7.4

1. Jan 3, 2014
    This is a game the same way lego is a game- meaning, it isn't. This is a building simulation which is ultimately the most overrated game of the decade. Graphics, controls, and UI are all absolutely horrid- but it's an indie sandbox, so naturally that's enough for those who hate anything made by a big company to love it. If this game was made by EA, every person praising it would instead beThis is a game the same way lego is a game- meaning, it isn't. This is a building simulation which is ultimately the most overrated game of the decade. Graphics, controls, and UI are all absolutely horrid- but it's an indie sandbox, so naturally that's enough for those who hate anything made by a big company to love it. If this game was made by EA, every person praising it would instead be talking about how horrible it is. Too bad this era's of gamers are more interested in gaming politics than they are in actual games.

And queue the flood of terrible but cheap or free indie games.
  2. Jan 2, 2012
    Don't be fooled by the media attention and hype surrounding Minecraft : It is an incomplete mess of a product - I'm not even calling it a game, it's only intention from day one was to line Notch's grubby pockets with more gold. The game is supposed to have a "retro" feel to it, it was meant to be a "fresh" new indie game which "innovated" the genre. Pay little attention to any reviewDon't be fooled by the media attention and hype surrounding Minecraft : It is an incomplete mess of a product - I'm not even calling it a game, it's only intention from day one was to line Notch's grubby pockets with more gold. The game is supposed to have a "retro" feel to it, it was meant to be a "fresh" new indie game which "innovated" the genre. Pay little attention to any review which uses any of these buzzwords. For anyone that played any games which could be defined as retro, you would understand that these games made best use of the graphics they had available to them at the time. Some of them could even be described as visual masterpieces. Minecraft feels like somebody who has never played a retro game in their life before and with little knowledge of the genre has rushed together an abortion of a better game. Every single video game is supposed to have a point, a purpose or a goal for the character or players to achieve. It could be as simple as "deactivating a bomb" or far more complex like the complete storylines found in many modern RPGs. What is the point of Minecraft? What is the player striving to achieve? Nothing. There is no point to anything in this game. Why are villages randomly spawned in the deserts? Can you even interact with the NPCs you find? You can't. There is no purpose to them whatsoever - If you attack them.. they do nothing... you cannot trade with them, they own no items and wander around aimlessly. If this game was still in a beta stage I could appreciate that this is work in progress. But it isn't... This is what the game developers actually want you to play.. this is the display of their talents for the world to see. The only pro of this game is the music, which although it is only a single track it is very soothing to dig away to in the middle of the night. Playing this game online with friends was supposed to be the clincher, but that really gets boring after a while, especially once you realise how poorly made the combat system is for this game. Even if every other aspect of this game was the same, if the developers had even bothered to introduce a decent combat system then I could appreciate this game for what it is, and even give it a better score. However the fact that the developers had left such a poor combat system - which was supposed to be one of the primary features of this game - seems to round this game off as a rushed product with no real intention of being decent. I recall retro games from the 1990s with hundreds of different combat features that wound the audience into the web of the games story. But minecraft only has ONE single click attack... that is it. You must beat your opponents to death with an array of different weapons (4 or 5 different coloured swords) and that really is it. Once you have a full set of Diamond armour pretty much any attacks made by NPCs against your character is made redundant and that makes the game far too easy - where is the replay value in that? Diamond armour can also be made only an hour or two into a game so there isn't even a challenging aspect for combat in this game. Expand
  3. Jan 14, 2012
    Minecraft is the most overrated game ever. The idea deserves 10, indeed, but the execution is... a tragedy.

The game has been developed for THREE YEARS and it is FAR FROM BEING FINISHED, even though it has the 'Full Release' title. Notch did a horrible job with the game. He wasted the enormous potential. Slow lazy greedy Swede who ruined the game. Rushed half-features for which nobody has asked. If there weren't any mods, Minecraft would become boring after 5 hours of playing.

Don't buy it. Don't waste your money. Many clones of Minecraft are being created. Who knows, one may beat this extremely overrated title.
  4. Jan 21, 2012
    Minecraft hasn't been a nice experience for me. Nothing more. Why? Minecraft is -not- a good gaming experience. I've been playing ever since indev first came out, I was super excited whenever the SMP test server was on and I've wasted hours upon hours just breaking blocks and placing them somewhere else, making cool creations which I'm very proud of some. But why is it a bad experience?Minecraft hasn't been a nice experience for me. Nothing more. Why? Minecraft is -not- a good gaming experience. I've been playing ever since indev first came out, I was super excited whenever the SMP test server was on and I've wasted hours upon hours just breaking blocks and placing them somewhere else, making cool creations which I'm very proud of some. But why is it a bad experience? First off, there's no tutorial or whatsoever. You'll have no idea what to do on your first playthrough - luckily there's a fan made wiki which will supply you with detailed information about every aspect of the game - but WHY do we have to rely on these kind of sources? Why is there no official tutorial or instructions? I understand that some people enjoyed the aspect of exploring and finding things on their own - but goddamn there aren't even crafting instructions.
    The game itself plays off rather nicely at the start; you randomly break blocks, suddenly it's noon. You build a shelter and start collecting resources... Then what? Nothing. The game becomes bland. There's no objective or win-stage. If you're creative you might still have fun, designing small contraptions and stuff. Maybe after some time playing you'll have an objective set for yourself - which is just collecting resources. But there is only a handful of resources in the game, and it doesn't take long until you get them all. There are some other things that you can do, like build a portal to the nether, or travel to the end... but how are you supposed to know these things exist, without, once again, checking the wiki or getting help?? Everything is simply scattered around the game and the devs expect the player to find these elements on his own while in reality it's an impossible task without some sort of guide or help.
    Then there's multiplayer - a fresh aspect for the game. After you've finished toying around with single player you'll probably want to try out multiplayer. But, guess what? There's no server list (only favorites), you have to type an IP of a server yourself - and where in the hell are you supposed to even get one? In addition to that there are no official game servers or a real way of obtaining a server IP other that asking a friend for a one or searching for a good one on the internet for countless hours. Once again, everything is simply scattered and feels unfinished. I've been playing for a while, so I know how to play the game and what to do. But I almost never find myself just randomly playing. The game gets BORING and the oblivious devs completely didn't take that into account while making this. Let's leave the gameplay-wise section. The game itself, has poor graphics compared to other games todays. Notch's reason for using pixellated graphics is to maintain a "retro" feel. And I can accept that - but WHY does the game take up so many system resources!? I can run Skyrim, Crysis, L.A Noire and other games in the highest settings but this game just slows down after a while and slows down my entire computer. I have occasional lag spikes and even crashes from time to time. This proves Notch didn't care for performance and wanted to release his game asap just to get it out there and earn more money from critic reviews. The game is also COMPLETELY overpriced - I've enjoyed The Binding of Isaac which is only 5$ MUCH more than I've enjoyed this game - And I bought it when it was just 10 euros. It should've stayed with that price, but it didn't. The game is also overpraised just because of what it's been through. All of the critics giving insanely high and undeserving scores have obviously played the game in the beta stage and were eagerly waiting for the game to come out so that they can review it. If the game DIDN'T have an alpha-beta stage and would just come out as it is today without no one knowing about it previously it would've gotten VERY low scores. It's a bad game. It would've been BUTCHERED by critics. Heck, if I could show Notch what his game would become he would've completely changed his plans. But instead he's money hungry. He has made so many promises that he didn't keep, like different gameplay modes or official mod support. I didn't even write about the other crummy features of the game in my review - like the so-called "end" - which is just a boring, artificially difficult boss fight, or the level up system which actually relies on the simple click-to-spam combat. There are even non-responsive NPCs in the game which Notch promised a long time ago but didn't have the patience/time/power to finish them. The game feels unfinished for an old player like me or confusing and bland for new player. It's shameful how it's getting these amazing scores from critics - it simply shouldn't. I'm giving it a 4 because I did spend a lot of time playing it with friends, and made a few creations which felt mostly rewarding and even fun. Thanks for the read.
  5. Jan 27, 2012
    Un jeu que j'aime particulièrement. Grâce a un amis je l'ai découvert et je me demanderait que ferai je sans ce jeu. Il mérite plus qu'un 10/10 au moins 15/10... =D
  6. Feb 10, 2012
    This game starts you off in a fun mood, but as it goes on, you get more bored with nothing to do. The idea of getting blocks and placing them on top of each other is not so appealing, and when you have built what you want, you go through so many bugs and disappointments - there's nothing more to do. What's more is that the pixel full game takes you back into olden days, and though it mayThis game starts you off in a fun mood, but as it goes on, you get more bored with nothing to do. The idea of getting blocks and placing them on top of each other is not so appealing, and when you have built what you want, you go through so many bugs and disappointments - there's nothing more to do. What's more is that the pixel full game takes you back into olden days, and though it may be like that for the convenience of the game, it certainly puts a bad impression on the player. Expand
  7. Mar 17, 2012
    It's been so long and so little has been accomplished, I still have a Sneak key that doesn't sneak. If my dog is sitting and a close the game it is forever stuck sitting. I have a room that is about 5 x 5 with 10 torches in it and zombies still attack me when i goto sleep in the bed, If you want a game that absolutely nothing can go right, this is it. (it's only rated a 1 cause I can stillIt's been so long and so little has been accomplished, I still have a Sneak key that doesn't sneak. If my dog is sitting and a close the game it is forever stuck sitting. I have a room that is about 5 x 5 with 10 torches in it and zombies still attack me when i goto sleep in the bed, If you want a game that absolutely nothing can go right, this is it. (it's only rated a 1 cause I can still classify it as a game.) Expand
  8. Mar 11, 2016
    This game is so poorly made, and somehow addicting at the same time, its had an actual negative impact on my life. Seriously. Minecraft is the only game that has made me legitimately angry with how bad it is. It has so much potential, but the developers have zero idea what to do with it.
  9. Apr 26, 2012
    This game is creative and fun, but it's in Java and it's very poorly optimized. And I don't really think this game is worth 27$, that's really expensive for a game made in JAVA imo. Terraria is just most fun, have no performance issues, it's 10$ full price and it's on Steam.
  10. Aug 20, 2012
    The developers sat around a table one day and made a bet.
    The developers sat around a table one day and made a bet.
    One guy said to another «Hey! I'll bet you $100 that I can come up with a really STUPID IDEA, CHEAP RETRO GRAPHICS, REPETITIVE GAME-PLAY, LACK OF CONTENT, LIMITED ACTION video game title that will entice millions of idiots to play it as if it were the next best thing to sex with 4 women at a time! I bet you that people who can't tell the difference between a good RPG and a dog turd will LOVE my game and hype it up to no limits, getting other weak-minded individuals to play it endlessly! I bet we could overprice it, under-develop it, sub-maintain it and no one would give a crap! I bet you that the graphics could be SO BAD that it will make ASCII based games on the TRS-80 in 1981 seem like next-generation DirectX 11 games! I'm willing to bet you that NO ONE will figure out that we're basically laughing our asses off at them to liking it! I bet you we'd be able to MINE their pockets and CRAFT a real piece of dung title!»
  11. Jan 14, 2013
    5sec played, and deleted! BAD game with bad graphic! Also Bad AI( "While this game is fun at first, it quickly loses it's steam" good word bro! Good idea...but... bad(
  12. Jan 22, 2014
    How this crap is getting such scores. It doesn't have plot, graphics are **** (I mean really ****), don't know about soundtrack (if there is any), but **** me, there is only gameplay. I am giving 0/10 just to bring the balance, it should have 60/100 score.
  13. Apr 4, 2014
    My computer hyperventilates more often playing Minecraft than it does Mirror's Edge. My brain can't stand to have the same activity repeated every time I start up the game. I can't stand the community,"YOLO SWAG! YOU HACKER! STOP HACKING! STRAFING IS A GREAT STRATEGY! I HAVE NO LIFE! BUTTER IS GOLD! I'M SUICIDAL!" Worst of all, my friends ONLY have Mindcrap, so they beg me to play.My computer hyperventilates more often playing Minecraft than it does Mirror's Edge. My brain can't stand to have the same activity repeated every time I start up the game. I can't stand the community,"YOLO SWAG! YOU HACKER! STOP HACKING! STRAFING IS A GREAT STRATEGY! I HAVE NO LIFE! BUTTER IS GOLD! I'M SUICIDAL!" Worst of all, my friends ONLY have Mindcrap, so they beg me to play. Survival games. "PVP." The only two activities they enjoy on this game. Most people only like Minecraft because it's the only game they have. I got my friend Garry's Mod, AND HE NEVER PLAYS IT! WHEN HE DOES, HE DOES FOR FIVE MINUTES, THEN GOES AND PLAYS "SURVIVAL GAMES"! I could rant and rave all day about this game, but I'm tired and going insane from my Minecraft player friend. Expand
  14. Jul 29, 2014
    **** **** GAME! overpriced for bad graphics and quality. MY CONNECTION KEEPS GETTING LOST FROM THE SERVERS WHEN IM IN THE MIDDLE OF A GAME AND I SPENT ALL DAY JUST TRYING TO CHANGE MY **** SKIN. I GAVE UP TOO CAUSE IT DIDNT WORK AND NOW IM STUCK WITH A STUPID STEVE SKIN. I TRIED TO LOG IN ON THE WEBSITE BUT IT KEPT SAYING USERNAME OR PASSWORD WRONG. WHEN I RESET THIS PASSWORD IT KEPT**** **** GAME! overpriced for bad graphics and quality. MY CONNECTION KEEPS GETTING LOST FROM THE SERVERS WHEN IM IN THE MIDDLE OF A GAME AND I SPENT ALL DAY JUST TRYING TO CHANGE MY **** SKIN. I GAVE UP TOO CAUSE IT DIDNT WORK AND NOW IM STUCK WITH A STUPID STEVE SKIN. I TRIED TO LOG IN ON THE WEBSITE BUT IT KEPT SAYING USERNAME OR PASSWORD WRONG. WHEN I RESET THIS PASSWORD IT KEPT SAYING THE SAME THING. FOR **** SAKE, PS3 IS WAY BETTER, PC IS A LOAD OF UNEEDED STRESS!!!! MOJANG SORT IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  15. Aug 2, 2014
    Нудная, неинтересная игра которая по непонятным мне причинам очень популярная среди школоты и (что очень странно) среди казалось бы адекватных взрослых людей.
  16. Feb 24, 2015
    Well, Minecraft was great game until little kids found it and ruined it... So It's I would not say it is worth the 20€... And I know this is suppossed to be 16bit, but looks terrible... And "da physics... It's not too detailed and the gameplay sucks...
    + Point of the game
    - Graphics
    - Physics
    - I thought that chicken is duck
  17. Sep 4, 2016
    Sorry this game sucks it's like Lego in a video game that sound great but when you play the game you get bored. If you like it that's fine but I thought it was boring as hell.
  18. Nov 24, 2011
    This game is absolute rubbish. The combat is mindlessly simple spamming of mouse 1 and the enemies pathing and AI is a joke. The building and mining is incredibly boring. The "exploration" is an absolute waste of time. The entire game is the same thing with slightly different textures. What a waste of money.
  19. May 29, 2011
    Minecraft is just a little novelty game, if you can get past the sickeningly horrid graphics, which I couldn't. I have NEVER hated a game for it's graphics before, but this... this is just wrong. I mean for starters you can't give this game a perfect score when it has 70's graphics yet it came out last year.
  20. Nov 28, 2011
    Honestly, i have only one quite small question. Where is the magic in it ? Because i don't see any reason to waste my money and pay for Tetris-like looking game...
  21. Sep 17, 2011
    This game is just terrible, its boring and it has the graphics of a calculator. I played games in the 80's that had better graphics than this. This is only a game for people who are sheep. Stay away from this Horrible, terrible game
  22. Nov 24, 2011
    Virtual Lego's with bad graphics. That's all it is and it sells for over $25. It does nothing new, creative or original. I don't understand fads, never have and probably never will. What I do understand is people waste millions on them and later wonder what they were thinking. This is Minecraft.
  23. Nov 23, 2011
    Bad.. Pointless.. Waste of time.. Terrible Graphics.. Terrible Performance.. infact, not 1 redeeming feature. A game for douches who enjoy playing "hip" "indy" games just for the sake of it to fit in with their douchey gamer friends. How can they even charge people to play this rubbish? It is complete and utter turd.
  24. Jun 10, 2012
    When I started playing this game it was fun for a little but then I noticed so many flaws i mean whats the point of having a sword when there is absoulutly no point of killing an enemy i mean that there is no strategy when killing them u just hit them and hope you dont die. This game will also get boring as F u c k when you realize your just getting stone and building **** that will getWhen I started playing this game it was fun for a little but then I noticed so many flaws i mean whats the point of having a sword when there is absoulutly no point of killing an enemy i mean that there is no strategy when killing them u just hit them and hope you dont die. This game will also get boring as F u c k when you realize your just getting stone and building **** that will get exploded. I cant belive that this game cost money i mean if you watch gameplay you would think that its free from its ****ty graphics but no they want you to pay 10 bucks for it. If your going to buy this game just save the 10 bucks for a real game or buy Terria or however you spell it. Expand
  25. May 16, 2012
    Ok, actually this game is bad. I starts funny, ok. But then.... later on it's just very, very boring. Ok, it's cheap. But this is the only good point at that game. Don't buy.
  26. Feb 11, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Minecraft was really fun at first and it wasnt fun at all you know minecraft sucks so badly i dont know why ok you suck at minecraft i suck at it MINECRAFT IS A VERY BAD GAME **** MOJANG Expand
  27. Dec 6, 2011
    A game for people that have given up on life. There's no other way to say it but if you like this game, you can't possibly be a true gamer, or you must be bored out of your mind beyond the point of redemption. Just like Runescape really. No skill, no challenge. Just repetitive grinding. Only those who have achieved nothing can like this. If you get addicted it's understandable- it's anA game for people that have given up on life. There's no other way to say it but if you like this game, you can't possibly be a true gamer, or you must be bored out of your mind beyond the point of redemption. Just like Runescape really. No skill, no challenge. Just repetitive grinding. Only those who have achieved nothing can like this. If you get addicted it's understandable- it's an MMORPG after all. But that doesn't make it good. My problem isn't graphics- they're fine and the game works better this way. And sure, it's different from MMORPGs in that you BUILD the world rather than navigate through it. But this game has way too many fanboys who are going to say this review is unhelpful because I gave it a zero. Big deal. It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. The point is that we're approaching 2012 and still people are satisfied from such a primitive, repetitive and frankly un-original concept? I just don't see why you'd want to play this when there's so many better games out there which are FREE. You actually have to pay for this rubbish. This game is just Doodle God mixed with Runescape imo. There's no justification of why it's good other than you can place blocks on top of each other. Why not play lego? It's so much better. Expand
  28. Nov 24, 2011
    Ignore the critics. Buy this game today and you'll be nothing but bitterly disappointed. There are no tutorials meaning you'll spend most of your play time on the wiki and actually and no real purpose to this game. Yes it is an excellent time sink at first and some people will never grow tired of building ever more vast structures, but the average gamer should look for something else.Ignore the critics. Buy this game today and you'll be nothing but bitterly disappointed. There are no tutorials meaning you'll spend most of your play time on the wiki and actually and no real purpose to this game. Yes it is an excellent time sink at first and some people will never grow tired of building ever more vast structures, but the average gamer should look for something else. There are far better actually complete games (that have only been around for as long as the Beta's) you can spend your money on. Look at games around or under the £17 mark, check it's metacritic score is more then 50 and buy it. I can pretty much guarantee it will be a far better *game* then this. Expand
  29. Nov 24, 2011
    We are really close to the end of the world for this kind of game being appointed as the best PC game of the Year. If it was appointed for best game for your Windows 95 I would try to accept, because it's not a game, it's a tool. I don't see any elements that appoint this as a game, it's more like a 3d map editor with disguised monsters and horrible AI. The graphics isn't the problem, theWe are really close to the end of the world for this kind of game being appointed as the best PC game of the Year. If it was appointed for best game for your Windows 95 I would try to accept, because it's not a game, it's a tool. I don't see any elements that appoint this as a game, it's more like a 3d map editor with disguised monsters and horrible AI. The graphics isn't the problem, the "game" is the problem and such high metascore for a map editor... Well it's a joke. Expand
  30. Nov 26, 2011
    My eyes still burn. What were they thinking????
    My eyes still burn. What were they thinking????
    Extremely dull, pointless, ugly, worst time i had on a "videogame" in al my life. I could feel it suck the life out of me as i struggle to perceive what was in front of my eyes. Please save your lives and don´t pay the devil for this game because the minute you start playing you start a journey to HELL. For a minute there i tought i was on crack because i could only see BLOCKS with different colours but alas it was real. Don´t play this, don´t go near this crap if you value your sanity this is hardly a game but more like an aplication to something. Calculator graphics, extremely painful sound that make your ears bleed and scream to you "why are you doing this to us". In one word, ZERO.
  31. Nov 29, 2011
    The first time I played it I had to check the calendar. The graphics are so bad I thought I had time traveled back to 1995. I think they borrowed the same engine from Wolfenstein 3D.
  32. Nov 21, 2011
    While this game is fun at first, it quickly loses it's steam. The developers don't take the game seriously, they would rather sit around in the office all day, playing games, promising features they never deliver on. It would be great to see a serious developer who isn't full of themselves take this game on and make it into something really great. It has SO MUCH potential. The onlyWhile this game is fun at first, it quickly loses it's steam. The developers don't take the game seriously, they would rather sit around in the office all day, playing games, promising features they never deliver on. It would be great to see a serious developer who isn't full of themselves take this game on and make it into something really great. It has SO MUCH potential. The only great thing about this game is the community, they have MADE the game with all the mods and support. The developer has simply profited off everyone else's hard work. Expand
  33. Nov 23, 2011
    Boring game made great by moders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  34. Nov 19, 2011
    - Full of bugs
    - Performs terribly
    - Bad graphics - Repetitve gameplay - Maps have near infinite horizontal space but very limited vertical space - Half-assed RPG elements. - Monsters have the worst AI in the history of game programming - Multiplayer often doesn't work - Poor developer support - Despite simple aesthetic, requires immensely powerful hardware to run at acceptable settings. +
    - Full of bugs
    - Performs terribly
    - Bad graphics
    - Repetitve gameplay
    - Maps have near infinite horizontal space but very limited vertical space
    - Half-assed RPG elements.
    - Monsters have the worst AI in the history of game programming
    - Multiplayer often doesn't work
    - Poor developer support
    + Cheaper than most other games
    + Good replay value
    + Large modding community

This system won't let me go into the negatives so a zero was the best I could give this. This game is an excellent example of wasted potential. It became popular as a building/Lego game with small combat elements to keep you on your toes. Now it's a game about swinging pixelated swords at things until they fall over. The world is so cluttered with 'dungeons' now that it's impossible to dig for five minutes without breaking into another spider pit. The height limit hasn't been raised since pre-alpha, so you won't be building anything taller than the London Tower or digging anything deeper than your swimming pool. The multiplayer is buggy, incomplete, and lacks the tools for proper moderation. This game is so incomplete that there is literally no one that plays this game vanilla.
  35. Nov 28, 2011
    its not even a game that should be getting great reviews i played like an hour of this piece of **** game and it sucked. who would find this fun? maybe some one with a good imagination and has no friends. and if i wanted to build stuff like that i would just get my box of legos out so screw this game!
  36. Nov 23, 2011
    While a fantastic concept, the implementation of minecraft in general has been slipshod at best. Mojang seems to be better equipped at promising fixes than implementing them. Arbitrary "release dates" and haphazard feature implementation plague this "release" version. Minecraft seems to suffer from an identity crisis these days. "Am I a sandbox game?" or "Am I an adventure narrative?",While a fantastic concept, the implementation of minecraft in general has been slipshod at best. Mojang seems to be better equipped at promising fixes than implementing them. Arbitrary "release dates" and haphazard feature implementation plague this "release" version. Minecraft seems to suffer from an identity crisis these days. "Am I a sandbox game?" or "Am I an adventure narrative?", this is the major question here. While minecraft did well as a no goal, build what you want with survival aspects sandbox title, the addition of a tacked on endgame event complete with halfhearted ending text "reveal" left me wanting. While many "features" have been added since the 1.7 beta release, one must ask "how well have said additions meshed or added to the gameplay?". In my experience, the answer is not that well. What was once a fun open ended building block set has devolved into a confused rpg title with no defined narrative or point, and that's without addressing the glaring instability, bugs and varying performance issues apparent from version to version. All I can say is that minecraft started with much promise, and has proceded to fail to live up to any of the potential it promised throughout development. Expand
  37. Nov 25, 2011
    Terrible, unfinished game. Not even old school games look this bad and the lack of an actual AI past, "I KILL U" and "I NO KILL U" is inexcusable.
  38. Nov 26, 2011
    notch is a complete hack. He gets way too much esteem for his "accomplishments." First off, Minecraft is almost an exact copy of Infiniminer, a game created by Zach Barth. Do a search on Google if you are not familiar with that game. So he is no genius game designer. Secondly, Minecraft runs like crap. Given the way the game looks, it should easily run at 60fps in a browser.notch is a complete hack. He gets way too much esteem for his "accomplishments." First off, Minecraft is almost an exact copy of Infiniminer, a game created by Zach Barth. Do a search on Google if you are not familiar with that game. So he is no genius game designer. Secondly, Minecraft runs like crap. Given the way the game looks, it should easily run at 60fps in a browser. Instead, even on high performance machines, it still does not run smoothly as a standalone application. So he is no genius programmer.

Lastly, he's hired a crew of programmers and started a "game company", yet take a look Minecraft today versus 2 years ago. It's virtually the same game, with a few new crafting items thrown in.

I still don't understand why people regard this game so highly. It feels like a classic "the emperor has no clothes."
  39. Nov 29, 2011
    This is the worst so called 'finished' game I've played for a long time. After reading so many 10/10 reviews I thought this is a must buy, but you should not waste your money on this horrible game. The graphics are terrible, they are the worst kind of lazy programmer 'art'. At first I was quite overwhelmed by the gameplay possibilities, but after exploring caves for ores and built a houseThis is the worst so called 'finished' game I've played for a long time. After reading so many 10/10 reviews I thought this is a must buy, but you should not waste your money on this horrible game. The graphics are terrible, they are the worst kind of lazy programmer 'art'. At first I was quite overwhelmed by the gameplay possibilities, but after exploring caves for ores and built a house I become incredibly bored of the tedious and repetitive nature of the so called gameplay. You should also be warned that there is absolutely no in-game help whatsoever. I had to regularly flick back and to between a help wiki which is completely unacceptable in a finished game. Combat is utterly boring requiring no tactics and it's so easy to use a few simple tricks to never have to worry about them again so there is no challenge. The game is also riddled with bugs that seemingly take years for the creator to fix and the ending is pathetic. Do not be fooled by the sycophantic "professional critics", this is a terrible game! Expand
  40. Nov 30, 2011
    this is a game? XD, bad graphics, this game its boring and bad. this is the game of the year?
  41. Aug 14, 2012
    this game is near the top of my most hated games uv all time! its so stupid and its graphics suck so bad that my eyes threw up. its horrendous and it has terrible gameplay, and its stealing my favorite PC game's thunder, Spore! Spore FTW
  42. Dec 12, 2011
    All my friends are always playing Minecraft. They told me to check it out, so I did. I first decided to check out a video of it first to see if it was any good. It looked so awesome, but was I fooled. Within five seconds of loading a new world, I couldn't help noticing the p*ss-poor graphics and came to the conclusion that the whole game was bad. Do not buy this game, it's a waste.
  43. Dec 28, 2011
    Besides the game looking 20 years old, it is merely Lego on your computer screen. Only 6 year olds should be playing it as everyone else should have grown out of the need to put block on other blocks to make a castle or boat which does nothing, but alas, many have not.
  44. Feb 1, 2013
    I was always hearing my friends say "oh minecraft is so awesome i love it" so I figured it couldn't be THAT bad if everyone said that BOY was I wrong, I started out trying survival mode I got bored of that in 5 minutes and the crafting system was so different that i had to look up how to craft things because there was no tutorial or anything to tell you ANYTHING about the game.then iI was always hearing my friends say "oh minecraft is so awesome i love it" so I figured it couldn't be THAT bad if everyone said that BOY was I wrong, I started out trying survival mode I got bored of that in 5 minutes and the crafting system was so different that i had to look up how to craft things because there was no tutorial or anything to tell you ANYTHING about the game.then i decided i would try creative mode and make some stuff and it is not a bad game if you want to do that but i went back to terraria in 40 min because that actually has good combat also i couldn't play with my friend because it was so hard to figure out his REAL IP address and join it all in all i wish i could get my 20$ back Expand
  45. Apr 2, 2012
    93 metascore?Seriously93?This does deserve 50-60.No,i don;t care about the graphics,they are supposed to be bad anyway.I care about the gameplay,which is bad.REALLY bad.It gets boring very easily,after 2-3 hours it just becomes generic.Why play this when i have Skyrim to play with?
  46. Feb 7, 2012
    Everyone keeps saying this game is good because you can do whatever you want! Let me clarify that for you. Suppose you like reading and someone said that they have a incredible book for you to read. So you buy it and it turns out to be a sheet of paper. You say wtf you ripped me off, and they say no it's a great book you can write whatever you want on that paper! Well that's exactly whatEveryone keeps saying this game is good because you can do whatever you want! Let me clarify that for you. Suppose you like reading and someone said that they have a incredible book for you to read. So you buy it and it turns out to be a sheet of paper. You say wtf you ripped me off, and they say no it's a great book you can write whatever you want on that paper! Well that's exactly what this game is. Nothing! Notch has ripped of so many people it's not even funny. lmao, you can do what ever you want....please there is absolutely nothing at all to do! Worst game in the history of gaming! Expand
  47. Feb 19, 2012
    this game SUCKS! I think that when you play it for 10 minutes, you run out of "fun" stuff to do. This game stinks. the dude who created it should have rethought this. Maybe add some other stuff to the game . ten it might be a little better. I do think that the pixilation effects are beast. Thus game it OK.
  48. Mar 23, 2012
    Not even a real game... Buy a real MMO or RPG! It has the worst graphics ever seen, hell, Jet Set Willy & Monty Mole put this to shame! The fact that so many foolish people hype it up is in itself scary, if you like Lego and are about 7yo you'll probably love it!
  49. Mar 13, 2012
    This game is very bad! There is no gameplay! No plot! No graphic! This is not a game!
  50. Mar 20, 2012
    This game is the most boring piece of **** ever it gets boring after 10 or5 minutes all you do is build **** the graphics are to retro enemies randomly spawn this game is utter **** its just a fail and a abortion of a game
  51. Mar 25, 2012
    This is a very bad game, I have never played a game as bad as this one in my whole entire life, in addition this game looks like it was made in a day by a 2 year old. DON'T BUY THIS GAME YOU WILL REGRET IT !!!
  52. May 2, 2012
    Minecraft, when in BETA, was an incredible fun start to bringing old graphics back into the world. It was actually fairly stable too. But now since it's become more popular, Java has turned bad on it and now all the modifications and the community have ruined how it works. It's just not Minecraft anymore. Sorry guys.
  53. Apr 26, 2012
    Ok, I admit, I am a little bit bias against this game. Simply put, the plot failed to engage me. I felt very little relation to the characters, as the development of the story was very poor. The only thing this game has going for it is its ultimate realism. The graphics are ultra real, but this is another downside to the game, It requires a ridiculous system to run it at full settings.
  54. May 14, 2012
    I gaveMinecraft a zero not a ten :). So what I said before but this is actually what I scored it zero so hopefully I get a correct gamescore this time.
  55. Jun 15, 2012
    A lot of the reviewers here are complaining about the flaws of Minecraft. We should all know that Minecraft will never really be finished. It is constantly being updated; whether Mojang is revamping the mob AI or adding a new block, they're doing something that can potentially change the game each update. A lot of the updates created last year are so irrelevant, considering it is a lotA lot of the reviewers here are complaining about the flaws of Minecraft. We should all know that Minecraft will never really be finished. It is constantly being updated; whether Mojang is revamping the mob AI or adding a new block, they're doing something that can potentially change the game each update. A lot of the updates created last year are so irrelevant, considering it is a lot different than what it was then. You can now change texture packs with ease, for those who have too much swagger for the default. You can try a survival mode and get the blocks yourself, or try a creative world and have them from the start. It is too repetitive for some people, but many of them lack the creative spark it takes to enjoy it. Many architects and non-gamers play this religiously, because it gives them the chance to express their creativity in a way no other game really could. The singeplayer mode by itself does get boring after a while for most players, which is why the multiplayer mode brings some players back. You can play on a server with your friends, and play from the beginning with your friends. You could spawn 1000 mooshrooms in a hole and blow them up, or race to the top of a ladder by killing everyone else on it (invented by the Mindcrack dudes). The possibilities are endless, and will be as each update comes. Your opinion may have changed since alpha. It has for a lot of people. Many different mods allow you to play it the old way, or some which make it even harder. Instead of complaining that it's overrated, you can play an unknown indie game to make yourself feel better. Minecraft will hopefully have updated several times before you come back. Expand
  56. Jun 22, 2012
    Way too overpriced. Simply put. The interface is boring, and the players are simply way too biased. Rate it for what it is. Not for what you think it is.
  57. Jun 26, 2012
    Minecraft was a really cool idea when it first came around. The whole concept had literally endless potential. At the $10 price for the alpha it was great and even at $20 I think is fair enough despite it's shortcomings. It is now $30 which is too much for an incomplete product. I stopped paying it during the Beta and went back for 1.2.5 only to find that almost nothing changed. The gameMinecraft was a really cool idea when it first came around. The whole concept had literally endless potential. At the $10 price for the alpha it was great and even at $20 I think is fair enough despite it's shortcomings. It is now $30 which is too much for an incomplete product. I stopped paying it during the Beta and went back for 1.2.5 only to find that almost nothing changed. The game still had the same inherent limits and problems due to poor core coding on Notches part. The game still lacked proper modding support (which was promised), lacked optimized graphics for low end systems. Still ran poorly on Java (Java is fine but you have to optimize). The part that blows me away is that Mojang made so much money from this small game that you would think they could hire 1 guy to add content and even create proper DLC. The survival mode is still stale and only fun for a several hours until you realize that there is nothing to do once you built your home, mineshaft, and farm. What amazes me is the amount of nothing coming out of Mojang, several modders take time out of their day to provide all the basics that the game is missing via mods and what does Mojang do? Release a patch to break over half of them. The funniest part is how long it takes them to put something out after Notch says he "likes the idea". I remember reading a tweet about the fence doors which took months to get released meanwhile a modder had already made one in about an hour. I don't blame the whole company for dropping the ball on Minecraft, I think what it is is the code they worked with was so bad (Notch) that it was extremely difficult, time consuming, and probably had to be hacked in anyway to get anything added. Notch probably decided to spend more time/money on a new project (Scrolls, which will flop) instead of spending 10x the time to implement something in Minecraft for free. Overall, fun game that had a lot of potential but fell in the lap of someone who lacks creativity and vision. Sure he made a lot of money but if he was more careful and invested a little bit more into Minecraft it would have been a timeless platform for selling DLC packs and official "Mods" for years - think space, crazy dimensions, Heaven, etc). Expand
  58. Jul 1, 2012
    Well, this is one of the best games i have ever played! Its nothing like other games where you have to pay for membership every month just to play... No this game is a 1 time payment, and you are free to do whatever you want to the game. You can modify it and get cool NEW things that the game didn't have originally. You can change the textures of the items in the game! Its very openWell, this is one of the best games i have ever played! Its nothing like other games where you have to pay for membership every month just to play... No this game is a 1 time payment, and you are free to do whatever you want to the game. You can modify it and get cool NEW things that the game didn't have originally. You can change the textures of the items in the game! Its very open source. Unlike other games where you cant do anything but play it *cough SONY cough*. Its an endless sandbox in which you have 2 modes. Creative, and survival. Creative, allows you to build anything you could imagine! You can make things from houses to castles, computers to gadgets, (yes you can make computers). Survival, is a mode in which you start out with nothing, and have to collect resources to survive. It can be a little scary so beware of that, but you can set your difficulty on 4 different modes, peaceful is one that doesn't have monsters or scary music, and you die from less explicit things like hunger, and falling. There is no blood in this game either, and you don't necessarily have to kill EVERYTHING you see... They add new things to the game all the time too! Which i think is really cool.
    There is one, bad thing about this game though. It is extremely addictive. I can hardly ever stay away from this game. Thats how fun it is! But its bad that i spend a lot of my time on it.
  59. Jul 28, 2012
    its is very boring and uninterseting. I like the idea of being able to do whatever you want and it is a very original idea that strays away from traditional ideas for what a game can be.
  60. Aug 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A terribly boring game. It's like playing legos online. Not with the 20 bucks. The swede who made this piece of **** racked in at least 20 million dollars off of this terrible block game. Expand
  61. Nov 13, 2012
    This is just a lego game simulator, this "game" is really boring even on multiplayer, and costs 20$, I know that the pixel graphics are "normal" but they are incredibly bad.
  62. Dec 30, 2012
    I baught this game about 2 years ago. I loved every secound of it, i could never wait to get out of scool just to play it! i wanted to do everything, collect every block, kill every zombie, sheep, spider, craft everything, build a cool house and i did! but there was something that allways made me stop playing. something that made me loose intrest. I ussaly started a new game every time iI baught this game about 2 years ago. I loved every secound of it, i could never wait to get out of scool just to play it! i wanted to do everything, collect every block, kill every zombie, sheep, spider, craft everything, build a cool house and i did! but there was something that allways made me stop playing. something that made me loose intrest. I ussaly started a new game every time i played but i never knew why... now i know. this game is pointless. there is no point in anything you do. you can kill all the zombies collect all the blocks build as many houses as you want but it will now feel rewarding in any way. it seems that most people look at the ultamate goal of this game to collect damounds. and what do you do with them? MAKE A FREAKING DIAMOUND PIC? and what do you do after that? look for more diamounds. that's all there was to this game just collect stuff. there was little no notheng you could do with all the most rare things like gold, iron and diamounds besides buiding more tools to get more diamounds. but they've updated the game a lot but it fells like every update has made the game easier! the hunger gave you regenerating hp the sprinting made it possible to run from spiders the armor update made the armor last at least 10X more and the list goes on. even with all these updates there is still notheng to do in this game. all you do is collect rare items. it's sad rly that this game is so popular. i'm gona talk about some of the updates: the enchantment table interduced an rpg element to the game where by you kill enemys and anamals and get ep to gain levels. you use the levels to upgrade you weapons and armor but this is so pointless it's sad. the only way to level up is to grind zombie after zombie, skellaton after skellaton ec. and what do you get fro this grind? better gear. what's the point? you are able to defend your self just fine without enchantments and there is not rly any monster you need to fight. keep in mind it's hard to explain why this game is so bad and i'm trying to explain it as best i can. there is also multyplayer but that's just as pointless. in multyplayer you are just doing the same pointless thinks with a friend. you can build a house and collect diamounds but that's pointless. it feels like minecraft doesn't know what kind of game it is. is it a survival game? is it a fighting game? is it an rpg? is it a building game? it is all and none of those things. it does not know what it is suposed to be and these "updates" are making the game worse if anything. i think that the thing i tought the most when playing the game is "what should i do now?" i never knew what to do because there is no goal! the game is pointless! there are bad games out there many worse than this one but they all have a point where you start, something you have to do, and a point where you end the game and win. i know there are mods for the game and i've moded the crap out of minecraft many times but even with them the game still feels emty. you can get a mod that adds more monsters to fight but there is no reward for fighting. you can get a mod that lets you create a mineing mechene but there is no point in mineing you can get a mod to give you airplanes to fly around and explore the worl. but there is no point in exploring! THIS GAME HAS NOOOO POINT! NO REWARD FOR DOING ANYTHING! they would have to do a lot to make this game fun for me witch i dubt they will do, now they're trying to relese this pointless game on more platforms to get more money. what do they do with it??? they have so much money! how can they not make this game better when they have soooo much money?!!? one last thing, there is also potion making but that only involves grinding the nether for some crap for hours only to get some potion witch you have no use for since the monsters are rly not that hard to kill. this game is pointless if you don't agree with me feel free to tell me why, i want to hear what you have to say. sorry for the typos. Expand
  63. Mar 29, 2013
    i have played the game, OH YEA i have played this game. it was fun. FOR LIKE 10 MINUTES. i liked modding and the game overall was pretty decent. till now. almost nothing useful has been added, only some serious useless no body's interested of. and this is an overrated piece of garbage anyway, so i say you mojang and your STUPID, OVER RATED trash. period!
  64. Aug 17, 2013
    Now my old review for Minecraft I gave the game a 5/10 now it get's a flipping 0/10 for being one of my most hated games. First of all what makes Minecraft suck are the developers. Notch the original creator of Minecraft made many promises about things he was going to add to Minecraft. He fulfilled 1/100 of those promises and than gave it to Jeb so he didn't have to take the blame for it.Now my old review for Minecraft I gave the game a 5/10 now it get's a flipping 0/10 for being one of my most hated games. First of all what makes Minecraft suck are the developers. Notch the original creator of Minecraft made many promises about things he was going to add to Minecraft. He fulfilled 1/100 of those promises and than gave it to Jeb so he didn't have to take the blame for it. Than we have the new owner of Minecraft Jeb. Jeb completely ruined the game by adding all this new stuff that made the game look and feel worse. Everything went downhill from 1.8 and Jeb has only made it fall at a rapid rate. The game was not complete when released. It had little content and looked horrid compared to what it use to look like. Now we get rare updates that add more adventure qualities to a CREATIVE game! Look at the new update for example it added horses and that's about it and how long did it take them like an entire 2 months. This game is a sorry excuse for a game and I wish to see it burn! Minecraft is now a PvP game with terrible combat! 0/10 Expand
  65. Apr 29, 2013
    The worst game ever created. The graphics: must I explain? They are lazy and terrible beyond the appropriate words I am going to use in this review. The combat sucks. The building is decent at best. The enemy AI is horrible. The friendly AI is horrible. The developers spend more time using their ocean of money and playing April fools jokes than updating the game. What does this godThe worst game ever created. The graphics: must I explain? They are lazy and terrible beyond the appropriate words I am going to use in this review. The combat sucks. The building is decent at best. The enemy AI is horrible. The friendly AI is horrible. The developers spend more time using their ocean of money and playing April fools jokes than updating the game. What does this god forsaken game have? The answer is simple: Nothing. Play a much better copy, or better sandbox games like ROBLOX and Terraria. This hellhole mess should be destroyed on sight. Expand
  66. Jun 22, 2013
    Boring game without any interesting updates. We have a promise from Mojang about new Mod API, new animals, adventure mode etc but we didn't get any new features apart from useless horses. It was revolution before, but now Mojang broken their nice game to something which is rubbish and boring.
  67. Aug 29, 2013
    Ugh, just terrible. Sure, good graphics doesn't mean a good game, but this game was bad in every aspect. What is this game? What exactly is the purpose of this game? It's not about creativity, it's not what the game developer aimed for. The game is terrible and deserves this nil. As another person suggested, this is merely Lego on your computer screen, and yes, the Minecraft communityUgh, just terrible. Sure, good graphics doesn't mean a good game, but this game was bad in every aspect. What is this game? What exactly is the purpose of this game? It's not about creativity, it's not what the game developer aimed for. The game is terrible and deserves this nil. As another person suggested, this is merely Lego on your computer screen, and yes, the Minecraft community consists of under aged immature kids. Expand
  68. Sep 29, 2013
    This game is horrible, let me first start by saying the graphics are just HORRIBLE, and the game is way too overpriced. The only thing you can do in this game is place stupid blocks. Combat is also boring, there are no animatons and the sound effects are horrible. 0 out of 10
  69. Jan 4, 2014
    Minecraft gets really boring after a few hours. Without any objective given, you quickly lose interest in playing. The developers don't even care about the game and the community has to make mods in order to give it some variety. Also, the combat is horrible, you can't talk to NPC's, enemy AI is garbage and building structures becomes tedious after a while.

Minecraft is terribly

Minecraft is terribly overrated and Youtube is polluted with videos of little kids making Let's Plays of this game in hope to earn a quick buck from subscriptions. A shameless ripoff of Infiniminer and doesn't do anything original or interesting to be considered worth playing.
  70. Feb 23, 2015
    ****
    no storyline
    **** like graphics
    servers full of morons
    have no good sides
    realism is ****
    only good side is creative
    worthless piece crap
    game boring out a hell
  71. Feb 23, 2014
    Useless. Just one word to describe it. Is a game that can entertain you for 3/4 hours before that you realize that your life can go on without build cubic virtual houses in mud and crap.
  72. Jun 11, 2014
    Ehh i have to say this game was PERFECT until 1.8 patch. The added all RPG and **** stuff wich completly destroyed the feeling of minecraft. It was a great, simple and FUN game. Now? It's stupid, boring and completly not fun game..
  73. Mar 29, 2014
    Wow, this game really restricts your creativity. I mean, all you can make are giant penises. I haven't jerked off in about two years because I'm so sick of seeing penises. I'm even afraid of my own penis now. I haven't changed pants in about ten years. Well, I guess I'm gonna go play some DickCraft. See ya big boy.
  74. Apr 27, 2014
    It's EXTREMELY OVERRATED. It's REALLY freaking boring. The only time I have ever played is online and it gets boring after a couple of hours. It's really a crappy game.
  75. Jun 6, 2014
    They are wasting my time, as a server owner, trying to get all my plugins ready for the UUID change, they have been planning this for over 2 years now, and it takes 2-3 months, and there is no update still, the community is also falling in the gutter.
  76. May 9, 2015
    This game was good before 1.8 beta, with people making amazing pixel art and there were amazing vanilla servers.
    Now it's just a couple of 12 year old kids trying to be funny on the internet by playing on extremely modded servers that make completely no sense, griefing and hacking.
    If you dislike this review than you're a 12 year old kid yourself.
  77. Aug 7, 2014
    Why? Why would you play a game with so little effort? No replay value? No "Gameplay"? A game that rips off so many great games. don't buy this game! this is nothing more than a novelty item that became over hyped. if you want a game where you can unleash your creativity try the sims or simcity or an city building game for that matter. I know that all you fanboys out there are going toWhy? Why would you play a game with so little effort? No replay value? No "Gameplay"? A game that rips off so many great games. don't buy this game! this is nothing more than a novelty item that became over hyped. if you want a game where you can unleash your creativity try the sims or simcity or an city building game for that matter. I know that all you fanboys out there are going to shred this review to pieces but I don't care. get a life. Expand
  78. Oct 8, 2014
    Not worth the purchase at all! The game is full of bugs and glitches! It wouldn't download on my PC either. The controls were easy. I don't recommend Minecraft to anybody!
  79. TSW
    Oct 27, 2014
    I've finally fond a website where my school friends won't kill me because this game is the worst me I've ever played! Horrible game design with the lack of any tutorial, no graphics worth a damn and no character what so ever! I feel robbed of the £15 I spent on this turd!
  80. Jul 7, 2016
    Minecraft is actually quite a fun experience. Your aim is a collect blocks and stack them. If you're an imaginative person you can quite possibly pretend that the game is an amazing adventure.The graphics isn't the problem, the "game" is the problem and such high metascore for a map editor.It takes me 15 minutes to log into MY OWN server due to Minecrafts central server having issues withMinecraft is actually quite a fun experience. Your aim is a collect blocks and stack them. If you're an imaginative person you can quite possibly pretend that the game is an amazing adventure.The graphics isn't the problem, the "game" is the problem and such high metascore for a map editor.It takes me 15 minutes to log into MY OWN server due to Minecrafts central server having issues with validation.However, if you don't feel like taking your time and finding new mods to try and extend the game's playtime, many of these mods will find their way into actual Mojang official updates. Expand
  81. Mar 1, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The most overrated game EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  82. Mar 20, 2015
    Minecraft is the dumbest game in the universe and is full of angry kids too. The price is expensive. 30 dollars for a stupid game. Mojang is trying to make money by selling a stupid game. Terraria is way better.
  83. Apr 26, 2015
    Most of people likes the game, and its ok, but the game is not very good in my opinion, WHY??

THE COMMUNITY: A lot of bad players and people that wants an original account of the game (they play it pirate) to play in servers "premium" and play with their "GODS" (more sarcasm, but in some chases true) GRAPHICS: graphics of 1993!! CONCLUTION: I PLAYED THIS GAME SINCE 2012, BUT THE

GRAPHICS: graphics of 1993!!

CONCLUTION: I PLAYED THIS GAME SINCE 2012, BUT THE GAME LOSED CUALITY AND ITS NOT THE SAME, SINGLEPLAYER IS VERY GOOD!!
  84. May 22, 2015
    i think its not a very good game because of its bad graphic but its a real open world game as i seen ever before
    another negetive notice of this game is that we cant use mods easily its hard to work.with the mods
  85. Dec 7, 2015
    Before complaining i have to say, the original concept of this game is just phenomenal,
    it could have become one of the best games of all times but there are a few important
    problems, or should I say one big problem (because all the problems that are currently in this game come from this major issue), namely the develloper, Mojang, after having a great idea, and realizing it in a very
    from this major issue), namely the develloper, Mojang, after having a great idea, and realizing it in a very good
    way with the possibilities that they had back then, has become very rich, and since then it seems that he didn't
    invest more in his game, just the strict minimum (if the minimum is at a very low level), it seems that he just
    counted on some free-to-employ modders to add some content and fix all the problems. Because there are plenty of problems. First the content. The only enjoyable gamemode is the survival (or the creative, it depends)
    , the singleplayer mode. But there after sometime it can become very boring because of the lack of content,
    besides the basic content ( that i don't have to explain to you, I guess), there have been a few contents that have been added to, in these years after the launch, but you have passed around them very quickly, I'll give you
    an example : one of the major additional contents that have been added are the villages, they've been made
    to bring a little bit life in the game, but they only consist of some sandstone blocks with glass windows and
    wooden doors, and the only life fulling it are the npc villagers whose only utillity is to exchange things with the player ( in a very simplistic way, I assure you), this and the other contentless content cannot keep on your
    interest for a very long time, and I want to add this, I find the world very small, not in it's lenght of course, but in
    it's maximum height (or in it 's depth if you see things from the sky) and in the structures generated.
    The other main problem is a technical one, a game with so basic programming and such a lack of content
    that is all generated randomly (procieding after one six numbered seed), and I have to add, VERY, VERY **** GRAPHICS, is destined to work perfectly, even on the **** computer or gameboy. But that's not
    the case (the opposite is the case), and if you want to have acceptable, basic graphics you need a very strong
    computer, for example, my computer can run any game with the highest settings perfectly (whitout minecraft).
    So I have to conclude, and say that I regrett that I bought this game rather than cracking it on the internet,
    because I find it very inacceptable that people won millions with a game, whith not so many work on it, and while earning more and more millions, spitting on people's face with successively adding some half-ready content to make a very poor beta version. I find this game should be given to proffesional developpers (people who know how to programm a game that runs properly) to make it a good game by making it bigger better and funnier (there are plenty of ways to do this). Then maybe I see some hope for this game, and it should be considered one of the (hundred) best games of all times.
  86. Nov 7, 2015
    This is probably the best game ever made in my opinion. So you're probably wondering why I rate it a big fat ZERO when my opinion of the game is so high. Well to be frank the community is ruined beyond repair and you will never find a decent server that actually lasts. The average age of Minecraft players is around 10, and even if there are a few older players most of those are reallyThis is probably the best game ever made in my opinion. So you're probably wondering why I rate it a big fat ZERO when my opinion of the game is so high. Well to be frank the community is ruined beyond repair and you will never find a decent server that actually lasts. The average age of Minecraft players is around 10, and even if there are a few older players most of those are really immature or vapid. For example I met one guy in his late twenties and all he did was build box houses.

Which leads me to my main quarrel with the community; nobody actually builds things anymore. It is a shame that the ultimate sandbox has been turned into a cheap survival/PVP game by stupid brats. Most servers are p2w now, the last one I played on gave full protection 4 armor to players who "donated." I consider myself a builder, I made really nice things in this game, and was made staff on a few servers because my builds were so high quality. It was immensely frustrating to me because no one else seemed to even try and servers ended up full of ugly box houses no matter how much the server's staff stressed the importance of good building.

Mojang is not enforcing their EULA and taking down servers that violate it by selling overpowered items. They will not even take the time to reply to your report apparently. What really grinds my gears though is they've put the last year of development into making a "PVP update" that basically caters to the same PVP crowd that has turned Minecraft multiplayer into a p2w PVP fest. Mojang could easily go after the few websites that allow players to set up these "donation" shops but I suspect those websites have bribed them into looking the other way by giving them a portion of the profits.
  87. Nov 20, 2015
    this game is bringing the gaming experience back to 1970 . dont even try to play beacouse then you will feel mad for wasting 10mb from your pcs harddrive
  88. Feb 9, 2016
    Minecraft is a game that receives much praise and adoration for being an intuitive and ground-breaking game, despite the lack of actual gameplay present. Many people defend the game saying that it is a bastion for creativity and design, yet everything Minecraft related that I ever see is "[insert already existing franchise] Minecraft version!"

The big selling point of the game is that

The big selling point of the game is that you can do anything you want, except play a functional game. Essentially, Minecraft is an early-access game under the guise of a fully developed game.
  89. Aug 13, 2016
    Play Minecraft to cook some raw fish, because they smell really nasty. Kill some mobs before you get on their plate, so you don't get to feel the pain. And then you craft and mine and dig, to gain experience points ya. And then you strike to get raw pork from pigs, it has no end but it's still the best game.

(Chorus: It's the eye of the spider it's poison in one bite, oh look out, I'm

(Chorus: It's the eye of the spider it's poison in one bite, oh look out, I'm an excellent fighter. The creepers and the zombies other mobs of the night, spiders give you some string and the eye, of the spider.)

Never eat the rotten flesh, it makes you starve in the night. Tame a wolf and train it to play fetch, just don't hit if you want to survive.

(Chorus)

Don't fall into the void it's so odd, when it comes to your days they're the last ones. Israphel he's no evil game mod, just the villain of the great Yogscast.

(Chorus)

(The eye of the spider) x4
  90. Aug 20, 2016
    The graphics are pure **** when everyone is defending them for some reason. I love pixels but when you can see them so dang close it is lazy and stupid. The community is trash and all of the players are retarted. People love the fighting mechanics even though there just clicking the mouse button repetitively. This game is so milked and is a 100% cash grab for youtubers andThe graphics are pure **** when everyone is defending them for some reason. I love pixels but when you can see them so dang close it is lazy and stupid. The community is trash and all of the players are retarted. People love the fighting mechanics even though there just clicking the mouse button repetitively. This game is so milked and is a 100% cash grab for youtubers and mojang/microsoft. Kids are buying these worthless merchandise. Lets talk about the gameplay...boring survival game and the main objective is to go to the end and kill the ender dragon. Nothing else? Why do we need to kill the ender dragon? This game should have a story but it doesn't. The multiplayer games are just building and killing and nothing else...maybe parkour but other than that nothing cause everything is generic! The new updates are bullcrap and are so useless they only do the updates now at days for the sake of it! This game in general is bad and just another game for money and to milk. Expand
  91. Sep 12, 2016
    I have a GTX1080. A 4GHz quad core CPU. 16 GB RAM.

This game runs worse than Witcher 3 on max graphics. The performance is a joke. It's barely playable.
  92. Dec 15, 2016
    Well,in the begins,this game is fantastic,but three hours later,you just say:This game sucks!Notch isn't creative.The blocks are very limited,and the gameplay is boring.Please,listen to me:Don't play this game!

1. Feb 6, 2012
    The 1.0 version of the indie phenomena is still obviously unfinished and flawed in many ways, but it's so easy to forget that when you're building your dream castle, exploring scary caves and vast mountain ranges and having a great time in its blocky world.
  2. Jan 30, 2012
    While Minecraft may not be everybody's cup of tea, I doubt anyone can deny that it's an important step into new territory.
  3. games(TM)
    Jan 29, 2012
    A must-play title - as much a part of videogaming as it is anything else. [Issue#118, p.102]