5.8

1. May 6, 2012
    The game is buggy, but even so I enjoy it as is. The bugs being patched and all of the promised free DLC will be amazing. I am more than patient as the game only costs about 8$ less than that if you buy the 4pack.

It has room for improvement but I enjoy it as I said. Even with bugs I have figured out ways to play to the best of my ability despite tons of t-rexs coming after me (I hope they allow us to turn on T-Rex swarm in the patches to let us continue this)
  2. May 7, 2012
    My friend bought me it in 4-pack as a gift...don't know if to be glad or hate him for doing that to me. It's really a joke. Especially the awesome vehicle control with mouse...not even talking about the other stupidities... Save money, don't buy it.
  3. May 7, 2012
    This game is literally unplayable - it crashes randomly at every occasion, and when it doesn't, you can't connect to any servers. Do not buy it at any circumstances, it's not worth any money and even if it was free, there is still no reason to play. I really have no hope for the creators to release some patches that will actually fix anything, because to release a game that doesn't notThis game is literally unplayable - it crashes randomly at every occasion, and when it doesn't, you can't connect to any servers. Do not buy it at any circumstances, it's not worth any money and even if it was free, there is still no reason to play. I really have no hope for the creators to release some patches that will actually fix anything, because to release a game that doesn't not work at all, that takes some balls. Or a lot of hard drugs. By the way: I've noticed few accounts that rate this game really high (10/10, when even 5/10 is really absurd) that have been created just yesterday. I wonder if the developers have something to do with that. Expand
  4. May 4, 2012
    Are there bugs? Yes. There are plenty of them. At one point, I was hunkered down in a bunker and a T Rex decided to pop on in and phase through the wall and give me a "How Do You Do" by promptly ripping my face off. But it all boils down to Is It Fun.
    Yes. Oh yes.
    Yes. Oh yes.
    I found myself chuckling gleefully as I popped a few into the horde of Raptors that for whatever reason decided I'm the best snack, not as if there are any other dinosaurs to chew on. Of course, there is the triumphant feeling when you taking down your first T Rex with nothing but the puny little starting pistol.
    However, like I said, there are more than plenty of bugs.
    Menu selection also fire your gun, and while jetpacking through the air, the pterodactyls chasing me had meshed into a massive blob that could only be identified as an aerial dinosaur orgy.
    T Rexes phase through the walls as I have mentioned, and there was one point were I couldn't get the game to start, the smarmy **** All in all, it is a good game, but it cannot be a great game until the issues are patched, and more of the extinct bastards are added.
  5. May 5, 2012
    This game is AWFUL, the graphics are poor, the animations even worse, it is completely riddled with bugs. I would really recomend NOT buy this POS. It is not worth the money. The gunplay is poor, as are the sounds, it crashes, have game stopping bugs. It might only be £6 but dont waste your money on this!
  6. May 4, 2012
    Game is buggy to the point where most of us can't even run it. I honestly can't believe they launched this game in the state it is in. It feels more like an early beta then a full game.
  7. May 5, 2012
    Dino Beatdown is a joke!... nothing on there works at all, have tried it on two high end computers and still no luck. The game might be OK after they fix everything up, but to say they have realised it when it doesn't even load up.. its just funny!.. I am creating games in university and my outcomes are much better than this and I am only just learning HaHa.. Who ever made this shouldDino Beatdown is a joke!... nothing on there works at all, have tried it on two high end computers and still no luck. The game might be OK after they fix everything up, but to say they have realised it when it doesn't even load up.. its just funny!.. I am creating games in university and my outcomes are much better than this and I am only just learning HaHa.. Who ever made this should really look into getting a new job haha funny.. Don't buy at the moment doesn't work it sounds good, and the co-op seemed a cool idea, but un-till it works there's no point in wasting even £6 pounds on this lol! just download unity and make your own game it will be much easier to get working and most probably be much more fun to :/ Expand
  8. Mar 23, 2014
    worst steam purchase ever. game feels like an alpha, and not even a good one. it's just extremely lacking. look up video reviews before buying it, even at $1 it's not worth it imho.
  9. May 11, 2012
    Putting aside the fact the developers have a .. bad history of stealing content from other games and saying they were legitimate placeholders etc.. the game is plagued with bugs and is definitely something I would not recommend to anyone, even if it was completely stable.
  10. May 7, 2012
    This game is not very good and I was really hoping it would be. One of the worst products I have invested in. Buggy, unresponsive at times and loves to crash. Do yourself a favor and pass on this until they fix it.
  11. May 7, 2012
    FAIL!!!!! The game dosen't even work :( The concept sounded cool and the price was what made it tempting.... Can't believe steam released this garbage! THX 4 STEALING My 9$ .... I wanna a refund :/ don't buy this crap. Take 9 $ and flush it down the toilet that's what this game is there's your review !!
  12. May 8, 2012
    The game looks good, and the idea sounds promising. Unfortunately they had no money for good models and animations, so it looks quite cheap, even with the Unreal Engine. QA - Quality Assurance - is something they do not know either, because the game is full of bugs. Never had something such bad for many many years. And yes, I paid 9â
  13. May 10, 2012
    There's three problems with this game. 1) It was released in Alpha stage at best but was touted as completed (pre-purchase with BETA access would have been better). 2) It's an indie game but uses the biggest commercial engine out there (UT3). I'm still unsure how I feel about that. 3) It's actually rubbish.

I'm reluctantly giving it a 1 not a 0 as I did have a solo play game and

I'm reluctantly giving it a 1 not a 0 as I did have a solo play game and flying around with a jetpack was interesting, but nothing more.
  14. May 6, 2012
    Orion: Dino Beatdown puts you in an open-world where you, along with four others, have to restore power to four bases (Dino survival game-mode, only game-mode currently available) using four types of vehicles (a hover bike with no armaments, a jeep with a machine gun, a robot and a VTOL-aircraft) in order to defeat the game. Each time you activate a generator, five waves of dinosaurs (madeOrion: Dino Beatdown puts you in an open-world where you, along with four others, have to restore power to four bases (Dino survival game-mode, only game-mode currently available) using four types of vehicles (a hover bike with no armaments, a jeep with a machine gun, a robot and a VTOL-aircraft) in order to defeat the game. Each time you activate a generator, five waves of dinosaurs (made up of Raptors, T-rexes and flyings Rhams that can pick up players and drop them) will try to destroy the generator. If they are succesful, the base stores will close and you can no longer buy new equipment, upgrades, vehicles or resupply your character. You can, however, repair the generator. There are three classes the player can pick from and each of these have their own starting equipment and unique special ability. (The medic can heal, the soldier can fly and the scout can cloak). This all sounds like good fun and if everything works like it should, it can be. However, most of the time gameplay is marred by an incredible amount of bugs, haunted by constant crashing, poor graphics, monotony and the absence of a tutorial, leaving you to die many deaths before figuring out what it is exactly that the game wants of you and even after, you'll often get stuck inside the terrain, find yourself being forced to leave the server and rejoin just to sit the entire round out. In its current state, I could not recommend the game to any one; the developers need to step up and fix their product and never-ever release a game too early again. However, there are promises of (free) DLC on the horizon such as new maps, new game-modes and new dinosaurs and now the only question that remains is whether or not a software company can survive such a disastrous release? Bigger, more experienced companies have tried. And failed. Expand
  15. May 9, 2012
    This game has had by far one of the worst launch builds i have ever had the opportunity to play. The menus hardly worked, joining/creating multiplayer or solo games was impossible many times, and the few times i did manage to get in the game it felt clunky and horribly unbalanced. The Devs are saying a god patch is coming today that will make everything "better" so hopefully they haveThis game has had by far one of the worst launch builds i have ever had the opportunity to play. The menus hardly worked, joining/creating multiplayer or solo games was impossible many times, and the few times i did manage to get in the game it felt clunky and horribly unbalanced. The Devs are saying a god patch is coming today that will make everything "better" so hopefully they have managed to fix the majority of the bugs. However until more DLC comes out there just isnt enough to this game to keep me really interested only 3 dino types 1 of which can insta kill at long to close range using projectiles and melee, 3 classes of which 2 are suicidal choices unless you camp buildings or vehicles, 3 maps, and no real persistence to the game since you lose all items/upgrades at the end of each match and there is no ranking system. At this point the only thing that would make this game really fun is 5 player co-op but with MP completely broken for most people right now that's not really an option. Hopefully in a month or 2 once the game is properly patched and some DLC has been released the game will be more enjoyable. I just hope that the launch and lack of content doesn't drive away the community. UPDATE: Patch 1 made the server browser and hosting/joining games at least possible for a good number of people. However crashes and bugs are still pretty bad. The patch even brought about a lot of new bugs since once again spiral was in a rush and did not test the patch thoroughly in an attempt to save time. Expand
  16. May 10, 2012
    Unpolished, buggy, bad sounds, music that does not fit the "action" on the screen, no environment sounds. That's Dino Beatdown in a nutshell. Sorry, but that's unacceptable for 10â
  17. May 7, 2012
    Horrible, just horrible. This is a money grab, steer away! I wish I could get my money back. This game is the first game I've ever bought on steam and am completely disgusted with.
  18. May 12, 2012
    Dino Beatdown is a survival type game, where humans with high-tech weaponry fight hordes of oncoming dinosaurs. It takes place in vast landscapes, where the player must activate the power generator of one out of four bases and fight the incoming dinos. The game was first released in a rather horrendous state, making it impossible or very difficult to join or make servers, the game wouldDino Beatdown is a survival type game, where humans with high-tech weaponry fight hordes of oncoming dinosaurs. It takes place in vast landscapes, where the player must activate the power generator of one out of four bases and fight the incoming dinos. The game was first released in a rather horrendous state, making it impossible or very difficult to join or make servers, the game would crash often and such. While these issues have (for me) largely been ironed out with the first patch, the game is still full of glitches. Sound breaks down after map switch and the first person gun models don't properly react when you fire (leaving you with a feeling of killing raptors with a potato gun). While these are issues I'm sure will be solved by the developers, the game also suffers from some problems in the design. For one, the assault class seems to be the only to have an easy way of getting out of the way of the larger dinosaurs with the jet pack. The medic especially seems to be in trouble when faced with an angry t-rex, leaving them with the rather boring option of staying in-doors popping out every once in a while to pump a clipload of lead in the big lizard. The dinosaurs can't climb, so the right thing to do is get on top of something and shoot the hordes of dinos who are running around below like it's a free crack handout in a bad neighborhood. It is kind of boring that the smartest thing you can do as an "assault" is to just camp on top of something. When you die you'll have to wait until the other players either kill enough dinosaurs or they die themselves and you lose the game. This might be a very long time since the last player can just take a vehicle and go any old direction. We seem to lose a lot of players who die early after a spawn, because they don't want to sit around for 15 minutes waiting to re-spawn. The game now has an option for buying a new life after dying, but if you can't afford it you'll still have to wait. There are only three types of dinosaurs in the game - T-Rex, Raptor and Rahm. While the rahm (a flying dino that'll pick you up and fly away with you) is an interesting touch, the design hasn't been followed through here either: only the assault class has a way of surviving when dropped by a rahm. The recon and the medic will just spatter on the ground below. Killing these three types of dinos quickly become boring, and the game could really do with some more kinds. The game has a selection of vehicles, but alas, here the design is again lacking. The flying type of vehicle is a game winner - the dinos can hardly hurt you and you get to spend the rest of the game bombing defenseless lizards on the ground (and the terrain is game-from-1999-ugly when seen from above). The vehicle direction controls are mouse based, with is fine for the flying vehicle, but just feels clunky and incomplete for the ground based ones. The game is in a much better state than when it first came out (now it is playable), but that also means that all the design flaws come out. It's fun to exploit some dumb dinos who can't get to you, but it will grow old very soon. Expand
  19. May 7, 2012
    Steam's worst ever release. UI doesn't work properly, uses other game's sound effects, crashes, bugs everywhere, horrible etc, do i even need to go on? It really is THE worst. I can't believe Valve rejects some games and approved this MESS. Do not buy. Some people are defending this just cause they're indie devs. You know what? Support good indie devs that make good games, like LoneSteam's worst ever release. UI doesn't work properly, uses other game's sound effects, crashes, bugs everywhere, horrible etc, do i even need to go on? It really is THE worst. I can't believe Valve rejects some games and approved this MESS. Do not buy. Some people are defending this just cause they're indie devs. You know what? Support good indie devs that make good games, like Lone survivor and A Valley without wind, NOT THIS! It's not even worth 1 cent. That's how awful it is. Buy anything but this. Expand
  20. Jul 17, 2012
    I made the mistake of purchasing this game before checking out any reviews. This was compounded by the fact that I bought a 4-pack, since the game has online coop. Who doesn't love online coop? Well, this game has made me regret that decision. Graphically it is fine, and the dinosaurs look cool, but that's where the good stops. Game breaking bugs, uninspired game play, and a myriad ofI made the mistake of purchasing this game before checking out any reviews. This was compounded by the fact that I bought a 4-pack, since the game has online coop. Who doesn't love online coop? Well, this game has made me regret that decision. Graphically it is fine, and the dinosaurs look cool, but that's where the good stops. Game breaking bugs, uninspired game play, and a myriad of drama-bombs involving the developer should be more than enough to keep you away. Expand
  21. May 5, 2012
    I can do Better myself in UDK or even Cryengine, This game doesnt worth anything at all. This game is a joke. and the worst part is i can't even play online, Because server are down. Broken Game upon release, and they already talk about DLC ... Just Stay away from this game
  22. May 6, 2012
    Game is Bugged to all hell. A game should not be released if half the users cant even launch it. Feels more like a Pre-Alpha than an actual Game. Game is way too hard as of now since half the time you get killed by a bugged out T-Rex than from actually failing. Being an Indie Studio and cheap game is not an excuse for release such a poor product.
  23. May 7, 2012
    This game is bad, real bad. The makers have acknowledged that the current product, which is the only thing we have to judge right now, is a severely buggy game that should be in beta at best. This is nowhere near a '10' which a few people here seem to think. That is, by definition, putting this game in its current state up there with the greatest games of all time and just flat out sillyThis game is bad, real bad. The makers have acknowledged that the current product, which is the only thing we have to judge right now, is a severely buggy game that should be in beta at best. This is nowhere near a '10' which a few people here seem to think. That is, by definition, putting this game in its current state up there with the greatest games of all time and just flat out silly especially when half of the current '10' reviews note that the game has potential or can be fun if they fix the issues. I'm sorry, but if a game deserves a 10 on any review then there is simply nothing else they need to improve on because the game is perfect. Dino Beatdown is not that game, at least not now. I'd wait for a sale or at the very least wait to see if the developers stick to their word and fix the issues here before buying. Trust me, there are A LOT of issues that need fixing. Best of luck to Spiral Games on both Dino Beatdown and their future projects. Expand
  24. May 9, 2012
    I'm not sure if this game is an unpolished turd or an unpolished gem, so far the game feels incomplete and doesn't have much to set it apart as a fps. For some reason the raptors of them game attack the generator like it has a dead pig stuck somewhere in it, as a result it needs to constantly be repaired so weapons, vehicles, upgrades, and ammo can be purchased. You spend most of the gameI'm not sure if this game is an unpolished turd or an unpolished gem, so far the game feels incomplete and doesn't have much to set it apart as a fps. For some reason the raptors of them game attack the generator like it has a dead pig stuck somewhere in it, as a result it needs to constantly be repaired so weapons, vehicles, upgrades, and ammo can be purchased. You spend most of the game camping in a building or in a vehicle. If your character sneezes and farts at the same time they die. The character classes only determine your starting ability and gear, there's nothing else they do (no discounts on gear or vehicles). There's bugs too (alot). It will be a while (not sure when or if ever) before this game will be known as a minor success or a cheap flop, at the rate people are giving up on this game it might never become the game the developers envisioned it would be. The only positive thing about it thus far is the fact that it's only $9 on steam right now (regular price is $10). BUYER you have been warned that there is only one positive thing about it at this point in time. Expand
  25. Mar 16, 2013
    The next Update in this Game (Dino Horde) is actually pretty good it fixes many major Bugs so that its actually playable and its great Fun! (Dino Horde is not yet released but will be soon)
  26. May 7, 2012
    Words can not even express how bad this game is. I was very excite when I first heard about a coop survival game with dinosaurs and yet when it launch it because a study in aggravation and disappointment.
  27. May 11, 2012
    Nope. Don't buy. This game is nowhere near ready to be released. The devs say that a "last minute addition to the game" caused the bugs that are present, but it is hard to believe that could result in the massive amount of fail in this game. The framerate chugs (and I have a higher-end pc), the environments are redundant (you can easily see the pattern in the environments by using yourNope. Don't buy. This game is nowhere near ready to be released. The devs say that a "last minute addition to the game" caused the bugs that are present, but it is hard to believe that could result in the massive amount of fail in this game. The framerate chugs (and I have a higher-end pc), the environments are redundant (you can easily see the pattern in the environments by using your jetpack to get to a high place), the graphics are below average, the enemy AI is extremely retarded (They are rarely able to find their way into a building if you're hiding in one). Fortunately for you, you probably won't have to experience these bugs because more than likely you will not even be able to start up the game or join a server. I have yet to be able to play with my friends because I either mysteriously lose connection, or the server (which is populated by just 1 or 2 of my friends) says that it's full with invisible men that don't really exist. Sure it may be a cheap game but the devs have so far failed to meet their promises of goods in return for my money. It's like I went to Subway and paid the 8 dollars for a meal and they just gave me bread crumbs in return. What do you expect me to do with this? The devs even went so far as to pretty much commit fraudulant advertising for their game. They say you can blow up everything with their destructible environments. No. The only thing you can destroy the in the game are the vehicles, yourself, and dinos. It's class based, but there are only 3 classes so don't get excited. It's suppose to be fast-paced. No. You can hide in the buildings and it will take forever for the dinos to find you. You can kill tons of dinosaurs! No. Sure, there are waves with tons of dinos in them, but there are only three different types (raptors, trex, pterodactyl). They say the dino AI is dynamic. If you consider them running into walls and getting stuck in corners trying to find their way into the building, then sure, it's dynamic. They say you can go anywhere in huge, endless environments. No. The environments are pretty large, but they sure as hell aren't endless. On the steam forums, the developers lock threads where players offer criticisms for the game. They say they are offering ingame incentives because of how badly the game has launched. Uhhh, the large majority of us can't even play the game so how the hell is that going to help us? Bottom line is that if you buy this "game", you will regret it. Save yourself the time and cash and stay far, far away from this title and anything else that happens to come from this piece of trash developer. Expand
  28. May 8, 2012
    Shocking absolutley shocking. Dave Prassel is a disgrace to the indy scene and Steam are allowing him to moderate one of their forums!!! for the game. Keep in mind guys he's also got staff placing 10 stars but it's their own choice ;) Stay clear of this title and the dev. Can't wait for Steam to refund my purchase. I suggest reviewing the Steam Forum for this game. If purchased go to steamShocking absolutley shocking. Dave Prassel is a disgrace to the indy scene and Steam are allowing him to moderate one of their forums!!! for the game. Keep in mind guys he's also got staff placing 10 stars but it's their own choice ;) Stay clear of this title and the dev. Can't wait for Steam to refund my purchase. I suggest reviewing the Steam Forum for this game. If purchased go to steam and request a refund. The game just does not work. Expand
  29. May 9, 2012
    Just a very buggy amateurish attempt at game making. People involved have no idea of the difference between mod making and a commercial release. Not worth even the 8.00 its selling for.
  30. May 13, 2012
    Game is far from finished, and is so broken it's unplayable.
    Frequently crash bad graphics, bad animations, bad sound, server problems and I could continue this list, but the game does not deserve anymore of my time.
    My advise, is stay away from this game, do not buy this game, use you money on a game that deserves it.
  31. May 14, 2012
    Easily one of the worst games I've ever played, and the fact that the devs claim this is all due to a "last minute" glitch and try to put the blame off on Steam removes any last vestige of confidence or respect I have for them. Currently, we're in a week after this game's launch, and it is still plagued by crippling bugs. Multiplayer servers constantly appear full when they are in factEasily one of the worst games I've ever played, and the fact that the devs claim this is all due to a "last minute" glitch and try to put the blame off on Steam removes any last vestige of confidence or respect I have for them. Currently, we're in a week after this game's launch, and it is still plagued by crippling bugs. Multiplayer servers constantly appear full when they are in fact empty, thus preventing you from ever playing a game with your friends, and dinosaurs clip through walls and run around aimlessly fueled by the immense stupidity their "dynamic" ai affords them. I'm not even going to bother touching on the horrendous quality, lackluster graphics, lack of enemy variety, or gameplay bugs, because I don't need to. I'm also pretty sure Steam didn't have anything to do with those... Buyers beware, this game is an utter piece of festering garbage. I don't even want my money back. If there was some way I could just return this game to steam and have it removed from my library I would. 0 out of 10 Expand
  32. May 14, 2012
    My children like this game because they can easily use the steam 'join game' feature to fight dinosaurs together online. The graphics, audio, and general quality of this title are not of a high standard, however, despite it's rough edges Orion: Dino Beatdown is a fun experience for young gamers.
  33. Jul 19, 2012
    Without a doubt one of the worse games I have ever played. At launch it was riddled with bugs, and has still yet to be fixed. I have a pc that plays all current titles maxed, and this game looks like crap. It looks and plays nothing like the video on steam. I didn't expect much for $10 and out of all the 400 games I have on steam it was the first title I was hell bent on getting a refundWithout a doubt one of the worse games I have ever played. At launch it was riddled with bugs, and has still yet to be fixed. I have a pc that plays all current titles maxed, and this game looks like crap. It looks and plays nothing like the video on steam. I didn't expect much for $10 and out of all the 400 games I have on steam it was the first title I was hell bent on getting a refund for, it's that bad. I finally got a refund after 6 emails to support. I gave them a chance to fix this title, and if you look into the development team you will find out why the game is so bad, and always will be. David Prassel is a thief, and basically not only did the project leader steal $20,000 of kickstarter funds and then fire most of the development team, the developers also seem to have stolen assets from several other projects. Former employees and many reporters are backing this up. Stay away, far, far away. Go play Tribes (free to play) and 10x better game than this garbage if you Expand
  34. Aug 29, 2012
    I've been holding onto some hope for this game sense the potential was there, but the execution from the start was just really off. But it seems now that the company who first developed the game even seems unsure of their own product since in their newest update they are reworking the majority of the game, and actually dropped the First Person aspect of the game, and now making it a ThirdI've been holding onto some hope for this game sense the potential was there, but the execution from the start was just really off. But it seems now that the company who first developed the game even seems unsure of their own product since in their newest update they are reworking the majority of the game, and actually dropped the First Person aspect of the game, and now making it a Third Person Shooter, while also taking away three of the originally released maps, and bringing in only two new ones into the update stating they need to rework the old maps using 'new technology'. The game was fun for a brief period of time, but it seems that this is destined to be a game that the developers will probably fiddle around with trying to make it seem worthwhile before dropping it all together due to the lack of popularity. Expand
  35. Oct 22, 2012
    this is the most disappointment you will ever get out of a ten dollar bill.
    this is the most disappointment you will ever get out of a ten dollar bill.
    there is a lot i could say but i can only tell you that five months post-release they finally turned this game into a beta and removed all of the original content and replaced it two extremely small maps and a whole lot of lip service and they made the game-play so much harder it's sure to make even the finest of gamers rage-quit. and two months after that, it's still in the same condition. after taking away all the game's content, spiral studios has produced nothing but images of stuff they say they will include but they have yet to actually produce anything new in the game. Dave Prassel, the ceo of spiral studios, is admittedly using this game only to fund his main project and any content that this game receives in the future will only be the leftovers from his main project. dino beatdown is nothing but a testing ground for orion prelude and Prassel does not give a **** about this game.
    DO NOT WASTE TEN DOLLARS ON THIS GAME and if someone gives it to you as a gift, you need to promptly de-friend that person. yes, it's that bad...
  36. May 7, 2012
    Sure the game has problems, but this game is seriously unlike any other, nice graphics, a fun concept, and THE most commited lead dev ever. Hopefully the bugs get sorted soon, and then this game will be perfect.
  37. May 16, 2012
    I honestly don't know where to begin with this game. What little bit of the gameplay I've managed to get a chance to experience has been lackluster, but the game is the most bug-ridden piece of software released since Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing, and Windows ME. Even after the patch, servers are full with phantom players who don't actually exist, the server list doesn't populate, theI honestly don't know where to begin with this game. What little bit of the gameplay I've managed to get a chance to experience has been lackluster, but the game is the most bug-ridden piece of software released since Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing, and Windows ME. Even after the patch, servers are full with phantom players who don't actually exist, the server list doesn't populate, the list goes on. I won't bother listing them all, because to do so would take more time than I'm willing to spend on this abortion of a game. Honestly, there must be retribution and penance for releasing such a great sin into the world. I will not buy a game from this studio until I see the lead developer apologize profusely while weeping for forgiveness, while eating shards of broken glass as a sign of good faith. This game is UNSPEAKABLY bad. Expand
  38. Jun 6, 2013
    Metacritic score of this game prove how this site is useless. Game was bought&re-branded by 2 person game dev studio with very limited funds. They want make this game good, but they can't do it fast as people want. One of developers is really active and helpful on steam discussions and want to hear whats wrong with his game. Every update makes it better and better and they promise toMetacritic score of this game prove how this site is useless. Game was bought&re-branded by 2 person game dev studio with very limited funds. They want make this game good, but they can't do it fast as people want. One of developers is really active and helpful on steam discussions and want to hear whats wrong with his game. Every update makes it better and better and they promise to improve animations and sound later on. This thing don't deserve for such a low score, c' mon people! Expand
  39. Apr 17, 2013
    I'm sure I played this game and hated it.. that's right I did. Why the new name?

If you don't know what I'm talking about, this game is ORION: Dino Horde. Same game, new name. It's still bad and still has stolen art. http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/orion-dino-horde
  40. Jul 26, 2012
    Despite good looking screen shots that coax you into buying this game it really is a buggy piece of garbage. I feel ashamed to have this in my steam collection.
  41. Sep 3, 2012
    This "game" is a disaster. Obviously unfinished, I'd say it barely looks like they started on it. Enemies with no animation, menus that don't work at all, those are just some of the problems this game has. Not even good enough to be called a proof of concept, just lazy trash.
  42. May 7, 2012
    Fun game all together, interesting abilities, tactics, use of terrain in many ways, cheap co-op you know servers need money to maintain, beautiful landscapes, nicely organized to create unique moments, nothing feels like hunting a pterodactyl like iron man (no vehicles) and then snipe him a mile away midair while you are grabbed by another and wrestle with him for your own survival. ShouldFun game all together, interesting abilities, tactics, use of terrain in many ways, cheap co-op you know servers need money to maintain, beautiful landscapes, nicely organized to create unique moments, nothing feels like hunting a pterodactyl like iron man (no vehicles) and then snipe him a mile away midair while you are grabbed by another and wrestle with him for your own survival. Should i mention about how i assassinated 6 raptors like an invisible hit-man with silent pistols while other 30 were chasing me and they do not die easily. While you have dump fun you have to think at the same time unlike most shooters after all who does not copy, you have to be resourceful or you are dead. It copies random ideas but it combines them in a new way to create something i never seen and its amazing. Many ways to make co-op count, with 5 people the tactics level can sky rocket now i ca do other thing that shoot heads with different weapons.
    All this with only 4.70 euro, one my best investments. I know its bugged but its a lot fun imagine what will happen when its patched today and for only 7euro (single buy), not to mention the free dlc that is coming soon. Some people are unlucky and can play at all, for some time i couldn't ass well but its a good game and once patched (today) its a must buy.
  43. May 7, 2012
    Dino Beatdown is a game that has a lot of potential for itself if done right. The game is full of bugs and glitches for what was released but I was still able to play three consecutive games last night and really enjoyed myself. The Raptors and Rham AI were spot on though the T-rex(s) could use a few adjustments. The sound would go in and out at times and most of the time the sound did notDino Beatdown is a game that has a lot of potential for itself if done right. The game is full of bugs and glitches for what was released but I was still able to play three consecutive games last night and really enjoyed myself. The Raptors and Rham AI were spot on though the T-rex(s) could use a few adjustments. The sound would go in and out at times and most of the time the sound did not sync up with the weapons. The developers have promised to release some quick patches to smooth out their launch and also gave promise to 4 free title (dlc) updates in the future. So only time well tell what this indie developer can do for itself. Expand
  44. Jul 7, 2012
    This game has a lot of potential, I actually liked the game play, and believe that with a bit of tweaking it could be a really great game. The problems with this game are many however. It is nearly unplayable much of the time due to glitches. I know many dinos had small brains, but the AI is still ridiculously simple. The graphics are clearly second rate, and the game suffers from someThis game has a lot of potential, I actually liked the game play, and believe that with a bit of tweaking it could be a really great game. The problems with this game are many however. It is nearly unplayable much of the time due to glitches. I know many dinos had small brains, but the AI is still ridiculously simple. The graphics are clearly second rate, and the game suffers from some of the most extreme clipping issues I have ever seen. Voice communication is completely broken, and sound in general, works correctly only in spurts. If they were to fix just the bugs, glitches, clipping and audio/voice issues, I would rate this game at 7-8. Spruce up the AI and animations, expand the types of dinos, allow for weapon/upgrade persistence on a server by server basis, make the classes actually mean something, and I would likely give it a 9. Expand
  45. Apr 23, 2013
    With Dino horde update Orion has become a very enjoyable game. The game is still a bit glitchy but art is nice enough and it is extremely fun to play. Not a game worth 60 dollars, but at 15 definitely a steal.
  46. Feb 19, 2014
    It's fun game with dinosaurs and vehicles and some pretty great maps with medium quality altough the lighting is great it could howerver use more content as in weapons and dino's
  47. May 5, 2012
    I agree with Scarecrow13. At first, I was completely turned off to the game, but after relaxing a bit and even speaking with the developers (who were very helpful and polite) I've been able to enjoy the game despite the bugs. The parts that work well give this title a lot of potential and the parts that don't work well are generally not game-breaking. I think with some patching this gameI agree with Scarecrow13. At first, I was completely turned off to the game, but after relaxing a bit and even speaking with the developers (who were very helpful and polite) I've been able to enjoy the game despite the bugs. The parts that work well give this title a lot of potential and the parts that don't work well are generally not game-breaking. I think with some patching this game will be great. Plus, at under ten bucks and the promise of free DLC, I think it'll be well worth it to see where this thing goes. They can't all be AAA right out of the gate, but this game could be awesome with a little fixing up. Expand
  48. Apr 23, 2013
    I love this game so much. It is my favorite dinosaur game. They have added much more stuff in there free title updates! This is the best dinosaur game ever!
  49. Apr 21, 2013
    This game used to be called Orion Dino Beatdown, but the developer renamed it to Orion Dino Horde in an attempt to get a better Metacritic score.

Do not be fooled by the new name since the game is essentially the same except for a few dinosaur re-skins and the addition of a new micro-transaction store, pay to win. Renowned game reviewers such as Total Biscuit give you an honest and

Renowned game reviewers such as Total Biscuit give you an honest and in-depth point of view on how this game Orion Dino Horde is a horribly unfinished product.

50. Jun 21, 2013
    i say 7, and while they've worked hard to improvethe game over original dino beatdown, its still work in progress.

hopefully they will continue to work on it as they have done over the past year and it will be an even greater value a year from now than it already it. if you are thinking of buying it just wait for a sale to get it. finally im giving it a 10 not because its a 10,

if you are thinking of buying it just wait for a sale to get it.

finally im giving it a 10 not because its a 10, but to offset the trolls and griefers, many that do not even own or play the game, who give it a 0-1. and while its not a 10, its not a 0!
  51. Apr 16, 2013
    What is Orion Dino Horde? Orion Dino Horde is a shooter that pits a squad of carriers(Marines) against a horde of dinosaurs. As you play you can unlock 50+ weapons and equipment to help you odds of surviving. Along with that you can unlock augmentations or armor Upgrades. You can play 1st person or 3rd, your choice. Tired of fighting dinos? Well then try some of the various PvP games.What is Orion Dino Horde? Orion Dino Horde is a shooter that pits a squad of carriers(Marines) against a horde of dinosaurs. As you play you can unlock 50+ weapons and equipment to help you odds of surviving. Along with that you can unlock augmentations or armor Upgrades. You can play 1st person or 3rd, your choice. Tired of fighting dinos? Well then try some of the various PvP games. These games include NinjaCappers, a match where everyone has cloaking devices and are equip with deadly sniper rifles and knives. Don't like ninjas? Then try DudeHuge, a King of the Hill match where players have mini-guns, flamethrowers, and other deadly weapons to keep the action strong. Flying more your style? Then its time to play Rocketeer. Rocketeer is a match where everyone has a jet pack and deadly rocket launchers. There is 9 unique dinosaur AI, and it all takes place in a graphically stunning environment. Expand
  52. Apr 21, 2013
    Not only a poorly developed game, but it has even stolen mesh dinosaur models from the developers of Primal Carnage, and just edited and reskinned them. Shameful.
  53. Aug 23, 2013
    When this game first came out as Orion: Dino Beatdown I probably only played it for all of two hours. It was dull and shallow despite an amusing premise and really didn't grab my attention. It wasn't until recently that I bothered to try the revamped expansion/remake that is the current incarnation of the game and I have to say it has improved from what I would consider a 3.5 to an 8.When this game first came out as Orion: Dino Beatdown I probably only played it for all of two hours. It was dull and shallow despite an amusing premise and really didn't grab my attention. It wasn't until recently that I bothered to try the revamped expansion/remake that is the current incarnation of the game and I have to say it has improved from what I would consider a 3.5 to an 8.

If you like trying to survive nearly endless hordes of enemies with various abilities then this is exactly what the game is. One of the best features is the unlock system. Playing as a class grants you unique bonuses that help you get started more smoothly in the early rounds (Free starting weapons and items, stat bonuses). To really enjoy the game I personally feel it has to be played multiplayer, and I've found that public groups are surprisingly helpful most of the time. Another important thing to note is that starting out on Hard difficulty without any of the special unlocks is largely suicidal. If you can manage to find a public game and get some experience on any of the lower difficulties then tackling the hardest difficulties becomes a fantastic goal with a customized starting kit and good teammates.

Pros:
    -Drop-in co-operative multiplayer
    -Multiple classes
    -Customized loadouts (when unlocked)
    -Many upgrade paths once in game
    -Vehicles! Tanks, Mechs, and VTOLs if you're lucky enough to survive long enough to find them
    -Lots of achievements. You can actually unlock vanity items with enough of them!

Cons:
    -Occasional crashes (Alt-Tabbing and changing Options while in game 23/08/13)
    -Discouraging higher difficulties without teammates or unlocks
    -Lack of servers
    -Somewhat monotonous level design
  54. Aug 21, 2013
    I have no idea how bad the previous version of this game was (Orion: Dino BEATDOWN), but the game as it currently stands, is rather fun and addicting (besides the occasionally crashes which are annoying.).

And because of all the false negativity around here, I am going to have to rate it 10, but otherwise I would of rated it 8 or 7.
  55. Aug 22, 2013
    O jogo divertido e dinâmico. Com as atualizações ele não apresenta mais problemas como outras pessoas relataram. Recomendo dar uma chance ao jogo e chamar os amigos, testar todos os modos. Mesmo lendo opiniões negativas do game, jogue e tire sua própria opinião, não se deixe influenciar.
  56. May 2, 2013
    I can describe this game in actually two words. This is an example of a "piss-poor" game. Now if you're just a sadist? Buy it. And since this review had to be 150 characters long? All this is, is filler crap. I can't say anything good about this trashy title. And judging by a 36 rating across the board for metacritic? What a crappy title.
  57. May 9, 2012
    Its not the best game out there but overall it runs great and it's fun shooting the dino's. Not to mention this game will get regularly patched with more classes, more dinos, just more things to make the game better
  58. Aug 11, 2012
    have seen some reviews for this game, and everyone are calling this game: "the game with potential", and it's true, it has a lot of potential and the game is actually quite fun once you get the hang of it.
    The game has bugs in an amount of a Big Rigs: Over the Roads Racing! copy but **** is it fun with friends! If you have a few friends to play this with you DO IT! You will definitely NOT regret it.
    Playing it solo though is almost impossible because you will mostly die since you get killed in like 3-4 hits on Normal difficulty and like I said before it has bugs.
    Personally, I think that the game is worth $9.99 and nothing more than that so the price is quite fair.
  59. May 9, 2012
    The game is pretty fun. Imagine left 4 dead or killing floor but with dinosaurs. Its good old dino shooting fun. Bit unpolished but its getting regular patches and the lead developer is so involved in the community. I would definitely recommend this
  60. Aug 24, 2013
    A surprisingly fun game. My friend begged me to play the demo, and I did. It was a ton of fun, so I bought the game. I feel bad for the developers: it's a solid horde-slaughterer with fun co-op. It's easy to pick up, play, and stop whenever you feel like it. A lack of dinosaur variety, annoying vehicle control, and a few other minor mistakes keep this game from a high score, however.
  61. Aug 9, 2013
    I give full 10 scores because it´s so much fun!! The game comes with an good idea. After the new update there are some new interesting gameplay mods. This Game will be a new experience for you. BUY IT!!!
  62. Aug 19, 2013
    Ok, So sure, this game isn't going to win awards for any new ideas, or for having broken ground with unique graphics, however i find the teamwork game play engaging, the enemies are interesting and quite well detailed for such a cheap game, and the points system required for weapons and upgrades gives you a greater sense of achievement. I experienced the buggy lag and broken game play theOk, So sure, this game isn't going to win awards for any new ideas, or for having broken ground with unique graphics, however i find the teamwork game play engaging, the enemies are interesting and quite well detailed for such a cheap game, and the points system required for weapons and upgrades gives you a greater sense of achievement. I experienced the buggy lag and broken game play the first time i played, then instantly realised i hadn't downloaded the recent patch which immediately fixed every issue i had, so far no bugs, runs fine, having a blast. Expand
  63. maw
    Aug 20, 2013
    This is not as bad as everyone is making it out to be! Yes there are issues with the game, but one thing people are right about is its just like killing floor with Dinos. I don't think $15 is worth this game but if you get a steam sale for $3 then why not. Flying around on a jetpack shooting at a T-rex is pretty fun, not to mention blowing dinos heads off!! I do hope the developers do someThis is not as bad as everyone is making it out to be! Yes there are issues with the game, but one thing people are right about is its just like killing floor with Dinos. I don't think $15 is worth this game but if you get a steam sale for $3 then why not. Flying around on a jetpack shooting at a T-rex is pretty fun, not to mention blowing dinos heads off!! I do hope the developers do some more work on this game and fix the bugs and make some of the animations better, this game has huge potential! Expand
  64. Aug 26, 2013
    August 26, 2013 Orion: Dino Horde by Spiral Game Studios 10/10. May 4, 2013 Orion: Dino Horde 3/10. The game was an atrocious mess by inexperienced developers. However, their game premise and chemistry had promise. The developers stuck with their first game. 14 months after the game's initial release, I played Orion. I love the game. I will probably put more hours into this game than IAugust 26, 2013 Orion: Dino Horde by Spiral Game Studios 10/10. May 4, 2013 Orion: Dino Horde 3/10. The game was an atrocious mess by inexperienced developers. However, their game premise and chemistry had promise. The developers stuck with their first game. 14 months after the game's initial release, I played Orion. I love the game. I will probably put more hours into this game than I typically do with AAA games. It has the chemistry for replayability.

Summary: Orion: Dino Horde essentially resembles Killing Floor by Tripwire Interactive, but with dinosaurs (plus sci-fi spin). Its a fun play and will get better as time goes on. Spiral Games has a lot of potential as a developer and with their first released game.
  65. Feb 25, 2014
    This game is not a 10. It's a solid 8 and climbing. Somebody has to balance out the horrible reviews from the week it was released. I'm judging it based on the one factor that matters: is it fun? Yes, it absofrigginlutely is fun.
  66. Feb 24, 2014
    Purchased while on sale for $0.99, watching the game play videos I assumed this game would be a lag nightmare or somehow not live up to any decent expectations. It proved to be the best gaming purchase I have made in years. Even for 20x what I paid this game would be worth it, as the key to any good game it is very fun!
  67. Feb 25, 2014
    This game made me realize for the first time that judging a game based on Critic reviews, is a big, big mistake. This game is freaking awesome, period. You can be 3 classes, Recon, Support, and Assault, each unique in their own way, and each progressing in level. Each level brings new perks for your character. The developers have been definitely been working hard on this and the proofThis game made me realize for the first time that judging a game based on Critic reviews, is a big, big mistake. This game is freaking awesome, period. You can be 3 classes, Recon, Support, and Assault, each unique in their own way, and each progressing in level. Each level brings new perks for your character. The developers have been definitely been working hard on this and the proof is in the pudding. Just think of Halo, mixed with Battlefield and Turok. When Orion:Prelude comes out, all other games beware... Expand
  68. Feb 26, 2014
    So...I just bought it for 0,99 Euros which is a fair price, and seems to be a pretty good game, definitively worth the price!!! (0,99 EUROS do not confuse, it was on a -91% sale )
  69. Feb 26, 2014
    This is a god games
    other say "BAD GAME , Or Graphics its bad"
    i Play 7 hours..

Dinosaur 10/10
    Game Modes 11/10
    Maps 8.5/10
  70. Feb 20, 2014
    I've seen the developer on the Steam forums telling people the meta score is wrong. The saddest thing I have ever seen on Steam.
    SOOOOOOOOOOO VERY BAD!
  71. Feb 20, 2014
    This is hands down the worst FPS I have ever played. It's a wonder that games like this are even allowed on Steam in the first place. The rebranding and pleading with potential customers on the forums is a sad attempt at reviving this unpolished turd.
  72. May 8, 2012
    Release day bugs? Absolutely. However, the communication and effort from the developers since the launch has been nothing short of amazing. The developers have taken responsibility for the current issues and have done nothing but offer fixes, literally hourly updates, and many incentives for current purchasers as an apology for the launch issues.

Unlike a number of individuals, I have

Unlike a number of individuals, I have been able to play online and solo and the online play has been an absolute blast. Sure, there's elements that deserve more polish, specifically AI, difficulty tuning, weapon scope remodels, and much more, but the patches are coming and I'm more than content to wait.
  73. Jul 12, 2013
    Here is my updated review. This game only got worse with updates. Don't buy. I repeat Don't buy. The online part is non exsistant and the game now feels worse than what it felt at the beginning. I repeat don't buy.
  74. Aug 22, 2013
    It takes a very special game to be so bad that it's probably not even worth playing for free, yet this is the situation we have with Orion: Dino Horde.

The game is currently free on Steam for a week with 75% off to purchase the full game, and for this the developer has got to be applauded. But the game itself is just terrible. I don't just mean terrible because it's cool to hate on

But the game itself is just terrible. I don't just mean terrible because it's cool to hate on it after the laughably bad initial release; I just mean it's terrible in its completed form. The gameplay is extremely basic, the graphics are poor even for Indie standards and the animations are absolutely atrocious.

However, with that all said, the game IS playable, in that you can shoot dinosaurs and they react to get shot so at least the bare basic mechanisms of an FPS are on display here. The freaky videos you see on YouTube with glitches including somersaulting dinosaurs and physics-free driving are all-but gone (many glitches occur, such as random crashes, logging out in waiting rooms for multiplayer, running through scenery or getting stuck on occasion, but few as dramatic as reported on release), but what's left is a very bland and very dumb gaming experience.

The game promises "incredible visuals and addictive combat". To be blunt, that statement couldn't be further from the truth. Some games are so bad that they're actually fun to play because of the novelty of it, but this game isn't in that bracket it's just lacklustre all round. Avoid.
  75. Jun 1, 2013
    A very good example of how NOT to make a game. you simply have no ideea how anything works in it. plus obvious things do not work, while tertiary aesthetic things, surprisingly, WORK. this game has everything backwards.
  76. Aug 23, 2013
    This is the most fantastic game I've ever played. It took the base game of its predecessor, ORION: Dino Beatdown, and revamped it into something completely new and better. I think it deserves an award for Game of the Decade. Possibly Best Game Ever.
  77. Feb 27, 2014
    Let me make one point clear : ever since the 93% off sale,people have gotten to experience the game again and if you check all the new user reviews are quite good, I think they should calculate again it's meta score, right now it is a completely different game from what it was 2 years ago.
  78. May 11, 2013
    Say what you want about Duke Nukem Forever. Say what you want about Aliens Colonial Marines. But at least they were pretty much for the most part telling you what you were getting into. I have never seen a game company go so far out of their way to deceive its customers. (watch Total Biscuits WTF is... video for this game) I give the worst game at least a point as, you know, it at leastSay what you want about Duke Nukem Forever. Say what you want about Aliens Colonial Marines. But at least they were pretty much for the most part telling you what you were getting into. I have never seen a game company go so far out of their way to deceive its customers. (watch Total Biscuits WTF is... video for this game) I give the worst game at least a point as, you know, it at least functions as a game. But i will not give this blatant cash grab, deception of a game any points. save your money. Expand
  79. Apr 11, 2013
    The game was pretty much "unfinished" and not fun to play but the concept was good imo(i would give 3 or 4 for the original game). now here is why i would give it a solid 9: There is upcoming patch very soon which will Fix most of the major and the minor bugs, they added more content and game modes, fixed multiplayer and made the game more balanced than it used to be. I tested the beta andThe game was pretty much "unfinished" and not fun to play but the concept was good imo(i would give 3 or 4 for the original game). now here is why i would give it a solid 9: There is upcoming patch very soon which will Fix most of the major and the minor bugs, they added more content and game modes, fixed multiplayer and made the game more balanced than it used to be. I tested the beta and got addicted, optimization needs little tweaking but the experience was good, I had fun playing it. "The game will be called "Orion: Dino horde" Expand
  80. Apr 30, 2013
    not that bad I enjoyed it for the most part. It is much funnier if you know the people you are playing with. Dino horde is a good overall cheap game after the update I think its pretty good for the 10-15$ have a lot of potential I would really like to see it go somewhere
  81. May 19, 2013
    This game started as disaster with an good idea. I bought it shortly after release and never played it since it was buggy like hell. With the newest Update a lot has changed and it needs a review from all the bad voters.... it took a while but the devs made the afford to finish there product (not like many other bigger studios out there) Worth gaming. Worth buying.
  82. Feb 23, 2014
    I've played this with friends and I can say that you will either love this game or hate it. I for one enjoyed this game more than anything that I've played in a while. I've had so much fun playing it and I could play it for hours without end. I haven't encountered a few bugs, and none of them were game breaking. It's just stuff like dinosaurs having weird movement or you spinningI've played this with friends and I can say that you will either love this game or hate it. I for one enjoyed this game more than anything that I've played in a while. I've had so much fun playing it and I could play it for hours without end. I haven't encountered a few bugs, and none of them were game breaking. It's just stuff like dinosaurs having weird movement or you spinning uncontrollably after you die (which I find funny and I definitely do not think that it degrades the game quality in any way).
    The game devs have been putting a lot of effort into this and I think that the scores are misleading. If you can put aside the weird bugs and if you don't care that much about hardcore graphics than you should enjoy this game.
  83. Feb 22, 2014
    It is good game. May be on initial stage of the existence of the game it was not so good, But now...
    Now i like this game.
    New maps, i can't see bugs and lags, Nice dinos)
  84. Aug 21, 2013
    Okay, here's the deal and the down-low. I first played this game after seeing that it had a free couple of days on Steam, and I decided to check it out after remembering that one of my favorite Youtube gameplayers, Criken, had played it. After starting the game up and joining a glitched match, I decided to solo it, and it is honestly some of the most fun I've had in a video game in a longOkay, here's the deal and the down-low. I first played this game after seeing that it had a free couple of days on Steam, and I decided to check it out after remembering that one of my favorite Youtube gameplayers, Criken, had played it. After starting the game up and joining a glitched match, I decided to solo it, and it is honestly some of the most fun I've had in a video game in a long time. Sure, the graphics aren't great. Sure, the gameplay is kinda funky at times. Sure, the guns and weapons in general don't look or feel like Battlefield. But all in all, I think this is actually a good game. Most of the bugs that people are talking about down there are before some patch updates and fixes, and I truthfully believe they should give the game a second chance. Keep in mind, this isn't supposed to be a 5-star legendary title from a major company, it's just an indie game that is struggling in a market of overly-scrupulous consumers, and I am giving it the chance as such. This isn't going to be a game I play thinking I will receive some major storyline or super realistic gameplay, but it is something I will play when everything else pisses me off and I want to have fun. That's the keyword here, FUN. The game isn't revolutionary in terms of anything, but neither is Call of Duty or Battlefield anymore. In my personal opinion, Battlefield 3 also gets a 7 for being boring and unoriginal. "But Hisoka, Battlefield is the best thing ever!" Not anymore it's not. But this isn't about Battlefield, it's about Orion: Dino Horde. And I like Orion: Dino Horde. The last thing, which in my opinion is a plus, is the fact that all the DLC packs that add a bunch of content to the game, are free. Completely free. So, support this game and it will continue to get even better, rather than gripe about something and make no moves to change it, you slugs. Expand
  85. Aug 23, 2013
    I do not know why everybody is complaining. This multiplayer of this game is hours of fun! The game was crashing at first, but all I had to do was RESTART after installing; something I should have done in the first place. At full graphics settings, it looks pretty good. There are enough weapons and augments to keep it interesting for a long time. Server game system works well too.

For

For $4, a game where you have the same abilities as a HALO Spartan(property of 343) in the gameplay of Team Fortress 2 is a good deal

My only complaint is that the physics can be weird when a dinosaur hits you, and I wouldn't pay $11 for it, grabbing it during a steam sale is a good option.

i've got ivy i5 4GHz, 8GB RAM, 2x GTX 460
  86. Aug 24, 2013
    This game is an extremely fun game, but it has it's bugs. One good about this game, is that it's original. There aren't many good dinosaur games out there like this one. The graphics are alright and it has a similar look to Halo, but the smoke looks awful. The only bugs I've seen are occasionally getting stuck in a wall, but most of the time I can worm myself out. If you are on the edgeThis game is an extremely fun game, but it has it's bugs. One good about this game, is that it's original. There aren't many good dinosaur games out there like this one. The graphics are alright and it has a similar look to Halo, but the smoke looks awful. The only bugs I've seen are occasionally getting stuck in a wall, but most of the time I can worm myself out. If you are on the edge about this game, wait for it to go on sale on steam 75% off. For $3.74 that's a steal, considering you can sell cards and probably get that much in your wallet, also the game itself has 6 card drops. Solid 8 out of 10, I'm excited to see what this game has next. Collapse
  87. Aug 30, 2013
    At first, reading all the stupid reviews by people who barely played this game, i tought this game would suck, but i gave it a try, and i was surprised, in a good way. Many people talk trash, simply because they don't give the game a full review, Reading down below i see a very bad review, talking trash, because the vehicle controls are with mouse? If he had actually looked in theAt first, reading all the stupid reviews by people who barely played this game, i tought this game would suck, but i gave it a try, and i was surprised, in a good way. Many people talk trash, simply because they don't give the game a full review, Reading down below i see a very bad review, talking trash, because the vehicle controls are with mouse? If he had actually looked in the controls he would have noticed you can change that, another person claiming it crashes randomly and cannot connect to servers, that's a problem with your internet, as i run it totally fine! As i said before, i gave this game a look, with big googley, surprised eyes, this is a very good game for me. Had no problems after playing it for more than 40 hours. Expand
  88. Sep 21, 2013
    A bit buggy, but All in All the Game is VERY fun! Just make sure you play with Friends or use Dedicated Servers as some players tend to "Rage Quit" ruining the fun for you and the others.

On a side note: a lot of those negative reviews are based on Orion: Dino Beatdown this game is built on it, but TOTALLY new
  89. Oct 25, 2013
    Its not Dino beatdown anymore, its Dino Horde! Very fun with friends in coop, good graphics, best music ever! Tons of weapons and upgrades, and billion of dinosaurs! You can use also vehicles, tanks, choppers, and mechs! And its not buggy anymore! And all updates and DLC's are free! Thanks for the game devs!
  90. Nov 7, 2013
    Hello dear gamers, I bought this game in August, it was already changed to Orion Dino Horde. So I can't say anything about the previous game. I don't understand the people who give this awesome game a zero...? no one deserves that !!

I want to tell you about a few things I really like about this game. - You have allot of different game modes, fighting against each other (free for all,

I want to tell you about a few things I really like about this game.
    - You have allot of different game modes, fighting against each other (free for all, king of the hill, gun game, but also in team-play like team elimination), survival (playing with 4 other players) with 6 level with difficulty. There are playable vehicles with nice guns and a lot of other funny game modes (slaughter, rampage, 1v1 dual).
    - There are a lot of different maps with their own world dino, that makes it more dynamic!
    - In the game you get credits by killing dinos, reviving team-mates, restoring the generator or capturing the different objectives. With these credits you can buy many different upgrades, and you can buy a lot of different guns.
    -You can also choose between 3 different characters, every round there is the possibility to change between them. They have their own tech-tree and specialty. It makes the game very dynamic and hold you interested.
    - We had a few free updates, with more maps, better graphics, bug fixes and more! like the spook-tacular event with a new boss fight, Halloween style, awesome!! There will be more free updates with new content, I am very excited about that.
    - The game has a very extensive statistics about almost everything you achieve during the game, it's very nice for number/stats geeks like myself :P.
    - You can customize your characters with different hats, armor, capes and funny taunts. You can win a lot of them during special occasion or by getting more achievements.

There are more things to discover! So check the game and enjoy the dino era!

There are a few minor bugs, but its a indie game and the developers are ready and willing to optimize the game, so everyone can enjoy it.

I really hope that metacritic will revise the score it gave the previous game Dino Beatdown, and give our fellow gamers a real score and the developers the respect they deserve. I am very proud of the developer on that what they made so far.

Your sincerely, Dragittarius
  91. Nov 8, 2013
    Besides from a few small technical issues that occasionally pop up, this game has evolved dramatically over the past year and a half from it's buggy and disappointing launch back in 2012 that most of the users here are referring to. Since then, the game has had a huge influx of new content on a regular basis that has improved not only the graphics and performance, but the overall gameplayBesides from a few small technical issues that occasionally pop up, this game has evolved dramatically over the past year and a half from it's buggy and disappointing launch back in 2012 that most of the users here are referring to. Since then, the game has had a huge influx of new content on a regular basis that has improved not only the graphics and performance, but the overall gameplay experience. Orion: Dino Horde, in it's current form, is one of the best co-operative games to play with your friends around. I strongly recommend you try this game at the next f2p session that is offered. And for those that previously bought the game, try out the new version, it's way better then what you were expecting the game to be like when you first saw it back in 2012. This game deserves a second chance from both users and game reviewers alike. Expand
  92. Dec 5, 2013
    This game is the funniest game I've ever played. Metacritics must re-make a detailed rating, because this game is not Dino Beatdown, this is Orion: Dino Horde!
    Extremely funny, immersive, spectacuar, the graphic is amazing (ok ok, it's not Crysis 3 but it has a very good graphic for an indie game made by a little company). This product is a very complete game, more than 30 playable maps, 50+ weapons, 10+ awsome game modes (including coop, competitive, PvP, team coop and team PvP), badass vehicles, 10 awsome ferocious dinosaur species and more. Free massive DLCs are making this project one of the best multiplayer indie dinosaur sci-fi shooter ever made. My rating is 1010, but the metacritics rate MUST be at least 8010.
  93. Feb 20, 2014
    I give this a 10 because this game is one of the few dinosaur survival games. Turok was like this but with more story and less multiplayer. This game deserves a higher metascore because the game has bugs yes but Spiral Fixes these problems very quickly. The game has RPG element, a FPS element, Character progression, and survival, Also adding to this the old games that weren't even gamesI give this a 10 because this game is one of the few dinosaur survival games. Turok was like this but with more story and less multiplayer. This game deserves a higher metascore because the game has bugs yes but Spiral Fixes these problems very quickly. The game has RPG element, a FPS element, Character progression, and survival, Also adding to this the old games that weren't even games they were mods for half-life. The game is indie now and has a HUGE fan-base. The game is Awesome and I recommend you get this game right away. Expand
  94. Feb 21, 2014
    This game is so awesome i love to plat it with my friends, it gets better by the update and love to play it !
    sometimes it is laggy but that's not really a problem that can be easly solved :)
  95. Feb 21, 2014
    This game is not meant to be played solo, which I think is why so many people dislike it. Anyone who is a fan of FPS-style games and want to throw some serious lead down-field, this game is for you. There isn't any real storyline that I can tell, beyond the basics of being on a planet with dinosaurs and having advanced tech, which I think is another reason Metacrap is giving such a badThis game is not meant to be played solo, which I think is why so many people dislike it. Anyone who is a fan of FPS-style games and want to throw some serious lead down-field, this game is for you. There isn't any real storyline that I can tell, beyond the basics of being on a planet with dinosaurs and having advanced tech, which I think is another reason Metacrap is giving such a bad score. This game is amazing, and caters to a very specific group of players.

Anyone can play it, but unless you love survival and wholesale slaughter, this will not be enjoyable for you. The controls are familiar, the graphics are not the best available, but for a small Dev team on a limited budget, there is not a thing wrong with them. You have to know going in when you pay $15 bucks for a game, it isn't going to look or feel like Halo or COD.

This game throws in a new curve, adding vehicles to the mix, which sets it apart from other games of the "Kill'em all" genre. I've only played a little solo as of this posting, but in a day or two I'll be teaming up with 2-3 others, and I see hours of fun trying class combinations, testing all the weapons, and the fantastic augment system is better than a talent tree.

I've also seen a lot of reviews that are over a year old stating the poor quality of this game, however that is simply not true. Updates and bug-fixes have been an ongoing process, and as of this posting, the game plays flawlessly. All in all, I hope to see more from this developer in the future. My standard rule of gaming is "An hour of play for every dollar spent, minimum." This game qualifies easily, as long as you have a friend or two to bring along for the ride. Can it get repetitive at times? Certainly, its a wave-based survival game, there isn't much to it. But honestly, it's no different than the horde of FPS multi-player games flooding the market right now. COD and Halo got boring fast, because the game never really changes. Only the players do. The entire point of a game like this is to see how badass you can be, and to rub your friend's face in it. In a friendly competitive way, of course.
  96. Feb 21, 2014
    I dont know why people complain about this game, i think it is very enjoyable, fun to play with friends,and the bugs that people seem to complain about(example:cant connect servers/lobbys, vehicles like Vtols crash around, dinosaurs pop to outposts,walk trough walls and other that kind of lies. I havent met any of these so said "real bugs" in the game. I can connect the game lobbys when iI dont know why people complain about this game, i think it is very enjoyable, fun to play with friends,and the bugs that people seem to complain about(example:cant connect servers/lobbys, vehicles like Vtols crash around, dinosaurs pop to outposts,walk trough walls and other that kind of lies. I havent met any of these so said "real bugs" in the game. I can connect the game lobbys when i want, the game has crashed only 2 times for me, the dinosaurs are not phasing trough the walls, VTOLS and other vehicles work like they should. The complaining about the sounds aint true, atleast i dont have them, weapons sound just like they should( except the Revolver, but it might have intergrated silencer like WW2 STEN had). Buy this game for real, you can enjoy it, or hate it doesnt make my life different. Expand
  97. Feb 22, 2014
    Orion: Dino Horse is a nice little SF shooter. And then some more.
    You play either as a soldier from one of three classes or - in some modes - as a dino.
    You already got it: soldiers and dinos are not in the same team. Until now I did not play a lot, just enough to know, I will play more. You have a select of weapons, tools and abilities to choose from, there are human classes
    Orion: Dino Horse is a nice little SF shooter. And then some more.
    You already got it: soldiers and dinos are not in the same team.

Until now I did not play a lot, just enough to know, I will play more.
    You have a select of weapons, tools and abilities to choose from,
    there are human classes different dinos, much to do.

And if you really don't want to move through grass which is as high as you
    to be attacked by dinos and kill them with your gun or just - as assault at least -
    use your jet pack to fly to the next little hill and use the scope to kill some,
    if you REALLY don't want to do that.. then you are a lost case.
    It is so much fun.

The graphics are not top notch but really nice enough so you enjoy to look, if you have the time.

And now, sorry, I have to go and either kill some dinos, or some soldiers... depends on the auto-select.
  98. Feb 22, 2014
    First of all, the marjority of the low reviews for this title are for its predecessor 'Dino Beatdown'.
    So after buying this game for an irrisory US$1 and playing some hours of it, I made an account on metacritic just to defend this game from the injustice that is the low score it gets.
    This game is an awesome underdog. I've played some survival games before, and I'll tell you the real deal: dinos, lightsabers, lots of mechs and rambo-mode munition plus a dozen game modes are way better than repetitive maps and stupid zombies.
    This game is worth your time and money if you get it on promotion. Just try it on one of the f2p weekends and you shall see how stylish this jewel is.
    And if you check out, the game at this moment is more constantly updated than a lot of paid buggy AAA titles.

9/10 for a low-budget. Kill ancient reptiles with futuristic weapons and be happy.
  99. Feb 23, 2014
    There's a weekend sale on Steam where you can get Dino Horde for $0.99. My friends and I picked it up since we'd heard how funny it was, both because of it being buggy and just the general game play, which is pretty unique. I can definitely say with the little we've played so far that the game is definitely worth picking up on a sale like this. It's unique, fun, silly, still buggy, butThere's a weekend sale on Steam where you can get Dino Horde for $0.99. My friends and I picked it up since we'd heard how funny it was, both because of it being buggy and just the general game play, which is pretty unique. I can definitely say with the little we've played so far that the game is definitely worth picking up on a sale like this. It's unique, fun, silly, still buggy, but playable (better than DayZ at least), and a good LAN game. It reminds me a lot of the old Starship Troopers game COOP mode which we would LAN. That game was also unpolished but offered hours of laughs and good times if you can get over its buggy nature and just enjoy it. The same goes for Dino Horde. Ignore the past negative reviews, the latest release is playable and fun. Expand
  100. Feb 25, 2014
    My friend bought this game for me on steam sale at a low price of 1GBP. I went into this without first reading the reviews or looking the game up in any way and I have to say that I enjoyed the game. With its controls and game style being 'inspired' by other shooters of this kind, everything is easy to understand and already familiar. I didn't really find any bugs or anything unfavorableMy friend bought this game for me on steam sale at a low price of 1GBP. I went into this without first reading the reviews or looking the game up in any way and I have to say that I enjoyed the game. With its controls and game style being 'inspired' by other shooters of this kind, everything is easy to understand and already familiar. I didn't really find any bugs or anything unfavorable about this game. Maybe time will tell, but after playing about five hours, I do intend to go back and have some more fun with this little indie game that is currently available at a really good price.

I would also add - This game, according to the website changelog, is being constantly updated with new features and small bug fixes. You don't see this very often in this industry and its something that I think is especially positive coming from such a small low budget indie studio.
  101. Aug 24, 2013

1. May 1, 2013
    It may be fun if we play with friends for a few hours… but it may be not. There are many games fighting in the FPS genre, and it's very hard to find something worth highlighting in this one.
  2. Apr 28, 2013
    While Orion: Dino Horde has potential, it will certainly fall short of even modest expectations. If it weren't for there already being quite the track record of bad Jurassic games, I'd suggest that fighting dinosaurs has never been so dull. A shame, since it's evident that the developers put a lot of time into it... it's just too bad they didn't focus on making it fun.
  3. Apr 28, 2013
    Perhaps I shouldn’t have been surprised that ORION: Dino Horde was such a disappointment. The gaming industry has been rife with rumors about scurrilous behaviour concerning a very similar title, Dino Beatdown. ORION: Dino Horde's rough edges suggest that it has been quickly brought to market and cynically shoveled out to gamers in the vain hope that its over the top premise will bring in a few bucks.