6.9

1. Sep 27, 2013
    I loved DX on XBLA, but I'm unable to play it on PC due to multiple serious bugs. It crashes after ~30 seconds on every map I've tried without fail. It also sometimes makes a cacophony of overlapping sounds on the title screen like a weird feedback loop. This is on Win8 x64, with GTX 555 and recent-ish drivers. I'd hold off lest you're unluckily impacted like I.
  2. Sep 27, 2013
    This game is literally unplayable. In the menu screen, my ears were constantly assaulted by a massive feedback loop, which sounded like a giant bell being dropped off a cliff. I fixed the sound by messing with my sound car'd settings, which I shouldn't have to do at all.

When I got around to actually PLAYING, the game wouldn't allow me to play for more than 30 seconds before just instantly crashing to the desktop. No warning, no information on what the problem was, but every single time I tried to play the game, it crashed in under a minute. So yes. This game is... literally... unplayable. I cannot play it.

Don't bother with this one. It is easily the worst port I have tried, because it doesn't work. I checked the program version, it's 1.0. They didn't even bother to make a patch for the game.
  3. Oct 10, 2013
    The game is broken. Other than the random crash and sound issues mentioned by others, there is also a bug that classic skin will not be unlocked via facebook sharing.

Yes, there exists a in-game element which require players' access to facebook, which is already very offending. However, this won't even work. They just patch the game to encrypt game data so that modders can't develop

They just patch the game to encrypt game data so that modders can't develop mod easily for this game, but just fail to fix those annoying bugs which affect players' enjoyment. What a shame!

Also, this game is plagued with tons of DLCs. Expect for paying money to just unlock a new game mode or skin which already exists in the game since the launch.
  4. Oct 8, 2013
    Oh God Oh God Oh God!!!!! Complete waste of time. Utterly useless. I don't even know why people even bother playing this last decade game. They couldn't even modernise it a little with maybe 3d graphics or something. I loved it...when I was 12. It's time for them to move on
  5. Sep 27, 2013
    It's Pac-Man, therefore there is no excuse for not buying it. I realize that people have been complaing about the game crashing, but that didn't happen to me so I'll keep on going with the positive review. One thing I really like is the updated colorful visuals and graphics. They're very attractive... (Seizure warning). Anyway, besides the graphics, the gameplay itself is like any otherIt's Pac-Man, therefore there is no excuse for not buying it. I realize that people have been complaing about the game crashing, but that didn't happen to me so I'll keep on going with the positive review. One thing I really like is the updated colorful visuals and graphics. They're very attractive... (Seizure warning). Anyway, besides the graphics, the gameplay itself is like any other Pac-Man games, but with added challenges, different difficulty options and speed changes in levels, making gameplay faster as you progress. The 'DX' version is simply awesome. A must have. 9/10 Expand
  6. Oct 23, 2013
    There were ancient times it was the king of video games offering lots of fun...I wasn't there when it happened so I equipped myself with a rumble Game pad and prepared myself to rock and rumble with this simplistic,clean fun...Nothing heavy to think about just fast addictive movement while the ghosts after you...The better you get the faster it gets...It offers lots of courses and lots ofThere were ancient times it was the king of video games offering lots of fun...I wasn't there when it happened so I equipped myself with a rumble Game pad and prepared myself to rock and rumble with this simplistic,clean fun...Nothing heavy to think about just fast addictive movement while the ghosts after you...The better you get the faster it gets...It offers lots of courses and lots of challenges during each course...You can show off your achievements to the whole world to see or just having clean fun for an hour or two...It never gets boring so you can practically play it forever...Here is a game that never got old and managed to be an eternal fun... Expand
  7. Nov 17, 2013
    This game is unplayable due to bugs. And first of all, it's just Pac-Man. I mean, are you really gonna pay 15 dolalrs for PAC-MAN!? The game has horrible bugs such as, overlapping sound and feedback, graphic glitches and many more. Really, don't buy this game.
  8. Nov 2, 2013
    Fun? Yes, for a while. Then it gets repetitive. Alright soundtrack but gets old very fast. Pac man is a legend in gaming history but not in the present.
    It will be great for pac man fans and for casual gamers trying to pass some time.
  9. Jan 22, 2014
    It seems hard to believe that this is the best NAMCO could come up with when dealing with such a well known brand name such as pac-man. Oh well, it's their loss.
  10. Oct 7, 2013
    im played pac man orginal version years years ago... it game is amazing only cons use xinput controller for pc(9/10) keyboard playing so hard but pac man forever!!!
  11. Oct 9, 2013
    I loved Pac-Man since I played it first and I think this is a great "remix" of it. But I have to say it would have been nice if they inserted a multiplayer somehow. There would be several possibilities to di that i think.
    Still, the graphics, the sound and the new gameplay rock!
  12. Dec 26, 2013
    I like playing pac-man for many years. But for now, the mix of the game and speed. It's so much fun, and I mostly enjoy at the full speed and the ghosts following me. Very cool game. I get this game from steam.
    This is the best PAC-MAN game ever, for me this is the coolest non violent game
  13. Nov 10, 2014
    Words cannot describe my love for this game. It's legitimately one of my all time favourites. A game I find so blindingly addictive that on several occasions I have had to be forcefully removed from my joypad. I have lost days trying to rack up world record scores. I have played beyond the pain in my thumbs, the aches in my back and shoulders, until my knees have locked into position andWords cannot describe my love for this game. It's legitimately one of my all time favourites. A game I find so blindingly addictive that on several occasions I have had to be forcefully removed from my joypad. I have lost days trying to rack up world record scores. I have played beyond the pain in my thumbs, the aches in my back and shoulders, until my knees have locked into position and my eyes can no longer fathom what is happening in front of them through sheer fatigue.

Always desperate for that perfect run, that perfect pattern, that little more luck, that all conquering score that I can never seem to grasp.

Not everyone will appreciate it's old skool mentality or it's new neon lick of paint. At first glance, at higher speeds, the game looks confusing and dazzling, like a David Lynch directed Tron movie. But play it and you soon realise this is all about memory, dexterity and durability. Follow the dots, memorise, avoid ghosts. Simple. The visuals which once seemed distracting now seem attractive.
    Delve a little more and you realise that you have to stray from the beaten path to get high on that online leaderboard. That breadcrumb trail doesn't always lead to the land of milk and honey. And straying from that path means unpredictability, until you find your own path, until you make it work. Until you make your own destiny. Until you find your own trail and make it yours, you will always be lost in that neon maze and a leaderboard place of obscurity.

If you are the type of gamer that has to find every single star in Mario, every single achievement in the Lego games or are always trying to beat your own high score at Tetris or Columns - This is a game for you.

Just apply that determination and will to win and you will love it..

Don't be afraid to scream at the screen. Don't be ashamed to be defeated time and time again. Don't hesitate to take that calculated risk in the aim to rack up even the slightest point advantage. Don't be embarrassed to check out it's Youtube videos. Don't get upset in beating yourself up.

You are not alone.

This game is for those who like to win, those with a competitive nature, perhaps unhealthily so.
    And without question what it is, dear reader, is the greatest sequel to an 8 bit arcade game the world will ever see. Like the old Pac himself, it has tons of charm and is timeless in appeal. It feels like the TRUE successor to that world conquering original classic.

It's not for everyone. There's no blood. There's no melees. There's no stealth missions or tower defence levels. There's no variety, just slightly different maps. Just different paths. Different patterns to memorise.

It's for adrenaline junkies. It's for the gamers who like knocking seconds off their arcade racer lap times. It's for the gamers who like to try and remain calm as the timer counts down when you are INCHES from beating your old score and must try and hold your nerve.

It's a game perfect for me. Perfect.

The clock is ticking. Your hands are sweating. Your heart is pounding. This could be it. This could be perfect. Don't lose it now. Stop thinking these thoughts. Concentrate. You're almost there. This could be your chance. Stop talking to yourself. Concentrate. That was a slight mistake but you recovered. Your nearly there. Why do I think like this so close to success? You blew it YOU BLEW IT YOU BLEW IT YOU IDIOT. YOU DOLT. YOU FAILURE.

Just one more go. I almost had it. I'll get it this time. Just one more try.

Having played this on my old Pentium D/ HD5450/ Ancient Dell PC I can honestly say I have found none of the reported bugs that some complain about. If you really want to make sure you don't run into any problems though, the 360 version is just as perfect.

I'll recommend it but I don't care if you like it. Pac-Man CE DX+ just feels like it was made for me. It's one game I regard as simply perfect. I can't think of a single way to improve it or make it more enjoyable. The only other game I can say that about is Tetris. How do you improve perfection?

I hope Namco let us know sooner rather than later.

1. Dec 13, 2013
    This is how you restore a classic game – it’s old school, but with modern presentation and some great ideas. [13/2013, p.66]
  2. Nov 4, 2013
    The best Pac-Man game ever. The formula may be an old one, but sometimes the old ones are the best – or at least they would be if they didn’t have Facebook integration.
  3. Oct 22, 2013
    The landing of Pac-Man on Steam couldn't be better, in this edition called Championship DX +. The additions, in terms of gaming content, are limited to the aspects of social organization, the best leaderboards and trophies.