Oil Rush PC

6.5

1. Jan 28, 2012
    This is a pretty game that has a lot of promise. I haven't yet played multiplayer, but I feel that this is where the game's longevity lies. It is much like the old flash game "Phage Wars" (http://armorgames.com/play/2675/phage-wars), with the addition of different unit types, and other tweaks to increase the complexity of the game.

There are grammatical errors in the text, and the voice

There are grammatical errors in the text, and the voice acting is only so-so. But the core game play is fun, and the graphics are immersive and impressive.

There are still kinks to be ironed out. I have had my game crash on me multiple times.
  2. Jan 25, 2012
    Gameplay: the tower defense / strategy combination is something that I find really awesome. It's very smooth and engaging. I feel like I'm really in command of these units, so when one of them goes down I swear retaliation and prepare more units for my cause.

Graphics: Wow... just wow. I might be in the small percentile of people with "high-end" Linux PCs, but I can assure you that by seeing what this game looks like at maxed out settings it is worth it. Graphics aren't everything, but they're a welcome addition to a neat game. The water, world, and environmental parts are rendered beautifully and fluidly, and everything is as smooth as butter.

I have been playing it since the beta builds and it has improved with every incremental update. The final release, version 1.0 was finally released today (January 25, 2012) and it's just plain awesome. Unigine have a fine game on their hands and multi-platform support (I play on Linux) is something not all too common in developers these days. For that, I commend them and their game.
  3. Jan 30, 2012
    Oil Rush is a well balanced, easy to learn RTS with a challenging campaign and enjoyable multiplayer options. Unlike other RTS games, Oil Rush does not let you independently control your units. Instead, similar to classics like Herzog Zwei, unit production facilities automatically create units until your population cap is full. Selecting a stronghold autoselects all units 'orbiting' itOil Rush is a well balanced, easy to learn RTS with a challenging campaign and enjoyable multiplayer options. Unlike other RTS games, Oil Rush does not let you independently control your units. Instead, similar to classics like Herzog Zwei, unit production facilities automatically create units until your population cap is full. Selecting a stronghold autoselects all units 'orbiting' it and you are then able to designate where you would like them to travel or attack. You'll find yourself constantly battling over important factories or refineries, guessing where your opponent might send his forces, and trying to find the right mix of units to win. There is not a wide variety of units to field, and both sides have the same units and technology, but the game is well balanced, very replayable, and fun. If you don't mind having a little less control over your units than you normally would, you will likely enjoy Oil Rush. Expand
  4. Feb 6, 2012
    Very fun game! Gameplay: it's like a speed chess in multiplayer: you need to make the right decisions very quickly, each wrong move can cost you the whole match. I'm glad that there is no micromanagement: you can concentrate on real strategy instead of moving each unit like crazy.
    Single player campaign could be longer (took me about 8 hours), but all missions are different, so it was also fun, especially for an indie game.
    Graphics quality is amazing! Eastern villages are my favourite maps, they are just beautiful.
    Conclusion: great looking cross-platform (Windows, Mac AND Linux) game with fun gameplay for just $20. I love it!
  5. Feb 8, 2012
    Nice and really beautiful game. Gameplay is fun also, though, kinda the same. Good, that's there are different missions in campaign, but it's way too short! (common guys, the second part in the DLC?)
  6. May 12, 2012
    beautiful graphics,simple but engaging gameplay and runs smoothly even on my old laptop.developers provide good support through the forums.we linux users seldom get to play such a high quality game.
    the game is really fast paced even though there is no micromanagement because you have to continuously rebuild the towers that get destroyed and keep the control over the oil towers because oil is the currency in this game.there is no multiplayer server in this game,though the skirmish mode is really addictive.it introduces a new gameplay concept in the rts genre and is much better than the recycled fps games today in the market released once every year.highly recommended!
  7. Feb 3, 2014
    Really interesting. Fun and Nice, and the campaign is enjoyable.
    I would recommend it to you if you like real time strategy games.
    Many kinds of units, platforms and skills so it doesn't make you feel bored
    even when you're playing it over and over again.
  8. Jan 28, 2012
    This game is absolutely amazing, it has much higher quality than some of the other major companies like EA or Activision. The unit controls are simple, the graphics are great, and the devs listen and fix problems extremely quickly. The reason I'm not giving it a perfect 10 is because of a typo every once and a while in the dialogue (it's usually just an extra letter, and the voices sayThis game is absolutely amazing, it has much higher quality than some of the other major companies like EA or Activision. The unit controls are simple, the graphics are great, and the devs listen and fix problems extremely quickly. The reason I'm not giving it a perfect 10 is because of a typo every once and a while in the dialogue (it's usually just an extra letter, and the voices say things in the correct way) and a bug every once and a while. Unless you focus on 1 little detail and ignore the rest of the game, (brainlok's 0/10 review) this game is totally worth the $20! Expand
  9. Jan 30, 2012
    Visuals: Visuals are really cool in this game. Don't think I have ever seen that much detail in an RTS game with some many units on the screen. I have a pretty old PC but everything runs smooth and fast. Impressive especially for an indie game.

Gameplay: The gameplay on one hand leaves you without old style fun like unit control, but on the other hand you can focus on the strategy rather then clicking your mouse at 1000 times a second. This game is really easy to control, but AI is pretty challenging so single-player isn't boring.

Sound: Kind of average. I liked the soundtrack though.

Overall: A pretty unique gameplay. Really good graphics. IMHO a really nice game.
  10. Feb 26, 2012
    its realy funny game Im a RTS fun so realy enjoy this game.good graphics game looks ok dx11 well well done I would recommend anyone just chack it out.
  11. May 12, 2012
    Addictive gameplay ,especially in the quick play mode.haven't tried multiplayer yet,but expect it to be even more awesome,based on my experience.single player campaign is long and interesting.voice acting quality is okay,though not the best.tech tree is well built.i lose a sense of time while playing this game,and this is the best praise you can give for a game.graphics are awesome.modelsAddictive gameplay ,especially in the quick play mode.haven't tried multiplayer yet,but expect it to be even more awesome,based on my experience.single player campaign is long and interesting.voice acting quality is okay,though not the best.tech tree is well built.i lose a sense of time while playing this game,and this is the best praise you can give for a game.graphics are awesome.models are highly detailed.and the video options can be scaled down ,so that it can run well even on lower end machines.and it supports linux too!eager to see more games on the unigine engine,especially on linux Collapse
  12. May 12, 2012
    love the graphics.node based gameplay rocks! the developers have released patches to support nline multiplayer which will be a blast! have been playing this game for the past couple of months and there has never been a dull moment in it.
  13. Oct 14, 2014
    Мне игра очень понравилась. Фиг с этими соплями, лучше отмечу плюсы и минусы:

+ Очень, повторяю, очень красивая музыка в игре. Редко встречается, чтобы мне у композитора нравились хотя бы 1-2 песни, а у paralyzah почти все песни превосходны, кроме bloodmoney и hammerhead. + В игре очень красивая графика и анимации. Интересно рассматривать как работают люди на платформах, хоть и
    Мне игра очень понравилась. Фиг с этими соплями, лучше отмечу плюсы и минусы:

+ В игре очень красивая графика и анимации. Интересно рассматривать как работают люди на платформах, хоть и раздражает, что они проходят сквозь двери.
    Разработчики уделили внимание и постапокалиптическим декорациям: хибары-трущобы в американских каньонах, затопленные мегаполисы, азиатские деревеньки "на плаву" около которых маленькие азиатские "водяные огороды", так же азиатские буддисткие храмы на камнях с зеленью вокруг, азиатские фермеры на азиатских галерах и промышленный район. В общем, очень интересно рассматривать декорации постапокалиптического мира. В данной игре это сделано на ура.

+ Кампания тоже получилась тоже очень неплохо: в игре есть неплохое разнообразие миссий (сопроводить мирных житилей, уйти от погони северных друзей, удержать НПЗ и так далее). На сложном уровне играть поинтереснее.

+Так же интересная улучшение веток способностей: защита, атака и "третье не знаю" (хоть всегда третье и улучшаю)

+ Игра не требовательна к железу

- Короткая кампания, хотелось хотя бы какого-нибудь DLC с дополнительными миссиями.

- Неинтересно играть с ИИ. Легко победить троих сложных компьютеров в союзе.

- Слишком мало карт, хотелось бы побольше.

- Так же хотелось бы в сражениях поиграть с большим количеством игроков/ИИ. Например карта на 10 игроков. Было бы интереснее, чем на 4.

- Немного раздражает, что в игре по факту существует только две фракции (деление по виду техники): рейнджеры и остальные. Сделали бы разного вида внешний облик техники красных, северян и азиатов.

Поставил игре 10/10 лишь потому, чтобы игра дотянуда до 70, так как считаю, что игра заслуживает 73 балла metascore и поддерживаю отечественного производителя.
  14. May 12, 2012

Oil Rush manages to separate itself from the flock through a range of novel ideas and features, while still remaining accessible to all fans of the genre. It has a few flaws, but is still well worth getting.
  2. Apr 9, 2012
    A game that has a great little concept, a wonky campaign, AI bots that aren't quite up to the challenge of challenging you and somewhat dodgy netcode. It's incredibly frustrating, because the core concept works, and it works well. It's just all the rest that's falling apart at the seams.
  3. Apr 4, 2012
    It is not an epic strategy game like Dune but this little gem offers something for almost everybody: Beginners will not be overburdened while experienced players will get a challenge with the unusual mechanics and veterans can ramp up the difficulty level to get their money's worth.