Orcs Must Die! 2 PC

7.9

1. Jul 30, 2012
    loved the first, with coop included in the second i couldnt wait, i love setting up everything myself but definitely wanted to experience the game with a friend or two. more of everything you loved in the first, tons more traps, quite a few more weapons, plus if you owned the original they gave you 10 of those maps for coop play in the second. the only real drawback i feel is that now thatloved the first, with coop included in the second i couldnt wait, i love setting up everything myself but definitely wanted to experience the game with a friend or two. more of everything you loved in the first, tons more traps, quite a few more weapons, plus if you owned the original they gave you 10 of those maps for coop play in the second. the only real drawback i feel is that now that it has coop it feel too much like it forces you to play coop due to the increased difficulty much past the first couple levels. i REALLY hope the devs address this, if they do really would be 10/10 in my book also they got rid of controller support which kind of sucks : hope they bring that back Expand
  2. Jul 30, 2012
    Just play good and enjoyable. Simply an improvement on the original in everyway, only downside is a sore hand. The banter between characters is hilarious, the gameplay is smooth, solid and extremely enjoyable
  3. Jul 30, 2012
    Absolutely brilliant. Played the first one all the way through and this second iteration plays great. The banter between characters is hilarious, the gameplay is smooth, solid and extremely enjoyable. Well worth a play
  4. Feb 28, 2014
    A new twist on the very much loved genre of tower defence. Set your traps and ready your magic/bows/fists! Waves of creatures will come at you and you better be prepared for everything. Very strategic and challenging and all the more fun with another friend with you! Worth getting during the steam sales or/and if you're in the mood for some charming graphics and tantalising strategy fun.
  5. Jul 15, 2013
    I like the game principle. But the tower defense part is to small. In some levels there is not enough time between waves to create a proper tower combination. If the towers were able to kill everything without your hero (e.g. by picking other abilities), i would have liked it more.
  6. Aug 2, 2012
    I enjoy FPS and strategy games. Since the FPS genre is now overrun with cheaters, and I have mastered many of the casual strategy games like Civ 5, I have been looking for a gaming gem. I have been purchasing PC games since 1988 and have been satisfied with about 1 in 15 games. Add this one to the list of top 10 games to own on PC. I played it for 7 hours straight and I wanted more. A rareI enjoy FPS and strategy games. Since the FPS genre is now overrun with cheaters, and I have mastered many of the casual strategy games like Civ 5, I have been looking for a gaming gem. I have been purchasing PC games since 1988 and have been satisfied with about 1 in 15 games. Add this one to the list of top 10 games to own on PC. I played it for 7 hours straight and I wanted more. A rare thing these days. You will NOT be disappointed buying this title. Support these developers because they remembered games are supposed to be about CUSTOMER FUN. Too many big titles these days feel like money sponges. Buy this NOW. Expand
  7. Jul 31, 2012
    Major improvement over the original. if you enjoyed the first game you will love the sequel. The Co-op mode is a very welcoming feature. There are some levels which you would better in if you have a friend to help you. The banter between the two characters is amusing during the mayhem of orc slaying. The endless game mode helps you make up for skulls you dint obtain in co-op mode, whichMajor improvement over the original. if you enjoyed the first game you will love the sequel. The Co-op mode is a very welcoming feature. There are some levels which you would better in if you have a friend to help you. The banter between the two characters is amusing during the mayhem of orc slaying. The endless game mode helps you make up for skulls you dint obtain in co-op mode, which allows you to upgrade equipment and retry those levels again.
    One clear improvement is the weapons/traps hotbar, you can now drag and drop items into different slots unlike the first game where you had to deselect all items and pick them in order.
  8. Jul 30, 2012
    Never played the first but I am enjoying this a ton, 3rd person action tower defense == good times, big time. and for $15 this is very close to a must buy
  9. Oct 7, 2012
    A charmy game in many ways. You can have many strategies in your gameplay, and you have to choose carefully what to bring with you to every track. The only thing bringing this game back a little tiny bit is the lack of classes and that there are few maps. But this game is still a brilliant game, and very much worth the money.
  10. Oct 23, 2012
    I was a big fan of the original Orcs Must Die, and was very excited for the sequel. I am pleased to say, for the most part, this game does not disappoint. It streamlines the experiencing by getting rid of the "Weavers" (For which most people only used the same one) from the original title, and expanding the trap and weapon selection. You get Story Mode, Endless Mode, and for good measureI was a big fan of the original Orcs Must Die, and was very excited for the sequel. I am pleased to say, for the most part, this game does not disappoint. It streamlines the experiencing by getting rid of the "Weavers" (For which most people only used the same one) from the original title, and expanding the trap and weapon selection. You get Story Mode, Endless Mode, and for good measure they even toss in 10 Classic maps from the first game. For added value, Robot entertainment gives you a weekly challenge, which forces you to check out new strategies and traps, which I love. I have officially logged over 150 hours of this game, solo and co-op, and I feel I have a pretty good feel of it. I have 5 skulled (Best possible result) everything on Nightmare difficulty, and have played a good amount of Co-Op. I've also purchased and enjoy both DLC packs which each introduced 3 new maps and new monsters. So why only an 8? I do have a few gripes, though mostly they aren't about the gameplay itself. In no particular order:

1. Character Balance. Orcs Must Die 2 allows you to play as the hero from the first game, as well as the sorceress, the villain from the first game. This is all well and good, but certain traps are only available to each character, and the Tar Trap, which is basically the best trap in the game, is not available to the Sorceress. I like having individuality, but this balance is frustrating for Sorceress players. Which leads me to #2...

2. Leaderboards I know they are meaningless, but I like Leaderboards in a game like this to gauge how well I am doing and my strategies. There are a few flaws here. Leaderboards should have been separated by what char you are using (Apprentice or Sorceress), as well as by other criteria. For example, Endless mode only sorts by score - Sorting by Wave would be good here too. This leads me to...

3. Endless Mode The "Horde Mode" Of Orcs Must Die 2 is a fun inclusion, however it needs some tweaking. To get 5 skulls, you need to get to Wave 40. The monsters get tougher every 10 levels. This leads to a lot of monotony. They could have increased cash per monster, and cut the wave totals in half, making 20 waves what you need. Some Endless waves take 1-2 hours (or more) to complete. This is too long. Also, because the longer you go, damage dealing objects becomes useless which means that basically you HAVE to use the non damage items (Springs, Void Walls, etc) - Which reduces variety and therefore fun. 4. DLC While I am glad Robot put out 2 DLC packs shortly after the games launch, as other people have mentioned - The DLC packs feel a little light. $6 each for 3 maps and a new monster and weapon or two seems weak, compared to the content you get with the title itself. Also, I couldn't help notice that the 2nd DLC didn't include any of the creatures from the first DLC (Not even in the Endless Waves) - Which makes them feel disconnected as opposed to building on eachother. 5. Banter/Story - For whatever reason, the dialogue just isn't as entertaining and funny as it was in the first game, and there doesn't seem to be quite as much of it. 6. Co-Op is OK, but not as much fun as I had hoped. Limited each person to a small amount of traps can be awkward, and having to rely on eachother to play traps in certain places is weird. Similarly, Coin Drops in Co-Op mode should be split by both players.

So, I've listed several gripes here, but don't let this fool you. This are critical ideas on how to improve a game I love. I've logged 150+ hours, and enjoy the franchise, I still think there are ways to improve.

Enjoy!
  11. Aug 2, 2013
    A near perfect mix of action, strategy, rpg elements, and just pure fun. The difficulty is balanced just right IMHO. This is probably the most enjoyable game I've played in the past year.
  12. Dec 27, 2012
    First of all, I have to admit, that it's generally first game, but with all issues from the first part fixed. Some people may complaint, that Robot Entertainment goes the easy way and just bill us for the same game twice, but for me it's exactly what I wanted. Game is incredibly rewarding, especially on nightmare level, and enjoying it with friend is just so much fun. After basic campaign,First of all, I have to admit, that it's generally first game, but with all issues from the first part fixed. Some people may complaint, that Robot Entertainment goes the easy way and just bill us for the same game twice, but for me it's exactly what I wanted. Game is incredibly rewarding, especially on nightmare level, and enjoying it with friend is just so much fun. After basic campaign, which is very short to bo honest, You have classic levels, nightmare difficulty, endless mode and DLC, so generally there is always something to do. I think it's very important to play with friend, because it's the exact spirit of this game. Another thing I love in this game is how diverse is you weapons arsenal - I was playing with 3 different friends and playing with each of them was entirely new experience. Everybody has own ways to do things in this game, what I find very enjoyable. Expand
  13. Jul 24, 2013
    This game is fun, challenging and very enjoyable. I haven't had so much fun in a co-op game last years. There's a lot of replay-ability in this game with different upgrades, traps, etc. Buy and play this game with a friend, you won't regret it.
  14. Feb 19, 2013
    It's extremely fun, much more fun than the first game. Coop is great! There are so much more upgrades, more weapons and traps, the game is still funny just like the first and it's totally worth full price! Get a friend to play with you!
  15. May 27, 2013
    One huge flaw with OMD1 was that it came without the possibility of Co-Op. Now that there's a co-op implemented this game is top notch fun. Amazing gameplay, amazing characters, awesome new builds and tactics. Whether you're a new player or liked OMD1, OMD2 is a must-have. You'll spend many hours with this one. Thumbs up!
  16. Jul 1, 2013
    I think this is the best $20 I've ever spent, it really is incredibly simple to learn, easy to play, and fun to play. It requires some thinking and uses a great concept of tower defense and 3rd person action, it is a really good game and I am hoping the 3rd one will be out this year.
    The sound quality is average quality, the voice acting has that of Axton from Borderlands 2, the graphics match the atmosphere perfectly. There is a wide variety of weapons, traps, trinkets, and costumes for both characters, and the levels seem to be playtested well, allowing for a variety of strategies to win levels, but never easily. Endless is great fun and a challenge at all levels, there is 3 difficulties in the campaign and there is also endless mode, 3 dlc packs with 3 maps each, and a classic that allows you to play the 10 favorite maps of the first one. It is 20 dollars and worth 60, far more enjoyable with a friend though.
  17. Jul 12, 2013
    Better then the original.
    New traps, new levels (And also some of the old ones If you have the first game in your Steam library), new enemies, and now Co-op!
    If you haven`t played the first one, it`s basically a trap defense game (Yes, trap defense, NOT TOWER) in which you are trying to stop the Orcs from reaching the exit. I really don`t have any problems with this game. But keep in
    Better then the original.
    I really don`t have any problems with this game.
    But keep in mind this game was basically made around Co-op, so be sure to have a friend!
    Anyway a good game.
    All Orcs Must Die!!!
  18. Aug 5, 2012
    I think "Orcs Must Die 2" didn't improve on the first "Orcs Must Die" on every aspect: I miss the "Weavers"; I think the "Halls" of the first game were more interesting than the "Dwarven Mines" used as scenario in this new game; I liked the orcs design of the previous game better; and I think the "ragdoll" effects in this new tittle are a little exaggerated...

Still, there are amazing

Still, there are amazing improvements: one more character, better upgrades structure, more weapons and traps and guardians and, the best, the co-op mode.

Co-op was exactly the major flaw of the first "Orcs Must Die", lots of people started playing "Dungeon Defenders" instead just to play co-op. Still, "Orcs Must Die" single-player manages to be (against all odds) yet more fun than "Dungeon Defenders" multiplayer, and now that we have co-op in "Orcs Must Die 2", well, there are not many reasons to go back to "Dungeon Defenders".

In the end, I think "Orcs Must Die 2" is as good as the first one (meaning: it's amazing!) and also very cheap. Insanely recommended.
  19. Jul 31, 2012
    This game is fantastic fun and has plenty of content for only $15. The co-op mode is amazing and there are plenty of levels and game modes to keep any player occupied. I only have two problems with Orcs Must Die! 2. The one-liners, while funny, get repetitive. Secondly, traps sometimes can't be placed in spaces where it seems like they should be able to, especially on the ceiling. OtherThis game is fantastic fun and has plenty of content for only $15. The co-op mode is amazing and there are plenty of levels and game modes to keep any player occupied. I only have two problems with Orcs Must Die! 2. The one-liners, while funny, get repetitive. Secondly, traps sometimes can't be placed in spaces where it seems like they should be able to, especially on the ceiling. Other than these minor issues, this game has an amazing amount of bang for the buck. Get it and play it. Expand
  20. Jul 30, 2012
    Just Amazing what i wanted plus more.
  21. Aug 2, 2012
    If you enjoyed the first game, you'll definitely enjoy the second. If you have fun with tower defense games which incorporate FPS elements, you'll enjoy this too. Although I still have four maps to play, I have spent over 20 hours so far with the game, so I feel confident giving my assessment. This game launched at $15 for a single copy or $25 for two. Or, if you got it during theIf you enjoyed the first game, you'll definitely enjoy the second. If you have fun with tower defense games which incorporate FPS elements, you'll enjoy this too. Although I still have four maps to play, I have spent over 20 hours so far with the game, so I feel confident giving my assessment. This game launched at $15 for a single copy or $25 for two. Or, if you got it during the Steam sale, $12.50/$22.50. That's really inexpensive for this quality of game. I definitely recommend picking it up at these prices f you're into this game genre. **Composite Score: 9.125/10** **Entertainment Value: 10/10** Solid excitement mixed with charming humor. I really enjoyed playing solo. Co-operative play really depends on who you're playing with and dealing with network/tech issues. My partner had some microphone and XBOX controller issues, so we had to deal with tech problems at the start. But, after we got those sorted, we had a good time roasting, slicing, and crushing waves of orcs. **Graphics: 9/10** The Vision engine still delivers as good of a product as it did in OMD!. On my SLI GTX 570 setup, I get solid graphics performance and appearance. Anti-aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering are both great. No artifacting at all. Only reason this doesn't get a 10 is that the traps often don't mesh perfectly with the surroundings. And, coins sometimes get lost behind walls. **Sound: 9/10** Solid sound like the first game. Music is lively and entertaining. The surround system works. The orcs still tell silly lines, and now that dwarves have been added, they enhance the humor too. I give this game a 9 instead of the standard 8, because the dialog and music enhance the experience better than most other low-budget games of this style. **Design and Gameplay: 9/10** Gameplay has been tweaked since OMD!. There are more weapons, trinkets, and a new female character, the sorceress. There are new monsters. There are other ways to play such as ENDLESS and Co-op. Also, the way players can upgrade traps and items is distinctly different from the first game.... somewhat more like an RPG than before. Otherwise though, it's still build traps and use your character's powers to defeat the waves of mosters before they exit the map. **Game Length: 9/10** Given the game's low price and its incorporated multiplayer mode, don't think too harshly about it taking me less than three hours to complete the first half of the campaign on War Mage (normal) difficulty. I'm not done with the second half yet, but I've spent a couple of hours doing and redoing the next few maps. Also, I've spent many more hours playing through ENDLESS maps, going for high-scores, and playing through the classic maps using the new trap upgrades and weapons. Therefore, I'm quite happy with the game's length. Expand
  22. Aug 9, 2012
    the ultimate splatter game that succeeds in giving you what a game should: Fun! Graphics are very ok and the physics system and overall feel are just superior to most games. The gameplay is balanced to perfection and I keep replaying this game 'till infinity it seems. One of the better games out there for sure!
  23. Aug 2, 2012
    Extremely difficult if played solo, which is a good thing. Very refreshing to play a tower defense game that doesn't let you sleep through the first half of the game.
  24. Jul 31, 2012
    One of the best action strategy games of all-time. The fun of tower defense with the fast pace action of a third person hack and slash. Just plain tremendous. Orcs Must Die was a great game. Orcs Must Die 2 is just the total package.
  25. Jul 31, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There's no way this game can get a score of below 9, it's just brilliant, i do not regret a single bit since the day i pre ordered. It, the game shows a great storyline which intrigued me a lot since the first game, so far, i've only completed it solo, and it was brilliant, so i can't wait untill i can co-op with one of my friends. Also, i love how the game didnt remove anything, they just added and still kept the old maps from the first game and skins as well. New spells, New traps, and more orcs, this game is a must buy if you wish to have a good time with your friends or even on your own, since the humour of the game never stops with so many jokes. Expand
  26. Nov 9, 2012
    Super fun and alot of replayability. I have 400 hours logged on this game. Love it! Fryedegg is a noob though. I am in love with Nana however, I was told she makes good muffins.
  27. Dec 24, 2012
    OMD2 just does what OMD1 did, and does more of it-- they don't do anything crazy that ruins the fun of the originally and I still get hours of enjoyment out of this title even months later. I've always liked this genre (what I call "tank defense" or third-person tower defense) and the balancing of the units, player traps, etc. is just about as perfect as you could get. This quality is notOMD2 just does what OMD1 did, and does more of it-- they don't do anything crazy that ruins the fun of the originally and I still get hours of enjoyment out of this title even months later. I've always liked this genre (what I call "tank defense" or third-person tower defense) and the balancing of the units, player traps, etc. is just about as perfect as you could get. This quality is not quite as present in the expansions for OMD2, but the base game itself is great. Expand
  28. Jul 31, 2012
    When the first Orcs Must Die title came out, relatively the same time as Dungeon Defender, I missed out on the first title...my reason being was the lack of Co-Op. I see now, I should've invested on the first title seeing what I've been missing out on. Been playing Orcs Must Die! 2 with a friend and have been having a ball. Lots of action (especially at the harder levels) and really makesWhen the first Orcs Must Die title came out, relatively the same time as Dungeon Defender, I missed out on the first title...my reason being was the lack of Co-Op. I see now, I should've invested on the first title seeing what I've been missing out on. Been playing Orcs Must Die! 2 with a friend and have been having a ball. Lots of action (especially at the harder levels) and really makes you think in optimising your playstyle/build. Great fun. Highly recommend...more so if you've got someone to play the game with 9/10 Expand
  29. Jul 30, 2012
    Everything the first one was, plus more. It has simple things such as key rebinding, which seems trivial, but let OMD1 down, and introduces multiplayer, which many will be happy to see. At its heart though, it's about killing orcs, and it does a damned fine job of doing it, and making it more fun than the first outing whilst it's at it. The addition of a second character is awesome,Everything the first one was, plus more. It has simple things such as key rebinding, which seems trivial, but let OMD1 down, and introduces multiplayer, which many will be happy to see. At its heart though, it's about killing orcs, and it does a damned fine job of doing it, and making it more fun than the first outing whilst it's at it. The addition of a second character is awesome, meaning you can play through the levels, then go back and play again with better traps, then go back again with a whole different character, giving a tonne more replayability. If you want a Tower Defence game with a little more involvement from your character, it's well worth a look Expand
  30. Jul 30, 2012
    cool game you can play online all the cool cool extension Tipo TAVERS defents but you can run shorter cool again is super cool weapons and magic wow cool

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Oct 10, 2012
    Excellent shooter / tower defense mix with many great ideas comes with black humor, cooperative multiplayer, tons of weapons & traps and a gazillions of upgrades. [Sept 2012]
  2. Sep 16, 2012
    In spite of its balance wobbles, Orcs Must Die 2 is a frenetic blast of co-op joy - the ideal 30-minute post-pint pick-me-up, be it a step-change sequel or not. [Oct 2012, p.106]
  3. PC PowerPlay
    Sep 16, 2012
    Borrows a little too much from the original game but features some fantastic moment to moment action. [Sept 2012, p.58]