4.9

1. sdfsdfsdfdsdf
    Jul 20, 2009
    good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good goodgood good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good Expand
  2. MarkK
    Dec 26, 2008
    Those other people dont know what they are talking about. I believe that the developers at EA and BlackBox have outdone themselves once again to bring enjoyment to the racing game scene. I understand there are other racing sims out there but none like the Need For Speed Franchise. I have owned every version since the beginning of the franchise. I own it for both PC and PS3. EA and Those other people dont know what they are talking about. I believe that the developers at EA and BlackBox have outdone themselves once again to bring enjoyment to the racing game scene. I understand there are other racing sims out there but none like the Need For Speed Franchise. I have owned every version since the beginning of the franchise. I own it for both PC and PS3. EA and everyone else that was involved in the making of the game... keep doing what you do best and that is making the Need For Speed franchise better and better every year. Expand
  3. Oct 25, 2010
    This is the first Need For Speed game i have ever played other then the first one that came out and i have beaten this one all the way through to the end. I really enjoyed it, there were some parts of the game were it got frustrating because sometimes you would be so far ahead that you know noone is going to pass you and then the AI might just put in there after burners or something andThis is the first Need For Speed game i have ever played other then the first one that came out and i have beaten this one all the way through to the end. I really enjoyed it, there were some parts of the game were it got frustrating because sometimes you would be so far ahead that you know noone is going to pass you and then the AI might just put in there after burners or something and get really close to you as you about to finish a race. The story was interesting and got you thinking all the way to the end. The running from the cops was alot of fun and challenging because you have to think of different ways to drive to try and loose them. I found my self playing it for hours on end to level up my rank in game and to get more money so i can get better cars. Some times the gameplay felt repetitive, like you were going down the same roads as before over and over but alot of times they mixed the route up. The graphics were great. Most of the missions you play are fun. The destroying another car missions are my favorite. There is not an active online in this game, unless you play with your friends. The game took me 13 hours to beat. The Nitrous Oxide in the game for the most part felt weak and it didnt really feel like you were going faster performance wise for most of the game. When you get the faster cars then you will see the advantages of the Nitrous Oxide. In game there is a slow-mo button to make time slow down so that you can get out of quick situations. When you keep falling behind of certain missions make sure to restart when you aren't getting ahead midway through the races, the reason being is because the races and pedestrian car set up is different every time you start a race or mission and sometimes the AI opponents crash into each other or do something stupid so you would be able to gain a bit lead over the competition. The sound track to the game got old after awhile. Make sure you save your money to upgrade your car and dont spend so much in the beginning, if you are winning most of the races with ease and not struggling through the races then you should be fine until you struggle and have to battle your way just to win a race. The best car for speed and overall domination in game is the Bugatti Veyron when its totally upgraded. I really enjoyed playing the game, and it got me excited to play the other Need for Speed games. If you love running from the cops and evading them in rural and highway situations then this is the game for you. Expand
  4. Dec 7, 2014
    The game is underestimated, BlackBox has never released a single bad NFS, actually they were the one and only to create smth really cool in NFS series. The review is written now, after 2 years as BB is gone, and NFS is developed by some useless Ghost guys (Rival is made in Criterion-like style - same stupid and boring driving, like in MW2012). NFSHP2010 was a sudden luck, and wasThe game is underestimated, BlackBox has never released a single bad NFS, actually they were the one and only to create smth really cool in NFS series. The review is written now, after 2 years as BB is gone, and NFS is developed by some useless Ghost guys (Rival is made in Criterion-like style - same stupid and boring driving, like in MW2012). NFSHP2010 was a sudden luck, and was successful only due to BBs help to Criterion, otherwise NFSHP2010 would be the same lame as NFSMW2012 etc etc.

K, this was a lyrical intro, so - NFS Undercover, sure it has some stupid issues with unbalanced control (especially for XBOX gamepads, I luckily could fix it for myself with Pinnacle), some troubles with performance and graphics, still - for 2008 the game was a breakthrough, even now it looks better than some of the racing titles. The game has everything that we loved since Underground: cool OST, lots of cars and tuning. Tuning - only in Undercover it has the top notch level - you can spent hours creating different modifications for your car, and especially styling it. The movie-like style - awesome. Hot races - awesome. Feeling that you are a good undercover cop going deeper ans loosing your connections with the legal world - awesome!

The game is underestimated mostly by simulator fans (the gamers cluster appeared after Pro Street, and for some reason decided that NFS should go only this way), no - NFS was always the hot non-legal racing game, go play Grid etc if you need simulator part.

To sum up - lots of ppl are recalling original MW and awaiting for the game to come one day, but IMHO it already was. NFS Undercover - a little clumsy, but still a direct heritage of NFS MW: a) tuning - upgraded to top notch level; b) different modes of races; c) top notch movie-like story; d) ACTION!; e) lots of cars; f) sweet highway races; g) big open world; h) top notch OST etc etc etc. So sorry guys, but most of you missed the sequel of NFS MW, and I am happy that I understand this and love the game, coz in the end - the game is so so cool for 2008 and even now. I love it. THX Black Box!
  5. Aug 23, 2014
    I liked to play it on the PC, it's kind of heavy but has nice graphics and a good audio. Includes some cars from previous series and easier pursuit challenges, the player is a cop that has to go undercover to dismantle and find out a terrible truth near the end.
  6. Nov 20, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have been playing Undercover a lot recently, in fact as of now I have finished it. I am surprised to see such low ratings for a game that I enjoyed so much! I thought it was a great improvement from Carbon and Most Wanted. The story, just like in the other NFS games that carry the same theme (Carbon and Most Wanted), was immersive, and I enjoyed it. I will admit though, a few scenes were a little cheesy, but I thought that the whole plot line was interesting. It was cool to feel that the whole time I was simply an undercover cop looking to infiltrate and disable a lucrative criminal organization--in fact so undercover, that I literally would act like a racer, and break the law, and win races to win everyone's respect to deceive them, and shut them down. I felt a lot like Cross, the Bounty Hunter from the other games, except that I was even more, not just a ring leader of cops. Of course I am mainly in it for the racing, and not the story that they tagged along. With the other arcade racing games, the car physics and handling are of course unrealistic, but that is what makes the game fun. If I want realism, I would be playing a game like Gran Tursimo, or a game in the NFS Shift series. It is simply fun to race, it is what you make of it. It is not extremely hard or easy. Depending on the cars you use will obviously make the game harder or easier. Games like these are usually not about the difficulty, but simply the adrenaline of street racing, running into cops, and driving fast. I will admit, there have been a couple events that took me a couple tries. The most difficult events for me were the highway duels, but it depends. A lot of them were easy, but when you are paired with a proper opponent, definitely not so easy. I needed to basically swerve through dense highway traffic, travelling at about 200 mph to actually win. Any time that I would run into a single car, then the opponent would pass me, and it would be hard to recover. They definitely amped up the cops a bit also. It was usually ok, but now I quiver in fear whenever I am in a pursuit, and then they say that "the Feds are taking over this pursuit". The federal police are scary. A seemingly endless stream of spike strips and roadblocks, SUVs and cop cars. For once, I had to be scared of getting my beloved ride impounded, and I had to take them a little bit more seriously. That is most definitely when the cops get serious, definitely harder than the cops from the other games. The cops are really good at keeping up with you, and making you wipe out. Also if you are not careful enough, the spike strips can easy get you, and you're done. The game went relatively quick for me though, I have finished the game in a mere 16 hours. What impressed me the most however out of everything was the customization, and how in depth it was, something that a lot of racing games lack. Sort of like carbon, we have the Autosculpt feature for all parts of the car, you are able to color many parts of the car, and basically do whatever you would like with any decal; skew, move, rotate, scale, just to name a few. The possibilities for vinyls are essentially limitless. I was a little disappointed with the options for car bodies however, as there are not many to choose from. Also I didn't even like how a lot of them looked, so I used the stock Autosculpt on my cars. In the NFS series, this game carries on with the same theme as Carbon and Most Wanted, which I thought personally were excellent street racing games.

When I first loaded up the game, I was put in an awkward place, already starting out racing in a car that I did not even choose, and I had really no idea what was going on. This game took me a little bit to get used to, but once I did, I loved it. Honestly, the only thing I could think of that would make the game better is if it had more things to do. After you are done with the main storyline, you are pretty much finished with the game. You can still race of course, and mess with cops, but let's also not forget about the online. The online seems really cool actually, but no one seems to play it. I want to actually try it out.

Obviously it's not the best game ever, but I enjoyed it a lot, and I see nothing really wrong with it, I mean for what it is. Definitely better, and much more in-depth than games like the NEW nfs: mw... what a joke. Nothing close to what the old nfs mw was like, although it gets better ratings.

I highly recommend this game if you liked Carbon and Most Wanted.
  7. Sep 19, 2013
    The only thing wrong with this game is the frame rate and the graphics. Usually when I play a need for speed game I expect a restricted map, races that get boring after a while, and cookie cutter missions. However with this game I was pleasantly surprised by how you are thrown into a giant sandbox complete with random cop chases based on your actions. If you want you can just play thisThe only thing wrong with this game is the frame rate and the graphics. Usually when I play a need for speed game I expect a restricted map, races that get boring after a while, and cookie cutter missions. However with this game I was pleasantly surprised by how you are thrown into a giant sandbox complete with random cop chases based on your actions. If you want you can just play this game for the walled off races, but I personally only play this game for the sandbox. I love the thrill of going 200 mph down the wrong side of the highway knowing that at anytime a disguised Porsche may appear and call in everything from a huge roadblock to a convoy of super fast, tough SUVs. And if you do get caught you often get a rather humorous cut scene of cheesy cops complete with mustaches and sunglasses.

My only complaints are the bad graphics, frame rate issues, and it takes way too long to bring the heat up on your cars.
  8. Mar 22, 2016
    This is the last good need for speed game , has good customization ( not like in Underground that was the best custom ) , of large numbers of cars *48* , is using the EAGL engine ( oh men how much I have loved this engine i grew up with him from hot Pursuit 2 ) if you mod with Limited Edition graphic mod it look even more spectacular , the car sound are greate.

Now the Bad things : the

Now the Bad things : the game has a bug which consists in the sun follows you even through buildings , the soundtrack is bad in my opinion , sometimes the care physx are weird and the car flay like a rocket , really BAD STORYLINE ( even CARBON had a better story) , was rushed by EA and could not be finished properly.

If you compare the old series NFS is a average car race , but compatible with the latest parts who have lost the feeling of NFS is a greate game. If you get past the technical problems you can enjoy the game :)
  9. ChristianZ
    Aug 25, 2009
    Story Mode just wasn`t long enough. Beat the game in less than 3 days. Now what.....? Other than that the game engine and graphics where outstanding.The maps are HUGE and the A.I. was right up there with any other game you play against a computer(Artificial Intelligence).Overall a good game.
  10. Jan 12, 2013
    This game really is a diamond in the rough. It's hands down the best Need For Speed game since NFS Carbon, Most Wanted, and the Underground series. The graphics are pretty good even with today's standards, the car selection is okay, and the car customization is a little limited, but much, MUCH better than the newer games. It's basically NFS ProStreet, on the street, except the physics haveThis game really is a diamond in the rough. It's hands down the best Need For Speed game since NFS Carbon, Most Wanted, and the Underground series. The graphics are pretty good even with today's standards, the car selection is okay, and the car customization is a little limited, but much, MUCH better than the newer games. It's basically NFS ProStreet, on the street, except the physics have taken a turn for the better. Instead of the really bad understeer that all of the cars in ProStreet had (even when drifting! how can you have understeer when drifting is all about oversteer?!?! ProStreet managed it somehow...), the physics of Undercover are entirely different. Now, at high speeds, all the cars in Undercover grip the road insanely well. Seemingly, the faster the car goes, the more grip it has, so if you go 240 MPH, you can practically take 90 degree turns without letting off of the gas. Humorously beneficial and just as weird as ProStreet's handling but on the opposite end of the spectrum. The only real downsides to the game are that the story line is pretty weak and the cut scenes are even lamer, the soundtrack is pretty bad (the game has just about every song you've NEVER heard of), and it's a little glitchy on the PC. I've heard many stories about people having problems getting the game to run well.The only problem that has happened to me personally is that the game tends to freeze and crash when using autosculpt in the garage. I've installed and played this game on multiple computers and it happens on all of them. The bottom line is that the game has many more pros than cons and is undoubtedly the best NFS game of recent times. Expand

1. The game modes are not particularly intense, and the vehicles, although very detailed, fail to offer the feeling from the best of the series.
  2. One can't help but notice that the franchise has seen better days.
    Need for Speed: Undercover is a game that both satisfies and disappoints on a regular basis. While the chases provide top-notch thrills and spills, you can’t help but feel like you’ve just done it too many times to really care anymore.