5.8

1. May 6, 2012
    The game is buggy, but even so I enjoy it as is. The bugs being patched and all of the promised free DLC will be amazing. I am more than patient as the game only costs about 8$ less than that if you buy the 4pack.

It has room for improvement but I enjoy it as I said. Even with bugs I have figured out ways to play to the best of my ability despite tons of t-rexs coming after me (I hope
    they allow us to turn on T-Rex swarm in the patches to let us continue this) Expand
  2. Mar 16, 2013
    The next Update in this Game (Dino Horde) is actually pretty good it fixes many major Bugs so that its actually playable and its great Fun! (Dino Horde is not yet released but will be soon)
  3. Jun 6, 2013
    Metacritic score of this game prove how this site is useless. Game was bought&re-branded by 2 person game dev studio with very limited funds. They want make this game good, but they can't do it fast as people want. One of developers is really active and helpful on steam discussions and want to hear whats wrong with his game. Every update makes it better and better and they promise to improve animations and sound later on. This thing don't deserve for such a low score, c' mon people! Expand
  4. May 7, 2012
    Fun game all together, interesting abilities, tactics, use of terrain in many ways, cheap co-op you know servers need money to maintain, beautiful landscapes, nicely organized to create unique moments, nothing feels like hunting a pterodactyl like iron man (no vehicles) and then snipe him a mile away midair while you are grabbed by another and wrestle with him for your own survival. Should i mention about how i assassinated 6 raptors like an invisible hit-man with silent pistols while other 30 were chasing me and they do not die easily. While you have dump fun you have to think at the same time unlike most shooters after all who does not copy, you have to be resourceful or you are dead. It copies random ideas but it combines them in a new way to create something i never seen and its amazing. Many ways to make co-op count, with 5 people the tactics level can sky rocket now i ca do other thing that shoot heads with different weapons.
    All this with only 4.70 euro, one my best investments. I know its bugged but its a lot fun imagine what will happen when its patched today and for only 7euro (single buy), not to mention the free dlc that is coming soon. Some people are unlucky and can play at all, for some time i couldn't ass well but its a good game and once patched (today) its a must buy.
  5. May 7, 2012
    Dino Beatdown is a game that has a lot of potential for itself if done right. The game is full of bugs and glitches for what was released but I was still able to play three consecutive games last night and really enjoyed myself. The Raptors and Rham AI were spot on though the T-rex(s) could use a few adjustments. The sound would go in and out at times and most of the time the sound did not sync up with the weapons. The developers have promised to release some quick patches to smooth out their launch and also gave promise to 4 free title (dlc) updates in the future. So only time well tell what this indie developer can do for itself. Expand
  6. Apr 23, 2013
    With Dino horde update Orion has become a very enjoyable game. The game is still a bit glitchy but art is nice enough and it is extremely fun to play. Not a game worth 60 dollars, but at 15 definitely a steal.
  7. Apr 23, 2013
    I love this game so much. It is my favorite dinosaur game. They have added much more stuff in there free title updates! This is the best dinosaur game ever!
  8. Jun 21, 2013
    i say 7, and while they've worked hard to improvethe game over original dino beatdown, its still work in progress. hopefully they will continue to work on it as they have done over the past year and it will be an even greater value a year from now than it already it. if you are thinking of buying it just wait for a sale to get it. finally im giving it a 10 not because its a 10, but to offset the trolls and griefers, many that do not even own or play the game, who give it a 0-1. and while its not a 10, its not a 0! Expand
  9. Apr 16, 2013
    What is Orion Dino Horde? Orion Dino Horde is a shooter that pits a squad of carriers(Marines) against a horde of dinosaurs. As you play you can unlock 50+ weapons and equipment to help you odds of surviving. Along with that you can unlock augmentations or armor Upgrades. You can play 1st person or 3rd, your choice. Tired of fighting dinos? Well then try some of the various PvP games. These games include NinjaCappers, a match where everyone has cloaking devices and are equip with deadly sniper rifles and knives. Don't like ninjas? Then try DudeHuge, a King of the Hill match where players have mini-guns, flamethrowers, and other deadly weapons to keep the action strong. Flying more your style? Then its time to play Rocketeer. Rocketeer is a match where everyone has a jet pack and deadly rocket launchers. There is 9 unique dinosaur AI, and it all takes place in a graphically stunning environment. Expand
  10. Aug 21, 2013
    I have no idea how bad the previous version of this game was (Orion: Dino BEATDOWN), but the game as it currently stands, is rather fun and addicting (besides the occasionally crashes which are annoying.).

And because of all the false negativity around here, I am going to have to rate it 10, but otherwise I would of rated it 8 or 7.
  11. Aug 22, 2013
    O jogo divertido e dinâmico. Com as atualizações ele não apresenta mais problemas como outras pessoas relataram. Recomendo dar uma chance ao jogo e chamar os amigos, testar todos os modos. Mesmo lendo opiniões negativas do game, jogue e tire sua própria opinião, não se deixe influenciar.
  12. Aug 11, 2012
    have seen some reviews for this game, and everyone are calling this game: "the game with potential", and it's true, it has a lot of potential and the game is actually quite fun once you get the hang of it.
    The game has bugs in an amount of a Big Rigs: Over the Roads Racing! copy but **** is it fun with friends! If you have a few friends to play this with you DO IT! You will definitely NOT
    regret it.
    Playing it solo though is almost impossible because you will mostly die since you get killed in like 3-4 hits on Normal difficulty and like I said before it has bugs.
    Personally, I think that the game is worth $9.99 and nothing more than that so the price is quite fair.
  13. Aug 9, 2013
    I give full 10 scores because it´s so much fun!! The game comes with an good idea. After the new update there are some new interesting gameplay mods. This Game will be a new experience for you. BUY IT!!!
  14. Aug 19, 2013
    Ok, So sure, this game isn't going to win awards for any new ideas, or for having broken ground with unique graphics, however i find the teamwork game play engaging, the enemies are interesting and quite well detailed for such a cheap game, and the points system required for weapons and upgrades gives you a greater sense of achievement. I experienced the buggy lag and broken game play the first time i played, then instantly realised i hadn't downloaded the recent patch which immediately fixed every issue i had, so far no bugs, runs fine, having a blast. Expand
  15. maw
    Aug 20, 2013
    This is not as bad as everyone is making it out to be! Yes there are issues with the game, but one thing people are right about is its just like killing floor with Dinos. I don't think $15 is worth this game but if you get a steam sale for $3 then why not. Flying around on a jetpack shooting at a T-rex is pretty fun, not to mention blowing dinos heads off!! I do hope the developers do some more work on this game and fix the bugs and make some of the animations better, this game has huge potential! Expand
  16. Aug 26, 2013
    August 26, 2013 Orion: Dino Horde by Spiral Game Studios 10/10. May 4, 2013 Orion: Dino Horde 3/10. The game was an atrocious mess by inexperienced developers. However, their game premise and chemistry had promise. The developers stuck with their first game. 14 months after the game's initial release, I played Orion. I love the game. I will probably put more hours into this game than I typically do with AAA games. It has the chemistry for replayability.

Summary: Orion: Dino Horde essentially resembles Killing Floor by Tripwire Interactive, but with dinosaurs (plus sci-fi spin). Its a fun play and will get better as time goes on. Spiral Games has a lot of potential as a developer and with their first released game.
  17. Feb 25, 2014
    This game is not a 10. It's a solid 8 and climbing. Somebody has to balance out the horrible reviews from the week it was released. I'm judging it based on the one factor that matters: is it fun? Yes, it absofrigginlutely is fun.
  18. Feb 25, 2014
    This game made me realize for the first time that judging a game based on Critic reviews, is a big, big mistake. This game is freaking awesome, period. You can be 3 classes, Recon, Support, and Assault, each unique in their own way, and each progressing in level. Each level brings new perks for your character. The developers have been definitely been working hard on this and the proof is in the pudding. Just think of Halo, mixed with Battlefield and Turok. When Orion:Prelude comes out, all other games beware... Expand
  19. Feb 26, 2014
    So...I just bought it for 0,99 Euros which is a fair price, and seems to be a pretty good game, definitively worth the price!!! (0,99 EUROS do not confuse, it was on a -91% sale )
  20. Feb 26, 2014
    This is a god games
    other say "BAD GAME , Or Graphics its bad"
    i Play 7 hours..

Dinosaur 10/10
    Game Modes 11/10
    Maps 8.5/10
  21. May 8, 2012
    Release day bugs? Absolutely. However, the communication and effort from the developers since the launch has been nothing short of amazing. The developers have taken responsibility for the current issues and have done nothing but offer fixes, literally hourly updates, and many incentives for current purchasers as an apology for the launch issues.

Unlike a number of individuals, I have
    been able to play online and solo and the online play has been an absolute blast. Sure, there's elements that deserve more polish, specifically AI, difficulty tuning, weapon scope remodels, and much more, but the patches are coming and I'm more than content to wait. Expand
  22. Aug 23, 2013
    This is the most fantastic game I've ever played. It took the base game of its predecessor, ORION: Dino Beatdown, and revamped it into something completely new and better. I think it deserves an award for Game of the Decade. Possibly Best Game Ever.
  23. Feb 27, 2014
    Let me make one point clear : ever since the 93% off sale,people have gotten to experience the game again and if you check all the new user reviews are quite good, I think they should calculate again it's meta score, right now it is a completely different game from what it was 2 years ago.
  24. Apr 11, 2013
    The game was pretty much "unfinished" and not fun to play but the concept was good imo(i would give 3 or 4 for the original game). now here is why i would give it a solid 9: There is upcoming patch very soon which will Fix most of the major and the minor bugs, they added more content and game modes, fixed multiplayer and made the game more balanced than it used to be. I tested the beta and got addicted, optimization needs little tweaking but the experience was good, I had fun playing it. "The game will be called "Orion: Dino horde" Expand
  25. Feb 22, 2014
    It is good game. May be on initial stage of the existence of the game it was not so good, But now...
    Now i like this game.
    New maps, i can't see bugs and lags, Nice dinos)
  26. Aug 23, 2013
    I do not know why everybody is complaining. This multiplayer of this game is hours of fun! The game was crashing at first, but all I had to do was RESTART after installing; something I should have done in the first place. At full graphics settings, it looks pretty good. There are enough weapons and augments to keep it interesting for a long time. Server game system works well too.

For
    $4, a game where you have the same abilities as a HALO Spartan(property of 343) in the gameplay of Team Fortress 2 is a good deal

My only complaint is that the physics can be weird when a dinosaur hits you, and I wouldn't pay $11 for it, grabbing it during a steam sale is a good option.

i've got ivy i5 4GHz, 8GB RAM, 2x GTX 460
  27. Aug 30, 2013
    At first, reading all the stupid reviews by people who barely played this game, i tought this game would suck, but i gave it a try, and i was surprised, in a good way. Many people talk trash, simply because they don't give the game a full review, Reading down below i see a very bad review, talking trash, because the vehicle controls are with mouse? If he had actually looked in the controls he would have noticed you can change that, another person claiming it crashes randomly and cannot connect to servers, that's a problem with your internet, as i run it totally fine! As i said before, i gave this game a look, with big googley, surprised eyes, this is a very good game for me. Had no problems after playing it for more than 40 hours. Expand
  28. Sep 21, 2013
    A bit buggy, but All in All the Game is VERY fun! Just make sure you play with Friends or use Dedicated Servers as some players tend to "Rage Quit" ruining the fun for you and the others.

On a side note: a lot of those negative reviews are based on Orion: Dino Beatdown this game is built on it, but TOTALLY new
  29. Oct 25, 2013
    Its not Dino beatdown anymore, its Dino Horde! Very fun with friends in coop, good graphics, best music ever! Tons of weapons and upgrades, and billion of dinosaurs! You can use also vehicles, tanks, choppers, and mechs! And its not buggy anymore! And all updates and DLC's are free! Thanks for the game devs!
  30. Nov 7, 2013
    Hello dear gamers, I bought this game in August, it was already changed to Orion Dino Horde. So I can't say anything about the previous game. I don't understand the people who give this awesome game a zero...? no one deserves that !!

I want to tell you about a few things I really like about this game.
    - You have allot of different game modes, fighting against each other (free for all,
    king of the hill, gun game, but also in team-play like team elimination), survival (playing with 4 other players) with 6 level with difficulty. There are playable vehicles with nice guns and a lot of other funny game modes (slaughter, rampage, 1v1 dual).
    - There are a lot of different maps with their own world dino, that makes it more dynamic!
    - In the game you get credits by killing dinos, reviving team-mates, restoring the generator or capturing the different objectives. With these credits you can buy many different upgrades, and you can buy a lot of different guns.
    -You can also choose between 3 different characters, every round there is the possibility to change between them. They have their own tech-tree and specialty. It makes the game very dynamic and hold you interested.
    - We had a few free updates, with more maps, better graphics, bug fixes and more! like the spook-tacular event with a new boss fight, Halloween style, awesome!! There will be more free updates with new content, I am very excited about that.
    - The game has a very extensive statistics about almost everything you achieve during the game, it's very nice for number/stats geeks like myself :P.
    - You can customize your characters with different hats, armor, capes and funny taunts. You can win a lot of them during special occasion or by getting more achievements.

There are more things to discover! So check the game and enjoy the dino era!

There are a few minor bugs, but its a indie game and the developers are ready and willing to optimize the game, so everyone can enjoy it.

I really hope that metacritic will revise the score it gave the previous game Dino Beatdown, and give our fellow gamers a real score and the developers the respect they deserve. I am very proud of the developer on that what they made so far.

Your sincerely, Dragittarius
  31. Nov 8, 2013
    Besides from a few small technical issues that occasionally pop up, this game has evolved dramatically over the past year and a half from it's buggy and disappointing launch back in 2012 that most of the users here are referring to. Since then, the game has had a huge influx of new content on a regular basis that has improved not only the graphics and performance, but the overall gameplay experience. Orion: Dino Horde, in it's current form, is one of the best co-operative games to play with your friends around. I strongly recommend you try this game at the next f2p session that is offered. And for those that previously bought the game, try out the new version, it's way better then what you were expecting the game to be like when you first saw it back in 2012. This game deserves a second chance from both users and game reviewers alike. Expand
  32. Dec 5, 2013
    This game is the funniest game I've ever played. Metacritics must re-make a detailed rating, because this game is not Dino Beatdown, this is Orion: Dino Horde!
    Extremely funny, immersive, spectacuar, the graphic is amazing (ok ok, it's not Crysis 3 but it has a very good graphic for an indie game made by a little company). This product is a very complete game, more than 30 playable
    maps, 50+ weapons, 10+ awsome game modes (including coop, competitive, PvP, team coop and team PvP), badass vehicles, 10 awsome ferocious dinosaur species and more. Free massive DLCs are making this project one of the best multiplayer indie dinosaur sci-fi shooter ever made. My rating is 1010, but the metacritics rate MUST be at least 8010. Collapse
  33. Feb 20, 2014
    I give this a 10 because this game is one of the few dinosaur survival games. Turok was like this but with more story and less multiplayer. This game deserves a higher metascore because the game has bugs yes but Spiral Fixes these problems very quickly. The game has RPG element, a FPS element, Character progression, and survival, Also adding to this the old games that weren't even games they were mods for half-life. The game is indie now and has a HUGE fan-base. The game is Awesome and I recommend you get this game right away. Expand
  34. Feb 21, 2014
    This game is so awesome i love to plat it with my friends, it gets better by the update and love to play it !
    sometimes it is laggy but that's not really a problem that can be easly solved :)
  35. Feb 21, 2014
    I dont know why people complain about this game, i think it is very enjoyable, fun to play with friends,and the bugs that people seem to complain about(example:cant connect servers/lobbys, vehicles like Vtols crash around, dinosaurs pop to outposts,walk trough walls and other that kind of lies. I havent met any of these so said "real bugs" in the game. I can connect the game lobbys when i want, the game has crashed only 2 times for me, the dinosaurs are not phasing trough the walls, VTOLS and other vehicles work like they should. The complaining about the sounds aint true, atleast i dont have them, weapons sound just like they should( except the Revolver, but it might have intergrated silencer like WW2 STEN had). Buy this game for real, you can enjoy it, or hate it doesnt make my life different. Expand
  36. Feb 22, 2014
    First of all, the marjority of the low reviews for this title are for its predecessor 'Dino Beatdown'.
    So after buying this game for an irrisory US$1 and playing some hours of it, I made an account on metacritic just to defend this game from the injustice that is the low score it gets.
    This game is an awesome underdog. I've played some survival games before, and I'll tell you the real
    deal: dinos, lightsabers, lots of mechs and rambo-mode munition plus a dozen game modes are way better than repetitive maps and stupid zombies.
    This game is worth your time and money if you get it on promotion. Just try it on one of the f2p weekends and you shall see how stylish this jewel is.
    And if you check out, the game at this moment is more constantly updated than a lot of paid buggy AAA titles.

9/10 for a low-budget. Kill ancient reptiles with futuristic weapons and be happy.
  37. Feb 24, 2014
    Purchased while on sale for $0.99, watching the game play videos I assumed this game would be a lag nightmare or somehow not live up to any decent expectations. It proved to be the best gaming purchase I have made in years. Even for 20x what I paid this game would be worth it, as the key to any good game it is very fun!
  38. Feb 26, 2014
  39. Feb 26, 2014
    The game I feel is underrated and it's developers have been keeping to their promises and are still developing it with community ideas with support from people. This game is unique and better than most 60.00$ games I have bought and have been disappointed in and let down. This is only my opinion, judge however you feel about it.
  40. Feb 27, 2014
    The game is really good a great job was done by the developers:
    The lighting the gameplay the graphics all done amazingly Metacritic, do a real review. This is Dino Beatdown, NOT Dino Horde that is actually a good game. You have misled many people away from a great game and should be ashamed,
  41. Feb 28, 2014
    Guess it used to be buggy, but I just got it and it plays perfectly. Great co-op at a price great price, so I can convince my friends to get it too. Great selection of weapons, vehicles, and player upgrades.
  42. Feb 28, 2014
    I see no reason why people are complaining so much about this game. I got it during the 93% off sale, this weekend, and I found ab-so-lute-ly nothing wrong with this game. I have found next to zero glitches, and the only glitch I HAVE found was being slammed into a rock by a T-Rex, and depositing me and my 2 buddies INSIDE the rock. This was easily fixed by using the Teleporter (Item that can be selected by '5') and teleporting back to base, only delaying us for 2 minutes, max.

When I started the game, and started off in a Survival match, solo, I found literally nothing wrong. I grabbed a shotgun, and ran over to protect the generator. First wave? No flying dinosaurs, no bad physics. In fact, I could say that this is one of the better-detailed games. I have yet to find a game like this one with graphics and models as good as this one.

Now I do have to agree that there are a few flaws and quirks. For example, I have to agree that it does seem a bit Halo-ish in the vehicle department. The Gladiator Buggy, the VTOL and the tank all share some kind of aspect to the Halo vehicles. While I have to say they are similar, it may be nothing more than inspiration. While the Gladiator Buggy is very similar to the Warthog, it's different in several ways too. The Warthog was longer, and narrower, with an anti-air heavy MG in the back, while the Gladiator has a windowless driver/passenger area, with a more squarish shape, and an energy chaingun. If you were to put the vehicles in basic shapes, and make the Warthog more compressed, and the Gladiator narrower, then yes, they bare a large resemblance.

However, I have seen review after review hating on Orion: Dino Horde where the entire theme is: IT SUCKS. If this is true, then why is it that I got on, and found that the developers' descriptions were nothing but true. It had great gameplay, great graphics, great models, great game mechanics, etc.

So if it sucks for you, then I don't know what's wrong with your computer, because I don't have the best computer, and it's running fine for me.
  43. Feb 24, 2014
    Look at the dates of a lot of these reviews...the team is STILL patching this game, with another major game patch coming soon. Gotta give em credit for still plugging away at it.
  44. Feb 24, 2014
    I do not know how anyone could rate this lower than 8/10, My friends and I giggle so much while playing it late into the evening.. I give it two thumbs WWAAYY up!
  45. Feb 24, 2014
    Put it a little higher than i normally would to counteract the obsolete "its buggy/ not working reviews" Great game well worth the 1$ during the sale and possibly even the full price All the claims about buggyness are obsolete, dont listen to them Great multiplayer and dinoshooting action. How did a futuristic civilization end up on a planet with dinosaurs? Why are herbivore dinosaurs attacking you?
    Is that the medic gun from team fortress 2?
    Stop overthinking the game, with great action who needs plot.
  46. Jan 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. the game looks great and they will be adding more dinosaurs to play as and fight. The best part is are the maps they are huge and the game has many different game types Expand
  47. Feb 25, 2014
    I didn't play Orion: Beatdown so i don't know how bad it was but Horde doesn't deserve the hate it is getting. It is a preety good enjoyable game. I admit there are a few bugs like how i got stuck in a bunker once or how i couldn't buy weapons because it showed i had already purchased them but i think it deserves a second chance. Don't look at outdated reviews, it is very much playable now!
  48. Feb 27, 2014
    Contrary to most reviews, I thoroughly enjoy this game.
    Community was good to a new player, easy to pick up on.
    Great to play both Solo and multiplayer
  49. Feb 27, 2014
    Good game,but not best game.
    I like this games grapics,good sounds good music.
    But I can see something error and bad motions.

Grapics 8/10
    Sounds 9/10
    Music 10/10 (LOl)
    game mods 7/10
    Map design 9/10
    Class design 8/10
  50. Mar 1, 2014
    While this game could be better, especially in graphics, it definitely could be worse as well. And I think it definitely has potential, it just needs some work.
  51. Mar 1, 2014
    The most underrated game ever.I'd say it should be in top 10 co-op games list.The developer support is amazing; gameplay improves every other day and this game is damn amazing.
  52. Mar 1, 2014
    One of the best games i own, still beats playing games that haven't done anything in years, i love the classes, the dinosaurs and the support i've received from the games staff when i' ve had problems. i haven't had this much fun fighting dinosaurs since back in turok's days on ps2
  53. Mar 1, 2014
    I'm not gonna give a full review because I rather play it but still have to spread the word this game rocks. Better than cod ghosts IMO.

Each round starts like counter strike to buy weapons. Solid Controls. Plays like halo ce pc. Vehicles like halo ce pc. Wave after wave of dinosaurs and gets increasingly harder.

And in the first hour of game play I killed a trex with a warthog
    mounted turret.grenadedd a pack of compys. Got picked up by a pteradactly while driving! Flew in my jetpack hovering while killing a stegosaurus.

Zombies are over rated and watered down. Long live the dinosaur!
  54. Mar 28, 2014
    In order to save the future you must liberate the past. This is your mission in Orion: Dino Horde. You’ll have three different character classes to choose from as you venture into the prehistoric eras where Tzion reigned supreme. The first class, the Assault class, can take the heavens and descend with lighting like speed upon the lesser creatures below. The second class, support, is heavily clad in sophisticated armor and can bring aid to his fellow righteous crusaders. The third class, recon, is designed with stealth and sabotage in mind and can sneak past the large and powerful noses of your enemies. There are several game types, each pitting you against the lesser creatures or fellow players. The bulk of the mission requires you to use the good doctor’s technology to reclaim the past so that you may thrive in the future. In order to complete your task of re-writing history and saving your people you must keep a generator alive long enough for it to completely erase the DNA of the lesser creatures. Of course your enemy is sly and mischievous like a rat, and will almost immediately sense your presence. Therefore you will need to band together with your fellow crusaders to fend off the swarms of the lesser creatures. Each wave of your enemy will be even craftier than the last, and you must be vigilant to avoid their treachery. If you can avoid their taint for long enough, your forces then march across their territory in a glorious fashion and claim one of their cities for your own. Once you have accomplished this task you will receive armored and air support to rain down your masterful orchestra of purification. The devilish creatures won’t rest easy though and soon they will send their most powerful mixed breeds against you. If you hold true to the glorious empire, and to your stalwart brothers beside you, then you will emerge victorious and will have cleansed the future of the unclean. Along the way you will be able to steal money from the fallen vermin to upgrade the supplies of our righteous army. Thanks to the good doctor’s extensive experimentation a wide array of weapons and augments will become available to you as you prove your worth as protectors of the progeny. Overall, Orion: Dino Horde is a great game that highlights a pivotal point in human history in which the brave few stood against the impure many and saved civilization as we know it. In addition to the primary game mode, you can also engage in versus matches to ensure you are properly prepared for the great pushes to the east and west. I strongly recommend playing this game, your legacy may depend on it. Expand
  55. Mar 12, 2014
    I've played a lot of PC games in all my years and this is definitely one of the most fun games I've experienced. This will not win an award for most-amazing graphics compared to the likes of BF4 and the new GTA game but they pretty damn nice as is. Doesn't have an amazing storyline/campaign either. So why the 10? It's just so much fun is why. That should tell you something that even without the best eye-candy nor riveting story, I still rate it 10/10 as something I will waste spare time on, and love doing it!

You choose a class, start earning XP and unlocking powers and weapons; maybe you will get a jetpack and fly around, maybe get sneaky with a cloaking field. Like to play support classes? Upgrade your medic gun to not only heal yourself/allies, but also fix damaged vehicles, and even hurt the enemies. Go tearing through a horde of assaulting dinos in a Mech or a Tank. Whoops! Suddenly a hurricane hits and it's the middle of the night. Cannot see !@#$. You are fending off smaller dinos packs that you can only see close up through all the torrential rain, and somewhere in the distance you see the light beams of your allies and one of their jeeps as they also try to defend the objective in the darkness. You hear a spine-tingling rumble/grunt nearby. The ground shakes. You look up and with that motion swing your flashlight up at the close-up face of a T-Rex a few feet away from you (way too close). The fun is about to start! Hehe I love this damn game :)
  56. Mar 11, 2014
    First of all, take note that the majority of the negative reviews here are from 2012. This game is A-M-A-ZING!! Metacritic is doing the community an injustice by not revisiting it for review.
    Admittedly, the game is not perfect. Its graphics are not comparable to Battlefield 4 or the like, but they are not horrid (I highly suggest using the recommended system requirements, as using the
    minimum system requirements will leave you disappointed with any game).
    Bottom line: if you come into this game prepared, you will not be disappointed! One of the best hidden gems out there right now!
  57. Mar 3, 2014
    been playing the game and I am having a lot fun with it, I hope the DEVS make new updates as they said so we can keeping playing it, for the price I paid for it I can say was worth, better than buy some Day Z that we can note set a private server with password for PVE only...
  58. Jun 17, 2014
    I think the entire community is misleading about this game. It's obviously buggy, the game was released not to long ago. Sure that one little rock isn't a good texture, but if you look at the gameplay it's pretty fun. I think you guys are a little sensitive when it comes to games..
  59. Mar 2, 2014
    This is a very good game. I bought it on sale for .99 and was worried when I saw the score this site gave it. But i am amazed by the game, which I have been told is completely different then when it was first reviewed. It has good animations, graphics and game play. A very fun survival game for your and your friends. Reminds me of L4D2 and Payday 2 but with dinos, credits to purchase weapons and power ups and vehicles. Can be a little buggy but they are still working on it. Expand
  60. Mar 2, 2014
    There is no game that I can think of that the official Metacritic score does not do it justice, except for this game. Granted Orion: Dino Beatdown was probably a horrible game, deserving of the score of 36, but this is a new game. There have been so many updates that it isn't even the same game. It is a great FPS and an awesome co-op experience.

Metacritic should really reevaluate this
    games score. Expand
  61. Mar 4, 2014
    Great Game, i think the last update fixed a lot of stuff. Im a veteran player, it is not perfect, buy pretty addictive if you play it with some friends. I think it is excessively underrated. (Excuse my english)
  62. Mar 5, 2014
    Oh what a mess. Looking through this game's history is quite the nightmare, and makes me glad I have nothing to do with Spiral's PR team (if one even exists). I think the most important thing for anyone looking at this game to note is that it is not at all what it used to be. Over the past couple of years this game has been nurtured and cared for with an obvious love and dedication that I don't often see these days from developers. While the original ORION: Dino Beatdown was a buggy mess, Dino Horde has grown out of that messy goo into something I think plenty of people will enjoy for hours on end.

I recently acquired this game while it was on sale for ~$1.00 thinking I would have a good time playing it with my friends, not expecting a whole lot based on steam reviews and such. My goodness was I pleasantly surprised.

The first thing that grabbed my attention when I loaded up the game was the depth of the options menu. The sheer amount of UI customization and graphical tweaking available is phenomenal. And they scored major points for me for allowing me to turn off bloom and motion blur. However I will note that I have not yet found a way to change the controller look sensitivity, which is quite the downside if you prefer to play this with a controller, and stands in stark contrast to the quality of the rest of the options menu.

After tweaking controls and graphics options to my heart’s content, my friend and I jumped into a game of survival. Honestly, this is where I think the game suffers the most. We had absolutely no idea what we were doing, and there is very little help to be found online in the forms of wikis or guides. What we did know, was to follow the on screen prompts to turn on our generator. After we managed that, enough help popped up to lead us back to our base to buy weapons and augments (purchasable buffs that last until you die). With the starting money we grabbed a few SMGs and headed outside to kill us some dinos. Once they finally spawned we started frantically murderizing every giant reptile in sight, and they in turn began chewing on our faces. Seems dinosaurs don't appreciate bullets being hurled at them. We quickly discovered that setting the difficulty to medium for your first go might not be the best idea, and we were promptly turned into dino-chow. So we went back to the lobby, turned the difficulty down to easy and tried again. This time we were able to hold our own against the horde of angry reptiles bent on human consumption. Well, at least until wave 7.

After we finished playing a few games of survival I found that I craved more, and dino horde was happy to oblige, allowing for an "open world" mode they dubbed conquest. In this game mode you can choose from one of two huge maps to play on. One in the arctic and one in the recently added plains. When you load this mode up you are presented with a vehicle or two for traversing the world, and a couple generators you can head towards. When you go to one of the generators and turn it on, you begin a very similar wave driven experience as survival mode, however, if you manage to last the ten waves and secure that outpost, you are rewarded with a load of cash, and the opportunity to go work on securing another outpost. I will admit that I do not know what happens if you secure more than one outpost (I saw three, but didn't have the time to play 30+ rounds).

The biggest thing that stands out to me about this game is the fact that the more I play it, the more I discover about it and enjoy it. I have only played two of the twelve (yes, twelve) game modes and already I feel that this game is worth the money they are asking for it. Admittedly it has its share of issues such as no FoV slider, a lack of pertinent help documentation (took us forever to find out how to get more ammo) and a slightly overwhelming number of game modes that have no description. However, even with these things in mind, nothing beats the thrill of fighting a horde of raptors, a t-rex, a stegosaurus, two triceratops, and a deinosuchus all at once in the middle of a rainy night while trying to capture an outpost. I felt like a kid again, and there are so few games these days that give me that thrill and excitement. Definitely give this game a try.
  63. Mar 6, 2014
    If you are gonna check the reviews and even the game description, it was intended for a game some 2 years ago namely: "DINO HORDE: BEAT DOWN" and not the game w/c we are playing right now. Orion:Dino Horde as greatly improved compared to it's former. The game play and glitches that haunted most players before are now bearable and surprisingly, the game is highly enjoyable now. Before i would give it a 2-3 score but now, for sheer enjoyment alone, i gave it 10. My gawd, you get to kill Dino's in a futuristic Jurassic park style! What more can you ask?

A MUST GAME! for all of you dino lovers there.
  64. Mar 8, 2014
    People who don't like this game now probably also hate having fun. This game is a fantastic package of stupid fun. You can punch a T-Rex straight in the face.
  65. Mar 9, 2014
    This game proves why critic scores are pretty much useless for judging the value of a game. Play as dino or man, hunter or hunter. Eat or shoot your prey. Drive your friends off a cliff. Eat raptors for health.

Buy this and play it with your mates. Solo is fun but co-op is insanely fun.
  66. Mar 13, 2014
    One of the best FPS games i've ever played... don't believe older critics... a lot has been changed since older critics... you really should buy it !!
  67. Mar 17, 2014
    I love this game, and have even bough several of my friends copies, and we have put in countless hours of fun into this gem.
    I have heard lots of "how it was before it was updated" but I assure you, Dino Horde is a whole new game packed with fun and challenge.
    Even now, the devs are working hard to keep a good experience coming. It's time to reward their hard work and dedication; get the
    game. You won't regret it. Expand
  68. Mar 21, 2014
    Ich habe mir dieses Spiel gekauft als es unter 1 Euro war, ich dachte mir: hmm ... wenn es so billig ist dann kauf es doch mal und probier es aus. Und ich muss sagen, es gefällt mir sehr. Es hat zwar viele Buggs aber trotzdem macht es spass und die Entwickler arbeiten noch daran, nicht so wie bei anderen Spielen die mancham niemals aus der Beta rauskommen. Ich hätte auch gerne mehr als 1 Euro dafür bezahlt. Expand
  69. Apr 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This Game is the bested dinosaur Game ever created the Gameplay is great Class are great Weapons are just good Graphics are bad so it needs improvements but i highly Recommend it to all jurassic park Fans! Expand
  70. Jun 19, 2014
    Half the reviews on here are aggregated from it's predecessor, which by all means sounded very rough around the edges. This game has reasonably pretty graphics, will run on just about any PC and is insanely fun. Join up to 5 man squads in survival style modes, killing waves of dinosaurs and keeping your generator alive. There are also team deathmatch modes as well as your usual assortment. There is good variety in the game modes, the devs are constantly updating and it's oare much because you're being bombarded by Rham's or escaping the jaws of a waiting T-Rex. Excellent team game, has some pacing issues and ymmv with the game modes. All over an excellent purchase and highly recommended. Expand
  71. Jun 23, 2014
    This is a fantastic pick-up and play game. The developers have been fixing the bugs, and it becomes more and more enjoyable with each patch. An incredibly fun game, with obscenely misguided reviews
  72. Jun 25, 2014
    At first, i was very excited with this game, i love survival, and with dinosaurs?? WHOA! But the game lacks some things. The game it self is a little buggy, its based on Unreal Engine 2, the graphics are good sometimes and bad others.... BUT, still, i found this game very fun and im playing it more than other "great" high rated games.... Very fun coop.... If you find laggy, open your own server, i did it here and a lot of players entered with good connection... Expand
  73. May 2, 2014
    I play this game all the time with friends and it's always a blast! It's fun when the 5 of us are all on a vehicle just shooting down dinosaurs and running them over.
  74. May 25, 2014
    The huge updates this game has received has turned it from something awful (and having read the back story as to why, It is fully understandable), in to something addictive, remarkable and well worth the money you spend on it.

It is pure simple unadulterated fun. Dinosaurs are awesome, horde is awesome. This is great combination in a game, plus it is about to receive yet another total
    overhaul in to Dino prelude (the original vision the developer intended).

Ignore the meta score, that is bad press from older versions of this game. This is well worth a go! :)
  75. Jun 7, 2014
    Dino Beatdown Sucked But The Devs Worked Theyre Butts Off To Turn This Into A Great Game Sure There Still Are Some Glitches But Theyre Minor Theyve Turned A Horrible Game Into An Addicting And Fun Game
  76. Jun 7, 2014
    I just played the game during the free weekend and ended up buying it for 99 cents. It was definitely worth picking up especially for the low price. The gameplay was good, the graphics werent bad and I had fun.
  77. Jun 10, 2014
    ok to all these idiots sayin "oh its bad dont buy it" its a new game just released still kinda in testin as all mmorpgs are it has it bus and things to fix and work on in time they get betteryou dont like it dont play it thats just how new games are when released its a overall good game yes fun room for improvment as any online game can be and not just online hell even some single player games like kotor had issues but they turned out pretty damn good still thats the point of people playin these games so the admins and gms and devs can find these bugs and such and fixs it to improve the gameplay Expand
  78. Jun 19, 2014
    This game is hilariously fun with a group of friends. Playing on survival mode and blasting wave after wave of dinosaurs is pure gold. Ignore any older reviews (2012, 2013), they are for a different (and much crappier) version of this game. This new version is much improved, with a ton of game modes and weapon upgrades. The graphics and UI are still a bit rough around the edges, but the gameplay more than make up for it. Expand
  79. Jun 28, 2014
    The game is not half bad. There are some bugs but for the most part I felt it was a quite enjoyable experience, but this is only my opinion and if someone else feels differently that's fine
  80. Jul 11, 2014
    I don't get why the downvotes.

Game is really fun when played or not with friends, runs stable on my computer and i see myself playing this game more than other games.

I mean, i only play 2h/day and i stopped playing watchdogs/eso/ Other amazing gamesm to enjoy This game.

You all should give a try. really engaging game.
  81. Aug 24, 2014
    This game is so poorly thrown together, it has reached the peak of entertainment. I guarantee this game will bring you hours, of laughing, crying, fear, melancholy, and so many more emotions, that you simply wont be able to contain your bodily fluids. With the next gen physics, allowing incredible feats of vehicular proportions that would terrify the very soul of Evil Kenevil, including being in a vehicle that totally isn't a Warthog from Halo, and having it be headbutted by a tyrannosaurus rex, making it soar so high, even Everest looks like a mere pile of mashed potatoes. If that hasn't stimulated your taste buds for adventure, don't forget the air vehicles, which cost so much and are destroyed so easily by the pterodactyls that swarm you like you're a naked man covered in pollen in a bee sanctuary. You may even start to envy that man after playing this work of modern art. And who could even forget the animations in this brilliant thing, having been rigorously acted out in motion capture for hours on end by only the best actors money can bribe, just to add to the immersion and depth this game has submerged you in. I challenge any of you to construct a game even near this caliber of quality and ingenuity, and even dare you to call it a game, as this masterpiece has already exceeded my expectations, and has surpassed even needing a physical form, existing in a non-physical way for all of eternity, just as a god, mathematics, or green tea would. I implore you, nay, I demand all of you to pick this brilliant construct up as soon as humanly possible, as your very existence is nothing without it. Expand
  82. Aug 30, 2014
    This game is not AAA quality. It being sold for fifteen dollars WAS unreasonable when it was in it's Horde and Beatdown days. However, now that the newest update has come out and the price has been updated to match critic reviews and player feedback, this game is a steal. Updates have come out frequently enough to show that the dev is truly invested in the quality of the game, and that he has been taking the (in some cases unreasonable) feedback and criticism in stride. Orion: Prelude is a lot of fun, and worth more than the 0.99c that it's currently being sold for. Expand
  83. Dec 5, 2013

1. May 1, 2013
    It may be fun if we play with friends for a few hours… but it may be not. There are many games fighting in the FPS genre, and it's very hard to find something worth highlighting in this one.
  2. Apr 28, 2013
    While Orion: Dino Horde has potential, it will certainly fall short of even modest expectations. If it weren't for there already being quite the track record of bad Jurassic games, I'd suggest that fighting dinosaurs has never been so dull. A shame, since it's evident that the developers put a lot of time into it... it's just too bad they didn't focus on making it fun.
  3. Apr 28, 2013
    Perhaps I shouldn’t have been surprised that ORION: Dino Horde was such a disappointment. The gaming industry has been rife with rumors about scurrilous behaviour concerning a very similar title, Dino Beatdown. ORION: Dino Horde's rough edges suggest that it has been quickly brought to market and cynically shoveled out to gamers in the vain hope that its over the top premise will bring in a few bucks.