4.6

1. Oct 3, 2013
    The 2k team really screwed the pc fans again this year with another terrible port with last gen graphics. Pay the same price as everyone else, yet we still got left behind. This company is easily becoming as bad as EA.
  2. Oct 1, 2013
    Purely a roster update, and no fixes from last year's bugs. Please don't give 2K your money, they don't deserve it. No texture updates, game looks like it is from the beginning of this generation instead of at the end. My Player mode yet again pits you against people who are on average 10 or more points overall better than you, the game will dock you points for your teammate mistakes. This game is closer to NBA Jam than the NBA. Expand
  3. Oct 2, 2013
    This is just NBA2k13 with a roster update. PC systems are several times more powerful than the current consoles but why do devs keep holding back?
    NBA2k11 looks exactly like 2k14.

Graphics are too old, controls have changed again and are ackward so prepare to spend some time learning them again.
    CPU still cheats like crazy (silly boundary defense, steals, rebound between 5 players and
    boxed out).

Commentary is still good as usual, presentation is also nice with nice intros, music, facts/stats.
    But nothing really changed compared to previous years.

Annoying Bugs:
    A loose ball can bounce around without even touching anyone from left to right.
    Player reaction towards a loose ball: there is none, they wait till the opponent grabs the ball first and then reacts. You can't move either cause you're in a locked animation.

Force field defense and boundaries. You can't move past a defender on higher difficulties when you make your dribble move because the game has predetermined that you won't score.
    I crossed my opponent and he was 3m away from me but I still couldn't move forward.

Dumb teammates AI, they seem to follow you around and are always in your way.

Holding fouls during myplayer still aren't being called. You want to go to your position for a play and you cross the paint: the defense will hold you like crazy and you can't move anywhere.

and many other annoying bugs that happened in previous games still happen in 2k14.

Not worth the money.
  4. Oct 28, 2013
    This game is terrible. Waste of 30 dollars. The nba2k.com site is just as broken as the account system. After installing the game and finally getting past the lebron james screen i needed to create an account and tie it to my cd key. 2 days later i needed to do a fresh install of windows so i did, after re-installing the game my key no longer works and the game simply gives me a red label on the cd key field with no description. I contacted support and after 6 days they got back to me, asking for my system specs. I told them to forget...I'm obviously not worth their time. Worst 30 bucks I've ever spent. Expand
  5. Nov 10, 2013
    Very sad 2k release. You call for the ball and 90% of the time you get punished for "Bad ball call" even if you are wide open. Even if you have an perfect release shot you miss if the game wants you to. Blocking is nice but the NPC's will still slide across the floor at high rates of speed to cut you off. Even a Center will out run you. The game also changes release times from game to game. Not based on skills but random(On Normal). Fast Break works early in the my player but after about 20 or so games you can kiss fast break good bye. If you break out an any NPC gets close you will have the ball knocked away and you get punished for loose ball and it will either be a turnover or the ball rolls out of bounds and becomes a turnover. So somehow you lose control of the ball if an NPC is around and either way it will be a turnover because in the NBA you cannot keep control of the ball at all? Joke of a game. Expand
  6. Oct 2, 2013
    First of all, I would like to start off by saying that this game is poorly optimized for pc .The control scheme for pro stick is terrible .There is NO WAY to get to the rim using purely keyboard I would also like to touch on the game modes in NBA 2K14.There are no new modes other than Path To Greatness which is a useless mode and also 2K also removed Create A Legend which was a scaled down version of MyCareer
    However, I got to compliment 2ksports for making MyCareer slightly easier for players who are new to the game or the series as It gives you detailed information on your matchup's strengths and weakness by using a grading system.BUGS also have not been fixed. In conclusion, DO NOT waste
    your money and get a different game this game is not worth it and it seems like an updated version
    of NBA 2K13. However feel free to try this game if you intend to do so but don't be disappointed when you realise how terrible this game is.
  7. Oct 19, 2013
    Same graphics, horrible new controls (prostick). Players that aren't stars shoot way too much (Dereck Fisher putting up 15 shots a game, more than Durant). Same voice actors, offense comes way to easily. CPU (hall of fame) seem to only make and take the most impossible shots, yet can't make the easy shots. Rebounding once again is terrible. Only plus side to the game is defense at the rim and slightly smoother animations. Don't buy this game, get nba 2k13, hell even 2k11 (best in the series). Mod the crap out of it and it'll be better than nba 2k14.

Pros: Interior Defense, slightly better animations

Cons: Prostick, same graphics, very little actual updates, lacks large amount of features from console game, rebounding, shooting, CPU, attribute caps

If you could revert the controls, this game would nearly identical to last year. Good thing they got rid of Jay-z's blatant advertisements. Don't buy game. Go torrent it at the most, maybe that'll get 2k's attention
  8. Nov 12, 2013
    Worst game in all NBA 2k. No improvements in graphics and physics of models since last year. Worst gameplay: AI is stupid, but when you level up the difficulty, it shows really incredible situations: during money time your opponents with rating of 65 or 70 score 3 points in 80% situations or make a steal easily from LeBron or other star player and win the game, their speed become insane for some moments, they knows your actions before you release the buttons, and many many many other silly things which make the game imbalanced. Music and sound is OK, but nothing great. This game isn't good anymore, totally waste of time facing annoying gameplay. Expand
  9. Nov 10, 2013
    Disgusting, previous gen console port. NO next gen features were included in the pc version. There are several features only available on the ps4 and xbone version of the game. Don't waste your money, don't waste your time. Let 2k know that offering a lesser experience on the pc is not acceptable and not worth money.
  10. Jan 9, 2014
    The only thing 2k improved is the gameplay. You can block layups/dunks now (that this even has to be a feature...that's basic stuff!) and the whole gameplay feels smoother than 2k13. But gameplay feels really random to me. There are this momentum swings again, where one team hits every shot, gets every loose ball and so in in one half, just to see the momentum swing to the opponent and get crushed in the 2nd half. EVERY. GAME! Also it seems like some ratings doesn't matter. A Ronnie Brewer with a 62 3pt rating is a better shooter than Steve Novak or Paul George (I have these 3 players in an online association, and brewer hits by far more 3s than the other two with mostly perfect release timings on open shots). It also seems like everyone can block every shot/layup now. Some Point Guards showcase chasedown blocks even against players like LeBron James.
    Besides that, 2k14 is just a roster update from 2k13. They even removed working things from the game. For example you cannot practice plays in Online Association mode anymore.
    Furthermore they didn't fix any bugs and just created more. The settings in Online Associations do not save any more and you have to change shot feedback and everything else you change from default settings all the time you log into the OA.

Most annoying thing with this game: I only buy it to play in my 3 different online leagues, I play for several years now. It has never been hard to enjoy like this year before (okay maybe 2k12 was very hard, too). The servers are down nearly 1/3 of the time since release. They are up some days and down again over the weekend. And this happens nearly every week. Now over the holidays they have eben been down for 2 straight weeks, then up for 4 days and now down again since 3 days....

All in all, I have fun playing this game. When I actually can play it, which is not that often due to server downtimes.
  11. Nov 15, 2013
    I really enjoyed 2k13, especially the my player portion. This new iteration I purchased isn't very fun to play...they seem to have changed the controls, instead of the 2k13 shot feedback which shows where you released the ball, now you only get 'too early' or 'too late', and playing it just feels clunky. I'm not happy obviously. What happened 2k? My only solace is that I got it on sale..although I wish I could travel back in time and stop myself from buying it in the first place. Expand
  12. Nov 26, 2013
    just toooooooooo horrible Waste of money and time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do not buy this asasaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  13. Oct 24, 2013
    Broken online mode. 3 points is killing 1v1 matches. This game is Call of Duty in Sport Sims. All money spend on ADs. Game dont have any changes in this year too.
    (Обзор gamerstv.ru)
  14. Oct 7, 2013
    Bought it without checking the reviews, figured it'll be ok to trust the nba 2k franchise to keep raising the bar for this game title. 5 mins in after the title loads up, i had to double check to see if i hadn't loaded up nba2k13 from a year ago by mistake.

The graphic's the same, the audio and visuals fillers between games are the same. The game movement are clunky compared to nba2k13.

Spend your money on nba2k13, or nba 2k12 for a better nba2k experience. Cos there's really nothing new here, cept for how they suprise you in giving them money for the same game from last year.

Big disappointment.
  15. Oct 6, 2013
    What an utter waste of money. The game is nothing you couldn't have gotten from an older variant and does nothing to really impress you. I can't help but feel I wasted both my time and money on this.
  16. Dec 2, 2013
    unfortunately I bought this game at Steam. I played so much the NBA 2k12, but the 2K14 is worst!
    First, the game just open when I set to "XP compatibility" and click on exe manually.

The graphics is horrible, the gameplay is outdate....
  17. Oct 9, 2013
    I am willing to bet that any positive reviews for the PC version are either 2K employees or console players who accidentally went to the wrong section. It's a $30.00 roster update for a stripped-down version of the number one selling NBA game...with no competition.
  18. Oct 13, 2013
    Almost EXACTLY the same game as last year with a few minor changes. Of course there is the roster update, however that is really where it stops becoming a new game. "Create a Player" feature is 99% (not official) the same with VERY MINOR tweaks made to it. Mainly just minor visual changes. Graphics look EXACTLY the same as 2K13 did. Tracks off the "2K Beats" are decent as usual for a 2K game. If you really think about you are basically paying $29.99 (MSRP) for a roster update. Controls are slightly different, and they took me longer to get use to than 2K13. At the end of the day I wish I would have waited for the relaunch of the NBA Live franchise this year and made my choice after that. Expand
  19. Nov 6, 2013
    Don't get me wrong I do like this game, Well I liked 2k 13, so that means I will "like" this one. Its is basically an exact copy of last years game with the same scoreboard and graphics etc. This is basically saying, pay $50 for a roster update, the New Orleans Pelicans team and a blue UI. Even the Bulls jersey is pink still. PC's are more powerful then the current- gen consoles, but 2k hold back. If I were you I would wait for the next-gen release, You might as well spend half the price on 2k13 because you aren't getting many more features in 2k 14. I might as well add that it is crucial to have Xbox controller plugged into your PC to enjoy this game, They put little to no effort in keyboard controls. Expand
  20. Dec 17, 2013
    The PC version is EXACTLY the same as last year including their usual horrible roster update that is full of missing players and bad, bad ratings. Despite what 2K wants you to think, it really does NOT play any differently from last years PC game. Oh, and some info for you online players, 2K's servers STILL suck (no surprise I'm sure).

It actually is rather difficult trying to decide
    exactly which generation got the worst copy of this game. The only thing PC has going for it is a rather loyal modding community which tries it's damnedest to fix the mistakes 2K makes year after year.

Does the modding community make the 2K ignored PC version better than the VC poisoned XBone/PS4 version? Maybe a little bit. But the PC version has been stuck in the same state since 2K turned it out on PC in 2K9. There really have been minimal improvements in it over the years and definitely nothing of note in this years version.

If 2K continues to ignore the PC version while pushing VC into every nook and cranny on their next gen versions, it might be time to tell them we've had enough (scratch that, it IS time to tell them we're sick of it). Don't pick this one up on any platform and you should give 2K15 a pass as well.
  21. Dec 24, 2013
    I can't even call this 2k13 with a roster update. That would mean 2k13 was just as bad as this game and it's not. Bugs are present and the fact they went with the PS3/360 versions for this PC port shows just how lazy they were by releasing this game. You're better off saving your money instead of throwing it away on this garbage. Go outside and play basketball in your driveway because it's highly more enjoyable than anything that this game has to offer.

Seriously, this is a steaming pile of garbage. No manual saving, so it's very very easy to have files get overwritten. My Career mode is exactly the same from the year before. No new features added to this version of the game, just bugs. More bugs and bugs and bugs. Screw 2k.
  22. Jan 18, 2014
    Same game as 2k13. Just added some new logos and some design changes, and updated roster. Yet another time does game companies not recognise PC-gamers as sports gamers. Just get 2k13 instead. Or get 2k14 on a next gen console.
  23. May 7, 2014
    Horrible horrible horrible game, built for frustration and not much fun to be had. The controls are abysmal, they are on the level of the worst play controls for any game I've ever played. Trying to control your players is like trying to control someone with a 2 second reaction time on the slickest of ice. Nothing makes intuitive sense in this game AT ALL. From the times you will press the pass button and instead of passing to the most obvious wide open player in front of you, it throws it across the court to a guy in double coverage, to the times when your guy is tripping over his own feet for 3+ seconds while you are unable to pass it to the painfully wide open guy - this game is just awful.

Running a play from the play book is comical, good luck trying to execute any of that in a timely fashion. The game doesn't even feel finished - and it's like the 10th incarnation of this trash so there's absolutely zero excuse.

The MyCareer mode is a complete joke. Playing offense is atrocious enough with your completely gimped player, but defense is just beyond believable. How do people put up with this **** I guess I forget the demographic that typically gets sold on this game hasn't necessarily seen a good game before to know how comparitively awful of an experience this game provides compared to even the most mediocre of games out there. I played perfect defense (which is hard enough to do in a game that provides no good way to defend a ball handler) and was up in a guys face the whole time, all the way until the point where I'm directly on him and jumping up to block his shot, perfectly right in front of his face. Shot cock violation. Do I get "team points" for forcing the violation? Nah. But what do I see as the screen refreshes and the ball is being inbounded? Yep - I lost team points for "Bad shot block attempt" ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

If you have any self respect at all, don't throw your money at this sorry excuse for a game. Even getting it on sale for 7 bucks was not worth it in the slightest. These game devs must be laughing all the way to the bank with this trash, it's even worse than Madden if you could believe it.
  24. Jan 29, 2014
    Major letdown. You hope for an improvement with each passing year, but this year's 2K is a huge step back. AI is ridiculous, you cannot make your RS be only for isomotion, you will occasionally commit fouls when you aren't even pressing any buttons, and you will miss a large, large amount of your shots despite the Shot Feedback saying "Timing: Perfect, Shot Quality: A+," regardless of the rating of your shooting skill.

Also, the removal of "Creating a Legend" mode is mind boggling. It allowed you to play a career as any player (current or historical) that you wished, but...it is no more. I love the previous NBA2K games, but this one is sadly a major letdown.
  25. Nov 4, 2013
    The same game last year, which seems is that they edited the 2k13 and put little things. I thought the graphics of the PC would next gen, but that was my mistake. I'm really very angry with the company 2K.
  26. Dec 3, 2013
    Only slightly better than 2k13. Once again most online features are stripped away from the PC version in exchange for a $20 lower price. The feature "StatsTM" they (2k sports) bragged about for so long before the release isn't working, they also bragged about adding "more than 3000 new animations" for player movement/interaction, but there don't seem to be more than 30, if that many.

Many of the bugs/glitches/gameplay issues from last year are still in the game. A few have been fixed but some are even worse now. MyCareer/MyPlayer mode is 99% the same as in 2k13- all the bad stuff has been carefully preserved and nothing new has been added so if you intend to spend your time mainly in this mode- save yourself the money and the frustration.

The only saving grace this game possesses is that Live2014 was such an epic fail that it basically solidified 2k's monopoly over the NBA simulators market and as NBA 2k14 proves- having a monopoly is good for the company, bad for the product and customers. 2k proudly following in the footsteps of the former Sports Sim kings of EA Sports who they dethroned. Irony.
  27. Feb 24, 2014
    Okay, so I have to do a review because never has PC been treated so poorly. The PC version of this game is horrible. And I'm pretty sure that it was intentional, simply because they want people to think the next-gen consoles are more powerful than they are, as well as cause they want people to have to buy the next gen consoles. This game not only is ugly as hell compared to the next gen versions, but it's not even as good in gameplay or game mods. It's horrible, and I honestly am ashamed that this could even happen. PC is the most powerful platform and they made the game with one, but some how try and say that "Most people wouldn't be able to run it" I mean I think that was EA's excuse for not having ignite on FIFA 14, but it probably apply's here too. The my career mode is horrible. It felt like playing Smackdown vs Raw back in 2006 or something cause the dialog is the same every time, and it has no consequences. It's **** and I hope that no one buys it. This is one game I hope you torrent first, cause it's not worth the money, they don't deserve it AT ALL. Expand
  28. Apr 27, 2014
    They didn't release ONE update for PC on 2k13 and it was full of glitches, cheese, and bugs. 2K14 is still under the "current-gen" title on PC and nothing is different from the console counterparts. There has still been no patch for 2k14. Supporting developers that abandon the PC platform and that don't listen to their paying customers is not the way to go. 2K was constantly being told by fans to bring back crew. What did they do? They renamed the online NBA blacktop to Crew and made it 3 v 3 on the blacktop... The computer defense in this game is beyond stupid. Your CPU teammate will literally walk away from a great shooter to help double one of the worst centers in the NBA or the CPU will slide over magically and block your shot. Speaking of blocking shots, half the time you perform a layup your ball goes towards the rim and magically slides over mid-air to which looks like a block but it doesn't even record it. We still have the same generic player-create faces too. There are several more things wrong with this copy and paste game, but you can see all the people complaining through the comments.

tl:dr

This game is a buggy, unfinished, half-@rsed game meant for only the dedicated basketball player who doesn't have console. Do not purchase this game. Even on the Android platform, 2k14 STILL has the OLD rosters and plenty of bugs.
  29. PLG
    Jun 15, 2014
    This game is so full of cheese it's dumb. CPU will always win rebounds, make 3 pts right after you make them, somehow go from a field goal percentage of 40% to 85%, and will somehow come back 40 points if subbed out. Garbage. Just garbage. Don't pay a dime for this piece of **** just pirate it.
  30. Jul 15, 2014
    Terrible AI. Like, high school programmers could do better terrible. The people doing the programming also have a ridiculously poor concept of how basketball works. There are too many problems to list with this game. I love basketball, I hate EA, but I really, REALLY wish EA was in the basketball simulation business again. At least I can usually count on their programmers understanding the game they're designing... Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

1. Mar 11, 2014
    NBA 2K14 is generally speaking excellent, but you get a feeling that major improvements are being saved over to NBA 2K15. [Nov 2013]
  2. Nov 8, 2013
    But that aside, NBA 2K14 continues to do the main things right when it comes to a basketball game.