4.8

1. Feb 1, 2013
    I have played this game for about 8 hours so far and I have mixed feelings about it. The combat is very mediocre and I skip it whenever I can. I think the strong suit of the game relies in the economy of the game. That said it is extremely repetitive. There isn't much to build or manage and they make up for it by just making you start over for every mission. I really wish there was more of a persistent world thing going on. It's pretty simple and easy to learn but it is lacking a lot of depth which makes it mind numbingly boring after a while if you are a strategy game fan. One gripe I have is about unique weapons. Maybe I accidentally skipped something but I haven't found a single one yet and I've done a bunch of missions that say I get one in those missions. I end up buying most of the property on the map before I move on too, so I don't know. Would be okay if this was a 19.99 game instead of a 39.99 game. It just doesn't have much lasting appeal. Expand
  2. Feb 2, 2013
    44.99 euro for this?
    It has been said before. You will pay a AAA price for a flash game.
    You will regret paying when you realise how utterly boring and shallow the game is.
    The mafia strategy genre is still waiting for a proper game adaptation. This is NOT it!
    Kalypso has taken the hopes of gamers for a good gangster game, and crushed what little was left of their credibility along
    with those hopes.
    No amount of patching (doubtful Kalypsoy will even make any) or the numerous amounts of expensive DLC (that will no doubt follow) will ever justify the price charged or the lost credibility.

This is shameful, pathetic and sadly these days, not even original.

For shame, for shame...
  3. Feb 3, 2013
    They really managed to drop the ball on this one. Boring, repetitive, bland, imbalanced and extremely overpriced, Omerta: City of Gangsters should be stayed away from as far as possible unless the price drops to around 2-10$. Combat is decent in its core, much like the new X-Com but still manages to be despicable with corner-shooting pixel-calculating AI's, luck-based hit system, random deployments, shooting through walls and far too easy. The rest of the games involves around managing and expanding your business in the 1920's america which is probably one of the most fun concepts I've ever heard about but it is FAR too easy and next to impossible to lose unless you've been force-fed lead while growing up. Even on hard because there's next to no random events in sandbox, the campaign is one long sticky scripts that tugs you out of the RTS experience as soon as you start to establish yourself (the most fun part) just to force-feed you a generic story through 2d cutscenes. Me giving this one an 1 is generous due to me being a sucker for these kinds of games, but If you actually bought this for 40+ Euro, get a refund ASAP. Collapse
  4. Feb 1, 2013
    I like the game quite a bit. Is it perfect? No. It could be a bit more challenging, and it lacks a little depth in my opinion. However, that being said it's an enjoyable game with a number of great features. The music, setting and overall concept are fun and well thought out, there are just a few problems in execution. I do wish there was more extensive Co-op options.
  5. Feb 4, 2013
    Nothing very good here :/
    From the poor management of your crew to the repetitiveness of the missions and maps, the very disappointing combat system, the story not very appealing... You are doing the same things over and over, and worse, it's not even fun.
    Could be "ok" for a game at 10€, but i'm not even sure you could enjoy it more than few hours.
  6. Feb 7, 2013
    Another wasted opportunity... This game could have been great IF the developers would work out the details, but what we have instead is a lifeless, boring and unfinished strategy game. The game is way too easy, there is no real competition with the AI. Maps are too small and you lose every progress once you reach a new zone. They should have create one huge map with plenty of thing to do...The story is cliched, and I wish they would focused more on the sandbox mode. AI in close combat mode is dumb. Enemy NPC's only tactic is to run towards you and shoot. I hate that I can not choose the clothes of my gangsters (and they look like amateurs with their basic clothes, I want to wear black suits), they go everywhere on foot (amateurish when the boss is running from one end of the map to the other), equipment management and weapon purchases are illogical...Overall not a good game, not worth the full price. Maybe for less money it could have been acceptable, but this is not a complete, polished game. Expand
  7. Feb 4, 2013
    I'm rating this a zero not because this game is literally the worst thing that it is possible for a game to be, but because it has absolutely no value. It's a nothing game.

The turn based combat is horrendous. Really poor. Ugly. Poor controls. Poor system. Simplistic and boring.

The co-op is non-existent, you don't play the real campaign, you play a couple of the crappy combat
    missions, this is a monstrously cynical ploy in itself.

The main campaign is brutally simple and while it looks nice in parts it suffers from loads of really lazy elements, such as gangsters just running around to do jobs, the completely passive enemies, and the staggeringly small size of the maps.

Really there is just nothing to this game to justify the price or anybody's time. Frankly I feel cheated by it.
  8. Feb 5, 2013
    Just to reiterate what others have said, this is not a fully developed game, and it would feel more at home on Facebook than on Steam. The strategy elements are either extremely easy, uninspired or a combination of both. It is not worth the $40 asking price, wait until it hits $5 on a sale if you must buy it.
  9. Feb 5, 2013
    Feels like a flash game, plays like a flash game (wait 254 seconds until you can raid that building again), but does not cost like a flash game. Graphics are decent. Music is ok, but neither of that justifies spending 45 EUR for this game. The combat, even if its turn based does not resemble either the X-Com, or the games like Silent Storm. Basically point and click until somebody dies. If that game was a product of Zynga, it would probably get around 5, but Kalypso should do much better. Expand
  10. Feb 5, 2013
    This "game" had plenty of promise. Best described as playing monopoly against yourself. Was going to give it 30, but took it down to 20 because of what they charge for this fail game.
  11. Oct 28, 2013
    Originally I gave this game a 3/10, stating how I felt that, "Each mission is a series of repetitive tasks, simple as that. While you perform these tasks they will try to piece in little bits of story and nothing really ever changes from board to board." And then I finished the review by stating, "Now I will not say this game is absolute junk, but for the price I paid, I was expecting something much more impressive, or at the very least slightly impressive."
    Now, those complaints still persist with me. This game's "takeover" gameplay is extremely tedious, imo, and I still feel that this is an overpriced game for its content. However, giving the game a second chance after its free update, I found myself enjoying the game much more. The strategic combat, story and theme are all pretty refreshing and earn the game a higher score than 3/10.
    Specific Cons: Missions and map takeover becomes extremely tedious and drawn out. Game is overpriced. Would be a 8/10 if it were approximately 20 bucks.
  12. Feb 6, 2013
    This game has no enemies. It also has no controller support on PC. Dev says it was developed for consoles primarily as of the writing of this review the game isnt on consoles yet. That means the PC version is some weird beta version that lacks features like being able to play it. Also there are no enemies which is weird.
  13. Feb 4, 2013
    Very enjoyable game, though I can understand that not everyone would like it. If you like turn based combat games, like X-Com, you'll like this game. It isn't perfect but it's definitely a lot of fun!
  14. Feb 2, 2013
    I pre-ordered this game on impulse, and I have got to say I'm not really disappointed. It is an old school style turn-based game, with specific perks and powers available to each character upon leveling up. If you don't like turn based combat, do not get this game, you will hate it. To be completely honest, the single player campaign is hard to get through. I've only done about two missions and I have yet to go back because it feels very vanilla and bland. You can buy businesses, do in-mission missions, and upgrade your home on each map that you play. I suppose the single player is most disappointing in that it had a lot of potential but has either been squandered or watered down to where it's a chore to get through. Where the game DOES excel in my opinion is the multiplayer. You chose four heroes, can completely customize any of them with any weapon, and can level them up to make them more powerful in combat using "money" earned while playing CO-OP or verses. One draw-back is there is little, if any, tier-based pvp combat, so new folks are often paired with older ones who have a much more advanced party, and an inevitable slaughter ensues. If you want to play multiplayer though, clear time on your schedules. Though both are fun in their own right, PVP takes roughly 15-30 minutes and COOP takes 45-60 minutes. All in all, a decent game and a good buy, particularly if it goes on sale. In fact, I would recommend waiting until it does so. Expand
  15. Feb 15, 2013
    I approached this game with a lot of curiosity yet at the same time remembered many games that were expected to be great yet somehow turned out to be bad. Well, this game falls to the latter category it's bad.

The first thing that struck me is that the combat which was introduced as an important element is just a bunch of scripted events, where enemies are randomly dumped onto the area
    and the same fight can go completely different if you just restart it. The combat mechanics? Mixed feelings here you have options to use covers but those seem to have little to none impact on the fight. Also, the percentage of hit chance is a failure it makes you happy to hit 3 times in a row at 10% but when you miss 3 times at 95%, then something just feels wrong. Best avoid combat whenever you have the option to do so, as it's not a good experience.

The economic part is just too damn easy, and that's all there is to say about that. Sure, the system with taking over buildings and redoing them to your needs is nice, but there is no challenge to it as everything is scripted and any combat where you might loose something happens once-twice in a mission. So unless you waste your starting money on stuff that doesn't generate income, you've basically won.

All in all, this game is not terrible like some people here write about it. It's "just" bad a bunch of nice ideas were executed in a poor way, the game feels like it was made for a tablet of sorts, and the difficulty level is just a laugh. If you can get it for 10 euro, go for it as it has some nice parts that can keep you playing for a while anything higher than that is too much and you'll waste money.
  16. Feb 5, 2013
    I feel cheated by having spend 39.99 for such a piece of garbage. Repetitive, formulaic storyline. The campaign is not challenging at all, the missions are boring. The gangsters simply run at an inhuman pace across the map to complete actions instead of, I don't know, taking a car? When you rent or buy a property and turn it into a speakeasy, pizza parlor, or boxing ring the outward appearance of the building doesnt change at all. In fact, the only aesthetic changes to the map at all can be made via decorative upgrades to your hideout with do nothing for you. Don't waste your money. Expand
  17. Jun 27, 2013
    To be fair, writing this review on 27 June 2013, many months after the game's original release and after having very recently purchased the super-patched version with all the DLCs, I cannot agree or disagree with the reviews of the originally-released version, which seemed flawed and incomplete. Consequently, my score of 10 corresponds to the version I have recently bought (and the only one I have played), which was enhanced by the major end-of-May patch.

I only played the first mission of the Campaign, which is a first of many tutorial missions. After that, I experimented with various sandbox-mode setups.

I'm not an action-game tactical fighter. Consequently, I do not mind if the A.I. adversaries are too easy to defeat in the turn-based combat encounters. Those do not happen often, and I find them fun, even though they do not constitute difficult challenges.

I'm not a financial wizard, either. Consequently, I do not mind if the game's economic simulation of a criminal enterprise lacks "realism" and deep challenge. There is just enough pseudo-realism and economic interactions to represent a decent simulation challenge.

What I am is a RPG player. I enjoy to design PCs (human-controlled Player Characters) and to play-act them according to their positive and negative limitations. In the sandbox mode, the game shines if it is played with such a RPG-style mindset.

If you play it with a strategic and/or tactical "wargame" mindset, you will feel underwhelmed.

Playing in a huge window, on my 1920x1200-resolution desktop, with 8x AA, after having tinkered with my video "Catalyst Control" settings, the game looks great crisp and clean.

I'm having a lot of fun. I will certainly pay full-price if more DLCs or expansions are offered.
  18. Feb 2, 2013
    Don't waste your time It's ok but hey there are to many great games to play So i don't recomend you this game if you haven't finished new DMC
  19. Feb 23, 2013
    It feels and plays like a facebook game just with a faster pace than every 6hrs. The first campaign missions are like drudging through dialog popups and then not knowing what you just did to save your criminal empire! Though the game is pretty simple, you do crime in an organized fashion and don't want to alert the police, which can then cost you a resource or a bribe. Then its combat system is bland with visual issues and targeting problems. 2/10 Expand
  20. Jul 13, 2013
    Boy if that ain't a load of crap Arcana wrote. This game is horrible even after the patch. Who wants to play a game a 5 year old can play. Oh I forgot Arcana does. He wants an easy peasy strategy rpg game. Well 99% want a challenging game and this one doesn't do it. Get Mob Rule or Gangsters they are much better games,
  21. Feb 16, 2013
    I tried really hard to like this game, being a huge fan of the Tropico series, but this game is just awful. The gameplay will bore you to death, the graphics are all right but the game somehow manages to combine lack of content with making the maps feeling cramped. Comparing it to Xcom like some attempted buzz for the game has done is just a joke. Stay far away from this game, or try the demo if you want to experience what I just described first hand. Expand
  22. Jul 30, 2013
    Omerta is an average game that is fun if you get in on sale. It has an x-com style combat system (though not nearly as extensive in terms of variability and combat options). The meta game gets a bit redundant over time, though the recent additions of sandbox mode and other small improvements has increased re-playability somewhat.
  23. Feb 12, 2013
    The user reviews on the front page are pretty accurate. The game WOULD be fun, but there's just not enough content. It's set up basically as challenge missions. Once you pay a deputy off at the start of the mission, you can go crazy robbing everything in the zone, when an investigation opens up on you, just ask the deputy for a favor and it magically goes away.

I was really looking
    forward to this game because there were a few games similar to it released way back. If you want to enjoy this game, then I suggest checking out Gangsters (released way back in '98 though, but it's still better than this. Expand
  24. Feb 8, 2013
    I am a huge fan of Tropico so needless to say when I heard Omerta was going to be published by the same company I jumped at the chance to own this game. Going into this game I noticed a few disturbing trends.

First the staff was telling us not to expect to much on the forums that it would be a different game than what we want.....Not a good sign. So after I bought the game I noticed the
    game's single player mode had some nice additions but sandbox is where everything is at, right?

Sadly I learned the best part of the game is the music.

Here are my Pros and Cons of this game.

+ Great Music

+ Looks great

+ Perks

+ Missions to sell vice items

- No matter what you name your main character you will always be "Boss Deanglo"

- sandbox is very limited

- When in a tight spot your criminals in a battle have to wait for everyone to flee to escape. So my criminals are angels now?

- You really can't edit much and there is no real opposing AI Factions in Sandbox building and trying to take over space. The Combat sucks

- No real world editor The best part of this game is single player. Honestly skip the game or wait till the price drops unless the DLC is free it is not worth it.
  25. Apr 3, 2013
    This game had so mutch potential but it ended up being boring and simple. Singleplayer gets boring preatty quickly and the storyline is not interesting at all. Sandbox has the same problem it gets boring so quickly you dont really have any competition in the sandbox you just expand your criminal business without any challenge. There might be cops on your tail but you can just bribe them over and over again. The combat system is kinda nice although you might rage when you are standing right next to your enemy and shooting him with sniper rifle and still missing the shot. The good thing in the game is the graphics and atmosphere. It really looks and feels like 1920 Atlanta but that still doest make up the lousy singleplayer and sandbox mode. With the current price of the game it simply is not worth buying Expand
  26. Feb 18, 2013
    Well, I give up. I can't find anything positive to say about Omerta. It's just so, so, so bad. The key skill required on the part of players is patience. "Just wait a bit and everything will be alright" might occasionally be considered useful life advice, but it's hardly a solid basis around which to design a game. Do something stunningly obvious, wait a bit, do something else stunningly obvious, wait a bit, occasionally indulge in some outrageously shallow XCOM-style combat that was clearly slammed together in a couple of weeks... and that's it. I mean, I understand the desire of games companies to appeal to those of a less hardcore persuasion, but Omerta sets the decision making bar so low that it represents a trip hazard to gerbils!

In short, this is an absolute turd. Don't even touch it if it's free. Use your bandwidth for something more interesting and challenging, such as watching foreign language infomercials for cleaning products based on lemon juice that shift even the toughest stains without damaging the environment or representing a hazard to children and animals.
  27. May 24, 2013
    In short words: very bad interface design, repetitive gameplay, horrible combat system. This game has no depth at all, and looks very unprofessional in all its aspects. It would deserve a 4 if it was marketed as a small cheap game, but given its AAA price, a 2 is well deserved.
  28. Jan 31, 2013
    I enjoy the game, It has sandbox so you can have your own freestyle play in several areas of atlanta city. I am sure there will be expac DLC stuff to maybe get other towns or more stuff to do. The camagne starts off basically you come to america as a european trying to live the american dream. You slowly build up a crew an then finally take on some of the crime syndicates to eventually create your own. I am enjoying the game but there are so lack luster areas. The combat is not like I was truely expecting its more so sim style then true RTS turn base. Cause you can simple auto play battle like if you were playing a game like King Arthur the role playing wargame but with alot less options...heh. characters can have different guns/weapons they use or specialize in an the RPG element is okay. I have to say overall the game should of been released at a price point of 29.99 not 39.99 but least i got 15% off via steam prepurchase. Expand
  29. Feb 1, 2013
    I like it, the turn combat is great. My only complaint is that shots do way too little damage... too many misses?.. idk but I just keep playing because the game is really interesting. The turn combat is awesome and could be even better with some patches. Great voice acting and the economy is simple but interesting. You can hire "professionals" to carry out several missions at the same time! recommended! Expand
  30. Feb 2, 2013
    I like the game, its a nice graphic, but the old heroes and magic missions is a big drop for me, i personale don't like it.

All the features, i like them, and there is more hours in it than i thought, a game for me don't need all kinda features, as long its fun and like doing some of the same things over and over, to get more power and become the Mafia.

Buy it if you like a strategy
    game that got lots of game time and for me it's addicting. Expand
  31. Feb 13, 2013
    At first glance it looks promising, when I get my hands on it it feels stiff but fun, after playing it for a while I decide to never play it again. This genre is so done, this isn´t something "new" sure it´s a cool thing that they have decided to make in a gangster/mafia style, but seriously how man gangster games don´t we already have? My final thoughts, boring, outdated and I would rather play Mafia on Facebook, and that´s free! Expand
  32. Jul 27, 2013
    Jogo muito ruim. Evite-o, principalmente se você conhece "XCOM" e sua jogabilidade infalível. Creio que os produtores precisam melhorar bastante este jogo. Não valeu o preço que estão cobrando.
  33. Apr 5, 2013
    I expected more from Omerta, riding on the expectations of some of Kalypso's previous games, such as Tropico. However, although my initial impressions were good, I soon realized how repetitive and laborious the game as a whole can be.

I found multiplayer to be not up to par, the combat system felt oddly bugged, favoring the A.I. in some situations. Also, the thing which bugs me most,
    and perhaps many other people too, was the price tag of this game.

£30-40 for a game which had a play time of around 6-7 hours (before boredom kicks in), along with repetitive gameplay and features rehashed from other games (specifically FREE flash games), Omerta just didn't cut it for me.

Overall, although it was initially a blast, it quickly deteriorated, and it has been a while since I have even looked at it in my Steam library.
  34. Feb 16, 2013
    Aww... too bad. I was hoping for X-Com meets Gangland. Instead, this game just makes my stomach hurt. I'm going to go take an Omerta and wipe my Kalypso. Enjoy my money more than I enjoyed your game guys!
  35. Mar 15, 2013
    This game is very bad, do not take it! Reasons: it does not show up correctly, how to play and do something funky. But we have a good retro feel. But it still sucks. One of the worst game in which I played.
  36. Jul 21, 2013
    This game takes dull too a new level, trying to combine the action and thrill of being a gangster, with the strategy and thinking of Republic: The Revolution (A game I found weirdly addictive) but some how fail to live up to either of those ideas.

It somehow managed to make me feel like neither a Gangster, nor a Criminal Mastermind. Three D's; Disappointing, Dull, Devoid of Personality.
  37. Feb 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Now let's see... You got a great theme (for all Mafia/ prohibition lovers out there), descent battle choice (turn-based at last!) and an expectation that the mix won't fail you (as the price is high). Unfortunately the game feels unfinished... My main concerns lay in the absolutely lack of info/report regarding what your premises produce (in terms of "products" and like/fear rating) or what your joints or construction sites sell (again for both aspects). You should also be able to see the benefits received by upgraded buildings in this report. The battle is nice but missed shots when you are literally next to an enemy is a fail... As the game has something that gets me hooked and wanna finish it, I will not bury it but I'd suggest the developer to implement the changes (that I am sure had in mind but not the time to implement) and give content free of charge to all those that bought the game at full price. A re-pricing at 15-19 is mandatory and please add the option to be able to chat with your opponent/ co-player! Expand
  38. Jul 25, 2013
    Omerta: City of Gangsters's gameplay can become somewhat repetitive and the sandbox and multiplayer options on offer will only entice a limited number of replays. However, this unpretentious mafia strategy game has an entertaining (yet somewhat predictable) story with a great 20s era soundtrack to boot. I thoroughly enjoyed the single-player campaign and if you enjoyed the campaigns in Tropico 3 and 4, set your sights on Omerta: City of Gangsters. Expand
  39. Aug 19, 2013
    Disclaimer: I've not played this, but I felt I must responded to FemmeFatal. First, you're a girl, so you don't get it. Second, some people DO want mindless game interaction. Arcane is an RPG fan, RPGs are some of the most in-depth and detailed and challenging games out there, not mindless games. I'm sorry that you wanted a challenge like you'd find in Magic, the Gathering...then again, if your review is based on telling someone else, who provided PLENTY of explanation in his review (which is what you're supposed to do), that he is wrong....just go home Expand
  40. Jan 18, 2014
    Well, in short, it's crap. I downloaded the demo, looked thru the starting sequence of images, selected the Hideout, sent a guy on a mission to raid some brewery. Then I had to wait maybe 5 mins real-time until it finished. In that time I couldn't do ANYTHING. When this "mission" was finally finished, i started a "job" (sell some beer). This time I didn't have the patience to wait for it to finish. After reading some reviews I re-started the game on Hard difficulty. Same crap.
    Not sure if it's a bug or not. Anyway, I surely won't buy this crap.
  41. Oct 24, 2013
    if only there would be a word to describe something deprived of all sense meaning and joy. To call his project horrible would be a high praise. There is no enjoyment in this. How could they screw up a premise that sells itself gangsters during prohibition.
  42. Feb 21, 2013
    Omerta: City of Gangsters is perhaps a bit overpriced, but everyone who is into the mafia setting and nice strategy titles will enjoy this. The visuals are still ok and because of the nice voice acting you can dive into the world of Omerta. For me Omerta: City of Gangsters is a fresh alternative to the stressy gaming life.
  43. Jan 20, 2014
    If you are a Mafia fan like myself, you will probably be able to overlook some of the game's flaws - there are many though. Even though I liked the atmosphere, I think it was a little too blithe and unconcerned. I felt the game lost credibility because of this. The game is very repetitive, the combat sequences are awkward and you continue moving to new cities (just to have your building progress erased and start all over again) - the latter of these being the worst of the three. The graphics are adequate and gives the game a somewhat moody feel. The strategy lacks depth and so does the story. If you have a weakness for Mafia themed games, you might find yourself entertained from time to time. I also missed the true darkness and cruelty, which to me is the best about the Mafia. Expand
  44. Mar 16, 2013
    Generally an enjoyable game, the single player is reasonably fun, however the co-op does not seem to be what players were expecting; people were excepting co-op throughout the single player campaign more than just two mission maps.
  45. May 3, 2013
    I am not gonna waste my time trying to explain why this game sucks. Everyone else did a pretty good job of it. But I do not even think it is worthy of a single point, this game is a complete rip-off at the price. If it would have been in the 10 dollar range I may have given it a 6 or 7 at best, but this is just a sad, sad game for a whopping 40 bucks. And to piss me off even more, they charge 5 bucks per HORRIBLE DLC content. Money all wasted. Expand
  46. May 4, 2013
    Omerta was meant to be the new thing, it was meant to be something special with turn based combat using a birds eye view set up, but unfortunately the game was a big let down in my eyes. From the makers of Tropico you really expected something good. Instead what you got was a poorly build economic background which took time to set up, but once you had it working money because useless almost. The combat was the only thing that was interesting, but even that became very repetitive and predictable. The game was very short with levels pretty easy to complete.

The storyline could of done with extending and more levels put in. The makers are now releasing expansion packs on a regular basis, but at £3.49+ a go you would really think these would be free as the game just lacked the content to begin with.
    Although the game was fun to play you quickly go in a routine on each level and it became boring quite quickly. It's a shame as the game had all the potential to be fun.
  47. Jul 30, 2013
    It's the worst game in some years, the problem are in the play method by turns because this method is very boring, the game is similar to Chicago 1930 but with a stupid and annoying method by turns DON'T BUY THE GAME and DON'T LOSE YOUR MONEY.
  48. Nov 1, 2013
    A really interesting game that's sort of a mixture between Tropico and XCOM, with the setting of Mafia 2 or L.A. Noire. There's city and economy management, as well as turn-based combat. You can raid bars, bribe the police, gain the trust of other independent businesses and buy them out, be a black man and nail gangsters over the head with a baseball bat, and all sorts of cool stuff. You can be both liked and feared by the city, both are necessary for the best possible experience. Like rating means the city will respect you more, and be willing to coordinate with you. Fear rating means the city will fear you, and will sell you things for cheaper pricers and will give in to your threats.

A very unique game that's not without its flaws, but manages to take two good types of games and make it into something else that's also good.
  49. Dec 5, 2013
    The score is particularly low because I bought it through pre-sale and this game is THE reason why I do not buy anything before release...

What to say? A great concept, transformed into a bland execution, overall trite, with a dull plot and with the game mechanics outdated and not very intriguing.

A failure... sorry to say that Kalypso usually gives to client a 50-50 chances: very
    good or very bad.
    Tropico is good? This is bad.
    As was some others titles from their library...

The funny thing is that their games usually seems ALL interesting, before release, and then some get out bugged, half-finished or executed in an almost amateurish way...

This is that last case.
  50. Dec 8, 2013
    My adventure in this game started with the TV-Series on HBO- Boardwalk Empire. Then I bought this Game.Played forty minutes and And I liked it.Perhaps the game looks good, despite the bugs.I recommend to those who like turn-based strategy and economic. I badly write in English and I speak no better, but I think you catch my drift. Google Translate in Help.
  51. Feb 3, 2013

1. Jun 10, 2013
    Despite its elaborate nature, Omerta does not offer a great deal of variety, while giving the impression of a 10-hour-long tutorial, constantly guiding the player. Such a repetitive game will not take long to get tiresome. [March 2013]
  2. Apr 11, 2013
    Best avoided by anyone seeking a real challenge or keen to get their teeth into some serious multiplayer gaming!
  3. Apr 9, 2013
    A promising concept of managerial and turn-based strategy from the Prohibition in the United States era. However, its realisation is unfortunate. From the managerial point of view the game is too long, reminding Waiting for Godot. Entertaining fights are subsequently killed by repeating locations and unpolished cover system.