7.2

1. RomanS
    Jun 25, 2009
    This game didn't deliver what it promised. I could forgive bad graphics, but puzzles were not challenging (even for my low standards) and one not logical (last password). The story would be OK, and I played the game to find out what happened with patients, but in the end it left out few holes and rather optimistic finish of the game wasn't IMO logical nor promising (I would bet This game didn't deliver what it promised. I could forgive bad graphics, but puzzles were not challenging (even for my low standards) and one not logical (last password). The story would be OK, and I played the game to find out what happened with patients, but in the end it left out few holes and rather optimistic finish of the game wasn't IMO logical nor promising (I would bet the protagonist wouldn't live too long with all his knowledge). Additionally story of the main protagonist was badly shown. The only up-point was the atmosphere witch got pretty tense with sense of emergence at the finish. Expand

The haunting main theme (especially if it's dark and you're overtired) and gloom of rainy New York adds an appropriate layer of anxiety to the experience, which is short enough to play in a single weekend day sitting if you're really on the edge of your seat.
  2. The plot is clever but the game seems to miss the mark when it comes to production value, I think with some better dialogue and voice work we may have had a sleeper hit.
  3. Without giving anything away, I’ll just say that it was quite underwhelming. In all fairness, Overclocked is a decent adventure game with a unique premise that’s worth a look if you’re a fan of adventure games. Just don’t expect too much.