8.3

1. Dec 10, 2014
    Actually, I posted this on the NFS: Underground 2 page. It was so dumb of me and I don't know how to delete it... well, at last, here is what I think of the game:

One of the best NFS for me. Amazing cars, theme, environment, fun races, challenging campaign, memorable races and a nice soundtrack, much better than the ones in the later games. And the tuning was amazing... the whole concept of street racing was kinda new. And there was little to none focus on the story, which is awesome, because racing games don't really need a plot. It might as well just get in the way, like what happened (to me, at last) with Carbon, Undercover and even Most Wanted. The only problem is that it is very repetitive, but I never found myself bored of it.
  2. Sep 22, 2014
    **************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************** Expand
  3. Sep 22, 2014
    It was the first game in the series. I played 10 years ago, I liked so much, but age did not let me finish it. At 8 years old I struggled a bit. The game throws you in Olympic City, a town of Street Racing community. This will start the fun.
  4. Aug 23, 2014
    Fun to play, it is the first time I played something after meeting the NFS series for the first time back in the 90's with older vehicles. This introduces a good assortment of popular vehicles and some good music tracks, it doesn't feel old even after a while. Customization is straight forward with changing from a car to another and keeping upgrades and visuals, you can only have one carFun to play, it is the first time I played something after meeting the NFS series for the first time back in the 90's with older vehicles. This introduces a good assortment of popular vehicles and some good music tracks, it doesn't feel old even after a while. Customization is straight forward with changing from a car to another and keeping upgrades and visuals, you can only have one car at a time. Drag, circuit, drift and sprint are some race modes. Traffic can be annoying so for that try reducing difficult levels on each race. Expand
  5. Nov 1, 2013
    Electronic Arts rules when it comes to making games like these. The music, the gameplay, the sound effects, and sometimes even the story. If you're interested in going very fast, and moving up the ranks faster than ever, then give this game a try.

You are somewhat of an inexperienced driver who joins the underground street scene. You meet up with the beautiful, yet tough Samantha, who helps you through your first few races. You must buy and build up your car, and make it look cool so that you, the driver, are as cool and good as everyone who races.

I have to say, i was blown out of the water by the soundtrack. Lil' Jon's "Get low" is pretty much the main song for this game, however, it's not an exclusive, like mistikal's "get faster" or Petey Pablo's "Need for speed". there's also good rock alternative music like Story of the year's "And the hero will drown", Static-X's "The only", X-ecutioner's "Body Rock" and Hotwire's "Invisible".

It's a perfect buy. 10/10
  6. Aug 4, 2013
    Tuning, odličan preobražaj, mnoštvo stvari za uraditi, igra je dovoljno duga,
    mana je mala mapa i malo staza.............................................
  7. May 3, 2013
    Need for Speed Underground is a great step forward in the never-ending Need for Speed Franchise, and a total reboot of the series, both in game play terms and value, but also in visual design.

The game is centered on the import and tuning culture. The action takes place in the fictional Olympic City, where the player must gain his respect and be the best by...well...winning races and

The game is centered on the import and tuning culture.

The action takes place in the fictional Olympic City, where the player must gain his respect and be the best by...well...winning races and be more notorious.

The game features many game race mods, such as Knock-Out, Circuit, Sprint, Drag, and Drift.

All race types have a different style of racing, especially Drag and Drift, which require the player to push his skills to his limits in certain events if he wants to win.

The Career also features a top 10 ranking with the best racers in the town, magazines which can be unlocked by the player by his progress in career, but also for doing certain things.

Career also features an option to choose your race difficulty, which everyone has it's own cash reward depending the difficulty you chose.

Parts for both visual and performance, and even cars, are unlocked by completing regular events, while is also featured a tournament mod with more stages, in which the player unlocks performance upgrades.

The gameplay is great and fun, but also can draw bit of criticism because of the car's handling, which after becoming tuned, the handling is a bit too responsive, and can make you easily crash.

Also the city isn't really small so a Free Roam mode is more than welcome, and the gameplay is very linear and many races are repetitive.

The visuals aren't bad at all, but certainly could've been better, most of the map props are looking good, while some don't, for instance the traffic cars, which have a terrible about of detail.

So, final verdict.

Even today the game is still played and deserves it, by having a decent game play, great potential, and good replay value.
  8. Jul 11, 2012
    This is the worst NFS I ever seen! Only it's musics are great, the others are nearly crap. Not bad (but not good) graphics, no physics, **** cars, bad controlling, almost always the same "tracks", no cops (why is it underground, hmm?), very irritating traffic, bad and cheating AI. This is the NFS:U.
  9. Jul 7, 2012
    This game was amazing. Full of fun action, along with the game's wonderful choice of soundtracks. One of the few NFS games with actually a challenge at some points. This game from 2003 beats many of the modern NFS titles, like the Shift games, The Run. The graphics were amazing in the game's time. But outdated compared to today's graphics. Even though it is 2012 today, I still recommendThis game was amazing. Full of fun action, along with the game's wonderful choice of soundtracks. One of the few NFS games with actually a challenge at some points. This game from 2003 beats many of the modern NFS titles, like the Shift games, The Run. The graphics were amazing in the game's time. But outdated compared to today's graphics. Even though it is 2012 today, I still recommend the game, so if you have a chance for it, grab while you can. Expand
  10. May 22, 2012
    Everything about this game is great. I just wished that it is a little bit realistic in the result of colliding cars, crashed and destroyed cars. But, it's still great.
  11. Mar 17, 2012
    The first Need For Speed game which has decent graphics and a good storyline. I think the progress system in this game is pretty slow you get to all Level 3 upgrades after playing more than 80% of the career mode which is kind of slow. Apart from that good gameplay but gets kind of repetitive and the overall size of the city is pretty small. It feels like racing on the same tracks over andThe first Need For Speed game which has decent graphics and a good storyline. I think the progress system in this game is pretty slow you get to all Level 3 upgrades after playing more than 80% of the career mode which is kind of slow. Apart from that good gameplay but gets kind of repetitive and the overall size of the city is pretty small. It feels like racing on the same tracks over and over again. Collapse
  12. Nov 19, 2011
    It's arcade alright, but don't expect anything fast. More fun than the second one but still nothing special. To enjoy this game you have to a chav.
  13. Mar 17, 2012

1. Racing doesn't get much better...unless you're in a real car. [Mar 2004, p.75]
  2. With just a bit more variety to its tracks and a slightly better career mode, it definitely could have been better, but it has great graphics, solid sound, and the sort of easy learning curve that makes it a driving game that anyone can excel at.
  3. That break-the-mold game that longtime players of the franchise have been waiting for. And if you're already a street-rag reader, you have permission and reason to drool - just keep it off the AirFlow controller, please.