7.4

1. Dec 12, 2013
    The PC version of "Minecraft" is fantastic. It's a brilliantly designed 3-D game. You can play by yourself and construct houses, explore caves and fight mobs. You can also play online and build together with your friends, PVP with other online players, or just explore the beauty of Minecraft together with friends. Definitely a recommended game for young and old.
  2. Dec 8, 2011
    The simplest of ideas are often the best. A great idea and value for money. Players can look forward to many improvements and possibilities in the future of Minecraft. Highly recommended.
  3. May 25, 2011
    If you haven't bough this, buy it now! This game has 3D pixels for graphics, and the maps are made of FREAKING BLOCKS! Multiplayer is a hit because you can build with your friends or with a 16-year old Scottish dude. Simple but marvelous gameplay makes this one of the best PC games in my opinion.
  4. Dec 29, 2012
    Minecraft is the best game on the PC. Building for free is great and Survival is excellent. I thought because it was pixelated it was bad but when i played it it was satisfying and really excellent fun
  5. Nov 23, 2011
    I have never had so much freedom in a game and Minecraft deserves its high praise because it is near limitless. The simple controls yet addicting gameplay makes Minecraft one of the best indie games out there. Want to build a house? Minecraft can do it. Want to build a castle? Why not? Minecraft can do it. This game is fun as hell and you will never get tired of it as long as Mojang brings out newly updates for more enjoyment. Buy it now. Expand
  6. Nov 2, 2013
    [9.1] Minecraft is what you make it and much more. An incredible idea that was executed flawlessly, Minecraft is the best of its genre and can easily rival major titles. Minecraft proves that while simplicity might be requisite in an indie game, it can be used to make something much greater. It takes a massive world, a player, and produces an infinite number of solutions. Exploration is always overlooked in video games. Developers focus on things like mechanics, challenge, variety, interactivity, and visuals, but don't realize that if given an environment that allows players to freely conquer each of those aspects, their work is done. All a player needs is tools and the internet, because someone will gain enough interest in a game to learn everything about it, and the resulting cascade is a devoted fan base. Expand
  7. Nov 20, 2013
    This game is amazing, with new updates every few months, that get rid of some old bugs. People complain about graphics, but there's more to enjoy, because you can do almost, or a lot of things that you normally wouldn't be able to do in any game you'd find.
  8. Jun 4, 2012
    One of the most brilliant game ideas ever. The world is infinitely sized, and every small change you make to any small block in this world persists. Every structure you build, everything that is made. Put that on multiplayer and you literally have cities of creation. The underground is huge to explore, digging tunnels and discovering things is sick. The crafting system and incentive to find minerals add tons of longevity to the game, and goals. You must have a creative mind to grasp this game, there are no "quests", you are simply but into an infinite world to interact with it as you wish. People not finding entertainment in this just goes to show they have no imagination or creativity whatsoever and they are themselves unable to forge an epic experience from the never seen before sandbox that has been given to them. This game has blown my mind. The point lost is due to the unfortunate lack of quality in character control and mechanics and lack of polish in many areas of the game, had it been taken more seriously or made by a more professional team. Thirdly, the game could have run much faster if better coded. Expand
  9. Nov 30, 2011
    Originally, Minecraft didn't deserve the criticisms thrown at it. 'Lame graphics'-nah. There delightfully retro, and look great in this decidedly modern world. But, after the game FINALLY got out of beta, it's now been criticised of not fulfilling it's enourmous potential. I'd argue it's done a lot-massive, devoted community, multiple biomes, tons of blocks. This isn't the end of Minecraft though. It will continue to be updated. Improved. Refined. It rocks all kinds of awesome now, but in the future, it will be unstopable. Er, just don't hold your breath. Expand
  10. Mar 29, 2014
    Minecraft is an amazing game. I remember hearing about it online and looking at what you can do in this game and when I finally got the game I was not disappointed a bit! I love the gameplay in this game both in survival and creative mode. I love survival because it gives me that feeling of exploration of going to build and craft things, fight monsters, go mining and when you complete hard tasks it can feel very rewarding. I also love creative mode because it's the opportunity to go around a create things that are huge and beautiful with almost no limitations; some things in creative do take a long time to make but when I am done they are very rewarding as well. I also love the music in this game and some of the atmospheres; however I will warn you that there are some really creepy things in this game. Overall, Minecraft is a masterpiece! I really wish people wouldn't bash this game just because they may call it too "mainstream" or something like that. The game is great, It also great to come back to this game after not playing it for a while. Trust me, I started playing this game back in 2012 and I am still playing it a lot today in 2014. Expand
  11. Jul 6, 2013
    This is the game that made indie gaming so popular it is really good while the graphics aren't realistic they are memorable and not dull but interesting the exploration is really encouraging and will keep you engaged the unlimited creativity is what makes this game excel. Then there are all the mods and texture packs.
    The Bad
    The multiplayer is hard to set up
    Java is slow
  12. Sep 7, 2011
    The 2nd Best Indie Game EVAR!!!!!
    Apart from the fact that sometimes it's hard to come up wih something to do, so a bit too free for all, this game is the best 3d indie game, like a 3d (WHYDOESHEKEEPSAYINGTHREEDEE???!!!) 8 bit game. At night monsters come out and try to KILL YOU OF DEATH and the whole game is an amazing experience. Because there is no point of the game (that sounded...
    negative) there is no actual replay value, which means the game is infinite!!!! (Once I craft everything that's what I call completion...)
    Anyways:

+ Me likes graphics
    + It goes on forever
    +Mods, texture packs and more
    + Only in Beta: Imagine in November when the game is released... HEAVEN
    - Sometimes confusing...

95%
  13. Apr 21, 2011
    Minecraft is the best game I have played in years! Having just taken out a 6 month sub playing Rift (which Iâ
  14. Feb 10, 2011
    Minecraft is a far too addictive game especially online.

You can build everything and everything from Hogwarts School to whole Kingdoms if you wished and the best part is that its available for download meaning you HAVE TO GET IT RIGHT NOW!
  15. Dec 13, 2011
    This game is the best game for computer it is awesome !!!!!! I play it all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is totallty worth playing!!!!!!
  16. Nov 26, 2010
    It's PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The environment is creative and the building and mining is interactive and addictive.
  17. Feb 27, 2012
    Honestly, the user reviewers can be some of the most annoying people I've ever seen. Half of them are members of a fanbase who are angry because of one trivial thing the developers did. The only reason why this game doesn't bear the 10.0 user score it so rightfully deserves is because a bunch of fans got upset with some decision Notch made or something and so they spammed negative scores. It's bad enough that Spore, a great game, has a 4.6 user rating because people were upset that they didn't get the 2005 Spore. That being said, Minecraft is probably one of the most intuitive ideas for a game that I've seen in a long while. It's a good example of how a huge idea can derive from a simple concept. This is true art at its very finest. Expand
  18. May 9, 2013
    I don't understand the negativity towards this game. This may be the most inclusive game I have ever seen. There is something for everyone. If you like surviving in the wild, there is the survival game mode. If you like building, there is creative mode. If you like building complicated machines and working with wiring, there are modpacks such as Tekkit and Voltz. If you like PvP, there are hundreds of Hunger Games servers, Search and Destroy servers, etc. If you like playing Call of Duty or Battlefield, there are servers for that as well. There are maps made for RPG play too. Anything you want to do in Minecraft, you can, so go buy this game as it is much less expensive than most other games. Expand
  19. Oct 18, 2013
    A true gaming legend in it's late days glory.
    You won't find great graphics here, no robust voice acting, no storyline to follow and no rules to oblige.
    What you get is a limitless virtual sandbox, where you can mine resources with a pickaxe in one minute, just to jump into a multiplayer TDM modern guns fight the next.
    The vanilla experience in itself is great, but true strength of
    Minecraft lies in modability&multiplayer.
    There is massive amount of content provided by Minecraft's high modability (there are probably more mods to this than Skyrim and flexible multiplayer with dozens of different ideas for servers ranging from 10 player survival sandbox through medium RPG-themed servers to colossal 400 players (yes the number is right four and four zeroes) PvP faction servers.
    The creative aspect of this game is it's biggest perk just google "epic Minecraft buildings" if you want to see what I'm talking about here. Amount of user-created buildings and maps is so mind-boggling it hurts my brain to just think about it (check out planet minecraft there are tons) !
    While poor graphics may deter you at first, you will quickly learn to love it, as usage of such graphics allow the great freedom player has in Minecraft.

There is no other game like Minecraft it created it's own genre and legend. An absolute must-own.
  20. Jan 27, 2014
    I know, I know, I am incredibly late on this one. I've played Minecraft for years now, and it is not only a game that revolutionized the Gaming Industry and especially the Indie industry. It is one of the most addictive, rewarding experiences you will ever play.
    If you haven't play Minecraft, what the hell are you waiting for? And trust me, the PC version is the one you want. First,
    almost every computer in the world runs it, you don't need a megalodon with high-tech specs to run the game. Second, don't **** about graphics. Minecraft is a beautiful game. It's blocky art stile is charming, and seeing a sunset for the first time with the eclectic piano music behind is just mesmerizingly beautiful.
    The objective in Minecraft is to survive. Or at least it is in "Survival" mode. As you progress through the game, you will progress in things like building a house, hunting monsters or going to hell. Everything can be for nothing in a blink of an eye (When you are dead, YOU ARE dead). You must orientate yourself in the random generated world, find shelter and food, and protect yourself from the creatures of the night. At moments it is thrilling, at moments scary, at moments funny. You never know what is going to happen in a typical Minecraft day.
    Then you have "Creative" mode. In this mode, you can do whatever you want with the blocks you want. Build a giant diamond mansion, and why not shape it like a yatch? How about farming zombies? The limit is literally your imagination.
    Minecraft also offers a multiplayer service. You can either play with friends or join a server to play something with the community. Want to play Hunger Games, Block Hunt and many other games with people from all around the world? Then the multiplayer experience is perfect for you. The variety of things to do and see is amazing.
    Minecraft is easily one of the jewels of this generation and of gaming history. It isn't ambitious and still, it feels like the biggest-scaled game ever made. It is always updating, expanding to keep things fresh, and it truly is the Indie Game that revolutionized the industry.
  21. Jun 27, 2012
    Minecraft is, put simply, one of the greatest gaming experiences of its generation. For gaming enthusiasts everywhere, this is a must to have in your collection. You may be a Call of Duty guy, running FPS games all day, or you may be a Starcraft 2 kind of strategy guy. Or maybe an MMORPG WoW type of person, organising raids with fellow nerds - but Minecraft is the kind of game which brings lovers of all genres together in one experience. In fact, that's the best way to describe it. It's more of an experience than a game, and an experience which is different to each unique user.

As an aside, the User Score for this game genuinely brings shame on the Metacritic system and undermines the point of a user based aggregate score. Trolls, go back under your respective rocks.

9/10 - A gaming experience not to be missed.
  22. Apr 29, 2011
    To respond to all criticism: Graphics. They're that way to make the game cool and retro. If the graphics were better, the game would lag severely and Minecraft would be unplayable. Gameplay: You make your own fun. Pretend you're stuck underground and the rescue party won't come because everyone thinks you're dead. You have to force your way out and you try not to die. Just a thought. Building an awesome house. Go out and fight the mosters. Tame a Wolf to be you pet. I'm always finding these underground waterfalls and lavafalls. You get the sense that you're going where no-one else has gone before. Bugs and Glitches: This is an indie game that is massive. Ok. Some bugs are major and they suck. Moving on! This game is overwhelming if you don't know what to do. Use the Minecraft Wiki to help. Build a house and go out mining and exploring. Build a massive minecart track. Sometimes, a nice little tune would play to ease you up a bit in tough situations. Bottom line: It's a triumph of Indie gaming. It's up there with the games that started out small and turned huge like the classic Donkey Kong, World of Goo, Braid and many others. A modern classic, hands down. I'd like to give it a 9.5, but I can't... Expand
  23. Nov 28, 2011
    This game is more than a game, it will suck in your life and force you to become one of the square people, you will start to relate everything in real life to stuff in minecraft, some people are saying this game is bad because "its a game where you move around blocks, its digital legos" Well guess what folks, you can choose between creative mode or survival mode! so its more about surviving than building, not to mention the huge amount of servers that all have their own cool game modes, another complaint is : "there is no goal!" Yes there is, you can build a portal to the final boss called "the ender dragon" so THERE is a goal, I could also say that guess what : ITS A SANDBOX GAME, IF YOU DONT LIKE SANDBOX GAMES, then dont play minecraft, yes, after you have done everything it CAN get boring and you wish you could get that feeling of discovery whenever you craft a new thing out of blocks, but its a rather cheap game in comparison to other titles, also, one may say that terraria is better than minecraft, I would debate that they are incomparable because terraria has ALOT of unbalanced garbage in it, but everything in minecraft has a purpose and is balanced to a very good extent. Such as melons being easier to farm but wheat can be used to get your more animals (etc) or stone pick axes are better at mining huge areas than iron pick axes but iron picks pick faster, etc. The people who are voting this game down dont like sandbox games and cant see beyond their own gameplay perspectives, Geoffory2 says "this game is repetitive and boring" well its an opinion. You cant state opinion without evidence. Dont forget that this game is very unique in comparison to other titles, seriously, give this game a shot because its a master piece. (but only if you like sandbox games) if you dont like sandbox games then dont buy it, its as simple as that. Some people are marking this game down for the modding community working faster than Notch (the game creator) WHATS THE PROBLEM WITH MODS? MORE CONTENT FOR YOU.Some say "OMG THE GRAPHICS SUCK, THIS GAME IS SO GAY" well guess what, those people are COD aid infected idiots, because minecraft was not meant to be a very graphical game, graphics are extra credit really, nothing more. Also, it does NOT perform terribly if you simply dont set everything on highest settings, yes folks the rules still apply because JAVA is a REALLY REALLY BAD ENGINE.
    If there are any problems with this game, its that notch worked so slowly to get everything right before it was released, but that does not matter now!
  24. Mar 6, 2012
    Very hard to talk about as a game, which may be the 9/10. But I have put tons of hours into this and watched it evolve from alpha, to beta, to release and get better and better. A lot of fun if you like building stuff, if you are a MW3 fan, then you might want to stay away.
  25. Jul 30, 2011
    Simply the best virtual Lego simulator out there complete with monster pieces and crafting recipes! The best deal/hours played ratio that I could ever imagine...
  26. Mar 17, 2012
    Simply put a lot of fun. I never gave this game a try until a year after it was first announced. The idea never seemed to intrigue me. A friend than asked me to play with him. Next hing i know, i had no job and my social life had deteriorated. I built an entire city with a friend, with sky bridges and castles, and a mining underground reaching the lowest depths of the game. I built armor, i had a water elevator and everything. This is the ultimate co op game and if you have a party it is even better. Expand
  27. Nov 24, 2011
    I was introduced to this game back in December '10, and it was explained to me as a "never ending world made of cubic meter cubes where you can build to survive attacks from creatures and excavate to upgrade tools." I nearly s*** my pants when I heard this because I've been looking for a game that had vast terraforming capabilities ever since I played Red Faction (the first one) where you could make your own tunnel with rocket launchers. I bought the game, started it up, looked at the graphics and was disappointed, but my friend told me "just give it a try, it'll grow on you." I've been playing 11 months since then (off and on). The saving grace to this game is the modding community, without it I would be bored to death, but since the developers programmed in functionality to be modded (with a simple programming language, mind you) I am including the online community while rating this game. I host my own server, my friends join with me, and we have an RP world made with mods, and a Survival world made legit. That's the fascinating thing about this game, is that it is made to be a single player survival game, but unintentionally has practically turned into an MMO with all of the online modding capabilities. Idk if it's fair or not, but i docked a point for the speed of Majang's work, I've been in beta for 11 months and haven't seen much added. Sure there's a big list of core changes to the game in the last year, but month-to-month it's actually not that much. Keep in mind that I am rating this as an indie game, as if this were a fully financed corporate project then I would rate this a 6, due to lack of content, but for a small team of developers, the fair price (comparative to a typical game), and the online community, this is definitely deserving of at least a 9. Expand
  28. Nov 23, 2011
    Best game ever created... bad graphics? WHO CARES? the gameplay possibilities are almost infinites! Awesome.... thanks notch ... keep up the good work :)
  29. Nov 23, 2011
    amazing game, you should already know about it. not without its flaws, but probably the best building game i've played in YEARS. or maybe since legos.
  30. Feb 10, 2012
    For creative types, one of the best video games to be released in many years. The ability to tear the world down and build it again as your own makes this game well above the typical creativity-based games out there today. I don't think a game has ever made me more excited to build since the first Sims game: highly recommended for anyone who enjoys gaming in general, well worth the purchase price (I also can't understand why there is so much user hate...the game is half the price of the usual crap that's sold today) Expand
  31. Nov 23, 2010
    when people ask me what is minecraft, i reply "its a game where you mine and craft"
    well. all i can say is iff a game has sold over 600,000 units, and is currently in Alpha and is currently FREE then this proves that minecraft is one of the best, most creative games you will play in a long time. a downside, (which isnt really a downside) is that it is addictive. really really addictive.
    one you start playing, you will not stop, either by creating new stuff or by perfecting existing creations Expand
  32. Nov 16, 2013
    This game gives to you total freedom: Play as you like, do the "job" finishing the game, or simply explore the world building big and strange houses! You'll love it, if you loved Lego years ago. It's an enormous and very fun sandbox game, that represents the top of Indie Games. VIRTUALINN.IT
  33. Nov 27, 2012
    It's really hard to review a game like Minecraft because Minecraft is a game of what you make of it. The only limits in this game are the limits of your own imagination. Graphically, in Vanillia, it's hard to rate. The simple blocky graphics are charming and endearing to some (myself included) whereas super ugly to others. But if you find the vanillia graphics ugly, download and install one of the plethora of user made texture packs. I guess it is easy to criticize the simple combat mechanices, but again, this game is what you make of it. Most Minecraft hardcores don't play the game to have a fight, we play the game to build and socialize (if playing on a server). Any review is going to be 100% biased based on the users personal experience with the game. What I'm trying to get across is don't listen to any of these reviews. If you're interested, buy the game and play it for yourself, and create your own experience. This game is a breath of fresh air in today's gaming industry, and I can wholeheartedly recommend that you at least give it a try. Expand
  34. Nov 23, 2011
    I change my opinion about Minecraft. Back when it was 1.6 or 1.7 it was hard to find lots of cool things to do when you built a awesome house, had diamond weapons and armor, etc. Now, at the full release, we have leveling up, hunger, creative mode, hardcore mode, and so many other new features to keep you glued in your seat.
  35. Nov 24, 2011
    The game offers original concept and total freedom, while access to the code itself allows modders to do literally anything. This game is an ultimate sandbox and while it may not be equally fun to everyone (certain I got bored pretty fast), it is hands down brilliant.
  36. May 14, 2012
    One of the best games I've ever played. The only things that annoys me are the various bugs and the fact that it is written in Java making it unplayable on older computers. Especially the restone circuitry is buggy as hell. The same circuit has a different behavior if you flip it horizontally (face it to another direction) like the EW and NS axis matters in how redstone works. Also various other very old bugs still exist for some reason. To be honest I'd prefer someone fixing those to adding cats to the game (which were so lovable of course). Would be 10/10 if it didn't have those bugs. Expand
  37. Nov 20, 2013
    This game is great, if you don't have it, why not? It's legos for adults. Not only is it fun to build and create, they constantly add more content to the game. Minecraft has been a game that I constantly go back to and find myself engrossed in days and weeks of crafting and building.
  38. Dec 10, 2012
    This game expands the creativity of the gamer to a whole new, breathtaking level. It has great music, controls, and a simple design. You can build anything you want and it makes you feel all the better because you made it, you earned it, you work for it.
  39. Jul 9, 2013
    This game is one of the greatest things god has ever gave us on the PC period. It just blows my mind with all the blocks you can use to build amazing things! if your reading this I recommend this game hard core get this game right now. Trust me you will not be disappointed.
  40. Feb 16, 2012
    This game is vastly entertaining with nearly endless possible activities and modding ability. Setting up a modded server with friends will no doubt be endlessly fun if you make full use of the mods. This is a HUGE step in the right direction for games. To hell with graphics, give me content!
  41. Nov 21, 2011
    I dont know whats up with the people that is scoring this game 0 because of the graphics. AS far as i know the "my score" slider is to rate the game NOT THE GRAPHICS. Now, people writting about repetitive gameplay... how a sandbox game can be repetitive? only will be repetitive if you want! Why dont you go fishing? hunting? farming? this game isnt about breaking and putting blocks! I like this game, i play alot and sure, has lots of bugs, but they're working on it. 10/10 hatters gonna hate. Expand
  42. Sep 14, 2011
    Very, very addictive game and this is one of the best game of 2011 and one of my favorite. You can create your ideal world oneself or with friends. This game is for everyone. I started play Minecraft 1 year ago and play now. New version is really great. I advice this game all creative people...... or everyone ;) Rate 10/10.
  43. Jun 2, 2012
    I have to give the user score a boost here, a lot of hateful trolls are trying to make it look bad.

Minecraft is what you make of it, and if you suck at making good things, then the game is going to suck for you. But that doesnt make it a bad game. You just suck.
  44. Nov 4, 2013
    Minecraft is one of the most revolutionary games out there. The open worlds are AMAZING. There is so much to do now with 1.7 just came out. It is so worth the cash. Go get it now.
  45. Jan 26, 2011
    Minecraft is a simple game with simple mechanics and simple graphics but its very fun and addictive. The game is not a complete game is being updated once in a while. I can't really say anything negative because its all good but what this game lacks is a tutorial for beginners. Its an easy game but not for beginners. Minecraft is AWESOME and ADDICTING.
  46. Mar 25, 2011
    A great game to build, get together, and survive.

It has two game types so far; Survival (with multiplayer) and Classic. Classic is a building game-mod and is free to play. Survival is not free but has way more options than classic.

You have limitless possibility's to what you want to build or do on minecraft.

I recommend this game to almost everyone.
  47. Nov 27, 2011
    This is easily the best PC game I've played in years. There's so much content here, and that content keeps getting expanded on month after month after month. It started out as a small sort of Lego game, then mining got expanded, then building got expanded, we got minecarts, redstone circuitry to make complex machines, we got more mobs to go out and fight, biomes to explore. Snowlands, huge mountains, vast deserts. RPG mechanics, villagers, -pistons-... and there's more on the way. On top of that the game is highly moddable, the likes of which I, as a big time modder, haven't experienced much of since Morrowind, Half-Life 2, and Civ4. Expand
  48. Nov 27, 2011
    This game is a great example of how a game does not have to be complicated and with fancy graphics to be good. The game is very fun in creative, survival and in multiplayer. The only down side about this game would be that, on vanilla, this game can become rather boring. But Minecraft created a great community that started to create wonderful mods, texture packs, custom maps, adventure maps and more. Making Minecraft a game you can play for years. Expand
  49. Apr 12, 2011
    In a time when the gaming industry is becoming more and more dominated by developers unwilling to take risks, this is an independent gem, clever and inspired. The best way to describe it is "lego world," but that does it a disservice. It is simply hard to put a label on the game.

You start off in a randomly generated world, no weapons, no items. Your first action will be to punch a tree.
    From there you have ten minutes of in game daytime before night falls. By that time you should have built a shelter and have torches for light. If you survive your first night, the rest is up to you. You can dig a mile below the earth or build skyscrapers up to the clouds. Tools can be shaped to build better tools. You can build waterfalls, glass windows, chests, farm wheat, sugar, cactus, boats, docks, music blocks, switch operated doors and traps, elaborate transportation systems, underwater glass bases, lava pits, gates to hell, skywalks across forests or deserts or snow-covered hills or plains.

The world is yours to shape. Just watch out for creepers.
  50. May 7, 2012
    The game is unfinished, however, I can't help but love this game. The simple yet fun premise, the large open area given to you, and the fact that there is almost no limit to the things you can create. And as much of a sheep as I may sound, I like a game that updates itself like this, it almost never gets old for me and there is always something new. I like this game, it's really fun, I highly recommend it. Expand
  51. Sep 29, 2012
    There is a very special feeling you get when first playing Minecraft. The simple sense of adventure and discovery is strong at your first stages. After knowing everything, you get interested in finding ores and resources, diamond especially. Then after having a nice amount of resources, you finally decide to use your imagination at it's near peak and build something creative, amazing and colossal. If you stop playing Minecraft after this stage then your imagination has nothing to give to this massive world of blocks, filled with possibilities. (Plus there are mods to add to the experience). Expand
  52. Mar 29, 2013
    Opening the door for creativity and absolute sandbox give this game a perfect score in my book. Gamers understand that sometimes the modding community can make the game so much more than its original developers... for for that This game will be forever entered into the hall of firsts. some times good graphics do not matter, as long as mechanics and fun exist. HINT HINT AAA developers.
  53. Aug 13, 2013
    There is no story line to fallow. the only thing you do is create or survive. And they bought are prety. The reason I didn't gave this game 10/10 is that the game may not be enjoyable for a graphic fan. The game couldn't have more interactive. The only thing is the pirate version has almost everything the origina has 25 euros for changing your skin for multiplayer and premium only servers. How ever I suggest you to buy the origina version to support the developers. Expand
  54. Jan 19, 2012
    A great creative game that I spent a lot of hours on, the fact that you can almost do anything is the thing that usually sucks me in, plus, the graphics although not super good, are great at making the feel of minecraft.
  55. Dec 6, 2011
    Minecraft is a genre in its own and manages to make tedious gameplay fun and exciting with a cool original look. Also its free if you download it, don't make an account, and play in offline mode :P
  56. Nov 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the most addicting games EVER. I have not stopped playing this game since it came out in beta. with the new 1.0.0 update this game is better than ever with potion brewing and a new realm with a final dragon boss to fight. I have also bought this game for the Ipod, which works like creative mode. This game is one of the best I have ever played. 10/10 Expand
  57. Apr 6, 2013
    I don't understand that why people think Minecraft is a low-graphic game? Are you serious? This game does not about GRAPHIC. This is about your creativity. You can do whatever you want! Like castles,houses... Example, someone made a Battlefield 3 map in Minecraft (Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be3CyvUptEc) This game will broad your mind. Just build something. Or play with your friends.
  58. Jun 2, 2013
    No matter what gaming mood I'm in, Minecraft is playable everyday. I love this game. It's so fun by myself and with friends. It takes a creative mind to build spectacular things. You literally can't go wrong with Minecraft people.
  59. Aug 17, 2013
    Minecraft is my favorite game of all time. Haters gonna hate because they are too retarded to think that callofduty is the best game known to man. minecraft is awesome.
  60. Apr 29, 2011
    Extremely open premise, and a fun world, make Minecraft a light hearted, good time.

The only reasons you really shouldn't try this game are if you don't want to use your imagination, or if graphics are an imperative for you to have a good time. The game is still in "beta," but the game is purchasable. While the developers are constantly making changes, most of them are good, and the open
    ended world can be fun if you put the time into it! Expand
  61. Nov 22, 2011
    Probably one of the best games ever created in the history of man..........................................................................................................
  62. Nov 21, 2011
    I love Minecraft. It's a great game, and it's ensnared me for almost as much as some of The Elder Scrolls games. It's gotten me through boring calculus lectures and has inspired my Halloween costume. With Minecraft finally being "released", it's interesting when you look back at what it was like when you started. I am going to review this in three different sections: Single Player, Creative Mode, and Multiplayer.

Single Player:

I started in the early-middle Beta (around Beta 1.3). It was a fun game, building a house to protect yourself from the horrors at night, mining deep down in to the earth to find iron, gold, or, if I was lucky, diamond. I died quite a bit from experimentation (Hint: Don't dig straight down. That lava is nasty stuff.) but I always kept playing. It's addicting. Even now, it's still great. Since I started, they've added new mobs (for those that don't know, mob is short for mobile), new enemies, new blocks, and new concepts. Instead of only caves to explore, there are now strongholds, abandoned mine shafts and more. It's a blast to play, trying to discover that next cave to explore and mine. The experience system is rather shallow and pointless (enchanting weapons is the only current purpose for those damn green orbs) and I prefer the days of no food bar, where you could simply eat food and your health healed depending on what you ate.

I have a few minor gripes with the single player, but they are easily overlooked. SP is, in my opinion, the best part of Minecraft.

Creative Mode:

Think of this as your canvas to build whatever you want. You have unlimited access to all the blocks and you can build to your heart's content. A castle, a giant Mario, an underground dungeon...it's all up to you. This is a fun, albeit rather boring at times, mode. It is good to experiment with, however. Creative mode helped me finally refine all the redstone circuits (complicated electrical stuff) and has helped me tap in to my inner Minecraft engineer. It's a good mode, but not something that can be played constantly. Multiplayer:

Everyone's experiences with multiplayer depends on what server you play on. I ultimately found it to be kind of boring, no matter if I was on a strict survival server, an RPG server, or just with some of my friends. There is only so much to do in multiplayer and, if you are on a server that is inhabited by many different players, it is likely someone else has already mined that cave you found, or has griefed (destroyed) your house while you were offline. This is the only reason I really gave Minecraft a 9.

Overall, Minecraft is a great game that will take your life away. You'll be obsessed with finding diamonds, caves, or beating that dragon. You'll find yourself crossing oceans just to find a wolf to follow you around. It's a great game that everyone should play.
  63. Oct 17, 2012
    17OCT2012 - At first I thought to myself "Why am I playing this crappy looking game?" Then about nine hours later I was addicted and asked myself "Why am I still playing this crappy looking game?" If your criteria for judging a video game is based on graphics then this game would receive a low score. However for fun and re-playability this game receives a perfect score. The world in Minecraft is massive. So massive that if you started running in one direction 24/7, you would reach the end of the world in a little over three months real time. With each patch the game gets better. Multiplayer is where the real fun is at. Cooperative gameplay or player vs player makes for a great LAN party game. Highly recommended. Collapse
  64. Aug 17, 2012
    This is my favorite game of all time. If you ever enjoyed playing with legos, this game is the only one to adequately capture that feeling. Combine that with regular free updates and a huge modding community and there is absolutely no reason why anyone should rate this game poorly. The terrain generator alone can keep you busy exploring your unique world for hours. Multiplayer is even more fun, because you can build things cooperatively and show them off. As I read some of these negative reviews, I can't help but feel like these people are used to much more linear games and expect minecraft to demand their attention until a set end point like most games do. It does not. Minecraft is less of a "game" to beat and more of a toy, one that you'll keep coming back to again and again if you have any spark of creative spirit. Expand
  65. May 15, 2013
    Minecraft is brilliant! The game is about placing blocks and surviving. Although it might sound weird, it is really worth a try. I've put hundreds of hours in this game, and it never gets boring!

The game is regularly updated and there's always new things to play around with. The only limit in Minecraft, is you. Just imagine how much you can achieve with an unlimited world and tons of
    blocks to build with. If that's not enough, there's a lot of mods and modpacks for the game. Many people are against the new updates that added features like enchanting or leveling but I personally don't have anything against these. These are survival elements that makes the game more fun. Minecraft will mainly always be about creativity and building so it doesn't really matter. Expand
  66. Jan 17, 2013
    I really don't understand all the hate in this review thread. The game is amazing. With mods, you can really make it look modern, and quite nice. Actually, with mods, you can do just about anything in this game. That is a huge part of what makes it so great. The unique design, addictive gameplay, and the endless amount of creative possibility also add to the greatness. I haven't had this much fun with a game in a long time, and the fact that it is indie is somewhat astronishing. There really is sooo much to do, and it's a fun, calming experience. I love survival mode, which I don't believe they had during the release. Multiplayer with friends is also a lot of fun. Highly recommend this game, Expand
  67. Jan 22, 2011
    Enjoy it while you can. This game was and still is incredible, but I get the feeling that it's slipping. The creator, Notch, is a failure of a programmer who should win the prize for the most inefficient coding that has graced this Earth. The core of this game is poorly coded, but Notch chose to ignore it and continue coding to the point where it's too late to do anything about it.

Other
    than that, it's an excellent game with a wonderful concept, but it's only set to get worse as far too many features will be added and will mar the initial charm of the game. (Dragons!? Wtf!? You trying to ruin this game!?) It's a shame the 'engine' for this game is far too poorly coded to be released with an SDK. It would have made this game incredible. My solution? Recode the whole damn thing now, before it get's any worse! Expand
  68. Dec 1, 2011
    I picked up Minecraft well into the beta about nine months ago. Overall, I have been pleased overall with my gameplay experience. Minecraft has an insanely huge game world that lets you do whatever the heck you want. With a plethora of gamemodes and solid multiplayer, it is a great all around offering. Unfortunately this game is VERY demanding in terms of hardware, especially RAM. Don't even think about running this game with less than 4GB as it will be very laggy even at tiniest render distances, While there are various Java fixes that can be used to help you get the most out of the game, the steep RAM requirement keeps it from being as accessable and fun as it should be. However, if your computer has the minerals to run it, Minecraft is an innovative, top-notch experience that shouldn't be missed. Expand
  69. Nov 28, 2011
    Great game, the bad graphics may be a minus, but compared to the stunning gameplay and the huge amount of things you can do for fun. I would say you'll love it!
  70. Nov 22, 2011
    Minecraft is a great game. Its not perfect, but a step in the right direction. everyone trolls about this game having bad graphics. It doesn't. Its a game of blocks. the textures are pixilated, but there's plenty of texture packs to fix this problem if your really worried about that sort of thing. the game plays well enough, tight controls and excellent crafting, but combat is very awkward. the main thing i actually have a problem with is the games bugs. there's a lot of them, and most are simply overlooked. but i cant say that these things have actually annoyed me that much. when your constantly basking in the game's beauty, you not worried about these things. you're thrust in this new world of mystery, you wake up, knowing nothing about the world around you, and you have to figure out whats going on. how to survive. once you do this, you'll be spend endless hours building in the infinite space that the game has. you'll know that the problems are there, but you wont care about them. you'll create your city, your empire. you'll find many ores and go to the nether, and once your done there, you discover the "End". and you'll realize the evil that this beautiful world has under its surface. and once you sit through the incredible and unique credits, you come back wanting more. Expand
  71. Mar 10, 2011
    0.o Minecraft is insanely addictive yet so very simple. It has soul, it has character, it has creepers. This is gaming at it's finest - back to basics indie development at it's best.
  72. Nov 18, 2011
    WARNING: This game contains infinite amounts of pain, suffering, and most importantly unadulterated joy. You can do just about anything you set your mind to, and if you can't do it mod it and you then can do whatever your heart tells you to. Then if you can't do something else you can create a computer within Minecraft and make it do what you want it to do.

Final thought, if you can't
    find something to do in this game then you might as well go dig a hole and sit in it. Expand
  73. Apr 1, 2012
    It's a fairly good game. The graphics don't bother me at all. I actually think that they give the game a unique quality. It's fun to roam around and just explore whatever you want. To build whatever you want to is also a very fun thing to do. Overall, pretty good game. Not the best sandbox game I've ever played, but certainly not the worst.
  74. Jul 26, 2012
    Minecraft is amazing! This is a great example to what games should be. Complete freedom and choice. Like you can do almost whatever you want. You can mine, build, farm, and do much, much more. The game may seem difficult and frustrating when first playing survival, but once you know all you need to know, it becomes quite fun and simple. Even though the graphics look like they're from the 90's, the game is still a true masterpiece. Expand
  75. Aug 23, 2012
    Minecraft ITSELF, is a pretty bad game. Repetative combat, essentially no plot, a lot of stuff to do, but your working towards no goal. Now, why the 10 out of 10. Because although Minecraft itself is terrible, the thing that pulls me in is what is can become! Its as if Notch gave the world a toll to create a game that you wanted. It has about the largest modding community I've ever seen in a game, and what people have done has amazed me. There are servers where you can join factions, and there are servers where you can fight a zombie invasion. There are mods where you can destroy a world with technology, and there are mods where you can turn it into an RPG and be whoever you want to be. Never before have there been so many possibilities in one game. Yeah I'm still going to by RPGs becuase I love a good story, but if I just want to do whatever I please in a world where ANYTHING is possible, then I'm gonna sit down log in to Minecraft and play some YogBox. 10 out of 10. Expand
  76. Jun 11, 2013
    It is truly the worlds only true "open-world" game, having unlimited possibilities, unlimited stories, and an unlimited world. Minecraft has plenty of flaws, but it adds to the game somehow, making it more interesting, and, occasionally, frustrating. The only limit Minecraft has is the limit of the players own mind, and that is what makes it special.
  77. Jun 11, 2013
    Minecraft is a 10 simply because if you want it to be simple, it's simple, but if you want it to be complex, it's complex. And the fact that you can literally make anything you want in the game, as long as you have the imagination. You even have electricity which is called Red Stone. With this you can make lamps with a switch (just to make an easy example). You could also do pixel art, which is art with the pixels (duh). A friend of mine had a friend that is a girl that created a picture of Albert Einstein. Yeah I'm serious.

Make your own server, get mods, get it known all overthe world and have FUN! Worth every penny.
  78. Jan 15, 2013
    I first read about Minecraft on IgnorantGamingNews.com, and I was intrigued so I had a go on the basic free version. Though it was completely simplistic, I could see the potential of a full working game built around the principle. I went ahead and bought the full game, and I think it is one of the best value-for-money games out there.

Before I talk about the gameplay, I want to talk
    about the way it is handled by its designer(s). First up, they constantly update the game for free - you make one payment for the game, and then you own it, and you can download subsequent updates without paying! Not just fixing errors and glitches, but adding entirely new things to do in the game. There is no subscription cost, so they appear to be doing it out of love for the game, more than anything else. Second, they listen to feedback from fans, and even incorporate elements that have been created by fans, if they realise they are good enough to be added to the official version. On top of this, the director has said that if you don't feel that Minecraft is worth the money, just pirate it, and if you decide later that it's worth the money, then you can choose to pay if you want. You don't hear that very often these days. So I love the attitude. Of course, you can have a nice bunch of guys make a game, but who gives a **** if the game plays like a bag of balls? Luckily that is not the case.

You start the game up and you can choose either Survival Mode (which is the kind of "standard" mode), or you can choose Creative Mode, which gives you access to everything in the game, like a God Mode, and you can also fly around and do whatever you want. In Survival Mode, you begin with nothing at all, and you spawn on a land mass in the wilderness. First thing you notice is that the game generates the landscape as you move through it (though once it is generated, it is permanent). This means that your game experience will be unique to everyone else's - and if you start a new game, it will be different to your first game. You can choose to play Minecraft however you want to. But I advise going to http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Recipes to get an understand of how to make things to help you.

Once you've checked out that list, you will want to dive in and start making things. Most likely you will begin with a wooden pick axe, so that you can mine a bit of stone, so you can make stone tools. Stronger material makes better tools, which mine quicker, and last longer before breaking, as well as being able to give you access to more kinds of materials that you can't mine with an inferior tool. So once you have a stone axe, trees are easy to take down, and you can mine through stone to find coal and iron ore with your stone pick axe. You can also make a stone sword to fend off baddies - such as zombies, giant spiders and exploding monsters.

Finding coal is important to start with, to make torches, because it will get dark pretty quick, and as well as not being able to see what you're doing, baddies will spawn in dark places and kill you fairly swiftly (especially early in the game when you don't have much to defend yourself with). You should also make yourself a shelter, to hide up and make a treasure chest to save all the goodies you've found. It is satisfying to make your first little hideout, whether it's a wooden hut, a cave you happen to come across, or a hole in the ground leading to a little tunnel. There is a feeling of safety and personality that is not present in other games. You feel like it's "yours", and as you start to furnish it and dig out new rooms, or put flooring down, you turn a hostile world into a pleasant environment. You can make a door or a trapdoor on the entrance to stop enemies just walking in. Also important is making a bed - they act as checkpoints or spawn points, so when you are killed, you will respawn at the last bed you slept in, rather than always having to respawn at the place you spawned at the very beginning of the game.

From this point on, your imagination is really your limit. Do you want to explore and see what the land is like, and find all kinds of terrain ranging from snowy mountains, to deserts and swamps? Do you want to go mining and dig into some caves and look for gold, diamonds, ruins, dungeons and treasure? Do you want to hunt enemies, and loot them for their unique items? Do you want to build a castle, or a tree house? Do you want to build traps to catch enemies automatically? Do you want to build a water slide, or a roller coaster? Do you want to make a safe area by making it light up with torches, then build a village or even a city? Do you want to build an underground tunnel system? Do you want to build a railway system? Do you want to build a farm and raise animals? Do you want to grow plants and fruits? Do you want to see how high you can build, or how deep you can dig? It's basically like a giant playground, a giant wilderness where you can build whatever you want.
  79. Jul 3, 2013
    Minecraft is an amazing game. And it is a game. Not a toy. Although the updates added in some annoying features(like maps automatically filling themselves up as soon as you craft them) the updates have improved upon the original game. Minecraft is still a wonderful game.
  80. Jul 23, 2013
    I have played this AFTER the iOS edition. Worth 20 bucks. The only annoying stuff is whenever I search "Portal", it'll show the portalgun mod for Minecraft. I have owned this game since 1.2.4, and 1.6.2 sucks. The new villager noises stink.

Pros: Gameplay, sounds, mods, resource packs, and redstone.

Cons: Villager sounds, ghast sounds, rain (rain is so laggy)
  81. Dec 30, 2013
    Minecraft is one of the best if not the best game I have ever played. It has a vast world to explore and plenty of weird and interesting mobs (animals). Although it did get a tiny bit repetitive, Minecraft has me so addicted that I can't stop playing.
  82. Jan 4, 2014
    This is one of the best games I have ever played, period. It is true that plain vanilla may get boring after a while, but this is where the amazing community, mods, and servers come in! There is truly infinite possibility in this game, and I would definitely recommend it for anyone willing to give it a go.
  83. Feb 22, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. +Nice Gameplay+
    +Great Graphics+
    +Magnificent Open World+
    +Great Visuals And Design+
    +Fun Multiplayer Mode+

Minecraft is not only nice, it's marvelous game and perfect to build and create with your own freedom. Minecraft is pleased for people to play with.
  84. Jan 13, 2011
    Well...some people pay millions of dollars for fancy graphics, motion-capture and even 3D. Others pay writers to write out a well fleshed-out storyline with many choices. A few claim to offer "sandbox" style of gameplay...but nothing every comes CLOSE to amount of sandbox play style in this game. There is literally limitless potential, and because the world is constantly being generated, there is always somewhere new to go. Not to mention, this is only one mode! There are so many possibilities with modes, some that the single developer is working on, and some being suggested by the community. It's hard to believe a game like this 10 years ago would have been shot down for poor graphics, but now is probably Game of the Year material. Match it with a $20 price tag, I don't think any game will be able to match the addictiveness. Expand
  85. Dec 8, 2011
    Since people like lists ill list just some of the features in this game. - crafting - mining - fighting - exploring - gathering - breeding - farming - jumping - swimming - running - building - killing - eating - wood chopping - smelting - raining - lightning - planting - nethering - sleeping - customizing - sailing - enchanting - digging - shaving - slaughtering - socializing ....the list could go on but i ran out of words with" ing " Expand
  86. Nov 11, 2011
    It's AMAZING!!! The graphics are horrible. the sound is... well... there isn't much sound at all. I gotta say though this game has made me so obsessed with it's simplicity and addictive gameplay that i cannot believe it! First off, when i tried it, i didn't know what the heck to do, so if you're new then go on you tube and search for "minecraft tutorial". A user named paulsoaresjr did some crazy 30 something video series on the game. Yes, it is that involved that he had to make 30 some odd videos 15 minutes long each! Expand
  87. Mar 23, 2012
    Minecraft is a game on survivalism. It teaches you the basics to survive in a world you spawn in.

What's great about this game: There's always something to accomplish every time you play!

What's not so great about this game: I can't sing "I'm on a Boat" when I'm actually on a boat correctly...

Would I recommend this game to a friend? Definitely.
  88. Nov 21, 2012
    Probably the best game i've ever played. its so good... I love the music and the multiplayer is amazing, however making a server takes a sh*tload of time. overall a fantastic game.
  89. Apr 27, 2013
    I've been with the game since a few days before the update to BETA 1.2, back when "Wow beds that set your spawn!" Was a huge game changer. The game has taken a big place in my heart, and even though I grew bored of single player after a few weeks and made myself create a new world which I got bored of a little quicker again I did drift from the game. As it's popularity increased though more servers became available and more people and friends got the game and a community was born, possibly the greatest game community of all if you pretend Little Big Planet doesn't exist (That's a compliment to both games)

The multiplayer is a lot of fun and although building a village, town or city with friends eventually you run out of things to do, UNLESS you challenge yourselves, think of something and don't stop until you've achieved it. After that, install some mods, play some adventure maps and join some game servers like survival games and spleef arenas and parkour. The game has unlimited possibilities all thanks to it's players.

The only thing I dislike about the game is with each coming update it looses some of the original charm that it had in the beginning. Even though it makes a better game with more things to do, I find myself upset to remember that the days of being impressed by beds is behind us. That may just be me however.

Check this game out, play it at a friends house or try our the demo and watch a few videos. I promise you will want to be throwing your money right at it because I would have happily payed triple the price for this game that has given countless hours of entertainment to me, and counting.
  90. May 25, 2013
    Minecraft has a very large community, and the creation limits are very vast and presents a good outlet for creativity. With heavy fantasy elements and, despite the blocky nature, an extremely immersive game that does stand out in the crowd. Music is light and chip-tune, but once you've been listening to the same music for hours it starts to not only put you to sleep, but gets annoying. Music discs offer good alternatives and all of the songs appealed to me. But you can mute the music, problem solved. Combat, although just a small part of the game, is just click the right mouse button until the thing dies. However combat isn't a focus, whereas exploration, creation, and imagination are rewarded and focused on. Solo, Minecraft gets stale after a considerably long while, but with friends your enjoyment extends nearly limitless. Expand
  91. Aug 10, 2013
    minecraft SUCKS! no just kidding its a really well made game with the need to make whatever you whant but this really good but i need to start on the battleblock review so 10-10
  92. Feb 14, 2014
    A great educational and creative game that allows the players to do and build whatever they want in a virtual infinite space. But be warned: if you are not a creative person, you'll get bored really fast.
  93. Mar 13, 2014
    This game is a really great game, but is a tad overrated. The features are excellent and gameplay is fun, but can get boring when in survival mode. While it's a great game, people glorify it too much like it's the Messiah of not just sandbox games and indie games, but as the video game industry as a whole. Fun for the whole family.
  94. Dec 4, 2012
    Wow! This is cyberspace...and its square. Minecraft is the most truly ground-breaking game of it's time. It offers emergent game-play, a consistent challenge, huge variety and it rewards creativity. It is the only game in existence in which each of the players is able to modify the very terrain and fabric of the world. Minecraft is the first game that functions as an in-game world-editor that lets the players co-create both architecture and adventures. Constantly expanding and versatile enough to create 3-D sculptures that are also working digital-logic circuits. If you don't like Minecraft you must be boring or unimaginative. ; ] Also...try to get over the whole 'cube' thing as there would be no other way to achieve such an ambitious game-style. Truly revolutionary. Expand
  95. Nov 27, 2011
    Minecraft is an incredible game. I love the survival aspects of it, how you can make your own stories and do whatever you want! The mods are great, multiplayer fun and there are very few bugs now. The out of memory bug can be solved simply by downloading java x64 (rather than the x32 that is installed.) great fun game.
  96. Apr 23, 2012
    I just don't know what to write. It's so obvious! One of the best games I played in the last 20 years. Game, where only your imaginations limits you and your imagination is your modus operandi...

P.S. And the graphics are just... beautiful and moody ;)
  97. Mar 12, 2012
    Minecraft: It's your game. Want to build? Go ahead. Want to kill stuff? Go ahead. Want to build with friends while killing stuff? Go ahead. The great thing about Minecraft is it's like playing Lego with friends with monsters in real time. You do what you want and that's it. It's a open world sand box of a game that lets you do whatever you want especially with the huge modding community that exist. Expand
  98. Dec 23, 2011
    This game is huge. Worth the money for both singleplayer and multiplayer. People who download it and don't wanna buy it lose alot of epic fun. If you have friends who love games like this, then convince them to buy this game with you. To be honest, this is the most creative-block game ever (I still haven't seen Terraria...), Oh and uh, by the way, this game has "lame" graphics because it's so huge that if it had good graphics, ever a computer worth 1,000,000 bucks would have exploded epicly, so you might as well download a texture pack... Expand
  99. Nov 23, 2011
    Addictive game and will keep you entertained for a long time but you will eventually get bored but that will be a long time coming, i have had it since a week after the launch of the beta and have seen every new addition and it has evolved enormously since the beta launched. The graphics are certainly unique and it surprisingly has excellent lighting effects, its a huge game and has limitless things to do, great value well worth the price. Expand
  100. Oct 17, 2012

1. Feb 6, 2012
    The 1.0 version of the indie phenomena is still obviously unfinished and flawed in many ways, but it's so easy to forget that when you're building your dream castle, exploring scary caves and vast mountain ranges and having a great time in its blocky world.
  2. Jan 30, 2012
    While Minecraft may not be everybody's cup of tea, I doubt anyone can deny that it's an important step into new territory.
  3. Jan 29, 2012
    A must-play title - as much a part of videogaming as it is anything else. [Issue#118, p.102]