6.9

1. Feb 5, 2014
    It WAS a great game. But it doesn't work at all, so what's the point of it? You can't even buy it on Steam anymore, Illfonic took it down. It was really fun when I got it with my graphics card. But it's unplayable.
  2. Aug 17, 2012
    Nexuiz is an competent fast paced shooter with a quite good soundtrack. Though Nexuiz is pretty to look at it doesn't really do a whole lot to set it self apart from other games. The weapons and game modes are pretty standard and the mutate system feels more like a gimmick than anything game changing. This isn't necessary a bad thing if you are looking for an old school fps. What is a badNexuiz is an competent fast paced shooter with a quite good soundtrack. Though Nexuiz is pretty to look at it doesn't really do a whole lot to set it self apart from other games. The weapons and game modes are pretty standard and the mutate system feels more like a gimmick than anything game changing. This isn't necessary a bad thing if you are looking for an old school fps. What is a bad thing however is that there isn't a whole lot of people playing this game at present. Making it quite a bother finding matches with a reasonable ping. And because of its present state i can hardly recommend it if you aren't interested in playing against bots. Expand
  3. Aug 31, 2012
    The game is unbalanced due to useless weapons. The default gun is worthless. My buddy literally shot someone in the back of the head 11 times to kill him with it (talking 5-10 feet distance).

I think if the guns were more tweaked the game would have a chance. Other than that forget it.

Graphics are good no doubt but graphics don't make a game successful.
  4. Aug 13, 2012
    Well, I had really high hopes for this game. I had a itch for quake III on CryEngine 3. And the game is everything i want it to be, but the multiplayer is entirely broken. I could not join matches through steam at all, and had trouble connecting to lobbies that were 7/8 full because the game registered them as full. A promising game shot to hell by the **** multiplayer.
  5. Aug 9, 2012
    Nope. Unless you're running a $10,000 rig, I would be content playing UT3 any day. This type of game used to be very popular "back in the day". The graphics engine to me is not nearly as fine tuned as the Unreal engine. I believe a lot of developers are apt to write games nowadays to try and entertain the "hardware industry". This shouldn't be the case, since consumers are the mostNope. Unless you're running a $10,000 rig, I would be content playing UT3 any day. This type of game used to be very popular "back in the day". The graphics engine to me is not nearly as fine tuned as the Unreal engine. I believe a lot of developers are apt to write games nowadays to try and entertain the "hardware industry". This shouldn't be the case, since consumers are the most important aspect of the gaming field. If you don't support your gamers, then you usually won't sell your product. And quite frankly most gamers don't have the thousands of dollars to invest into a gaming rig, per se. Usually they will go for a more inexpensive gaming "console". This game fits that genre of "been there, and done that". I don't see it setting any new standards for players. Expand

1. Jul 30, 2012
    If you want to make an arena FPS, you can't do anything wrong. That's the lesson IllFonic learned after the release of Nexuiz on Steam. The game suffered from some huge problems in terms of matchmaking, lag and crashes since day one, and now it's very hard to even find a match.
  2. Jun 28, 2012
    Is it worth it to release a Quake 3 clone in 2012? I don't know. In fact, Nexuiz is doomed not because it lacks fresh ideas, but because it lacks people who want to play it.
  3. Jun 25, 2012
    Like Gotham City Imposters a few months ago, the component parts of Nexuiz are sound; the weapons and shooting good, and the "hook" of the mutators offers some variety but there just isn't the player base to make it worth checking out unless gunning down bots isn't a deal breaker. And it should be reported that unlike Gotham City Imposters, getting connected and staying connected to a match of Nexuiz was never a problem.