7.0

1. Oct 10, 2011
    The best sport simulator to date.Good game play changes. Very nice feature like training camp,very useful to learn special movements.But strange blacktop and bad online stability spoils the impression.
  2. Sep 20, 2012
    This game is garbage....if you want to play the career mode (My player), avoid it at all costs since you'll just get frustrated. Its scripted, game wins/loses are scripted and there's nothing you as a player can do about it, no matter how well you play. Blocks are scripted, meaning that once you block someone or get blocked, you cant do anything until the blocked player does a 180 around the blocker. Shots are absolutely horrid, there's no sense of control over the player (on average you'll be missing 4-5 out of 10 every time, no matter where you shoot from). Too bad there's no alternative basketball games out there. Guess it makes sense that this game is garbage, lack of competition. I'd give it a -10 if there was such a score. Expand
  3. Dec 30, 2011
    Great game, pretty much the same as last years'. PC works great with an Xbox 360 wired controller. My Player makes you want to stop playing this game altogether, though.
  4. Jan 28, 2012
    Everything in 2K12 is a step up from its predecessor the presentation, the menu, the legendary games. However the gameplay makes the game almost worthless. For some reason, it's almost impossible to score when you're less than 10 feet away from the basket, but you shoot ( and especially your opponent) about 60 to 70% when you're near or behind the 3 pts shot. You can't defend one on one and for some reason you can't drive to the basket, you're opponent is like a brick wall that the player you control just has to run into. I'm sorry to report this because I would love to play those legends game but I take absolutely no pleasure when I play 2K12 and that's why I buy video games. Expand
  5. Oct 7, 2011
    Essentially the same game as on PS3/X360. Best sports game to date, sadly online stability and playability are not up to par with today's sport title standards.
  6. Mar 3, 2012
    NBA 2K12 is very good, in theory. It has great visuals, an amazing soundtrack, and a nice array of gameplay options. The MyPlayer mode in particular is really fun, and well designed. Unfortunately, I feel like this game is meant to be played on a console. The PC version controls are very obviously still meant to use two analog control sticks, and on a keyboard, things work terribly. Trying to re-map keys so that the game plays more smoothly did not help at all (or at least didn't for me). The menus are also awful. Not only is it hard to navigate around, but information gets displayed in the most annoying ways. I actually have had fun playing NBA 2K12, but I can't overlook how bad it is in certain aspects. Expand
  7. Apr 13, 2012
    Been playing My player at the moment. Way too scripted which takes away from realism. You having crap attributes yet you first round pick? Next you start as 7th choice in terms of playing time. After a few games you up to 6th. After 19 games where i've done little (averaging 4points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists) I'm the starting SF for the knicks ahead of Carmelo Anthony. Gimme a break! The post match interviews also make little sense when you a bit part player. your responses imply that you are key. Would prefer to have a more than 1 question but only every few games interview. Having crap guards also makes the game frustrating. Every other pg seems to be able to run rings around lin and score 30 or so points a game whereas he charges into traffic and takes bad shots (if you look at his tendencies will see why) I like the presentation re. the half time breaks where they show what is happening in other matches and the news you can get about other teams and your own in between games but this shouldn't be the main focus of the developers.

Started playing on a harder level and the game gets even worse. On the easiest level your teammates are about right but opponents useless. If you change to hall of fame your teammates are useless and opponents about right. Lost 5 in a row with lakers against crap teams like suns and raptors. Blake shot 0/11 one game as starting pg. Next game Gasol decided to keep shooting 3s and hit none of them and 3/12 fgs overall. Next game opponents got 60% 3pts against and outrebounded 3 to 1 despite lakers having way better rebounders. My Player mode is basicly unplayable unless you just choose a scoring guard and do everything yourself.
  8. May 21, 2012
    This game looks so fun, and i think it's a great game... for console... this game is **** for pc, and i utterly regret buying it. no game have ever been more frustrating to me. even if you really try to learn some of the moves that you can do, you go in the training camp mode, and they even show you how to do it... on a ****ing ps3 controller! what the hell am i supposed to use that for? also blocking people seem to be near impossible and i still, after around 4 hours of gaming, haven't for the life of me figured out how to dunk... whenever i run up to the net press the buttons that should make me dunk, my player for some reason stops up instead, and holds on to the ball, making me end up hoping to win on 3-pointers. so as a result, this game is one of the worst games i have ever played on pc, and i think if you make a game that is so obviously meant for consoles... do not sell it for pc, or at least have a big fat warning sign when you buy it... Expand
  9. Sep 23, 2012
    The game's My Player and Creating A Legend is amazing, and the DLC is worth it. Best 2k game of all time. Everything is a plus and the new Home screen is great. A non-regrettable buy!
  10. Oct 15, 2011
    Controls are utter feces. Nothing ingame has been changed from the PS3 version and the game wants you to use ASWD and 2486 as analog sticks. Good luck doing a rotating dunk on the numpad.

Buy it for a console instead, it's not meant for a PC
  11. Nov 13, 2011
    The best sports game ever. Period. The gameplay is even better than it was in 2K11. The only thing i found messed up with the game is the Blacktop mode. You can no longer play 1 on 1 or 2 on 2 and so on. The only feature of Blacktop now is playing 5 on 5.
  12. Dec 30, 2011
    Overall, NBA 2K12 is a great sports game. The keyboard controls take a while to get used to but there is so much content in the game and is very addictive. The matches feel authentic due to the commentary and the whole feel of the game. A superb basketball game.
  13. Dec 20, 2011
    Game is fun but so many many technical flaws make this frustrating pretty soon and you will put this game down after the initial experience wears off.

First of all I play with the 360 controller which I highly recommend. I cannot speak for the keyboard controls because I havent taken time to get used to them..

The gameplay is very smooth and has the most realistic feel than any other
    basketball game you have played out there...but it is the tiny little things that add up to make you want to put this game away for good..a few examples of which I will share

1. On a fastbreak the CPU easily intercepts and controls your passes regardless of how much advantage you had. It takes just one defender standing in the middle of the paint, sticks his arm out and the ball is his almost all of the time unless you pass the ball to a cutting teammate when you are right within layup range yourself. Also the speed at which the CPU runs back on defense does not depend on speed or quickness ratings at all..Even big men will run faster than guards and leave you feeling unsatisfied on the fastbreak so many times because the defense unrealistically tightened up on you when you had a head of steam on them...this really adds up. Fastbreak is one of the most exciting parts of playing basketball in real of video game and if you dont get to have fun with it then you can see how the more grinding parts of playing the game will get to you slowly..

2. It is too hard to make a driving layup or slash to the bucket in this game on half court. It is so hard to break someone off the dribble..even the big men...It is so bad that you will end up playing a jumpshot oriented game eventually because of how unfruitful trying to slash to the basket can be majority of the times.

3. Trade logic is horribe in Association mode and My player mode..the CPU teams make the most horrendous trades. Completely unbalanced, unnecessary, trading for a player when they dont even need someone who plays his position. CPU teams may end up having a logjam at guard positiion..It just kills the feel of advancing through the game. The NBA teams look like a joke the deeper you go in.

4. The game will feel rigged at times. Especially when the CPU is trying to make a comeback. Your wideopen shots will fail but they can hit contested fadeaway 3s.

There are many tiny things like this that will turn you off from this game. I am a big NBA fan so it is hard for me to simply let go off this game...but it wont be the same for everyone..

A patch is supposed to come out for PC but it wont be for around a month or even more from me writing this review. You cannot leave a game this unpolished and flawed out for users to have to play with...

PS: the online feature is garbage and does not work on PC..
  14. Jan 4, 2012
    I have not enjoyed a sports sim this much since Tiger Woods PGA 2003!
    I was not a fan of NBA 2K11, which I found buggy and clunky. So having now fully played this, it is nothing short of a revelation. Clearly the best basketball game on the pc to date. A genuinely polished product that is as much a delight to watch as to play. Awesomely deep custom modes covering every element of the
    sport. Responsive control system, and simply a joy to play. Expand
  15. Jul 21, 2012
    My rating would be higher if the game didn't have all those major functional freezes, which throw away all the experience. The game itself, the gameplay, is superb. A wonderful delicattessen for any true basketball fun. You can play tactically and slow, or just run and shoot. The physics, movements, and impacts are greatly done, it is the best basketball game ever by far.

But the PC
    version was released with some major bugs that just ruined the potential perfection. Expand
  16. Apr 3, 2013
    Une mise jour ratée du fabuleux 2K11, un bug honteux ou tous les joueurs en repli défensif courent la même vitesse, des graphismes inférieurs.
    2 bonnes choses tout de même, le jeu au poste et le mode légende.
    Et toujours les mods qui sur cet opus couvrent plusieurs décennies de basket.

1. Jan 16, 2012
    NBA 2K12 is a true act of love for basketball: a fun game with great audio and graphic, and with several gameplay's improvements. Higly recommended.
  2. Jan 10, 2012
    2K's NBA is still the best sports simulator out there.
    Its visuals are perfect, controls are friendly and historical matches are fun. [Nov 2011]