Night in the Woods PC

8.1

1. Mar 18, 2017
    Admittedly, Night in the Woods has some patches where the game feels slow and tedious, however this is completely out shadowed by the feel of the setting, the charming characters along with their wonderfully written interactions. I wouldn't call Night in the Woods a traditional game, it flows something more like say a Tell-tale game where it focuses on characters and themes such asAdmittedly, Night in the Woods has some patches where the game feels slow and tedious, however this is completely out shadowed by the feel of the setting, the charming characters along with their wonderfully written interactions. I wouldn't call Night in the Woods a traditional game, it flows something more like say a Tell-tale game where it focuses on characters and themes such as anxiety, self-wroth and may more self-reflecting ideas. However, this does come at the cost of the gameplay as there isn't much of it there to be quite honest; if this kind of thing isn't something you enjoy as a player I'd avoid NITWs.

Otherwise, if you do enjoy charmingly written characters, a memorable soundtrack, loving to search around for little bits of character details or just love being in a plain wonderful setting for a story then Night in the Woods is for you.
  2. Feb 23, 2017
    NITW is like someone took parts of Bojack Horseman, Life is Strange, Stranger Things and the better coming-of-age movies and mixed them all together in the rustbelt to create something sincere and unique. ----------------

What I appreciated the most in my 8 1/2-hour playthrough was how the raw realism in the script, the setting and the narrative (including its main theme) blended so well with the cute, papercraft-resembling visuals and cozy musical score. ------------------------

The main character and her little group of friends were far from the cool, faux-witty and jaded hipsters I expected, and soon I wanted to see what would happen next, to see if I could get them to laugh or get a chance to make them feel better. The dialogue sequences were full of cute jokes, funny pastiches on "woke" lingo, flirting and some tense cringey moments that felt natural without being devoid of the writer's personal touch.-----------------------

This game is strong and has no real substitutes. I wish it was scarier at times and offered a slightly more elaborate ending, but I was satisfied with and slightly shaken by my journey. This game is serious, heavy and topical, but it doesn't *try* to be, and that means it is worth playing a few times to understand how it accomplishes something many game creators fail at.
  3. Mar 3, 2017
    I first heard about NITW when kickstarter for it was up, and decided to give it a go when it would come out.
    During all this long years since announcement I managed to forgot about it entirely. Surprisingly enough, this would be my game of 2017 - maybe NITW is not ideal gameplay-wise, but I really doubt that something comparable by emotional impact would come out in years to come. 10/10, highly recommend.
  4. Feb 28, 2017
    This is amazing indie games of 2017 I have a huge blast playing it. I like the characters in the game. The art is to dead for it so stuck in my head. I give these game a awesome 10/10 best kick starter game!
  5. Feb 25, 2017
    Night in the Woods is really slow, but has really nice story. There's a lot of common themes of depression/anxiety/apathy in there, which for me helped me really connect with the characters.
    Pacing wise, it starts out slow, but had enough to keep me going until the end (where it gets better and better).
    It does feel a lot like Life is Strange, but feels less involved.
  6. Mar 8, 2017
    Night in the woods was a great game (or maybe playable novel), it had an amazing story with awesome characters and artwork. However, the ending was what made this 7 instead of higher. The game's story telling seems to just fall off during the ending, so many questions are left unanswered in what feels like a hasty ending where the characters seem to act "out of character." Pretty much itNight in the woods was a great game (or maybe playable novel), it had an amazing story with awesome characters and artwork. However, the ending was what made this 7 instead of higher. The game's story telling seems to just fall off during the ending, so many questions are left unanswered in what feels like a hasty ending where the characters seem to act "out of character." Pretty much it is just to say after spending the 10 something hours on the story to have it end terribly was somewhat a bummer. Expand
  7. Feb 25, 2017
    i knew nothing about this game before going in. didn't even watch the trailer just say the art style and genre. unfortunately the pace is just way way to slow. i even fell asleep playing it. it mostly focuses on the narrative on not any real type of gameplay. i kept feeling this would make a much better short graphic novel.

i like the art style and the music but it's not enough to keep

i like the art style and the music but it's not enough to keep me entertained.

oh and another annoyance is the linearity. i recall early on going to the video store looking for angus, speaking to some girl there who never spoke of angus... that is until, i'd gone to another store spoke to someone who said angus was at the video store and when i went back the girl she now spoke of angus.
  8. Mar 18, 2017
    Probably one of my favorite games of 2017 this far. The atmosphere is great, the character design is great, the dialogue is quirky and fun. There is just so much to love and so little to hate about this game, for me at least.
  9. Mar 29, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I liked this game, mostly for its great character development and art style. The soundtrack is really good too, but what I feel is lacking is the story. On the first few days in Possum springs it feels like the game would mostly be about the relationships with other people in town, and about Mae herself, but then the whole cult thing happens, and it feels really rushed. This game builds up a good story, but then falls down to literally explaining everything that was happening through one dialog, meant to put an end to the cult story, however, nothing really gets resolved, the mystery remains, and soon after the game just ends abruptly. I feel like if the whole game would be more like the first part of it, where you are just hanging out with people it would be a much better game.

Unsatisfied with the ending I went online to check out other people are making out of it, and I found a tweet from the developer, explaining the whole thing as a political statement and nothing more. This made me even more frustrated because that is a really bad thing to do - the game's story should make sense in the context of the game itself, and in that case, we are getting a usual cliche open ending, that is so much common in indie titles that its starting to get old.
  10. Mar 31, 2017
    This is such an amazing game. I can't even explain on how good this game is right now.

The Characters are well written, lovable, and have common sense. The Dialog is nicely written, and sometimes they do very smart jokes. The Story is amazing. The art style is amazing. You know what's crazy? This was made by 3 people! I can't recommend this enough! This is the best Story Adventure

You know what's crazy? This was made by 3 people!

I can't recommend this enough! This is the best Story Adventure game I've ever played this year!
  11. Mar 19, 2017
    They sure made a fantastic story, characters, music, world. Every single character is unique in there own way. For me without a doubt, this game is one of the best indie game of 2017
  12. Mar 23, 2017
    NITW is an exquisite game, with rich story, and each character have it's individual background story, plus an awfully nice music to listen while playing. But not everyone like this kind of game for sure, in this recent age, people like fast paced game more, instead seat down and enjoy the story. I played this game for 93 hours and i enjoyed every SECOND of it, even with this much of playNITW is an exquisite game, with rich story, and each character have it's individual background story, plus an awfully nice music to listen while playing. But not everyone like this kind of game for sure, in this recent age, people like fast paced game more, instead seat down and enjoy the story. I played this game for 93 hours and i enjoyed every SECOND of it, even with this much of play time i can still draw more connection between characters. And if you are interested in this game but don't know what to expect, play the game supplement (LOST CONSTELLATION & LONGEST NIGHT) to see what you will get in the NITW.(it's free, so why not?) Expand

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Apr 18, 2017
    Beautifully created adventure game will catch you not only for its visuals, but mainly by the way it observes the problems of young adults. [Issue#273]
  2. Edge Magazine
    Apr 16, 2017
    Perhaps that's Infinite Fall's ultimate triumph: with a group of 2D animals it's built a cast that's more rounded and identifiably human than any mo-capped blockbuster. [May 2017, p.116]
  3. CD-Action
    Apr 5, 2017
    During 12 hours I spent with Night in the Woods it grew from an average game to a member of genreā€™s elite. [04/2017, p.42]