4.8

1. Dec 5, 2014
    The price of this game should be around $20. It does not justify more than that - but I don't think anyone came here to wonder about prices.. you want to know if it worth installing - it is. the game reminds of x-com or Jugged Alliance with almost no focus required to the character micro management and more focuses on the characters abilities. this makes the battles much more polished thanThe price of this game should be around $20. It does not justify more than that - but I don't think anyone came here to wonder about prices.. you want to know if it worth installing - it is. the game reminds of x-com or Jugged Alliance with almost no focus required to the character micro management and more focuses on the characters abilities. this makes the battles much more polished than any game of the same genre I played. it is more polished than the recent x-com. the economic management is less interesting but at least it will not delay you too much during the game play. It is not a game for everyone but if you'll like you will get hooked to it for hours. Expand
  2. Oct 3, 2014
    Just created an acount because I can´t belive why people rated this less than 7, you can like this kind of games or not, but giving this game a 0 ...

People saying the game is easy ... well in the second mission I got killed becasue I decided to atack a factory in the first minute. Maybe I like it that much because I got the gold edition and now the game is more "finished" ? Get it

Get it on a Steam sale
  3. Dec 8, 2013
    My adventure in this game started with the TV-Series on HBO- Boardwalk Empire. Then I bought this Game.Played forty minutes and And I liked it.Perhaps the game looks good, despite the bugs.I recommend to those who like turn-based strategy and economic. I badly write in English and I speak no better, but I think you catch my drift. Google Translate in Help.
  4. Jun 27, 2013
    To be fair, writing this review on 27 June 2013, many months after the game's original release and after having very recently purchased the super-patched version with all the DLCs, I cannot agree or disagree with the reviews of the originally-released version, which seemed flawed and incomplete. Consequently, my score of 10 corresponds to the version I have recently bought (and the onlyTo be fair, writing this review on 27 June 2013, many months after the game's original release and after having very recently purchased the super-patched version with all the DLCs, I cannot agree or disagree with the reviews of the originally-released version, which seemed flawed and incomplete. Consequently, my score of 10 corresponds to the version I have recently bought (and the only one I have played), which was enhanced by the major end-of-May patch.

I only played the first mission of the Campaign, which is a first of many tutorial missions. After that, I experimented with various sandbox-mode setups.

I'm not an action-game tactical fighter. Consequently, I do not mind if the A.I. adversaries are too easy to defeat in the turn-based combat encounters. Those do not happen often, and I find them fun, even though they do not constitute difficult challenges.

I'm not a financial wizard, either. Consequently, I do not mind if the game's economic simulation of a criminal enterprise lacks "realism" and deep challenge. There is just enough pseudo-realism and economic interactions to represent a decent simulation challenge.

What I am is a RPG player. I enjoy to design PCs (human-controlled Player Characters) and to play-act them according to their positive and negative limitations. In the sandbox mode, the game shines if it is played with such a RPG-style mindset.

If you play it with a strategic and/or tactical "wargame" mindset, you will feel underwhelmed.

Playing in a huge window, on my 1920x1200-resolution desktop, with 8x AA, after having tinkered with my video "Catalyst Control" settings, the game looks great crisp and clean.

I'm having a lot of fun. I will certainly pay full-price if more DLCs or expansions are offered.
  5. Feb 4, 2013
    Very enjoyable game, though I can understand that not everyone would like it. If you like turn based combat games, like X-Com, you'll like this game. It isn't perfect but it's definitely a lot of fun!
  6. Feb 1, 2013
    I like the game quite a bit. Is it perfect? No. It could be a bit more challenging, and it lacks a little depth in my opinion. However, that being said it's an enjoyable game with a number of great features. The music, setting and overall concept are fun and well thought out, there are just a few problems in execution. I do wish there was more extensive Co-op options.
  7. Feb 1, 2013
    I like it, the turn combat is great. My only complaint is that shots do way too little damage... too many misses?.. idk but I just keep playing because the game is really interesting. The turn combat is awesome and could be even better with some patches. Great voice acting and the economy is simple but interesting. You can hire "professionals" to carry out several missions at the sameI like it, the turn combat is great. My only complaint is that shots do way too little damage... too many misses?.. idk but I just keep playing because the game is really interesting. The turn combat is awesome and could be even better with some patches. Great voice acting and the economy is simple but interesting. You can hire "professionals" to carry out several missions at the same time! recommended! Expand
  8. Jan 31, 2013
    I enjoy the game, It has sandbox so you can have your own freestyle play in several areas of atlanta city. I am sure there will be expac DLC stuff to maybe get other towns or more stuff to do. The camagne starts off basically you come to america as a european trying to live the american dream. You slowly build up a crew an then finally take on some of the crime syndicates to eventuallyI enjoy the game, It has sandbox so you can have your own freestyle play in several areas of atlanta city. I am sure there will be expac DLC stuff to maybe get other towns or more stuff to do. The camagne starts off basically you come to america as a european trying to live the american dream. You slowly build up a crew an then finally take on some of the crime syndicates to eventually create your own. I am enjoying the game but there are so lack luster areas. The combat is not like I was truely expecting its more so sim style then true RTS turn base. Cause you can simple auto play battle like if you were playing a game like King Arthur the role playing wargame but with alot less options...heh. characters can have different guns/weapons they use or specialize in an the RPG element is okay. I have to say overall the game should of been released at a price point of 29.99 not 39.99 but least i got 15% off via steam prepurchase. Expand

1. Jun 10, 2013
    Despite its elaborate nature, Omerta does not offer a great deal of variety, while giving the impression of a 10-hour-long tutorial, constantly guiding the player. Such a repetitive game will not take long to get tiresome. [March 2013]
  2. Apr 11, 2013
    Best avoided by anyone seeking a real challenge or keen to get their teeth into some serious multiplayer gaming!
  3. Apr 9, 2013
    A promising concept of managerial and turn-based strategy from the Prohibition in the United States era. However, its realisation is unfortunate. From the managerial point of view the game is too long, reminding Waiting for Godot. Entertaining fights are subsequently killed by repeating locations and unpolished cover system.