Nexuiz PC

6.6

1. May 13, 2012
    Poorly optimized but a good dive into an arena shooter based on CryEngine3. Doesn't even run very well on max settings with 16gb ram, i7 processor and two 2gb ddr3 video cards. That being said it does a decent job of recapturing that old school unreal tournament/quake feel, I am really hoping this game keeps getting better (many updates on pre-release beta but they were required to playPoorly optimized but a good dive into an arena shooter based on CryEngine3. Doesn't even run very well on max settings with 16gb ram, i7 processor and two 2gb ddr3 video cards. That being said it does a decent job of recapturing that old school unreal tournament/quake feel, I am really hoping this game keeps getting better (many updates on pre-release beta but they were required to play really) because its fanbase is pretty small, but for the price if the community gives the seal of approval this could be a great arena to squash petty beef between friends:) Expand
  2. Aug 10, 2012
    This is the absolute best I could give this game. It lacks a variety of game types as there is only two. One is the normal free for all and the second is sniper. What this game also lacks is balance. At the beginning I was place with beginners and it was fairly balanced. When my k/d raised to 4.0 because of noobs I was placed with pros. My k/d dropped back to 1.0 or lower. Then i wasThis is the absolute best I could give this game. It lacks a variety of game types as there is only two. One is the normal free for all and the second is sniper. What this game also lacks is balance. At the beginning I was place with beginners and it was fairly balanced. When my k/d raised to 4.0 because of noobs I was placed with pros. My k/d dropped back to 1.0 or lower. Then i was placed with players more my rank. The cycle continues and its very frustrating when you go 23 and 5 one game and 3 and 20 another. Otherwise it's fast paced and awesome.(If you're in the right skill group, no one likes going -15) Expand
  3. Jul 20, 2012
    A really cool arcade game with a good taste on music and graphics, mostly for veteran player who enjoy quake and Unreal tournament series,

(by arcade I made reference to UnrealTorunament and quake)
  4. Oct 6, 2012
    Hmm Unreal Tournament on the Cry Engine 3, promises to be interesting. And seriously, it is, I was not expecting anything great, just stupid and boring copy of UT but this game despite the fact that it actually terribly like UT, has a really interesting new solutions that could be done in the new UT. It looks great, and not just by the CryEngine, but the authors presented the same shellHmm Unreal Tournament on the Cry Engine 3, promises to be interesting. And seriously, it is, I was not expecting anything great, just stupid and boring copy of UT but this game despite the fact that it actually terribly like UT, has a really interesting new solutions that could be done in the new UT. It looks great, and not just by the CryEngine, but the authors presented the same shell game and luminous color that looks surprisingly and are attracted to the game. The game plays really nicely, even as the UT. Here is a cool new special "skills". Depends on the server as they are set. It's interesting when every few minutes to change the "skills" everything is on the server that draw their particular skill and gives it to the team (or player), and suddenly the whole team gets as double speed or eg bazook, or ... black and white view , so it is hard to aim and do not see anything. So are directed to useful skills and no. This provides many hours of fun, because .. the "mutators" is more than UT and they are really interesting. The game is still on a copy of UT, but really good. My rating -7/10 Expand
  5. Nov 20, 2012
    Fun game killed by bugs an unbalanced weapons. You have to restart steam just to re-run the game again after it closes. After you complete a match the game would freeze by not moving onto the next match.

Guns and weapons are a little unbalanced, but its not too bad.

Overall decent arena fighting game with decent graphics.
  6. Aug 14, 2012
    Bought this game for 2 pounds and to be fair it ain't a bad game, i agree with cambria though it is very poorly optimized even on my FX 8X with 8GB ram and Radeon HD 6570 1gb i have to run it at lower settings to get it to run at a high frame rate. Even on a really high end PC this game would not be a game you would want to use to show off your machine. I hope they spend more timeBought this game for 2 pounds and to be fair it ain't a bad game, i agree with cambria though it is very poorly optimized even on my FX 8X with 8GB ram and Radeon HD 6570 1gb i have to run it at lower settings to get it to run at a high frame rate. Even on a really high end PC this game would not be a game you would want to use to show off your machine. I hope they spend more time optimizing the engine as it's the main thing that let's the game down. In terms of gameplay i must say i like it ! Plays very similar to UT fast and fun, and has a great level editor ! And for 2 quid !? can't complain ! Expand
  7. Nov 25, 2012
    I'm going to make this review as fast as the gameplay in Nexuiz: Fast-paced, addicting gameplay, amazing graphics, small player-base. Since the player-base can't be helped, the concept gets a 7/10.
  8. Jun 21, 2013
    A good attempt at trying to give us all a nostalgia fest with fast paced, map domination old school arena FPS... but the two game modes deathmatch and capture the flag -along with some average maps and lackluster guns, don't really leave this game to be as great as I wanted it to be.
    The dynamic mutators add the best bit of fun, but also make the game quite silly, so kills of the competitive crowd there. And the stock and done-before game modes help to kill the fun crowd, after a few hours.
    I'd recommend you to download the Linux Nexuiz's sequel which this is based off of, Xonotic. That's much more loveable.
  9. Nov 19, 2013
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2)

(If the single player is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no multplayer) (If the multiplayer is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no single player) Gameplay (1/2) Visuals/Story (1/2) (If the visuals are better than the story, review this section as if it had no story) (If the story is
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2)

Gameplay (1/2)

Visuals/Story (1/2)

Accessibility/Longevity (2/2)

Pricing (1/2)

Wildcard (0)

10. Feb 3, 2014
    while this game is very fun with it's fast paced action the graphics are not that good. The game is pretty similar to quake. The game also did not have too much variety and most of the games ended too fast.

1. Jul 30, 2012
    If you want to make an arena FPS, you can't do anything wrong. That's the lesson IllFonic learned after the release of Nexuiz on Steam. The game suffered from some huge problems in terms of matchmaking, lag and crashes since day one, and now it's very hard to even find a match.
  2. Jun 28, 2012
    Is it worth it to release a Quake 3 clone in 2012? I don't know. In fact, Nexuiz is doomed not because it lacks fresh ideas, but because it lacks people who want to play it.
  3. Jun 25, 2012
    Like Gotham City Imposters a few months ago, the component parts of Nexuiz are sound; the weapons and shooting good, and the "hook" of the mutators offers some variety but there just isn't the player base to make it worth checking out unless gunning down bots isn't a deal breaker. And it should be reported that unlike Gotham City Imposters, getting connected and staying connected to a match of Nexuiz was never a problem.