materials to do whatever you feel like. At first glance it looks like a boner-fide lego clone, but then you see a skeleton ride a spider, then the lego comparison goes out the window.
    The game has you survive the dangerous night-time. monsters tend to spawn in darkness so when it gets dark, they come in packs. This is where you usually start to dig undergound to find important ores like iron and coal. If you're lucky you may find lapiz lazuli of even diamond. This gives Minecraft an addictive edge. You want to find diamond, but it's rare, so you gotta dig deeper and deeper and... deeper... ugh.
    since the official release the game now has mines and strongholds underground which gives a bit of spice to going down-under: you may find labrynthene, albeit very repetitive structures that you can explore and... not much else. they are just there, with not much of a purpose.
    The graphics are simplistic, but not distractingly so. true they can be a bit boring at times, but you can always just download a texture pack to resolve that. The music is great, full of atmosphere, but I do wish that there were more tracks. what's there though is fantastic.
    Y'see, I should like this game, but after a while, I start to get really REALLY bored. there's only so much building, wandering and scouring the undergrouth for materials I can do before it really wears on me. If it didn't for you, great but Minecraft in my opinion is WAAAAAAAY over-rated. the official release doesen't have enough new content to really call it a finished game.
    I know i'm not gonna change anybody's mind, because you have already dicided: you either love or hate the game. I fall somewhere in between.
  54. Nov 23, 2011
    Boring game made great by moders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  55. Nov 19, 2011
    Minecraft is not really a game. It's more like phenomenon. I can not really imagine person which has not heard of Minecraft. So far millions of people played it. I have watched it since January 2010 and first played it in November 2010. I have watched all the process of constructing and upgrading the game, and I guess I was one of the first thousand Poles who bought it. With thisMinecraft is not really a game. It's more like phenomenon. I can not really imagine person which has not heard of Minecraft. So far millions of people played it. I have watched it since January 2010 and first played it in November 2010. I have watched all the process of constructing and upgrading the game, and I guess I was one of the first thousand Poles who bought it. With this knowledge, i can really say it: alpha 1.2.6 was the best part of Minecraft, and it would deserve 10. But since then, adding incomplete stuff and ruining it's point have ruined it's final score, too. But, even therefore there's so many stupid and incomplete stuff (NPC's, villages, etc. etc.) I love it. I love it the damn outta it. It really is not a game; you can not say "Minecraft has bored me, I am leaving". You just open it sometimes and play. It's not like "I like it" or "I don't like it", since it's YOUR game. You decide what are you doing in your fantastic, randomly generated world and your own decision is, what you'll build, and what will you see. You can build, you can discover or you can kill everything in sight. Whatever you choose, it's your game and even if you don't like building, you can for example go and look for dungeons, and vice versa. It can never make you bored as if you'll get bored of something, you can always make something different. The point of my score (9 out of 10) is just because of Notch's decision to make it more RPG like than sandbox like. Yeah, you still can ignore villages and strongholds and keep building, but still it makes me feel like I'm playing incomplete Diablo clone than 100% complete, full and enjoyable sandbox game. I enjoyed 1.2.6 alpha more, but 1.0.0 release is still, by far, the most enjoyable game... ever made? Maybe. That's because the possibilities are endless. If I'll ever get bored of this game... I'll do something else in my beautiful world. Funny, how 9 out of 10 game is more enjoyable than games I've rated 10. And I feel really bad of having incomplete game as the release version. But now... back to my mine. Expand
  56. Nov 28, 2011
    Le jeu est vraiment bien programmer, c'est pas une tuerie en design mais il à son charme. Et niveau programmation ça déchire ! Merci Notch

Notch expensive, I buy your game Minecraft via the website Paypal, but requires your system to register a credit card that I do not Posed. I have a Paypal account but no credit card. Is it possible to pay with Paypal Minecraft?
    Paypal email?
    Thank you kindly answer me because I'm looking forward to playing Minecraft.

Sincerely,
  57. Nov 15, 2011
    Highly enjoyable, especially with modding capabilities, making it a go-to game if you're bored. Although, for a game with quite simple graphics, some computers might not handle the fun of this cube shaped piece of indie legend.
  58. Jan 17, 2012
    This game is incredibly fantastic. It's a game of creation and imagination. You can build anything you want, so long as you have the resources for it. That true to life scale of the arc de triumphe feels much more amazing, knowing you carved out every block for the resources, and built it yourself. Although, if you're shy of the work, there is a creative mode; like a much more fun andThis game is incredibly fantastic. It's a game of creation and imagination. You can build anything you want, so long as you have the resources for it. That true to life scale of the arc de triumphe feels much more amazing, knowing you carved out every block for the resources, and built it yourself. Although, if you're shy of the work, there is a creative mode; like a much more fun and interesting game of virtual legos. All in all, this game is as awesome as you are. It gives you the tools, and removes the barrier to entry to create whatever is in your imagination. I love this game. And the replay value is limitless. Expand
  59. Nov 21, 2011
    minecraft is any amazing game but it lacks in few areas.
    Graphics: 8 the graphics are more artistic than realistic and it pulls it off great except for some occasional areas,
    Gameplay: 9 the gameplay is near endless with mods and many other options this area does suffer from bad optimazation and bugs. Sound: 7 the music is great for this game but the sound affects due lack alot.
    minecraft is any amazing game but it lacks in few areas.
    Sound: 7 the music is great for this game but the sound affects due lack alot.
    Multiplayer: 8 the multiplayer is just really you with other people building it is fun but noting groundbreaking.

Overall: 8 it is a great game for the creative person but bugs bad optimization and poor sound effects due bring it down. the game is really hard to review for if you are creative you will love it but if you need graphics and intense action then no it;s not so great. this is a indie game and it should be rated as one not a big budget title.
  60. Nov 22, 2011
    Minecraft has established itself as one of the best games of this gaming generation. Over the last few years it has accumulated a worldwide fanboyish cult following, including millions of gamers. I have played it since the Alpha stage, through the Beta and now I enter the famed 1.0.0. I have built hundreds of castles, explored thousands of dungeons and have had the adventure of a lifetime.Minecraft has established itself as one of the best games of this gaming generation. Over the last few years it has accumulated a worldwide fanboyish cult following, including millions of gamers. I have played it since the Alpha stage, through the Beta and now I enter the famed 1.0.0. I have built hundreds of castles, explored thousands of dungeons and have had the adventure of a lifetime. Nothing can describe the satisfaction of finding diamond, nor the disappointment of rebuilding your house after a creeper attack. But now, I can put the game down and not play it again. For the people experiencing Minecraft for the first time, it will seem like a masterpiece, and in some ways it is. But for every seemingly perfect feature,there is a plethora of annoying glitches to accompany it. This is why I have rated it at 7.

For the people who are prepared to spend hours on this game, building, mining and exploring, I encourage you to buy it. But for those who are expecting to dips their toes in Minecraft and nothing more, don't bother. The be all and end all is: the more you put in, the more you get out.
  61. Dec 2, 2011
    Minecraft is the most diverse game I have ever played, it allows you to be creative! People who take Minecraft down are the people who saw the textures and said "no". Even in textures you are free to do anything. From pigs to the hideous creepers and ghasts. And from dirt to obsidian. Minecraft is a game that can not bore you; as soon as you get bored, you just add a new mod or two and youMinecraft is the most diverse game I have ever played, it allows you to be creative! People who take Minecraft down are the people who saw the textures and said "no". Even in textures you are free to do anything. From pigs to the hideous creepers and ghasts. And from dirt to obsidian. Minecraft is a game that can not bore you; as soon as you get bored, you just add a new mod or two and you will see an entirely new side of the game.

To make a long story short: of all great games out there, Minecraft has the best price-quality ratio. Buy it today!
  62. Dec 6, 2011
    **** Awesome game and a success for Indie game developers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  63. Dec 14, 2011
    At first, while looking at the screenshots, you may think : "What is this pixelated and blocky piece of crap! How can people POSSIBLY like this game!?". That was my first reaction to this game. But once you do decide to give it a go, you'll find it's much more than a pixelated game.

Minecraft is a sandbox game. There are no scripted objectives, no "go there and get me this and that". There are many RPG elements such as armour, enchanting, and potions, as well as the old hotbar. There's also the survival element (if you choose to play survival mode). But minecraft is more about doing it your way. You can choose any playstyle, not constrained by pesky quests or classes or objectives. There are no restrictions. You can feel free to do whatever you want. Want to make a giant LolCat picture? Sure, go ahead. Even open world games like Skyrim can't give you this amount of freedom. It's even better when playing with friends, building giant structures together. If building isn't your thing, you can go exploring for dungeons or monster hunting.

And of course, the modding and mapping community is basically what makes Minecraft one of the greatest games of all time. There are countless mods for almost anything you can think of. From advanced machines to cool magic and wizadry mods, mods make Minecraft have a limitless amount of replayability. Not the mention the plethora of custom maps and adventures that are like playing an RPG.
  64. Dec 30, 2011
    MineCraft was the best game I've played when I first bought it when beta first released, but it's gotten really boring. I remember I'd play the game non-stop and then updates began to come slowly and the updates added something maybe cool, but managed to bug and ruin something else or didn't really do anything at all (I mean an update like 1.5 to 1.6 not 1.7.0 to 1.7.1). As a ton of peopleMineCraft was the best game I've played when I first bought it when beta first released, but it's gotten really boring. I remember I'd play the game non-stop and then updates began to come slowly and the updates added something maybe cool, but managed to bug and ruin something else or didn't really do anything at all (I mean an update like 1.5 to 1.6 not 1.7.0 to 1.7.1). As a ton of people have said, setting up a multiplayer server is terrible. Mojang, the creators of the game, throw the server software at you with little to no instructions. Sure they maybe some tutorials on YouTube and it may be very helpful but sometimes it just confuses you to the point of frustration. In summary, fun game for quite sometime but eventually will get boring and multiplayer is very weirdly setup. The game, all in all, didn't feel worth the 20 bucks I paid. Expand
  65. Jan 3, 2012
    I was going to give this game a 10 but the block for 10 got blown up by a Creeper so it'll have to do with a 9+ A very fun game that is great for relaxing and planning vs the frantic intensity of an FPS or hack and slash of a dungeon crawl in Skyrim. This game is great for relaxing, and building something cool but also with the planning so your creation doesn't get destroyed. MinecraftI was going to give this game a 10 but the block for 10 got blown up by a Creeper so it'll have to do with a 9+ A very fun game that is great for relaxing and planning vs the frantic intensity of an FPS or hack and slash of a dungeon crawl in Skyrim. This game is great for relaxing, and building something cool but also with the planning so your creation doesn't get destroyed. Minecraft appeals to both the old school gamer and the new gamer, it's more of a thinking person's game but is also friendly to the casual gamer if you don't want to risk having your creations destroyed. All in all a fun and enjoyable game to play. Expand
  66. Jan 4, 2012
    minecraft is a little bit fun but the graphics are terrible, its just blocks and bits of rubbish , cheap and not good also very unrealistic because i could just put a random block in the middle of the sky
  67. Jan 6, 2012
    The survival mode is fun the first night, when you have literally nothing but your bare hands and a small hole in the ground you dug up to hide. After that, its downhill. The game never gets harder and the enemies never get smarter. Your complex set of booby traps, amazing rail system to your escape bunker, and stores of supplies you've gathered to "weather the storm" are overkill. That'sThe survival mode is fun the first night, when you have literally nothing but your bare hands and a small hole in the ground you dug up to hide. After that, its downhill. The game never gets harder and the enemies never get smarter. Your complex set of booby traps, amazing rail system to your escape bunker, and stores of supplies you've gathered to "weather the storm" are overkill. That's when you realized you are tired of playing this game. That's when you realize you wasted quite a bit of money. Here's hoping that a future update will improve the survival mode! Oh wait, Notch says his "lawyers" say he can't guarantee our purchase covers future content. Good game... Expand
  68. Feb 8, 2012
    The reason that this game is so popular is because it seems incredibly fun in the first few hours, first few days, weeks, etc., but the fun doesn't last. You run out of things to do almost immediately, as there is hardly any content besides playing with blocks. A novelty idea, but not a good game.
  69. Feb 13, 2012
    One of those games that is good, but for largely intangible reasons. In truth, most of what minecraft promises to be is not lived up to, but the awesome sense of freedom and knowing that the world is randomly generated; that no one, not even the game's creator has seen the exact world that you're in before is a very appealing feeling. The ability to craft, create and build is theOne of those games that is good, but for largely intangible reasons. In truth, most of what minecraft promises to be is not lived up to, but the awesome sense of freedom and knowing that the world is randomly generated; that no one, not even the game's creator has seen the exact world that you're in before is a very appealing feeling. The ability to craft, create and build is the hallmark of the game, but there are still too many frustrations in the final build for me to recommend the game without some reservations. Definitely worth a look, just don't expect too much. Expand
  70. Mar 14, 2012
    This game Is absolutely revolutionary. However I cant give it a 10 because of the new pointless NPC villages and the new world generation. Still a great game though
  71. Feb 24, 2012
    If you have many idea's and if you are creative, this game is a good game for you^^
    I think, the multiplayer is better than the singleplayer. It's funny to build big things with your friends.
    But there is one thing i hate: Java!
    The FPS are jumping between 30 and 500. Graphics are very bad in the year 2011/2012. But if you install a Texture Pack and Shaders, it doesn't look so bad.
  72. Mar 23, 2012
    Not even a real game... Buy a real MMO or RPG! It has the worst graphics ever seen, hell, Jet Set Willy & Monty Mole put this to shame! The fact that so many foolish people hype it up is in itself scary, if you like Lego and are about 7yo you'll probably love it!
  73. Mar 20, 2012
    This game is the most boring piece of **** ever it gets boring after 10 or5 minutes all you do is build **** the graphics are to retro enemies randomly spawn this game is utter **** its just a fail and a abortion of a game
  74. Apr 6, 2012
    Many people miss the point of what Minecraft truly is. Sure, Minecraft in of itself is a fun game that allows people to explore their imagination and build whatever comes to mind, but what has truly given Minecraft its significance over the years is it's fantastic community. No other community has been able to offer as much extra user-made content as this game. That's what really makesMany people miss the point of what Minecraft truly is. Sure, Minecraft in of itself is a fun game that allows people to explore their imagination and build whatever comes to mind, but what has truly given Minecraft its significance over the years is it's fantastic community. No other community has been able to offer as much extra user-made content as this game. That's what really makes Minecraft shine over other games. The game's simplicity allows you to do what you want with it. Expand
  75. Jun 6, 2013
    Minecraft is a game of freedom, survival, crafting and building. The graphics are simple, still good. Everything is built up from pixelated blocks. There is a nice day/night cycle, randomly generated terrain with hidden dungeons, underground cave systems, huge oceans, hills, swamps, villages, and with lots of other biomes and areas. In normal survival mode, you start basically withMinecraft is a game of freedom, survival, crafting and building. The graphics are simple, still good. Everything is built up from pixelated blocks. There is a nice day/night cycle, randomly generated terrain with hidden dungeons, underground cave systems, huge oceans, hills, swamps, villages, and with lots of other biomes and areas. In normal survival mode, you start basically with nothing. You need to collect resources, craft tools, clothing, hunt, and explore new areas and visit other worlds. There is an ending for the game, so it is not just for nothing.

Redstone is an other really cool feature, you can build traps, complex machines with it. It is a really nice, unique feature of the game.

Also there is an unlimited creative mode, where you can build and create without limitations. You can generate normal and flat world in case you want to build on a flat area.

As much the game is, there are large amount of flaws in it. One of the frustrating factor is it is still very badly optimised. It lags sometimes like hell, You should say, get a better PC, but to be honest, I saw better looking and well working similar programs, that ran much better and had nice, high resolution textures. So the code is unoptimised, and also buggy. With all the updates we get some new content also lots of new glitches. That's sad.

There are still not enough mobs (creatures) in the game. My other problem is the sounds. The game lacks of nice environmental sound effects. I would be happy with cricket sounds at night, birds tweeting, and other nice environmental sound effects.

Multiplayer is much more enjoyable than any modes of single player. Unfortunately, it can be also glitchy sometimes. Don't think about major glitches, but they're still there. Also there is no server browser, which would be a nice feature.

In multiplayer, there are much more possibilities, also there are non-official servers programs that gives great expansion for the game as permissions, better tools for editing the world, add shops into the game, make PVP arenas, etc...

Good news, there are lots of modders and there lots of mods out there, however, modding is not supported by Mojang (the creators of the game). Some mod APIs are already done by modders, gives possibility to play with mods in both single and multiplayer!
    For 1.6 there is a Modding API in plan, that will give official support for mods. I can't wait for that!

So in overall, Minecraft is a unique experience, if you can live with the graphical limitations, but I still feel the game unpolished and unfinished.

If I was reviewing 1.0 (or 1.7.3 Beta, which was my favorite), maybe I would give it a higher score, but I think the game is going slight downhill, the updates are not really large progresses at all, they doesn't really fix some basic problems, the optimization is bad, and it has some basic issues.
  76. Aug 20, 2012
    The developers sat around a table one day and made a bet.
    The developers sat around a table one day and made a bet.
    One guy said to another «Hey! I'll bet you $100 that I can come up with a really STUPID IDEA, CHEAP RETRO GRAPHICS, REPETITIVE GAME-PLAY, LACK OF CONTENT, LIMITED ACTION video game title that will entice millions of idiots to play it as if it were the next best thing to sex with 4 women at a time! I bet you that people who can't tell the difference between a good RPG and a dog turd will LOVE my game and hype it up to no limits, getting other weak-minded individuals to play it endlessly! I bet we could overprice it, under-develop it, sub-maintain it and no one would give a crap! I bet you that the graphics could be SO BAD that it will make ASCII based games on the TRS-80 in 1981 seem like next-generation DirectX 11 games! I'm willing to bet you that NO ONE will figure out that we're basically laughing our asses off at them to liking it! I bet you we'd be able to MINE their pockets and CRAFT a real piece of dung title!»
  77. Sep 7, 2012
    Minecraft deserves a 10 out of 10 because its essentially the first of its kind. No other game I have ever played is even remotely similar to Minecraft. The old style of graphics, huge worlds, infinite possibilities of creation, unique enemies that attack at night, farming, mining, swimming, exploring, setting up defenses, etc. This game is a big bundle of random fun. It's also anMinecraft deserves a 10 out of 10 because its essentially the first of its kind. No other game I have ever played is even remotely similar to Minecraft. The old style of graphics, huge worlds, infinite possibilities of creation, unique enemies that attack at night, farming, mining, swimming, exploring, setting up defenses, etc. This game is a big bundle of random fun. It's also an excellent babysitter. Seriously set a kid up in a Minecraft world they wont leave the computer. All jokes aside theres no other game that really intrudes on Minecraft's genre. If I were to define "Sandbox" I would say "Minecraft". On top of being fun in Vanilla this game is veryyyy easily modded. Technic pack is one of my favorites because I don't actually have to mess with Minecraft's files. It creates it's own directory. Although Technic does add a whole new meaning to the word "lost". Overall I've had a lot of fun with my blocky creations and because of an internet cap I can't play multiplayer. (I'm so jealous of unlimited internet... We can only get Verizon's 4g mifi where we live..) Anyways that's my review happy crafting :D! Expand
  78. Nov 8, 2012
    Minecraft is an amazing game. Infinite, procedurally-generated terrain, that makes the game never ending and forever entertaining. It gives you the opportunity to build anything and everything, except circles. It has redstone that allows for circuitry to make amazing machines, survival version to make it challenging, and an almost infinite modding capability for those who figure it out.
  79. Mar 26, 2013
    It's a wonderful sight to see another indie game shoot up to the top of the gaming industry, and Minecraft is no exception. This is a definite buy for any gamer, as it provides something unique to the open-world RPG/ adventure genre. The sky is the limit!

Off the mark, most people will know Minecraft for its unique graphical style. Blocks make up every object in this game, and the simple, yet brilliant art-style ties straight into the core gameplay. Running Minecraft is easy- the requirements are extremely low, and with a good gaming PC, I've run this game at well over two-hundred frames per second (that's fast). However: Minecraft is not brilliantly optimised due to its low budget, so expect some very major slowdown when you crank up the settings. 9/10

In the way of story- there is no definite experience. Your story will be personal to you alone, and nobody's adventures will be quite the same, although there isn't a way of tracking what you've done so far by means of recording gameplay, a feature which many people would enjoy. 9/10

The game has a very distinct sound design, which delivers around five or six memorable tracks that play at random intervals. An introduction of some new pieces would be nice to hear, though, as the repeating soundtrack can begin to go stale after a while. Sound effects are also good, but their repetitiveness sours the aural experience a fair amount. 7.5/10

But where Minecraft excels the most is in gameplay. When a player first starts their Survival Mode world, they'll have to chop down trees, craft a crafting table and quickly get to work crafting objects and tools to keep them alive, and safe from the evil enemy "mobs" such as exploding Creepers or bow-wielding Skeletons that attack at night. From here on in, the player is left to do basically anything they want, mining underground for better resources with crafted tools, farming plants and animals to eat and pet, and creating almost anything imaginable with blocks. Minecraft is a completely open world, there for players to explore and adore. 10/10

And if the stellar singleplayer wasn't enough, a multiplayer mode is also available too! This holds the most issues in the game, but will last you even more time. All the servers in Minecraft are private, meaning that you'll have to look up which games are free, type in the IP address of the server, and only then be able to play games. The process is frustrating, and so is making a server (which is free, but needs downloads and looking up to be able to make one), but it pays off when you finally get a game. There are varying player versus player and co-op gametypes that will keep you and your friends entertained together, and all can be found on the Internet. The addition of voice chat would be welcomed, and it isn't yet in the game as of the time this review was written, but a chat bar is sufficient enough. Overall, though, Minecraft is a stand-out multiplayer game. 8.5/10

Altogether, Minecraft is a brilliant must-buy for gamers of any age, and really brings something new to the table. Updates are common, and they give definite improvements every time, the art style is great, the gameplay is unique and the game can literally be played forever. Minecraft easily earns a 9/10.
  80. Jan 21, 2013
    after seeing the review total of a 7.1 i was confused how it could be so low, but then i realised thats what it truly was. If i were to say minecraft was not and incredible game i would be lieing, but the key word there is WAS. Minecraft started out simple, elegant, and an amazing game. However, the turning point came with the add ons. Alchemy, Enchanting, the end, all it did was hurtafter seeing the review total of a 7.1 i was confused how it could be so low, but then i realised thats what it truly was. If i were to say minecraft was not and incredible game i would be lieing, but the key word there is WAS. Minecraft started out simple, elegant, and an amazing game. However, the turning point came with the add ons. Alchemy, Enchanting, the end, all it did was hurt minecraft. It was a game that lost its point and turned from a simple peaceful farming game into a tolkin RPG with farming element. Expand
  81. Mar 21, 2013
    I have been with Minecraft for most of development, and I must say it has gone a long way. Minecraft is a game like no other, the creative potential is unlimited. You can play the survival mode, witch is harder now on Hard mode, or you can get into creative and build anything you can imagine! Multiplayer works smoothly now, and the community online gets better by the day. The game hasI have been with Minecraft for most of development, and I must say it has gone a long way. Minecraft is a game like no other, the creative potential is unlimited. You can play the survival mode, witch is harder now on Hard mode, or you can get into creative and build anything you can imagine! Multiplayer works smoothly now, and the community online gets better by the day. The game has changed drastically, and I believe for the better. Minecraft is the single best game I have ever played, and I have played a lot. In my opinion, this game; no, this masterpiece, will live forever. Expand
  82. Apr 30, 2013
    I've bean around since alpha and have sill bean playing it so about 1 year of me Sitting at my computer playing, That's allot of game-play and its a very small file No pay DLC the updates are free! with new things and That's what i love about it
  83. Dec 29, 2013
    Minecraft is probably going to be the hardest thing to review because sometimes the community pushes me to call it a horrible game but sometimes it can be addicting so well i'll give it a 5 because the developers are making horrible decisions with a game that has much potential. But it's not entirely the devs fault Minecraft is a 6 to 12 year old magnet and since the devs listen to theMinecraft is probably going to be the hardest thing to review because sometimes the community pushes me to call it a horrible game but sometimes it can be addicting so well i'll give it a 5 because the developers are making horrible decisions with a game that has much potential. But it's not entirely the devs fault Minecraft is a 6 to 12 year old magnet and since the devs listen to the people who don't actually know what their talking about we have a game that's aging very quickly for the people like me who have played it for 3 years. Expand
  84. Jan 23, 2015
    *Graphics* No wonder so many Resource Packs have been created, being the graphics so bad. Whether such bad quality was for laziness or choice, the community had to supply what the developers didn't. Some people might like the retro atmosphere.
    *Sound* The soundtrack is just ambient music, which is seldom played, by the way. The noises monsters do are somewhat nice, and useful to recognize dangers. Sounds of crafting, mining etc. are appropriate
    *Game* Despite the continual updating and feedback, it's the community for the most part who creates what the game lacks. The absence of a tutorial of any kind forces to check the Wiki countless times; when not constantly checking the Wiki, I completely forgot that certain recipes even existed. The nice part is that one can modify the world as desired: (almost) every block is breakable, and reusable for whatever building you have in mind. Complex and bizarre mechanisms are possible thanks to the redstone components, and that's great.
    The success it had created a fervent community, but lazy developers. Overall, I would recommend the game if played on multiplayer and with the appropriate mods added.
  85. Sep 17, 2013
    Minecraft is simply amazing, create anything you want from blocks, or fight zombies, or gather resources, whatever you want to do you can!

I didn't want to buy this game, I got talked into it and I must say its some of the best money I have spent in gaming recently.

Updates are frequent, but what really makes this game amazing is the modding community.
  86. Oct 11, 2013
    Okay. So, Controversy I see. Well, this game has plenty of things to do, great survival, though it is slightly over priced. I think they should at least put it down to $15 to $20 dollars, but I'm not saying "don't get the game. It's a spectacular game that involves good combat, realistic things (some things are crazy). Even though it looks horrible graphics-wise, graphics aren't theOkay. So, Controversy I see. Well, this game has plenty of things to do, great survival, though it is slightly over priced. I think they should at least put it down to $15 to $20 dollars, but I'm not saying "don't get the game. It's a spectacular game that involves good combat, realistic things (some things are crazy). Even though it looks horrible graphics-wise, graphics aren't the biggest thing ever. It was supposed to look like this, and it's still being updated with tons of new things. It's currently in version 1.6 (Post-Beta) and is being updated soon. It's also out for the Xbox 360, PS3, and coming out for the PS4. Expand
  87. Nov 22, 2013
    Don't even get me started with Minecraft PC Game Legends loves Minecraft and we are addicted to playing it you'll have to be crazy not to like this game on all platforms mainly PC and Mac. I love every thing about the game the mobs, the imagination and the fact that there are no rules an you can do what ever you want to do with out any one saying you can't. This game gets a perfect tenDon't even get me started with Minecraft PC Game Legends loves Minecraft and we are addicted to playing it you'll have to be crazy not to like this game on all platforms mainly PC and Mac. I love every thing about the game the mobs, the imagination and the fact that there are no rules an you can do what ever you want to do with out any one saying you can't. This game gets a perfect ten without a doubt. Expand
  88. Oct 29, 2013
    Truly awesome, epic and wonderful, Minecraft is like the boredom buster on my life and I will not stop from playing this first-person sandbox creative game! Minecraft is certainly the best game I've downloaded from my computer, has cute mobs like ocelots and cats, evil mobs like blazes and ghast, bosses like Wither and Ender Dragon and has awesome texture design!
  89. Jan 25, 2014
    I loved Minecraft 2009-2011, but then the community peed on me. On me and a lot of other players. It got demolished by these "youtube stars". Stars, but about to go supernova. Please, stop, its disgusting. About the game, it was fine until you play a lot of it, not its so horrible. Best was around 1.8, then it was ****
  90. Mar 6, 2014
    Minecraft is one of my favorite games of all time and i can explain why, first the graphics. Though the graphics are blocky they have a certain charm to them that can not be explained. The gameplay is a lot of fun taking different twist to sandbox games unlike games like GTA and Saints Row instead of running around killing people you create buildings which can take up a lot of my time.Minecraft is one of my favorite games of all time and i can explain why, first the graphics. Though the graphics are blocky they have a certain charm to them that can not be explained. The gameplay is a lot of fun taking different twist to sandbox games unlike games like GTA and Saints Row instead of running around killing people you create buildings which can take up a lot of my time. The music is great especially the piano pieces. and the multiplayer is my favourite part of this game with the community creating several games modes which is fun for all. Overall, Minecraft is a wonderful game that every PC gamer should experience once in their lives 10.1/10 Expand
  91. Apr 5, 2014
    The open world, and the idea on this game is fresh.
    The simulation is great.
    But dont hope for a great graphics.
    Play for the gameplay.

This game contains tons of hours of play.
    And its a very very good game for your children creativity.
    Even adults build a working old flip flop computer simulator on this game.
  92. Jul 14, 2014
    **New Review**

**New Review**

Okay hmm, where to start. Well, minecraft is a fun, openworld game with lots of possibilities. Server developers and modders seem to do more work than the actual game developers. The AI is laughable, because modders can make massive, scaly dragons or gigantic pumped zombies. The supposed 'creator' of this game spends more time on vacation than he works. I myself own a MC annual 2014, and the mojang people have a pinball machine which they spend more time on. They think themselves cool but really their not. Minecraft is a amazing game, which has skyrocketed in sales. But "Notch" promised things he couldn't deliver, such as a CTF. After the game was released, he basically dumped the game on Jens (or Jeb). The only reason I play this game is because of the mods and servers people make. Minecraft Singleplayer gets incredibly boring. While minecraft mod makers can produce a mod in two days, BAM you have massive dragons, fire breathing trolls, a brand new varirety of weapons, food, tools, ores and even a portal gun! But the developers keep us every time we log onto minecraft staring at that same screen, the same screen all the time. The only ever updates they produce are bug fixes. They promise a amazing "1.8" but they just keep adding and adding and most people won't be able to support their game. Surprisingly, you need a pretty good computer to run the good parts of minecraft, such as Amplified, servers and a Custom World. If you want to have a bit of fun, then I would defiantly recommend this game. But for the hardcore gamer, this isn't for you.
  93. Nov 16, 2014
    The reason Minecraft is simply flawless is because it is a canvas for anything really. Survival Mode is constantly fun and Creative Mode is fun for building.

However, when I first began playing it, I was clueless to mods and texture packs and custom maps and the game got very boring. I eventually learned about installing them and that got me back into the game but that's just a warning for anyone buying the game. Also, if you find yourself bored...Technic Launcher!
  94. Jan 1, 2015
    I can't understand why people do not like this game. Minecraft is a forum of creativity that anyone can join in on even if you're not creative. If you are creative, then you can build and have fun in normal Minecraft. If you aren't, there are thousands of custom maps, mini-game servers, and mods as a result of Minecraft's popularity. This game is more than just "digital legos". In regularI can't understand why people do not like this game. Minecraft is a forum of creativity that anyone can join in on even if you're not creative. If you are creative, then you can build and have fun in normal Minecraft. If you aren't, there are thousands of custom maps, mini-game servers, and mods as a result of Minecraft's popularity. This game is more than just "digital legos". In regular survival you have to work towards building up resources for each build that you do and sometimes you need to make sacrifices on design for protection against mobs or because you don't have access to that material yet. Expand
  95. Jan 20, 2015
    better than the xbox version has more stuff doesnt lag during multi player alot of stuff that is better than this and everyone kows it i am sure of it
  96. Feb 9, 2015
    In my honest opinion this game IS overrated , and i'm saying this after i had been playing it for the last year . When i started it was very fun , that's because you had absolutely no idea of what was going on , you didn't know how to craft things and what to look for when you start on a new world . At this point the game is a blast to play , many biomes waiting for you to discover them ,In my honest opinion this game IS overrated , and i'm saying this after i had been playing it for the last year . When i started it was very fun , that's because you had absolutely no idea of what was going on , you didn't know how to craft things and what to look for when you start on a new world . At this point the game is a blast to play , many biomes waiting for you to discover them , tons of mobs and generally you get the feeling of being defenceless while you have a constant urge to keep going and going until you discover something new . Until there really isn't anything you haven't discovered . Techically you can build anything you can imagine but after a while most people just don't get the same amount of satisfaction from it . To be fair this game is the king of this sandbox-type games genre but after a while you realise that it doesn't really offer you anything anymore . To this day , i still visit minecraft once in a while in hopes of falling in love with it again but i always end up leaving the game after 5 minutes . Nevertheless , Minecraft will have a soft spot on my heart as it was one of these games that i really enjoyed but in the day . Expand
  97. Oct 18, 2010
    One of the best games I've ever played and it's still just in alpha.
    While it might not look like much it's one of the most exciting games I've played, it features endless possibilities for exploration, adventuring, crafting, building and shaping the world around you.
    One of the best games I've ever played and it's still just in alpha.
    It can also be hysterically frightening in a panicky kind of way, when you've just mined a bunch of high value ores down in a deep and dark cave and suddenly run into a bunch of monsters.
    It's very hyped at the moment, but coming from someone who bought it earlier this year I think it deserves all the attention it's currently getting.
  98. Apr 21, 2011
    The difference between this game and other sandbox games is that you have to work hard to find what your looking for. Sure, you could coat yourself in golden armor and wield a sword of diamond, but you will need to turn an area of land the size of Hawaii to find it all. Which sets it apart from other similar games, with the fact that, while your free to set your own goals in this game,The difference between this game and other sandbox games is that you have to work hard to find what your looking for. Sure, you could coat yourself in golden armor and wield a sword of diamond, but you will need to turn an area of land the size of Hawaii to find it all. Which sets it apart from other similar games, with the fact that, while your free to set your own goals in this game, like in all sandbox games, it isn't all given to you. You feel a great sense of accomplishment when you finish one of the goals you set for yourself. The system of achievements giving you a general idea of what you can do in this game. Let your imagination roam free, just make sure it's back by dark, always be back home by nightfall in Minecraft.

The largest complaint I hear about this game is that the graphic are poor, I could not disagree more. Only the cobblestone texture is poor. Nonetheless, a remedy exists for all graphic centric people, this is called "installing a texture pack". Texture packs are commonly found on the popular Minecraft forums, and there is one for all sorts of tastes, though a nice one to find out what you think looks good in Minecraft is the Painterly Pack (http://painterlypack.net/). The website allows you to customize the various textures in Minecraft, there are at least for different texture options for any given block or item in the game.

I highly recommend you buy this game, though don't be surprised if you fall prey to the "Minecrack" and stay up until 1 A.M. on your search for diamonds.
  99. Jan 1, 2011
    An addictive, simple, yet beautiful game. If you are someone who judges a game by it's graphics, then you will probably dislike this game. However every gamer knows not to judge a game by it's graphics, as a game can be rewarding in different ways, and indeed Minecraft is. A tiny sized game, that has huge potential, and is going to take the world by storm.
  100. Nov 26, 2011
    Minecraft is a uniquely creative game. In fact, almost all of the gameplay is based on harnessing your creations to survive. The fate of character is fully up to you. With so many things to do it seems like it would take an endless amount of time to completely explore the world of Minecraft. However, the game felt slightly repetitive too. I found myself going on to online servers for aMinecraft is a uniquely creative game. In fact, almost all of the gameplay is based on harnessing your creations to survive. The fate of character is fully up to you. With so many things to do it seems like it would take an endless amount of time to completely explore the world of Minecraft. However, the game felt slightly repetitive too. I found myself going on to online servers for a more interactive approach. The online is really enjoyable also but it too is not perfect. There are risks to playing online: "grieving" which can be annoying. Also I have had a server crash on me a few times. Both single player and online Minecraft are fun enough to keep you playing for hours, if not days or months. The game design is fun with a 8-bit look. It is easy to learn while playing and controlling it isn't hard. Overall, the game doesn't deserve and perfect score but I would DEFINITELY recommend it to anyone looking for a new game. Expand

1. Feb 6, 2012
    The 1.0 version of the indie phenomena is still obviously unfinished and flawed in many ways, but it's so easy to forget that when you're building your dream castle, exploring scary caves and vast mountain ranges and having a great time in its blocky world.
  2. Jan 30, 2012
    While Minecraft may not be everybody's cup of tea, I doubt anyone can deny that it's an important step into new territory.
  3. Jan 29, 2012
    A must-play title - as much a part of videogaming as it is anything else. [Issue#118, p.102]