Overlord PC

8.1

1. Jan 7, 2012
    The story idea was great. The controls were horrible. lack of a map made trying to find my way around far more time consuming then necessary. I got to the next to last boss and quit.
  2. Heavy
    Jul 5, 2007
    The controls for the PC version in not good at all they feel rushed and clumsy. Further more the game suffer from lack of mature content. I understand that I'm probably not in the targeted demographic for this game but a little more "raw"ness is desperately needed. There is one quest that is "Find a misstress for your tower". Well this is of course a special female not one you can The controls for the PC version in not good at all they feel rushed and clumsy. Further more the game suffer from lack of mature content. I understand that I'm probably not in the targeted demographic for this game but a little more "raw"ness is desperately needed. There is one quest that is "Find a misstress for your tower". Well this is of course a special female not one you can abduct in town (Real evil) but a rather plane looking lady you rescue by fetching her bags. And she don't look at all like the kind of evil mistress i wold like. I want wings and horns and leather and whips. Iäm supposed to be EVIL!. This is only one example where the have toned down the game to get a ESRB Rating teen. Expand
  3. Jul 21, 2013
    Easily one of the worst games I've ever played for PC the controls are shonky and terrible often leaving you screaming at the screen because the "minions" are almost totally uncontrollable, the gameplay is incredibly unbalanced and coupled with the hideous control system often leaves me just quitting in rage.
    The truly disgusting thing about this game, the reason I call it "one of the
    The truly disgusting thing about this game, the reason I call it "one of the worst", is because it has such huge potential. The start is actually quiet good and almost makes you think they're about to do something never before tried in Strategy/role playing games. Alas, stupid design decisions and poor programming make this a sorry mess. Not what I expected from the studio behind "Age of Wonders". Sad.
  4. PeterB.
    Aug 13, 2007
    If you love loading screens, you'll love this game. I don't love loading screens.

1. PC Gamer UK
    If Overlord is a villain, then it's one of those buffoon-ish sidekicks in a Disney movie. It tries and tries hard to be dark, to carry out depraved deeds and thwart the heroes. But it just can't help but cutely (and it is cute) bumble every attempt, conform to cliches at every chance, and grin gently at its own sophomoric humour. [July 2007, p.82]
  2. More than the script (generally witty and sharp, if occasionally undercut by an iffy voice-actor) or the graphic design (a brother to Fable's faux-fantasy charm), the constant capering of your charges is what gives the game its personality. That is, they have a lot of personality and so does the game.
  3. PC Zone UK
    The balancing could do with some tweaking, with some enemies too hard to defeat and some bosses too easy. [Aug 2007, p.70]